PDA

View Full Version : Nexus OoC IV: We're All Mad Here

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Trobby
2010-10-03, 09:35 PM
Due to general agreement between people on both sides of the line, TOWN and ACRO have been merged. Thus, all threads which previously would have fallen in once category or another, should now be tagged [NEXUS].

LONG LIVE THE NEXUS!

:wink:

So, what is Nexus?
Well, the Nexus itself is like a rift, a single, brilliant point where all the universes in this strange thing we call 'reality' meet. Traveling to, from, and between any world or cosmology is theoretically possible here, and the Nexus itself seems to encourage this happening, often sucking beings and locations out of other universes at random, and dumping them on the world that lies at its center. It was not always like this, however. Once there were two worlds at the Nexus' heart, separate and distinct, though somewhat similar in ways. Similar enough that they slowly and eventually merged, so that only one remained. Here in this world the Nexus' influence reigns supreme, and as such the world has defied almost all attempts at classification. Here, knights of old may engage with Jedi knights. Gleaming spaceships land in Dark Age hamlets. Cowboys and samurai quest together to find holy sandwich boxes. And in the heavens above, Xi Wangmu and the Flying Spaghetti Monster meet every Woden's Day to play bowls with Pelor (it gets pretty epic). Here the possibilities are endless, and the universe without rules (except the Forum Rules, and the general FFRP rules, and the Individual Thread Rules, and oh whatever). Welcome to Nexus. Fun is had here.

Major Locales

For an endless world that defies all logic and classification, Nexus can be pretty darn consistent at times. As such, several locations have survived the test of time, remaining (somewhat) constant amidst the chaos of the rest of the world.

Town - At the heart of the Nexus lies the city-state of Town. Self-governed by an elected council, Town can most accurately be described as a city's planner's worst nightmare. A sump of urban madness, here spires of glass and steel can be seen next to Ancient Babylonian slum. Where Hellenistic Temples co-exist with Gothic Cathedrals and the odd Oriental Pagoda. Where crumbling, zombie infested crypts lie untouched in the middle of verdant parkland. It's craaaaaazy. It's Town.

Inside - A sister city to Town, the City of Inside is less chaotic than its close relative. Inside mostly resembles a modern city, with high-rise buildings and apartments, alleyways and roads, though the odd Demonic Monument can still be seen rising up above the surrounding suburb, teeming with dark cultists. Inside is the current seat of the Acronymian Empire, which controls much of the surrounding area.

Outside - If you ain't Inside (or in Town), you're OUTSIDE! :smallamused: Simple as that. Outside is a meta-thread for all those wildernessy type areas that don't merit their own threads, be it wood or lake or tiny shack.

ACRONYMS - Home to adventurers, these complexes provide headquarters and occasionally living space for like-minded Player Characters. Invariably equipped with cheesy names, these structures provide a place for their various members to fight crime, cause chaos, or have kinky lesbian sex. Current Acronyms include:

AMEN - Association for the Malicious, Evil and Nefarious. Evil aligned organization, exists to be EVIL! And sometimes Ebil.
HALO - Heroic, Anti-evil and Lawbreaking Organization. Non-Evil aligned organization, exists to smite wrong-doers.
GLoG - Good League of Good. Good aligned organization, exists to redeem evil-doers.
NO - Neutralist Oganization. Neutral aligned organization, exists to arbitrate between other organizations, and occasionally do their dirty work.
WATCHTOWER - You Know What? Screw It. Non-aligned aligned organization. Exists to destroy threats to Nexus, whatever form they may take.

The Taverns
What kind of vaguely DnDesque adventurer would you be if you didn't visit one of these places at least once? The various Taverns, Grills, Hotels, Cantinas and Restaurant provide meeting places for the Player Characters, areas for quest givers to stand mysteriously in, and also places for people to eat and spend the money they seem to have infinite amounts of. Though there are a vast number of such places in Nexus, some with their own thread and some without, throughout history three major hubs have existed, without which Nexus as we know it wouldn't exist. The Dancing Fox Inn, which is located in Town. Taverna Generica, which is located near Inside. And Trog's Tavern, which is located, maddeningly enough, in Town and Inside at the same time.

White text? In my Nexus?

Nexus Character Directory (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8624672#post8624672)

Lord Iames Osari
2010-10-03, 09:46 PM
{{scrubbed}}

VampireRot
2010-10-03, 09:48 PM
{{scrubbed}}

Trobby
2010-10-03, 09:51 PM
{{scrubbed}}
Now that we've got that out of the way...will be going into deadtime for all my characters in about 10 minutes, as I go to sleep and prepare for a day of...*DREAD* work. D=

Murkus
2010-10-03, 09:52 PM
THIRD. :tongue:

Now that we've got that out of the way...will be going into deadtime for all my characters in about 10 minutes, as I go to sleep and prepare for a day of...*DREAD* work. D=

Oh, you poor poor soul. :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-10-03, 09:53 PM
Oh, you poor poor soul. :smalltongue:

I know. D= I think I might be catching that awful disease known as...

Responsibility.

:smallsigh:

horngeek
2010-10-03, 10:03 PM
...I can't figure out whether Reinholdt has a kunning plan (TM) or whether he's turning traitor.

Then again, I've long given up on trying to figure out what the Friendly Neighborhood ApocaKitty will do next. :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2010-10-03, 10:05 PM
...I can't figure out whether Reinholdt has a kunning plan (TM) or whether he's turning traitor.

Then again, I've long given up on trying to figure out what the Friendly Neighborhood ApocaKitty will do next. :smalltongue:

You haven't been paying enough attention then. :smalltongue:

He's there to foil Ebon Mirrors plans with Toby. Or at least, I think Toby is coming.

Unless Reinholdt has other ideas. Which I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

horngeek
2010-10-03, 10:07 PM
You haven't been paying enough attention then. :smalltongue:

He's there to foil Ebon Mirrors plans with Toby. Or at least, I think Toby is coming.

Unless Reinholdt has other ideas. Which I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Oh, I know that's what seems to be going on... except he's just asked to speak to Ebon Mirror.

VampireRot
2010-10-03, 10:08 PM
Oh, I know that's what seems to be going on... except he's just asked to speak to Ebon Mirror.

Well, his brilliant plan must involve speaking to Ebon Mirror!

Right Reinholdt? :smallconfused: Don't go all evil on us now. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-10-03, 10:09 PM
As many times as Rein has double crossed everyone, it would still surprise me if he were going to do it now.

Reinholdt
2010-10-03, 10:10 PM
Well, his brilliant plan must involve speaking to Ebon Mirror!

Right Reinholdt? :smallconfused: Don't go all evil on us now. :smalltongue:

He's had a really, really bad month for the record.
>>
<<

horngeek
2010-10-03, 10:11 PM
:smalleek:

{{What sort of stuff happened?}}

Reinholdt
2010-10-03, 10:34 PM
:smalleek:

{{What sort of stuff happened?}}
There's a Digest for this stuff! :smallmad:
But I'm putting it here cause I might need it for a post later anyways.

Held captive for about 6 weeks was the least of it. Escaped to get recaptured and interrogated by Watchtower. Found out his son was coming back from hell to destroy everything. Found Phoenix was a vampire. Only quasi-rescued him. Went BSOD on a gnome NPC after going ballistic on him. Had to fight and kill his son again, in part making him wonder if it won't just happen again and again. Found Anshu was a egotiscal creep who let Ebon Mirror run rampant. Found Melody in Coma. Jezebelle was shot and killed. Happy nearly died, Lyanna nearly died, Estia had to grieve. Jack gave him a complete head trip and pressed all the right buttons about how he's a monster. Then Tanker raped him and birthed some hideous monster. Then was forced to face that fact that as a clone, his life may not have any meaning before he topped it all off by sending his newest friend into a coma fighting such a fate.

I give no guarantees of any actions. But when have I ever?

The Bushranger
2010-10-03, 10:43 PM
Bah. I strained my neck earlier today (http://the-interstitial-spaces.blogspot.com/2009/04/warbler-neck.html), and it's making me feel pretty miserable. So I probably won't be on for too long tonight. :smallfrown:

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-03, 10:44 PM
Bah. I strained my neck earlier today (http://the-interstitial-spaces.blogspot.com/2009/04/warbler-neck.html), and it's making me feel pretty miserable. So I probably won't be on for too long tonight. :smallfrown:

Ack, sorry to hear that. Get better soon!

ApeofLight
2010-10-03, 10:51 PM

That's what you get from looking up into trees... and the sky... and the roof... just staring up in general really.

