PDA

View Full Version : The flying jump! [3.5]

Halae
2010-10-05, 06:47 PM
I was recently playing in a game where I got the grand idea to use my half-dragon's* swift jump maneuver as I flew after a retreating wyvern, you know, so that I could cause some more damage. and then we hit a wall.

Are you able to make jump checks while flying? I don't know if you can. there seems to be nothing against it, but I'd much rather have confirmation before e screw something up. we're sticklers for rules in my group, though they can be overruled by good roleplaying or story points, so, while the DM allowed it for that instance, he said we needed a confirmation if I wanted to try that again.

*Don't worry, I'm not using the horrible 3.5 template. We ported the one from pathfinder, as it's more for less

Cog
2010-10-05, 08:07 PM
I'm not aware of anything explicit, but a few winged races get a bonus on jump checks for the use of their wings. Further, Sudden Leap just has you make a jump check, not actually jump - in fact, it describes motion in a straight line, while actual jumps follow an arc even by 3.5's abstractions.