PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXI

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

happyturtle
2010-10-03, 10:02 AM
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/TrogTavernAnimated.gif

*Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Trog's is a single location that exists simultaneously in the cities of Town and Inside. Somehow. It's best not to question it.

Staff:
Owner and Proprietor: Trog Magtok Trog
Manager: El Jaspero Elizabeth Ml'Ruse El Jaspero
Bartenders: Memzee, Phoebe, Ashna

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Bouncer: Baby (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8627338#post8627338) (NPC, a dwarf who was raised by orcs and has the intellect of Thog.)

Servers:
Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. You may have seen her recently on the WotC 4E cartoon.
Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt
Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
Iames Agonia - This tart, dark red wine will stun you and leave you feeling good for hours.
Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans
Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Warlock Wine - Best served cold
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house
Dwarf Spirits
Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor
Ice Liquer - From the Plane of Ice: guaranteed to cool you down.
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood
Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters
LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair
Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime
White Russian Wukei - for bounty hunters who dig dairy
Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
Ales: Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best
Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
Celestial Soda Pop - Soda specially brewed in Celestia. Tastes divine.
Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry Kool-Aid) - for the kids!
Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation
Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds
Oni Tea - From the far east.
Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
Root Beer
Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold
Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows

MUNCHIES MENU:
AbyssalNuts - damned and spicy
Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Brownies oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
Bamhacon - where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens
Hero Sandwiches - what else? Served with Villain vinegrette
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip
Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you "the floor"

SMOKABLES:
Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor
Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand

Beans
2010-10-03, 10:14 AM
A girl of about 17 walks in, pale grey wings exiting zippered slitsfrom her greyblue plaid jacket and folded against her back.
She brushes a strand of pale, whitegold hair from an eye of pale green.
Even death goddesses need a drink or two.

Shadowcaller
2010-10-03, 11:58 AM
Vizek finishes his drink and decides it's time to pay a visit to this 'NO' place, he had been enough time at the tavern anyway.

He pays and tips generously before he leaves.

happyturtle
2010-10-03, 12:24 PM
Darcy wanders in to look for Zanny.

VampireRot
2010-10-03, 12:27 PM
And guess who's sitting at that table over there? Did you guess Zanny? Well you're wrong! It's a random NPC!

Zanny is at this table, absentmindedly strumming his lyre. He looks up when Darcy comes in and grins.

happyturtle
2010-10-03, 12:28 PM
Darcy sits down at the table next to him and hands him a bottle of the good stuff. Yes, she abuses that ever full shot glass quite badly. "Nice candygram."

VampireRot
2010-10-03, 12:34 PM
"Thanks. All the candies are magical, of course. I wanted to match this godly drink you have."

Zanny gladly accepts the bottle and pours himself a shot.

"Of course, I didn't bring you here for a date. Unless you came for one. What do you think we should do with the fellow with the guitar, Pete? He's coming to the festival, your friend 'the Moff' saw to that. Any ideas on how to keep him from playing the Music? The best I've come up with so far is to hit him in the head with a rock, take the guitar, and then smash it up."

The bard grins. That was a joke. Though it would probably work very well. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-10-03, 12:37 PM
"If the guitar is one of those creepy artifacts that possess people, I don't think either of us want to touch it," Darcy says. "And it's not a date unless one of us actually asks the other out."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 12:37 PM
((yeah, cause you can totally smash up Objects :p))

Erm, Raz continues to hand in the void between locations waiting for earl to come online. The wait hasn't decreased his fury even slightly.

VampireRot
2010-10-03, 12:43 PM
((Yeah, because Zanny totally knows all about Objects :smalltongue:))

"You might want to ask that hollow guy, Jack was his name, about it. They seemed to recognize each other."

Zanny drinks some of the whiskey and looks contemplative.

"I can cast a few spells to protect us from any mind control or suggestions, but I'm not sure how well my bardic magic would work against the Music."

happyturtle
2010-10-03, 12:46 PM
"How about hit him over the head with a rock and lock him up in a soundproof room? While being very careful not to touch the cursed guitar?" Darcy suggests.

VampireRot
2010-10-03, 12:48 PM
"That might work. Know any soundproof rooms available? I can use magic to soundproof one, but it wouldn't be permanent."

Zanny nods, then smirks.

"Do we have another bludgeoning object to use besides a rock? Seems a tad uncivilized."

happyturtle
2010-10-03, 12:56 PM
"I imagine we have one somewhere at AMEN," Darcy says. "We have lots of bashing implements as well."

VampireRot
2010-10-03, 01:00 PM
"Of course. So, when shall we ambush him? At the festival, or sometime before it?"

Zanny wonders if he has some bludgeoning weapons in his hoard. Surely some of those adventurers crazed looters he habitually kills had a mace or something on them. Something to look into once he's alone.

happyturtle
2010-10-03, 01:02 PM
"I intend to spend the festival dancing and getting drunk. We need to do it before." :smallsmile: Darcy says.

VampireRot
2010-10-03, 01:07 PM
"Okay. Lets show up early and get him as soon as he arrives. Then enjoy the festival."

Zanny almost adds together. But this is a business meeting, no time to ask people out. Though, at the festival, if all goes well... :smallamused:

happyturtle
2010-10-03, 01:08 PM
"Great. I'll talk to Jack before then too." Darcy says.

VampireRot
2010-10-03, 01:12 PM
"Okay then."

Zanny grins and leans back in his chair, taking another drink. Mmmm... That's good whiskey.

happyturtle
2010-10-03, 01:15 PM
"See you then," Darcy says, and heads out.

Chas the mage
2010-10-03, 02:04 PM
Aether, the imperial, sits at the bar, polishing his suitcase with a cloth.

Earl of Purple
2010-10-03, 03:46 PM
Raz hits Jorje in the back of the head with his feet and also with the sleep darts. Had this been Destur Spritesson, that would have had a limited effect due to Destur's ring of poison immunity. Had this been Elezibethele, it wouldn't have worked at all due to her Elven immunity to sleep. In fact, had he aimed anywhere other than at his head, Jorje might not have noticed the darts bounce off his chainmail. But it's Jorje, whose magic consists of a single wooden club harder than iron and as much potential for momentum as a steam locomotive. So, Jorje collapses unconscious on the floor.

To those impartial observers, it looks like a guy just popped out of nowhere, kicked another guy in the head before shooting him in the aforementioned head.

Trobby
2010-10-03, 03:56 PM
Since I am not opposed to playing NPCs (And since Happy isn't immediately available), I shall play one for the sake of reactionary Bar Members.

From below his shoulders, Raz would hear the voice of the NPC Bouncer, "Baby", who had seen the entire thing take place.

"You! Why you hit man? Explain!"

She does not look like she wants an overly complex explanation. She might even settle for no explanation at all, if it'll make things go faster.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 04:05 PM
OK, I should clarify the sleep darts - they don't properly create sleep - they cause all voluntary muscles to completely relax. The target can still think and perceive, although their eyelids will shut - however they literally cannot move a muscle. It's a real life poison by the way.

Noticing the bouncer, Raz says calmly 'He tried to kill me and my friend earlier. He's OK, just paralysed. I'm gonna give him a message, and then go

Regardless of her response he walks up to the man

Earl of Purple
2010-10-03, 04:12 PM
Well, sounds like Elezibethele won't be able to resist then. Not that she's here, anyway. Incidently, Jorje cannot do anything to interract with the world at all, especially since he's not holding his Orb of Brotherhood. Which is good for Raz, because he'd be able to summon help otherwise.

Trobby
2010-10-03, 04:16 PM
"...I watch." She says to him, not asking but commanding him to allow her to watch. She follows at his heels, keeping an eye on him the whole time.

It's not that she doesn't believe that he might've been attacked. She had seen him leave very suddenly earlier. He might've been attacked in the head, like some people say they are, even if it doesn't make sense to Baby.

But she's still wary of anyone who goes around attacking people, so she will watch, carefully, and if she suspects he's doing anything foul, she WILL bash him in.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 04:30 PM
Using his 360 vision to cover his back, Raz kneels down by the cleric and opens both his eyelids.

He speaks quietly and calmly into the man's ear.

OK. I'm gonna make this as swift and simple as possible for you. You scorpion guys have what you probably consider unfinished business with me. You probably also consider yourself justified. Fair does. You come after me, I run away. That's not what this is about. If you *ever* attack Katie, or any other of friends who aren't involved again, then I will **** up all of you. No negotiation. No mercy, I will stealth kill every single ****ing one of you. There won't be bodies. No resurrection. You'll be rotting in extradimensional space.

There is a very strong air of anger and menace.

Now, this is your one warning. I could have ported in, knocked you out, ported you away, and tortured and murdered you todya, and you could have done *nothing*. Muse on that

And he drops the guy and stands up.

Problem resolved Miss. Sorry to cause a slight disturbance

Trobby
2010-10-03, 04:33 PM
"No problem, long as everyone still alive." Baby picks up the totally incapacitated man. "I take him upstairs now. You not disturb."

Earl of Purple
2010-10-03, 04:35 PM
So Jorje stays put for the entirety of the thingy, thinking 'There's a very simple way to get us off your tail, and that's to give us our money. And I only targetted her so she couldn't rescue you. And do you know how many people rely on our spiritual guidance? If we're gone, somebody'll bring the Cult back and Dalachrech would really hate you if you killed all his clerics'. No idea if Raz can here this, though.

But, Deadtime.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 04:37 PM
((Raz can't read minds yet. And he totally doesn't think he owes any money. :smalltongue: He was drunk and angry too, which didnt help))

I won't be disturbing anyone who doesnt disturb me and mine

Raz then buys a packet of salted nuts, and walks out of the pub.

Trobby
2010-10-03, 04:39 PM
Baby, having observed all of this, shakes her head.

"Baby not get politics, but Baby knows what bad for business."

She drags the man up to Trog's Second Floor, where she will find an empty room, and dump him for the night/as long as it takes for the poison to wear off.

"...If you can hear Baby...Baby is adding cost of room to your tab."

