PDA

View Full Version : Storm peace

Redman
2010-10-06, 07:37 AM
This is the ingame thread.

I will insert some house rules here of the game and for the way we are going to use this thread.
1) Use normal letters to explain what your PC does ingame.
2) Use coloured text for when your PC speaks
ex: Mikkel the half-human charges the half-halfing screaming:
Im gonna cut you in half.
3) use spoilers for rolls
4) use italic for small offgame topics, as questions or advice.

If you dont now how to post these things check this link
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode#spoiler

PCs' sheets

Archibald the Unwanted (http://jackwalker.host-ed.net/archibald.html) Garwain
Malykai (Mali) Thistlebrook (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=245119)Kassie
Reanna Brall (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=244574) KingRyan
Wilhelm Gurd (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=244322)Ismar

Redman
2010-10-06, 07:48 AM
It is at the end of the day in long, hard week where the weather have been getting increasingly worse. All the locals of the region have crawled into shelter and is huddle together at the fire. But some seem to have been caught in the storm, near a old tower. The storms contains thunder and lighting alike and the hard rain is pouring down upon them.
The four strangers are two humans, one half-orc and a gnome. All three looks at the others. Maybe someone will introduce storm peace?

STORM-PEACE
The custom of storm-peace evolved long ago in response to the sudden and severe storms that plague this area. All characters native to the region
should already be aware of it. The basic concept is that an automatic truce
exists between all individuals and groups who seek shelter in neutral territory during a lightning storm. Such weather is simply too dangerous for fighting,
regardless of people’s feelings toward one other. Storm-peace is assumed to be in effect unless someone specifically rejects it. Even so, whenever
two strangers meet during a lightning storm, they often greet one another by asking “Storm-peace?” simply to ensure that the other knows and respects
the tradition.

The sky has been slowly darkening all day, and the smell of rain has been thick in the air. Now it has finally begun to fall, accompanied by loud peals of thunder that seem to roll across the landscape. The sun is hidden behind massive stormclouds, and a cold wind blows from the north. As bolts of lightning begin to slam from cloud to ground and pieces of hail begin to strike the earth, the need for shelter becomes obvious. Ahead in the distance, a large tor rises from the ground, its form illuminated by the occasional
lightning bolt. It seems rocky and solid, and though climbing it in this weather would be folly, it might have some outcropping that would provide safety from the storm. The only alternative is to endure the weather.

Garwain
2010-10-06, 08:32 AM
With the swelling storm arriving, Archibald looks over to the tower. In these weather conditions it's best not to postpone decissions. He knows it is important to seek cover first.

I hope the men know Stormpeace. Me really not want trouble now.

As the wind plays with his protective clothing, he tries not to head staight into the wind. With his eyes half closed from flying debri he nodges to the closest human:

Stormpeace? Let's get shelter, me getting soaked.

His deep voice was heard through the incomming storm. Archibald tried to sound friendly, but being an half-Orc always makes people react differently.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-06, 01:16 PM
"Aye storm peace, I'd rather not get soaked in this weather.", Reanna walks forward presenting her hand to the Half-Orc.

Kassie
2010-10-06, 01:44 PM
"Oh bloody hell! I don't mind a bit of drizzle but this is a whole 'nother story!" Malykai grumbled, pulling her cloak tighter around her small frame. The gnome shivered, turning to look at the large canine by her side. "Oh Fausty...you are gonna smell SO bad."

Mali looked around at the others huddled in the storm, her gaze lingering on the half-orc a tad longer than the others. Hesitantly, she nodded. "Aye, Stormpeace. The sooner we get outta this misery the better." She paused for a moment, her lips pursed together thoughtfully. After a moment she speaks up, craning her neck to tild her head up at Archibald. "I mean...you're not gonna try and eat me right? Or step on me. Or sit on me... Not a big fan of gettin' squooshed and all yknow?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-06, 01:47 PM
Reanna laughs, "Hehe, getting sat on?"

