PDA

View Full Version : Tome of Battle noob, Diamond Mind/Psion

Postmodernist
2010-10-03, 11:12 PM
Hello all, thanks in advance for your comments.

I've never made a ToB character before, and am wondering what are the most effective methods of playing and building one. I've perused the ToB For Dummies, and I'm contemplating a Diamond Mind Warblade/Psion, especially after examining the Psionic focus related combinations. Plus, it seems to fit with the setting, since it'll likely be for Dark Sun. I hear about this intriguing "Meditant" build, but it seems that most of the links to it on the WoTC pages are dead. I'm wondering what the good break levels are, what the good PrCs might be, what feats, etc. Does Eternal Blade synergize with this well, or should I focus more on psionics? Is the Psionic Focus/Psionic Weapon/Deep Impact/PA combo worth it, or are there other tricks? Psicrystal pain-sharing?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a little overwhelmed by the many ToB options. My humble noobness welcomes your comments.

HunterOfJello
2010-10-03, 11:34 PM
Are you refering to the actual Meditant (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040827c) Prestige Class or a generalized Warblade/Psion ?

Postmodernist
2010-10-03, 11:40 PM
Are you refering to the actual Meditant (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040827c) Prestige Class or a generalized Warblade/Psion ?

Frankly, I'm not sure. The ToB for Dummies mentions a "Meditant" build in theBuild Compendium, (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871346/Tome_of_Battle:_Build_Compendium) but the link appears to be dead. I'm not certain whether the build included this class or not. I'm simply interested in a good build that fits. I remain thematically interested in something Psion/Diamond Mind-ish, but am not completely wedded to the idea. Suggestions are most welcome.

DragoonWraith
2010-10-03, 11:45 PM
There is no official psionic/initiator dual-progression PrC, which is a shame, but you can probably find something homebrew, or if not, tweak the Jade Phoenix Mage slightly.

If you're interested in homebrew, the Sleeping Goddess (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98409) discipline has a lot to offer to a Psionic initiator, and it's all sorts of awesome, so I do recommend that.

Otherwise, Psions use Int as their Manifesting ability, and Warblades have a lot of Int synergy, so that's a good thing. The Psionic feats are generally good - Instant Clarity, in particular, is awesome if you can afford the 13 Wis (for an Initiator, I like it better than Psionic Meditation, personally).

Generally when dealing with Initiators like the Warblade, you want to take the Initiator levels later, due to the way multiclassing and Initiator Level works. A Psion 4/Warblade 1, for example, would take his initial 3 Maneuvers from 2nd level instead of 1st, because Psion 4 gives you an Initiator Level of 2, plus 1 from the Warblade level for 3rd, letting you get those juicy 2nd level Maneuvers right away. Psion 8 could also work, though now you're waiting quite a bit to get into Warblade. Does have the advantage of allowing you to take a 3rd level Stance for your first Stance (assuming you read the Stance section of the Warblade as descriptive and not proscriptive when it says you take a 1st level Stance at 1st level), but it'll make you much more a Psion than a Warblade, at least initially.

Once you have the Manifester Level for it, you should take Expanded Knowledge (Expansion), for an awesome PsyWar power that goes really nicely with Warblade (or any melee, really; being big is a large advantage).

Postmodernist
2010-10-03, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to stay away from homebrew for my first ToB character, though the Sleeping Goddess does look cool. Also, thanks for the Initiator progression suggestions- I'll be starting at ECL 10 (which I should have mentioned in the OP). Where is Instant Clarity found?

Master_Rahl22
2010-10-04, 09:31 AM
Instant Clarity is a feat in ToB that lets you spend a Swift action to recover your Psionic Focus after you make a successful strike maneuver 3 times per day. It's great if you like the Psionic feats that let you expend it for nifty stuff. It also works great for Diamond Mind maneuvers. Expend your focus for the Take 15 option on Concentration for insane damage or save boost, then get it back for free.

SurlySeraph
2010-10-04, 09:41 AM
Taking Psionic Meditation so you can recover your psionic focus as a move action is also a good idea. Move action for psi focus, standard action for strike is a good idea if you're going with the Psionic Weapon chain or Wounding Attack, and going Egoist so you can use Hustle lets you take a full-round action while recovering your psionic focus. Psicrystal Containment is also a good idea if you intend to be using your psi focus a lot.

