PDA

View Full Version : The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cleavon
2010-10-05, 02:01 AM
Your captivity has been long, and harsh. For the first few months, it was merely dark, little food, and beatings for any perceived insubordination. It never grew to be better. Now you are allowed out only under strict guard, to tend to farmland that is just outside the walls. Escape is near impossible during these outings, and many of you have tried and failed.

You know that the Festival of the Hunt has begun, the Rus that are holding you in Ruthorn speaking highly of it and almost lording it over you that they are able to freely worship and do as they please.

Then it happened. A chorus of warning horns sounded above the din of the feast. Even locked in your shackles you could hear the crash and clatter of weaponry and shield from the middle of the city. The battle is not visible, as the Prisoner quarters have no windows.

The battle has just begun, and already the sounds approach, screaming, battle cries and the sound of rushing footsteps are heard through the walls of your quarters, and soon you hear them approaching the small wing of the city you are kept in.

(Here is a map of the small wing you are in. Everyone is chained up in the left hand prisoners quarters, and can only guess about the battle at this point, though it certainly approaches. Feel free to do a sort of Intro and post up a position, along the wall at least ten feet from the door)

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/Fight1a.gif

Ipphli
2010-10-05, 02:51 AM
Gunnar stands in the middle of the room, facing the door. The tall, blond warrior continues to struggle to break his manacles, to no avail. His blue-eyed gaze is directed at the door, as though willing it to open. "Bah, if only my hands were free!" he grumbles for the umpteenth time. He glances at the other prisoners. "Flank the doors! They will come for us soon. I will not simply lie here and wait to die like some Rus!

drakir_nosslin
2010-10-05, 05:04 AM
From the corner next to the door a blonde, heavily built man looks up when Gunnar speaks. He smiles towards the warrior from where he sits, his back against the wall.
"I do not think that any of us will simply roll over and die here, my friend. If you can figure out a way to get me out of these chains I'll be forever grateful. The spirits are avoiding me while I'm wearing these." He looks with disgust at the silvery chains that hold him. The metal is covered in runes which occasionally glow red as Fengr tries to use his powers.
"This battle might give us the opening we need. Just remember to work together and we'll get out of here."
The young man stands, absentmindedly tugging the chains while studying the door, waiting for the battle to reach them.

Simba
2010-10-05, 08:09 AM
Valgard

A heavyset man with black hair raises his head and listens: "Seems like we finally get a chance."

He starts drawing something on the ground with his fingers, scatching it into the hard floor, right in front of his feet. It looks like a weapon, some kind of axe, with a heavy blade. "Let's see if this works here."

Valgard tries to inscribe a Power Rune 'Weapon' into the ground. He does not need anything to do it so it should work unless this ability is somehow blocked.

Description: Any individual may touch this rune to pull a standard weapon from it. This weapon may be any simple or martial weapon. As soon as that individual holds another weapon of any type (including one from the rune) the first disappears.

Cleavon
2010-10-05, 06:35 PM
Valgard
Your power rune: Weapon is ineffective at present, but you were able to scribe the correct rune into the wood. If you chains are somehow removed you will be able to activate it as normal

Tichrondrius
2010-10-05, 10:40 PM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

The beautiful but wild young woman pulled against her chains trying, in vain, to break them with sheer might. She made a sound like a tiger caged as she pulled against them with all of her power, looking ever much like the savage she was.

"..that isn't working.." She mumbled, more to herself, as she strained against the chains. One of her ears twitched as she listened to the sounds of battle raging not far from the cells. Kjersti longed to be out there in the midst of it.

"That should be me they're screaming about."

Simba
2010-10-05, 11:44 PM
Valgard

"Ok, the rune itself worked, once I get out if these chains one of you can grab a weapon from it. Maybe we can break the chains together?"

Valgard walks over to Gunnar and offers his help with removing the chain from the wall: "Let's try this together."

Ipphli
2010-10-05, 11:59 PM
Gunnar nods as he grips the chain tightly in both hands. Letting Valgard grab hold as well, the warrior pulls with all his strength, trying to rip the chain from the wall.

Strength check [roll0]

Cleavon
2010-10-06, 01:07 AM
Gunnar gives a mighty tug at his bonds, but even with help from Valgard the effort only serves to tire their arms. The chains creak and strain but remain completely intact.

The sound of fighting outside grows closer to the prisoners quarters, the ring of steel on steel coming from directly outside the walls, obviously some of the fighting has spilled over into this small wing of the city.

drakir_nosslin
2010-10-06, 08:21 AM
"Now would be a very good time for the gods to show some love for their children"
Mutters Fengr as he studies the failed attempt to break through the chains.
"What if we all try? These chains can't be indestructible and no one will notice if we make some noise right now, they're to busy to fight anyway.
He walks awkwardly towards Gunnar, hindered by his own chains.
"Right, come on everybody, if we do nothing we'll never get out of here."

[roll0] Str check to aid another.
EDIT: Well, that was for nothing then :smallsigh:

Simba
2010-10-06, 08:31 AM
Valgard

Valgard keeps helping in any atempts to break the chains.

Ipphli
2010-10-06, 09:57 AM
Nodding in agreement, Gunnar tries once more to dislodge the chain.

Strength check [roll0]

tonberryking
2010-10-06, 10:06 AM
Her movement is difficult given the damned chainshirt all but binding into the threadbare garments the matronly druid was forced into, her connection with nature severed. The connection to the strength in her arms is still around so Aldi tries what she can to contribute, throwing her weight into her own tugging.

"Who could be attacking our captors?" she grunts, pulling harder, "Allies from home? That damned dark lord we heard about so long ago?

Strength check: [roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2010-10-06, 10:09 AM
Ford

After sitting quitely and listening, Ford decides to see what he can do about his manacles. it wouldn't be the first time hes broken a pair. he begins fidgeting and straining to no avail. he walks over to the ring that attackes the chain to the wall and begins smashing the manacles against that for a couple of minutes.

*Grunt*

Ford takes several deep breaths, lets out a mighty bellow and begins furiously thrashing about like a wild animal.

Rage: 10 rounds
AC=10
Str=24
HP=54/54
OOC: alternating between attempting to break the manacles and tear the chain from the wall

Strength Check to tear the chain from the wall
+7 (str), +1 (trait)
[roll0]

Tichrondrius
2010-10-06, 10:23 AM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

Bristling with barely controlled fury, she notices what the rest are doing and tries to help at least one of them get free before they work on the others.

[roll0] to aid another. ^.^

Cleavon
2010-10-06, 01:39 PM
"Now would be a very good time for the gods to show some love for their children"
Mutters Fengr as he studies the failed attempt to break through the chains.
"What if we all try? These chains can't be indestructible and no one will notice if we make some noise right now, they're to busy to fight anyway.
He walks awkwardly towards Gunnar, hindered by his own chains.
"Right, come on everybody, if we do nothing we'll never get out of here."

[roll0] Str check to aid another.
EDIT: Well, that was for nothing then :smallsigh:

Valgard

Valgard keeps helping in any atempts to break the chains.

Nodding in agreement, Gunnar tries once more to dislodge the chain.

Strength check [roll0]

Her movement is difficult given the damned chainshirt all but binding into the threadbare garments the matronly druid was forced into, her connection with nature severed. The connection to the strength in her arms is still around so Aldi tries what she can to contribute, throwing her weight into her own tugging.

"Who could be attacking our captors?" she grunts, pulling harder, "Allies from home? That damned dark lord we heard about so long ago?

Strength check: [roll0]

Ford

After sitting quitely and listening, Ford decides to see what he can do about his manacles. it wouldn't be the first time hes broken a pair. he begins fidgeting and straining to no avail. he walks over to the ring that attackes the chain to the wall and begins smashing the manacles against that for a couple of minutes.

*Grunt*

Ford takes several deep breaths, lets out a mighty bellow and begins furiously thrashing about like a wild animal.

Rage: 10 rounds
AC=10
Str=24
HP=54/54
OOC: alternating between attempting to break the manacles and tear the chain from the wall

Strength Check to tear the chain from the wall
+7 (str), +1 (trait)
[roll0]

Kjersti Grimsdottir

Bristling with barely controlled fury, she notices what the rest are doing and tries to help at least one of them get free before they work on the others.

[roll0] to aid another. ^.^

Unfortunately, the chains resist all attempts to be broken thus far. The fighting is sparse, but can be heard directly outside of the surrounding buildings. There is a crash against the wall of your building, and then the sound of more fighting. The Door to your building flies open, part of it splintered by a large axe. Two men fly into the room, the man with the axe is another Ru, a neighboring tribe that is hostile towards the denizens of Ruthorn. He cleaves the guards head in twain with his axe and stands, surveying you all. He grunts and slams his axe into Fords chain, snapping it from the wall, and then swings and snaps Valgaards chain as well. He grins. and shouts:

"Help us Destroy these bastards!"

He turns in his blood lust to the door and a thrown spear sinks into his chest, and sprouts out his back. He howls in rage and crumples to the ground dead. The headless corpse in front of you is armed with three daggers, a longsword and a heavy wooden shield. The dead man with arrows in his chest was armed with a greataxe and has three hand axes on his belt.

Out the door you can see the other Prisoners Quarters has been opened in a similar fashion, and the men there are pouring out, and being slaughtered. You notice they are trying to arm themselves and are having a hard time handling the sparse guards left.

Another thing to note, the headless corpse has the key ring commonly used on your manacles hanging from his belt.

Gamblerjoe
2010-10-06, 03:59 PM
Ford (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=243883)

Ford staggers forward as his chain is broken. still stuggling with his manacles he stumbles into a wall.

Rage round 2/10
Strength Check to break manacles
[roll0]

After hitting his head on the wall, Ford regins his composure. still in a wordless rage he turns to the group continuing to struggle with his manacles to no avail.

drakir_nosslin
2010-10-06, 05:37 PM
Looking at the door, and then the headless guard, Fengr hobbles across the floor and picks up the keys.
"I swear, these chains are getting tighter and tighter. Lets just hope that this thrice cursed rus indeed carried the keys to our cell"
While the first key doesn't fit to his lock, nor the second, the third does and within seconds the silver chains fall off Fengr's body, allowing him to once again call upon the spirits of his homeland.
"Finally!"
He feels a surge of power, and his eyes flare blue for a moment as his soulmelds form over his body. His face is covered by a blue tinged, slightly transparent mask depicting a a dragon like creature and behind him the head of a wolf seems to hover, fangs bared. A fur of some sort forms to cover his upper body, almost like the bear hides worn by the berserkers of legend. Then, blue mist seems to evaporate from his body, gathering around his torso before taking the shape of two arms, just below his real ones. Claws grow out from his fingers, and a ghostlike hand replaces the one he sacrificed many years ago.
Grinning wide and with eyes blazing Fengr throws the keys to his companions.
"Free yourselves, it is time to go hunting!"

I'm assuming that the keys fit now, as you implied that in your OOC post Cleavon. If I'm wrong I'll edit accordingly :smallwink:
Initiative [roll0]

Cleavon
2010-10-06, 05:47 PM
The keys do indeed fit Fengrs manacles, and the other keys on the ring would logically unlock the rest of you.

Ipphli
2010-10-06, 06:50 PM
Gunnar grabs the keys out of the air and swiftly unlocks his chains, then tosses the keys to someone else. Dashing forward towards the door, the barbarian takes cover by the wall, peering out to assess the situation. He reaches forward and takes hold of the greataxe, claiming it for himself.

Spot [roll0]

tonberryking
2010-10-06, 07:05 PM
Aldi scrambles for the keys; the weapons are of little use to her compared to something more vital, more natural. She's eager to free her arms but with her first free tug on the chain shirt, she realizes something..."One of you lunks help me out of this rusted bodice before it becomes part of my skin! I need to be able to cast spells as soon as possible.

Cleavon
2010-10-06, 08:46 PM
Gunnar
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/Fight1b.gif

You see several dead Prisoners, who had been freed from the other quarters. The enemies labeled B1-4 are barbarian grunts that you have seen around Ruthorn many times. The Enemies labeled W and N are two over seers whose faces you know, both are barbarians one wears wolf furs and the other wears the furs of a bear. Both are instructing the lackey barbarians to not allow any prisoners to escape.

Simba
2010-10-07, 01:06 AM
Valgard

Valgard frees himself once he gets the keys, then takes one of the daggers to free Aldi.

Ipphli
2010-10-07, 01:38 AM
Gunnar speaks over his shoulder, letting the others know what he's seen. He grips the greataxe tightly as he grins wolfishly at the others. "Odin has delivered our chance for vengenance, but its up to us to take it. What do you say brothers and sisters?"

Tichrondrius
2010-10-07, 06:10 AM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

Kjersti is the next to take the keys, unlocking her chains quickly and leaning down next to the man who sacrificed his life to free them. "Whatever your motivation, thank you, my friend." She spoke softly, removing two Handaxes from his belt with a gleam in her eye.

"I say we take it with full lust of battle. Whether we die here or not, we'll at least make them know they have faced the sons and daughters of Odin." She tightened her grip on her new Handaxes. "And if we should fall, may we taste the sweet nectar of the afterlife. I'll see you in Valhalla."

Kicking aside remains of the door, Kjersti stepped outside and looked for the nearest person with arrows. Someone was going to pay, and killing the person who rescued them was justification enough.

"For Odion! For Tyr!"

Initiative: [roll0]
Spot Spot Spot the Guy: [roll1]

Gamblerjoe
2010-10-07, 08:44 AM

Ford, looking angry and confused, picks up the end of his chain. doubled over, it is about 2-3 feet long. he storms out the door and charges the nearest enemy with it.

Simba
2010-10-07, 08:47 AM
Valgard

Once Aldi is free of his chains Valgard activates his rune and picks up what looks like a waraxe typically used by dwarves. Waiting for Aldi to be ready, he coordinates his exit from the prison building with that of the druid.

tonberryking
2010-10-07, 10:52 AM
"Sweet freedom... I don't suppose you can conjure bow and arrows?" she asks of Valgard, appropriating the dagger from him long enough to pull the spear out of the corpse of their liberator. It's a job she doesn't seem too aghast at performing, as she grips its bloodied half with the determination shared by her comrades. She'll be dead before she gets stuffed back into a chain shirt and servitude.

Simba
2010-10-07, 11:26 AM
Valgard

In response to ALdi's question Valgard draws another rune on the floor, this time the rough outline of a bow and quiver. "There you are. Pick it up!"

Ipphli
2010-10-07, 01:03 PM
Gunnar grins and follows Kjersti out the door. Setting his sights on the overseer with the wolf pelts, he charges at the man, greataxe held ready to cut him in half. "For Odin! For Thor!" he yells, working himself into a rage.

Charge W., raging 8/8 turns
Power Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Cleavon
2010-10-07, 04:20 PM
Everyone
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/Fight1c.gif

Gunnars Charge out the door is successful in putting him right up into battle with the wolf pelted overseer. His axe slams into the mans shoulder, jarring him to the side, and he brandishes his bastardsword in both hands, howling like the wolf that he seeks to emulate. The wound is deep but he still has fight left in him.

Kjersti Can easily make out the Barbarian guards standing about, and has full opportunity now to make use of her new handaxes.

Ford Even in his confused and engraged state it is easy enough for the Half-Orc to find one of the Barbarian guards and Wield his chain with furiously anger (Attack roll incoming I assume!)

Valgard easily activates another rune for Aldi, and is now free to exit the building at any time.

Aldi Grasps the short spear in her hand, and notices the new rune scribed by Valgard.

Fengr Is able to see some of the things going on outside, and seems fully ready to join the fray outside the building.

The battle that raged on in this part of the city seems to have receded, the other prisoners all defeated. The corpses of some barbarian guards strewn about as well as a few corpses of the raiders.

Weapons that can be picked up as a Move action
Longsword (3)
ShortSpear (2)
BattleAxe (2)

Also
Heavy Wooden Shield (3)
Horned Helmet (mostly for looks :D) (2)

Gamblerjoe
2010-10-07, 04:48 PM

Attack Roll
:smallfurious:Rage: round 3/10
melee: +4 (bab), +7 (str), -4 (improvised weapon)
[roll0]
[roll1]

drakir_nosslin
2010-10-07, 05:02 PM
Fengr watches as the rest of the group arms themselves and charge into battle, weapons raised high while he gathers the spirits around him. With is power fully restored the totemist follows the rest of the warriors out into the corridor, but instead of a head on charge, the warrior from the west stalks slowly out through the door like a predator closing in on its prey.
Claws leading he approaches one of the Rus, and then, with a sudden burst of speed he lunges, lashing out with his claws.

Move to enemy B1 (30 ft. if I counted correctly)
Provokes AoO I guess.
Attack with Girallon Claws [roll0], damage [roll1]

Cleavon
2010-10-07, 05:45 PM
Ford Slams his chain forward but finds only the Barbarian Guards shield.

Fengr Moves out, his totemic visages looking fierce as they hover about him and he approaches Barbarian guard #1. His claws of the Girallon Rip into the mans belly, causing him to cry in pain as he attempts to ready himself to attack.

tonberryking
2010-10-07, 06:15 PM
Tucking the (short)spear into her sash, Aldi grasps for the bow and arrow as made by the runes, preferring what she knows best. She tries to take stock of how many arrows she'll have, allowing herself a position in back for obvious reasons...

Tichrondrius
2010-10-07, 06:22 PM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

"It almost isn't fair to fight." She smirked and tossed her hair out of her face, "For them." The barbarian girl added, starting to laugh crazily as she locked her eyes on the nearest Barbarian, B1. He was the closest. It had probably been him with the arrows.

