PDA

View Full Version : Hp House rules Pass (pathfinder)

zalmatra
2010-10-04, 10:56 PM
This is a change to current hp rules involving fatigue among other things

its designed assuming two things
full hp every level and all Chars start out at level 3 and up

at half health you are fatigued>exhausted>sickened depending on your current state the lowest you can get is sickened if you are magically healed or make a dc 20 heal check even not to full health at this time it reverts you back to the state you were in before

at quarter health you are staggered like at 0 hp rules for taking a standard action you deal 1 damage to yourself per level a successful healing spell or heal dc 15 check halves the damage taken rounded down. But your body is broken and hurt and therefore you still take damage

at 10% health you fall unconscious and are bleeding losing 1% hp a round rounded down min 1

this applies both to the players and to npcs

do you think it adds more depth to hp?

zalmatra
2010-10-04, 11:32 PM
Will be posting different house rules as days go in in the next week or two im going to be posting a game

AugustNights
2010-10-05, 04:07 PM
Do you think it adds more depth to hp?

Yes, I do think it adds more depth to Hp, but I wouldn't use it. Ever.
Adding depth to Hp often means more cumbersome book work. Your proposed system is a lot more cumbersome book work. Keeping track of all the extra details does not seem worth the dramatic advantage.
If you want advise? Simplify. Hp is currently very simple. Too simple, true, but it's simple for a reason, if you wish to build a workable mechanic make it one that meshes with the game with more relative ease.
Stick to easy fractions (Halves probably nothing more) and simple formulas.
But that's just my 2 copper painted bronze pieces.