Kassie
2010-10-06, 02:02 PM
"What? He's BIG! I'm little!" Mali nodded sagely. "All it takes is one little oopsie...then BAM! Gnome pancake." She gestures wildly throughout her explanation, ending with a soft giggle. Obviously she bears no ill-will towards the half-orc, even if his size makes her slightly nervous. Her riding dog whines softly, nudging her hand. Mali pats him on the head. "Anyhow, where to? I suppose that the tower is really our only choice of shelter..."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-06, 02:05 PM
"We should, lets save the rest of the formalities for when we get inside." As she finishes she pats Mali on the back urging her ahead, and then moves on herself.

dzukelica
2010-10-06, 02:16 PM
Allready wet to the bone from this neverending wawes of rain splashing all over him and muttering curses in his chin while eyeing the all black sky above him, Wilhelm was pleasantly surprised when he saw the cover - the tower on a hill just some 30 feet near him, dangerously atractin lightnings from the sky.
He tought of staying where he is for a second, just a second as next lightning strike seemed to hit with her magnificent thunder right next to him, so close it was it actually blinded him for a second. When he regain the sense of sight, the warm or at least "not get killed by lightning" shelter of old tower was his only option, and he began to run with great speed to his destination, climbing and runing over rocks like a wildman.
He finaly got close to the entrance but from inside he heard some sound mixed with nearby thunder, "it could be nothing" he tought, but then again, it could be everything in this cruel and harsh land.
He drawed his greatsword and entered the safe and dry shelter, his eyes bulging from surprize when he saw half orc, goblin and human - all armed and casualy chatting with each other.
Wilhelm just stood there with his greatsword menacingly pointed to them knowing that if they attack - he has no way of defeating them by himself while all eyes together turned around to meet him...

_

Uh, i kinda misenterpret their posts like they all already in. If i can arrive just at the moment the three of them got inside, think its cool. If not, il rewrite it.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-06, 02:19 PM
"Another requesting shelter and storm peace? Come in and get warm!"

dzukelica
2010-10-06, 02:29 PM
Wilhelm closely checked the girl who invited him in temple, "nice" he tought, cause she was looking beautiful, especially still wet from this neverending drought of rain falling outside but not at the moment droping his gaze at her other two companions, half orc and gnome.. half orc especially..

"Storm peace ? " he asked, still holding his sword tight.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-06, 02:32 PM
The gnomes the female... the human (me) is the male monk

"Aye to stop fighting in the face of the gods wrath, this storm of lightning"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-06, 02:38 PM
No I was confused I am a Paladin, lol

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-06, 02:42 PM
I made a oopsie, I am a paladin my bad

MageofMystra
2010-10-06, 03:00 PM
Barric had been outside when the rain began, wandering and looking around for the sake of killing boredom. When the rain came, he was unprepared, and looked around for any sort of cover. To his dismay, there was none, so Barric took the first option that came to his mind: run in any direction. After he had realized that this was indeed a powerful storm brewing, he found himself relieved by the sight of the old tower. "Running's nothing new for me", he thought.

Before entering the tower, he heard some sort of noise in the shelter. Shrugging, and quietly drawing his dagger, he attempted to sneak into the shelter--before seeing the collection of people inside.

Barric briefly considered running, but instead settled on saying:
Stormpeace? Lovely weather we're having, yes?

Garwain
2010-10-06, 03:07 PM
OOC:
A bit confused here, are we already inside or not? I think we're just heading towards the tower...

Hehe, sitting on a gnome...

Archibald chuckled. Best not to share his inner thoughts with the others. Looks like this is a friendly bunch, so no jokes just yet.
Archibald looks in his backpack for some items to make a little warmth, but nothing to start a fire with. And why would he? He doesn't need to light thanks to his dark vision, and he likes his fish raw.

Hmm nice fish... Archibald's mind wanders off for a moment when he finds his fishing hook and net. Let's show some half-Orc friendlyness, and his best shot is sharing some rations.

We are stuck now. Anyone rye bread?

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-06, 03:09 PM
OOC: We hurried inside before the formalities
"No thanks, I'm not too hungry right now"

MageofMystra
2010-10-06, 03:21 PM
Barric regarded the half-orc. One of them... I wonder if stormpeace is worth it.

Nah.

Barric closed his eyes for a moment, and wracked his brain about his surroundings.