Oh well. They would all be dead soon enough.

Her maniacal laughter turned into a guttural scream as she let a ferocious rage wash over before going wild-eyed and charing at him. At the last moment she pounces through the air to come down on the distracted guard, both axes barred, striking him first with one and then the other.

Declaring Dodge on poor B1. Pouncing to charge and make a full attack on him too, with both those nice little axes.

Rage Round 1/7

Handaxe 1 Attack Roll: [roll0]
Handaxe 1 Damage Roll: [roll1]

Handaxe 2 Attack Roll: [roll2]
Handaxe 2 Damage Roll: [roll3]

Cleavon
2010-10-07, 07:53 PM
Current Positions
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/Fight1d.gif

Gunnar The wolf pelted barbarian raises his bastard sword and hacks at you with fury in his eyes.

[roll0] Viscious bastardsword chop!
[roll1]

The barbarian Guard behind the wolf pelted man approaches Gunnar and hides behind his shield, striking out with his battleaxe.

[roll2] Battleaxe!
[roll3]

The Wolfmans sword finds home, biting into gunnars flesh for 14 points of damage.

The battleaxe swing by the Barbarian guard goes wide.

Cleavon
2010-10-07, 07:57 PM
Kjersti and Fengr

The Barbarian guard in front of you looks badly wounded, and hides behind his shield. He looks for a place to retreat, but has no good avenues of escape. He seems afraid to strike out at the Totemist, and his Battleaxe feebly chops at Kjersti.

[roll0] Battleaxe Chop at Kjersti!
[roll1]

The wounded barbarians battleaxe swings wide of Kjersti.

Cleavon
2010-10-07, 08:01 PM
Ford

The Barbarian guards that have encoutered the Half-Orc hold their shields up, wary of that swinging Chain, but his first missed attack gives them a bit of confidence, both of them chopping at the big man with their battleaxes.

[roll0] Battle Axe chop number 1!
[roll1]

[roll2] Battle Axe chop number 2!
[roll3]

Both battleaxes find home, and Mister Ford is slammed for 11 and 5 damage, respectively.

Cleavon
2010-10-07, 08:05 PM
Valguard and Aldi

Valguard was easily able to supply Aldi with a bow and arrows, and the druid drew them forth and moved out.

The Bearskinned Barbarian moved up and upon spotting the druid without her chainshirt bindings on shouts,

"They have their bindings cast off! Watch for trickery from this lot!"

He moves up to his current position.

Ipphli
2010-10-07, 08:26 PM
Gunnar merely snarls at the overseer as the man's sword his home. The barbarian lashes out once more, letting loose his anger in a wordless yell as he does so.

Greataxe [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Rage 9/10

Tichrondrius
2010-10-07, 09:19 PM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

Moving deftly away as the swing goes wide of her, Kjersti licks her lips and watches the frightened guard. "That's a nice axe.." She says with admiration, lifting up a Handaxe in her right hand before laughing lowly in her throat. She catches the Totemist eye. "Oh, was that one yours?" Shes ask mockingly, looking past the Totemist to where Gunner is facing two warriors- one looking more impressive than the rest.

With a scream of absolute fury she charges across the field to where Gunner is and leaps into the air once more, pouncing on the Wolf Pelted Barbarian to strike him with her Handaxes.

Declaring Dodge on the Wolf Pelted Barbarian. Pouncing to charge and make a full attack on him too.

Rage Round 2/7

Handaxe 1 Attack Roll: [roll0]
Handaxe 1 Damage Roll: [roll1]

Handaxe 2 Attack Roll: [roll2]
Handaxe 2 Damage Roll: [roll3]

drakir_nosslin
2010-10-08, 01:49 AM
Fengr grins at Kjersti and her comment.
I'm more than willing to share... but before he has time to finish the sentence, the young barbarian has already charged another foe, leaving him alone with the frightened guard. Fengr crouches even lower, his entire body tenses for a moment, then he strikes out again towards the Rus. His four arms tear in at the man, all from different directions, their claws aimed for weak flesh.

Full attack against the guard.
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

Gamblerjoe
2010-10-08, 10:15 AM

Further enraged after getting hit by the guards in front of him, Ford strikes with mindless ferocity.

:smallfurious:Rage: round 4/10
HP: 38/54
AC: 10
attack B3, power attack for 4
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Simba
2010-10-09, 03:43 AM
Valgard

Having finished supplying his fellow prisoners with weapons, Valgard grips the Axe he draws from the first rune, then charges out into the frey to engage one of the foes close to Gunnar and Fengr, ending his charge with a single sweep of his axe.

charging barbarian B2:
attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

tonberryking
2010-10-09, 10:53 AM
Giving herself a 'mulligan' of sorts after so long away from precious archery, Aldi takes a step to her right putting her in line of the third attacking barbarian (B3) with one arrow notched and another between her teeth ready to join the first. She fires off two rapid succession shots, silently dealing death around her louder brethren.

Moving diagonally down/right one square to get into a straight line against B3, using rapid shot w/ point blank bonus:
Arrow 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Arrow 2 [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

How many arrows do I have and is there an STR bonus to this bow?

Cleavon
2010-10-09, 03:03 PM
Current Positions
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/Fight1e.gif

Gunnar

Your axe finds home, the wide blade slamming a wound into one of the wolf pelted mans thighs. He snarls in rage and bellows out.

"Destroy them men! Don't let these whelps escape our clutches!"

He brings his bastardsword to bear once more against Gunnar.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Ouch, the sword slams home for 15 points of damage

Cleavon
2010-10-09, 03:07 PM
Fengr

The barbarian guard in front of Fengr seems in dire straits. He is torn up badly from Kjerstis hand axes and the Girallon claws of the totemist. He seems intent to fight though, knowing that running from battle would get him killed as quickly as anything Fengr has to offer.

He swing his battleaxe feebly forth, hoping to score at least some sort of vengeance for the grievous wounds he has recieved

[roll0]
[roll1]

Cleavon
2010-10-09, 03:10 PM
Kjersti

The barbarian guard Kjersti moved away from takes the opportunity to swipe his axe at her as she delves further into the melee.

Attack of Opportunity
[roll0]
[roll1]

One axe slams home into the wolf pelted mans shoulder, and he howls in rage, instructing the barbarian guard to take care of her. the guard in front of Gunnar turns his battleaxe towards Kjersti!

[roll2]
[roll3]

B1 hits with his attack of opportunity when Kjersti moved awayB1 Misses, due to Kjerstis Mobility :smallbiggrin:, and B4 Missed badly in defending his over seer.

Cleavon
2010-10-09, 03:16 PM
Valgard

Valgards charge is successful in wounding the barbarian guard(B2) that he approached and attacked. The Guard readies himself and finds Fords flailing chain to not have found home yet. He turns his attention to the New arrival and swings his battleaxe for Valgard.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The Bear skinned warrior shouts

"These wretches are putting up quite a fight! Come boys, lets show them what we've got!"

He steps up and swings at Valgard, hauling a mighty Maul from his back and swinging the two handed hammer at the runelord.

[roll2]
[roll3]

The Bear pelted mans Maul connects for 13 points of damage, and the Battleaxe of the Barbarian Guard(B2) also slams home for another 9 (ouch!)

Cleavon
2010-10-09, 03:20 PM
Ford

the barbarian guard in front fo Ford seems cocky, and lets out a bellowing roar, seemingly attempting to intimidate the Half-Orc. It doesn't seem to work in any way shape or form, and he decides that another attack withhis battleaxe is in order.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The battleaxe slams home once again, for another 11 points of damage.

Cleavon
2010-10-09, 03:21 PM
Aldi

Though Aldis arrows found only the Barbarian Guards shield, the druid is in a well protected position.

drakir_nosslin
2010-10-09, 03:51 PM
Fengr

The totemist is so intent on offense that he barely notices the axe biting into his left shoulder, a little higher and he would have been decapitated. Now however, his armor absorbs most of the blow, but blood still seeps forth trough the rings of his mail and down along his arm. Pausing for a moment, Fengr nods approvingly towards his opponent who has shown courage in the face of death.
"You fight without skill, warrior, but bravely. Odin will look favorably upon you as you stand in front of the gates to Valhalla."
Then he lunges again, aiming for the already deep wounds the man has sustained.

HP: 40
AC: 16
Full attack, B1: [roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7]

Ipphli
2010-10-09, 05:54 PM
Gunnar lets out another bellow of rage as the man's sword bites home once more. Gritting his teeth, he doesn't even seem to feel the pain of his wounds as he lashes out at the man once more.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Rage 8/10

Tichrondrius
2010-10-09, 09:12 PM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

The girl laughed lowly in her throat as she moved past the injured barbarian's strike before coming down on the wolf-pelted one. Grinning with satisfaction as axe struck flesh, she was startled when he ordered B4 to attack her. Quickly regaining herself, she jumps backwards, leaving one of her Handaxes embedded in the wolf-pelted barbarian. B4's attack swings wide and Kjersti almost falls over a corpse behind her before leaning down to liberate a very nice thing she noticed..

Standing and howling like a wolf she attacked B4 full on with her new Battleaxe.

Declaring Dodge on B4.

Rage Round 3/7

Battleaxe Attack Roll: [roll0]
Battleaxe Damage Roll: [roll1]

tonberryking
2010-10-10, 01:00 AM
Aldi's eyes flutter in annoyance and cursing her ill practice, takes two more shots with her arrows at the same unlucky barbarian, wondering if irony of ironies his round shield reminded her of a classic bullseye.

Arrow 1 [roll0] damage: [roll1]
Arrow 2 [roll2] damage: [roll3]

Gamblerjoe
2010-10-10, 09:39 AM

Growing more and more frustrated, Ford continues wildly flailing his chain at the guards in front of him.

:smallfurious:Rage: round 5/10
HP: 27/54
[roll0] [roll1]

Cleavon
2010-10-11, 04:03 PM
Valguard's Action [OOC: Posting his Actions in combat till Simba returns]

Valguard is fairly Wounded by the assault of the Bear Pelted barbarian, and swings his dwarven Waraxe at the man, before stepping back to check the severity of his wounds.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Cleavon
2010-10-11, 04:18 PM
Current Positions

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/Fight1f.gif

Gunnar

Gunnars sword bites into the Wolf pelted man and he raises his own sword in both hands, to strike down at the barbarian, but his breathe leaves him and his eyes roll back, crumpling to the ground in a bloody heap of wolf pelts and flayed flesh.

Cleavon
2010-10-11, 04:20 PM
Kjersti

The Barbarian guard sees his overseer fall beside him and he raises his shield in Gunnars direction, fearing the same fate. When Kjerstis newly found battleaxe slams into him though, he almost considers retreat, when faced with such foes. He steels himself though and strikes out at the woman.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The Barbarian guards(B4) axe bites deep and he grins in glee as he feels Kjerstis flesh give way under his blade. 12 damage!

Cleavon
2010-10-11, 04:22 PM
Fengr

The claws of the Totemist tear into the near helpless barbarian guard, and he falls under him, the girallon claws tearing the life from him and leaving him a slashed up mess.

Cleavon
2010-10-11, 04:23 PM
Aldi

Aldis arrows fly towards the Barbarian Guard that is in front of Ford, and one finds home, sinking into the mans thigh.

Cleavon
2010-10-11, 04:28 PM
Ford

Fords flailing chain continues to keep the Barbarian Guards on the defensive, It still hasn't found much in the way of damaging them.

The Barbarian guard in front of Ford looks warily at Aldi and keeps his sheild in her direction, hoping to not take much more archer fire.

In the meantime he strikes out at the Half orc once more.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Ouch! The battleaxe slams into the fearless half orc once again for another 12 points of damage!

Cleavon
2010-10-11, 04:49 PM
Valguard

Stepping back from the Bear pelted warrior only brings him forward, but upon seeing his Wolf pelted comrade fall he growls in rage and spits new orders to his troops. Turning towards

"You! Attack the woman, Do not let her behind us! Press the attack you whelps! Avenge the fallen!"

B2 rushes away from Ford, To confront Kjersti, stepping over the body of his fallen comrade.

Cleavon
2010-10-11, 04:52 PM
Current Positions(B2 Moved :smallbiggrin:)
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/Fight1g.gif

Gunnar

The Bear Pelted warrior turn to you after bellowing his orders, and screams a challenge as he swings his mighty Maul.

"I will split your skull and drink to your bones!"

[roll0] Mighty swing of his Maul, Power attack for 2

[roll1]

The bear skinned warrior howls in rage as his Maul slams into the ground missing Gunnar

Cleavon
2010-10-11, 04:58 PM
Kjersti

B2 moves up to your position, as ordered by the remaining Overseer and makes a single swing of his Battleaxe at the fierce woman

[roll0]
[roll1]

Much to his dismay, His swing goes far wide of Kjersti.

Cleavon
2010-10-11, 04:59 PM
Ford

B2 exposes himself to an Attack of Opportunity as he moves.

Tichrondrius
2010-10-12, 01:19 AM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

The young warrior woman let out a shriek as the blade of the axe struck home into her. Dancing backwards out of the way, she bit her lip and composed herself quickly, using the pain and turning it into rage. Her eyes narrowed as she blocked B2's blow with her axe before advancing on B4 and striking him with all weapons.

Declaring Dodge on B4.
HP: 34/46

Rage Round 4/7

Handaxe Attack Roll: [roll2]
Handaxe Damage Roll: [roll3]

drakir_nosslin
2010-10-12, 04:41 AM
Fengr

The totemist watches as life flees from the guard's eyes with his claws buried deep in the mans neck and chest. As the body falls to the floor Fengr turns, blood dripping from his hands and arms. Once again he crouches down into his hunting position and advances towards the warrior in the bear pelt. As soon he is within range he strikes out towards the man, spraying him with blood from the fallen.

Move: to M,N 13,14.
Attack: Bear Warrior, N [roll0] [roll1]

Ipphli
2010-10-12, 05:43 AM
Gunnar merely grins as the overseer's actions fail to back up his words. Swinging the greataxe, he aims to put the man down quickly.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Rage 7/10

Gamblerjoe
2010-10-12, 12:24 PM

Ford swings for the legs of the guard trying to move away.

AOO
trip attempt
[roll0]

Ford's Turn
:smallfurious:Rage: round 6/10
HP: 15/54
OOC: if the trip works, this attack is at the prone guard. if the trip does not work, this attack is at the only guard left based to Ford.
[roll1] [roll2]

Simba
2010-10-13, 12:49 AM
Valguard

Recovering from the shock of his wounds, Valguard takes a step towards Gunnar and brings his axe down in a powerful stroke at the enemy fighting him.

attacking B4: [roll0] damage: [roll1]

tonberryking
2010-10-14, 12:10 AM
Aldi wants the barbarian dead, wondering to how many arrows her summoned set came with before she lets another few arrows fly. Perhaps she simply doesn't care; firing off as many arrows as existent into her captors.

Arrow 1 [roll]1d20+6[/spoiler [roll0]
Arrow 2 [roll]1d20+6[/spoiler [roll1] Buggery. I fudged the command, so I'm posting the to hits in OOC. >_<

Cleavon
2010-10-14, 01:04 AM
Current Positions
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/Fight1h.gif

Ford

Your trip attempt is successful(good chance you would have beaten him, so giving it up to you to advance, my bad for forgetting to do the opposed) and your chain smashes into the downed Barbarian Guard.

B2 takes his new turn to stand, provoking another attack of opportunity He swings his battle axe at ford, provided he lives through this new attack of opportunity(If memory serves me right He went, then you went then his turn again, so new round, new AoO)

B4 has been destroyed by the combined efforts of Kjersti and Valguard.

Cleavon
2010-10-14, 01:06 AM
Fengr

the bear skinned warrior turns, seemingly not caring his about his gravely injured state and turns his ire towards the totemist.

"Whelps! You will never be able to defeat the hordes of the Ru's!"

His Maul swings forth with all his might.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Take a mighty 14 points of damage from the swings of the bear warriors Maul.

Cleavon
2010-10-14, 01:19 AM
Revised Positions
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/Fight1i.gif

Aldi

The arrow riddled barbarian decides its more prudent to get away from the raging chain wielder and breaks off, to move and attack Aldi.

He swings his battle axe at the woman as soon as he reaches her.

[roll0]
[roll1]

the battleaxe hits home for a healthy 9 points of damage

Cleavon
2010-10-14, 01:21 AM
Ford

never rolled for B2's attack on you, provided he lives through standing.

[roll0]
[roll1]

B3 also provokes, so if for some reason you would give up your attack on B2, you may take your AoO on B3.

B2's swing goes wide, provided he gets to make it

drakir_nosslin
2010-10-14, 01:35 AM
Fengr

The maul strikes Fengr hard in the side and he can feel ribs breaking beneath its power. His vision blurs for a moment, threatening to leave him disoriented, but the totemist shakes it off, laughing.
"Whelp, eh? Hubris is not the virtue of a warrior."
He straightens and looks the Rus, still grinning like mad, then he strikes, all four claws tearing in at his opponent, aiming for the major arteries.
Full attack at mr. bear pelt.
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7]

Simba
2010-10-14, 02:21 AM
Valgard

Valgard moves to join Aldi in her fight, putting ass his might into a downward swing at her enemy.

attack (PA+3, flanking): [roll0]

Ipphli
2010-10-14, 09:10 AM
Gunnar grins at the bear-clad overseer's back as the man turns away from him. "I'll show you what happens when you turn your back on a warrior of Nelgaard!" Taking a step forwards to better align himself with the man, the barbarian swings his greataxe at the man with all his might.

