PDA

View Full Version : Aristocrat/Exemplar?

Scarey Nerd
2010-10-03, 12:03 PM
A friend of mine has made a PC with the Aristocrat NPC class. Now before you smash your computer screen in an effort to make these words change, hear me out.

The character is an Elf, raised in a concentration camp by oppressive Humans. He is therefore unskilled in many respects, but is a master at Diplomacy, Bluff and other such skills, having been taught in secret by a wise Elf, who told him the histories of their race.

I was browsing through Complete Adventurer, and Exemplar stuck out at me as an interesting PrC for such a character. Sonofzeal's PrC tier list puts it at a -1, and I can see why in most cases, but I think it would fit this character.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance, but comments such as "Why is he an Aristocrat? He should be X" will not be appreciated :smallsmile:

Morph Bark
2010-10-03, 12:28 PM
I'd say go for it. Any PrCs are usually meant for PC classes, so for an NPC class any PrC should be a step up.

Riffington
2010-10-03, 12:35 PM
Sounds like a fun and interesting character. The only issue is that if your campaign is combat-focused, your friend might feel left out during fights. But if you don't spend all your gametime fighting, that shouldn't be a big issue.

Scarey Nerd
2010-10-03, 12:36 PM
Sounds like a fun and interesting character. The only issue is that if your campaign is combat-focused, your friend might feel left out during fights. But if you don't spend all your gametime fighting, that shouldn't be a big issue.

I'm the DM in this campaign, and I try to keep role-play a major part of it. I have entire dungeon plans without a single combat encounter, simply because, in my opinion, its more interesting for the players to puzzle their way past a riddle than to stab the Sphinx in the eyeball.