As for maneuvers, you can either a) try to get high base damage and use the Nightmare Blade line, or b) don't do much on your base damage, max Concentration, and use the Insightful Strike line. The latter will probably be easier.

Postmodernist
2010-10-04, 11:15 AM
As for maneuvers, you can either a) try to get high base damage and use the Nightmare Blade line, or b) don't do much on your base damage, max Concentration, and use the Insightful Strike line. The latter will probably be easier.

Which of these is generally regarded as a superior strategy? Is it generally better to expend the focus for a big Concentration check and damage or expend the focus for something like Deep Impact and PA like crazy?

Keep the suggestions coming, please. I'll likely need every shred of advice I can get.

DragoonWraith
2010-10-04, 12:02 PM
Instant Clarity is a feat in ToB that lets you spend a Swift action to recover your Psionic Focus after you make a successful strike maneuver 3 times per day. It's great if you like the Psionic feats that let you expend it for nifty stuff. It also works great for Diamond Mind maneuvers. Expend your focus for the Take 15 option on Concentration for insane damage or save boost, then get it back for free.
Wait, 3/day?

That's incredibly stupid. Nevermind, Psionic Meditation is still better. Sigh.

Keld Denar
2010-10-04, 12:17 PM
Eldariel has a REALLY good homebrew PrC that combines Psionics with Diamond Mind on a full BAB chassis. I forgot the name, but he trolls around here so much that he'll invariably show up and link it. One of its abilities actually increases the number of times per day you can use Instant Clarity, which is kinda cool.

Eldariel
2010-10-04, 12:30 PM
Eldariel has a REALLY good homebrew PrC that combines Psionics with Diamond Mind on a full BAB chassis. I forgot the name, but he trolls around here so much that he'll invariably show up and link it. One of its abilities actually increases the number of times per day you can use Instant Clarity, which is kinda cool.

You rang? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5883542) Yes, yes you did and like a djinn I come when called.

Keld Denar
2010-10-04, 12:33 PM
One thing I never understood about that class...why is the prereq feat Psionic Meditation and not Instant Clarity? I mean, you get extra uses of Instant Clarity, but its entirely possible that you don't even have it. Both are similar in function (recovering focus faster than a full round)...it just seems like it makes sense.

Its like if Frenzied Berzerker didn't require Power Attack, even though it has class features that augement PA. Except it does, so why doesn't this?

DragoonWraith
2010-10-04, 12:39 PM
Alternatively, it could give uses of Instant Clarity even to those who don't have it, at 1/day up to 3/day (instead of 4/day to 6/day).

Though I consider the daily limit on Instant Clarity to be incredibly stupid to begin with.

Eldariel
2010-10-04, 12:39 PM
One thing I never understood about that class...why is the prereq feat Psionic Meditation and not Instant Clarity? I mean, you get extra uses of Instant Clarity, but its entirely possible that you don't even have it. Both are similar in function (recovering focus faster than a full round)...it just seems like it makes sense.

Its like if Frenzied Berzerker didn't require Power Attack, even though it has class features that augement PA. Except it does, so why doesn't this?

Instant Clarity qualifies as Psionic Meditation with regards to prerequisites (as per the feat text). The intent is that you can enter with either, and you gain some extra from Instant Clarity should you use that. Mostly, I strove to make it as open-ended as possible to cater to as many different build choices as feasible.

Keld Denar
2010-10-04, 12:45 PM
Yea, it is kinda wierd that Instant Clarity is per-day, when almost nothing else in ToB is per-day. It would make more sense if it was 1/encounter, with the assumption that you'd have ~3 encounters per day, or something.

And Eldariel, I forgot about that clause in Instant Clarity, good catch. Might want to edit that in for clarity (instantly, even...). I don't think you'd lose much by specifying Prereqs: Psionic Meditation OR Instant Clarity.

Eldariel
2010-10-04, 12:47 PM
Yea, it is kinda wierd that Instant Clarity is per-day, when almost nothing else in ToB is per-day. It would make more sense if it was 1/encounter, with the assumption that you'd have ~3 encounters per day, or something.

And Eldariel, I forgot about that clause in Instant Clarity, good catch. Might want to edit that in for clarity (instantly, even...). I don't think you'd lose much by specifying Prereqs: Psionic Meditation OR Instant Clarity.