Then she leaves him there, heading back downstairs to watch the Tavern.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 04:43 PM
((Forgot - the poison can wear off at the speed of plot. Should take a few hours, but the timing isnt that important))

Kyrian
2010-10-03, 07:05 PM
Marcie notices Drew turning even more red, and she turns even more red herself...

The FDF, for the record, wasn't too keen on fraternization, between soldiers or otherwise.

"So. Um. Am safe now? For time?" she asks. "Or go other-where, be safer?"

I...We...we're still new...

"What he's trying to say is that we don't know many places around Town."

Murkus
2010-10-03, 08:58 PM
Ordo undeadtimes, sitting and drinking at the bar quietly. He looks very tired, the usual.

Chas the mage
2010-10-03, 09:15 PM
Aether sits, still, drinking and smoking.

Murkus
2010-10-03, 09:37 PM
Ordo watches the soldier, for a moment, but seems to go back to his drink almost immediately.

Jurak Nicrue
2010-10-04, 02:42 PM
* a tall Daemon wonders in, his tri-clawed hands flexing, as his three-part jaw stretches open.* Hmmm...a new place...* he smells the air* Filled with the usall crowd... *he wonders over to the bar, and pulls up a chair. Then picks up a menu.*

Jurak Nicrue
2010-10-04, 02:46 PM
*Soot-black chains clink and jingle as he shifts in his seat.* Hmmmm...*looking up, he whispers something to one of the barmaids. Who hurrys off, before returning with a small glass of dark red liquid*

Earl of Purple
2010-10-04, 04:11 PM
A man wearing chainmail armour comes downstairs. Over the chainmail is a red tabard with a black two-tailed scorpion device emblazoned upon it, the Unholy symbol of Dalachrech, Demon Lord of Invertebrates. The man otherwise has brown hair and green eyes, with a silver amulet also depicting a two-tailed scorpion around his neck. At his waist is an ensorcelled wooden club enscribed with mystic runes making it harder than iron and capable of as much momentum as a steam locomotive.

billtodamax
2010-10-04, 05:43 PM
The daemon will probably see a pretty young woman suddenly appear, perched on the bar in front of him.

She's wearing a sparkly gold top hat, a golden waistcoat, with a brilliant white shirt underneath. She also wears a bright gold miniskirt. Her shoes, surprisingly, are a bright gold number, with sparkles.

Wait. That wasn't surprising.

Hello! She announces, from her perch on the bar. She looks to be fairly short, although that could be hard to judge.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 05:44 PM
((Plot clones? Fine. I'll give you plot clones. ;p ))

Three figures sat across from each other. One of them a rough and ready airship captain, another a demure woman in a blue dress, and the other a spunky little catgirl. The three of them looked at each other from across the table, each one sizing the other up.

Eventually, the captain spoke.

"Well, it has to be one of us. We're the only ones here."

"I don't like it." The catgirl interjected, squaring her shoulders and furrowing her brow. The impression was far more adorable than it was intimidating. "Two of me existing just doesn't make sense. I should be enough me for anyone."

"Believe me little lady, I don't like it any more than you do. It isn't natural for a man to be more than one man."

The girl in the blue dress simply nodded, looking down at the table. Another her...she wasn't sure how she felt about that at all...

"Let's make it her then. She hasn't said anything yet."

"Oh no!" The girl spoke up, suddenly aware of the attention on her. "No no no um...I....I'm not ready for anything big to happen to me yet...I think it should be the captain. He's more well-prepared than any of us."

"But you're the one who has the most potential for something interesting to happen! You could even get kidnapped and saved by that guy you have a crush on."

"Ah-I do NOT have a crush on him!" She insisted, her face going crimson at the thought.

"Then I guess hanging out in his bedroom is just a way to pass the time, eh?"

The girl in blue went silent, focusing her eyes downward and away from the other two.

"What about you and that catboy? You seem to-"

"NOT...what you think it is."

"Right. M'hm...'course not..."

"Hmph...he's just a friend...but I suppose your little thing with that Starship captain is-"

"A very serious relationship, actually."

The captain stared them down. He was pretty good at it, especially when he had the upper hand. Neither girl spoke up.

"Anyway, I think it should be you. You're the friendliest of us all."

"Flattery will get you nowhere." Kris glared at him.

And so they argued, for quite some time. Well, two of them argued at least. The more sensible of the three thought of a plan. She had a waiter bring them three straws.

"I'm going to cut one of the straws short, and whoever picks it from my hand has to be it. If neither of you pick it, I'll be it. Fair?"

"How do we know you aren't going to pull a fast one?"

"I-I promise I won't!"

"Hmm...alright, I'll bite. But if I see you pulling a trick..."

"No no...I swear by it...okay, now you two pick the straws...

So they did, and one of them was short.

"..."

"..."

"...well, I did need to come back here to recruit some new ship hands...alright. But I still don't truck with it, you understand?"

Very slowly, all three figures faded out, as if they had never been there before...

-----------------------------------------------------

Tobias walked in through the door, pushing it open with both hands to get the maximum effect of sound.

He looked around the tavern with both his regular eye and the eye with his special viewing apparatus. It saw all of the magic that permeated Trog's Tavern, and all the magic of its patrons.

He considers his options...there are quite a few available to him, but it occurs to him that, having no actual connections other than Val makes it a bit of a difficult approach.

So, for starters, he'll try a direct method. He approaches the man arriving from upstairs, offering him a hand as a show of good faith.

"Mornin', lad. Captain Tobias Abraham Johnson at your service. How'd you like to serve aboard an airship?"

Earl of Purple
2010-10-04, 05:49 PM
"Do you need a deckhand, or a chaplain? I'd be willing to serve as either, but being an ordained priest I am qualified to be a ship's chaplain. My name's Jorje Hargonnen, by the way, Cleric of Dalachrech. I might also be able to find a crew amongst the Faithful." Jorje takes a crystal orb out of a pocket and holds it for a while, concentrating. If Captain Tobias can sense these things, it magically creates a telepathic link with anybody else who owns one created in the same ritual.

Chas the mage
2010-10-04, 05:50 PM
Aether undeadtimes, looking through his suitcase.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 05:57 PM
"...Well, I'm not much of a holy man, but I suppose if we're running a respectable airship we could use one aboard sometime or another." He says this while being completely unfazed by the obvious dark energies radiating off of the man and getting picked up by the viewing device attached to the side of his head.

"A few extra hands wouldn't hurt...I ah...don't suppose you could fill this out, could you?"

He offered the man a slip of paper, with a small stack of similar papers. Don't ask how he's getting them back. The magic of offscreen time will take care of that.

Name:
Preferred Airship Profession:
Reason for Signing Up:
Hours Available:
Contact Information:

Chas the mage
2010-10-04, 06:04 PM
Aether watched the proceedings, toying with a butterfly knife.

Earl of Purple
2010-10-04, 06:06 PM
Name: Jorje Hargonnen
Profession: Cleric
Preferred Airship Profession: Chaplain
Reason for Signing Up: To spread the Message of Dalachrech
Hours Available: Most/All
Contact Information: Trog's Tavern OR 33 LaMron Stret Inside

Actually, the Orb and the club (both magic) aren't inherently evil magic. The silver amulet's seen several unholy rituals and extraplanar energy clings to silver really well; that's why clerics always have silver amulets showing their god's favour; helps channel that energy. "Will that do?"

I'll read any response tomorrow; now I must Deadtime.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 06:23 PM
"Yes, that'll do nicely. Thank you." Tobias nods. Well...he's not terribly picky about chaplains, so maybe he'll look the other way for this man . He doesn't seem terribly bad...

Ah, but he has other people to ask of course, and so he heads over to Aether, offering his hand to shake in a friendly manner.

"Mornin', lad. Would you fancy joining the proud crew of the Blackwing Co. Airship Services?"

Murkus
2010-10-04, 06:25 PM
Ordo undeadtimes, though he appears to be passed out in a booth near the main bar. Hands crossed, he leans peacefully against the cushion as his chest rises and falls.

Chas the mage
2010-10-04, 06:43 PM
"Yes, that'll do nicely. Thank you." Tobias nods. Well...he's not terribly picky about chaplains, so maybe he'll look the other way for this man . He doesn't seem terribly bad...

Ah, but he has other people to ask of course, and so he heads over to Aether, offering his hand to shake in a friendly manner.

"Mornin', lad. Would you fancy joining the proud crew of the Blackwing Co. Airship Services?"

He extend a mechanical prosthetic hand to shake back. "whats it pay," He asks, taking his cigarette from his mouth and inhaling while he listens to a response.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 07:07 PM
"I like your line of thinking. Which is to say I don't really like it at all, but I respect it. It might pay well, depending on how badly we need you. What skills have you got?"

Chas the mage
2010-10-04, 07:16 PM
"Skills..." He says as he thinks, muffled by the cigarette in his mouth. He pulls out a scrap book, and a case of awards, and begins to flip through them. shortly thereafter he begins to list things. "I can fight with guns, sniping, swords, knives, bare hands. I was a soldier in special forces with numerous tours of duty on different planets until my empire fell... I can use machine gun and anti-air turrets, I can drive heavy duty cars well, I can operate tanks, helicopters..." He pauses, flipping through his book and smoking "I've done arms-dealing in the past and some other under-world type stuff too; if that perks your interest"

Trobby
2010-10-04, 07:27 PM
Tobias's face curves into a slight grimace. Those ARE good qualifications...but Val already volunteered to handle security details...

Though a thought does strike him...

"Maybe not a formal position then...but you say you have connections in dealing arms and armaments? That could prove useful."

Chas the mage
2010-10-04, 07:31 PM
"Yeah, after the Empire that drafted me fell there were a lot of weapons and stuff left over. I can get you enough assault rifles and grenades for your own private army, bigger things are a bit sketchy in getting; and armor even more so..."

Trobby
2010-10-04, 07:48 PM
"Hmmm..."

Tobias does like big booms....but he's also trying to be a little legitimate...

"Better keep it to just stuff you can get without much trouble...I'll have to contact you later to get a proper supply chain running."