Delicious untrained Knowledge (Geography) check!
[roll0]

He then became suddenly aware of how much darker it was. Why is it that I always never bring lanterns?

dzukelica
2010-10-06, 03:29 PM
Wilhelm curiosly eyed chuklling half - orc and managed to reply a "no, thank you " before putting his sword back into a scabard. After all, you dont attack someone who is giving you a slice of bread, "unless it`s poisoned with some orcish venom " he tought but quickly erased that tought seeing how everyone seems to get along fine and orc seems friendly albeit strong. He took couple of steps and sit with his back on nearby wall, awfully tired of all runing and jumping over rocks.
He tried to stay awake but sleep quickly was catching onto him.. He removed his sword scabbard and putd it next to him and smelled his leather armor, it smelled bad.
"Khmm, gentleman .. i think im gonna lay a litlle, this storm seems like it wont finish till morning at least"
He checked the strange party again, left his gaze a litlle longer on cute girl and started to drift into sleep, his hand on hilt of his sword

Ps ; Its almost 23h here at me, so, im really going to sleep. Hope eventual time difference wont be a problem. Catch you tommorow.
PPS; It would be nice if author of thread would post all of our character sheets here or at least for everyone to put em in his signature if possible so i would kinda know which one is which.
PPPS : I dont know much (read : almost anything) about those checks so any suggestion is apreciated, here or on pm. Thank you, and good night.

Kassie
2010-10-06, 05:46 PM
Malykai nods as Reanna urges her towards the tower. Upon entering, she shivers, trying to shake off what moisture she could. Faustus, her tawny canine companion, does the same. Once in an enclosed space, he smells distinctly of 'wet dog'.

"Oh god, Faust!" Mali shudders and points, sending the canine to a corner where he hangs his head dejectedly. The gnome is wringing out her clothes when the other adventurers join their motley crew. "Why, hullo there!" Upon seeing a sword drawn, she throws up an accusatory finger. "Oy, now now we're all in agreement for stormpeace 'ere."

At Archibald's offering, Mali smiles, nodding enthusiastically. "Oh I wouldn't mind a small piece! ...Er well I guess in your terms of measurement it'd be a teeny tiny piece." She giggles at her own joke. The gnome then gives her surroundings a cursory glance. "Hm, a bit dark...I have some flint but nothing for kindling for a lil fire. Everything I've got is soaked straight through!"

Garwain
2010-10-07, 03:50 AM
Archibald, half-orc Barbarian

Mali is funny. Here, take some.

With everyone settled, Archibald takes the time to look around. Especially trying to find loose rocks that could disturb their rest. Being the tallest of the lot, Archibald does not want to be caught off guard by anything that falls from ceilings. And that's not even considering bats or anything else that comes out when it gets dark.

spot
[roll0]
search
[roll1]
Poor Archibald is not quite an observer, but at least his search was thorough.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-07, 04:01 AM
Reanna looks around, then drops her pack and sits down, obviously tired.

Redman
2010-10-07, 06:22 AM
As you moved closer to you see the a few narrow ledges offer scant protection
from the elements, but a closer inspection reveals a massive, arched entryway at least 20 feet tall and 10 feet wide, set into the side of the hill. The ground just outside it slopes away from the doorway, directing the falling water out and
away. Given this fact and the sturdy nature of the hill, whatever space lies beyond the door should be both dry and safe from lightning and hail. The construction seems quite sturdy, so the likelihood of collapse, even in severe conditions such as these, is remote.

As you walk through he entrance you notice the stone chamber beyond the entrance sinks into the dark.

there is no light inside and therefore dark.

Garwain
2010-10-07, 07:08 AM
Archibald

Archibald is happy to have found shelter, and some friends. And happy that the gnome accepted his rye bread.
OOC:Rye bread poisoned with ORCISH VENOM muahahaha...... just kidding.
It took a while for Archibald to realise that not all can see as well in the dark as he can. Beyond the entrance there is a large dark space. Although he cannot differentiate the colors, he get's a good impression of his new surroundings. Curiously he looks around.

Look at the human peering in the dark, I bet it can't see what I'm seeing.
I see a chamber. Maybe 10 square paces or so. Old and dusty. Me seeing 3 doors. Massive stone doors. Left, in front and right.