That would cost elegance! :smalltongue: It's a very rare convention in PrCs to list multiple options for entry. I can only think of Ruathar off-hand. That said, sure, I can do that. And frankly, I almost wanna make Instant Clarity usable At Will on level 10. Think I'll do just that too.

DragoonWraith
2010-10-04, 12:52 PM
Personally, I don't think that's necessary. Every other PrC that requires Power Attack (or Stone Power), Dodge (or Desert Wind Dodge or Midnight Dodge or Expeditious Dodge), Combat Reflexes (or Evasive Reflexes), etc, only refer to the "main" feat.

Anyway, there doesn't need to be any limit on Instant Clarity, in my opinion. Instant Clarity already has a limitation on it (only usable after a Strike), plus it uses your Swift Action which may, in some cases, be more important than your Move, all of which makes Psionic Meditation a fair alternative. In fact, even with Instant Clarity being usable as many times per day as you like, I'd be tempted to take both if I could afford it, if I was making any serious use of expending Psionic Focus (like, say, with Psionic Recovery).

Keld Denar
2010-10-04, 12:53 PM
So, if you were an Ardent3/Warblade2 (or more likely Ardent2/Warblade2/Ardent+1), with Practiced Manifester(Ardent), which mantles would you recommend? Time + Freedom + ...Conflict?

DragoonWraith
2010-10-04, 01:13 PM
Swordsage synergizes better with Ardent than Warblade, due to Wis Manifesting + Wis to AC/Dmg-on-strikes.

Not familiar enough with the Mantles to say exactly which would be best.

Keld Denar
2010-10-04, 01:44 PM
Eh, with only 2 levels of Warblade, the only Int ability you have is +Int to Ref saves, which is meh. I'd rather keep the better BAB, better manevuer recovery, and better HD. Its just a thought exercise anyway.

Postmodernist
2010-10-04, 06:58 PM
That PrC is AWESOME! Begging the DM now to use it. What would be the recommended entry into it? Psion4/Warblade1?

EDIT: Or, y'know, Psion3/Warblade2. :smallredface:

Eldariel
2010-10-04, 07:16 PM
That PrC is AWESOME! Begging the DM now to use it. What would be the recommended entry into it? Psion4/Warblade1?

EDIT: Or, y'know, Psion3/Warblade2. :smallredface:

It's written a tad open to allow various entries to work; you can even enter without any martial adept levels (and even without any manifester classes if you really want to) though obviously it's best for multiclassed Martial Adept/Psionicist. I was going to play Warblade 1/Psion 4 in the game (that unfortunately got cancelled) I wrote that for.

Any combination of Swordsage/Warblade and Psion/Ardent/Wilder should work just fine though. Heck, Psychic Warrior could qualify in and of himself by going Psy War 5 and using the bonus feats for maneuvers; just houserule it to have full Initiator Level + some recovery and it'll be fine :smallbiggrin:

Keld Denar
2010-10-04, 07:41 PM
Check out Ardent from Complete Psionic. The max level powers they can learn is a function of their ML, rather than their class level. That means that with Practiced Manifester, you can lose up to 4 "psionic" levels and still hit 9th level powers at level 17. Since Ephemeral Blade loses 2 (at 1 and 6) that leaves you with 2 levels of a maneuver granting base class (either Warblade or Swordsage, or one of each), and still keeping on track. The suggestion I had was Ardent2/Warblade2/Ardent+1, but you could do Swordsage1/Ardent2/Swordsage1/Ardent+1 or similar. This gives you the optimal arangement for gaining 2nd level manevuers with the 2nd level, getting the skill points you need, and starting strong.

Ardent 2 gets you 3 mantles (2 at 1st, +1 at 2nd). Looking at Mantles, Freedom is pretty much a gimme for this character. +10 untyped speed while Focused. This'll stack with EB's stance that increases movement speed. It also has Dim Hop, an amazing power you'll want to use often with Diamond Rift Stance. It also has Hustle as a 2nd level power, Psionic Fly as a 4th, Psionic FoM as a 5th, and Psionic Teleport as a 5th.

Time has Anticipatory Strike, Time Hop, Temporal Acceleration, and Time Regression. The first 3 are pretty much AMAZING, especially for a gish. Its granted power is a +2 on Init checks, which is nice.