Moral of the story: Don't look up.

Murkus
2010-10-03, 11:17 PM
Aw, poor BR. Get well soon.

Reinholdt
2010-10-03, 11:19 PM
No. Get better NOW! :smallfurious:

horngeek
2010-10-03, 11:33 PM
*applies Solar Medicine Charms*

Artemis97
2010-10-03, 11:42 PM
(Oh why, oh why can I not do anything that doesn't make people upset? Oh, that's right, my own personality. No way to do the only way to fix this without godmoding. I should have not tried using the old AMEN style on anyone, cause everyone is willing to hold a grude, and not willing to let bye-gones be bye-gones

Stupid willingness to try to salve the last bits of my idea of Gordon's story.)

I've got no problem with what you did as a player.

Ilpholin has a HUGE problem with what you did and is going to take herself and her potential drow army support and hoof it.

It's all IC reaction, sadly.

So, what do you two say, Reinholdt and Artemis97? Will you give me another chance, a replay? Please. I'm sorry, about this, its the overheating problem again.

So... I'm confused as to what all the trouble's about... and since I Ninja'd Phantom on the first one, I don't think it has anything to do with Raril's reaction...

ThePhantom
2010-10-03, 11:43 PM
Its a problem I have every now and again. I get overheated, and my sense of what's okay and what is not okay goes down.

All I'm asking is to just recon the showing of the video.

horngeek
2010-10-03, 11:45 PM
...I'm a bit confused. So, you want to retcon because of IC reactions?

Because, as Reinholdt stated, he has no problem OOC with Gordon's actions. Unless you think they were out of character for Gordon's personality, there's no real reason to retcon, in my opinion./third party opinion, ignore if you want

Artemis97
2010-10-03, 11:46 PM
How did you get overheated? And did you seriously write that whole post in under a minute? o.O

Moff Chumley
2010-10-03, 11:47 PM
I think its a fun vs integrity thing. Everyone was acting IC, but I don't think the outcome would be fun for anyone...

horngeek
2010-10-03, 11:48 PM
Okay, yeah. That's the other reason that a retcon should happen.

ThePhantom
It is a little out of character for him. He doesn't like waste, and that wastes the video use for blackmail.

Reinholdt
The thing is... it was totally ok to show the video. I don't think Moff should have gotten involved, but it was quite In Character. And Ilpholin's reaction is coming from IC as well. She hadn't had a chance to discuss possibilities with Gordon since this is the first she's heard of his plans. And she hates him with a passion now for showing the video. And she's going to temper-tantrum. She's always been sort of a spoiled little girl at heart despite the tough guy act she puts on.

But... it was all IC. There was no bile to my knowledge, nor OCC reactions. I'm not sure it should be retconned based on that.

... Also GEEZE you people are fast.

happyturtle
2010-10-03, 11:49 PM
It's sort of up to Art and Rein. The rest of us should let them decide.

ThePhantom
2010-10-03, 11:49 PM
How did you get overheated? And did you seriously write that whole post in under a minute? o.O

I think its a fun vs integrity thing. Everyone was acting IC, but I don't think the outcome would be fun for anyone...

I get overheated by being in a closed room with too many computers for too long. And I type fast.

And thank you for that Moff, its not very fun if the video is played.

Artemis97
2010-10-03, 11:51 PM
I'm going to say no to the retcon. I mean, seriously, how did you honestly expect them to react well to that?

Saving it for blackmail later, not a good enough reason for me. Honestly, I don't think it would make good blackmail material anyways, considering the particular moral standings (or lack their of) of Illy and Raril.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-03, 11:52 PM
Sorry about jumping in, wasn't a good idea.

ThePhantom
2010-10-03, 11:52 PM
Okay then. No recon, I'll just try and fix this in character.

Artemis97
2010-10-03, 11:53 PM
Raril's not getting hostile, yet. Honestly, you've got the upperhand, there. Being a big mean dragon and all.

He will probably suggest Illy move out of AMEN though.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-04, 12:08 AM
On a related note, Gordon, when do you think you can get that secondary base thing going? I've thought of a brilliant name. Ready? RAMEN. :smallbiggrin:

ThePhantom
2010-10-04, 12:08 AM
Soon, but not tonight, causes I'm deadtiming.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-04, 12:10 AM
On a related note, Gordon, when do you think you can get that secondary base thing going? I've thought of a brilliant name. Ready? RAMEN. :smallbiggrin:

Redundant Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious?

Moff Chumley
2010-10-04, 12:10 AM
I can set up the thread, if you want.

Redundant Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious?

Basically. :smallbiggrin:

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 11:20 AM
"While I am under the impression that the existence of ailuropoda melanoleucas is verifiably true, I have reason to believe that any of their natural habitats is of no near proximity to our location. An attempt to rescue ailuropoda melanoleucas would be dubious at best."

You googled that, cheat :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2010-10-04, 11:26 AM
You googled that, cheat :smallbiggrin:

I can swear on my mother's grave that I did not google it.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 11:46 AM
Probably because your mother is still alive. ;p

And geeze you guys DO move fast. D:

Reinholdt
2010-10-04, 11:47 AM
Probably because your mother is still alive. ;p

And geeze you guys DO move fast. D:

Well that and I used wikipedia.
>>
<<

Trobby
2010-10-04, 11:55 AM
Ah, darn clever of you to specifically deny the use of Google. :smalltongue: Full marks.

Reinholdt
2010-10-04, 12:21 PM
This Raven/Ingi thing is way over my head now. :smalleek:

happyturtle
2010-10-04, 12:29 PM
Huh? Ingi had a kid before he died. The kid showed up in the Nexus and found Jazirian because Jazirian got a blood transfusion from Ingi. How is that complicated? :smallconfused:

Morty
2010-10-04, 12:36 PM
Reelshka's going to fawn over a cute little baby dragon. >.>

Reinholdt
2010-10-04, 12:39 PM
Huh? Ingi had a kid before he died. The kid showed up in the Nexus and found Jazirian because Jazirian got a blood transfusion from Ingi. How is that complicated? :smallconfused:

Cause I'm trying to figure out how Raven had it with Ingi and who shapeshifted for whom.

happyturtle
2010-10-04, 12:50 PM
:tongue:

Step 1: Figure out a way for two different species to reproduce.
Step 2: Figure out a way for two males to reproduce.
Step 3: Somehow undo Raven's asexuality.

After you've managed all three, I suppose Raven would be the one shapeshifting, because Ingi never took human form.

Reinholdt
2010-10-04, 12:54 PM
SEE?! See how far over my head that is? It's like... up here.

Compared to here.

Or something.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 02:01 PM

D:

I'm boooooooored. ;w; Why did I have to put two of my characters in a position where they have to wait for Bushy, and the other in a position where she has to wait for PM? D=

Now I know why you guys are always making new characters. ;w; So that there's always someone to play. D=

Don't make me actually bring the absolutely overpowered and insane characters in...because I WILL do that, and there will be a lot of damage done. <.<;

happyturtle
2010-10-04, 02:25 PM
Na na na na na na na na PLOT CLONES!

(sing to the tune of Adam West Batman)

Trobby
2010-10-04, 02:29 PM
I haven't even gotten any of them involved enough in a single plot to warrant said clones yet.

Heck, Kris doesn't even belong to any of the groups yet! And Tobias is just following Val around at the moment. Heck, he could have an airship any day now!

I could do something with Katie maybe, but she doesn't know enough people yet to really have anything she could do.

That, and I want Project Mayhem to describe his "sorcery" a little more to me before deciding whether or not to give her the power.

happyturtle
2010-10-04, 02:37 PM
Just stick one of them in a tavern and chat with people.

Recaiden
2010-10-04, 02:39 PM
I haven't even gotten any of them involved enough in a single plot to warrant said clones yet.

Heck, Kris doesn't even belong to any of the groups yet! And Tobias is just following Val around at the moment. Heck, he could have an airship any day now!

I could do something with Katie maybe, but she doesn't know enough people yet to really have anything she could do.

That, and I want Project Mayhem to describe his "sorcery" a little more to me before deciding whether or not to give her the power.

I hereby declare Tobias to be participating in a plot. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-10-04, 02:41 PM
We probably should just rename them 'thread clones' or 'tavern clones' rather than 'plot clones'.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 02:47 PM
But...but timelines! D= I don't like inconsistencies in timelines! :(

happyturtle
2010-10-04, 02:50 PM
Boy are you in the wrong roleplay universe. :smalltongue:

*pushes over to Trog's* There's a new person there. I'd post and make them feel welcome but..

