PDA

View Full Version : First time PbP (IC)

RebelRogue
2010-10-03, 09:41 PM
Your group of adventuring friends has been on a few minor quests together, but you have yet to face anything truly dangerous or exciting. Your current quest certainly seems a little dull too: running errands for a librarian is hardly the stuff of epic legends. But the aged dwarf was looking for someone to deliver a message to a friend of his, and since the pay was good - 100 gp for a simple delivery! - you accepted. Sealed in a scrollcase, you are to bring the message to a wizard known by the name of Grayfinch from the port city of Silverhex. That was yesterday. The trip to Silverhex should take about three days total, so you expect to be there by tomorrow. The well-travelled road leading there is mostly through woodlands.

Dusk is approaching fast, but luckily, there's an inn by the forest road in the middle of the woods. No doubt, with this location, the owners make a pretty penny from travellers like yourself. As you get nearer, you see a sign on the side of the building, showing a prancing horse above the name "The Hungry Stallion Inn". From inside you sense the sound of clinking mugs and the smell of roasting meats.

Rahas
2010-10-03, 10:00 PM
Veit Torunn

"Maybe here I can manage to grab a decent drink, so far this journey has been the same as all the others only with a grand increase in pay for us afterwards."Veit said out loud while doing his best to keep a watchful eye on his comrades, some of them looked quite eccentric and unable to stand up to a brawl if one broke out.

hardRAWKR
2010-10-03, 10:36 PM
Samihl Pithgale

Samihl is walking towards the end of the group. He has a dull expression on his face. Berra, his owl companion, is out of sight, but Samihl is aware of her presence in the trees to their left.

"Hopefully the extra money means this will be more exciting than or previous adventures. I'm getting tired of running errands."

Samihl looks around, examining the woodlands surrounding them.

I'm making a knowledge (nature) check. Do you roll that or me?
If I roll it: [roll0]

Garwain
2010-10-04, 03:52 AM
Iwyn Miostade

Iwyn is lightly packed and in a good mood. With another (dull) day almost over, Iwyn wouldn't mind a cheerfull evening with his comrades. And by the look of it, The Hungry Stallion is the perfect place.

Hey guys, let's stop by the inn to get a decent meal. Dusk is falling, and I'd like some of that .... mmm what do I smell.... roast?

cd4
2010-10-06, 04:25 PM
William the Gonnangle

William is calmly walking along second in the line, he is watching and listening to those around without seeming to.

Sounds like a good idea. I think we might have to watch what we say in there though. If we mention that we were hungry enough to eat a horse they might take that as our order. He Grins.:smallbiggrin:

Garwain
2010-10-11, 02:43 AM
Iwyn Myostade

Drawn by the nice smells and outburst of laughter, Iwyn and his friends find themselves standing at the front door of 'The Hungry Stallion'. 2 more days of travel to go until they arrive in Silverhex, and if every stopping place will be an inn of some sorts, the reward won't be worth the trip.

Before entering Iwyn just speaks up: 'So that's agreed that if there are sufficient rooms available, each one gets his own, right?' When saying these words, his eyes rest on Veit for a moment. The prospect of sharing a room with that woodland strider does not appeal to him.

Spot check for interior
[roll0]

RebelRogue
2010-10-11, 08:36 AM
You enter the inn. As you walk in, the bartender, a middleaged elf, looks up, leaves the bar and approaches you. Welcome to the Hungry Stallion. What can I do for you? A place to sleep and something to eat?, he suggests as he points at a nice buffet with meat and plenty of fresh looking bread, salads and grilled vegetables. In the kitchen visible through the door behind the counter, you see another elf in an apron cutting more meat from a boar roasting over a fire, no doubt the source of the delicious odors. In fact, all of the staff seems to be elves. Do you have any steeds that need to be taken care of?, he inquires.

The inn looks rather well visited and is pretty clean and tidy. About thirty or so travellers are here, mostly humans. Some are eating, some drinking and yet others playing dice in the corner.

If you want to orient yourself in the inn, you can make appropriate rolls. Unless you're doing some diligent searching, spot checks and possibly sense motive checks are probably the most relevant here. If you want to find someone specific, gather information may be appropriate.

Garwain: you notice nothing other than this looking like a nice place to spend an evening.

Garwain
2010-10-11, 09:15 AM
Iwyn likes seeing some elvan faces around. It makes him think of home. His father and mother, his old town neighbours. On the other hand it is an exciting view, seeing al sorts of adventurers packed togheter. With enough beer or wine, there will be a lot of stories to be heard.

No thanks, I don't have a mount. We would like to rent 4 rooms for the night, and a nice warm meal for dinner.

Looking at all the other travellers, it might not be a bad idea to inquire about the roads ahead.

Who else than the bartender is the gatherer of information?
Please tell me, is there anything particular we should be aware of while traveling further to Silverhex? Did you hear of any perrils that were encountered by travellers?

Gather Information check
[roll0]
Don't blame me for low rolls, I'm not the part face...

RebelRogue
2010-10-11, 09:36 AM
The bartender smiles at you as you order the four rooms. The single rooms are 4 gp a night for each, including two meals and beverages. All payment is done at check-in, he tells you. It is not particularly cheap, but that's what you get for being the only available inn along this stretch of the road. At least, it looks like the quality is high. As for the dangers of the road, he shakes his head. No sir, I haven't heard about any dangers ahead. Travelling to Silverhex should be perfectly safe.

cd4
2010-10-11, 11:35 AM
Well Sir, I've been to some of the finest inns in the land and I have never had to pay more than 2gp a night, perhaps you could reduce the cost?

Persuade roll
Using Diplomacy because of the gaming idea on here about how diplomacy should work [roll0] If you prefer another skill then Bluff has the same modifier and Intimidate only has a +2

Also are you sure that there have been no signs of bandits or unnatural creatures around?

Gather Information Current Affairs
[roll1]

Also I am looking into the history of the area as I am a history buff. Any interesting stories around this area?

Gather Information history
Gather Information [roll2]
Knowledge History [roll3]
Bardic Lore [roll4]

hardRAWKR
2010-10-11, 04:26 PM
This post is assuming that I walked in at the end of the party at the same time as everyone else, and covers all of the time between then and now.

As he walks in the door, Samihl examines the room. When the door closes behind Samihl, Berra emerges from the trees and perches herself on the roof of the inn.
Spot: 1d20+6
He then situations himself to the side of the party, observing the bartender carefully.
Sense Motive: 1d20+2

hardRAWKR
2010-10-11, 04:27 PM
Augh, screwed up my rolls.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Rahas
2010-10-11, 05:05 PM
"4 gold seems to be a bit high, but you do seem to have a good quality place here. But I must ask,what is the quality of your drinks?Veit calmly asked the bartender hoping that the drink quality would be enough to persuade him that this inn is worth the price tag.

