PDA

View Full Version : New Ability Score bonuses for PHandbook races (v.4.0)

realbombchu
2010-10-04, 09:19 PM
I did not change the eladrin or the elf, but I changed the other races like so:

Dragonborn: +2 Str; +2 Wis or Cha.

Dwarf: +2 Con; +2 Str or Wis.

Half-elf: +2 Cha; +2 Con or Dex.

Halfling: +2 Dex; +2 Wis or Cha.

Tiefling: +2 Cha; +2 Con or Int.

Any thoughts or disagreements? Humans also remain unchanged. I think it works a little better this way, and it removes some of the appeal of PHB3 races.

Thajocoth
2010-10-04, 09:22 PM
WotC is already doing this. Found it: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/DNDessentials.pdf

Official:

Eladrin: +2 Int; +2 Dex or Cha.

Dwarf: +2 Con; +2 Str or Wis.

Elf: +2 Dex; +2 Wis or Int.

Halfling: +2 Dex; +2 Con or Cha.

Human: +1 At-Will Power or Heroic Effort racial power

realbombchu
2010-10-04, 10:27 PM
Wow, so I guess I was a little off the mark, but I'm glad they're making this change. I like the new eladrin stats. Do you know if this is/will be included in the Character Builder program?

Mando Knight
2010-10-04, 10:32 PM
Dragonborn don't strike me as being Wisdom-focused. Considering that there's already some amount of support for a Con-heavy DB (DB Paladins can take a feat to add their Con modifier to their Challenge damage, and Breath's damage keys off of Con without taking the feat to change it), I'd think that they'd have it as one of their floating stats.

Thajocoth
2010-10-04, 10:32 PM
Wow, so I guess I was a little off the mark, but I'm glad they're making this change. I like the new eladrin stats. Do you know if this is/will be included in the Character Builder program?

It will. They skipped September's update because of all the new stuff (I complained and got a refund for September.)

Dragonborn don't strike me as being Wisdom-focused. Considering that there's already some amount of support for a Con-heavy DB (DB Paladins can take a feat to add their Con modifier to their Challenge damage, and Breath's damage keys off of Con without taking the feat to change it), I'd think that they'd have it as one of their floating stats.

I'm guessing Con will be the new DB stat. Str/Con or Str/Cha as the two choices... It's not in that pdf. It might be in an essentials book... I don't know.

Kurald Galain
2010-10-05, 04:04 AM
I'm guessing Con will be the new DB stat. Str/Con or Str/Cha as the two choices... It's not in that pdf. It might be in an essentials book... I don't know.

It will be in HOTFK, which will be released in a few months.