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/lolcats/funny-pictures-cat-will-nap-here.jpg

naptime... zzzzz

Beans
2010-10-04, 03:22 PM
It still continues to keep on sucking to be Carrie.
Again.

billtodamax
2010-10-04, 05:03 PM

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Justifying the existence of plot clones. That's a good one.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 05:16 PM
Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Justifying the existence of plot clones. That's a good one.

;w;

But I...I'M LOGICAL! D=

...Wait, no I'm not. <.<;

Well, I'm semi-consistent at least. And I firmly believe that unless a character literally has a clone or is somehow experiencing multiple universe syndrome, then there should be a limit to one "you" or less.

So if I ever do "clone" any of my characters, you can bet it will be in reference to what they would or could have been doing in the past or future.

Snares
2010-10-04, 05:46 PM
What're the plot clones about, out of curiosity? Are they like handy rules-of-existence-benders that allow you to randomly mooch around taverns while you're also off slaying the evils of the universe or something?

I'm thinking of bringing in a new character myself too. One with scope for accidentally interfering in all sorts of things! :3

Trobby
2010-10-04, 05:49 PM
I was thinking of doing that, but then I realized I'm way too lazy to get involved in the scope of things. ;p

Also, I think it's just a way of allowing characters to interact with more than one person at once, so that you aren't left with a character who isn't going anywhere...maybe.

billtodamax
2010-10-04, 05:50 PM
Basically, yeah. Say if your character is conversing with someone that's deadtimed, and you wanted to play them somewhere else, you just do, jabs at continuity's rotting corpse optional.

Earl of Purple
2010-10-04, 05:50 PM
@ Snares: Yes, basically. Or also to partake in multiple plots simultaneously.

@ Introbulous: I really enjoyed the plot-clone-conversation-thing.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 05:52 PM
Thanks. :3 I wanted to make it as absurd as I possibly could.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 05:54 PM

D:

I'm boooooooored. ;w; Why did I have to put two of my characters in a position where they have to wait for Bushy, and the other in a position where she has to wait for PM? D=

Now I know why you guys are always making new characters. ;w; So that there's always someone to play. D=

Don't make me actually bring the absolutely overpowered and insane characters in...because I WILL do that, and there will be a lot of damage done. <.<;

Ahm sooowwy. I've been finishing my degree. Had to hand my last essay in today, but Now. I'm. Done.

Will PM you with the details as soon as I find my Mage book

Reinholdt
2010-10-04, 05:57 PM
Basically, yeah. Say if your character is conversing with someone that's deadtimed, and you wanted to play them somewhere else, you just do, jabs at continuity's rotting corpse optional.

Of course it can become a pain if used foolishly to clone someone say... 5 or 6 times at the same time and eventually something bad happens to one and you have to decide how it affects the others.
>>
<<
I don't have experience in this field at all. Honest.

billtodamax
2010-10-04, 06:00 PM
GAH!

Reinhoooooldt!

Can you change the link you have in your signature so it isn't that wide? I keep accidentally clicking it and it's really annoying.

happyturtle
2010-10-04, 06:00 PM
The safest cloning is a tavern clone that just hangs out in one of the tavern threads to interact with people while another clone is off adventuring. The most extreme can have you with multiple clones in the same thread. Not recommended for first time cloners.

billtodamax
2010-10-04, 06:03 PM
Do not clone if you suffer from spinal injury, if you are pregnant, or if you think you might become pregnant.

Consult your doctor before cloning.

Reinholdt
2010-10-04, 06:04 PM
GAH!

Reinhoooooldt!

Can you change the link you have in your signature so it isn't that wide? I keep accidentally clicking it and it's really annoying.

Don't know how, but I'll try.

Edit: Fixed. Just rearranged where the [Center] tags where.

billtodamax
2010-10-04, 06:09 PM
Thanks. Hopefully I should stop accidentally opening your acro characters. Yes Internet Browser, I know who Butler is. I really don't need to check. Trust me on this.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 06:29 PM
Ahm sooowwy. I've been finishing my degree. Had to hand my last essay in today, but Now. I'm. Done.

Will PM you with the details as soon as I find my Mage book

o.o Wow...a whole book? That um...wow...maybe you could just tell me what book it is, and I could see if I can get it from loan at the library or something?

Do not clone if you suffer from spinal injury, if you are pregnant, or if you think you might become pregnant.

Consult your doctor before cloning.

D= So...genderbending players should beware?

<.<; I will be cautious in my cloning. I promise to not drink and clone. I will not operate heavy machinery while cloning my characters.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 06:47 PM
o.o Wow...a whole book? That um...wow...maybe you could just tell me what book it is, and I could see if I can get it from loan at the library or something?

Mage the Awakening. If your library doesnt stock RP books, pdfs legally available here (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=2743)

Murkus
2010-10-04, 06:54 PM
By the by, does anyone need a security guard? Or something similar?

Because I had an idea for this human-brain-in-a-robot-body sort of thing, and I'm not sure where to put it.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-04, 07:20 PM
You people and your continuity bending. Back in my day we cloned our characters IC and we LIKED it!

But Chumley, you only did that a few months ago, tops!

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 08:00 PM
"Engine of Destruction. I like that. Has that progressive, forward ring to it."

"I wish to team up. Unless my sources are incorrect you want to bring ultimate peace to the world. Replace matter with the void. End everything. So do I."

Oooooh, crap.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-04, 08:05 PM
*a Moff leans into thread*
*BOP*
BAD KITTY! NO MORE WORLD DESTROYING!
*is vaporized by Ebon*

horngeek
2010-10-04, 08:06 PM
Oooooh, crap.

Called it. :smalltongue:

Hey, at least Ebon isn't an Infernal. :smalleek:

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 08:07 PM
... Exalted can't be *that* dangerous can they? *knows the answer*

The Bushranger
He finds your lack of non-existiance disturbing...

...and yes, yes they CAN. :smalleek:

Darkcomet
Next I'll be hearing that Cal is back again. :smallsigh:

happyturtle
2010-10-04, 08:08 PM
Poor Estia and Lyanna. :smallfrown:

horngeek
2010-10-04, 08:13 PM

Don't jinx it. :smalleek:

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 08:17 PM
And this is what hiding in pocket realms is for. Anyone wanna share Raz's apocobunker? Only hot chicks and Butler need apply

VampireRot
2010-10-04, 08:19 PM
And this is what hiding in pocket realms is for. Anyone wanna share Raz's apocobunker? Only hot chicks and Butler need apply

That'll never work.

I'll sneak THAT CAT in out of pure spite and malice. :smallamused: Muahahahha!

YOUR FURNITURE WILL BE RUINED!

Also, everyone will get eaten and stuff. But mostly the furniture thing.

horngeek
2010-10-04, 08:20 PM
That'll never work.

Also, everyone eaten and stuff. But mostly the furniture thing.

You would make a good Fiend Caste Infernal Exalted.

Except you haven't failed horribly at anything. :smalltongue:

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 08:23 PM
That'll never work.

Also, everyone will get eaten and stuff. But mostly the furniture thing.

The joke is on you evil kitteh. I has no furniture!

VampireRot
2010-10-04, 08:26 PM
Not even a diabolical scratching post?! Man, Raz is a monster! :smalleek:

I probably would make a very good bad evil Fiend Caste Infernal Exalted. If I really understood the Exalted setting thing well enough. :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-10-04, 08:26 PM

Ah, so THAT'S why Katie's spending so much time in Raz's pocket dimension.

...No wait...that's because Raz is trying to get in her pants. ;p

Well, she likes cats...but not doomsday cats.

VampireRot
2010-10-04, 08:28 PM
THAT CAT only turns into a doomsday cat if you kill it a few times, otherwise its a cute black kitteh. Makes it not completely and totally overpowered.

Though if someone really evil gets their hands on it... :smalleek:

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 08:30 PM
Ah, so THAT'S why Katie's spending so much time in Raz's pocket dimension.

...No wait...that's because Raz is trying to get in her pants. ;p

Well, she likes cats...but not doomsday cats.

Not true. Katie doesn't wear pants.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 08:37 PM
Not true. Katie doesn't wear pants.

"Under her skirt" doesn't quite work though. :smalltongue:

And what about the sort of person who would give a kitty lots of ear scratches and pettings, and feed them treats and stuff?