RebelRogue
2010-10-12, 04:28 AM
William makes a good case for him, regarding the price tag of the stay. You mest remember, that the price includes our luxurius menu and beverages. Well..., he hestitates. I'll make that 3 gp for each of you, he whispers, making sure none of the other patrons hears it. But please keep your drinking reasonable then, or you'll ruin me!, he says half joking. Speaking of drinks, he continues, adressing Veit, They're all locally produced, from our wine to our spicy ales made from the local flora of the forest - old elven recipe. Not as strong as your kin usually make it, but I think you'll like it none-the-less. Also, we have freshly pressed fruit juice and of course crystal clear spring water for those who prefer non-alcoholic beverages.

William:
History: You know, that the elves of the area have been running the Hungry Stallion for over a hundred years now. Some say that they've become greedy over the years as the hefty price tag indeed indicates. It's a quiet area usually, but occasionally footpads and rogues roam the roads as they do most places. Once in a blue, some of them even manage to steal a bit of gold from the customers of the inn while they're there. Other checks: Unfortunately, you haven't really heard any recent stories of what is happening around here.

hardRAWKR:
Spot and sense motive: As you enter, the elves certainly watch you, but since you more or less look like rich adventurer types, you see nothing particularly odious about that. A few of the patrons seems to keep an eye on you too, particularly two of the shadier looking dice players.

hardRAWKR
2010-10-13, 01:03 AM
Samihl grabs 3 gp from his backpack and toys with them in his hand. He feels on edge with so many people around.
"If you're all done asking questions, then can we get our rooms and call it a night?"

Garwain
2010-10-13, 04:17 AM
3 gold pieces emerge from Iwyns purse. The buffet looks too inviting to wait any longer.

Here, one room for me please. And I accept only the finest Elvan recipes for that amount. I will not eat a copious meal, but at least I want to enjoy it.

With this done, Iwyn settles for a room and occupies an empty table with room for his 3 fellow adventurers.

Tomorrow is another day. Let's taste the fine Elvan wines before we call it a night and prepare ourselves for another dull day of travelling tomorrow.

cd4
2010-10-13, 03:08 PM
Sure thats a good price. Heres the money. Hand 3 gold over.

Also be careful while drinking and eating, occasionally thieves have stolen from inside the inn.

William sits down at the table.

Rahas
2010-10-13, 05:40 PM
Veit pulls out the 3gp and hands it over to the bartender."If you don't mind I'll try one of your spicy ales before getting dinner."

Once Veit's drink was served he grabbed it and joined Iwyn's open table."Well it seems tonight we have proper shelter, think Silverhex will have much for us after we finish this errand? Veit asked his traveling partners, hoping to have enjoy some conversation before going to sleep.

hardRAWKR
2010-10-13, 06:07 PM
Samihl places his money on the counter.
"Nothing interesting." he says in response to Veit.
He walks over to a mostly-empty part of the room, sits down at a table, and closes his eyes, relaxing his posture.

RebelRogue
2010-10-13, 07:00 PM
Veit gets his ale as promised. It is indeed good, if a little light - quality stuff for sure. As you all pay for your rooms, the bartender hands you individual, numbered keys. The rooms are upstairs, clearly numbered, he says as he points to the stairs. Feel free to unpack before eating, he continues, snapping his fingers. Two young elves from the staff beckons his call. Silaqua, Himo! Please help these gentlemen with their luggage. If you allow it, the elves help you carry your belongings to your rooms - all are adjacent.

hardRAWKR
2010-10-13, 09:42 PM
Samihl orders food, and has dinner. After he eats, Samihl heads up to his room. On the way up, he stops to talk to Veit.
"Keep your eyes on the scrollcase. I don't trust anyone here."
He glances over at the bartender.

Garwain
2010-10-14, 03:30 AM
Iwyn is happy that he doesn't need to guard the scrollcase.

Just yell if you need help during the night, we're all sleeping not far.

With his elvan sense he will be sleeping lightly. Nonetheless he removes his studded leather armor to get a good night rest. His combat abilities are limited in such tight corners anyway. His bow and quiver get a nice place within hand reach. Not much later Iwyn dozes off.

cd4
2010-10-15, 11:39 AM
William is listening through the night: [roll0]

At least it is positive.

Rahas
2010-10-15, 02:28 PM
Veit spends the night dreaming of a good thick dwarven stout, and the benefits of it over the elvan wine he just had.

Listen roll:
[roll0]

Garwain
2010-10-15, 03:53 PM
And surely, almso Iwyn is lending his best ears should any commotion start

listen check:
[roll0]

RebelRogue
2010-10-15, 04:27 PM
In the middle of the night, Samihl is awakened by a familiar sound: Oo-hoo! Oo-hoo! It is not uncommon for Berra to make sounds during the nighttime; in fact this is when she's usually the most active. Normally, Samihl sleeps through it. But this time, the owl is rather persistent. It seems to want to warn him of something!

hardRAWKR
2010-10-15, 05:38 PM
In case I need to make a listen roll, even though I'm already awake:
[roll0]
Subtract 10 if I'm supposed to be sleeping.
Also, I'm assuming my room has windows, but if it doesn't, then I go to wherever the nearest window is.

Samihl rubs his eyes and gets out of bed. He goes to the window, and Berra flies onto the windowsill.
"Go find." he tells Berra.

Handle Animal (seek):
[roll1]
Should be DC 10 for a trick the animal knows.

RebelRogue
2010-10-15, 05:49 PM
Instead of flying out the window, Berra flies towards the door of the room. Clearly, what she is trying to warn you about is not outside the building. Now that you listen carefully, you do seem to hear some kind of clicking noises from the corridor outside the room. It is followed by a cracking sound. All just barely possible for you to hear.

hardRAWKR
2010-10-15, 05:53 PM
Samihl draws his scimitar and carefully opens the door.

Move Silently:
[roll0]

RebelRogue
2010-10-15, 06:00 PM
As you grab your scimitar, you hear the sound of footsteps outside of the door. When you reach it and open it, no one is to be seen outside in the corridor.

Make a spot check.

hardRAWKR
2010-10-15, 06:09 PM
Can Berra do a spot check too, or is that out of my control?
My spot check: [roll0]

edit:
SERIOUSLY?? A NATURAL 1?
I really hope Berra gets one too.

hardRAWKR
2010-10-15, 08:58 PM
I guess that I would know where Veit's room is? If not, then Samihl is just guessing which one is his.

Samihl walks out into the hallway, goes over to the room he thinks is Veit's, and attempts to open the door.

(If it's locked):
Samihl knocks on the door, attempting to wake Veit, but trying not to alert anyone else.

RebelRogue
2010-10-15, 09:21 PM
Veit's room is right next to Samihl's. As he grabs the handle, he realizes that pressing it down makes some grinding noises. He looks down on the lock, and sees that it's been tinkered with, having some kind of thief tool jammed into it. The door opens with a slight thud as Samihl applies force to the handle. Inside is Veit, tight asleep snoring in his bed. His belongings are spread over the floor as if they've been ransacked by someone.

The thief tool was what the spot check was for - Berra wouldn't pay attention to such a contraption.

hardRAWKR
2010-10-15, 10:02 PM
Samihl searches the room, looking for the scrollcase.