For your third mantle (a minor one), Conflict gives you Weapon Focus for free, Psionic Lion's Charge, and Immovability is decent. Otherwise Corruption and Madness or Consumption mantles gives you the Decerberate power, a Psychoportation Save vs Death (that isn't a [Death] effect) that is decently augemented by Diamond Rift Stance's +1 DC. You kill people by teleporting their brain...into your hand. Thats about as badass as it gets, and should come with a free +30 on all Intimidate checks made...ever.

Psion(Nomad or Egoist) would get you a much larger selection of powers, but you're progression would be stunted by the lost MLs associated with EB and the probably 1 level dip prior to starting EB (you'd probably go Warblade1/Psion4 or Psion4/Swordsage1). In the end, you'll probably end up taking a lot of the same powers like Dim Hop, Time Hop, Anticipatory Strike, and Temporal Acceleration, but you'll get them later.

Eldariel
2010-10-04, 09:23 PM
So, if you were an Ardent3/Warblade2 (or more likely Ardent2/Warblade2/Ardent+1), with Practiced Manifester(Ardent), which mantles would you recommend? Time + Freedom + ...Conflict?

Sorry, missed this. Yeah, those are fine. Fate is a good option too. Force is pretty nice and Natural World if you're interested in Metamorphosis (and some Tiger Claw :smallwink:) of course. Physical Power isn't horrible either.

Keld Denar
2010-10-04, 09:30 PM
Heck, if you wanted to get REALLY ambitious, you could do something like Warblade1/Ardent1/Monk2/Ardent+1/EphemeralBlade10/FistofZuokan5, splash in some Tashalatora for Ephemeral Blade, toss in some Sun School + Snap Kick for Diamond Rift telepouncing with Dimension Hop and 3 attacks (one of which is a martial strike) as early as ECL13 and still maintain 18/20 Ardent manifesting on a nearly full monk progression UAS chassis.

KAI YA BEECHES!

Zhalath
2010-10-04, 09:35 PM
You kill people by teleporting their brain...into your hand. That's about as badass as it gets, and should come with a free +30 on all Intimidate checks made...ever.

I may have to sig that.

Keld Denar
2010-10-04, 09:54 PM
Your welcome!

Think of it kinda like the bad guy from Temple of Doom. Except instead of his heart, its his brain. And instead of reaching into his chest with your hand, you're reaching into his head with your MIND. KALIMA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBIdcUxdgo0)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eldariel
2010-10-04, 09:57 PM
Your welcome!

Think of it kinda like the bad guy from Temple of Doom. Except instead of his heart, its his brain. And instead of reaching into his chest with your hand, you're reaching into his head with your MIND. KALIMA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBIdcUxdgo0)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in ur mind stealing ur brainz.

Keld Denar
2010-10-04, 09:59 PM
And thats why brain control beats mind control every time...

Endarire
2010-10-04, 10:18 PM
My Diamond Heart (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7686.0) PrC blends martial maneuvers and psionic powers.

Postmodernist
2010-10-05, 11:49 AM
Alas, the DM is adverse to homebrew, so it'll be a slightly modified Jade Phoenix Mage as the PrC. Still, your suggestions have been extraordinarily helpful. Any other build/feat suggestions? Recommended maneuvers/combos? Egoist or Telepath (Nomad)? I'm thinking that for ECL 10 Psion 4/Warblade 1/JPM 5 seems the best entrance, but correct me if I'm wrong. Also, why is Adaptive Style always recommended for Initiators? It seems less important on a Warblade than a Swordsage or Extra Granted Maneuver for a Crusader. Anyone care to enlighten me and dispel my noobishness?

Pechvarry
2010-10-05, 01:14 PM
No, you're exactly right. It's always nice on a Warblade, but it's practically [/i]required[/i] for a Swordsage. Even for a Warblade, I don't think it's really worth it 'til around 9+, when the gap between maneuvers known and maneuvers readied starts becoming large enough.

DragoonWraith
2010-10-05, 01:15 PM
Adaptive Style is must-have for Swordsages, because their Recovery method is hideous (full-round action to recover one maneuver; basically unusable). For Crusaders and Warblades, it's nice, but yeah, as a Crusader I'd definitely want Extra Granted Maneuver over Adaptive Style. As a Warblade... I'd want Extra Readied Maneuver if I could, but they can't. So yeah, Warblade, I'd probably not bother with most ToB feats. Stormguard Warrior is pretty good for certain builds, but other than that, meh.