VampireRot
2010-10-04, 08:38 PM
Then THAT CAT never gets to manifest its kewl doomsday powers until it dies of like, kidney failure ("natural causes") in like 15 IC years. And I be a very sad vampire.

Reinholdt
2010-10-04, 08:40 PM

You say that like it's a bad thing.
Or like he ever left to start with.
Or like he's a swan princess in a tutu.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 08:43 PM
All of these villains shall be thwarted by Raz's advanced grasp of spatial dimensions :smalltongue:

And ...

How the heck is Reinholdt dangerous? He's a little kitteh

horngeek
2010-10-04, 08:44 PM

You're new here, aren't you?

The Bushranger
2010-10-04, 08:45 PM

He's not a little kitteh.

He's THE..APOCAKITTEH.

:smalleek::smallcool::smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2010-10-04, 08:45 PM
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Or like he ever left to start with.
Or like he's a swan princess in a tutu.

I think it would be a bad thing, to be blunt.

Reinholdt
2010-10-04, 08:46 PM
I wouldn't listen to their jealous lies. Reinholdt's harmless.

It's that eldritch kitty you should worry about.

^ I know you do. :smalltongue:

Beans
All of these villains shall be thwarted by Raz's advanced grasp of spatial dimensions :smalltongue:

And ...

... Dude, it's like he got kidnapped by Candlejack before he could finish his post, but he didn't even mention Ca

VampireRot
I thought he was

REEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNHOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDT!!!!!

:smallcool:

THAT CAT used to be one of his titles, but mah kitteh stoles it. :smallcool:

The Bushranger
2010-10-04, 08:49 PM
I thought he was

REEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNHOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDT!!!!!

:smallcool:

That too. :smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2010-10-04, 08:49 PM
^ I know you do. :smalltongue:

Indeed. You also know that I dislike the constant doom in the first place, so I doubt you care about that specific opinion of mine.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 08:52 PM
You're new here, aren't you?

I know about the world ending - I just don't know *how*. He seems an ordinary cat. That can turn pink and float.

Reinholdt
2010-10-04, 08:54 PM
Indeed. You also know that I dislike the constant doom in the first place, so I doubt you care about that specific opinion of mine.

I fail to see how the first part of that sentence prior to the comma is connected in any way to the second. :smallconfused:

happyturtle
2010-10-04, 08:56 PM
Cal jumped the shark a plot or two back. I would not have fun interacting with him or his minions if he returned.

The Bushranger
2010-10-04, 08:57 PM
Cal jumped the shark a plot or two back. I would not have fun interacting with him or his minions if he returned.

I'll ditto that. >_>

Darkcomet
2010-10-04, 08:59 PM
The implication is that, since you know my opinion and seem to be going on with the DOOM anyway, you clearly don't care about it.

Reinholdt
2010-10-04, 09:04 PM
The implication is that, since you know my opinion and seem to be going on with the DOOM anyway, you clearly don't care about it.
Oh. So if my characters don't all act in a manner aligning with your opinion, suddenly I don't have any care for it? Interesting.

I can promise Cal's not coming back. I don't like interacting with you people with him. You should have no concern of him coming back. Hence the silly swan princess tutu comment.

Darkcomet
2010-10-04, 09:06 PM
The sentiment seems quite common, though, if I may say so myself.

Recaiden
2010-10-04, 09:07 PM

Even though we care about your opinion, some of us do enjoy DOOM-ful plots. So we have some anyway, and you don't have to be involved.

horngeek
Even though we care about your opinion, some of us do enjoy DOOM-ful plots. So we have some anyway, and you don't have to be involved.

This, basically.

Reinholdt
I can promise Cal's not coming back. I don't like interacting with you people with him. You should have no concern of him coming back. Hence the silly swan princess tutu comment.

The sentiment seems quite common, though, if I may say so myself.

Why are you still talking about this?

Darkcomet
2010-10-04, 09:13 PM
To specify, I meant the constant end-of-the-world stuff in general.

Or maybe it's just bad memories of the last ones you did getting to my head.

Reinholdt
2010-10-04, 09:16 PM

And I have pretty bad memories as to how many of you reacted. So once again I request you drop it.

Murkus
2010-10-04, 09:16 PM

Out of curiousity, what happened, and what problem did you have with it?

Trobby
2010-10-04, 09:17 PM
I know about the world ending - I just don't know *how*. He seems an ordinary cat. That can turn pink and float.

Are you asking how a harmless-looking, powerless character could ever become an apocalyptic threat?

http://www.deviantart.com/download/79108745/Kirby_Super_Star__Kirby_v_Marx_by_elazuls_core.jpg

Oh ye of little faith. :smallamused::smalleek:

Darkcomet
2010-10-04, 09:20 PM
You want me to PM you instead, Murkus? It doesn't seem like I'm allowed to discuss it openly.

happyturtle
2010-10-04, 09:20 PM
Out of curiousity, what happened, and what problem did you have with it?

Lots of ooc unpleasantness, which is why Rein wants to drop it. Though I'm sure he ninja'd you and you didn't see his post before asking.

So let's have some lolcats. Or lolowls in this case.
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/caption-this-picture2.jpeg?w=400&h=300

Murkus
2010-10-04, 09:22 PM
If you'd really like, DC.

It would seem it's uncovered some irreconcilable issues, so it may not be best to discuss it here.

Recaiden
2010-10-04, 09:27 PM
Lots of ooc unpleasantness, which is why Rein wants to drop it. Though I'm sure he ninja'd you and you didn't see his post before asking.

So let's have some lolcats.

Lolcats?
http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t345/laklaer/f6y0MpOgKqzk1pqePrqogSHWo1_500.jpg

Trobby
2010-10-04, 09:35 PM
Hmm...time for my Lolcat contribution.

http://www.innocentenglish.com/cute-pictures/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/cute-lolcat-ears-hear-you.jpg

And remember...these cute critters can END THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT.

http://www.kirbysrainbowresort.net/multimedia/pictures/kss/marx.jpg

Evil comes in the most innocuous forms...

happyturtle
2010-10-04, 09:37 PM
The cute is so intense it can't be posted directly. (That, and the picture is too big.) Click here (http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/88e5d86b-5985-4b99-987d-11a4d1886973.jpg).

VampireRot
2010-10-04, 09:38 PM
THAT CAT sez...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/4192c17f-8209-4349-ba10-ca7ccad9a5ef.jpg

Moff Chumley
2010-10-04, 10:42 PM
CHUMLEY Says: what it be an apocalypse plot if I flooded Nexus with a neverending army of Moffclones? :smallconfused:

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-04, 10:47 PM
CHUMLEY Says: what it be an apocalypse plot if I flooded Nexus with a neverending army of Moffclones? :smallconfused:

Well, with the sheer destruction value that would inevitably come from a large concentration of Moffs in any given area...

Probably, yes. :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-10-04, 10:50 PM
Hey Iames, isn't that Exalted writing Anshu has (high realm script?) written top to bottom?

When you consider what a single Moff can do to it...yeah, I'd say so.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-04, 10:55 PM
I think the Law of Conversion of Moffishness applies here, though. Each Moff would only have the destructive power of a tipsy dachshund, but with enough Moffs... :smalltongue:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-04, 10:56 PM
Okay, so I'm considering tossing a young Zel into PACK.

Anybody got any ideas how to go about this? Besides her just popping into existence next to somebody.

The Bushranger
2010-10-04, 10:58 PM
Yay Zel!

Have her just wander up, accompanied by parent/guardian? :smalltongue:

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-04, 11:01 PM
I think the Law of Conversion of Moffishness applies here, though. Each Moff would only have the destructive power of a tipsy dachshund, but with enough Moffs... :smalltongue:

Yeah, with enough Moffs it really doesn't matter if they all have the power of an ant, they'd still cause enough destruction to make it on "Modern Marvels". :smalltongue:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-04, 11:02 PM
Orphanage representative.

Could I get somebody to act as a tour guide like person for her? Show her the dorm and stuff.

It's for me and her.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 11:03 PM
Hmm...

I have the sudden desire to add an English Teacher to the PACK.

The Bushranger
2010-10-04, 11:04 PM
Doooooo eeeeet.

And they could show Zel around.

And then she could meet the Magical Girls! :smalltongue:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-04, 11:06 PM
Doooooo eeeeet.

And they could show Zel around.

And then she could meet the Magical Girls! :smalltongue:

That...would be interesting...

Alright! I'm off to make her first appearance...post...thingy...

Trobby
2010-10-04, 11:11 PM
It would be a he, actually. ;p And I haven't even begun to build his character.