Search check:
[roll0]
(By the way, Berra is still in Samihl's room.)

RebelRogue
2010-10-15, 10:05 PM
You find no scrollcase.

hardRAWKR
2010-10-15, 10:13 PM
Samihl runs from the room, making no attempt to be quiet, and scrambles down the stairs, making no attempt to be quiet.
"Berra, go find!" he yells as he runs.
Handle animal:
[roll0]

Rahas
2010-10-16, 02:11 AM
Upon hearing Samihl shout Veit wakes up to find his gear scattered all over the floor, quickly grabs his waraxe and his shield and proceeds to run towards the direction of the yell.

Garwain
2010-10-16, 02:24 AM
Iwyn hears a bit of commotion from the adjacent rooms.

Since it is the middle of the night with everything quite, I guess I can take 10 on a hearing check.

He pulls one eye open and hears Veit move around with his gear. He quickly jumps out of bed, and opens the door to see in the hallway what the fuss is all about.

spot check
[roll0]

cd4
2010-10-16, 06:09 AM
William wakes and is alert for any trouble, he grabs his spear and opens the door. He then looks out to see what is happening.

RebelRogue
2010-10-16, 09:24 AM
You both find Samihl going through Veit's now shattered inventory, with no sign of the scrollcase in sight.

Garwain
2010-10-16, 11:40 AM
Iwyn looks at Veit alarmed and in disbelief.

Veit, were you robbed? The scrollcase! Do you still have the scrollcase?

With that said, Iwyn tries to recall if he had seen anything peculiar, but none of the events that evening would led him to believe that someone knew what they were carrying.

Veit, tell me, did you tell anyone in this inn what our quest is? Who would know about the scrollcase other than we? Think!

Rahas
2010-10-16, 01:38 PM
"Calm down a little Iwyn, I never told anyone about the quest. Someone must have done their own research about that scrollcase and figured it was valuable enough to steal." Veit calmly stated while trying to mentally recall any faces last night that seemed shady.

hardRAWKR
2010-10-17, 01:20 PM
So we're just going to ignore my last post?

Samihl gets up from searching Veit's items.
"We don't have time to argue about this. I can tell Berra to go search for people, maybe she'll find them. We can't let them get away.
Berra, come!"
Samihl stops himself from grinning. Finally something interesting.

Handle Animal (push):
[roll0]

Rahas
2010-10-17, 02:53 PM
You are right Samihl, discussion is for breakfast, now is time for action." Veit armed with shield and waraxe descends to the main room of the tavern hoping to find the scrollcase and the person carrying it.

hardRAWKR
2010-10-17, 03:56 PM
Since my handle animal check was high enough to be successful, I'm just going to continue.

Berra flies into Veit's room. Samihl follows Veit down the stairs, and Berra follows Samihl.

RebelRogue
2010-10-17, 04:41 PM
As you get downstairs, you see a lantern being turned on to dispel the darkness of the main room of the inn where you ate. It is the elven bartender who received you earlier today. He's standing in the doorway to what you believe are his private quarters, still wearing his pajamas What in Corellon's name is all this ruckus? It's the middle of the night!, he inquires of you.

hardRAWKR
2010-10-17, 05:04 PM
Samihl, who was already suspicious of the bartender, puts away his scimitar and draws his sling, pointing it at the bartender.
"I think you know! What happened to the scrollcase?"
Then he whispers to Berra "go find."

Handle Animal:
[roll0]

RebelRogue
2010-10-17, 05:29 PM
The elf looks at Samihl in disbelief. Put that weapon down, or I will have to ask you to leave my inn!, he says. He doesn't seem pleased at the prospect of having to deal with both of you, while he's unarmed himself.

hardRAWKR:
You still have to guide Berra to whereever she's supposed to search.

I've made a secret sense motive roll for you: Samihl thinks the elf looks genuinely surprised by all of this.

Rahas:
I've made a secret sense motive roll for you: Veit instinctively distrusts the elf.

hardRAWKR
2010-10-17, 05:43 PM
Berra looks at Samihl puzzled. Samihl gestures upstairs, indicating where Berra is supposed to search.
He lowers his weapon reluctantly.
"I will trust you...for now."

Rahas
2010-10-17, 05:57 PM
"I believe you might know why we are up, and there is two easy ways of dealing with it. Return what is ours and we will peacefully leave. If you decide to resist I will make sure you regret it."
Veit staring down the elf hoping to coerce it into returning what Veit believes it has.
Intimidation:[roll0]

hardRAWKR
2010-10-17, 06:01 PM
Samihl looks at Veit, surprised at his sudden distrust in the elf, and immediately raises his weapon again.

Aiding Rahas's intimidation check:
[roll0]

edit: Well so much for that...

RebelRogue
2010-10-17, 06:45 PM
The elf does not look pleased at Veit's accusations, but before he can answer, the kitchen door swings open. The elf you saw carving meat off the boar earlier tonight enters the room with a big kitchen knife in his hand, looking around to see what's going on. Is everything allright, boss?, he asks the bartender. Well, these two gentlemen seem to accuse me of some kind of theft, he snarks. This is your very last chance to put down those weapons! He slowly raises his hand from behind the counter, and you see he's got a whistle in it.

I'm working on some kind of map to show you the geometry here. I'm not saying this should end in bloodshed, but conflict could be imminent.

Edit: Here you go:
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss144/rebelrogue_bucket/First%20Time/First_Time.png

Garwain
2010-10-18, 02:52 AM
For a moment Iwyn is undecided what to do. If it is a band of mobbers, then his friends who ran downstairs would need his help. If it is a single thief, then their is little chance of catching him while standing still in Veils room. Concluding that, Iwyn also scrambles his gear and rushes down.

"Samihl, Veit, what's going on?"

By overlooking the current situation, Iwyn notices the tension in the air, the drawn knife of the cook and the intimidating pose of Veit. Which is quite scary...

Veit, are these the men that robbed us? Iwyn draws an arrow and is ready to fire if needed. But before raising his bow and posing a thread, he speaks loud and clearly to the bartender, using some elven words to ease up the message.

Please tell us immeadiatly who is involved in the theft we faced. Your knowledge of your visitors would surely help our inquery. Do help us out or I'm afraid my friends will understand your refusal as complicity.

Diplomacy check
[roll0]

Unfortunatly Iwyn was excited enough to slip some elven curses in his speech so that his pursuasion was not that succesfull.

cd4
2010-10-18, 11:49 AM
William comes down the stairs after the party thinking carefully about what happened.

Now we don't need to be too hasty about starting a fight with the bartender but we do need to go after the thief.

Now barkeeper, has anyone left the inn during the night?

Diplomacy to calm the situation.
[roll0]

RebelRogue
2010-10-18, 07:02 PM
The bartender calms down a bit, but still seems worried about the weapons pointed at him. I'm glad to see some of my guests still possess a smidgen of reason, good sir gnome, he says to William. Some people have checked out for the night, but it's more than two hours ago the last one left.

hardRAWKR
2010-10-18, 09:09 PM
"Why should we believe him? I'm sure he has men ready to attack as soon as he blows that whistle," Samihl argues.