Arbitrarity
2010-10-05, 01:25 PM
Modified JPM is solid. I was trying to compare Ephemereal blade to JPM, and it seemed a bit too good, with a capstone rather like Eternal Blade, and MUCH easier entry + psionics. Sure, free action on your turn isn't as good as immediate action, but the effect is similar for novas.

Entry looks excellent. Good timing of the Warblade levels.
Adaptive Style isn't too important on Warblades. It helps with mid-battle flexibility, but not much else.
You obviously want some concentration to save powers, and Insightful Strike. Action before Thought, Mind over Body, and Moment of Perfect Mind are all solid, depending on what you're concerned about most. You need to prioritize which in your build. If at all possible, get Iron Heart Surge, after clearing how it should be read with your DM. Fax or Saph had a good rewrite somewhere.
Mountain Hammer is a classic, mostly for smashing rocks and doors.
Stances... first level stances are mostly mediocre. Punishing Stance improves damage, at the cost of AC (good if you have many attacks), Blood in the Water is only for crit-fishers, Bolstering Voice is good, Leading the Charge is decent in melee parties, especially charge-happy ones. Stone Dragon stance is limited, but not bad, and Diamond Mind is... not that good.

Try to discuss what to change though. JPM gets...
Arcane Wrath
Rite of Awakening
Mystic Phoenix Stance
Firebird Stance
Empowering Strike
Quickening Strike

Devoted Spirit, Desert Wind

Ask for school access to Diamond Mind and Iron Heart (?) instead. At LEAST replace Desert Wind with Diamond Mind though.
See if you can trade Empowering Strike for 1/encounter Instant Clarity or something.
Modify Firebird Stance for something boosting psionic abilities, (aura of psychic pain + ML boost?).
Arcane Wrath is mostly decent because of the attack boost, see if you can get a better trade-off for PP than the spell level equivalents. 1d6/pp seems reasonable to me.
Similarly, Mystic Phoenix should probably grant DR equal to PP expended, but the table of "equivalent PP spent" works decently there.

Eldariel
2010-10-05, 01:48 PM
Ephemeral Blade was really balanced against Ruby Knight Vindicator rather than JPM since I always found JPM a bit lackluster.

Arbitrarity
2010-10-05, 01:59 PM
Ah, good point Eladriel. Still seems a bit too good, since the only abilities you're really balancing against are Divine Impetus and maybe recovery. (oh, and divine spellcasting being better than psionics... true, I guess) It just feels like you're handing out too many abilities to compensate for cheesed Impetus, because you're giving out...
Better maneuver selection (Iron Heart, Diamond Mind, White Raven are some of the best general schools)
A very strong stance (+3 attacks, saves, AC, damage, extra attack and 30 ft of movement? Whoa. Admittedly, you're likely to be losing psionic focus fairly often, but it's still good)
Channel Power, unlimited Instant Clarity, quick teleportation, ranged Strikes, an ability eerily similar to Shadow Pounce (easily abused with Anklets of Teleportation. Consider limiting to a teleportation effect created by a psionic power?), and an extra full round action 1/encounter.

Don't get me wrong. I love the class, and I'd like to play one. But its really easy to see how it is (or at least looks) significantly better than JPM, and only really balanced against abusive RKVs. Admittedly, I only refer to the class abilities themselves, since the class is fairly limited by the normal limits of psionics.

Keld Denar
2010-10-05, 04:19 PM
I guess I don't see a whole lot of point in making HUGE modifications to JPM (which essentially becomes the very homebrew he doesn't like) over using Ephemeral Blade. Why smash the square peg into the round hole and get something ugly, when there is a round peg right there?

Really, if you look at the level the abilities come in, they really aren't that over powered. Ranged manevuers...well, why not just manifest fly and walk up and hit the sucker? Because you have other fun abilities. Options = good. And the telepounce thing? Its mostly worse than other shadow pouncing options (Crinti Maurauder or Teflemmar Shadowlord) because you normally only get 1 attack (a strike, but still only 1 attack). It also requires you to be in that ONE exact stance, and changing to Diamond Rift from the more combat friendly Accelerated Mind stance is a swift action, which you'll be wanting to use for boosts, Dim Hops, Instant Clarity, activating items, etc. Swift actions are almost more valuable than standard actions here, this option isn't that much stronger than your other swift options.