Chas the mage
2010-10-04, 07:54 PM
"Yeah... If you need something fancy I'll take a look at what I can dig up, but on a regular basis I can get you selective fire assault rifles, under-barrel shotguns and grenade launchers for a bit extra, a couple different kinds of pistols, frag grenades, combat knives, batons, and riot shields."

McBish
2010-10-04, 08:04 PM
The green ooze that has been sitting at the bar shivers off the deadtime that was covering it. It perks up thinking it heard something about a job.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 08:13 PM
"Settle down, son. You've sold yourself already, don't try to oversell it." Tobias shook the man's hand. "You've got yourself a buyer. When we're ready to make a purchase, I'll have my sponsor contact you to make arrangements."

The Bushranger
2010-10-04, 08:52 PM
I...We...we're still new...

"What he's trying to say is that we don't know many places around Town."

"Oh. Me also," Marcie explains, looking around nervously before going to take a seat.

McBish
2010-10-04, 08:58 PM
The green ooze orders himself a large plate of chocolate brownies and starts to munch them down.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 09:23 PM
Having sealed the deal with Aether, Tobias heads along the bar to look for more...

"...blob?"

Tobias stops, and examines the green ooze at the bar with some curiosity, having never encountered anything like it before.

McBish
2010-10-04, 09:29 PM
The ooze looks over at him the captain. Yes it does indeed have a pair of eyeballs. Yes did you need something? And yes it can indeed talk.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 09:41 PM

Oh gods...Tobias was NOT prepared to talk to an ooze today.

"Er...yes. Um...good...morning, sir." He extends his hand, and decides this is the worst idea ever, immediately pulling it back. "Er...how are you this fine morning?"

McBish
2010-10-04, 09:53 PM
I am doing pretty darn good, got a plate full of brownies. Though it might be the last one I get in awhile funds running low.

He forms an arm and picks up one of it's brownies and drops it into it's mouth that forms.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 10:01 PM
"Er...that's...too bad really...are you looking for a job then?"

Ack! Is he serious? Well...they DO need the help...maybe this blob is strong...strong arms are always handy.

McBish
2010-10-04, 10:08 PM
Well yeah I am, why do you know where I could get one. The blob practically shivers in excitement.

By the way think this (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/photos/uncategorized/2008/08/17/schlock.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wired.com/geekdad/tag/web/&usg=__G3_X7DvFKyBapasy-YED_ohC9vQ=&h=656&w=800&sz=105&hl=en&start=0&sig2=zWYlzqume7Ex7iLZfZU9Sg&zoom=1&tbnid=vCT4YZ-KYfy7MM:&tbnh=144&tbnw=176&ei=apaqTIm7DJSgnQeatLngBg&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dschlock%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Do ff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1025%26bih%3D1047%26tbs%3Disch :10%2C463&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=353&oei=apaqTIm7DJSgnQeatLngBg&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:19,s:0&tx=64&ty=46&biw=1025&bih=1047) with out the guns when I talk about the blob.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 10:14 PM
((Ah...I see you read Schlock. I have to check that out sometime. <.<; ))

"Er well...yes, actually...I'm looking for some helpful...hands...to help with my airship. Here...fill out one of these forms..."

He offers it to the blob, really, really hoping that it can write.

Name:
Reason for Signing Up:
Hours Available:
Contact Information:

McBish
2010-10-04, 10:19 PM
Name: Korbo
Profession: Freelance
Preferred Airship Profession: Soldier
Reason for Signing Up: Need money
Hours Available: All of them
Contact Information: Hanging around Trog's.

Indeed it can a couple of arms come out of the blob one already holding a pen and it fills out the form pretty quickly.

There you go. I didn't really know what kind of jobs you have on an airship.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 10:37 PM
"Well, if you need work right away, we could possibly employ you as part of the construction crew. Would you be willing to do that?"

McBish
2010-10-04, 10:40 PM
Yeah I think I could do that. I only have a few coins left so if I could start to work right away that is fine.

Korbo says smiling happy to find some work.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 10:45 PM
"Well, I wouldn't be able to start you proper until tomorrow at least...have you got enough to get by until then?"

Chas the mage
2010-10-04, 10:45 PM
"Settle down, son. You've sold yourself already, don't try to oversell it." Tobias shook the man's hand. "You've got yourself a buyer. When we're ready to make a purchase, I'll have my sponsor contact you to make arrangements."

"Aye," He says, his breath smelling of tobacco, with a smile.

McBish
2010-10-04, 10:48 PM
Oh yeah I have plenty to get buy. Unless I go on a chocolate bender. The blob smiles.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 10:57 PM
"Ah...alright, we'll be keeping in touch then."

*For the moment, this Tobias is going on Deadtime.*

Zefir
2010-10-05, 07:19 AM
A man of the mid twentys enters the bar. His whithe cloak seems very clean and in his face you read that he had a hard day.
He heads to the bar and takes a free seat.
"One Darknight Coffee, and make it extra Dark"
After the order his head bump to the bar and he takes a long breath.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 08:49 AM
"...'Scuse me, I think I just remembered something." Tobias says to the Ooze. "Tell you what though, I rather like you. So if you'd like, you can follow me for the day while I look for people to recruit."

"But I do believe I've made a major miscalculation."

Tobias sits down at the bar, grabbing the attention of the bartender before he leaves.

"Make it two, on me."

He looks over to the man with his head on the counter, recognizing the posture of a man who has had a very, very bad night.

"Now I know that isn't the sign of a man who has fallen on happy times. So tell me, what's troubling you, lad?"

For reference, this is what the captain looks like.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/BlackwingPirateAvatar3.png

Zefir
2010-10-05, 09:14 AM
"Bad night times? Oh, make it a week and you got my trouble."

He stoped cause the coffe arrived. He takes a nap. But it is odd, he only use his right arm.

"If you want to hear what happend, take a seat. It is a short story but the coffee is hot."

He points to the seat near to him.

Pic of mine comes soon.
Edit: Sorry I read the black text like the red my fault.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 09:22 AM
((I'll try to keep all of my dialogue in quotes, so just follow where they are and you should be fine. :smallwink: ))

"Alright, I've got the time for that."

Tobias settled in, sipping his own rich dark coffee as he turned to listen to the man's story.

Zefir
2010-10-05, 09:43 AM
"Ok lets see. hmm. well Maybe first you should know this is a scientist cloak,but I had to drop it after I loose my left arm 2 years ago. I passed out since last week and awake with that."

Under his cloak cames out an arm that in the first secound looks normal, but a secound later you saw that it is a metal one.

" Well a gift from my dad, but useless to hold a bottle. The next day I took the first think that came up to me. I found a sheet which tolds a bounty on a man. I took it as I said. I used the whole week day and night to observe his house favorit place and so on. I am awake for a week no. Last night I wanted to end the observation. And you know what happens. You know? YOUKNOW?"

He stops going on and in his face you see anger hate and some other feelings that came up.

"I ran into him at the front door of the Inn. This was so much misfortune for me. And then he has the nerve to run away. It took me the whole night to catch him up."

He takes another nap of the coffee.

"I hate headhunting. I will take the next job poping infront of me, if it has nothing to do with headhunting and my dad."

Trobby
2010-10-05, 09:52 AM
"...Are you...any good at anything else?"

Tobias listened carefully to the story. He had sympathy for the man, but wasn't exactly sure he could help.

"And...can you work machines? We are in need of a good mechanic."

Zefir
2010-10-05, 09:59 AM
"I think that will be no problem"

He took out a wrench and fixed something at his left arm.

"This thing needs knowledge inthat things otherwise it would throw it away. But i also can give you a helping hand."

He used the wrench on his arm again and took his left hand off. He points the hand to you and you see it even moves.
He began to smile.

//I am off now return in 3 hours.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 10:10 AM
"Hmm...you could be the engineer we're looking for." Tobias grins. "Do you think you could fill this form out?"

He offers the following form to the man to fill out.

Name:
Reason for Signing Up:
Hours Available:
Contact Information:

McBish
2010-10-05, 11:10 AM
Bo the ooze undeadtimes once again.

Hey there captain seems like your recruiting is going pretty well.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 11:24 AM
"Yeah, I suppose. Three applicants is pretty good for just starting."

Though his player is worried that there might be too many players if he keeps offering the sign-up sheet to people. He'll have to run that by the other two who are in on the Airship building. But we'll get to that later.

Zefir
2010-10-05, 12:41 PM
Name: Andreas Emeralr
Profession: Scientist / Headhunter
Preferred Airship Profession: mechanic
Reason for Signing Up: Want to leave the headhunter job to other
Hours Available: All that I am awake
Contact Information: The seat next to yours or the inn.

Andy fixed his hand and gave you the form.

"It's not that difficult to fill out Captain ...?"

Jurak Nicrue
2010-10-05, 01:32 PM
*The daemon looks up, a little surprised* Oh...hello...and what might your name be? *He says this whilst his barbed tongue flickers out, and decendes into the glass, and begins the draw the dark liquid up*

Trobby
2010-10-05, 01:34 PM
"...Tobias Abrahan Johnson...and you?" He is not going to comment on the tongue...he has learned through years of experience that, sometimes, it pays to not be curious.

Earl of Purple
2010-10-05, 01:53 PM
Jorje Hargonnen, the brown-haired green-eyed guy wearing chainmail and a red tabard emblazoned with a black two-tailed scorpion device and a magical wooden club at his belt undeadtimes. He'll try to walk up to Captain Tobias, unless the Captain's busy, because then he'd wait.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 02:21 PM
He's having a cup of coffee with one person, has a blob man on his other side, and a person just came up behind him to discuss something.

Morty
2010-10-05, 02:28 PM
Wenomir is sitting by the bar, rather bored.

Earl of Purple
2010-10-05, 02:34 PM
"I am capable of miraculous healing and other advantages granted by my position in the Church of Dalachrech, in case it helps me get aboard your ship." Admittedly, it tingles more than if a cleric of a non-evil god used the same healing 'miracle'.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 02:49 PM
Tobias nods to the cleric.

"I will have to discuss with my associates if we are in dire need of a ship chaplain. Thank you very much."