Garwain
2010-10-19, 03:33 AM
"Samihl, if you would manage an inn full of adventurers, you would ensure some protection as well, especially if you are overcharging and not offer the quality of wine you promise." Iwyn reasons.

Although a very sound reasoning, it remains unsure if the bartender has something to do with the theft. But being the best lead so far, Iwyn tends to believe the bartender and continues his inquiry.

Tell us more about the two men that left in the midst of the night. What are there names, how were they dressed? Were they in a hurry, and if so, where did they hurry to?

hardRAWKR
2010-10-19, 07:31 AM
Samihl, becoming impatient, decides to take action.
"This is isn't going to get us anywhere," he says. He aims for the whistle in the bartender's hand and fires his sling.

[roll0]

RebelRogue
2010-10-25, 10:14 PM
Before Samihl gets to act, the bartender ducks under the bar, blowing his whistle. The chef dives for cover behind the bar too. Both seem to act with lightning reflexes.

The elves now have cover behind the bar. Iwyn's turn is up.

Map:
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss144/rebelrogue_bucket/First%20Time/First_Time-1.png

Garwain
2010-10-26, 03:42 AM
Iwyn points his arrow towards the elves behind the bar. The tension is his string only to be released once the Elves make an hostile movement towards him or his allies.

"Drop your weapons!", yells Iwyn, "do cooperate and answer our questions with words instead of violance!

Rahas
2010-10-26, 01:37 PM
Veit moves closer to the bar hoping to grab the bartender without much interference.

I move to f 5 using a move action, and thats it for this round.

cd4
2010-10-26, 02:12 PM
William moves to H3 and starts reciting a saga about how a band of thieves was defeated.

Inspire courage activated, if you can hear William and are allied. +1 morale to attack, damage, and saving throws vs fear.

hardRAWKR
2010-10-26, 03:51 PM
Samihl moves to get a clearer line of fire to the two elves and prepares his sling to fire another bullet.
Move to H,-1.
Berra, hearing the commotion, flies back down the stairs.

RebelRogue
2010-10-27, 05:02 AM
Those of you who can still look behind the bar sees the cook crawl further back.

All of you: you may make Listen checks. Iwyn and Samihl get a Spot check too!

Map:
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss144/rebelrogue_bucket/First%20Time/First_Time-2.png

Garwain
2010-10-27, 05:43 AM
Eh, guys.... they don't seem quite impressed. They seem to hide and wait for help. Help that probably is comming soon...

Iwyn as a bad feeling about the situation. If the bartender indeed called for help, then maybe they could be facing something bigger than they can chew. After all, they never been into real danger before.

Oh man, what do I hear comming? Iwyn tries to focus on his surroundings.

spot and listen checks
spot: [roll0]
listen: [roll1]

RebelRogue
2010-10-27, 05:46 AM
Iwyn's keen elven senses notice nothing suspicious... which in itself is suspicious. You seem to be dealing with sneaky opponents here!

Rahas
2010-10-27, 02:18 PM
"Quit being a coward, you were willing to commit highway robbery earlier whats made you hide your face now?" Veit says towards the bartender and cook hiding behind the bar.
Veit moves closer ready to knock out the first person he sees emerge from the bar.

Move to E-1,
Ready action to do a non-lethal attack with my waraxe on either the cook or the bartender (which ever is in range first)

And the listen check [roll0]

cd4
2010-10-27, 03:00 PM
William moves to E6 and carrys on reciting.

While reciting he also listens: [roll0]

hardRAWKR
2010-10-27, 03:39 PM
Samihl keeps his sling aimed at the elves, paying attention to his surroundings while he waits for something to happen.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

RebelRogue
2010-10-27, 04:55 PM
Highway robbery? What in the world are you talking about, dwarf? The last word is insultingly spit out.

Samihl and William can hear footsteps outside the main door to the south.

Garwain
2010-10-30, 05:31 AM
Iwyn keeps his bow as tense as his nerves...

Rahas
2010-11-01, 05:08 PM
Veit moves into sight of the bartender and the cook, "You overcharge for a night of rest and it seems we can't even get it un-interrupted. What would you think of those events?" Veit continues moving close enough to swing at the bartender

Move to c0
Standard action: Non-lethal attack on the cook with the -4 penalty included
[roll0]
[roll1] damage if it hits

RebelRogue
2010-11-01, 05:34 PM
Before Veit can get his swing in, the cook lunges out at him with his knife. He fails miserably from his prone position and is swiftly knocked unconscious by the side of the dwarf's axe. The bartender - now halfway through the doorway, but still prone - does not look happy about these turns of events.

Readied action, though it is hard for him to hit, lying down: [roll0] vs. AC, damage [roll1] if he hits.

Since he is prone, Veit's attack connects, and the cook is knocked unconscious.

At this point, the south door is slammed open to have two elves in chain shirts and longbows enter the room, swiftly nocking an arrow each. You recognize them as the ones who helped you with you luggage (or at least offered to do so). The eastern door is opened as well, and a younger looking elf enters, also with a bow, though with no armor. All bows are pointed at you in a silent warning, grim expressions on all their faces.

The new elves have rolled an initiative of 10. They all ready actions. However, Iwyn's prepared action will take place now...

Map:
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss144/rebelrogue_bucket/First%20Time/First_Time-3.png

Garwain
2010-11-02, 09:00 AM
Poor Iwyn. His slender body is shaking like a leaf. This is his first encounter with real danger. Real enemies with real bows.

Seeing that the assistance has arrived, Iwyn understands that their position is vulnerable. And he quickly responds by releasing his arrow to the closest Elf.

Point blank shot to H6

to hit: [roll0]
damage:[roll1]

RebelRogue
2010-11-02, 09:28 AM
Unfortunately for Iwyn, Samihl is somewhat in the way of his arrows, and therefore Silaqua is not hit. Seeing this, all three of them release their arrows at Iwyn and his friends. Apparantly, they have no qualms of attacking a fellow elf. Fortunately for him, the cover his friends grant him works to his advantage this time, and he is left unhit.

Cover grants Silaqua a +4 AC bonus, unfortunately :smallfrown: The elves use their readied actions to shoot at Iwyn (and if he drops, those nearest to him, i.e. Samihl, then William):
Silaqua: [roll0] (including cover), damage [roll1]
Himo: [roll2] (including cover), damage [roll3]
Stableboy: [roll4] (including cover), damage [roll5].

cd4
2010-11-02, 03:29 PM
William sighs and moves and stabs with the spear.

Okay, move to F7, G8, H8 and attack Himo.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

cd4
2010-11-02, 03:31 PM
Well not much damage but a critical.

Critical confirm: [roll0]

hardRAWKR
2010-11-02, 04:15 PM
Samihl takes a step toward the elves that have just arrived and fires his sling at the elf closest to the door.
Move to I3, then attack Himo.