I do think that the quasi-Island in Time ability is kinda strong though. You get it at 15th level, instead of Eternal Blade's 20th level. Sure, its not immediate like Island in Time is, but its still dang good. Combine that with Time Stands Still and a Belt of Battle to make 4 full attacks in one round is a bit much nova. (Since EB gives you a full round action, I'd assume that comes with an extra swift action to activate Belt?). Thats a bit more novay than I'd be comfortable with, but other than that...yea. Maybe change it to a standard action, which would again limit you pretty much to strikes or powers.

Eldariel
2010-10-05, 07:47 PM
I do think that the quasi-Island in Time ability is kinda strong though. You get it at 15th level, instead of Eternal Blade's 20th level. Sure, its not immediate like Island in Time is, but its still dang good. Combine that with Time Stands Still and a Belt of Battle to make 4 full attacks in one round is a bit much nova. (Since EB gives you a full round action, I'd assume that comes with an extra swift action to activate Belt?). Thats a bit more novay than I'd be comfortable with, but other than that...yea. Maybe change it to a standard action, which would again limit you pretty much to strikes or powers.

It only grants you a full-round action. But it's a free action to activate so yes, you do get a swift action to go with it. And no, it's nowhere near as powerful as Eternal Blade's level 10 ability. First, it costs you Psionic Focus. Much of the economy of the class (and Psionics in general) is built around juggling Psionic Focus. It's a very real cost, and the reason using the Mental Alacrity doesn't take an action.

And second, immediate action >>> swift action. That is actually another reason I made it a free action; Ephemeral Blade can use swift actions as immediate actions (by burning Psionic Focus) but not free actions. Interrupting someone's turn to do something is just insanely strong. I would know, I've ran a level 20 Eternal Blade before.

And yeah, the nova can seem scary but it's really nothing special on that level; Swiftblades are giving you extra standard actions, Ruby Knight Vindicators are giving you swift actions, Factotums are giving you standard actions, etc. I felt it kinda necessary to give some extra action ability for a class that's built around manipulating time. It could be an extra standard action too, but those are really plentiful; I wanted it to be something a bit more special and a full-round action felt about right. Sure, you can get lots of attacks but as an Ephemeral Blade, you probably aren't getting Time Stands Still before level 19 anyways so Time Stop, Temporal Acceleration and company have been around for a long time by then. And if you get Time Stands Still, you're probably giving up 9th level powers to do so; it seems like a fair trade (some Ardent-builds get both but give up power selection so that seems fine too).

Overall, I tried to build the class with powerful abilities but internal conflict in managing your economy. Psionic Focus is a large part of that, and the limit of one stance another. You have many powerful abilities but you can only use some of them due to said limitations. Ultimately, the class is all about options. That's why I wrote the entry as is; Psionic Meditation and Instant Clarity both work and there's a number of entries you can take, and you gain different benefits depending on your choices there. And Warp Blade is more or less a fluffy ability; I feel someone focusing on teleportation and temporal manipulation should be able to do stuff like that at a whim. I mean, that's his specialty; of course he's better at it than generalists! It frankly isn't all that powerful since that's generally one move action or less anyways, though it certainly has its uses.

The class was basically built to be a Chrono-Legionnaire with a lot less pattern-based combat style. Basically, a Chrono-Legionnaire with lots of options instead of the raw power Charge-focus grants you. That's why there's a lot of /encounter limitations too; you can use the tricks in each fight but only so often. This forces you into a very ToBbish fighting style of lots of tricks you vary between in each encounter.

Postmodernist
2010-10-12, 12:07 AM
Sorry to quasi-necro this, but I have a few more questions.

Preliminary sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=246564) for this character, still mostly a sketch. The sheet is very incomplete, and is still missing skills, level dependent bonuses, powers, feats, and a bunch of other stuff. 36 point buy, standard WBL. Tentative feats: Instant alacrity, psionic meditation, PA, Psionic weapon, and Deep Impact. The general strategy is to Hustle into place and combine deep impact touch attacks with PA and Diamond Mind damage multipliers.

Big Questions: What would be some good magic items for this character? Other maneuver/strategic concerns I should have? What are the must have psionic abilities? Am I missing some serious feats that would be worth considering (I dunno... Unnerving Calm, maybe)? Anything else I'm missing?