Morty
2010-10-05, 02:52 PM
Taking a demon cultist as a ship chaplain might not be very smart... says Wenomir, holding a glass of lemonade.

Earl of Purple
2010-10-05, 02:58 PM
Jorje turns to Wenomir. "We have three temples and countless shrines dotted around the place. Just because our diety is arbitrarily evil does not mean our work is always unappreciated." Captain Tobias and anybody else present might hear too, of course.

Zefir
2010-10-05, 02:59 PM
"Just call me Andy its short and helps much if we got into trouble."

He end is coffee until the captain talks.

"Well Captain Tobias at what time do we leave? If possible I would look at the instruction book of the ships engine as soon as possible you can't care enougth abaout machines."

Trobby
2010-10-05, 03:03 PM
"...I see...it's not really an essential position though, now that I think about it...I mean, we WERE going to make it a passenger ship, but the way I understand, it wouldn't work out that well."

Tobias turns to Andy.

"No instruction books. Just one blueprint. That's all you'll have to work with, and it's by no means a proper set of directions for keeping it in order. You sure you're up to that?"

Morty
2010-10-05, 03:05 PM
Jorje turns to Wenomir. "We have three temples and countless shrines dotted around the place. Just because our diety is arbitrarily evil does not mean our work is always unappreciated." Captain Tobias and anybody else present might hear too, of course.

Hey, it's a free country. I just give friendly warnings to people.

Jurak Nicrue
2010-10-05, 03:17 PM
*the purple-skinned daemon gazes back over his shoulder, chains shifting and clinking* A demon? You do realize that they care for very little, besides themselves.

Earl of Purple
2010-10-05, 03:31 PM
"I might give people 'friendly warnings' about a man with a scarred face, but if my guess is right the High Priest speaks highly of you. And whilst demons care for nobody but themselves, their worshippers often have valid reasons for that worship which often involves helping other people." The last sentance is said to Mr. Chain-Daemon. The rest of it is directed to Wenomir, and is quite jokey, apart from the bit about the High Priest.

Morty
2010-10-05, 03:39 PM
You wouldn't have to. I'm very open about my intentions. When I don't like someone, I make it plain. Wenomir smirks, the pattern of scars on his face shifting. He then looks at the chain-daemon, not sure what to say.

Earl of Purple
2010-10-05, 03:48 PM
"I'm open about my intentions too. I tell them about Dalachrech and ask if they would like to worship him. Simple as." Despite its simplicity, nobody's managed to convert somebody, except possibly Butler who worships 'Dal'.

Morty
2010-10-05, 03:57 PM
And you don't get a bunch of inquisitors, alchemically augmented demonhunters and adventurers hounding your every step. A pretty sweet deal compared to what other people get.

Zefir
2010-10-05, 03:57 PM
"...I see...it's not really an essential position though, now that I think about it...I mean, we WERE going to make it a passenger ship, but the way I understand, it wouldn't work out that well."

Tobias turns to Andy.

"No instruction books. Just one blueprint. That's all you'll have to work with, and it's by no means a proper set of directions for keeping it in order. You sure you're up to that?"

"A blueprint will be nice and I am sure I can do the job my father told me much about machines, but I have never build an engine for an airship so i want to inform myself of the weakest spots in the engine. Maybe they have the information at the libary or they hold such books at the airport. If you know your machine well you can fix it every time."

He turned around to the Deamon the cleric and the other man, then whispers to the captain.

"If you want an other opinion my captain: You need to keep an eye open if you hire one of them, just for the first days I think."

Cause he turned near you and looked directly in your eyes you notice that the eyes have different colors, left blue and right brown.

Earl of Purple
2010-10-05, 04:03 PM
"No, we get the occasional paladin, Exalted or mage threatening our religion out of ignorance and hatred." Admittedly, the one paladin they conflicted with they tried kidnapping so they could torture him until he sold his soul for salvation (or died) and the Exalted threaten more because they are used to different demons than ignorance.

Morty
2010-10-05, 04:07 PM
Wenomir shrugs. You have to admit, most people aren't used to demons that don't tear mortals to shreds, drag their souls to the Abyss or both.

Earl of Purple
2010-10-05, 04:22 PM
"If you really annoy Dalachrech, he'll do that. He prefers cursing you with immortality, though." Immortality doesn't seem like much of a curse...

Morty
2010-10-05, 04:31 PM
Bah. Back where I'm from, demons just butcher people indiscriminately and don't talk to anyone except the nutcases who summon them, and only high-ranked ones that don't show up on material plane do it anyway. Much more straightforward.

Earl of Purple
2010-10-05, 04:34 PM
"Probably more straightforward, but I don't know if it's more fun or not. Not that fun is my primary motivation."

Morty
2010-10-05, 04:42 PM
Ha. Trust me, scant few things are fun on my homeworld. It's a gloomy place.
((Deadtime.))

Trobby
2010-10-05, 04:54 PM
Tobias takes a large drink from his coffee cup, and turns to face the two arguing behind him.

Gentleman, if I may? I have no trouble with any man holding the religion they feel suits them, so long as they are not doing any harm to anybody. But if one thing has become clear to me, it's that religious concerns would cause more of a hassle than it would help. So I'm sorry to say that I do not think we will be having a ship chaplain on our ship at all. Terrible sorry to have troubled you."

Earl of Purple
2010-10-05, 04:59 PM
"Very well. Sorry to have troubled you." Jorje nods and goes to sit at another table and watches the other patrons.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 05:13 PM
"Equally sorry to have troubled you."

He turns back to Andy, seems to be considering something, and finally forms the words he desired.

"Unfortunately, we're currently using those plans to purchase supplies. I'd suggest you go look up everything you can on airship engines and brush up on the technology a bit. I'll be asking around for other engineers, so you'd better be able to prove to me that you're the best man for the job."

Chas the mage
2010-10-05, 06:07 PM
Aether undeadtimes. At the moment he appears to be attempting to clean off a beat up looking helmet, that has an attached boom-mic, black visor, and has the Imperial seal and colours upon it.

McBish
2010-10-05, 06:55 PM
Bo the ooze keeps hanging around the bar waiting for Tobias to leave or need help.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 07:02 PM
He'll be leaving Trog's soon enough, and heading for Taverna Generica (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159836&page=35). Bo is welcome to follow him.

He'll want a response from Andy before going, but eh, if we can have one plot clone, we can have two! ;p

McBish
2010-10-05, 07:06 PM
Well Bo is going to stick near his paycheck... I mean captain. So if Tobias goes to the Taverna Bo will go with him.

Beans
2010-10-05, 09:00 PM
A figure in a long, hooded black coat strides in, something in its voluminous sleeve clinking ominously.

The purple-soled black shoe catches on the coat's hem, and momentum allows the figure to pivot so that it lands face-up, butt first, because the stupid coat is too damn big.

Hood falls back to reveal a geeky neko (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9190111&postcount=168).
Ow...

Chas the mage
2010-10-05, 09:08 PM
Aether sits, still cleaning, polishing, and repainting his old Imperial Army helmet. He looks up to see Neko, and shakes his head, with a cigarette in his mouth.

Beans
2010-10-05, 09:16 PM
She stands up, brushing stupid dyed hair from her eyes and rubbing her injured rump.

Kyrian
2010-10-05, 09:31 PM
"Oh. Me also," Marcie explains, looking around nervously before going to take a seat.

Drew sits with her,
Are you ok?

Kalim steps outside to keep small watch.

The Bushranger
2010-10-05, 09:34 PM
Drew sits with her,
Are you ok?

Kalim steps outside to keep small watch.

Marcie nods quickly. "Yes. Just...not sure, thinking of random attacks," she explains. "Take some getting used to."

Trobby
2010-10-05, 09:52 PM
Tobias enters-

Wait...didn't we already do this one? :smallconfused:

Oh well...shortly after leaving, apparently, he enters the tavern again. This time, accompanied by Val and Tavlii of Ten. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9491235#post9491235)

Recaiden
2010-10-05, 09:53 PM
Tavlii is looking at everything with interest, never having seen it with this mind. And continuing to dispel nearby color.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 10:02 PM
"Er...could you try to keep the monochrome down just a little more? I think some people might get nervous if their colors get stolen."

Tobias isn't SURE if there are any chromatically powered beings in the Nexus, but then again, he wasn't sure there would be a talking blob creature. So there you go.

The Bushranger
2010-10-05, 10:03 PM
Val follows as well, smiling at the Captain, and watching Tavlii curiously. "Hmm, so, anything in particular you'd like to try?" she asks, as she leads the way to a seat.

Recaiden
2010-10-05, 10:13 PM
Tavlii takes a seat. "I can't, sorry." she answers, looking at the floor, deeply embarrassed.
If anything, the aura seems to be extending in this lively atmosphere. An NPC or two decide to move further down the bar, away.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 10:19 PM
"Ah...well...it's okay...how about I buy you a drink?" He offered, trying to make up for having upset her. "Maybe i could get you some of that coffee I was talking about?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-05, 10:23 PM
Val frowns a little, but then reaches to try and put a hand on Tavlii's shoulder. "Hey, it's alright," she says, trying to reassure her friend, and show that she doesn't worry about it, either.

Recaiden
2010-10-05, 10:31 PM
She looks back up upon the hand landing on her shoulder, and nods. "Okay. I'll try a glass of it."

Trobby
2010-10-05, 10:32 PM
"Mug, actually." Tobias explains. "It goes better in a porcelain cup."

And so he orders two coffees for them...

"Anything you want, Val?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-05, 10:42 PM
"Hmm, I'll have coffee too, I think," Val says with a nod, relaxing a bit. "Trust me, you'll like it," she says to Tavlii.

Recaiden
2010-10-05, 10:45 PM
"If you say so." Tavlii takes her mug cautiously when it arrives, and, after a moment to compose herself, takes a sip, and nods.
"It's nice."

The Bushranger
2010-10-05, 10:49 PM
Val smiles, and puts a fair bit of sugar and creamer into hers.
"There's all different kinds, too," she points out.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 10:50 PM
Tobias, one who has always had his coffee pitch black and fresh, takes a very hard drink from his cup.