RebelRogue
2010-11-03, 03:30 AM
Himo is relatively unfazed by the two minor hits he suffers. Meanwhile, Veit can see the bartender rise up from prone to slam shut the door to what you suppose is his private quarters.

Crit unconfirmed. Himo takes 2 damage overall. It's Rahas/Veit's turn.

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss144/rebelrogue_bucket/First%20Time/First_Time-4.png

Rahas
2010-11-03, 12:01 PM
Veit noticing that we have extra company decides to let the bartender escape through his little door and aid his friends.
Double move to E6

Garwain
2010-11-03, 02:39 PM
For a moment Iwyn stands perplex. The Elves responded his arrow swiftly with 3 of theirs. That was to be expected, but still a little shock for Iwyn. Luckely none of the shot were a hit and when Iwyn realises that, he comes back to his senses. He steps forward, leaving the cover of his friend, draws an arrow and now focuses again on his shot.

move to H1
dam: [roll1]

RebelRogue
2010-11-03, 04:09 PM
Seeing that William is now threatening both of the elven warriors, Himo briefly points at him, waiting for the stableboy to fire his bow before he and Silaqua meaneuvers close to the gnome, firing at him at point blank range. The gnome is quick though, so only the stableboy's arrow hit him for a minor fleshwound.

Hmm, my MapTool file seem to have been corrupted/erased for some reason, so no map atm. In any case, Himo and Silaqua close in on William, 5-foot stepping to H7 and I8 respectively, getting inside his reach and fire at him at point blank range. Also, it seems I forgot the +1 for their PBS on damage, the last time: Hilmo and Silaqua have composite bows. They also carry falchions, btw. If William drops, they shift to Samihl (and then Iwyn).

Stableboy: [roll0], damage [roll1]
Himo: [roll2], damage [roll3]
Silaqua: [roll4], damage [roll5]

Edit: So 1 damage to William. His turn is up.

cd4
2010-11-03, 04:23 PM
"I'll deal with you later" william says to the stableboy.

William 5ft steps to G9 and stabs Himo.

Unfortuantly he is rather unco-ordinated and stabs the table next to him.

hardRAWKR
2010-11-03, 07:21 PM
Samihl reloads and fires at the same elf again.

Rahas
2010-11-03, 07:58 PM
Veit moves to flank Silaqua with Williams help, and then strikes silaqua.

Move to H6 via E6(start), F5, G5, H6(end)
Attack Silaqua: [roll0] damage: [roll1]

Garwain
2010-11-04, 12:28 PM
Iwyn is on a roll. A new arrow, a new shot. His eyes peering over his arrowhead.

OOC:
No idea about the current location of everyone, but Silaqua is the primary target if there is a LoS, even if some steps are required. If not, hit Hino.

And what happened with my previous shot? confirmation of a hit or miss would be nice.

RebelRogue
2010-11-04, 02:01 PM
Iwyn's shot hits its target and Himo falls to the ground, unconscious.

The last shot didn't connect, sorry.

RebelRogue
2010-11-09, 08:04 PM
The elves are hard pressed with a man down, but still fight on. The stableboy fires his bow at William, before Silaqua moves into point blank range once again to shoot.

Stableboy: [roll0] vs. William, damage [roll1]

Assuming that doesn't take William down, Silqua 5' steps to H8, firing at William: [roll2] vs. William, damage [roll3].

If the first shot does take William down, I will make deal with it in the OOC thread and edit. So that's 3 damage to William.

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss144/rebelrogue_bucket/First%20Time/First_Time-6.png

cd4
2010-11-10, 12:58 PM
Okay, William 5ft steps to F9 and stabs Silaqua.

hardRAWKR
2010-11-12, 01:16 AM
Berra takes off from Samihl's shoulder and flies toward the elf at the opposite end of the room. Samihl follows as he reloads his sling.
Berra moves to C8, Samihl moves to E7.

Rahas
2010-11-12, 01:24 AM
Veit takes a 5'ft step, putting Silaqua between him and William again and takes a mighty swing with his axe.

5'ft step to I7
Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Garwain
2010-11-12, 04:54 PM
With the bartender dissapearing from sight, Iwyn aims his arrow to the stablebow that has been firing into his allies a couple of times.

run to G4
shot at stableboy
hit:[roll0]
dam:[roll1]

RebelRogue
2010-11-13, 05:41 AM
Veit's axe brings down the second elf warrior, leaving him unconscious in the floor. Iwyn misses the stableboy, who retreats back into the door from which he came, slamming it shut.

The combat seems over, at least for now.

hardRAWKR
2010-11-13, 10:24 AM
Berra turns around and flies back to Samihl's shoulder.
"I think we've made our point," Samihl says. He begins to walk over to the bar, until he realizes that the bartender is missing.
"...where did the bartender go?" he asks.

Rahas
2010-11-13, 01:04 PM
"The bartender is a coward and ran out his door behind the bar" Veit said slowing catching his breath and trying to wrap his mind around what exactly did happen. "Oh yeah, the cook is also out cold behind the bar, once he wakes up we can question him."

hardRAWKR
2010-11-13, 03:48 PM
"Then I'm going after him. I'm not going to wait for the cook to wake up while he gets away."
He continues toward the bar, speeding up his pace.

RebelRogue
2010-11-13, 07:10 PM
From behind the door the bartender entered, you can clearly hear someone blowing a whistle rather furiously. This is bound to wake up some people sooner or later.

Garwain
2010-11-14, 04:05 AM
Iwyn hears the furious wisstle. Still tense from surviving his first dangerous encounter, he cannot see another solution out this mess than to run.

"We should get out of here quickly!", shouts Iwyn, partially guided by his nerves, partially by his common sense. "I will see if I can find a lead outside."

He gathers his limited gear, grabs the composite longbow from his Elven attacker and speeds outside. He remembers the words from the bartender, about someone checking out in the middle of the night. With a little chance, he can find their tracks.

Iwyn takes a deep breath, filling his lungs with the cool air outside. He tries to regain focus and searches for possible tracks.

track search
Natural feat for rangers:
[roll0]

Still totally wind up from the fight, Iwyn cannot distinguish anything interesting.

cd4
2010-11-14, 07:02 AM
William, realising that it would be a good idea to get out of here starts searching the bodies for anything that could be useful.

Once he has picked that up he will go upstairs and get the rest of his stuff and prepare to leave the inn.

RebelRogue
2010-11-14, 07:37 AM
A quick glance informs William, that the warrior elves have chain shirts, composite bows and falchions. Silaqua's chain shirt appears to be of real good quality. The cook has two large knives (daggers).

If you want to actually search them, a skill check is needed, but it will take a little time.

cd4
2010-11-14, 05:18 PM
William grabs Silaqua's finer quality chain shirt and both bows and falchions unless someone else takes them. He collects the remains of his stuff from upstairs and returns to the main room.