He would either have to be a "Normal", or an "epic badass".

....Oh, and there's a distinct possbility that this character will be an expy of myself.

<.<;

Lord Iames Osari
2010-10-04, 11:16 PM
Hey Iames, isn't that Exalted writing Anshu has (high realm script?) written top to bottom?

Maaaaaaybe.

<.<

>.>

Trobby
2010-10-05, 12:38 AM
Deadtiming my characters, but posting this first to gauge reaction.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/403f769.png

TEACHER
Name: Jim Davidson
Subject(s): English Composition, Foreign Languages, Philosophy
Other Expertise: Divination, Graphic Arts
Important Information: Will do his absolute best not to predict things before they happen. Be careful of that low-hanging tree branch.
Signature:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/signature.png

horngeek
2010-10-05, 12:41 AM
Interesting... would be difficult to do, though.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 12:47 AM
Only thing I had a problem with as well. <.<; I might have to change his quirk to be more workable.

Zefir
2010-10-05, 06:33 AM
Hey people,

I already made an char but I dont now what to do now. Can somebody help me ?

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-05, 06:38 AM
Having him wander into a bar helps. Have you read all the new players advice stuff?

Zefir
2010-10-05, 06:49 AM
I have read most of the FFRP Central: All players start here! Spoilers but i am quiet not sure how I bring him on. I am a bit confused which thread I need to post or should post.

FireFox
2010-10-05, 06:50 AM
Oh right, I have a literature teacher at PACK. >.>
I still have that lesson plan, so if anyone wants to be taught about the importance of Milton and Dante in the cosmologies of the Nexus, just say so and I'll get around to posting.

happyturtle
2010-10-05, 07:00 AM
Best place to start is in Trog's Tavern. Just have him wander in for a drink.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 08:24 AM
I still have that lesson plan, so if anyone wants to be taught about the importance of Milton and Dante in the cosmologies of the Nexus, just say so and I'll get around to posting.

I actually did notice that. ;p Hence why I quickly added a few other areas of expertise like language to give him something to do besides "another English teacher."

Incidentally, would it be more, less, or no change at all in how powerful he is if, instead of having precognition, he was simply able to notice everything around him?

Mind you, he wouldn't be like Encyclopedia Brown who notices only the important things, and he would not have the deductive reasoning skills of Sherlock Holmes. In fact, there's a good chance he wouldn't even know WHY he knows certain things, like whether everyone is in class or not, or that you are actually a gold dragon. But he wouldn't know WHY he knows that. Just that he does know it.

:/ Or maybe something else...now that I have him down as being in divination, I really want to make him be able to do something unique with that.

Best place to start is in Trog's Tavern. Just have him wander in for a drink.

Exactly what this person says. Trog's is the standard place for a character to start.

Zefir
2010-10-05, 08:36 AM
Thanks I just pop in Trog's Tavern^^.

The Bushranger
2010-10-05, 08:50 AM

Jamie wants to learn!

She has to get out of the principal's office first though. <_< :smalltongue:

FireFox
2010-10-05, 09:00 AM
I actually did notice that. ;p Hence why I quickly added a few other areas of expertise like language to give him something to do besides "another English teacher."

Incidentally, would it be more, less, or no change at all in how powerful he is if, instead of having precognition, he was simply able to notice everything around him?

Mind you, he wouldn't be like Encyclopedia Brown who notices only the important things, and he would not have the deductive reasoning skills of Sherlock Holmes. In fact, there's a good chance he wouldn't even know WHY he knows certain things, like whether everyone is in class or not, or that you are actually a gold dragon. But he wouldn't know WHY he knows that. Just that he does know it.

:/ Or maybe something else...now that I have him down as being in divination, I really want to make him be able to do something unique with that.

The thing about this is that OoC Knowledge is a good way to raise the hackles of anyone here. Personally, so long as that is his specific power, I'd be fine with it, but others may take some exception. I have two ideas for you: When RPing, make sure you ask the other players for permission before you just have him stating things. Let them determine just how much they want said out loud. Some will prefer to keep their characters' secrets invisible to your diviner, but others will respond more amiably. The other suggestion is to give your character the flaw of self-doubt. A sort of Self-Cassandra Syndrome, as it were. Because he doesn't know WHY he knows what he knows, he may be more likely to disbelieve it.

For example: Jim Davidson's intuition/precognition/subconscious tells him that Aurea is a Gold Dragon. But he doesn't believe that because, really, she looks like a harmless young lady and there is no rational explanation why she should be anything but that, so this clearly must be his overactive imagination running away again.

*Shrugs* I hope this gives you a starting place, at least.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 09:16 AM
I do fully intend to ask people before revealing the biographies of their characters. And I think self-doubt would be a great flaw to have him take, since it fits rather neatly into his current personality.

Thanks FF. :smallwink: I think pretty soon I'll have him as a working character.

FireFox
2010-10-05, 09:18 AM
You're welcome.

I feel like the Carl von Clausewitz of FFRP though. I've got the theory down pat and can teach others, but I don't have the chance to practice any of it myself. :smallsigh::smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-10-05, 10:49 AM
Do wish you could play more, because you really seem to know what you're doing. :smallwink:

Also, I've been soul-searching, and I thought of something that might be a solution to my problem.

Maybe I could make him normal.

I mean, it worked for Xander, it could work for him. With the way the Nexus works, he could run into any number of self-altering things that change who he is, but it might be just a little interesting to play someone who, despite being a part of the Nexus, has never had any military training, never had any special powers, and whose only real unique talent is an affinity for languages.

This...could have just as much potential.

VampireRot
2010-10-05, 02:23 PM
Hey people,

I already made an char but I dont now what to do now. Can somebody help me ?

Welcome to that NEXUS Zefir! Hope you can have some fun here. :smallbiggrin:

Also: That avatar is outrageous. Truly, truly outrageous. :smalltongue:

Snares
2010-10-05, 03:34 PM
Deadtiming my characters, but posting this first to gauge reaction.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/403f769.png

TEACHER
Name: Jim Davidson
Other Expertise: Divination, Graphic Arts
Important Information: Will do his absolute best not to predict things before they happen. Be careful of that low-hanging tree branch.
Signature:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/signature.png

If you're a Britlander like me, you'll know that Jim Davidson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Davidson_(comedian)#Controversies) is a bit of an unfortunate name... he's not very well liked in Britain.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 05:02 PM
I am not, in fact. :smallfrown: That's unfortunate, since I was trying to base it partially off my own name. But I guess I can change it a little if it has bad connotations.

I'll just call him Matt instead. And I think I'll put him in the Pack too, even though I'm still not sure if he has any sort of divine sight yet.

Maybe I can get away with playing it by ear...

horngeek
2010-10-05, 05:17 PM
What's the Pack?

Trobby
2010-10-05, 05:23 PM
Er...sorry, I meant the PACK. o.o; *coughs* <.<; Darn you, acronyms! :smalltongue:

FireFox
2010-10-05, 06:15 PM
Wenomir needs to tell the rest of WATCHTOWER that Toby and Reinholdt are working together to stop Ebon. >_>

And Ilyenna needs to finish that spell for Toby, so he has a chance at not being immediately slaughtered by the Exalted. :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2010-10-05, 07:13 PM
Totally forgot about that. I'll do that for you, shall I? :smalltongue: *on it*

EDIT: Gotcha covered, good sir. :smallsmile: *points to WATCHTOWER*

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-05, 09:08 PM
Hey, um, may I request somebody in PACK to pick up with my intro post for Zel? Maybe play an NPC tour guide or something, what ever you want.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 09:17 PM
Ah...I would offer something along those lines, but I'm new too. ^^;

Somebody go help out though! We don't want the poor students to be all alone when there are villains running about!

...Not that we'd know about that at all.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-05, 09:32 PM
You know, it might be good for Kris and Krystal to meet. Sounds like might have a kind of similar past.

If you didn't know, Krystal is a mutant. Yes, the Marvel kind.

And I'll be back in a few minutes.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-05, 09:34 PM
You know, it might be good for Kris and Krystal to meet. Sounds like might have a kind of similar past.

By the way...what happened to Talia? I mean, I'm not sure what the status of the adventuring party is but...

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-05, 09:46 PM
Oh yeah!

The side effect of having a bunch of characters. Some get neglected.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-05, 09:48 PM
Oh yeah!

The side effect of having a bunch of characters. Some get neglected.