"Ah...perfect." He grins. "Of course, you can add cream and sugar if you like, and indeed, there is a bowl of creamers and sugar packets for that, but this is real dark black coffee right here!"

*Deadtime in about 9 minutes*

Recaiden
2010-10-05, 10:55 PM
"I think I would, yes." She takes a packet of sugar and a fair amount of cream, which stirs itself into the coffee.
"That's better."

The Bushranger
2010-10-05, 10:59 PM
"A friend of mine back where I used to live would add twelve packs of sugar, and 8 tubs of creamer. That was too sweet even for me."

Val shivers at the thought...

...as her player pleads the fifth. <_<

Trobby
2010-10-05, 11:00 PM
"They might as well have had sweetened milk if they wanted that taste." Tobias shook his head, sipping more of his coffee. "Mm...what do you think of the tavern, Tavlii?

Recaiden
2010-10-05, 11:03 PM
"I like it. It seems...oddly familiar to me." Tavlii grins, and falls into deadtime.
((Goodnight, all.))

Trobby
2010-10-05, 11:07 PM
"...Familiar?" Tobias quirks a brow. "How do you mean?"

((Deadtime for me as well. Goodnight.))

Zefir
2010-10-06, 01:28 AM
"As you wish captain I will head to the libary and get the information needed could you tell me the Type or construction number of the engine, it would make the search easier."

Andy prepared to leave the tavern after recived the information.

Kyrian
2010-10-06, 06:09 AM
Marcie nods quickly. "Yes. Just...not sure, thinking of random attacks," she explains. "Take some getting used to."

Drew nods,
Yea....but I'll...I'll protect you...

Trobby
2010-10-06, 09:38 AM
"As you wish captain I will head to the libary and get the information needed could you tell me the Type or construction number of the engine, it would make the search easier."

Andy prepared to leave the tavern after recived the information.

"No, but I can do my best to describe it to you. If we decide you're the man for the job, we'll share with you the plans for the engine."

He describes to Andy the way in which the engine is designed. To make things simpler for those of us who do not know how the engine is designed, it is basically a massive turbine and a steam tank with a high-pressure pipe leading to the massive turbine that makes it run. This engine, however, also runs on one other element. Magicite. It is basically an object formed of pure magical energy that allows the engine to run a constant and high-pressure steam powerful enough to lift the massive behemoth of an airship into the air and propel it constantly. He also describes, in brief, the massive air balloon that goes above the airship to provide added support. Without both of these components working in conjuncture, the airship would not be able to fly, though just one of them working would at least allow it to slowly descend without a massive ship-breaking crash into the ocean.

Zefir
2010-10-06, 09:58 AM
"Thank you that will do it. If you need me you will find me in the libary inside."

Andy left Trogs Bar and head to the Eternal Library.

Trobby
2010-10-06, 10:10 AM
And the other Tobias left, thus only creating a slight snag in the space-time continuum.

((DT for a bit))

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 07:26 PM
"Familiar...like I've been here before. Or someplace like it." Tavlii shrugs and takes another drink from her mug.

Trobby
2010-10-06, 07:32 PM
"Hmm..."

A thought crosses Tobias's mind...

"Was there ever a time where you weren't Ten, or Six, but just individuals?"

Beans
2010-10-06, 07:35 PM
That catgirl (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9190111&postcount=168) with the stupid coat is still here, sitting at a table and sipping a drink as she writes on a notepad.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 07:41 PM
A plotclone of Raz suddenly appears next to the Neko girl, with a slight bang as he falls from a foot

I said I wasn't going to do this, but he's been 2-3 days without a drink :p

'Oh, sorry love, miscalculated

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 07:42 PM
"Of course. Didn't Val mention that?" Tavlii sounds rather surprised. How could things have been otherwise?

Beans
2010-10-06, 07:43 PM
Eep!
She jerks back.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 07:46 PM
Raz looks amused, but acts apologetically.

Ah, whoops. Didn't mean to make you jump. Sorry again. The names Raz. Can I buy you a drink as an apology?

Beans
2010-10-06, 07:47 PM
Um... no thanks.
Who are you?

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 07:50 PM
Like I said, I'm Raz. I'm working with the NO at the moment. That's just to get more jobs though. What's your name?

Trobby
2010-10-06, 07:52 PM
"Of course. Didn't Val mention that?" Tavlii sounds rather surprised. How could things have been otherwise?

"Not precisely, no. She didn't say that you had been individual before."

At least I don't THINK she ever said that, which is just as good as having never said it. ;p

"I'm only asking because...well, maybe before you became Six, one of you had been here at some point?"

Beans
2010-10-06, 07:52 PM
Like I said, I'm Raz. I'm working with the NO at the moment. That's just to get more jobs though. What's your name?

Um... Ienza. Ienza Til.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 07:56 PM
Raz gives her a winning smile. He's good at them.

So what do you do, Ienza?

He buys a bottle of port from the bar as he speaks

Beans
2010-10-06, 07:56 PM
She's pretty good at being paranoid.
... Physics.
Weird physics.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 08:01 PM
Raz nods, taking a swig of Port.

Physics eh? How are reconciling that with all the weird stuff here that breaks it all the time?

Beans
2010-10-06, 08:05 PM
That's part of it.

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 08:09 PM
"Not precisely, no. She didn't say that you had been individual before."

At least I don't THINK she ever said that, which is just as good as having never said it. ;p

"I'm only asking because...well, maybe before you became Six, one of you had been here at some point?"

"Certainly not. We hadn't come to the Nexus at all before our transcendence." She smiles kindly at Tobias. It was a nice thought.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 08:10 PM
He smirks.

Stuff like this?

He mutters, and draws the drink out of his glass. As he shapes it, it hangs still in the air, like a jet vapour trail behind his finger

Rae Artemi
2010-10-06, 08:12 PM
A tall man in a heavy, dark coat; Brown baggy pants, a bulky scarf, and a wide brimmed hat walks into the tavern. At his waist is a belt with an ocarina fastened to one side and a a long knife strapped to the other. Lumps on the back of his coat seem to suggest that he may have other weapons on his person as well. He sits at a table and removes his hat. He appears to be in his late twenties. He has short, dark brown hair, and scars on his right cheek. He looks at the menu for a moment.

Miss?

The elven serving girl turns around.

Yes?

Can I get a glass of the Dragon's Fire Breath, and... a chocolate muffin. Yes, that sounds good.

Sure thing!

As she walks away, he unfastens his ocarina from his belt and softly plays a somber tune. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIe9f1jl_2c)

Trobby
2010-10-06, 08:21 PM
"Certainly not. We hadn't come to the Nexus at all before our transcendence." She smiles kindly at Tobias. It was a nice thought.

"Heh...well it was just a thought. Far be it for me to say I've never been wrong. Though I never am."

He lifted his coffee mug, and took another sip.

"Hmm...maybe it is a feeling of deja-vu? Have you ever been to a tavern like this before?"

A tall man in a heavy, dark coat; Brown baggy pants, a bulky scarf, and a wide brimmed hat walks into the tavern. At his waist is a belt with an ocarina fastened to one side and a a long knife strapped to the other. Lumps on the back of his coat seem to suggest that he may have other weapons on his person as well. He sits at a table and removes his hat. He appears to be in his late twenties. He has short, dark brown hair, and scars on his right cheek. He looks at the menu for a moment.

Miss?

The elven serving girl turns around.

Yes?

Can I get a glass of the Dragon's Fire Breath, and... a chocolate muffin. Yes, that sounds good.

Sure thing!

As she walks away, he unfastens his ocarina from his belt and softly plays a somber tune.

((Hmm...well I did say I would send you a character...

I would send Davidson at you, but he relies on being able to tell things about your character you might not have decided upon yet, so that would be a bit tricky.

...Bah, let's make it Tobias again. :smalltongue:))

Tobias walks into the-okay, this is just getting ridiculous now. :smallannoyed: I'm going on break.

((The narrator leaves to get himself a cup of coffee, while Tobias walks up to the tall man playing the Ocarina, and smiles incongruously at the somber tune.))

"Care for some company, lad?"

((He's a 6' 6" tall man with a bandana, brown leather duster, techy-looking monocle, and brown wolf ears and a tail. Just so we know what he looks like.))

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 08:24 PM
"I wouldn't know. My memories are gone from before then. Just Tavlii's, so I know a lot about myself. I just don't remember it." She sighs and downs more of the coffee.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-06, 08:27 PM
The man finishes the tune he was playing and puts away his ocarina.

He looks at Tobias with icy blue eyes.

I wouldn't mind someone to talk to, so long as you don't smoke. I could never stand the smell of the stuff.

Trobby
2010-10-06, 08:34 PM
[Rae's Character]

"You learn to hate smoke when you live your life surrounded by wood and a mile above water." Tobias grinned, and offered the character a hand to shake.

"Captain Tobias Abraham Johnson, at your service."

Tavlii

"Hmm...does it bother you? That you can't remember any of your past life?"

Rae Artemi
2010-10-06, 08:42 PM
The man reaches out and takes a firm grip on Tobias's forearm.

Hello Captain, my name Leneal Russ, but most call me Len. It is... odd to see someone taller than myself. Where I come from, most men barely come to my shoulders.

(Len is about 6'2, by the way.)

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 08:43 PM
"Not at all. The rest of me remembers a lot of me, and I've learned a lot from my ex-family. Besides, the future and the present are what matters." Tavlii chuckles. "Would it bother you?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-06, 08:50 PM
Drew nods,
Yea....but I'll...I'll protect you...

Marcie giggles, and blushes. "Awww...thank you," she says. Even though she can take care of herself (if properly motivated). "Hope it not come to that."

---

Val, meanwhile, has been sipping her coffee and listening in with a smile.
For the record, she never said the Six were once Ones because she figured that went without saying. :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-10-06, 08:55 PM
The man reaches out and takes a firm grip on Tobias's forearm.

