PDA

View Full Version : Wizards in High School-IC

Ilmryn
2010-10-05, 05:20 PM
It is the Monday of the first week of school, and you have just arrived at school. You get off the bus, and into a hallway brimming with people. At first glance, this looks like any large high school, but you are among the few who know what lurks below the surface...
The general student body has an inkling that something weird is going on, but they tend to subconciously supress it. The real person in charge of the school is the mysterious character called the mage. He is rumored to be powerful enough to do magic without words or gestures, and no one knows who he is.
You step into the hallway, ready(or not) for a new week of school. You have about 20 minutes before classes start. What do you do?

OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170903)

Schedule:
A Day
Honors Algebra 2(math)
Honors Biology(science)
Lunch
Elective 1(your choice)
Elective 2

B day
AP World History(counts as social studies)
Elective 3(likely a foreign language)
Gym
Lunch
Honors English

The mage
2010-10-06, 08:59 PM
First of all, my speaking color is blue. Leonard walks through the hallways, looking for his locker (or wherever you put your stuff) and then hangs around his first class. He looks very handsome looks has emerald green eyes and brown hair. He stands out in the crowd because of his status in clothes etc. He also looks like he would be a good leader.

PersonMan
2010-10-07, 12:43 AM
Selena speaks in purple.

At this point, she's getting used to where her locker/storage space is, while chatting with a bunch of people who think she's amazing(or something like that). She does, however, keep an eye out for anyone who looks unusual.

She Telereceives a few people who've been here before to get to know the school better.

Skill: [roll0]
[roll1]
Against 15.

The mage
2010-10-07, 03:27 PM
While not trying to look at girls who seem to look at him longingly, Leonard Checks his iPhone and goes into his first period class room with his stuff.

Ilmryn
2010-10-07, 03:42 PM
You find your stuff pretty well, the school is large, but the layout is generally straightforward.
@the mage: Leonard gets to his class with about 10 minutes reamaining. Appearantly, someone seems to have found out his new email adress, as his inbox is clogged by emails from various girls...
@PersonMan: You pick up various thoughts, mostly the usual teenage worries. However, you notice a few unusual things. One person, a large bully-type guy, seems to be afraid of something, some kind of mystreious humiliation. You also pick up that he broke up with his girlfriend recently.
Also, you read the mind of a girl callled Baylee. You know her from middle school, she is the kind of mentality that doesn't really care about school. She is thinking of some kind of plan, and is doing the mental equivalent of an evil chuckle. Then you pick up the thoughts of Bob, known as slightly crazy and somewhat perverted. You learn a few obscene things you didn't need to know...

The mage
2010-10-07, 04:12 PM
I might as well reply to the girls but I tell them that I don't even know them yet and we'll see about their luck. Then I get out my algebra 2 stuff and hang out with any friends from middle school (if there are any in my class) for the last five minutes.

PersonMan
2010-10-08, 01:03 AM
Selera will head to her first class, using her knowledge of social situations to pluck herself from the group in a smooth, graceful fashion.

Once there, she'll prepare for the class and Telereceive a couple more people.

Rolls: [roll0]
[roll1]
VS 15 again.

sdeligar
2010-10-08, 03:34 AM
(Going with something a little different I think Orange will work well for him.)

Since he's new to the area and wouldn't know anybody Marcus spends his time getting to know the layout of the school as well as watching the other student so he can figure out who belongs to what clique. And of course anything strange or unusual for him to check out.

Ilmryn
2010-10-08, 03:17 PM
Neither of you seem to find anything obviously weird. You get to your first period class.(Algebra 2 for all of you) Most people have already taken their seats, and pretty soon, the bell rings. The teacher enters the classroom. She is an oldre woman, with white hair and glasses, and a strict-looking face. "Good morning, class. I am Mrs. Gynther, your math teacher. As this is an honors class, I expect each and every one of you to do your best and excel..." She lapses into a long speech about the rigors of the class, the importance of doing homework, some rules and regulations and the while. Do you want to do anything?

The mage
2010-10-09, 08:33 AM
As nothing seems weird to me either, I suppose I'll just draw some pictures fr fun after a while. I make it look like I'm taking notes.

sdeligar
2010-10-10, 01:16 PM
After only a couple minutes from the long winded speech his mind starts to wander and he opens his book and starts scanning over the pages.

Ilmryn
2010-10-10, 07:09 PM
...and therefore the system is bad because you don't have enough math. With that she concludes her speech; almost half the class period is done. Now, open your books and read the first section of chapter one, and take notes. She sits down at her desk and sips from a glass of water. A few minutes pass, and once a few people start to wisper quietly, she yells NO TALKING! and then goes back to doing something on her computer. This looks like a boring period.

Note
Usually, after each of my posts, I will wait for everyone to post before I post again. Please try not to wait to long to post, and don't comlain that I'm being slow before everyone else has posted once.

The mage
2010-10-11, 04:18 PM
I read the section and then I take notes about the most important stuff.

PersonMan
2010-10-12, 03:47 AM
Selera does the same, making sure that her handwriting is perfect and so going at a slightly lower pace than she might otherwise.

sdeligar
2010-10-14, 03:22 PM
About halfway through the chapter he finds his mind wander and just can't seem to concentrate on the book. Looking around the classroom again he props his book to best hide what he's doing. Pulling a small pouch from his backpack he digs through it quiet and pulls small stones until he finds what he's looking for the places them so they are well hidden from watchers.

Ilmryn

Trying to notice any magic in the area
Ansuz(Insight) rune [roll0] DC 15
Perthro(Magiz/Mystery) rune [roll1] DC 15
Draw [roll2] DC 16

The mage
2010-10-14, 03:41 PM
As this teacher seems like she wants her class to be perfect. I write in my neatest hand writing.[roll0] against 16 in calligraphy.