RebelRogue
2010-11-14, 05:28 PM
As William reaches the upper floor, he sees that indeed some people have already awakened from the noise of the combat and the whistling. A handful of people are out in the corridor in their undergarments, some even armed with knives. The all seem sort of puzzled by what's going on. As William arrives, one of these shabby looking men armed with a knife eyes the gnome with suspicion and asks him What's going on down there? He checks out the chain shirt. That's a mighty fine armor you've got there. A little too big for you, I'd say, though! As are those weapons. Though none of them are hostile or threatening as such, all eyes are on William now!

hardRAWKR
2010-11-14, 08:52 PM
Samihl bursts into the room that the bartender is in.
Unless of course, the door is locked, in which case I attempt to break it down.
Soo...
Strength Check: [roll0]

RebelRogue
2010-11-14, 09:04 PM
The door is indeed locked, and Samihl fails to break through it.

hardRAWKR
2010-11-14, 09:51 PM
"Hey Veit, can you help me get through this door?" Samihl shouts across the room.
He continues to try to break through the door.
[roll0]

Rahas
2010-11-14, 10:14 PM
"Sure thing Samihl" Veit calmy says as he walks over and tries to break down the door. "If we can't get it with our hands I'll have to go grab my crowbar from my room."
Strength check [roll0]

RebelRogue
2010-11-15, 05:14 AM
Samihl and Veit breaks through the door. Inside, you see the bartenders private quarters, including a lot of books, probably for accounting and a board of keys to the rooms. Also, the bartender (who is also the innkeeper you suppose) is standing there whistle in mouth. He's also got a crossbow in his hands ready to fire at the first one who may enter. In this case, it happens to be Samihl, cathing him off guard. It still misses.

[roll0] vs. Samihl's flatfooted AC, damage [roll1]

hardRAWKR
2010-11-15, 08:27 AM
Berra flies toward the bartender and grabs the whistle from his mouth.
"You can't handle both of us. Put the bow down and answer our questions." Samihl says, preparing his sling.

RebelRogue
2010-11-15, 08:51 AM
The innkeeper, lashes out at Berra as she closes in on him, landing a good blow of the bird. To add injury to insult, the innkeeper is too quick for her to let her grab the whistle.

Warning! Rule Wall-of-Text: In order to grab the whistle, Berra must enter the innkeeper's space. This provokes an Opportunity Attack. Even though the innkeeper does not possess the Improved Unarmed Strike Feat, the AoO is made as the owl is out of melee reach, so no counter-AoO is possible.

Innkeeper, AoO unarmed strike [roll0] vs. AC, damage [roll1]

Grabbing the whistle amounts to a grapple attempt from Berra. This includes a to hit roll vs. touch AC (which provokes an AoO, but since the innkeeper does not possess the Combat Reflexes Feat, he's already spent his AoO for the round), followed by an opposed grapple roll to actually grab the whistle:

Berra's attack vs. touch AC: [roll2]

If she hits, opposed grapple roll: Berra [roll3], Innkeeper [roll4]

Rahas
2010-11-15, 02:02 PM
Veit charges the bartender swinging his waraxe like a baseball bat.
Nonlethal attack: [roll0] Damage : [roll1]

hardRAWKR
2010-11-15, 04:49 PM
Berra quickly flies away from the bartender and lands back on Samihl's shoulder.
"Flare!" Samihl exclaims, and a bright light bursts out from his hands.
Berra is withdrawing. I'm assuming she can do that without provoking another attack? If not, then she just takes a 5-foot step out of his square.
And Samihl casts flare.

RebelRogue
2010-11-15, 05:47 PM
Veit smacks the side of his axe into the innkeeper, but he's still standing, though he's looking hurt now! Samihl uses his magic to partially blind the elf, leaving him dazzled.

Since Berra is actually in the innkeeper's square, a retreat would still provoke an AoO. In any case, she cannot act untill the turn is through.

Saving throw for Flare: [roll0] (what is the DC?) Edit: Nevermind, he fails.

RebelRogue
2010-11-15, 07:24 PM
The innkeeper steps back, towards the window in the west end of the room, while drawing an alchemically treated stick from a hidden pocket. He strikes it against the floor, making it almost instantly fill the room with a thick, obscuring smoke.

5' step back, draw smokestick, use smokestick. 10' x 10' around the inkeeper is now obscured, granting concealment to him.

hardRAWKR
2010-11-15, 07:46 PM
Berra flies back to the last place she saw Samihl.
Samihl listens closely for the movement of the bartender.
So...a listen check for Samihl and now Berra can withdraw, right? And since Samihl hasn't moved, she should be able to find him.
Listen: [roll0]
Edit: Awesome roll.

RebelRogue
2010-11-15, 08:08 PM
Berra flies back to her master, happy to find the familiar comfort of Samihl's shoulder after the rough treatment she got from the elf. The druid listens for telling sounds from the now obscured room, but cannot pick anything out.

Rahas
2010-11-15, 08:50 PM
Veit will chase the bartender again, through the smokescreen to his last seen position.

hardRAWKR
2010-11-15, 09:40 PM
I still have a move action left, so...
Samihl moves into the doorway to block any attempt the bartender may make to escape.

RebelRogue
2010-11-16, 08:57 AM
Veit swings his axe into the smoke, but fails to connect with anything.

I need listen checks from both of you.

hardRAWKR
2010-11-16, 09:03 AM
Does Berra get one too?
Samihl: [roll0]
Berra: [roll1]

RebelRogue
2010-11-16, 09:35 AM
Samihl clearly hears the sound of something sliding behind the clouds, followed by light footsteps. Veit feels a burst of colder air, as if someone had opened a door or window. It also seems to perturb the smoke in the room slightly.

Garwain
2010-11-16, 11:34 AM
Iwyn returned inside after his futile attempt to find tracks. He sees the door bursted open, and follows through only to find himself in a room filled with smoke.

He uses his Elven senses to distinguish friend from foe while waving his newly acquired bow in front of him.
spot
[roll0]
listen
[roll1]

cd4
2010-11-16, 11:51 AM
Meanwhile, upstairs William is thinking carefully about his answer.

The party was charged with carrying a scroll case to Silverhex. Unfortuantly during the night we were robbed of the scroll case. However the robbers were not stealthy enough and we heard them moving around. We headed downstairs and caught up with the tail end of the robbers. The robbers decided to fight and we defeated some but the rest got away. The ranger is now looking for tracks while the other members of the party are dealing with one final robber who was trapped in a small area. I couldn't get into the fight so I came up here to collect my stuff and prepare for a long night of searching. The gear I am carrying seemed to be worth something so I picked it up to sell somewhere, the robbers don't really need it.

Persuasion roll(Just in Case):

Diplomacy/Bluff [roll0]

hardRAWKR
2010-11-16, 04:25 PM
"Did you hear that?" Samihl whispers to his teammates.

RebelRogue
2010-11-17, 06:32 AM
Iwyn notices Veit inside the cloud of smoke, but no one else. He does hear the sliding sound and the quiet footsteps too, though.