Hello Captain, my name Leneal Russ, but most call me Len. It is... odd to see someone taller than myself. Where I come from, most men barely come to my shoulders.

(Len is about 6'2, by the way.)

"Where I come from, I'm considered a pretty big figure myself."

Truth be told, he WAS a war hero of sorts,though not really very officially recognized, he was likely already going down in history books...but enough about things he thinks but doesn't realize are true.

"Where exactly do you come from, Len?"

"Not at all. The rest of me remembers a lot of me, and I've learned a lot from my ex-family. Besides, the future and the present are what matters." Tavlii chuckles. "Would it bother you?"

"...Profoundly."

He takes a very deep drink from his coffee. That is a very, very deep thing for him to consider.

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 08:56 PM
"I'll make sure not to erase your memories then. How about you, Val?" Tavlii laughs, feeling more and more confident.

Deadtime for a while.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-06, 09:02 PM
That is... a little hard to explain. You see these scars on my cheek? Yeah, I've got a couple more of those on the back of my head. I have a pretty good recollection of everything before I left home, a little town called Barthan, but as to it's location, all I can remember is that it's east of here.

As he finishes, Paige arrives with his drink.

Would you like a drink, Captain? I always have a little extra gold to spare.

Murkus
2010-10-06, 09:09 PM
Ordo undeadtimes, sitting and holding his throbbing temple. He takes a weak sip of his drink, apparently the victim of a headache.

The Bushranger
2010-10-06, 09:12 PM
Val chuckles, and sticks her tongue out at Tavlii.
"I think I'll prefer to keep my memories, thanks. Since they're all I have to remember my brother with," she says.

Trobby
2010-10-06, 09:17 PM
"I'll make sure not to erase your memories then. How about you, Val?" Tavlii laughs, feeling more and more confident.

Deadtime for a while.

Val chuckles, and sticks her tongue out at Tavlii.
"I think I'll prefer to keep my memories, thanks. Since they're all I have to remember my brother with," she says.

"Mm...I would not be the same person without my memories. To be perfectly honest, I would not even be me. And I rather like myself thank you very much."

That is... a little hard to explain. You see these scars on my cheek? Yeah, I've got a couple more of those on the back of my head. I have a pretty good recollection of everything before I left home, a little town called Barthan, but as to it's location, all I can remember is that it's east of here.

As he finishes, Paige arrives with his drink.

Would you like a drink, Captain? I always have a little extra gold to spare.

"I would be much obliged, Len. And I think I'll have a Fire Archon Asylum Rum. I'm...rather fond of it, personally."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-06, 09:25 PM
I've never been one for alcohol myself, never been able to hold it well, in any case. So, tell me, Captain, do you enjoy music?

The Bushranger
2010-10-06, 09:27 PM
"Would that be...'to thine own self be true' or 'no matter where you go, there you are'?" Val asks, but nods in agreement. "We are the sum of our memories. But it's also true that we should look forwards, not back."

Trobby
2010-10-06, 09:28 PM
[Rae]
"Oh yes...many a lonely nights aboard a ship were made all the more soothing by a visit from a bard or two. I appreciate a good musician."

[Bushy]

"We are the sum of all the experience we have, and we should count on that experience to guide us through our lives. I do believe in living at the moment, but also in the wisdom of experience."

"I practically live by it, in fact. I wouldn't be the same Captain Tobias if I didn't have the cunning that comes with over fifteen years of military service and other assorted experiences."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-06, 09:30 PM
What sort of tune do you enjoy most, Captain? I think I may be able to get one more in before my muffin arrives.

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 09:39 PM
"I live!"

The large purple demon over there shakes a huge spike of a limb at the ceiling. It has 4 arms, two of which are huge and end in a spike while the other two are smaller and are proper hands. In addition to this, it has tusk-like horns on either side of a huge and tooth-filled maw, three legs with clawed feet, and a stiff and curving tail. It is also wearing an extremely well tailored tuxedo, a top hat, and a large monocle over one huge yellow eye. The demon adjusts this monocle while musing to itself.

"Of course, I wasn't in danger of not living, per say. Just in a large bit of deadtime. I suppose I do like hamming it up every now and again. Now, bartender, can you fetch me a spot of tea? There's a good fellow, hurry up now!"

Eig'Quzi, for that is what the eleven-foot tall monstrosity is called, exchanges a large golden coin for a cup full of tea. It sips the hot beverage daintily. Rather, it would be daintily if the demon didn't have to go OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM every time it ate or drank something.

The Bushranger
2010-10-06, 09:44 PM
"We are the sum of all the experience we have, and we should count on that experience to guide us through our lives. I do believe in living at the moment, but also in the wisdom of experience."

"I practically live by it, in fact. I wouldn't be the same Captain Tobias if I didn't have the cunning that comes with over fifteen years of military service and other assorted experiences."

"Cunning like a fox?" Val can't resist asking, and giggles. "But you do have a point. But even when we do have experience, it's important to have friends to listen to, too."

Trobby
2010-10-06, 09:51 PM
Both Tobiases take a long hard drink from whatever drinking vessel they happen to have as the demon appears.

They've learned that sometimes, when a person appears and loudly announces their presence, it is best to let someone else worry about it and concern yourself with your own affairs.

What sort of tune do you enjoy most, Captain? I think I may be able to get one more in before my muffin arrives.

"Hmm...do you know any jaunty sea tunes?"

"Cunning like a fox?" Val can't resist asking, and giggles. "But you do have a point. But even when we do have experience, it's important to have friends to listen to, too."

"Like a wolf, Val. Like a wolf."

To emphasize this, he gives her a wolfish grin and swishes his wolfish tail, then sips his coffee and continues to grin at her, a very little bit of his young self showing through in his eyes.

"I'm very, very glad to have friends like that...friends like you, Valiyera."

Murkus
2010-10-06, 09:52 PM
Ordo winces at the demon's booming voice, probably closer to him this time. "Could you please keep it down?!" The psion snaps at the demon, rubbing his temple with two fingers.

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 09:58 PM
"Oh, I apologize. But I really can't get the volume of my voice lower than this. Comes with having an un-human anatomy. So sorry."

Eig'Quzi tips its hat to Ordo.

"Say, haven't I already explained that to you? What's your name?"

Rae Artemi
2010-10-06, 09:59 PM
Hmm... Sea tunes... I think I may know one... It's not really suited for the ocarina though. I'll tell you what though, I see my muffin coming, and I really don't have much time to stay after I finish eating, but if you will meet me back here tomorrow, I will bring along an instrument more suited for your tastes. What do you say?

Murkus
2010-10-06, 10:00 PM
"No. It's fine. It's fine." His head throbs, and he tries to avoid wincing again. The grimace is still apparent on his face. "I'm Ordo. Psion with NO."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-06, 10:02 PM
A figure undeadtimes in the rafters. It's a female figure, dressed in boots, jeans, a white tank top, and a red hoodie. She has dark hair that falls just past her chin, and her bangs are dyed blond.

She also has short, dark blue fur covering her entire body. Pure yellow eyes. Two fingers and a thumb on each hand. And a tail that end in and arrowhead. Which she is hanging from.

Talia stretches out a little and looks around, seeing who all is here.

The Bushranger
2010-10-06, 10:05 PM
"Like a wolf, Val. Like a wolf."

To emphasize this, he gives her a wolfish grin and swishes his wolfish tail, then sips his coffee and continues to grin at her, a very little bit of his young self showing through in his eyes.

"I'm very, very glad to have friends like that...friends like you, Valiyera."

"Like a wolf, then?" Val says, giggling. "And thanks. I'm glad to have friends like you, too."
And she smiles at both Tavlii, and then at Captain Tobias, with a hint of a blush under her dusky skin.

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 10:06 PM
"Eig'Quzi. Demon, seller of souls, articles of clothing and various knick-knacks. I'm afraid I don't have any headache cures though."

"Looks bad."

I don't think you're helping Eig'Quzi. :smalltongue: NOMNOMNOMNOM tea.

Murkus
2010-10-06, 10:08 PM
"S'fine." The psion stops rubbing at his forehead, drinking again and thinking. "So you're a demon, then?" Ordo asks, stating the obvious.

Also, he deadtimes.

Trobby
2010-10-06, 10:10 PM
Hmm... Sea tunes... I think I may know one... It's not really suited for the ocarina though. I'll tell you what though, I see my muffin coming, and I really don't have much time to stay after I finish eating, but if you will meet me back here tomorrow, I will bring along an instrument more suited for your tastes. What do you say?

"If you would like that, I would much appreciate it, Len."

Tobias muses for a moment.

"Len, do you have any other skills? Besides music, that is."

"Like a wolf, then?" Val says, giggling. "And thanks. I'm glad to have friends like you, too."
And she smiles at both Tavlii, and then at Captain Tobias, with a hint of a blush under her dusky skin.

Tobias continues to grin at her, a very faint hint of a blush on his face showing, and his eyes sparkling just a bit more.

Poor Tavlii, having to put up with these two hopeless lovebirds. :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 10:13 PM
"From this universe's definition of a demon, yes. The technicalities seem to suggest otherwise, but those are rather dreary to hear about, and its easier on the mind to just think of me as a chaotic and evil monster."

Eig'Quzi grins a hideous and toothy grin.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-06, 10:15 PM
I have a few other skills, but I'm afraid I wasn't exaggerating when I said I had very little time to stay after I eat. I'm sorry, but I must go now, hopefully we can continue this conversation when I return tomorrow.

Len gets up from the table, places his hat back onto his head, and departs, leaving behind only an empty glass, a few muffin crumbs, and a tip for the waitress.
(Deadtime now, I gotta go to bed, school tomorrow and stuff)

Trobby
2010-10-06, 10:19 PM
"Ah, alright then...fare thee well, Len."

Tobias will fade away too...because there's only supposed to be ONE of him! aarrgh! *Storms off*

((Oh dear, we seem to have lost him again...))

KerfuffleMach2
Talia's pointed ears twitch a little at the mention of the word demon. She crawls up onto the rafter she was hanging from and looks for the source.

Not hard to find.

So, she crawls over to where Eig'Quzi is, and drops down near him.