Ah, gotcha. :smallsmile:

Trobby
2010-10-05, 09:48 PM

You are sooo going to have to be more specific. ;p I mean, I don't THINK you mean my Kris, or do you? o.o

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-05, 09:51 PM
You are sooo going to have to be more specific. ;p I mean, I don't THINK you mean my Kris, or do you? o.o

Oh, yeah, sorry bout that. Long day.

Anywho, yeah, your Kris. Just reading through what she's telling Rose, and I kinda figure it might be interesting for her to know Krystal. Fellow outcasts and all that. Well, past outcasts, anyways.

Beans
2010-10-05, 09:53 PM
I've had a greater singing tendency today than I do normally.

First it was Beast and the Harlot in religion class, then it was What's This? from Nightmare Before Christmas, and now... A WHOLE NEWW WORRRRRRRRRRLLLLD.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 09:59 PM
Oh, yeah, sorry bout that. Long day.

Anywho, yeah, your Kris. Just reading through what she's telling Rose, and I kinda figure it might be interesting for her to know Krystal. Fellow outcasts and all that. Well, past outcasts, anyways.

Oooh...that would be interesting. Heh...though Kris isn't so much down and out on her outcast nature. Just around the humans from her old world who were racially insensitive. She's gotten better about it.

Still, she DOES love meeting new people.

I've had a greater singing tendency today than I do normally.

First it was Beast and the Harlot in religion class, then it was What's This? from Nightmare Before Christmas, and now... A WHOLE NEWW WORRRRRRRRRRLLLLD.

Clearly, you need a song without any lyrics. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oidm5Zfw_SA)

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-05, 10:01 PM
Oooh...that would be interesting. Heh...though Kris isn't so much down and out on her outcast nature. Just around the humans from her old world who were racially insensitive. She's gotten better about it.

Still, she DOES love meeting new people.

Clearly, you need a song without any lyrics. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oidm5Zfw_SA)

Well, Krystal isn't either. But, still nice to know that somebody else knows your troubles.

And I was so hoping that link would be for YYZ.

happyturtle
2010-10-05, 10:07 PM
"Er...could you try to keep the monochrome down just a little more? I think some people might get nervous if their colors get stolen."

Tobias isn't SURE if there are any chromatically powered beings in the Nexus, but then again, he wasn't sure there would be a talking blob creature. So there you go.

There's one at least. Her name is Charity, and she's around somewhere. But not being undeadtimed tonight.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 10:09 PM
There's one at least. Her name is Charity, and she's around somewhere. But not being undeadtimed tonight.

See? Tobias is just being careful not to offend anyone. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-10-05, 10:11 PM
How/why does Tavlii dispel color anyway?

Recaiden
2010-10-05, 10:28 PM
Why? It's a mild curse buried somewhere in Atorre's backstory.

How? :smalleek:

A wizard did it! With psychic powers. Actually, she offended, in a purely non-color related fashion, the beings who oversee color.
Um...a field that holds in decomposition to the entire visible and near-ultraviolet spectrum all electromagnetic waves within that spectrum.
The strength of the field is inversely proportional to the distance from the nearest living part of her.
Psionic in nature.
So lines of sight passing around her will contain less color. Anything that is, or that is seen by something that is, psi-proof will have full color.

horngeek
2010-10-05, 10:30 PM
In other words, a Wizard Did It.

Can't you just say the Gods of Color don't like her? :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-10-05, 10:32 PM
I have absolutely no idea what would happen if Charity stumbled across her. Though it isn't completely an opposite clash thing, since Charity's is an active control of color, not a passive creation of it.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 10:34 PM
I imagine she'd have a very difficult time controlling what is not there, is all.

ApeofLight
2010-10-05, 10:37 PM
Iames *cough* GLoG *cough* post there *cough* *cough* *hint hint* *cough*

Recaiden
2010-10-05, 10:37 PM
Probably, Charity could force some color into the field, and/or use the little bit around the edges, her powers over color made more difficult/reduced, but not gone.

Beans
2010-10-05, 10:39 PM
Iames *cough* GLoG *cough* post there *cough* *cough* *hint hint* *cough*

http://ludens.com/sites/default/files/images/ludens_home.jpg
Back, foul cough! Rid his throat of your presence!

happyturtle
2010-10-05, 10:41 PM
I imagine Charity would be unable to make Tavlii colorful, and Tavlii would be unable to make Charity monochrome, but what if Charity was spraying color in Tavlii's sphere of influence?

Probably will never come up. I don't know when Charity's next round as an active PC will be.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-05, 10:43 PM
Probably will never come up. I don't know when Charity's next round as an active PC will be.

Should we start placing bets?

Trobby
2010-10-05, 10:44 PM
**Reads about the happenings in Watchtower*

...:eek:

Oh my goodness...

Moff Chumley
2010-10-05, 10:54 PM
I'll take my light-hearted and fun roleplaying any day of the week. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-10-05, 10:57 PM
One reason among many that Reinholdt is known as the Dangerously Insane...

Trobby
2010-10-05, 11:02 PM
I'll take my light-hearted and fun roleplaying any day of the week. :smalltongue:

Me too...I just...my goodness I should keep my characters away from Reinholdt.

Well...THE Reinholdt. I still insist on playing at least one character who interacts with one of his characters.

One reason among many that Reinholdt is known as the Dangerously Insane...

Indeed...I shall never underestimate him again.

((Also, Deadtiming all my characters shortly.))

Zefir
2010-10-06, 01:18 AM
Welcome to that NEXUS Zefir! Hope you can have some fun here. :smallbiggrin:

Also: That avatar is outrageous. Truly, truly outrageous. :smalltongue:

Thank you.

With outrageous you mean incedibly, just to care of missunderstanding :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Trogs bar exist twice the same time does that mean I could pop out where I want?
Futhermore I will need the libarian or is he an NPC?

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-06, 05:43 AM
I'm surprised Jeremy hasn't flipped out in KR's presence, myself. Though then again, I haven't exactly made her backstory instantly accessible to new players.

horngeek
2010-10-06, 05:48 AM
I'm surprised Jeremy hasn't flipped out in KR's presence, myself. Though then again, I haven't exactly made her backstory instantly accessible to new players.

Indeed.

...none of my characters have really nasty backstories-

"You're forgetting someone."

...your backstory is tragic. Not nasty.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 06:25 AM
He'd need to be around one of KR's victims to actually feel her crimes, rather than KR herself. And... well, there aren't many of them left, are there?

*pokes KK to GLoG*

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-06, 06:47 AM
Really? I seem to recall Jeremy/Vengeance threatening and evicting Gordon once, on the basis of 'I know what you've done' and assumed that it was due to contact with Gordon himself, and not one of Gordon's victims... :smallconfused:

True enough about the lack of survivors though. KR used to make Josef Mengele look like Mother Teresa by comparison... :smallyuk:

Trobby
2010-10-06, 09:42 AM
Thank you.

With outrageous you mean incedibly, just to care of missunderstanding :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Trogs bar exist twice the same time does that mean I could pop out where I want?
Futhermore I will need the libarian or is he an NPC?

Look around the Nexus for a library. I don't know if we actually have one already though, so you might have to ask one of the more veteran RPers if we do, or if there are any other repositories of knowledge available.

Indeed.

...none of my characters have really nasty backstories-

"You're forgetting someone."

...your backstory is tragic. Not nasty.

"Right, there's a distinct difference between the two. Also, you have me to cheer you up now, so you'd better not get all mopey just because you had a tragic past. K?"

It's as if they were drawn to each other by some sort of mystic force...or by the fact that they speak in the same color. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-10-06, 09:42 AM
Me too...I just...my goodness I should keep my characters away from Reinholdt.

Well...THE Reinholdt. I still insist on playing at least one character who interacts with one of his characters.

Indeed...I shall never underestimate him again.

((Also, Deadtiming all my characters shortly.))
Awww... Poor ReinholdtC
Don't listen to their slander!

Morty
2010-10-06, 09:45 AM
Wenomir needs to tell the rest of WATCHTOWER that Toby and Reinholdt are working together to stop Ebon. >_>

He told KR, I think, but apart from that, there was no opportunity. Conflicting deadtime schedules are a pain. >.>

Also:

Slavic
Which Slavic? There are a few, you know. :smalltongue:

Zefir
2010-10-06, 09:47 AM
Eternal Library - Across from Trog's (player-Eternal Drifter)
I found it Inside but I thik I need the libarian to handle the things i want to do or?

Morty
2010-10-06, 10:01 AM
I think the librarian of the Eternal Library is deadtimed for an extended period. At least I haven't seen his player in a long while.

