PDA

View Full Version : Entry Requirements for Dweomerkeeper

Alleran
2010-10-05, 11:03 PM
Is there any means of gaining entry into the class without having to waste a level in Cleric? This is, of course, presuming that your goal is to maximise your arcane casting rather than Divine. Since the golden rule is to never give up caster levels, there's probably a feat (or series of feats) around that can compensate for not taking a Cleric level, but I haven't been able to find it yet and was wondering if anybody else had any ideas (Dragon Magazine is an acceptable source). I originally thought to use the Arcane Disciple feat from Complete Divine, but that casts them as arcane spells rather than divine.

Getting the arcane requirement with a feat seems to be easy (Magical Training, from Player's Guide to Faerun), but the reverse is oddly not so that I can find thus far.

Gralamin
2010-10-05, 11:11 PM
I'm not by my 3.5 books currently, but If all you need cleric for is divine casting, you could go Ur-Priest.

Alleran
2010-10-05, 11:22 PM
It also requires the Magic domain, an Item Creation feat and a Metamagic feat.

Fax Celestis
2010-10-05, 11:31 PM
Couldn't you pick up the domain with Arcane Devotee?

Claudius Maximus
2010-10-05, 11:38 PM
Southern Magician from Races of Faerun should do the trick.

I hear there's some feat called Alternative Source Spell or something like hat in one of the Dragon issues. Maybe look into that.

Fax Celestis
2010-10-05, 11:40 PM
Alt Source Spell requires you to already be a doublecaster.

Nohwl
2010-10-06, 12:10 AM
singer of concordance gives the magic domain if you have 2 levels in the class, but you need 3rd level divine spells. planar touchstone might qualify as the magic domain if you take catalouges of enlightenment.

edit- missed the arcane caster part

Petrocorus
2010-10-06, 01:53 PM
Couldn't you pick up the domain with Arcane Devotee?

Where can i find this?

Getting the arcane requirement with a feat seems to be easy (Magical Training, from Player's Guide to Faerun), but the reverse is oddly not so that I can find thus far.

You can also take 10 level in Rainbow Servant.

Tyndmyr
2010-10-06, 02:11 PM
It also requires the Magic domain, an Item Creation feat and a Metamagic feat.

Item creation and metamagic feats are easily acheivable. The magic domain is somewhat less so. Domain wizard doesn't have that as an option. Sure, there are PrCs that add domains, but I dont recall any of them that avoid the primary problem of losing caster levels.

Fax Celestis
2010-10-06, 02:16 PM
Where can i find this?

Sorry, Arcane Disciple. It's in Comp. Divine.

For a monetary, temporary solution, you could try domain draughts from DMG-II.

Alleran
2010-10-06, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys. I actually think Southern Magician may have solved my problem, because the DM ruled (and told me a few hours ago) that Arcane Disciple "counts" as having access to the domain I picked (Magic, obviously). Since the spells are cast as arcane, though (despite going off wisdom), I still needed the ability to cast divine spells, which Southern Magician solved. Dweomerkeeper, here I come.