PDA

View Full Version : 4e Bloodlines

NotScaryBats
2010-10-04, 08:45 PM
I've read about the Dampyr, but when they revealed that bloodline in Dragon Magazine, they made it seem like there would be more to follow.

Thus far I haven't seen any other bloodlines - are there some out there that I've just missed?

Tiki Snakes
2010-10-04, 09:09 PM
I've read about the Dampyr, but when they revealed that bloodline in Dragon Magazine, they made it seem like there would be more to follow.

Thus far I haven't seen any other bloodlines - are there some out there that I've just missed?

Yeah, pretty sure there was a Deva related one, Vistani, and a few racial-varient ones, (such as dusk-elf, or various human ones). A good few are class or race specific.

There's also about half a dozen similar 'heritage feats' like Zombie Veteren, Ghost-touched etc in Dragon 371 apparently.

NotScaryBats
2010-10-04, 10:04 PM
Hmm, didn't see anything but Dhampyr in 371, but do you know where those other race specific ones are? I'm looking for a Lycanthrope heritage type feat for a PC.

Camelot
2010-10-04, 10:07 PM
Most of the bloodline feats they've made have been of player races. Damphyr and Vistani are the only others I can remember, though I'm sure there's a scattering of a few more. I think I'd remember lycanthropes, though. What race is the PC?

NotScaryBats
2010-10-04, 10:09 PM
Well, I was hoping to have a Shifter with a Werewolf for a mother, so is kind of more Lycanthrope-y than Shifters tend to be.

Camelot
2010-10-04, 10:12 PM
Well shifters are already pretty werewolfy. Almost any feat that has shifter as a prerequisite makes them more lycanthropic by giving them some bonus while they are shifting (+2 damage with CA, +3 damage on a charge, etc.).

NotScaryBats
2010-10-04, 10:15 PM
Hmm, perhaps I should just use those and fluff the rest then.

Too bad there's no Lycanthrope bloodline though . . .

Thanks for the advice!

Mando Knight
2010-10-04, 10:16 PM
There is no official lycanthropic bloodline as of now. However, Druid with a beast-form emphasis is fairly lycanthropic-feeling. If you're not a Druid and don't have a specific MC in mind, I'd pick that.

Thajocoth
2010-10-04, 10:35 PM
Isn't that what shifters are? Descendants of lycanthropes?

Mando Knight
2010-10-04, 10:37 PM
"Possibly." Just like Half-Orcs might be descended from some humans and orcs that decided to make a family.

BlckDv
2010-10-05, 08:47 AM
Not sure what levels your campaign will span; but there is a Shifter Paragon Path that is basically all about 'I'm more werewolfy'

I've got a Beastmaster Ranger playing in my game that has a wolf pet and that PP and has fluffed that the wolf is her brother.

Hzurr
2010-10-05, 10:37 AM
Wasn't that also an Elan heritage feat in one of the recent books?

Siegel
2010-10-05, 10:41 AM
There is also Deva Bloodline

DragonBaneDM
2010-10-05, 10:49 AM
Beware of Ninjas, Siegal.

And why not homebrew one alongside your DM? I'm sure once he sees how genuinely interested you are he'd be willing to help you come up with something flavorful and balanced.

Camelot
2010-10-05, 11:55 AM
Wasn't that also an Elan heritage feat in one of the recent books?

Yes, in Psionic Power, along with Foulborn.