Take a 5 foot step to gain flanking on Overseer

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Gamblerjoe
2010-10-14, 09:57 AM

As soon as the guard posts his hand on the ground to stand, Ford swings for his head.

AOO
:smallfurious:Rage: round 7/10
Attack: [roll0] Damage[roll1]

Ford's Turn
attack the same guard, if he is dead, attack B3.
Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

tonberryking
2010-10-15, 12:20 AM
Keeping one hand on her new, temporary bow, Aldi reaches with her other hand for the recently acquired spear and tries to put it back in another body, this time the attacking barbarian's.

I miss my archery already...
Spear: [roll0] damage: [roll1]

Tichrondrius
2010-10-15, 09:33 PM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

"And you can not stand up to the might of me and my comrades! See your warriors fall and despair!" She yelled out, swinging her axe to throw off the blood of the defeated Barbarian. Then she let out a ferious scream and pounced at the Bear-Skin wearing Barbarian.

Declaring Dodge on Bear-Skinned, and Pouncing him with a Full-Attack.

Rage Round 5/7

Cleavon
2010-10-16, 02:08 AM
Current Positions
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/Fight1k.gif

Fengr, Gunnar, Kjersti

The Totemists claws sink into exposed flesh on the bear pelted warrior, and Kjerstis quick movements bring her hand axes to bear against him as well. Cut up and staggering a quick downstroke of Gunnars axe sends the man to his knees, and he crumples in a bloody mess as the three warriors stand around him.

Ford

When the tripped guard took the time to stand up, he found only Fords flailing chain to meet him, and his head split wide from the force of the blow. halfway up, the man crumples back to the dirt his eyes lifeless.

Ford turns and steps to the remaining barbarian guard, and narrowly misses the now quite frightened and injured man.

Valguard and Aldi

Valguards axe chop cleanly misses the man, finding nothing but air, the power of his chop sending dirt flying as his axe grazes the soft dirt.

Aldi's spear thrust finds home, the man dodging Valguard only to find the tip of that thrusting spear, and his fate looks even more grim than it had been before.

He makes a last ditch effort to swing his battle axe at Aldi, in an attempt to gain some vengeance for he and his fallen comrades

[roll0]
[roll1]
Aldi
The axe swing chops a gash along Aldis thigh, dealing out six points of damage

Gamblerjoe
2010-10-16, 10:03 AM

(last round)

Ford's chain busts the guard's head like a grape and the chain continues toward the guard standing next to him.

cleave
:smallfurious:Rage: round 6/10
attack info
Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

(new round)

Ford continues pressing the attack, ignoring his grevious injuries.
Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

Cleavon
2010-10-16, 05:17 PM
Round Advancement

Ford

Ford's cleaving chain and subsequent movement to swing the mighty flailing weapon once again destroys the remaining Barbarian guard! The bloody chain carries rivulets of blood and even a chunk or two of flesh.

Cleavon
2010-10-16, 05:26 PM
From behind the parties position, the Fighting seems to have picked up, and is threatening to spill over into the wing of the city that they are in. The gate at the far end of the wing leads out to more tilled fields, and has only a small latch on its large doors for ease of the commoners use when bringing in wagon loads of produce.

There are no sounds of fighting from outside said gate, and once outside its heavy doors freedom lies in any direction that may be traveled. The kingdom of Nelgaard is a three and a half day trek north. It is two days to make it out of the borders of the Ru land, and another day and a half to make it to Brummundal once in familiar territory.

Once outside the gate: weapons, armor, and shields are easy to find. (Feel free to take one weapon, armor and shield that suits your needs, all Mundane non masterwork in fine shape)

Here is a list of the adventuring gear available:

Bedroll- 2
Backpack-1
50' Hemp Rope- 1
10' Ladder- 1

Ipphli
2010-10-16, 06:11 PM
Gunnar quickly goes about the bodies, gathering up a greatsword and a suit of scale mail. He also picks up a backpack, some rope, and the flint and steel. After donning the mail and slinging the backpack with its equipment onto his shoulder, he turns towards the others. "We can try and save more of our countrymen, or save ourselves. Since we can't know where they are if they live, I vote we save ourselves. We'll return some day and avenge each and every one of them, I swear it."

Gamblerjoe
2010-10-16, 07:27 PM

Ford regains himself and takes a few deep breaths. He removes his manacles and does a quick scan of the fallen soldiers, he grabs a breastplate and a falchion. He also cuts some strips of cloth off of one of the guards shirts, then heads out into the tilled fields.

Tichrondrius
2010-10-16, 07:28 PM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

The rage churned inside of her as she stifled a roar outside the gates. She was following Gunnar and glancing around at all the weapons and bodies.. it was almost too much, even for the hardened warrior.

"We should stand and fight! Make them pay now while they are weak!" Kjersti asserted to Gunnar. "Who knows whom else of our clan they may have captured? I'll stop fighting when they pry this axe from my cold dead hands- For the Glory of Asgard!" She yelled, spotting the closest barbarian she didn't recognize and pouncing on him, axes barred.

Declaring Dodge on Random Barbarian, and Pouncing him with a Full-Attack.

Rage Round 6/7

Gamblerjoe
2010-10-17, 09:55 AM
Ford

Ford moves throught the gate, and sits down briefly in the field. he ties strips of cloth around his deepest wounds, and dons his new breastplate. then he slings his falchion and scabbard over his shoulder and moves out.

He begins his long trek. he doesnt know how to get anywhere from here, and sign posts arent going to help with that. His plan is to just move away from this place.

drakir_nosslin
2010-10-17, 12:14 PM
Fengr

The totemist takes a deep breath as the last enemy falls to the ground, wincing at the pain from his broken ribs and the cut in his shoulder. Then he follows Gunnar outside and starts equipping himself from what has been left behind on the dead bodies. He soon finds a chain shirt that's still intact, its wearer having died from what looks like a sword blow to the head. The bloody armor fits him reasonably well, and the familiar weight on his shoulders feels comforting. Fengr also manages to scavenge a backpack, some rope and a old bedroll. As he finishes packing his equipment he turns towards Gunnar.
"I agree. There is not much we can do right now. Most of us are wounded and we can't take another fight like the last one. We can do more for the other prisoners if we come back when we've prepared for it."
He looks out over the field, away from their prison and sighs.
"It's going to be quite a journey to get back home. Why don't we stick together until we've reached someplace safe?"

Simba
2010-10-17, 12:50 PM
Valgard

Valgard picks upa breastplate and starts putting it on. If a shield is available he will take one, too. Once he is ready he will look at the others to see what has been decided in the meantime.

Ipphli
2010-10-17, 01:05 PM
Gunnar calls out to Kjersti, "Kjersti, wait!" He runs over towards her, but is careful not to grab her; there was no telling what she might do. "We don't even know where our comrades are, if they even live. We are wounded, lost, far from home. If you go into the city you will die without saving anyone. And you'll get me killed, because I won't let you go in there alone.

I swear to you, we will return at the head of an army, to free our comrades and bring the wrath of the gods down on these Rus. But right now we must get home, tell our brethren where the others are, give them all the intelligence we can."

Cleavon
2010-10-17, 03:54 PM
Kjersti & Gunnar

The barbarian guard that Kjersti found was wounded, and had been attempting to get to a safe place to attempt to tend to his wounds. Unfortunately for him Kjersti's pouncing charge destroys him where he stands, leaving her to look between Gunnar, and the raging battle before her...though her rage will certainly run out before she can enter more combat :smallbiggrin:

Valguard

Valguard easily finds a worthy shield and notices Ford getting up and making his way away from the place, the wind cold and biting, but no snow having fallen yet this season

Fengr

Just as you mention sticking together, you notice the possibly not all together there Half-Orc sort of..wandering off in slightly the wrong direction.

Ford

The land looks bleak, and there is a road North, though it winds off to the east and is not exactly the way back to Nelgaard, though you'll need someone to tell you such :thog:

Tichrondrius
2010-10-17, 08:10 PM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

What can almost be described as a howl erupted from Kjersti's lungs as she pulled up her axes out of the recently killed Barbarian. She started to take a step over him to find more battle, but stopped as she heard Gunnar call to her. "See how easily they fall?" She said back to him, shaking off her axe to make the blood splatter onto the body below her.

Suddenly, her face grew pale and she looked almost sick. She managed to compose herself as she cleaned off her weapon quickly and put them away, but stumbled over away from her newest body to throw up.

"..You're right, lets go." She said after a moment, looking around for the nearest escape.

Ipphli
2010-10-18, 01:19 PM
Gunnar nods before turning and heading back out the gates. After taking a moment to get his bearings, he groans and looks down at himself. His adrenaline and rage had finally given way to the pain of his wounds. Finding a (mostly) clean shirt, he rips it into strips and uses it to bind his wounds. Feeling slightly better, he heads off, hoping to be long gone before dark.

Gamblerjoe
2010-10-18, 01:19 PM

Ford shambles back into the city, and back toward the holding cells, mumbling under his breath. "There must be some damn food on one of these animals." He begins searching the pockets and sacks of the fallen guards. After giving up (or succeeding) he spots a 10' ladder. After dragging his fatigued bones all the way back to the holding area, Ford wasnt about to leave empty handed.

On his way back out, Ford sees his fellow former prisoners converging around the tallest, blondest one. Given his experience with strangers in the past, Ford never considered asking anyone for help or frienship before. His instinct is to walk past them, through the gate, and then in a random direction. Even Ford knows that a few days of traveling through wolf territory in the cold requires spectacular luck just to live long enough to starve to death.

:thog: "You folks sticking together then? Two heads are better... uhh... safety in... err... i have a ladder!"

tonberryking
2010-10-18, 10:50 PM
"We should take to the woods," Aldi announces, having thrown on some hide armor and boots she pulled off a man who was relatively the same frame size as hers, though the armor still is a bit tight. Regardless, she's found a scimitar to fit her hand and a pick of her bow, but what's pretty astounding is the massive bushel of arrows she has, all a mix and match of many feathered shafts and arrowheads crammed between two quivers mounted on her back like a shell.

"By dawn, my magic and ally gaining powers should be returned to me. If we head home through the closest forest area and double around if necessary, then Odin willing it'll be as if we vanished and we can return without a pack of these scourges on our heels."

Ipphli
2010-10-18, 10:53 PM
Gunnar nods to Aldi. "Very well. If you can erase our trail, so much the better. Let's get going before the fighting returns this way."

Simba
2010-10-19, 12:39 AM
Valgard

Valgard joins the others, noding when taking to the woods is suggested. "A sound plan. Let's get going before someone takes an interest in us!"

Cleavon
2010-10-19, 01:28 AM
Scene Advancement

Once everything is in order, you are all able to make your way into the forest. The forest land is rough, but you stay within earshot of the road. Nothing passes up or down it, and the thick trees are able to shield your progress until it begins to become dark.

After a few more hours marching you are able to find several tight clusters of fur trees, giving plenty of shelter from the wind and nice pine straw to rest on. There isn't much else, though a fire could easily be made and there are enough rocks to form a pit if the want for heat is there.

At this point the party has traveled as far as possible during the day, and the wounds of battle make camping the only option for the next eight hours.:smallsmile:

*Edit* The attack at Ruthorn happened near Mid day, and you were able to get in a half days trek before succumbing to weariness and making camp

Healing
Anyone with Heal can make heal checks to expedite healing as they wish. A successful DC 15 heal check will allow for 2 HP per level to be healed over the nights eight hour rest period.

Also, Aldi may have healing to provide to the party as she decides upon.

drakir_nosslin
2010-10-20, 09:26 AM
Fengr

The battle outside their cell and the hasty retreat through the forest has left the Totemist tired and he is more than happy to rest when the group finds a good place to set up camp. He rolls out the old bedroll he found and sits down slowly, ribs and shoulder hurting. After having rested for a couple of minutes Fengr yawns and starts looking around for a suitable place to make a fire.
"I guess that we'll survive the night here, though a fire might help. Wounded as we are we shouldn't sleep cold, it'll just take longer for the body to heal properly."
He looks at the others and smiles.
"At least we're out and on our way home. Tomorrow, I'll start foraging as we go, I think that we won't need to go hungry either."
With that said, he starts to build a simple pit to light fire in, deep enough that the light won't be easily visible from a distance.

Gamblerjoe
2010-10-20, 12:47 PM

The trip is tiresome, but force marching with wounds is familiar territory for everyone in the group. Ford gives everyone one apple, and enjoys one himself. At the campsite, he drops the sack of food near the pit, and goes to gather fire wood.

Simba
2010-10-21, 12:51 AM
Valgard

"Well, we made it and I am glad to be in your company. Let me help you, Ford."

Valgard joins Ford in gathering firewood.

Ipphli
2010-10-21, 04:39 AM
Gunnar grunts in thanks as he bites into the apple. He sits down hard, obviously feeling the full effects of his many wounds now. He glances at the others gathering firewood and pulls out the flint and steel in readiness for when they get back.

Tichrondrius
2010-10-21, 08:16 AM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

The barbarian woman kept holding her stomach and was still pretty sick from coming down off her adrenaline rush and brutality of combat. At the campsite she just sat there for a little bit before walking off to join Valgard and Ford.

"I guess we'll have a lot of firewood." She said mirthlessly, hoisting up her axe.

Cleavon
2010-10-26, 03:36 PM
Scene Advancement

The border of the kingdom of Nelgaard is easy to see on the horizon, and when your weary eyes find it it hardens your resolve to cross over into more friendly territories before making camp for the night.

It has been two days since the battle in Ruthorn, and through rest and the druids spells all wounds have been healed. The terrain changes into a more open scrub land, the trees of the Ru kingdom falling away into patches of alders and open scrub land.

Once across into the easier terrain another happy sign is found. Smoke on the horizon, but only a thin wisp. It is finally seen to come from a medium sized farm, several tilled fields and a handful of cattle in a large pen near the main building.

A pair of men tend to one field, roughly three hundred feet away with a single Ox and a plow. Only a half mile from the border of the Kingdom of the Ru's, this farm is known to be run by Hjald Lieffson.

OOC
Advancing the scene to prevent the game from stalling for too long, I figure that getting it steam rolling along to the main points will be ll for the better.

The raiding party from Brumunddal stopped at this farm for provisions and rest before entering the Ru kingdom those nine months ago, so the owner is known.

drakir_nosslin
2010-10-26, 04:37 PM
Fengr

"Finally a peaceful land in sight! When we get back to Brumunddal I'm going to sleep for two days straight."
The totemist is in a much better mood now than during their first night after having escaped. His wounds healed and with Neelgard in sight Fengr feels like he's starting to be in control of his life once more.
"Well, why waste more time here? In less than an hour we could be home again!" He says, eager to cross the border.

Gamblerjoe
2010-10-26, 04:55 PM
Ford

"Then let's press on, and maybe 'ole Hjald will be willing to help out some of his people again."

Ipphli
2010-10-26, 10:11 PM
Gunnar nods in agreement with the others. "Aye, friendly faces at last. We're practically home. Come, lets go see if Hjald can spare some food and information, and hopefully a warm place to sleep." He confidently strolls up to the farm, calling out to the farm hands as he approaches.

Simba
2010-10-27, 01:53 AM
Valgard

"Nice to be in friendly territory once again. Let's go and rest some, then we should decide what to do next."

Tichrondrius
2010-10-27, 03:52 AM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

Kjersti rolls her neck while massaging her shoulder with her right hand. Her body wasn't yet adjusted to the life of a Barbarian. That long battle right out of the cage and now this journey.. it had really taken it's toll. And she hadn't been sleeping well either. Not that the floor of a jail or a Master's Harem Room were much different than the hard ground- indeed, the ground was better than those by far since she could look up at the stars. No, it had been the memories. Kjersti wasn't a weak person by far but her free spirit had been particularly darkened by her time there and that was hard to get past. It was hard to just.. go back to normal after this. She wanted to run back there and burn that entire place to the ground. Her rage boiled just beneath the surface but she keep it in check.

She probably would have if Gunnar hadn't talked her down. Kjersti looked over at him and brushed some wild hair out of her face. She had been rather muted these past two days and hadn't talked much except to complete tasks, so she hadn't properly thanked him for not letting her get herself killed. Kjersti tried to move as subtly as she could up next to him while they walked so she could talk to him. "Hey, Gunnar, I-"

It seemed she traveled too subtly. Most of the ones in front that were focused forward had seen the farm before she had, but she recognized the geography of where they were already so it was no surprise to her that they were near to her homelands. It did seem extremely surreal so she hadn't had much of a reaction yet.. she hoped this was temporary. She wanted to be her usual exuberant self again.

Hjald Lieffson. That's the guy that ran this farm. She tried to picture him in her head and found she couldn't quite recall. Kjersti just hoped he was still friendly after all this time.

She was going home.

A wide smile broke her lips as she rushed forward after Gunnar. "Hey, you guys!"

tonberryking
2010-10-27, 11:51 PM
Aldi stays silent; the farmlands hold little promise or hope for a druid. However, the heavy padding of the black bear's paws --she's given him the name of Hoga-- come as an assurance. Aldi spent most of the trip back in silent communion with nature or making sure her new companion knew how to behave when she wasn't healing the party. She tried to strike up conversations, but had little to offer beyond things she wasn't sure the others would appreciate. The coming of dawn, the winds under the boughs...