Hi. Couldn't help overhearing. You said something about a demon?

Talia, for a short description, looks like a female Nightcrawler.

Chas the mage
Aether sits, working on some electronic devices with wires and such.

The Bushranger
2010-10-06, 10:23 PM
Tobias continues to grin at her, a very faint hint of a blush on his face showing, and his eyes sparkling just a bit more.

Poor Tavlii, having to put up with these two hopeless lovebirds. :smalltongue:
:smalltongue:
Val looks away after a moment. And orders a refill of her coffee from Paige. Still blushing. :smalltongue:

Kyrian
2010-10-06, 10:48 PM
Marcie giggles, and blushes. "Awww...thank you," she says. Even though she can take care of herself (if properly motivated). "Hope it not come to that."

---

Val, meanwhile, has been sipping her coffee and listening in with a smile.
For the record, she never said the Six were once Ones because she figured that went without saying. :smalltongue:

Drew does what he does best when Marcie blushes and giggles.

And yes, I mean turning red. It's like he took it as a feat or something.

Trobby
2010-10-06, 11:04 PM
:smalltongue:
Val looks away after a moment. And orders a refill of her coffee from Paige. Still blushing. :smalltongue:

Tobias likewise asks for a refill, finishing the last bit as it is taken away.

...And still looking at her out of the corner of his eyes...his tail wagging a little.

"You um...you know, you look rather lovely today, Val."

Gasp! Is he...actually trying to flirt with her now? Why...I believe he is!

Drew does what he does best when Marcie blushes and giggles.

And yes, I mean turning red. It's like he took it as a feat or something.

((

Turn Red
Prerequisites: Less than 3 curtain calls.
Effects:With this feat, you can turn your cheeks red at the slightest show of affection. Even the most subtle of cute behavior can cause you to suddenly develop an intense blush.
Normal: You might blush if someone says something worth censoring, but that's it.

))

billtodamax
2010-10-07, 01:32 AM
*The daemon looks up, a little surprised* Oh...hello...and what might your name be? *He says this whilst his barbed tongue flickers out, and decendes into the glass, and begins the draw the dark liquid up*

((Apologies for the late reply))

Haley. What's yours? She asks, curious. And why am I standing on top of the bar? I'm pretty sure I was aiming for a chair. Well, more crouching than standing.

VampireRot
2010-10-07, 02:12 PM
Talia's pointed ears twitch a little at the mention of the word demon. She crawls up onto the rafter she was hanging from and looks for the source.

Not hard to find.

So, she crawls over to where Eig'Quzi is, and drops down near him.

Hi. Couldn't help overhearing. You said something about a demon?

Talia, for a short description, looks like a female Nightcrawler.

Eig'Quzi doesn't seem surprised at the randomly appearing blue ninja lady. Probably because she's the second it's ever met, and is already much friendlier than the other one. Yech. :smallyuk:

"Why yes, I did. I am a demon. As one might assume, based on my appearance."

It is an eleven foot tall four-armed, three-legged and tuxedo wearing monster, isn't it?

Recaiden
2010-10-07, 02:16 PM
Tavlii twitches a bit, the color-draining aura flaring outward a few feet, and her eyes refocusing on nothing, way off in the distance.

Rockets don't build themselves, you know.
((@Intro: Where is Tobias getting his airship from. Has he one already? Is Atorre making one for him?))

VampireRot
2010-10-07, 02:31 PM
Zanny the bard extraordinaire walks into the tavern, hopefully with Darcy by his side. He'll lead her to a table which has suddenly become a bit more fancy, with a tablecloth and candle, than the rest of the tavern. Bard magic is fun.

"So, what would you like? Choose anything, it's my treat."

Trobby
2010-10-07, 02:38 PM
((@Reca: He does not already have one, unfortunately. For him, that is. He has the blueprints for one, and the wherewithall and knowhow to get one built, but he requires a crew, both to build it and to man it.

If Atorre is willing to put in the effort to start construction, that would work...I think the finer details on that weren't really hammered out.

There's also Bo (MicBish character), who he has gotten to agree to offer his services for construction and heavy lifting. Though Tobias is still in the Generica Tavern with him...probably later that night or something. <.<;))

Tobias's eyes focus back on the present, noticing Tavlii's sudden change in demeanor.

"Is everything alright?"

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 02:39 PM
"Prime rib, rare." Darcy says. "Hitting guys over the head works up an appetite."

Recaiden
2010-10-07, 02:39 PM
"Fine. The rest of me awake. Remind me, did you want us to be working on construction of an airship?" She asks, focusing on Tobias and smiling.

Trobby
2010-10-07, 02:42 PM
"Ah...I see...well...if you've got the time for it, we could get started." Tobias nods. "Did one of you get a good look at the construction plans?"

VampireRot
2010-10-07, 02:44 PM
"Okay then."

A waiter comes over and records her order. Of course its a waiter and not a barmaid. What would make you think otherwise? :eyetwitch:

"I'll have a shrimp cocktail. I don't think we need a beverage, do we."

Zanny looks questionably at Darcy, wondering if she'd like some wine or to just use that godly whiskey she has.

Recaiden
2010-10-07, 02:44 PM
"No. You hid them from me, do you not remember?" And the security cameras wouldn't have seen it in any detail.

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 02:50 PM
"We do not," Darcy says, producing another bottle of the stuff from hammerspace. "Is it time for the obligatory smalltalk? 'How long have you lived in the Nexus? Are you a member of any of the orgs? Where were you during the Felinan invasion?' Or is it too soon?"

1. Somehow acquire a magic shotglass that refills itself and overflows with the universe's finest whiskey.

2. Set it over an empty barrel.

3. Profit! Drink!

VampireRot
2010-10-07, 03:01 PM
"Thought so."

Zanny grins and hopefully gets some of that whiskey.

"It's hard to say how long I've lived here, what with the long deadtimes and various timelines. I'd say about, four to six months? A lot of that's deadtime though, so I did miss the Felinan invasion. As for the organizations, I joined the "secret" one a while ago, out of curiosity. I'd tell you all about it, but then I'd have to kill you."

Purely jesting, of course. The Cat's Guild secrecy spell was a bit vague on what it stopped him from saying, so Zanny doesn't want to appear silly.

"So, what about you? I heard you were a member of AMEN, how's the evil working out?"

Trobby
2010-10-07, 03:01 PM
"No. You hid them from me, do you not remember?" And the security cameras wouldn't have seen it in any detail.

"...ah? Oh yes, I did roll them up pretty quick, didn't I?"

Yup, Tobias is not going to admit that he didn't trust her at first. What? That's no way to make friends. :smalltongue:

"Well, I had to sketch over a few things, make some modifications, but here, you can take a look at what I've got down so far..."

He rolls the plans out on the counter. He's altered the dimensions somewhat and added some more cargo space to the ship, though parts of the directions are in notes and scribblings.

"Haven't quite got all the details down yet, but you could probably start building the frame and masts right away, and I'll have the rest of the figures drawn out soon enough."

Jurak Nicrue
2010-10-07, 03:03 PM
*the daemon leans back in the chair, causing it to creak as the full wieght is placed on two legs. Then, sighing, he leaps up and over to one of the tables, leaving the chair balancing on two legs.*

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 03:08 PM
"Eh, I'm pretty much 'evil lite'. I'm mostly there for the lulz. Can't say I really have it in me to butcher npcs." She isn't about to confess her Watchtower affiliation. That's hardly 'first date' information.

Recaiden
2010-10-07, 03:08 PM
"...ah? Oh yes, I did roll them up pretty quick, didn't I?"

Yup, Tobias is not going to admit that he didn't trust her at first. What? That's no way to make friends. :smalltongue:

"Well, I had to sketch over a few things, make some modifications, but here, you can take a look at what I've got down so far..."

He rolls the plans out on the counter. He's altered the dimensions somewhat and added some more cargo space to the ship, though parts of the directions are in notes and scribblings.

"Haven't quite got all the details down yet, but you could probably start building the frame and masts right away, and I'll have the rest of the figures drawn out soon enough."

Tavlii leans over the plans, so they can see and copy them down to start construction.
"I see. Yes, we can start on that just about immediately."

VampireRot
2010-10-07, 03:13 PM
"Ah, for the lulz. Always a good reason."

Zanny grins and drinks a bit of whiskey.

"So, what can you actually do, besides look great? You cast an invisibility spell if I'm not mistaken, have any other magic?"

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 03:17 PM
"Sorcery, mostly. Nothing too powerful by Nexus standards, but it's amazing how much you can accomplish with a simple Grease spell." Darcy says. Also secretly a barbarian. Rawr!

VampireRot
2010-10-07, 03:23 PM
Doesn't that mean she's illiterate? :smalltongue:

"I know what you mean. I can do some crazy stuff with my music, but simple illusions and emotion-effecting songs work very well in most situations."

Hey look, the food's here! Yay! The barmaid waiter sets down some prime ribs in front of Darcy and a shrimp cocktail for Zanny. The bard tastes one with a smile.

"It's good. Want one?"

What would you do if she was allergic to seafood Zanny? Huh? Huh?! :smallmad::smalltongue:

Haruki-kun
2010-10-07, 03:24 PM
*the daemon leans back in the chair, causing it to creak as the full wieght is placed on two legs. Then, sighing, he leaps up and over to one of the tables, leaving the chair balancing on two legs.*

Haruki sits near the daemon and orders a drink, then turns to look at him.

"Oh, hi! What's your name?"

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 03:30 PM
Fairly uneducated, but she was at least taught to read.

Darcy takes the shrimp. "Nice." And immediately goes into anaphylactic shock. Then her player, who hasn't been on a first date in many years, completely runs out of smalltalk. >.<

Trobby
2010-10-07, 03:32 PM
@^:((Ask him what he's been up to lately. :smalltongue:))

Tavlii leans over the plans, so they can see and copy them down to start construction.
"I see. Yes, we can start on that just about immediately."

"Do you need me to keep it open for awhile so you can get it down?"