BTW Iwyn:
The bow is a composite longbow, Strength +1

Meanwhile, upstairs, the men look at William, still a bit suspicious, until one of the men says Robbers, huh! Then we ought to help you catch them, I say! Let me get dressed, and I'll be there in a moment. He goes back into his room. About half of the other men seem to agree and does the same.

Garwain
2010-11-19, 02:55 AM
Iwyn moves forward towards where he hears the sliding sound. He continues until he finds where the sound originated.

Come on Veit, I'm hearing footsteps and something sliding. I bet he is trying to get away! follow me!

Searching the 'sliding sound' source
search: [roll0]
If the source is not obvious, trying to spot it anyway. Elfs get auto check for hidden doors, right?
spot: [roll1]
In the mainwhile also still listening for the footsteps
listen: [roll2]

Rahas
2010-11-19, 01:11 PM
"Of course he would try to get away, he is nothing but a coward. Sooner we can find him, sooner we might be able to finish our job." Veit sighed loudly, Bartenders never have honor."

RebelRogue
2010-11-21, 08:08 PM
At first, Iwyn has trouble pinpointing anything beyond what he has already learned. However, after a few seconds, the smoke begins to visibly clear, drifting out through what you now see to be some clever sliding panel in the west wall, now open to the outside. The innkeeper must have had this secret door installed for an emergency such as this. Ouside it is dark, but it's still pretty clear that the trees of the forest cannot be too far away from the building.

Garwain
2010-11-22, 10:42 AM
Once again, Iwyn finds himself outside. But this time he is on the pursuit. The smoke flows freely outside. Nonetheless, Iwyn quickly looks around, trying to find a lead to where the Bartender fled.

track
[roll0]

If nothing interesting can be read, Iwyn moves towards the stables.

hardRAWKR
2010-11-22, 04:36 PM
Samihl follows Iwyn and Veit. He attempts to discern where the bartender has gone.
Survival Check: [roll0]

Berra looks around for any movement.
Spot Check: [roll1]

RebelRogue
2010-11-22, 05:52 PM
Samihl sees clear footprints in the ground made by the boots of the elf. They lead towards the woods and should be easy to follow. Berra lets out a barely noticeable oohoo, and Samihl instantly knows its true meaning: she has seen or heard something out there!

hardRAWKR
2010-11-22, 10:14 PM
"He must have gone that way, there are fresh footprints here." Samihl says to Iwyn and Veit. He points to the prints.
"Cure minor wounds," he whispers, and lightly places his palm on Berra's wing.
He begins jogging in the direction of the tracks, trying to keep his steps quiet.
Move Silently: [roll0]

Garwain
2010-11-24, 02:21 AM
For a moment, Iwyn is puzzled by the ease Samihl found the tracks and how he was missing the obvious. Nonetheless, he follows Samihls lead into the woods.

RebelRogue
2010-11-24, 09:04 AM
Guided by Berra, you move towards the woods. The starlight makes it easy for all but Samihl to orient themselves; the druid has trouble keeping up without a good light sourse. Never-the-less, a loud crack from a twig being crushed is heard ahead in the forest, as if the elf is no longer trying hard to move queitly anymore.

Samihl is the only one without low-light-vision. The listen check was so low (DC 5), that I assumed you all passed it.

hardRAWKR
2010-11-24, 01:58 PM
Samihl picks up a stick on the ground.
"Light!" he exclaims, and suddenly the stick begins to glow brilliantly in the darkness.
Now able to see, Samihl speeds up his pace, running in the direction he heard the crack.

Rahas
2010-11-24, 05:33 PM
"Slow down you two, I don't move as fast as you guys." Veit shouted towards his partners as they were starting to get too far ahead of him.

hardRAWKR
2010-11-24, 05:53 PM
"Would you rather he get away?" Samihl yells back to Veit.

Rahas
2010-11-26, 01:04 AM
"I rather talk to him in person, so if you find him lets keep in one place this time." Veit shouted back towards Samihl

hardRAWKR
2010-11-26, 02:02 AM
"That was the plan," Samihl responds.

RebelRogue
2010-11-28, 06:28 PM
As Samihl conjures up the magical light, those of you with low-light vision see the elf run further into the woods around the point where your eyes can discern anything, about 40' away.

Garwain
2010-11-30, 09:51 AM
Iwyn is breathing deeply to follow the silhouet of the running Elf, deeper into the woords. The light from Samihl gives just enough clarity to avoid low hanging branches.

Stop that running thief! yells Iwyn from to top of his lungs.

Rahas
2010-12-01, 01:31 PM
"Stand aside then." Veit drops his shield and proceeds to fully run after the bartender into the trees.

hardRAWKR
2010-12-01, 11:37 PM
Samihl points his finger at the fleeing elf and yells, "Entangle!"
Suddenly the whole forest seems to come to life, tangling up everything in the area around the bartender.
Cast entangle centered 20 feet in front of the bartender.

Garwain
2010-12-02, 08:06 AM
Iwyn sees how the bartender is slowed down by the rapidly growing plants. He runs to the edge of the magically growing area and draws an arrow.

To counter the heavy breathing from running, he takes a deep inhale and keeps his breath. The night is dark, but now that the bartender is not running at full speed, he stays within the area that is visible to Iwyns elven low light vision. He eyes over the shaft and releases a shot.

I hope that drops this runner!

to hit:[roll0]

RebelRogue
2010-12-02, 08:26 AM
The undergrowth of the light forest shoots up to grab the elven innkeeper. He is slowed by this display of druidic magic, though he manages to escape the worst entanglement. Iwyn nocks an arrow and fires his bow. Since the other elf in unarmored, it's a solid hit, injuring him badly. Ouch!, the innkeeper moans. It surely is a sad day when an elf helps dwarves and humans hunt down and kill another elf, he snarls at Iwyn! He turns around to face the ranger, raising his arms out to the sides in a gesture of frustration and powerlessness. Go ahead! Kill me! Isn't that what you want, you... traitor! The last word is spit out at Iwyn in disgust.

Garwain
2010-12-02, 02:09 PM
Iwyn is shocked by the words of the bartender.

A traitor? Now that's strange to hear.... from a thief!

Iwyn realises that if the bartender is not the thief, they might be loosing vital time. Best to question the bartender now that he is down. His comrades can be very convincing, so he looks aside to Veit.

RebelRogue
2010-12-02, 06:35 PM
I'm no thief! I've stolen nothing. You are crazy!, the elf shouts out desperately. His claim seems sincere to all of you.

hardRAWKR
2010-12-02, 07:07 PM
"Then would you care to explain what's going on?"

Rahas
2010-12-02, 07:09 PM
You run like a coward, more than a thief. Maybe instead you just willfully harbor thieves to make some extra money on the side. Veit yells towards the barkeeper, while slowly walking closer towards him but avoiding entering the circle of living plants.

RebelRogue
2010-12-03, 06:10 AM
You attack my employees unprovoked in the middle of the night! I'm the one who should demand to know what's going on!, he yells, clearly confused about what to explain. He turns to Veit putting on a slightly snarkier tone. I'm sorry if running away from psychopaths seem like cowardly to you. Around where I come from we refer to such actions as 'common sense'!