Trobby
2010-10-06, 10:12 AM
Awww... Poor ReinholdtC
Don't listen to their slander!

;p Well to be fair, none of MY characters ever met Reinholdt.

But the thing is, after reading that spoiler, I personally as a player cannot look at him the same way. :smalleek:

Which Slavic? There are a few, you know. :smalltongue:

I knew SOMEone would catch that. :smalltongue: I was mostly trying to assure people that he spoke quite a lot of languages, some of which would seem entirely unnecessary until you consider the nature of The Nexus. He's a native, you know. ;p

Also, to answer your question: Yes.

horngeek
2010-10-06, 10:17 AM
Calubufiok was far, far worse. :smalleek:

Reinholdt
2010-10-06, 10:18 AM
;p Well to be fair, none of MY characters ever met Reinholdt.

But the thing is, after reading that spoiler, I personally as a player cannot look at him the same way. :smalleek:

What few people remember or bother to bring up is that he was being all corrupted by an ancient force by the name of Astir that took advantage of his weakened mental state after having to shoot his own son.
So you're not confused, that's Reinholdt Prime, the Reinholdt who's not around.

Reinholdt Clone/Current didn't actually play any part in the Apocacon and like most Reinholdts are actually very much against the act and loathe the idea they even thought of it.

Like I said, read the whole Digest. It's all there.

^ Oh. Well... sorta. Each and every Reinholdt believes they're doing the best for everyone's sake and is helping out.
Calublufiok was just out for himself.
Depends on what you fear the most.

Snares
2010-10-06, 10:32 AM

OH MY GOD, IT'S THE TOP GEAR THEME TUNE! But... country?!

You should stop posting unintentionally British things. :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-10-06, 10:49 AM
Calubufiok was far, far worse. :smalleek:

What few people remember or bother to bring up is that he was being all corrupted by an ancient force by the name of Astir that took advantage of his weakened mental state after having to shoot his own son.

Reinholdt Clone/Current didn't actually play any part in the Apocacon and like most Reinholdts are actually very much against the act and loathe the idea they even thought of it.

Like I said, read the whole Digest. It's all there.

^ Oh. Well... sorta. Each and every Reinholdt believes they're doing the best for everyone's sake and is helping out.
Calublufiok was just out for himself.
Depends on what you fear the most.

To be fair, none of my characters have even HEARD of Reinholdt yet. And I swear I'll get around to reading the digest one of these days.

Right now I'm busy trying to keep my characters moving forward so that they don't get left behind. :smalltongue: Darn you guys move fast.

OH MY GOD, IT'S THE TOP GEAR THEME TUNE! But... country?!

You should stop posting unintentionally British things. :smalltongue:

First: The Allman Brothers are not British.
Second: I was already aware that "Jessica" was the Top Gears theme song. That is why it is so stuck in my head, you see.
Third: Therefore, that one was entirely intentional. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-10-06, 10:53 AM
To be fair, none of my characters have even HEARD of Reinholdt yet. And I swear I'll get around to reading the digest one of these days.

Right now I'm busy trying to keep my characters moving forward so that they don't get left behind. :smalltongue: Darn you guys move fast.

Good. Then they won't be ready for...
Err...
I mean to say that you can extended deadtime with some of your characters. You don't HAVE to RP all of them at once and you'll quickly burn out on them if you do. I usually only RP one or two of them at a time if I can help it.

Snares
2010-10-06, 10:56 AM
First: The Allman Brothers are not British.
Second: I was already aware that "Jessica" was the Top Gears theme song. That is why it is so stuck in my head, you see.
Third: Therefore, that one was entirely intentional. :smalltongue:

I know the Allman Brothers are American, it's just Top Gear that was the British aspect of it. And fair enough. I didn't realise that their theme song was an Allman Brothers song though - I'd always thought it was an original composition or something.

Trobby
2010-10-06, 11:03 AM
@^: To be fair, I only recently realized it. I was like "Hey, haven't I heard that song before?", and then I looked it up and was like "Oh hey, I did! And it's a really good song too. Long, and highly instrumental...I think I've found me a new song to listen to. :smallcool:"

Good. Then they won't be ready for...
Err...
I mean to say that you can extended deadtime with some of your characters. You don't HAVE to RP all of them at once and you'll quickly burn out on them if you do. I usually only RP one or two of them at a time if I can help it.

:smallconfused: But...I LOVE to role-play characters. :smalltongue:

But I think you're right...and to be fair I have basically DTed on Katie until a Plot appears to pick her up. Or rather, until something interesting happens with NO.

But I'll keep it in mind, in case I need to take a break.

*Rubs hands together*

And I surely hope that Reinholdt surprises them. I do like surprises. :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2010-10-06, 11:04 AM
*Rubs hands together*

And I surely hope that Reinholdt surprises them. I do like surprises. :smallbiggrin:

Probably not. If they talk to him, he'll likely just dribble angst on them until they go away. :smalltongue:

Presuming he even escapes the current encounter alive! One never knows!

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 11:05 AM
Raz'll take her for dinner or something as soon as this dagger trade is finished

Trobby
2010-10-06, 11:08 AM
Probably not. If they talk to him, he'll likely just dribble angst on them until they go away. :smalltongue:

Presuming he even escapes the current encounter alive! One never knows!

Note to self: Do not have Kris meet Reinholdt.

Raz'll take her for dinner or something as soon as this dagger trade is finished

Take your time. :smallwink: I can basically keep Katie in the forge all day long and she'll be happy as a clam.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 11:13 AM
Are clams especially happy?

Trobby
2010-10-06, 11:20 AM
Usually. As long as they avoid walruses and carpenters.

Or was that oysters? :smallconfused:

But yes, she's perfectly happy.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 11:28 AM
Really? I seem to recall Jeremy/Vengeance threatening and evicting Gordon once, on the basis of 'I know what you've done' and assumed that it was due to contact with Gordon himself, and not one of Gordon's victims... :smallconfused:

True enough about the lack of survivors though. KR used to make Josef Mengele look like Mother Teresa by comparison... :smallyuk:

I could be mistaken in my interpretation of the character. I'll poke Wolfy here to clear it up when he logs on.

The main PC victim of the Apocacon, Sunny, only knows of Astir's existence from the records of Reinholdt's announcing he was taking over the Nexus in Astir's name. Neither she nor Charity have any idea of Astir's mind corrupting mojo. But corrupted or not, he was still acting out a plan of his own design, of his own free will. Astir didn't ask for or even want what he did.

Reinholdt
2010-10-06, 11:34 AM
The main PC victim of the Apocacon, Sunny, only knows of Astir's existence from the records of Reinholdt's announcing he was taking over the Nexus in Astir's name. Neither she nor Charity have any idea of Astir's mind corrupting mojo. But corrupted or not, he was still acting out a plan of his own design, of his own free will. Astir didn't ask for or even want what he did.

Never said those two knew. Was merely explaining to Intro the whole story since the Digest isn't being read.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 11:36 AM
Okay.

Also, Zefir, since Eternal Drifter hasn't been in ffrp for a while, you can probably just do a cut scene of him finding, or not finding, the information he's looking for at the library.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 11:37 AM
Reinholdt's digest is an epic number of pages long by this point :smalltongue:

I should probably do one for Raz to save mistakes later ...

Reinholdt
2010-10-06, 11:39 AM
Reinholdt's digest is an epic number of pages long by this point :smalltongue:

I should probably do one for Raz to save mistakes later ...

It's immensely useful for remembering details of plots past though.

Also for getting a good time estimate of when things happen so you can dig through and find the thread you need by comparing time stamps.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 11:44 AM
Everyone should use the Digest thread. *pokes everyone to it*

Trobby
2010-10-06, 11:51 AM
I HAVE used the digest thread. ;p I just...only have gotten as far as a few pages into backstory. ;w; K?

Reinholdt
2010-10-06, 11:54 AM
I HAVE used the digest thread. ;p I just...only have gotten as far as a few pages into backstory. ;w; K?

No! NOT OK! BOW BEFORE THE DIGEST HEATHEN!! :furious:
*whips*

Or... you know. Take your time. :smalltongue:
Betcha you haven't seen my backstory link in my sig either, huh?

Also, you know I's good cause of my picture! I dyed my fur a bit first.
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/b4b8b3cb-0832-48c4-9dad-772d3cd9d97b.jpg

Trobby
2010-10-06, 12:31 PM
No! NOT OK! BOW BEFORE THE DIGEST HEATHEN!! :furious:
*whips*

Or... you know. Take your time. :smalltongue:
Betcha you haven't seen my backstory link in my sig either, huh?