Ilmryn
2010-10-14, 05:24 PM
sdeligar: Your spell fails partially, you think you have strenghtened magic auras in the reigon, but you are not sure, and you don't get any information. You're pretty sure you made yourself obvious to any magic-users in the area.
I'm not sure how the 4ed rune syste works, it seems slightly different, so I'll be doing what i can with 3ed rules.

the mage: The teacher gives an approving nod as she sees your notes.

PersonMan
2010-10-15, 06:17 AM
I was assuming I wouldn't need a Calligraphy roll for something so mundane, but alright, if Mage needed to: [roll0] against 15.

The mage
2010-10-17, 09:08 AM
When I'm done with my notes I just read a book. ilmryn: check ur pms

Ilmryn
2010-10-18, 05:49 PM
The teacher is occupied with Destruct-o-Blocks 3, and doesn't notice anything as long as it's quiet.

Mysterious roll: [roll0]

One student in the room, a smallish kid who would probably look nerdy if he had glasses, seems to notice something, but you don't know what...

Looking up at the clock, you see that 5 minutes are remaining of the class.

The mage
2010-10-18, 08:30 PM
I gather all my stuff and when the bell rings I try to get to my next class as fast as possible so that I don't have to make any excuses for the girls...

PersonMan
2010-10-19, 04:45 AM
Selena packs up her stuff to leave and works out how much time she can spend talking to arrive at the next class with enough time to get ready.

sdeligar
2010-10-19, 08:06 PM
Quickly sweeping the remains of the rune into his bag he grabs his stuff and heads for the door cursing himself for not being more careful.

Ilmryn
2010-10-20, 06:57 PM
The bell rings, and you move into the hallway to get to your next class. In the hallway, you are approached by the small nerdy kid form earlier. He hands Leonard and Markus each a slip of paper.
Contents of note:
You have perhaps heard of the one called the Mage. You have shown signs of magic powers, and he wishes to talk to you. Come to the call-out meeting of the RPG club at the frist meeting tomorrow after school.

The mage
2010-10-21, 12:14 PM
Reading the note quickly, I then hide it quickly and head for my next class.

PersonMan
2010-10-21, 01:09 PM
Selena chats with some of her admirers before going to her next class.

Once there, she'll Telereceive a few people coming in out of boredom.

Rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Against 15.

Ilmryn
2010-10-21, 03:56 PM
In the biology class is the girl you telerecieved earlier. She seems to be planning something, and is doing the mental equivalent of an evil laugh. She mumbles some words, and a sharp pin appears on the teacher's chair. The teacher is out in the hallway and doesn't notice any of this.

PersonMan
2010-10-22, 06:34 AM
Selera raises her eyebrows and makes a mental note about the girl. However, she doesn't do anything about the magically-created tack.

The mage
2010-10-22, 01:23 PM
I get all my stuff for my next class and then I talk with my friends for the rest of the time until the bell rings

sdeligar
2010-10-23, 12:47 AM
He reads over the note a couple times before shoving it in his pocket and heading for class. Once there he sits in his seat and considers how he should respond to it.

Ilmryn
2010-10-24, 10:27 AM
The bell rings, and the teacher, a middle aged woman enters the classroom. "Good morning, class. I am Ms. Laretia," she says, in an annoyingly cheerful voice. "Now this has got to be the oldest prank in the world. Are you kindergartners or what? Who put this pin on my chair?" Her voice is entirely unsuited to being angry, and her next comment is lost in the general laughter of the class.

sdeligar
2010-10-26, 12:58 PM
He looks around the classroom a bit confused as he had completely missed what had happened.

PersonMan
2010-10-26, 01:09 PM
Selena sighs and waits for the laughter to die down. She makes a mental note of this incident for later.

She also inspects the girl more closely-is she remarkable in any way, physically or mentally?

Telereceive:
[roll0]
Vs 115.

Ilmryn
2010-10-26, 03:13 PM
Vs 115.

I doubt that, so I will assume it is a typo, and us your usual skill of 15 :smallbiggrin:

PersonMan only:
You notice that she does have some magical capacity, she seems to know mostly illusion spells. She is thinking of what to say next.

PersonMan
2010-10-27, 12:31 AM
Selera makes a mental note of that, turning her attention back to Ms. Pink.

The mage
2010-10-30, 09:05 AM
I wait for the laughter to silence and look around to see of anything else weird is happening in this classroom.

Ilmryn
2010-10-30, 12:58 PM
At that point, Baylee, the girl who made the tack appear, speaks up.
"What in the world are you talking about, there is nothing on your chair?"
"Of course there is, I can see it with my own eyes."
Baylee leaps up, walks to the teacher's chair, and sits on it. She shows no signs of pain. "Maybe you should get glasses.
General laugher ensues, and the teacher looks nonplussed.

PersonMan
2010-10-30, 03:58 PM
Selena makes a note of the girl's name and smiles knowingly, hitting her with a quick Telereceive.

VS 15.
[roll0]

Ilmryn
2010-11-01, 04:30 PM
PersonMan only:
The spell she used was an illusion. It appears it was part of a bet that she would be able to sit on the teachers chair in her presence without getting in trouble.

"Well, I guess we'll get started then. I hope you are all ready for an exciting year with exciting labs and exciting lessons and exciting notes..."
She continues into a speech, marred by her annoyingly cheerful voice and her overuse of the word exciting.

The mage
2010-11-02, 02:44 PM
When I see her jump up on her chair without feeling pain, I realize that something weird is going on and feel like the girl might have magic powers.