Garwain
2010-12-03, 06:27 AM
Iwyn starts to realise that the bartender is not the thief himself. But his reluctance to give away information is kind of making him guilty as well. And Iwyn realises that he tries to find excuses, to ease his guilt from shooting these elfs.

But.. but you never answered my question, instead you blew your whistle for back up! Now that you're surrounded in the dark woods, maybe you'll find it easier to tells us what you know.

He leaves a moment to find out how his words fall.
diplomacy check: [roll0] He then continues:

So I'll repeat once more:

Tell us more about the two men that left in the midst of the night. What are there names, how were they dressed? Were they in a hurry, and if so, where did they hurry to?

RebelRogue
2010-12-03, 06:57 AM
I only blew the whistle as I was attacked on my own property! the elf explains vigorously, widening this eyes and flailing his arms. As for those men, I think their names are Bernd and Lothar. Actually, I've always suspected them and some of their friends could be footpads or deal with other shady business now that you mention it.

None of you are convinced about what he tells you about the character of Bernd and Lothar - he deliberately seems to be telling a lie here to save himself.

hardRAWKR
2010-12-03, 08:29 AM
Samihl decides it would be best to let the others do the talking.

Garwain
2010-12-03, 08:53 AM
"Aha!" says Iwyn with a smile, "Now we're getting somewhere."

Something is odd about the way this information seems to come out and Iwyn perceives that this could be a lie.
sense motive:[roll0]

He puts the arrow back in his quiver, and holds his bow in one hand. "See, that wasn't so bad. Now let's all get back to the inn where you will show us the rooms of those 2. Not any room, but the one that is listed in your visitors log. You told us they went of in a hurry. Well show us where they started their rush so that I'll find their tracks."

Iwyn is secretly enjoying his bad attitude. He used to be calm and gentle. Maybe a bit naive. This whole adventuring thing was really a good decission.

"And since you're not a thief, you won't mind that my friends have a look in your personal quarters?"

RebelRogue
2010-12-03, 09:30 AM
Will that make you stop your violent rampage?, he asks? But yes, I will show you that I hide nothing suspicious in my personal quarters if you pay me adequate compensation for hurting my friends - I need them as guards around here, and magical healing is not free! He is still fighting the magically animated vines, but seems to be cooperative now.

Rahas
2010-12-03, 12:32 PM
As long as you help us, it is only fair to provide compensation. Although you might want to get better guards, those weren't much use defending. Veit said cautiously, hoping to not incite more anger from the bartender.

hardRAWKR
2010-12-03, 04:30 PM
"You do have a plan, right? I don't think we should trust him just yet," Samihl whispers to Iwyn.

RebelRogue
2010-12-04, 09:10 PM
Your gut feeling tells you, that he is right about you finding nothing incriminating in his quarters, but there's still something suspicious about all of this. Like he's hiding something from you.

Garwain
2010-12-06, 02:44 AM
Iwyn cuts 5' from his 50' hempen rope and approaches the bartender. He does a search on the body, to make sure there are no hidden weapons or items and binds the hands behind the back. The remainig length of the rope is used as a leech, although Veit was thinking of a whip.

Search the body
[roll0]
Use the rope
[roll1]

With the bartender bound, they make their way back to the inn. Iwyn hisses to Samihl. So far my plan. I really have no clue next.

hardRAWKR
2010-12-06, 03:23 AM
"Works for me," Samihl replies. "Even if he won't talk, we can use him. Obviously there's something strange going on here."

RebelRogue
2010-12-09, 07:26 PM
The elf reluctantly lets you bind him and walks back to the secret door to his room. Search all you want! I haven't stolen anything. And as for healing, 50 gp for each seems reasonable. Clerics don't come by here too oftenm you know! He's clearly pushing it somewhat, but then again, magic aid isn't cheap.

Garwain
2010-12-10, 02:29 PM
Iwyn senses that something is off, but he can't quite put his finger on it. He searches the private bartender room, looking for clues. He pays close attention to find a visitor log to find out who checked out in a haste.

Search
[roll0]

RebelRogue
2010-12-10, 05:41 PM
Searching the room, Iwyn finds such a log. Everything seems to correspond with the elf's explanation. Also of interest is a key board with a key cooresponding to each room, some extra cross bow quarrels, a short sword, two daggers and another smokestick. Apart from that, it's all ordinary, personal stuff.

Garwain
2010-12-12, 04:44 PM
Iwyn turns to his friends and says (out of hearing range of the innkeeper): "I think we can exclude him from being the thief. After all, who would use lockpicking tools when he has spare keys. Even if it was one of his acolytes, then he could have given them a copy of the key fairly easy".

It's hard to realise that they spend valuable time chasing the wrong clue. But still, things don't add up. Maybe William has found a better clue...

hardRAWKR
2010-12-12, 05:35 PM
"Now that you mention it, the thief wouldn't have had time to trash the room and find the scrollcase between when I heard them picking the lock and when I went into Veit's room. Maybe whoever did it had the keys and was trying to make it look like they didn't."
Samihl glares at the innkeeper.

RebelRogue
2010-12-12, 06:00 PM
I assure you, that no one has used any of your spare keys while you've been staying here, if that's what you're trying to imply. He points at the key board. They're right here, and they've been so the entire time! You all feel convinced he's telling the truth here.

hardRAWKR
2010-12-12, 07:25 PM
Samihl draws his scimitar and holds it to the innkeeper's throat.
"Are you sure about that?"
Intimidate: [roll0]

RebelRogue
2010-12-12, 07:41 PM
I swear it's the truth!, the elf assures you as his face grows a little paler in the proximity of the curved blade.

hardRAWKR
2010-12-12, 07:43 PM
"Then maybe you can offer a better explanation?"
He keeps the blade at the elf's throat.

Rahas
2010-12-12, 10:01 PM
"An explanation would be good to get from you," Veit points towards the drawn scimitar "I'm afraid that I can't guarantee your safety in this current situation, but any actual information you have can help us."

Garwain
2010-12-13, 06:06 AM
Iwyn tries to play the nice guy and questions in a more polite way:

"Tell me, who of these men are skilled with thiefing tools?", he points to the log, "Which of these men can sneak into your room unnoticed?"

If they were robbed wihtout spare key and the artefact was stolen before we found the thiefing tools, then it must be a very skilled thief. Iwyn thinks.

OOC:
I'm asking if there are any rogues on his log.

RebelRogue
2010-12-13, 06:41 AM
Well, do you remember those dice players in the corner? A few of them has been known to... be less than honorable. They're staying not too far from your rooms if I remember correctly... Is it ok, if I check the log?

You think he's telling the truth here, although Iwyn has a feeling it's perhaps not the full truth.

hardRAWKR
2010-12-13, 08:28 AM
Samihl removes the blade from the innkeepers throat, but keeps it in his hand, and gives the innkeeper a look that tells him he could still slit his throat at any time.