The room was once clearly decorated, but no longer in use as suggested by the broken scrollwork and peeling paint. With his large posture and darkvision, Archibald feld being pushed forward by his comrades. Or maybe he's just attrackted by the new finding. But since nobody else is moving, he hesitates to go further.

dzukelica
2010-10-07, 08:37 AM
Wilhelm just woke up from tiresome sleep, he had a terrible dream, all sorts of faul creatures were pulling him back in some dark place below them and he didnt even managed to draw his sword to run em away, when finally he waked up and felt relaxation.. relaxation only for a second when he saw some big figure moving next to him, his hand allready on hilt and eyes quickly discerning surroundings in dark, he remembered he slept next to orc.
"Orc, what are you up to ?! " he asked menacingly, still holding his sword tight.

Garwain
2010-10-07, 09:45 AM
Archibald grabs the hilt of his greatsword in reaction to the menace from the man next to him. Not showing the polished steal yet, but only barely.

"Half-Orc!! ", he replied with a grumble, " and me seeing 3 doors in the dark!"

Kassie
2010-10-07, 02:21 PM
OOC:Mmm, yummylicious orc venom..nom nom!

"Whoa whoa! Both of you, hands off your weapons!" Mali scrambled at the sudden burst of hostility. "We're under truce, remember? Now listen here, y'all can try to kill each other all you want AFTER the storm." The gnome chastised, hands on her hips. It was quite a silly sight, though her tone was serious, daring someone to challenge her. Her canine companion stood at the ready, eyeing everyone cautiously and positioning himself protectively in front of Mali.

Now that they are situated inside, Mali takes a look around at the room, making note of anything unusual.

[roll0](Spot)

MageofMystra
2010-10-07, 02:36 PM
Barric follows along.
Is someone getting ready to fight or something? I thought we all called storm-peace!
In the darkness, Barric sticks his arms out and walks around very very slowly.
How about we focus on getting some light here first, or something? If you're going to violate storm-peace, let's at least do it when you can see the people you're pissing off.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-07, 04:08 PM
Reanna walks forwards, "If either of you expect to make it out of this tower alive, you will drop your hands from your swords."

Garwain
2010-10-08, 02:31 AM
Looking around, Archibald realises that their friendship is frragile. He will have to control his temper if he wants to be accepted.

Strange enough, it's the 2 females that stand up to calm the situation. Looking at their serious expression, it is clear that both are strong willed. And they are right, no need for this situation to get out of hand. What lies ahead seems so much more attractive than a simple brawl.

Barric is right. Make light so you short sighted humans can see what I see.

Archibald eyes rested on Wilhelm just a tad longer when using the words "short sighted". But maybe the pun is on himself as he is the least capable of a closer inspection of the doors.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-08, 02:34 AM
Reanna sheathes her sword, "good, I'd rather not have to subdue the both of you."

Redman
2010-10-08, 05:31 AM
To make this easier, i'll pretend you know were north is.

You have entered this room at its south side, you can see about 10 paces into the room, put no more since it is dark.

MageofMystra
2010-10-08, 08:13 AM
Barric gives a quiet sigh of relief, over the situation being defused. Somehow. He sheathes his dagger.
Yes, gruff sounding voice, good to hear agreements. Should I assume none of us has any sort of torch, sunrod, lantern, oil, or whatever? Or is the problem over no method of ignition?

Also, my sheet appears to not be in the first post.

dzukelica
2010-10-08, 08:14 AM
"Was just seeing orc wander around in dark " Wilhelm cleared his throat.. "pardon me my lady, but this .. creatures.. i had experience with them before, they are not civilized , they`r cruel and would snap your neck before you can even blink.. " he said.. not quite sure they would listen to him at all, "but.. you all seem to trust him enough walking around in dark with his sword, seeing things we cannot see.. even while we`re asleep, il follow your lead as this hell storm outside is worse then any kind of orc, here or outside, but dont expect from me to sing him lullabys and shush him into sleep. Now, does anyone have some kind of torch or you all are just gonna follow this.. orc, wherever he means to lead you ?"