"We should seek council with my elder druids; they'll be able to help us more than any of our friends and family." she offers, though inwardly she wonders about the hovel she made for herself on the other side of their home. The one where she had kept company with stray cats...who have amassed large numbers in all likelyhood by now. She hoped it wasn't overrun.

Cleavon
2010-10-28, 12:08 AM
As the Party approaches and the farm hands hear Gunnars call to them they look up from their work, and begin calling out behind them. Soon a tree of a man appears, a large axe on his shoulder, though not one made for battle, he appears to have been chopping wood. He sets the axe down and hollers up towards the group

"Come down travelers, though slow If you don't mind."

Hjald and the two farmhands leave the Ox for the moment and walk cautiously towards the party until they are within easy sight distance, and Hjald grinned wide, tossing his arms out wide.

"By Odens beard! Its been near on a year since you lot passed by this way. I never forget a face, and these were ones I thought I might not see again! I had figured your expedition had met their fate on the battle field against the Rus, or you had come back to Brumunddal by some other way."

He shook his head and motioned for them to follow.

"Come, the stew is on and it grows later in the evening. Eat something and tell me of your journeys and conquests and at dawn we'll take a wagon to the city."

With that he lead the party into the farm house, and the two farm hands went back to tending the field, Hjalds thick hipped wife chopping meat and adding searing it in the fire before tossing it into the stew, Hjald ushering the party to sit in the large open front room and make themselves comfortable

Ipphli
2010-10-28, 12:19 AM
Gunnar looks at Kjersti curiously as the farmer approached. Hearing the man's words, he grinned and moved to walk next to him. "Aye, I never thought we'd see home again either. We were prisoners. We'd still be prisoners, except someone attacked the Rus. Were beating them pretty good too last we saw. You'd do well to keep an eye out; they could be heading for here next."

His stomach rumbles at the sight of the stew, and the barbarian laughs good-naturedly at himself. "But enough of such talk for now. I believe you offered food; Thor himself couldn't outeat me tonight!"

Gamblerjoe
2010-10-28, 06:16 PM
Ford

"Would ya believe it Hjald... after our trek into the Ru kingdom, those motherless dogs didnt send me to Valhalla, they put me back in chains! Big ones too! They had this ole' ox haulin' carts around for months." Ford cant keep himself away from the stew for another second. "But thank Strudder, we got away and found you my friend." He proceeds to compliment the stew through a series of slurping noises and belches.

Cleavon
2010-10-28, 10:53 PM
Hjald seems thoughtful as he works a hand through his beard. He grasped a horn from the kitchen, a great large one from some b east and filled it with rough mead, raising it up to the travelers and giving a toast to their successful return to their homelands before slugging it down, mead dripping down from the corners of his mouth.

Hjald's stout wife was sure to serve everyone as they wished to be, and after everyone had their stew she offered Aldi some of the tougher meat for her bear, should it be hungry.

Hjald sat then in the common room with the party and held his refilled horn of mead in both hands, garnering the attention of everyone so that he could tell them of things that had transpired while they were captured.

"While ye were gone, Nelgaard was quite normal, at first. Only troubles we had were off to the south east border, where the Fire Giants raid through Ru land and sometimes cross our borders. Some months ago though, they say a Horde marched from the heart of Elsimar.

The tribes of nomads living in northern Fangoren brought word to Relthorn and Grenfel that ta great number of warriors was on the move, and word just recently reached Us here. The druid council in Brummundal must know more, and I am sure that if what we've heard is true they would be greatly happy to have some of their lost warriors returned to them!"

Ipphli
2010-10-29, 04:25 PM
Gunnar nods, a frown on his face. "Possibly the same group that attacked the Rus and enabled us to escape. We'll leave in the morning, return straight to Brummundal. Of course we'll offer our services to the Council."

drakir_nosslin
2010-10-30, 03:18 PM
Fengr

"And if it was the same group they do have some decent warriors with them. It is no easy feat to take a Rus town by force."
The totemist adds, standing with his arms crossed and leaning towards a wall. Having had his fill of the stew and finally on familiar ground, Fengr is starting to feel normal again, but this new threat is disturbing news, especially for one who had hoped to relax for a time before setting out on the warpath again.
"The council will have my help, should they want it. I do not wish to see Brummundal burn if there's anything I can do to stop it."

Tichrondrius
2010-11-01, 07:52 AM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

Kjersti idly nibbles on some food, quite unlike the others. She hasn't had much of an appetite sense this horrible experience, but hopefully it would return in time. She stares wistfully off into space lost in thought unlike someone mentions that the Horde is still here in her homeland. She growls lowly in her throat.

"We will drive this scourge from our homeland back to where it came from- and finish it there." Her grip tightened on the utensil she was eating with, her knuckles whitening.

Simba
2010-11-03, 02:14 AM
Valgard

As Fengr speaks, Valgard nods, adding his consent to the words. "I will do what I can to help."

Cleavon
2010-11-03, 06:39 PM
The night grows longer and Hjald shows the lot of you to a Barn near the main house. there are many hay piles and his wife has laid out a large stack of blankets. He bids you all a good night and that they will wake the party for a light breakfast just before daybreak so that the trip to brummundal will begin as soon as possible.

Morning

Everyone wakes to the sound of two Farm hands, which you saw with Hjalds Ox the other day, screaming for Hjald to come outside, that there is something coming from the sky.

Under investigation, Hjald is seen rushing to the back of his farm house, where a pen of milking cattle are kept. He pokes his head around the corner and screams towards the barn and where the party is stirring.

"We need some help over here! Somethings after the Cattle!"

With that Hjald ducks back around the corner and is out of sight, and when someone happens to look up a winged reptilian beast roars, hovering just above the farm house, and then disappears, landing in the back yard.

Map
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/Farmencounter1a.jpg

OOC
Everyone is able to get up and grab anything they need and get out of the barn in time to see the creature land and Hjald calling for their aide. I put you all on the map, hope that's ok!

Also- F1/2 and HJ and Farhand1 and 2 respectively and Hjald.

aB is Aldis bear.

Ipphli
2010-11-03, 07:52 PM
Gunnar

Gunnar growls as he sees the beast. "Damn demon of Loki!" Pulling out his greatsword, he roars an oath to Thor as he charges at the beast.

Charge! And Power Attack [roll0] [roll1]

Cleavon
2010-11-03, 09:26 PM
Enemy

The reptilian beast has taken its round landing inside the fence and striking at a cow with its tail, which is tipped with a barb. The tail misses, and it turns and roars towards the gathered party, noticing the gathering threats.

Tichrondrius
2010-11-03, 09:57 PM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

Kjersti was no stranger to sleep with lots of men so she was feel rested in the barn, but awoke to a rude event. Something was hear attacking the cattle. She gathered up her things as quickly as she good, wishing for her equipment she knew awaited her back home. Griping the Battleaxe in one hand and the Hand Axe in the other she glimpsed the beast that assailed them, just in time to see Gunnar charge it. And it didn't look happy.

Good enough for her.

"For Tyr!" She bellowed out as the rage overtook her once more. The feelings and darkness within her about her captivity channeled into a furry that the gods wouldn't want after them. She gritted her teeth and growled before charing at the thing right after Gunnar. Then she tried to leap onto its back and swing some bladed pointy things into it.

Declaring Dodge on this thing, and then giving him a good Pouncing charge.

HP: 46/46

Ferocity: 1/7

Jump Check: [roll0]

Battleaxe Attack Roll: [roll1]
Battleaxe Damage Roll: [roll2]

Handaxe Attack Roll: [roll3]
Handaxe Damage Roll: [roll4]

Gamblerjoe
2010-11-04, 12:27 AM
Ford
"Over here beast! Lets see you try to eat something that fights back!" The grizzled hatchet-faced humanoid draws his falchion and cautiously moves himself between the monster and Hjald.

Simba
2010-11-04, 02:06 AM
Valgard

Valgard rushes at the monster as well, following Gunnar to end up right beside him. He raises his Axe high, then chops down in a powerful blow.

charge attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1], doubled by the sword rune (first use of the day)

AC 19 (-2 from charge, +2 from Rock Rune)
HPs: 38

I hope there was time enough the day before to have these runes inscribed on weapon and armor before we went to sleep. This will be my standard setting for now.

Active Runes:

Armor Rune: Rock (+2 AC)
Weapon Runes:
Razor:
This rune adds extra sharpness to the blade or point of a Rune Lords arrow. This causes the Rune Lords weapon to act as if it were two size categories larger. E.G A 1d6 weapon now deals 1d10. A 2d6 weapon now deals 3d6 and so on.
Sword: This grants +2 to all melee attacks made by the Rune Lord and allows them 2/day to double their damage so long as they have been wearing this rune for over 1 hour.

drakir_nosslin
2010-11-04, 07:17 AM
Fengr

Fengr had woken up an hour before the others to prepare his soulmelds and just as he exits his meditation he hears the call for help from the farmhands.
Rushing out along the others, the totemist quickly seizes up the enemy before moving around it to get a better attack position. Once there he lashes out with his newly bound claws.

Move to H25 and attack
[roll0] [roll1]

Gamblerjoe
2010-11-05, 04:12 AM
Ford

After taunting the beast, Ford works himself into a frenzy, and takes a swing with his falchion.
:smallfurious:Rage: round 1/10
HP: 54/54
AC: 15

Cleavon
2010-11-06, 01:04 AM
Current Positions
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/Farmencounter1b.jpg

Attack results

The monster is severely wounded, its wings and tail whipping about in any attempt to stave off the attacks of the party.

Gunnars charge was met with only a buffet of the creatures wing, and he swung wide.

Kjersti was unable to get a good bite into the creatures flesh with her pouncing charge, both attacks thwarted by the creatures quick movements.

Valguards axe chops home and cleaves a large furrow into the creatures side, and it emits a shriek of pain.

Fengrs attack leaves claw marks down the creatures back.

Fords mighty swing of his falchion leaves a gash in the creatures forelimbs.

Aldi directs her bear to protect the farmhands and it moves into position.

Monster!

Valguard- The monster feels you are the greatest threat thus far, so bears down on you with its Sting and Bite attacks.
Attacks

Sting- [roll0] Sting damage- [roll1] (DC 17 fort save on hit)

Bite- [roll2] Bite damage- [roll3]

Fengr- the monsters wing lashes out at Fengr.

Wing- [roll4] Wing damage- [roll5]

Kjersti- the monsters second wing darts in at Kjersti.

Wing- [roll6] Wing damage- [roll7]

Ford- One of the monsters claws slashes forward at Ford.

Claw- [roll8] Claw damage- [roll9]

Gunnar- The beasts second claw arcs in towards Gunnar.

Claw- [roll10] Claw damage- [roll11]

Cleavon
2010-11-06, 01:11 AM
Valguard- The barbed tail spikes through your defenses.

Take 9 damage and make a DC 17 fort save.

Fengr- The wing finds home, though only scrapes along your arm.

Take 3 damage

Kjersti- Kjersti is able to avoid the monsters attack.

Ford- The beasts claw rakes your side.

Take 8 damage

Gunnar- The beasts claw is able to smash at your arms and chest.

Take 13 damage

Gamblerjoe
2010-11-06, 06:35 AM
Ford
Ford takes the blow and sidesteps into 27E. As the beast turns its attention toward Valguard, Ford strikes out of his blind spot.
:smallfurious:Rage: round 2/10
HP: 46/54
flanking (+2)

Tichrondrius
2010-11-06, 10:32 AM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

Kjersti dodged adeptly, growling low in her throat, and moved around it to try and get at the beasts eyes when it dipped in for a bite attack.

Declaring Dodge.

HP: 46/46

Ferocity: 2/7

Ipphli
2010-11-07, 01:03 AM
Gunnar ignores the beast's attack, instead swinging his greatsword at the thing once more.

Attack (21) [roll0]

drakir_nosslin
2010-11-07, 04:28 AM
The beasts large wing strikes Fengr on the side of his neck, drawing blood and probably causing what will turn out to be a huge bruise. The feral man responds with all his might, clawing at the beast like a wild animal.

Full attack!
Attack Roll: [roll0], damage: [roll1]
Attack Roll: [roll2], damage: [roll3]
Attack Roll: [roll4], damage: [roll5]
Attack Roll: [roll6], damage: [roll7]

Cleavon
2010-11-10, 01:19 AM
The beast roars against this new assault, and it sputters and chokes, roaring back as if to strike at the party again with its wings and claws, but a gurgling is heard from its throat and it slumps down into a heap of scaled carcass.

Hjald is relieved, none of his cows were damaged, though he is certain that Valguard will require further medical attention.

Valguard
Take Six points of constitution damage! Ouch!

Hjald rushes into the farm house and when he returns he gives Valguard a small bottle with green liquid inside, about one ounce to be precise. He ensures him it will help greatly with the venom he was injected with.

Turning to the party Hjald shakes his head and speaks.

"I can't thank you all enough for rushing to our aid. Such creatures don't come around the farmlands too often but when they do its usually pretty bad. We were lucky to have you around. I feel indebted to you for risking yourselves, and I've decided to hook up my wagon with my team of horses and take you all to Brummundal myself. Should be there by midday if we leave within the hour."

Simba
2010-11-11, 12:34 AM
Valgard

Shaking from the effects of the venom and greatly weakened by it, Valgard takes the small bottle and drinks its contents in a single gulp.

Ipphli
2010-11-11, 12:36 AM
Gunnar nods to their host. "Thank you Hjald. We are in your debt. I am ready now; if I did leave anything behind, you are welcome to it."

Cleavon
2010-11-11, 12:45 AM
Valgard

Shaking from the effects of the venom and greatly weakened by it, Valgard takes the small bottle and drinks its contents in a single gulp.

Your constitution remains lowered, but you now do not have to make the secondary save.

Simba
2010-11-11, 12:56 AM
Valgard

Valgard nods towards Hjald, thanking him for the potion.

Gamblerjoe
2010-11-14, 07:32 AM
Ford

"That'll learn the bastard! Do these beasts trouble you often old friend?"

On the ride to Brummundal, Ford is mostly quiet, keeping his eyes to the sky. Not the most perceptive individual, he only anticipates whatever is directly on his mind, which in this case is the threat of an airborne attack.

Tichrondrius
2010-11-14, 11:26 PM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

That beast had attacked so suddenly. Would battle follow her all of her days? Of course, she was a Barbarian. A survivor. Battle was no new concept to her rough hands and worn heart but now she was just tired of it. The slavery had taken a lot of her fight out of her and left a hollow empty feeling. Only the rage could make her feel alive.

That was the rub, wasn't it? She didn't feel like fighting anymore but fighting was the only time she ever felt really alive. In these slow moments she felt almost like she was fading out of existence. She was so hollow on the inside that it hurt. Darkness had taken up residence inside her heart. A desire to cause pain and see the whole world burn. The rage came from pain but it made her feel human. It was dark and addictive.

Kjersti looked over to her allies nearby. It wasn't exactly roomy is this wagon but she was used to close quarters. She looked out towards the sides of the road and desired just to run and frolick freely. To play like she had as a young girl. It had been all she wanted to do since escaping but they hadn't had the time. They had to get home first. And make those bastards pay.

"I hope it isn't long to Brummundal, my friends. My heart longs for more sights of home and comfort. A decent axe.." She gives a dismissive look at the stolen axe hanging at her belt.

Cleavon
2010-11-17, 11:10 AM
The wagons wheels creaked along the dirt road, slight bumps and dips in the road making the ride uneven, though still much more comfortable than walking the long road.

As the road winds upwards, passing through hills and around small bluffs the terrain is dotted with boulders and other detritus moved by ancient glaciers and now covered with grass as if growing into the countryside.

After an hour or two of Hjalds voice coming up every now again to spur on his team, his farmhands often jumping down to tighten yolks or fix lines along the beasts harnesses they crested a small hill, which brought the journey to higher land, a few thin whisps of smoke flowing up into the air, behind a heavy wooden wall.

Soldiers, draped in furs with shields slung over their backs and spears at their sides patrolled the walls, mere ants from the perspective of length the party was at now, but little more than a half mile from their home, Brummundal.

Hjald turns to the party and grins toothily, picking his hi mead flask and nodding for the farmhands to hand out some drink to the gathered adventurers.

"Drink hearty warriors, your home is upon you. The druids circle will be more than pleased for your return. A true blessing from Oden!"

tonberryking
2010-11-18, 02:12 AM
Aldi passes a chance to drink with the wave of her hand.

"I wish to wet my lips first with water from my... our... home." she explains, rubbing some sort of oily substance on her pilfered bow. She's been keeping to herself for a while, a long while, alien to the others aside from the black bear which has thus dutifully followed close by. And probably been the more sociable of the pair. Prison seems to have changed the druid immensely. Before their capture, Aldi was quiet but not as severe, and was more awkward about it. Now she seems cold as the mountain hills where Frost giants would gather...

Ipphli
2010-11-19, 05:09 PM
Gunnar eagerly takes the proffered drink and raises it in a toast towards Brummundal. "To Brummundal, home of heroes!" With that, the barbarian takes a large swig of the mead. Smacking his lips, he grins at the others. "Let come what may, we're home!"

Cleavon
2010-11-20, 10:16 PM
Hjald took the horn back once it had made its rounds, fixing it back to his belt and snapping the reins to make the cart regain its momentum. Soon the fields fell away, the distance melting as the bustle of the city walls were looming above the wagon.

Hjald halted at the gate, and stood in the drivers seat with his arms wide as the two guards addressed him.

"Hjald! You've already been to the city this month what brings you back to us?"