Also, you know I's good cause of my picture! I dyed my fur a bit first.
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/b4b8b3cb-0832-48c4-9dad-772d3cd9d97b.jpg

I am deeply suspicious of you now.

But also desire cuddles.

;w; Why must you be so cute, Reiny?

Oh wait...

*GLOMP*

That's right. =3 I'm affectionate towards you. ;3 *lick*

((Ahh, and you thought I'd forgotten about me shipping myself with you, hadn't you?))

Zefir
2010-10-06, 12:37 PM
Okay.

Also, Zefir, since Eternal Drifter hasn't been in ffrp for a while, you can probably just do a cut scene of him finding, or not finding, the information he's looking for at the library.

Thank you but its hard to say if I find it there without knowing what the libary keeps. Is there another place that may help my research?

Andy search for information about airship engines.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 12:43 PM
The other option is to PM Eternal Drifter and ask if he wants to post. I know he's still on the forums, because he's in my werewolf game.

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 01:51 PM
A question for the Moff and stuff.

When is the NEXUSSTOCK going to start? Once a suitable magic-engineer to get everything set up is hired/kidnapped, or just whenever?

Reinholdt
2010-10-06, 02:04 PM
I am deeply suspicious of you now.

But also desire cuddles.

;w; Why must you be so cute, Reiny?

Oh wait...

*GLOMP*

That's right. =3 I'm affectionate towards you. ;3 *lick*

((Ahh, and you thought I'd forgotten about me shipping myself with you, hadn't you?))
Gah! Get off me!
*flails*
Where's a spork when you need one?

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-06, 02:26 PM
Gah! Get off me!
*flails*
Where's a spork when you need one?

*sneakysneakyshuffle*

*hands Reinholdt a spork*

*sneakysneakyshuffleback*

Trobby
2010-10-06, 02:33 PM
*sneakysneakyshuffle*

*hands Reinholdt a spork*

*sneakysneakyshuffleback*

*Grabs*

=3 DOUBLE SNUGGLE! *Hugs both at once, leaving no arms free for resistance* >:3

Earl of Purple
2010-10-06, 02:49 PM
There's the Bronze Pyramid located Outside. I should probably get some of those dungeons of mine a location on the first post at some point. Not that the Bronze Pyramid or Dalachrech's Hermitage are dungeons, although somebody nearly turned the Pyramid into one.

Your character isn't scared of myriapods or other invertebrates, is he?

Reinholdt
2010-10-06, 02:56 PM
*Grabs*

=3 DOUBLE SNUGGLE! *Hugs both at once, leaving no arms free for resistance* >:3
*uses tail to stab with spork in eyes*

^ I know I am. :smalleek:

Moofin Bard
2010-10-06, 02:58 PM
*pops in unannounced*

Yeah I'm back. It's whatever.
No, I haven't legit been here since May.
But I still love you all?

Earl of Purple
2010-10-06, 03:07 PM
Welcome back, Moofin.

@ Interobulous:

TEACHER
Name: Matt Davidson
Other Expertise: Graphic Arts
Important Information: Has been diagnosed with functioning autism.
Signature:
Matt Davidson

I believe you are looking for the term 'higher functioning autism', unless there's a new type of autism I'm unaware of. Alternately, you could use Asperger's syndrome, which isn't the same but very similar. Be careful when portraying it though; at least two regular players are Asperger's.

Trobby
2010-10-06, 03:17 PM
*uses tail to stab with spork in eyes*

^ I know I am. :smalleek:

GAH! MY EYE! D= Owie...

Welcome back, Moofin.

@ Interobulous:

I believe you are looking for the term 'higher functioning autism', unless there's a new type of autism I'm unaware of. Alternately, you could use Asperger's syndrome, which isn't the same but very similar. Be careful when portraying it though; at least two regular players are Asperger's.

Yes, that IS what I meant and I am very embarrassed to have made that mistake. <.<; And don't worry. It doesn't really show very much. And it's actually meant to be a mis-diagnosis for his actual condition - being an unaware psychic.

Though...if anyone here who DOES have autism finds offense in that, please let me know and I will change his application to be more PC.

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 03:17 PM
*pops in unannounced*

Yeah I'm back. It's whatever.
No, I haven't legit been here since May.
But I still love you all?
Mhm. We love you too?

Welcome back, Moofin.

@ Interobulous:

Isn't it just 'high-functioning'? And 'Introbulus'? :smalltongue:

Also, Intro specified 'diagnosed', at which point my mind jumped to thinking that he was misdiagnosed and the only thing 'wrong' with him is not knowing about his power of knowing things.

And here I am being ninjad by mere seconds. At least I was right.

Trobby
2010-10-06, 03:20 PM
Yes, you were. I'm actually impressed, and kind of happy that I was able to portray that through text alone. :smallsmile:

Earl of Purple
2010-10-06, 03:24 PM
Sorry I misspelt your name, Introbulus. And it might be high-functioning not higher functioning; I haven't looked at the wikipedia page recently.

As one of the two Asperger's people I mentioned, I don't find the misdiagnosis offensive.

Trobby
2010-10-06, 03:31 PM
As one of the others, I think we should increase the count to three. :smallwink:

It's okay though, I didn't actually have any problem with how you spelt it. It's not like it's an actual word after all.

I'm pretty sure it is "high-functioning", though "higher-functioning" might also be acceptable. Dunno for sure. It is listed as "high-functioning", but seeing how I understood what you said anyway, I don't think it makes that much difference.

Thanks for the correction though. I'd prefer to be corrected than to keep being wrong. :smallsmile:

Morty
2010-10-06, 03:42 PM
*pokes threads*
I feel like playing, but I don't know who or where... Wenomir and Dipsnig are trapped within the deadtimes of the people they're talking to or want to talk to.

Reinholdt
2010-10-06, 03:43 PM
*pokes threads*
I feel like playing, but I don't know who or where... Wenomir and Dipsnig are trapped within the deadtimes of the people they're talking to or want to talk to.

Michalson. AMEN.

Morty
2010-10-06, 03:45 PM
<.<
I thought about putting him there, but I'm not sure if he'd fit well... if only because he'd immediately set out to murder Rot.

Reinholdt
2010-10-06, 03:46 PM
<.<
I thought about putting him there, but I'm not sure if he'd fit well... if only because he'd immediately set out to murder Rot.

And that's different from everyone else there... how? :smalltongue:

Morty
2010-10-06, 03:50 PM
Good point. I guess I'll think about it some more, then. He still doesn't mesh well with AMEN's plans for global conquest.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 03:50 PM
He'd be all Srs Bsnz about it and wouldn't stop just because Gordon told him to.

Also, NexusStock (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170560) thread for those interested.

Trobby
2010-10-06, 03:55 PM
I am totally interested, but I have NO idea how any of my characters could fit in. o.o;

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 03:56 PM
Then just wait for the actual concert and show up as concert goers.

Morty
2010-10-06, 03:58 PM
As I said, I had an idea that Wenomir would become a metal guitarist... but he doesn't really have any way of getting there either and has more important stuff on his mind.

Snares
2010-10-06, 03:58 PM
AMEN seems like a fun place, I plan to have a character in there at some point. I do have an evil character lined up, but I can't introduce them for a while, and besides, I'm not sure if they'd want to share global conquest with anyone but themselves... :smalltongue:

Also, small inquiry - can I conveniently have a few RL bands suddenly land in the Nexus to play NexusStock? >.>

iElf
2010-10-06, 04:03 PM
hmm....this nexusstock thing looks interesting...maybe I should have a living and non depressed version of Din turn up there...or bring a one shot character out of perma deadtime again

The Bushranger
2010-10-06, 04:17 PM
Welcome back Moofin!

Eternal Drifter
2010-10-06, 04:30 PM
Drifter's back... for now...

I really ought to have the Eternal Library's description updated, with a notice of if wishing to contact Drifter to PM me to get my attention.

...Any luck with the destroyer of those books of his? I stopped paying attention...

Morty
2010-10-06, 04:35 PM
Hm. BR? Could you have Shawna meet Wenomir in WATCHTOWER so he can tell her about Ebon Mirror, Tobias and Reinholdt all quick-like so she can then tell the others? I don't have much time and I'd like to get this done...

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 04:35 PM
No, Kael seems to have vanished into deadtimicus again. :smallfrown:

The Bushranger
2010-10-06, 04:36 PM
Consider it done!