PDA

View Full Version : Spell Powered Defence

Leon
2010-10-04, 09:20 PM
I have been working on a PC idea (Druidic Hunter Avenger) and have been thinking about armour options and making it different from just a "magic item" to boost the AC.

Mystic Tattoos

+4 to armour class (Deflection Modifier)

I was thinking of making it a 3/day and activated by dropping a spell into it to (similar to spont summons)

Duration ive not decided on but im thinking per spell level in minutes or 10 minutes

Thoughts, suggestions?

AugustNights
2010-10-05, 04:21 PM
What?
Are you thinking about changing the effective monk bonus to armor to a drop spell gain armor?
Or are you writing about buying a magical tattoo that allows you to use it 3/day and gain armor? (By dropping spells?)

If the former, I think 3/day is silly, and the armor bonus should be based on the spell.

If the later, I'd reccomend looking at Psionic Tattoos (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/psionicTattoos.htm) (fancy scrolls) and checking out the 'Use per day cost' in 'Making your own magical item' section here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm).

I often use 'Uses per day' tattoo 'items' that are activated by pressing the tattoo in my campaigns. They work out well. (These were at an inflated price because it functions as a wondrous item and not a scroll, as in one did not need to have the spell on their list, or even 'Use Magic Device.')

Leon
2010-10-05, 09:16 PM
Oh Thanks. I'd forgotten about Psionic Tattoos.
Yeah the latter is what im aiming for as a differnce to using a Bracers of Armour or such

AugustNights
2010-10-06, 12:59 AM
Double price of bracers of armor for a constant effect.
I'm sure the magic item compendium would have something to say for 'odd-ball' effects such as dropping spells to activate.

If you do go 'dropped spells' I'd recommend an armor bonus to AC equal to the level of the spell level dropped, functions for 1/round per CL of the creator, and is an intangible force armor.
I'd say base price should be about...?
Use as much as you like, just drop the spell first.
24.000 Gp.
([16,000 for Bracers of Armor +4]x1.5 for odd-ball effect, and slot-less item.)