"I bring wayward sons and daughters of Brummundal back to their rightful home! Oden has blessed their journey and brought them back to the bosom of Nelgaard!"

The guards eyes went wide as they surveyed the carts occupants, and the gate came open quickly, several bearded men working the large doors. Hjald drove the cart inside, and one of the guards came down from his post to look upon the party his grin wide.

"The Druids will be most amazed, and your kin must be notified. We were all fearing the worst when we lost a raiding party."

The man turned and left at a jog, the second guard coming down and instructing Hjald to bring the cart around to the council hall, and soon he had parked the cart along side, a familiar face appeared from the council hall.

Tejhnar, the High Druid of Brummundal and speaker for all Druids in Nelgaard came directly to the cart, sweeping his arms out wide with a hearty grin.

"Welcome home. We have much to discuss. Your families and friends are being gathered to greet you as we speak, and are being brought here to the council hall. Please, I have instructed a feast to be gathered to herald your return! Let us gather in the council hall and eat and drink, and speak of the growing darkness falling upon our grand kingdom."

He swept his arm back towards the council hall and lead towards the entrance, Hjald turning and giving his leave, turning his cart about and speaking of the importance of tending his farm.

Gamblerjoe
2010-11-21, 01:40 AM
Ford

"Be safe friend. May we meet again soon."

Ford follows the group wherever they are lead."It is great to be home. We will gladly feast, and discuss the glorious revenge that awaits us. Odin, Thor, and Strudder have surely blessed us!"

Tichrondrius
2010-11-22, 03:47 PM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

This further trip had been long and silent. She sat just contemplating her axe and the faces of those she hadn't been able to save. Rolf, who cared for her.. he was probably dead. What awaited her in Brummundal except for the comfort of home.. and the remembrance of what she had lost?

It hadn't been long after her Father died that she was captured. But, still, there it was- the great gate of her homeland. It opened wide to admit her entrance once more. She remembered walking in these fields, hunting, coming back to this gate.. memories of youth so far away now.

"Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, Hjald. May Odin watch over you." She told him, bowing slightly, before stepping off the cart.

Nelgaard. Now that was a blast from the past. She smiled a little as he approached. They had never been close but he was familiar. It was good to see him. She turned and watched Hjald leave with a heavy heart and once again wished him safety, silently to herself this time.

"That darkness.." She mumbled to herself as she followed Nelgaard and listened to him talk. Kjersti didn't know who would be waiting for her there, most of her friends were part of the Hunting Party and they were all.. no, she couldn't bare to think about it.

tonberryking
2010-11-22, 08:04 PM
The other druid, the stout, matronly one with the bear, is sure as certain surprised to see her superior druid arrive. Bowing her head in humility, Aldi tries to stammer an excuse, "Ah, but sir, it's no necessar-- I have to... my hovel.." it's leaving her quite tongue tied, and she turns scarlet as the higher druid leaves to tend to his fields.

Aldi just wanted to go home. A hovel it may be, and it's probably loaded with new cats, but she felt comfort under the bows of the surrounding trees. Her father was longsince passed into Valhalla, and with the exception of Kjersti, most of her old friends she'd grown up with had likely joined her father. She didn't want to face their parents and friends and kin, not like this. She felt her mood darken, as if the feast was an award for her imprisonment. An award she didn't want...

Simba
2010-11-23, 12:49 AM
Valgard

"Ah, home again." Valgard looks as happy as can be and rishes off to see to his family.

Ipphli
2010-11-23, 08:39 AM
Gunnar grips Tejhnar's arm in a warrior's handshake, wrist to wrist. He glances at his companions, then back at the High Druid, a big smile on his face. "Indeed, its good to be home. We're all glad to be back, and seeing our loved ones at a feast is something I think we've all dreamed of since our capture.

As for the darkness, we heard about it, and we may have first-hand knowledge of it. But, surely it can wait a bit until after we've eaten, aye?"

Cleavon
2010-11-25, 10:19 AM
Tejhnar looked among the group as he turned his head back to them, and then swept the doors to the council building open, ushering everyone inside.

Aldi

Once inside the building Tejhnar approaches the younger druid, and gives her a hearty smile and clasps his hands in front of himself.

"Aldi it is a pleasure to have you back among our number. We fear for the loss of any of our number. Not enough of Nelgaards sons and daughters follow the ways of the land these days."

He sighed gently and looked back at the others, gathering with friends and family and he nodded towards one of the antechambers nearby.

"I would like to speak with you for a moment, if you please."

Tejhnar swept his hand back, and stepped into the antechamber, to speak with the younger druid in private.

Aldi Only
Tejhnar closes the door to the antechamber and turns, a furrow working his brow. he looks slightly distraught.

"I know you value your privacy, it was hard enough to get you to attend our monthly meetings. You always honored our kingdom though, treated the land like it was a part of you."

The high Druid rested himself against the edge of a table, his wrinkled hands grasping on either side of him as he looked deep in thought.

"A darkness is growing in the north. The hordes of Elsimar are lead by more than a treacherous warrior. The land speaks to me, and has told me there is a terrible perversion. The hordes of Elsimar defy our land to the last, and the spirits of the trees have spoken of the bones of the dead rising before Lopts army."

The old man gave a slight cough and brought his hand to his mouth, before looking up to Aldi once again.

"You must wonder why I am laying this heavy news at your feet. The clerics in Selnord uncovered a grave prophecy written in the runes, and it speaks to this day. It speaks to the Horde from the north, and a great black blade resurfaced. We know little of what this means and the Clerics work diligently to make more sense of it. Oden has graced them with knowledge, though fleeting. Oden spoke to the High Cleric in as he prepared himself for the day. He told him of a great hope for our kingdom. There were those who were born under his sign, in years past. We knew not what to make of such an Omen, but after much deliberation the High cleric tasked us all to find those who were born under the Sign of Oden. We have heard little from the few groups we were able to assemble. Some searched for truth at Olafspeak, to learn more of Odens Omen, and the terror from Elsimar. Others traveled into Fangoren and Elsimar to battle the hrode directly."

Looking up to Aldi, there was a hardness in the old mans eyes.

"I am telling you this because you, and all your companions are the last born under the sign. We feared you all lost, and knew not if you would return. Your return has brought us a new ray of hope. We know much more than we did before. I know you are only one woman, and by all rights I cannot set this task upon your shoulders alone. If you decide to take this fate, and seek out your true purpose in life, I have faith you will find that you and your companions may be able to find the way. The way to undo the evil encroaching our kingdom."

Ford

As Ford enters the feast hall a pair of stout dwarves, both clothed in somber tones but with jovial faces see him and raise their mugs, smashing them together and then drinking to his health. Hurton and Bartlet approach and take turns grasping the Half-orcs forearms and chortling the praises to his return.

"No way the Rus or any beast could take down this tree of a man! Good old Ford, glad to have you back old fellow!"

Hurlton slapped Ford on the back after speaking, and stepped away to the large barrel of ale, tapped at the end of the table and filled a mug for Ford, bringign it forth and forcing it into his hand.

"Come and sit among your friends and eat and drink Ford! We prayed to Strudder and Oden for your safe return on many of nightly drinking binges!"

Bartlet grasped his elbow and lead him to the feast table, the brothers sitting on either side of Ford.

Valguard

As Valguard turns to rush off to see his family, he sees His wife carrying several loaves of bread wrapped in a cloth, and his two children holding her apron strings. They rush forward at seeing him and there is a genuine touching moment. His wife approaches and gives him the same attention, and soon they are leading the Runelord back to the council building to attend the feast.

Kjersti

As Kjersti entered the council hall she didn't see anything too spectacular, except to be home, and a great feast table having been hastily set up, and a barrel of ale tapped at one end.

Then, the doors to one of the antechambers opened, and smell of food being roasted wafts out, a stout woman carrying a stew pot filled with wonderful smells and steam stepped over to the table and set the big kettle in the middle, and when the steam cleared she grinned and quickly went to Kjersti, the womans mother embracing her and singing praises to Oden that her daughter had been returned to her.

She lead Kjersti over to the table, stirring the kettle for a moment so the ingredients wouldn't settle too soon and spoke to her daughter of her captivity, and gave her sentiments that she was glad their captivity had ended in the blood of their enemies.

Gunnar

As Gunnar watched Kjerstis mother sweep her back to the table His own Mother came around the table, having come from the same antechamber. His sister soon followed, putting a stack of wooden bowls down next to the stew pot and rushing over to greet her brother with a strong embrace.

they were both elated, and gave him news of his father and brothers being sent along to the south east, where The minions of the Fire Giant Ferjorn had been rampaging through the Rus land and harassing their borders.

They soon turned talk back to Gunnars return, and assured him that the feast would be immense even if so hastily prepared and that they wouldbe happy to have him home.

Fengr

As Fengr makes his way into the council chambers an old friend greets him. One of the only other practicing Totemists was in fact from Brummundal, and was normally found here in the Druids Council Hall. Joldjur was a seasoned Totemist, and had come into his powers through a strange experience, when lost with his father near Olafspeak. He acted as guardian of the Druid Hall since the day he became a man.

The tall human approached Fengr and grinned wide, clapping him on the back. He was happy to see his friend, and colleague back and alive. It was a dying art the one they practiced, and as he lead Fengr towards the feast table he spoke of the great might of the druids, and how they were all rather excited to have this particular group of brummundals sons and daughters returned to them, but he would speak no more of it at that time, preferring to ready himself for the food and drink and allow the High druid to speak more on the matter himself.

Tichrondrius
2010-11-25, 03:55 PM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

"Yes, Mother, I too am glad that their blood was spilled." She smiles, glad to be back in the presence of her Maternal Parent. It had been too many winters since last she saw her and it brought a warm fire back to her heart as she watched her busy about and talk to her when she could as well as to be eating the food she prepared again. It was like nothing had changed. But things had changed.

"Mother, do you still have those weapons Father left at the house?" She questioned, remembering her Father's two mighty axes, both Masterworks of the smith in town. They would taste the blood of her enemies within the week, just like her most honorable Father would have wanted. Kjersti tore off a leg of meat and gave it a savage bite, ripping skin from the bone.

Gamblerjoe
2010-11-29, 05:27 PM
Ford

A true dwarf at heart, Ford is giddy to be back in the company of the ones who saved him from a life of toil, and gave him a new life of honor. "Hurley! Barley! Im glad to see the two of you still drinking fine dwarven ale together! The great pantheon continues to keep your mugs full and my steel bloody! Our thirsts can only be slaked by the efforts of the gods themselves, and so the gods i shall allways serve! Ford drinks with his good friends and mentors. All three reminisce, but Ford does more listening than talking.

Ipphli
2010-11-30, 06:37 AM
Gunnar

Gunnar hugs his mother and sister tightly, a huge grin on his face. He asks after their health and how things have been in the village. He seems pleased with word of his father and brothers. At word of his being home, the barbarian's smile slips a little. "I'm not sure how long I'll be in town. But I promise I'll enjoy it while I can. A feast sounds just perfect. Especially if you two had a hand in it."

Simba
2010-11-30, 06:46 AM
Valgard

"I don't know how long we will be here, but let's wait and see. It is good to be home again, good to see you all. How have the kids been?"

Chatting with his wife, Valgard makes his way to the council building, walking slowly, enjoying every second.

drakir_nosslin
2010-12-01, 06:40 AM
Fengr

With a wide smile, Fengr greets his old friend and occasional mentor and grips his upper arm as a greeting.
"Joldjur! It has been far too long, my friend! It is good to see you as strong as always. How is the spirits in the halls of the council these days?"
The younger man falls in next to the older one, following him towards the table, continuing to speak as they walk.
"I have been away far too long and out of contact with the spirits for almost all the time. Perhaps we could meet after the feast so that you could tell me more af what has happened from your perspective. The druids may be powerful, but they do not have the same connection to the all-flowing river of spirits as we do."

Cleavon
2010-12-02, 10:17 AM
Ford

The two Dwarves salute their mugs to Studder and Odin, both exclaiming in their boisterous voices that any day Fords mighty weapons find the blood of their enemies is a good day to be a nelgaardian indeed.

Valguard

Valguards wife frowns slightly at his proclamation that he may not be staying long, though it is a passing look and soon she is up fetching wooden plates to pile food onto for Valguard and their children.

Kjersti

As she began to ladel stew out into wooden and horn bowls, Kjerstis mother turned and assured her that her father had left sufficient weaponry at the household. She went about handing out food and made sure Kjersti took some, bidding her to eat and be strong before running off to her axes again.

Gunnar

Gunnars sister goes back to helping with the feast, though she stays close by and makes sure that Gunnar is well fed. His mother shakes her head at his wandering ways but knows some of what is going on in the kingdom, so expected this visit to be short for her lost child.

Fengr

Joldjur pursed his lips a bit when he thought about what was going on in the kingdom. As he sat with Fengr and accepted a bowl of stew from one of the females he ate a bit as he thought how to say what he had been feeling.

"Well Fengr..there has been a number of strange feelings..in my mind. Living so close to the root of our gods often brings about strange dreams. I have felt powerful spirits gathering, and there is chaos among them. I cannot truly explain it, though I have spoken to the high Druid and he believes that it is a portent of things happening, connected to the hordes in the north."

tonberryking
2010-12-02, 10:30 PM
At first, Aldi seems to nod, steeling herself for the inevitable.

Though it weight upon her stout shoulders, the druid invariably assumes these tidings mean she'll have to give what support she can for her homeland. Well out of respect for her fallen comrades she would more than willingly aide those chosen by the Allfather, likely some clique of hardened warriors from before her father's time and after hers, to lead in the dark times ahea--

...Wait. Aldi looks confused for a moment as the Druid elder continues, her thoughts nearly parallel with his words. She realizes that her 'new' comrades are all of similar ages to her and-- yes, her elder confirmed it. It all comes crashing down.

"Sir... my elder... You can't be serious!" she throws her hands up to accentuate the motion. "I may be good with a bow, yes, but I'm no great warder of the wild. The time in captivity.. it... it robbed me of some of my powers, and worse still my old friends. It's coincidence..." she repeats the last sentence.

"We were captured... I daresay the others looked to me for guiding through the forest but it was them, not me or my magic who truly won out freedom. It can't mean me as well, can it?"

She honestly seems confused, this once proud druid who felt she'd gained all the knowledge nature would gift a mortal. Well, a year in chains can affect one's pride and for Aldi, it certainly has...

drakir_nosslin
2010-12-04, 05:00 AM
Fengr

The younger totemist begins to eat as he listens to what Joldjur says. Wiping some stew from his lips he slowly replies.
"I see, so even the spirits are affected by this new threat. It is more powerful than I first thought if you have already sensed it. Or perhaps it is closer than I thought."
He looks around at those gathered around the table, among them his newly found comrades.
"Whatever comes, comes and I will stand in it's way. As I suspect we all will."

Tichrondrius
2010-12-04, 06:52 PM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

Kjersti smiled and almost started to tear up as she agreed with her mother and ate as full as she could. The provisions while being captured had been.. well.. she didn't like to think about it. But here with her brothers and sisters in battle she was truly home. And she would defend this way of life to the death.

Cleavon
2010-12-07, 10:23 AM
Aldi

Tejhnar sighed softly as he listened to Aldi. He stood once again from where he had rested himself and crossed his arms over his chest slowly and the more old, kindly tone returned to his voice.

"I'm sorry to lay all of this at your feet so soon upon your return. After the feast I will gather the others who returned with you together and explain the situation to them. It is by choice alone that you and they must take on this task. No one can force your hand in the matter."

Stepping over to the door he put his hand on the carved wooden handle, turning his head he smiled softly to Aldi.

"It is good to see you safely returned to Nelgaard Aldi. Whatever you decide, the druidic council will respect your decision."

The door opens and the High priest returns to the feast chamber(most likely followed by Aldi)

Everyone

The feast commences, High druid Tejhnar taking his place at the table and a few more women come out with a roast Boar, several loaves of bread, and hearty gravy made from thick stock.

Tejhnar blesses the feast and thanks the land for providing nourishment, and then the customary tearing into meat and bread begins. everyone is happy to eat, and family and friends take the time to catch everyone up on local happenings, along with the increasing troubles to the southeast, where The fire giant Kingdom has stretched its borders by conquering a portion of the kingdom of the Rus.

As the feast begins to die down, Tejhnar stands and speaks.

"Now that our bellies are full and we have all had time to welcome these fine warriors back from bondage...I must speak of the times befalling our land."

The old Druid produced a pipe from a pouch on his side, and pressed sweet smelling herbs into its hopper. As he leaned against the high back of his chair, he produced a small bit of flame from the tip of one finger, an easy trick, and puffed slowly,before speaking once again, the pipe sitting in his hand in his lap, a thin wisp of smoke curling up about him as he told his tale.

"We have been stretched thin these past months. We had been strengthening our borders with the Rus to the southeast in preparation for the fire Giant raiding parties that marauded those areas. Many warriors are on that front, fortifying a slowly building city. It was felt a necessity to create a bastion of defense there."

"Then some months ago refugees from northern Felmar came to Selnord, and spoke of the armies of Elsimar on the move. Grensfel has been attacked twice now, both times the raiding parties have been beaten back, but they are a mere fraction of what is to come. Lopt the Treacherous, once Lopt the Mighty has mobilized Elsimar for some foul purpose."

