PDA

View Full Version : Blindness and Displacement

Ixahinon
2010-10-03, 05:26 PM
If I was to cast Blindness on an enemy, then Displace the person that enemy is attacking...does it stack? Making 50% miss chance form blindness, and 50% miss chance from Displacement and effective 75% miss chance.

Glamer: A glamer spell changes a subject's sensory qualities, making it look, feel, taste, smell, or sound like something else, or even seem to disappear.

Displacement: The subject of this spell appears to be about 2 feet away from its true location. The creature benefits from a 50% miss chance as if it had total concealment. Unlike actual total concealment, displacement does not prevent enemies from targeting the creature normally. True seeing reveals its true location and negates the miss chance.

Neither of them say specifically that you need sight in order for this spell to work. However, the logic states that they wouldn't stack. Is this open to DM interpritation? Is there a rule I'm missing?

Going of Pathfinder rules, by the way, not 3.5..if there is any difference on the matter.

Marnath
2010-10-03, 05:27 PM
It doesn't matter how blurry your opponent is if you can't see him anyway.:smallconfused:
No it wouldn't stack.

Ixahinon
2010-10-03, 05:29 PM
I thought so, logic prevails.

aeauseth
2010-10-04, 10:24 AM
Not that I'm recommending it, but....

Having difficulty hitting the wizard with 8 mirror images? Close your eyes just before you hit him, all the mirror images go away. You already know which square the wiz in in. So 50% chace to hit an invisible object (invis=blind for this situation). Also take a -4 tohit the invisible object.

Tactically speaking, your probably better off getting rid of the mirror images for the benefit of the rest of your party, but really shows off the singularity of the blindness contidion (you pretty much ignore all alther vision related conditions).