VampireRot
2010-10-07, 03:35 PM
Don't worry! I have plenty of smalltalk. ... Right? :smalleek: Right?

Zanny grins.

"Yup. So... What have you been up to lately? Besides knocking hobos unconscious."

Recaiden
2010-10-07, 03:36 PM
"Not at all. I have it down." Tavlii shakes her head and waves casually at the map.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-07, 03:37 PM
A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!

She entered the bar with fluid grace, a very slight blue energy suffusing her brown eyes, floating just an inch from the ground. She headed straight to the bar; and gave a dazzling smile, her pretty face lighting up as she did.
"Hello." she said, brightly. "I'm new to this area of the multiverse, but I hear you do great drinks 'round here. Could I have a Dragon's Fire Breath, please?" she asked.

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 03:50 PM
A small cardboard box has been set up in the corner of Trog's. Behind it sits a catboy, his tail swishing behind him as he sips at a Nuka-Cola.
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/Avatars/ButlerGaiaupdated.png

In front of the cardboard box on a white sign is doodled:

Butler's Tours
Tips Aper Arpe Apprek Liked
Guess he decided to go through with it in the short time between his plot clones existences.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-07, 03:53 PM
[Lix's Character]

Len walks up behind the floating woman, reaches his arm over her, and places a few coins on the bar.

Make that two, please, on me.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-07, 03:54 PM
A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!

She entered the bar with fluid grace, a very slight blue energy suffusing her brown eyes, floating just an inch from the ground. She headed straight to the bar; and gave a dazzling smile, her pretty face lighting up as she did.
"Hello." she said, brightly. "I'm new to this area of the multiverse, but I hear you do great drinks 'round here. Could I have a Dragon's Fire Breath, please?" she asked.

"Oh, hello, there!" Calls out Haruki. "What's your name?"

Lix Lorn
2010-10-07, 03:56 PM
The woman allowed her feet-bare-to touch the floor, and gave a wide smile.
"Hello!" she said, almost purring at the being behind her. "Thanks for that... and hi to you too!" she called. "My name's Emily! At the moment!"

Rae Artemi
2010-10-07, 04:01 PM
Hello Emily. My name is Leneal, but Most call me Len. I am waiting for a friend to finish another conversation, and am getting quite lonely. Would you care to join me?

He beckons toward a table.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-07, 04:01 PM
"At the moment?" he looks a bit confused, but then returns to smiling. "Well, hi! my name is Haruki, at the moment. Actually, it always has been. Though i suppose I could have it changed sometime, but I don't see the point. Nice to meet you!"

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 04:03 PM
Don't worry! I have plenty of smalltalk. ... Right? :smalleek: Right?

Zanny grins.

"Yup. So... What have you been up to lately? Besides knocking hobos unconscious."

"Bottling whiskey. Flirting with a cute bard. The usual." Darcy says.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-07, 04:04 PM
Emily looked between the two, giggling to herself. A minute and already there were two people talking to her... could be a new record...
No, there was that time in Erogakure when they were already in bed in this amount of time. Well, not in bed, more on the tavern floor, but...
She returned her attention to the moment.
"Nice to meet you both, Haruki, Leneal." she smiled.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-07, 04:09 PM
So, Haruki was it? Would you like to join us too? I'm not opposed to a little more company, and judging from the wings, I'd say you and I may get along pretty well.

Trobby
2010-10-07, 04:10 PM
"Not at all. I have it down." Tavlii shakes her head and waves casually at the map.

"Alright...you'll understand me wanting to keep most of it secret though."

Tobias rolls the blueprints up, putting it away.

"After all, some of the compartments ARE secret...and anyone who might get a look at this could blow us wide apart."

A small cardboard box has been set up in the corner of Trog's. Behind it sits a catboy, his tail swishing behind him as he sips at a Nuka-Cola.
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/Avatars/ButlerGaiaupdated.png

In front of the cardboard box on a white sign is doodled:

Guess he decided to go through with it in the short time between his plot clones existences.

((Aww, and here I thought he was going to be hiding inside it. :smalltongue:))

Lix Lorn
2010-10-07, 04:14 PM
(( (lifts box) "!"))

Emily gave a wide grin.
Excellent, they might get along. This could end well.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-07, 04:15 PM
"Sure! I don't mind!"

Rae Artemi
2010-10-07, 04:18 PM
Well then, Emily and I ordered our drinks, would you like anything, or do you already have a drink?

Earl of Purple
2010-10-07, 04:24 PM
Sitting in a corner, trying not to be noticed by Butler, is a man with brown hair and green eyes. This man is wearing chainmail with a red tabard over the top prominantly displaying a black two-tailed scorpion symbol. At his waist is a wooden club engraved with mystic symbols and a bulging bag, and around his neck is a silver amulet also depicting a two-tailed scorpion. If Butler sees this chap, he'll recognise 'George', whilst Tobias or anyone else he's met will recognise him as 'Jorje'.

For those with the ability to see/detect/etc such things, the club is magically enhanced to be as hard as iron and to also deliver the same amount of momentum as a steam locomotive and something in the bag is capable of transmitting and receiving telepathic messages. The amulet, whilst non-magical, has been used in several unholy rituals and some of that magic has stuck to it.

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 04:32 PM

Only if the fangirls start becoming a problem again.

I think George is the only person I know that actively avoids Butler. :smallbiggrin:

Since his player is quasi-busy, Butler doesn't actively seek out any engagements or conversations, but will wait until someone wishes to speak to him.

VampireRot
2010-10-07, 04:35 PM
"Bottling whiskey. Flirting with a cute bard. The usual." Darcy says.

"Heh."

Zanny sips more whiskey and eats more shrimp.

Yeah, silence. :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-10-07, 04:37 PM
Bah, there is one other catgirl who is interested in him, you kn-

"HEY SIR BUTLER!"

Ah, right on cue.

Kris jumps over to Butler's Tour Booth, leaning over it and grinning at the practically undressed man.

"Heya! What'cha' doin' here, Butler?"

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 04:40 PM
"I hope you're going to play again after dinner," Darcy says.

VampireRot
2010-10-07, 04:42 PM
"Of course. I can play anytime."

Zanny grins. I hope that by "play" she means music. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 04:43 PM
Bah, there is one other catgirl who is interested in him, you kn-

"HEY SIR BUTLER!"

Ah, right on cue.

Kris jumps over to Butler's Tour Booth, leaning over it and grinning at the practically undressed man.

"Heya! What'cha' doin' here, Butler?"

Butler? What Butler? I don't see a Butler.
I do see a box with a small tip of catperson tail peeking out.

Perhaps not this time, but it'll likely happen.
"Hi Kris ma'am. I'm starting a tour service ma'am. To help out all the people who aren't vegeteranians ma'am." :smallsmile:

Trobby
2010-10-07, 04:53 PM
Butler? What Butler? I don't see a Butler.
I do see a box with a small tip of catperson tail peeking out.

Perhaps not this time, but it'll likely happen.
"Hi Kris ma'am. I'm starting a tour service ma'am. To help out all the people who aren't vegeteranians ma'am." :smallsmile:

"...What's a vegeteranian? Is that someone who lives inside a carrot?"

((And here I thought the whole "Butler is hiding in a box" thing was a joke. XD)0

Kris's nose twitches a little, as she...ah yes....she picks up the scent of the catnip bell that he got a little while back in GLoG.

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 04:58 PM
"Of course. I can play anytime."

Zanny grins. I hope that by "play" she means music. :smalltongue:

"Great. I can't wait." Darcy grins, and continues eating her nearly bloody steak.

... damn. Now I want a steak. :smallfrown:

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 04:59 PM
[Tour Booth]

... Joke. Yes...
>>
<<
To be fair, Kris is kinda scary. Like not quite the fangirls with the tapes of Butler's voice scary, but she's getting up there.

"No ma'am. It'd be really hard to live in a carrot ma'am." :smallconfused:
"It's someone who has been around for a long time ma'am." A veteran if you will. Because that's what he's actually supposed to be saying.

VampireRot
2010-10-07, 05:02 PM
"Great. I can't wait." Darcy grins, and continues eating her nearly bloody steak.

... damn. Now I want a steak. :smallfrown:

Oooh... About that... Okay, I most definitely did not have some steak for dinner in that deadtime. Nope. Definitely not. Never would be that selfish. :smallredface:

"I never can either. The lyre is my life."

Zanny smiles and looks at Darcy.

"Part of my life, at least."

Trobby
2010-10-07, 05:06 PM
[Tour Booth]

... Joke. Yes...
>>
<<
To be fair, Kris is kinda scary. Like not quite the fangirls with the tapes of Butler's voice scary, but she's getting up there.

"No ma'am. It'd be really hard to live in a carrot ma'am." :smallconfused:
"It's someone who has been around for a long time ma'am." A veteran if you will. Because that's what he's actually supposed to be saying.

Scary? Awww...I was trying to come off more spunky than scary. Kris likes Butler mind you, but that's because she has a general positive attitude towards practically everyone.

...And a tendency to befriend every NPC she meets. And Butler, while he is a charming character, has "NPC" written on his face.

Of course he probably has been in more adventures than Kris can count, but she doesn't know any of that yet!

...What was I doing? Oh right! Nexus!

Kris nods to him, trying to shake off the very subtle scent of the catnip bell, as she smiles at him and seems to understand.

"You'd need a very big carrot, or else you'd have to be very small. But I guess it doesn't make much sense either way...do you um...do you maybe mean a veterinarian?"

She's not very good with big words either. :smallsigh:

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 05:09 PM
"And the rest of it is good food, good drink, and good company?" Darcy asks. Not hard to guess - it's pretty much the Bard Manifesto.

VampireRot
2010-10-07, 05:11 PM
"Yup! Good food-

Zanny holds up a shrimp.

-Good drink-

Zanny holds up the whiskey.

-And the best of company."

Zanny grins and nods at Darcy. Is compliment! The bard then eats the shrimp and drinks some whiskey.

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 05:13 PM
"Indeed," Darcy says, accepting and returning the compliment. Even though her player has run out of small talk again.

Maybe we should skip ahead to the music!