"The High Cleric of Selnord has been in constant contact with the Druidic council. There was a prophecy brought to light, and when the Clerics began to unravel it the High Cleric received a message from Oden. Those born in our Calender year under the Sign of Oden could find the power to stand against this scourge. There were not many. We sent three groups of warriors to unravel Odens meaning, to find if they truly could stand against the hordes. So far, we have heard nothing in a full month from them"

The old man smiled slightly as he looked up at the gathered people.

"It seemed a miracle that this group, these specific people were to survive their bondage, and return to us in our time of need. All of you, were born under Odens sign. When I heard old Hjalds sending and who had returned to Nelgaard, I was unsure if it could possibly be mere coincidence."

"It is a decision you all must make. If any of your are willing to help, we would gladly accept it. Of the three groups set out all ready two went to the northern front to fight, and one sought Odens blessing at Olafspeak. We only know a little that was told us by the druids stationed in Selnord, but it is not much. A Frost Giant supposedly still resides in the crags a short way up the great mountain, and that group was headed to seek his aide when they stopped reporting back."

The high druid pursed his lips and reached down, stirring his pipe for a moment before taking another small puff.

"I cannot simply as you pack up and leave. You and your families deserve more than that. Take some time, and think on this. We are glad to have you back, and wish we did not have to lay such dire tidings at your feet. I must retire now, stay as long as you all like."

Tejhnar took his leave then, several of the higher druids staying to chat and continue eating, some of the women clearing away plates and bowls that were long past being used any more that night.

Gamblerjoe
2010-12-07, 06:54 PM
Ford
"It sounds ta me like the gods be askin fer our help. If fightin' the Rus is the kind of help they need, then i was BORN ta help the gods! I just need to know one thing...where...they...are."

Tichrondrius
2010-12-07, 11:48 PM
Kjersti Grimsdottir

"I'll do it." Kjersti said before the man had even left the room. If hesitation remained within her, she did not show it. "The Gods cry for justice. They foresaw this event and brought us all here- out of bondage- to fight together. It was their will to instill a great rage within us due to this captivity to drive all doubt from our minds of our course. This is our destiny." She stood and placed both hands on the table. "And what man or woman desires not to fulfill thine own destiny? Odin has spoken and goes onto prepare a place for them."

She pushed her empty plates away. "We don't want to keep him waiting. Let's go send those godless heathens straight to hell."

Ipphli
2010-12-08, 08:21 AM
Gunnar

The barbarian watches his companions pledge their aid to the druid's task. Glancing at his sister and mother, he stands up as well. "I too will go. What use staying here, when our enemies are at our door? Nothing can be gained by waiting, much as we might wish to. Enough time to for comforts and leisure when we are safe enough to enjoy them."

Simba
2010-12-09, 01:37 AM
Valgard

Valgard exchanges looks with his wife, who seems reluctant to let him go again so soon, but then nods.

"I will help in any way I can."

Cleavon
2010-12-12, 05:39 PM
Tejhnar has a bright smile on his face as voices start piping up with adoration for their homeland and willingness to fight the evil that approaches. He raised a hand before anyone else could chime in, and bade that the subject be brought to a close for the moment, as it was growing late, and everyone deserved a fair nights rest.

Tejhnar requests that the party return in the morning, and he will be able to share with them what little more information they have been able to attain.

The Next Morning

The next morning at the druids council chamber there is a commotion. At first it seems there may be some trouble, but a semi familiar face is seen by any who are gathering. The warrior is covered in elk skins, and wears a helmet adorned with their horns. His name is Boren, and he is the warchief of a neighboring village, Cairndal.

His booming voice is heard coming from the audience chamber:

"Tejhnar! The druids have promised aid for my people! I need only a handful of warriors to stop these harassers. I know brummundal is spread thin, but if these filthy gnolls are able to strike at Cairndal while we have sent the bulk of our troops to the north!"

Several druids seem uneasy as they mill about outside the audience chamber, and Joldjur, the Totemist that is the protector of the hall seems agitated, though it does not seem that he fears violence.

Ipphli
2010-12-13, 07:07 AM
Gunnar

Gunnar makes his way to the front of the crowd. After taking a few moments to listen, he calls out in a loud, booming voice. "Then help you shall have. We are headed out, and can make a stop to aid you along the way Boren."

Simba
2010-12-13, 07:13 AM
Valgard

To his wife, Valgard quietly says: "Looks like we will have an interesting journey. Don't wait up for me, my love."

At her asonished look he winks, then addresses Boren:"We will help you, as is proper and well."

drakir_nosslin
2010-12-13, 12:19 PM
Fengr

As the dinner ends, Fengr bids his comrades good night and leaves with Joldjur.
"By Tyr, they are eager to prove themselves to the gods these new friends of mine. I am envious of them in their strength."
The young totemist stops in his tracks and looks up at the sky as he continues.
"I will go too of course, to earn my place in Valhall. I hope that I am not too late to save my people a second time. Good night, Joldjur. I'll see you tomorrow."

---

The next morning, as Fengr approaches the council chambers he notices that there are already lots of people around, among them his new friends. The young man walks up to Valgard and whispers:
"What is all this about, I didn't hear what was said earlier. Is there trouble?"

Simba
2010-12-14, 12:17 AM
Valgard

"The druids asked us the help them on our way, help them get rid of some pesky gnolls." Valgard answers in the same fashion, voice low. "Life was boring before, or so it seems now. The gods have truely given us some interesting fates."

Gamblerjoe
2010-12-15, 12:21 AM
Ford

"So ya got some gnolls that need slayin? I'v been itchin to swing me ole chopper again!" Without another word Ford takes off to fetch his falchion and don his armor.

He returns about twenty minutes later fully dressed for battle. He is proud to be clad once again in what he considers to be his uniform. A breastplate that consists primarily of a large disk with the holy symbol of Strudder Kojin. it is suspended by counterweighted chains fastened to padded shoulder supports. leather straps hold it tight around the waist. The greaves are made of tan studded leather. the under-garb is a suit made of thick fur, white as the wind driven snow. He kept his horned helmet as a worthy addition to the ensemble. A very large hilt protrudes from the scabbard on his back.

As he presents himself again to Tejhnar he grins wide, exposing the stump of his chipped tusk.

Cleavon
2010-12-16, 12:58 PM
Boren grins wide and sweeps a powerful arm out, elk skins shifting and exposing more of his scarred and muscular physique. His voice booms out in the audience chamber, as he regards Fengr, Valgard, Gunnar and Ford.

"Here we have true strength! These warriors have the stuff to help their brothers! Come, if any more would join. We leave at mid day to teach a foul dog of a gnoll a lesson!"

The big man adjusted his horned helmet and crossed his arms over his chest, obviously rather pleased that his boisterous behavior and loud proclamations have aided him in finding the help he needed.

drakir_nosslin
2010-12-16, 05:25 PM
Fengr

The totemist smiles at Valgard's remark.
"Indeed. Perhaps Tyr finds it amusing to throw his servant into constant dangers." The feral warrior shrugs and turns back towards Boren.
"Well, if this is what the aesir wishes, then I'll see it done. And even if they have no interest in it at all, I'll still do it, just because. And just so you know; it feels good to have you and the others with me. You have shown your courage more than once. Without you I'd still be a captive, or in Valhall."

Cleavon
2010-12-27, 12:06 AM
Mid Day

At Mid Day all has been settled. The fine peoples of Brummundal have gathered to see their warriors returned to service against the monsters that inhabit their land. Family and friends all have turned up, and given provisions for the days journey, as well as admiration and a stout reminder to come home much sooner than their last parting.

Boren has made all the plans, readied his two carts and their teams, and given the entire party room to ride amongst them, unless they prefer to walk. The trek will find the group at the gnoll camp by the following noon.

"I shall have your warriors returned safe and sound late tomorrow evening, Oden willing!"

With that proclamation Boren grinned and spurred on his cart, the other cart drive following his lead.

Noon, the following day

Boren stopped the Wagons some way from the gnoll camp, and hid them in the brush. The man driving the second Wagon stays with them, and as Boren leads the party along a ridge he finally signals them to stop and gather around him. Looking down upon the small valley it is plain to see the camp the gnolls have etched out in that place, slightly to the north of Borens village of Cairndal.

"Their raiding party is out harassing my people most likely, or is at the shore to the west gathering food. We've been watching them for a day or two before coming to Brummundal, and that seemed their normal routine. Either harass us for food or send their men out net fishing at the waters edge. We can enter from the north, though we'll be spotted once we enter the camp proper."

MAP
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/GnollFight-1.gif

OOC
The party will be entering along the top row, from 15-26. Once in those squares the gnolls are alerted by their spotters, unless heavy stealth precautions are used.

drakir_nosslin
2010-12-29, 04:52 PM
Fengr

As Boren and his teams take place in the wagons Fengr declines the offer of riding along with them.
"I prefer to walk. I fear the day I have to be carried in a wagon to the fight because then the spirits have abandoned me."

As they arrive at the gnoll camp he turns towards Boren.
"If the warband is absent let us strike now, fast and decisively. If we are quick enough we might be able to lay an ambush for the warriors later."
As he speaks the claws on his hand starts to pulsate with a deep blue glow, indicating Fengr's readiness for combat, and the basilisk visage hovering over his face seems to roar, though no sound is heard.

Fengr starts at 18, if possible.

Ipphli
2011-01-01, 11:15 PM
Gunnar

Gunnar rides his trusty steed, glad he managed to escape the debacle that resulted in his capture. Once they arrived at the gnoll camp, he slid from his horse and slid free his prized greatsword, earned many years ago.

He nods in agreement with Fengr. "Indeed. We need to strike quickly. But we should take care to try and approach by stealth. Ambush them if possible; we do not know how many of them are left."

Simba
2011-01-03, 10:07 AM
Valgard

Having prepared himself for combat using the various runes at his disposal, Valgard now draws a simple rune depicting an armed fighter on the ground. "Touch it before you go in, it will help you for a short while." he advises those next to him.

Gamblerjoe
2011-01-04, 09:04 AM
FordFord (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=243883)
M TN Half-Orc Boar Totem Barbarian, Level 5, Init +2, HP 56/56, Speed 20
AC 18, Touch 12, Flat-footed 16, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus 5
mwk falchion +11 (2d4+7, 18-20)
mwk falchion (raging) +13 (2d4+10, 18-20)
mwk comp (+5) longbow (20 arrows) +8 (1d8+5, x3)
mwk breastplate, mwk wooden buckler (+1 to ac when used) (+5 Armor, +1 Shield, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 20, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 6
Condition None
The half-orc neals down and touches the rune. as he stands, he grabs his bow. With an arrow between his fingertips, he scans the landscape, hoping to spot a hapless gnoll or two he can take some target practice on.

Cleavon
2011-01-04, 09:46 PM
Boren

The large man adjusts his horned helmet on his head, also scanning the camp. He held two throwing axes, one in each hand. As he licked his lips, obviously ready for battle he looked down the line of vikings gathered with him and nodded grimly.

"I'm told their leader has magic at his back. What type I'm unsure. There are probably sentries about the camp, so keep your guard up."

Map
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/GnollFightA.gif

Boren

As two Gnoll sentries appear at the edges of the camp Boren wastes no time and one of his throwing axes splits the air, aimed at the closest Gnolls head.

Attack
Attack:
Damage: [roll]1d6+5

"Quickly, take them down before they raise the alarm!"

Gamblerjoe
2011-01-09, 12:32 PM
Ford

Upon spotting a gnoll guard, Ford wastes no time drawing his mighty bow and loosing an arrow.

Comp +5 Longbow@Gn2

drakir_nosslin
2011-01-10, 01:48 PM
Fengr

The totemist silently charges the nearest gnoll, claws leading.

Charge Gnoll 2: [roll0], [roll1]

Simba
2011-01-11, 02:57 AM
Valgard

Seeing that one Gnoll guard is already under heavy attack, Vangard charges the other one, attacking with his trusty axe in a wild swing.

charge Gn1 with power attack 3:
damage: [roll1] doubled to become 52!

Ipphli
2011-01-11, 08:36 AM
Gunnar

Gunnar follows Valgard, and likewise charges at the gnoll to their right, hoping to end its life as quickly as possible.

Raging!
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Cleavon
2011-01-13, 07:01 AM
Current Positions
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/GnollFight2.gif

Gnoll 2 is devastated by the parties attacks and turns into a fine red mist accompanied by tufts of fur and tattered leather armor. Gnoll 1 moves up to engage Boren and Ford.

Kjersti Seeing Gnoll1 move towards Boren and Ford the warrior woman pounces, seeking to rend the gnoll as it calls out to alert its camp.

Attacks
Raging, Pouncing Kjersti on Gnoll 1

[roll2] [roll3]

Aldi Aldi moves into a defensive position where she can support the party, and invokes a prayer to the nature of the world, and her bears fur and skin harden like the bark of a tree. The bear becomes defensive, ready to attack anything that comes near the Druid.

Gnolls

Gn1- Gnoll 1 charges towards Boren while screaming an alarm, and a large contingent of Gnolls appear from the tents and huts of the village. His axe swings at Boren.

Attack
[roll4]
1d6+6

The Largest Gnoll(GB) comes from the main tent, and he howls with rage, his muscles bulking and veins bulging in his neck as he hoists his greataxe in the air and screams.

"Destroy the Humans! They come from their blasted cities to defy our rule of the land!

Another rather important looking Gnoll(GC), garbed in furs and carrying several fetishes of feathers and bones stands at the edge of the main tent.

Various other Gnolls(Gr1-4) Appear brandishing twin axes, Two more appear holding longbows(Ga1-2)

Gamblerjoe
2011-01-13, 02:09 PM
Ford

...aims his bow at the chest gnoll's leader and fires another arrow.

LongbowAttack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

He then slings his bow and takes a 5 foot step to 16B.

drakir_nosslin
2011-01-15, 06:33 PM
Fengr

Grinning with satisfaction at the first Gnolls bloody death the totemist turns and charges the next one, no longer bothering with keeping silent.
"For Tyr! Slay the monsters, comrades, earn your place in Valhall!"

Charge Gnoll Gr4. [roll0], [roll1]

Ipphli
2011-01-19, 10:57 PM
Gunnar

Gunnar, seeing what he assumes is the chief gnoll, charges at the beast, screaming wordlessly in his rage.

Rage 9/10

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Cleavon
2011-01-21, 11:28 AM
Current Positions
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/GnollFight3.gif

Boren swipes at the gnoll in front of him, bolstered by Kjerstis flanking position and rends the gnoll a viscious wound, leaving him clinging to life.

Kjersti

Stepping into flanking position with Boren Kjersti unleashes her fury on the gnoll trapped between them.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Aldi

Seeing her companions harried by the gnoll raiders, she mutters and incantation to the nature spirits, and their chaotic flames, calling flame into her palm. She hefts it as if it were a sizable rock and eyes one of the archers down range from her.

Valgard

As Gunnar moves in to charge the large gnoll in front of them the Runelord brazenly steps forward, slamming his axe towards the hulking gnoll brute.

Power attack for 3.[roll4]
[roll5]

Gnolls

GB- The Gnoll leader growls in rage as he yanks the arrow Ford shot into his side out and tosses it away. He hefts his greataxe and swipes it in a downward arc at Valgard.

[roll6]
[roll7]

Valgard
Take 14 damage!

GC- The Gnoll garbed in feathers and fetish necklaces growls out a prayer to Ynnoguh(Sp?) and eyes the battle field, weighing his next decision, deciding to wait a moment to decide how dangerous the party really is.

Cleavon
2011-01-21, 11:42 AM
Gnolls (Cont'd)

Gn1- The Gnoll trapped between Boren and Kjersti clutches at its wounds and makes a last feeble swipe at Boren with its axe.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Boren
Boren takes 11

Gr1- Moving up to bolster his leader the Gnoll ranger makes a swipe at Valgard with one of his handaxes.

[roll2]
[roll3]

Gr2- Seeing the crazed Totemist moving in on one of his pack mates he closes in and threatens Fengr, sure to attack on the next round.

Gr3- Taking advantage of Kjerstis attentions on the doomed Gnoll in front of her Gr3 moves up to flank with its badly hurt ally, chopping at Kjersti with a hand axe.

[roll4]
[roll5]

Kjersti
Take 12 Damage

Gr4- The Gnoll Fengr charged bares its weapons to him and attacks!

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

Fengr
Take 17 Damage

Ga1- Moving up the Gnoll archer spies Ford the Half-Orc through the tents and looses an arrow at him.

[roll10]
[roll11]

Ga2- Moving across the field The second Gnoll Archer looses an arrow downrange at the Flame Wielding druid.

[roll12]
[roll13]

Aldi
Take 11 Damage

drakir_nosslin
2011-01-22, 12:39 PM
Fengr

As the gnoll's attack hits Fengr growls in pain and rage, sounding not unlike the creatures they are fighting.
"You will regret that!" He yells as he stumbles back from his attacker.
Regaining his balance from his hasty attack earlier the totemist's claws flashes again, striking with ferocious speed and unnatural strength.

Gnoll Gr4 again!
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

Gamblerjoe
2011-01-22, 08:05 PM
mwk falchion +11 (2d4+7, 18-20)
mwk breastplate, mwk wooden buckler (+1 to ac when used) (+5 Armor, +1 Shield, +2 Dex)
Condition None
Ford draws the falchion from the scabbard on his back. as he squeezes the grip, he is overcome with that familiar old feeling. He lets his blood lust take hold of him, and vents it constructively toward the gnolls near him.

Falchion:smallfurious:Rage: round 1/11
HP: 66/66
AC: 15 (rage, no shield)
Attack Gn1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Cleave?: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

Simba
2011-01-23, 07:23 AM
Valgard

Wounded by the GNoll leader, Valgard sweeps his axe in another attempt to score against his adversary.

Simba
2011-01-23, 07:25 AM
Valgard

Wounded by the Gnoll leader, Valgard sweeps his axe in another attempt to score against his adversary. His axe connects in a solid hit.

Gamblerjoe
2011-01-25, 05:46 PM
OOC*nevermind*

Ipphli
2011-01-26, 10:17 PM
Gunnar

Gunnar continues his attack on the large gnoll, hoping to bring it down quickly.

Rage 8/10

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Cleavon
2011-01-28, 09:52 AM
Kjersti

Kjersti turns from the destroyed Gnoll in front of her and unleashes her attacks on Gr3

1d20+8]
[roll0]

1d20+8]
[roll1]

Aldi

Hefting the ball of flame in her hand she hurls it down range at the Gnoll archer that shot in her direction. Aldi then commands her bear to engage Gr2, and it barrels off to threaten the archer.

[roll2]
[roll3] Fire Damage

Cleavon
2011-01-28, 10:10 AM
Boren

Boren looks around, seeing the gnolls on this side dealt with, and rushes around one of the tents to see Fengr and his adversaries, stepping up beside the totemist and ripping into Gr2.

Boren connects with Gr2 for 15 damage

Cleavon
2011-01-28, 11:21 AM
Current Positions
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/GnollFight4.gif

Gnolls

Gr4 Presses the attack on Fengr!

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Fengr
Both attacks miss!

Gr2 Turns to attack the new threat to his safety, Boren.

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

Boren
Take 10 damage
Gr1 continues the attack on Valgard.

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

Valgard
Both attacks miss

Gr3 gulps, looking at Kjersti and Ford, and also is wounded from Fords cleaving attack against him after felling his companion. He attacks Kjersti.

[roll12]
[roll13]

[roll14]
[roll15]

Kjersti
Take 12 damage

Ga1 Continues his barrage against Ford

[roll16]
[roll17]

[roll18]
[roll19]

Ford
Take 9 damage

Ga2 Steps back and fires at Aldis Bear.

[roll20]
[roll21]

[roll22]
[roll23]

Aldis Bear
Take 7 damage

Gb, the Gnoll Leader attacks Gunnar.

[roll24]
[roll25]

Gunnar
Take 18 damage

Gc hefts his festishes and chants an incantation, stepping up behind the gnoll leader and magically sealing some of his wounds.

Healing! [roll26]

Gamblerjoe
2011-01-28, 08:33 PM
mwk falchion +11 (2d4+7, 18
-20)
Condition None

Ford attacks with a wild frenzy, snorting and kicking up dirt.

Falchion:smallfurious:Rage: round 2/11
HP: 57/66
Power Attack for 3
Attack: [roll0]; Damage: [roll1]
Confirm Crit: [roll2]; Add [roll3] Damage

drakir_nosslin
2011-01-31, 06:10 AM
Fengr

As the totemist is joined in his fight by Boren, the gnolls attention is split, and its attacks are easily avoided by the seasoned warrior.
"You have to do better than that!" He growls as he darts back in with his claws.

ATTACK!!!
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7]

Ipphli
2011-02-04, 06:00 PM
Gunnar

The barbarian grunts as the gnoll connects, but gives no other indication of his pain. With an inarticulate roar, he returns the monster's blow.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Cleavon
2011-02-06, 09:08 AM
Kjersti

Seeing the Gnoll in front of her fall to the mighty Falchion of Ford, she moves to engage GA1, and stop his annoying archer fire.

1d8+2[/roll]

Aldi

Seeing her companions in heavy melee she hefts her flaming orb and hurls it downrange at Ga2 and then moves up to bolster Valgard and Gunnar, looking over their wounds to decide whom administer her healing magic to in the near future.

[roll1]
[roll2]Fire Damage

Aldis Bear

The bear tears into the Gnoll archer in front of it, but isn't able to do any significant damage.

Valgard

Hearing Aldi move up behind him gives Valgard new confidence, and his axe swings in at the Gnoll leader, determined to bring him down.

[roll3]
[roll4]

Boren

Seeing Fengr down his first opponent, and then turn on the one near both fo them the large man hefts up his greataxe and slams it down, confident that they will have the battle won quickly.

[roll5]
[roll6]

Cleavon
2011-02-06, 09:33 AM
Current Positions
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/GnollFight5.gif

Ford Destroyed the Gnoll in front of him, and Kjersti was able to move up to engage the archer on their side, injuring it. Fengr killed the Gnoll he had been battling and turned to score a hit on the one to his side as well, with Boren not managing to bring his axe onto the gnoll. Aldis fire flew wide, and her bear was only able to occupy the gnoll archer that is downrange. Valgard slams his waraxe home into the gnoll leader once more, the large gnoll looking bloody and torn up, but still moving. Gunnars attack swings wide and only manages to cut a large gash in the tent they fight near.

Gnolls

Gnoll Leader

Ignoring Gunnar for now and seeing Valgard as the biggest threat the gnoll leader pours all of his rage into attacking the waraxe wielding runelord.

Attacking, Power attack for 4 on Valgard

[roll0]
[roll1]

Valgard
The Gnoll Leader finds only the dirt at your feet with his wild swing.

Gnoll Cleric

Seeing his leader still a bloody mess he steps up to administer more healing magic, knowing that if the leader dies they will have little chance to win.

[roll2]Healing On Gb

Gnoll Fodder

Gr2 Turns to Fengr and unleashes his attacks, howling in rage as he spies his leader in such a bad position, and his comrade fallen next to him.

Attack on Fengr

[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]

Fengr
The gnoll bites into your body with his axes, dealing 19 damage total.

Gr1 Seeing his leaders focus he presses the attack on Valgard.

Attack on Valgard

[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10]

Valgard
Luck holds out, and the Gnoll in front of Valgard cannot manage to penetrate the runelords defenses.

Ga1 Steps back five feet and unleashes a couple of arrows at Kjersti in desperation.

Attack on Kjersti

[roll11]
[roll12]

[roll13]
[roll14]

Kjersti
One arrow manages to find home, and it strikes for 8 damage

Ga2 is constantly on the retreat, attempting to keep the bear from tearing it to shreds, and steps back to fire again.

[roll15]
[roll16]

[roll17]
[roll18]

Aldis Bear
Two arrows strike the bear in the side, dealing 14 damage total.

Gamblerjoe
2011-02-06, 07:29 PM
Ford

After watching his foe drop, Ford scans the battlefield for the nearest gnoll. He lets out a fierce bellow as he charges toward his new mark.

Charge with Falchion
:smallfurious:Rage: round 3/11
position: H14
charge, power attack for 5
Crit?Confirm: [roll2] Add [roll3] Damage

drakir_nosslin
2011-02-10, 04:34 PM
Fengr

As the gnoll's blade bites deep in his leg Fengr howls in pain and battle rage. The totemist twists his body, tearing the weapon free and slashes with his claws towards his foe.
Full attack! Same gnoll.
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7]

Ipphli
2011-02-15, 04:57 PM
Gunnar

Incensed at being ignored, and at his fairly ineffectiveness so far, Gunnar swings once more at the gnoll leader.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Cleavon
2011-02-16, 10:48 AM
Aldi

Seeing the Gnolls are being pressed back well enough, she places a hand over one of valgards wounds and utters a short chant in an ancient druidic tongue.

Healing on Valgard
[roll0]Healing!

Aldis Bear

the bear tears into the archer, roaring in the gnolls face as it swipes with its claws.

Attack on Ga2
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Kjersti

Seeing she is joined by the half orc and his brutish falchion she howls in rage and savagely chops at the archer in front of them.

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Valgard

Pressing the attack on the gnoll leader, determined that the gnolls would lose their morale if he falls.

[roll9]
[roll10]

Boren

With Fengr easily rending the gnolls around him apart Boren moves to intercept the spell caster that is backing up the gnoll leader.

Move to Pin Gc against tent wall.
[roll11]
[roll12]

Cleavon
2011-02-16, 11:08 AM
Current Postions
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/GnollFight6.gif

Gnolls

Fengr is able to destroy the Gnoll that threatened he and Boren, and Boren moves to intercept the Gnoll Cleric, bringing his greataxe into the creatures shoulder and certainly getting it's attention. Ford is all sound and fury and kicking dirt, but the archer remains elusive. He is not so fast to evade Kjerstis chopping axes, and she scores a hit against the gnoll. Valgard swings low and slices into the Gnoll leaders knees and Gunnars greatsword goes high and cleaves a deep furrow into his chest, and their combined might brings the barbarian to his knees, and he slumps to the ground dead.

Gr1

Howling in rage at his leaders death his eyes turn wild and he swings in a wide arc, which finds Gunnar its target.

Two attacks at Gunnar
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Ga1

Terrified of the two ferocious warriors in front of him, the gnoll takes a five foot step back and levels two arrows, one at each of Kjersti and Ford

Attacks at Ford first, then Kjersti.
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

Ga2

Stepping back five feet the gnoll attempts again to take down Aldis bear, having little hope that his side of the fight can be won.

On Aldis Bear
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

Gnoll Cleric

The Cleric turns and gives Boren a harsh look, striking out with a crude mace, and stepping back from the large man, not liking being pinned against the tent.

Against Boren
[roll12]
[roll13]

Gamblerjoe
2011-02-17, 10:27 AM
Ford

Ford presses his wild and furious attack

Falchion
:smallfurious:Rage: round 4/11
position: H14
power attack for 3
Crit?Confirm: [roll2] Add [roll3] Damage

drakir_nosslin
2011-02-17, 11:49 AM
Fengr

With a triumphant howl the totemist watches his enemy fall. Blood dripping from his claws and his numerous wounds the warrior cries towards the sky.
"Tyr, god of heroes! See us in glorious victory!"
As the last syllables ring out in the camp Fengr once again charges into the fray, slicing at the now almost surrounded gnoll warrior.

Charge Gr1, ending up at 21-22 G-H
Attack: [roll0], [roll1]

I like this battle so far :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: But that was a pretty sucky attack :smalltongue:

Ipphli
2011-02-20, 07:48 PM
Gunnar

Grinning at the death of their leader, Gunnar swings at the gnoll before him with renewed vigor.

Rage 5/10

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Cleavon
2011-02-21, 08:57 AM
Kjersti

Seeing the Gnoll in front of she and Ford fall, she turns towards the battle and takes off with a burst of speed, moving to engage the Gnoll Cleric and bolster Borens attempt to end the slowly retreating Gnoll.

Aldi

Seeing that the battle is nearing victory she steps away from the melees and hefts her last ball of flame and tosses it down range at the Gnoll archer her bear is engaging.

Attack!
Ranged attack at Ga2
[roll0]
[roll1] Fire Damage!

Aldis Bear

The Bear keeps its heavy weight bearing down on the Gnoll archer, and swipes at him with its claws.

Attack!
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Valgard

Letting out a triumphant cry as the battle becomes a near victory with the defeat of the Gnoll leader, his weapon smashes down at the Gnoll in front of he and Gunnar, giving Fengr a hearty grin as he sees the Totemist join them.

Attack!
[roll6]
[roll7]

Boren

With the addition of the wild Kjersti to his position, Boren steps up and slams his greataxe towards the Gnoll cleric, seeing the fight easily won and wanting nothing more than to end the threat to his homeland.

Attack!
[roll8]
[roll9]

Cleavon
2011-02-21, 09:12 AM
Current Positions
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/GnollFight7.gif

Ford destroys the Gnoll in front of him and Kjersti is able to join the fray at the main tent. Fengr, Gunnar and Valgard have the last Gnoll ranger near surrounded and fighting for his life, which is slowly flowing out of his wounds. Aldi and her bear dispatch the last Gnoll archer, and Boren is able to inflict another grievous wound on the Cleric.

Gnolls

Gnoll Cleric.

Sensing desperate measures are needed, the Gnoll cleric quickly chants an incantation, and raises his arms. A burst of sound is heard and Kjersti and Boren are caught in its cacophony.

Spell!
[roll0] Concentration check to cast defensively.

If successful Boren and Kjersti must make Fortitude saving throws.

Gnoll ranger.

Sensing defeat the Gnoll lashes out at Valgard and eagerly looks over his shoulder to see if his remaining leader has cleared a path to escape...which he has not.

Attack!
On Valgard
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Cleavon
2011-02-21, 09:14 AM
Boren

Fortitude Save!
[roll0]

Kjersti

Fortitude Save!
[roll1]

Sonic damage to both Kjersti and Boren, regardless of save:
[roll2]

Gamblerjoe
2011-02-21, 01:54 PM
Ford

After dropping another gnoll, Ford runs over to his comrades to help finish off the last 2 enemies.

double move to I-22

drakir_nosslin
2011-02-26, 06:29 PM
Fengr

Seeing their enemies falling before them gives the young warrior more power to his blows as he strikes at his foe once again.

Full attack: [roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7]

Ipphli
2011-02-28, 12:53 PM
Gunnar

Gunnar rushes towards the nearest gnoll, hoping to end the battle as quickly as possible.

Map not up, so not sure what gnoll is closest...

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Cleavon
2011-03-02, 08:28 AM
Boren

"We've got them on the run boys, lets slaughter the rest of these troublemakers and then feast to their bones at my hall in Cairndal!"

Attack!
[roll0]
[roll1]

Cleavon
2011-03-02, 08:37 AM
Fengrs slashing claws set the Gnoll ranger back on his heels. He is badly outnumbered, and with Gunnar, Valgard and Fengr bearing down on him he cannot hold his defenses. The girallon claws of the totemist tear his belly out, and he crumples to the ground.

Gunnar sees his opportunity and charges forward, his greatsword hacking into the upper portion of the Gnoll clerics arm. With the Gnoll focused on this new threat Borens axe swings low and chops the clerics knees from under him, leaving him in an unconscious bleeding heap.

The battlefield grows quiet, save the heavy breathing of the many raging barbarians gathered together. Shaking his head and seeming to his wits about him Boren begins piling up whatever weapons are still useful, and taking any coin or valuables the gnolls have and putting it into a pile.

"Bastards had some of our coin as well, hitting supply wagons come down from Relhorn. Good to get some of these weapons back, the armor is mostly destroyed now though."

When all is said and done, the bodies of the Gnolls are piled onto their cookfire, along with their ragged tents and anything else that would be of use to raiders, and is not of use to the citizens of Cairndal.

Everyone
Each party member gains 5 gold, 2 silver. Scavenged from the Gnoll cleric is a crudely whittled wooden wand.

Gamblerjoe
2011-03-06, 05:22 PM
Ford

after catching his breath and calming down a bit, "Har, har! Stoopid gnolls didnt stand a chance!" Ford instinctively puts his strong back to work, carrying as much as he can to Boren's cart.

Once the cart is loaded, and everything else piled onto the fire, Ford stands and admires the great blaze. Despite the smell of burning gnoll hair, it stands of a bright, tall beacon of their victory today. He is mesmerized by the flames until the party eventually begins to move out.

Cleavon
2011-03-07, 10:45 AM
Leaving the crackling fire behind Boren leads the party the short distance to Cairndal. As he approaches with the cartload of weapons and shields, bits of armor the guards on the walls cheer and open the great wooden doors that block the gate at the north of the city.

Cairndal is double walls, soldiers staying mostly in between their defensive walls, so they can spring to action if alarm is called. The little hamlet is well built and sturdy on the inside, and seems like a close knit community. A man approaches Boren as soon as he is inside the second wall, directing several younger men to unload the spoils and take care of the cart. He addresses Boren.

"Boren, you finally convinced the Druids to send us aid...I trust the gnolls are routed? At any case there are matters to attend to, a great feast to note your victory, and visitors to your hall. A traveling Shaman has been waiting for the past two days to speak with you. I would like you and your new companions to speak to the Inquisitor sent by the church, he is most likely ready to move along in his search, but was waiting for a report on the gnolls."

Boren grinned wide and turned back to the gathered party and sweeps his arms wide.

"Did you hear that? There shall be a feast tonight!"

He turned back to the man and shook his head, stepping by him and waving for them all to follow.

"Bring the Shaman and Inquisitor to my hall tonight, to attend our feast. I would speak to them there. Make certain the boars are prepared immediately, and set the cooks about the task. Oh, and find the elf, Agilaz. I want him there as well."

The man gave Boren a light nod of his head and with an affirmative hurried off to make all of the arrangements, including personally inviting Korack, Agliaz and Janick to Borens feast hall for that night. In the meantime Boren allows the party to relax, and gives them drink and a place to stay until the feast at mid day.

Gamblerjoe
2011-03-07, 01:37 PM
Ford

The massive half-orc anxiously awaits the feast. He exchanges battle stories with several Cairndal's soldiers, then awaits the arrival of the Grom brothers so he can tell them of their victory first hand.

Daravon_35
2011-03-07, 03:38 PM
Korack paced back and forth in his room as he seemingly muttered to himself. He had arrived two days earlier in hopes to talk to Boren, but all he had done is wait. And now news had finally reached him that Boren had arrived back at the hamlet and in fact a feast was to happen this very night.

He sighed with worry and anticipation, the feast was as good as any place to try to carry out the negotiations with Boren and he always did enjoy a good feast, but he just hoped he'd be able to gain Boren's ear long enough to carry it out.

The thoughts swirled through his head as he seemed to converse with himself some more, still pacing back and forth in his room, waiting for the feast to begin.

Before Korack leaves for the feast he'll chant a small prayer to Thor and cast Blessing of the Spirits on himself.

Not sure how much you all want me to describe Korack physically, especially since it's on his character sheet. Which can be found here:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=279930

vikingofdoom
2011-03-07, 04:02 PM
Agilaz remains in his dwelling, wondering at who managed to finally meet the warrior who ended the gnoll raids. He ponders what sort of warrior could do so, and what legends would arise from this hero. Smiling to himself, he thinks I should adventure with that man. He would really help me with my legends. He remains in contemplation until the feast, where he will meet the hero of Cairndal.

Ipphli
2011-03-07, 09:30 PM
Gunnar

Gunnar decides to find a temple and pray. Although not normally a religious man, he worried that their future mission was...different. All the talk of destiny and birthright? It wasn't something Gunnar thought much about. On the way to the temple, the barbarian buys a goat. Slinging the small animal over his shoulder, he carries it to the temple.

There, Gunnar offers the goat to the priest, requesting he sacrifice the animal to Odin for him, perhaps perform a divination for him as well.

Cleavon
2011-03-09, 10:05 AM
Ford

As the half-orc speaks with various soldiers and militia men of Cairndal, the hour grows towards the feast time. With only an hour remaining before he is to present himself at the feast, a wagon pulled by two shaggy Oxen trundles through the inner gate and thunders to a stop.

Two dwarves hop out, and begin speaking to a couple of the men nearby, who take the wagons reins and lead it off towards the feast hall. The two dwarves quickly noticed the taller half-orc and approached. They were boisterous, and had long flowing beards, the two obviously brothers, or related in some way. They were in fact Hurlton and Bartlet Gromm.

"Och! Ford! We've lead a caravan from Brummundal, weapons, armor, food and supplies. High druid Tehjnar sent one of his own along, to give news of some import. Come! Help us load the casks of dwarven brew into the hall and tell us of your triumphs!"

Gunnar

Approaching the temple Gunnar is greeted by a barrel chests man with snowy white hair, holy symbol of Oden hanging about his neck. He wore clean furs, as white as his hair and when he took the goat from Gunnar he nodded wordlessly.

Making their way inside the man lay the goat upon a great altar, and after a short prayer to the might of Oden he slew the goat, its blood pooling under it and running down into the ceremonial basins, filling them up slowly as the man turned and gave Gunnar a hard look.

"Oden has blessed your journey. My divination was granted, to some degree. I see the fate of our kingdom hinging upon you and the warriors you travel with. I see, a diverging of paths, and new warriors among your number. Oden has granted only these visions to me. Go with the blessing of all Asgaard, and enjoy the feast"

Agilaz

The elfs contemplations are disturbed by Boren himself. the great tree of a man greets his elven friend heartily, before sitting down with him to discuss some important matters.

"Agilaz, my friend. It has been long that you have held our walls with your bow. You taught many of my men how to better watch these monster infested forests, and to pick enemies off with precision they lacked. However now I feel your talents might be better served for the good of Nelgaard. I have spoken with a High Druid, sent along from Brummundal, and the heros I accompanied here will be in need of assistance. Their number will dwindle soon after the feast, and those that press on will need someone with skill like yours. What do you say?"

Korack

One of Borens men comes to the spirit shaman as he is preparing for the feast. He assures the man that he will finally get his chance to speak with their leader, and that the feast will begin shortly.

As Korack makes his final preparations, and heads out towards the feast hall, he notices much of the bustling about the city is directed towards that grand hall. Dwarves, a half-Orc and even an elf or two can be seen gathering at the halls entrance.

Cleavon
2011-03-09, 10:14 AM
The Feast

As the feast is called, Boren stands at the head of a great table, roast boar, bread, cheese and great tankards of dwarven ale mark the table, along with various berries and other fruits. The spread is rather huge, the table flowing down a full fifty feet, people packed on either side of the long wood banquet table.

"Friends! Warriors! The gnoll scourge has lost its leadership, and our advanced scouts how that the gnolls are even now fighting for leadership. Their number is cut by more than half already, and its not been half a day!"

The hall roars with cheers and praise, and Boren lifts the horn in his hand and swills down the dwarven ale, pouring himself another. The Brothers Gromm are sitting with Ford, Korack sits at Borens left side, Borens wife at his right. Gunnar and Fengr sit across from Aldi, Kjersti and Simba, while the member of the High Druids council sits next to Aldi and converses with her. Agilaz sits next to Korack, among the warriors that managed to fell the gnoll leadership. Janick sits close by, able to hear all conversations and indulge in any he wishes.

The feast begins in full, people filling their crude plates and drinking ale to their content.

vikingofdoom
2011-03-09, 11:08 AM
Agilaz enjoys the feast, eating and drinking as much as the next man (maybe not literally, but still). After the feast he seeks out the leader of the warriors Boren told him to help, offering his skill with the bow to aid there quest.

Daravon_35
2011-03-09, 12:56 PM
Korack lets out a hearty roar at the news of the gnoll's population being diminished. Those foul creatures had been more then enough trouble for everyone. As the feast gets underway Korack enjoys himself as much as he can, eating and talking with those around him, still waiting for a lull in the feast when he can bring up talk of the negotiations with Boren.

As the lull finally seems to come, well as much of a lull as much as it might get during such a grand feast, Korack finally turns to Borne, giving him a friendly slap on the back and says, "Friend, I hear you're one of the ones to thank for vanquishing those Gnolls. I can only imagine what a fine battle it must have been. I'm sure the spirits guided your weapon on that day! But praise and admiration are not the only reason I talk to you now. I have come in hopes of opening a negotiation between your people and mine. I have hopes we can either discuss this now or in private later"

sitandbehitski
2011-03-09, 03:03 PM
Janick scans the crowd with a detect evil, afterward he talks with Boren aout Lopt the Treacherous and any potential spies for him that he may have uncovered recently.

Gamblerjoe
2011-03-09, 04:23 PM
Ford

Ford helps the Grom brothers with the casks, always impressed at how their strength exceeds his own.

He sits beside the dwarven brothers and joins in their toasts. He discuses the battle, and the situation with the gnolls. He is told of the additions to the group, and takes the news with great excitement. More sword arms for the journey ahead! Praise the pantheon!

Ford doesn't care if one is an elf. In his youth, he never heard the stories of war between orc and elf. He was simply beaten, and put to work in the gladiator pits, living a childhood completely devoid of education or leisure. It is said that his father Gorn harbored a legendary hatred for elves, second only to his hatred of Hobgoblins.

It was an elf, in fact, that taught Ford to use a bow. He never took well to his hunting and fishing training, but in target practice, Ford learned to do quite well. Eventually, his archery mentor saw fit to craft him a bow conducive to his great strength. The massive thing was constructed from layers of oak, darkwood and ironwood, and lamanated with horn from a white dragonspawn hourdling. Its extreme re-curve is a clear indication of the bow's incredible draw weight. Ford carries and wields it with pride, despite the fact that it is not his weapon of choice. It's actually the second most valuable thing Ford owns, behind his only magical item.

Ipphli
2011-03-10, 09:36 AM
Gunnar

Gunnar spent most of the feast uncharacteristically quite and solemn. The priest's words had unsettled the young man. The fate of the kingdom on his and his companions shoulders? Why them? His father was a much braver and more capable warrior; why not him? Part of Gunnar wanted nothing more than to get roaring drunk and forget all of his responsibilities for a night. However, that didn't seem the right thing to do either.

As soon as it was polite to do so, the barbarian excused himself from the feast and left. As he was walking down the street, he hears someone calling out to him. One hand going to the hilt of his sword, the warrior turns to see an elf walking towards him.

Listening to the elf's words, Gunnar nods. "We can use all the aid we can find, I think. Your bow will be most welcome." He offers his hand to the man. "My name is Gunnar Sigurdson. Who might you be?"

vikingofdoom
2011-03-10, 10:31 AM
I am Agilaz. I have come to aid you at the request of Boren.

The elf stands there, his bow towering over him, a monster made of bone and sinew, with a quiver of foot long arrows at his side.

Ipphli
2011-03-10, 11:09 AM
Gunnar

Gunnar eyes the bow for a moment before smiling at the elf. "Then I am definitely glad to have you along. Anyone suggested by Boren is very welcome. That is a curious weapon you carry; I admit I've never seen its like."

sitandbehitski
2011-03-10, 12:10 PM
After talking for some time Janick notices the heroes leave, he excuses himself and follows them and approaches Gunnar.

"Greetings Gunnar Sigurdson," Janick says. "I am Janick Gers of Selnord. I have heard of your return from the raids and of your recent conquests against the Gnolls. I am an Inquisitor for Oden and have uncovered agents of Lopt the Treacherous in my homeland. His corruption stretches far, a passive stance is not enough in these times. The infection must be cut off at it's source. Your parties direct approach is the correct course of action and I would be honored to join it if I could to lend whatever aid I can."

vikingofdoom
2011-03-10, 12:16 PM
I thank you for your welcome, brave sir. This weapon you a wondering about is a bone bow, it is made from the bones of a mammoth, and is able to deal with any level of pull. I could help you find some for your men, or let the bowers here study it to able to make new copies if you like. A word of warning though-it requires specialized training to be useable with any sort of speed or accuracy. While describing the bone bow, he takes it and points out how it works to Gunnar.

Daravon_35
2011-03-10, 12:41 PM
As the feast winds down and Korack gets Boren away in private to discuss the negotiations, he quickly heads out of the great hall to find these warriors Boren has instructed him to find.

He soon arrives on the scene he sees three men talking, one of them seemingly showing the other his bow. He stands there and just observes for a moment before making his presence known, then finally he speaks, his words soft, yet strong, "Excuse me, my good men, but Boren had instructed us to come find you with great haste. He said that you all were on an important mission, but didn't explain past that."

Korack pauses for a moment, trying to gather his thoughts before continuing, "The fact that you were also responsible for defeating the gnoll scum, means we are in your debt already as they were quite the detriment to my tribe. In fact it is by Thor's honor that we shall aid you, in whatever problem is at hand. I proudly and with honor lend you my spear."

Let me know how that is to read, the other gray seemed to close to black to me, not sure if this one will be too light. Also sorry if that seems rushed or sloppy, I didn't want to make the joining the party too big or long, especially since there's three of us joining up.

Oh also Korack usually refers to himself in the plural since he considers his bear spirit guide a seperate part of him, thus the "we" and "us" parts in there. Also just want to say thanks for letting me join, really excited to be a part of this group and this game! :smallbiggrin:

Ipphli
2011-03-10, 08:27 PM
Gunnar

The warrior looks over at the two men as they introduce themselves and make their intentions known. An inquisitor? Gunnar had heard stories about such men, and they made him leery of the man. However, who was he to turn down help? "A pleasure to meet you Janick Gers of Selnord. Your help will be most welcome."

Turning towards the other man, he smiles and offers his hand. "It will be my honor to have you fight alongside us. My name is Gunnar Sigurdson. And you are?"

Daravon_35
2011-03-10, 11:42 PM
A small smile appears on Korack's face, more out of embaressment then anything else, "Oh I'm sorry, my name is Korack. I have been guided both by Boren and the spirits to your aid."

Cleavon
2011-03-11, 10:53 AM
Korack

Boren leads the shaman into an adjoining room, and after several minutes of jovial talk, fueled by the ale Boren had been consuming in great quantity, he agreed that Korack would make the perfect representative for the surrounding tribes, and Boren would be more than happy to lend any aid he could spare to them.

Ford

The brothers Gromm drink and carouse with the half-orc for some time, praising Strudder Kojin and whatever god seemed ready for a cheer, if only to drink more.

Bartlet turned to Ford then, and looked around the feast hall.

Looks like yer friends all went out for some fresh air lad. Don't ye be lettin' this whole grand quest deal get you all worked up. Keep your head, and do the will of the gods, and everything will turn out for the better!

Ford, Fengr

As the feast dwindles, Gunnar, Agilaz, Korack and Janick are found to have gone outside for some air, and to speak about their coming journey. The druid that accompanied the caravan from Brummundal approaches the table, addressing Ford, Fengr, Valgard, Kjersti and Aldi.

"The druid Tehjnar has sent me to speak with your number. There have been developments in Brummundal and on the southeastern front, where the Fire Giants press through the Ru kingdom to threaten our borders.

He had instructed me to accompany Aldi, Valgard, and Kjersti back to Brummundal. He has thought long and hard on this, and these three he hopes will be able to help fortify Brummundals remaining warriors, the recent increase in attacks along the south eastern front have left us with no choice but to send most of our warriors there, so their presence is required.

I have spoken with Boren at length...he has informed me of three warriors with their own personal quests, and interests in seeing this quest to its frutition. I am confident this is not coincidence, but the will of the gods! Tehjnar bade me to send you to meet an agent of his, a druid named Fafnal.

Fafnal lives just outside of Selnord, a sure sign of his presence will be a great hawk, circling the tundra above where he hunts. Keep your eye to the skies once you crest the hills and are able to see Selnord on the horizon.

Go with the will of the gods, warriors. We leave in the morning for our respective journeys. Mister Ford, Mister Gangari, I suggest you gather your friends and get some rest."

Gamblerjoe
2011-03-11, 03:18 PM
Ford
"Then we set out at dawn! Ford will find your druid no problem!"

After a few more mugs of ale, and some flexing for his new friends, Ford heads back to his hut, knowing he will rest well on his full belly. Before turning in, he lays out his breastplate and white furs. He sets his falchion, which he honed while waiting for the feast to start, next to his sleeping area, safe in its scabbard.

drakir_nosslin
2011-03-13, 05:27 AM
Fengr

The totemist finds himself in a feast once more, the second one in a short time, and he tries to enjoy it as much as he can, even though he likes the company of the stars more than loud warriors.
After the battle against the gnolls he had felt tired and dizzy, probably from blood loss, and he had helped where he could in cleaning out the camp before falling asleep in one of the wagons on their way back to Cairndal.
Now he was hearing how the group of former prisoners were splitting up and he could not help it but feel a little sad, they had experienced much together and he would miss them as friends.
"If that is how the council wants it, I will not protest."
He says to the druid. Then he turns to the rest of the group.
"Aldi, Kjersti, Valgard. We shared much during our time together, and I hope to see you again in this life. But I know that we will feast together again in Valhall. Until then, take care and may the gods guide you to the best of battles."

Cleavon
2011-03-14, 10:45 AM
Everyone

News is brought by Fengr, Boren and Ford to the group outside the feast hall. With the word that they depart in the morning, Agliaz, Gunnar, Korack, Janick, Ford and Fengr are all told they can sleep in the feast hall, beds being prepared and the feast cleared away at that very moment.

Aldi, Kjersti and Valgard spend their night sleeping restlessly, unsure what is happening back home and eager to get there to lend a hand.

In the morning the two groups part ways, One back to Brummundal and the stalwart heroes pressing onward to the north and east. The trade road is wide and solid, and once the party meets it the traveling goes by much easier. It is a full three day ride to Selnord, and the meeting with Fafnal the druid.

At the end of the second day, camp is made in the cleft under a large mound of rock. It is higher than the surrounding countryside, the wind harsh but the rocks allowing you a fire to push away the cold. To the east the shadow of a great pillar can be made out. It is the trunk of Yggdrasil, the world tree. As the sun sets its color turns more to that of its bark, and then it is lost in the dusk of night.

The journey nears its end, a mere few miles left before Selnord, and when you crest a hill the countryside is spread out before your eyes. The trade road cuts through soft rolling hills, the ground dusted with snow. To the east a few hundred yards a hawk circles, diving down every now and again.

Daravon_35
2011-03-16, 08:32 AM
Korack points out towards the hawk, "There! There's Fafnal's hawk." Korack smiled to himself and thought, hopefully the rest of their journey would be this easy.

Sorry for not posting for a bit, was hoping the party leader or someone who's been around longer then me would, but I'll definitely get the ball rolling if I can.

Gamblerjoe
2011-03-17, 02:53 PM
Ford
"The Hawk! Yeah! Were supposed to go to the Hawk!" Ford cheerfully follows Korack down the hill to meet the guardian of this area. He keeps his eyes open for danger as they head off trail into the fluffy snow.

Cleavon
2011-03-19, 12:45 PM
The snow is easy to walk through, and only as deep as the bottom laces of your boots. The fluffy stuff peels away from your tromping footsteps as you make your way into the soft rolling hills, Fafnals hawk a beacon leading the party towards his location.

Once cresting the last hill a strange sight unfolds before the party. A great worm like beast, with white scales and large frills running down its back circles about a medium height man with feathers adorning his cloak. The snow around the roaring beast seems to melt away and dissolve into water.

The beast lunges forward, its many legs carrying it with some speed at the druid, and its mouth gapes wide. The druid is engulfed by that fiendish mouth, and as the worm like beast rears back he can be seen being swallowed down its gullet.

Current Positions
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/Remorhaazfight1.gif

sitandbehitski
2011-03-19, 02:12 PM
"The beast has eaten the druid!" Janick shouts thrusting his spear forward. "Kill the foul thing!"

Once Janick is able to react he moves forward and to the right 20ft to D15 and casts Bull's Strength on himself increasing his strength to 22.

Initiative:

[roll0]

vikingofdoom
2011-03-19, 03:26 PM
That mighty beast must be slain now! Don't let it escape with the druid! Agilaz shouts to the others, pulling out his bow and firing off a shot.

Initiative: [roll0], draw bone bow, arrow: [roll1] to hit, [roll2] damage, [roll3] to confirm if threatening a crit.