MageofMystra
2010-10-08, 08:30 AM
I'm definitely going to agree with that sentiment of not being able to trust an orc... or half-orc, as he seems to claim.
Barric put a hand on his chin.
Has anybody here dabbled in magic? Something along those spells that make everyone tell the truth, or those ones that detect evil auras would be helpful. The light cantrip would also be immensely useful here.
Barric looked back at the entrance.
How dark is it, exactly? Was there any sort of timber, or burnable material outside there?
Perhaps we should make a quick journey outside to search for something burnable?

dzukelica
2010-10-08, 08:46 AM
Guys, as this is my first ever game of d&d nobody .. nobody recommended and i didnt know i could buy something other then sword and armor. If its possible at this moment as i have 20 golds left to buy me some torches and rations, blankets maybe and other things fighter might need at this moment, and their prices.

MageofMystra
2010-10-08, 08:52 AM
You should be putting that in the OOC thread. At any rate, we'll have to wait 'til the DM comes back for that. If there's anything burnable outside, we can probably just make a few untrained craft checks and whip up a torch or something. If there're rocks, we could also potentially strike a sword against them for sparks.

Also, making a knowledge (local) and knowledge (dungeoneering) check, since PMs apparently can't do that.

[roll0] (local, trained)
[roll1] (dungeoneering, trained)
FFFF

dzukelica
2010-10-08, 08:59 AM
Pardon, make that nothing and i miscalculated. I actually have equip worth 75 gold and i rolled for 70. Anyone to lend a few bucks ? :P

Kiddin, if i have to, il switch my studded leather armor for leather armor.

Ps, for now at least, il follow you around and see how you do rolls.
And, last but not least. I do have some + in knowledge skills, problem is, i dont know what know.1 , 2 , 3 ,4 in my sheet represent, i mean, which one is number 1 geo or some else ? i could try that check.

Garwain
2010-10-08, 09:12 AM
Archibald is resisting the urge to explain Wilhelm the difference between Orc and Half-Orc, but somehow he cannot find the right words to it. Apparently Barbarians don't qualify as an eloquent class.

When Archibald returns from the pitchdark room, he shows some wood.

"Outside everything wet. But look. I found dry wood. Must have been a chair. Or table. Or cupboard. Or bed. Or... Hmm...."

It's an old piece of what once used to be furniture. Difficult to say what exactly. For him at least. With a clumsy throw he drops it in front of Barric.

You make fire. Me examine the left door now.

Spot
Spot check to see if nothing unusual about the left stone door. Only black and white vision though.
[roll0]
Edit: So that would be the west door. And yay for my second natural 20.

dzukelica
2010-10-08, 09:44 AM
I`m no mage of any sorts but i could try to.. Wilhelm didnt even finished the sentence when Archibald showed up droping wood before them.
"Look, Orc got us some wood.. and i tought monsters are afraid of fire" he chukkled, "but, i dont have anything that i could use to light the fire" Wilhelm finished and turned to others with question in his eyes. "Lets try to check do we have something around we could use".

knowledge dungeons check : [roll0] low number, probably i failed in whatever i was trying :p

Or i could do something with my sword ?

Kassie
2010-10-08, 10:55 AM
"Alrighty then, now that everyone's calmed down...I also see most of what the big fella sees y'know. So ya don't have to go about thinking he's gonna lead the lot of us off a cliff or anything." Malykai piped up, squinting as she surveyed the room. "Mid-sized room, three doors. I could cast dancing lights, but it'd only last for a minute. I have flint but everything outside is probably soaked through by the storm."

It's only a few moments later that Archibald returns with the wood. "Ooh yay, you brought me something to burn!" Mali giggled and bounced over to where the half-orc deposited the wood. Quickly, she set about making a torch.

OOC:
Do I have to roll a craft check for that?

Later (whether or not the torch is made successfully), Mali also follows Archibald's lead and further examines the middle (north) door.

[roll0](Spot)

MageofMystra
2010-10-08, 11:04 AM
Something to burn, something to burn? Where is it, exactly? I would love some damned light in here.
Barric begins to pat the ground around him, in case the burnable material is near him on the ground.
And did I hear something along the lines of "I can cast Dancing Lights"? Who said that? What else can you cast? Is there anything that might last longer than a minute?

OOC:
I get the feeling you would need to make a craft check, but it should only be DC 10, DC 15 max. There might be a bit of a circumstance penalty or something, but it should be alright. Anyone happen to have brought Artisan's Tools or something? :smallbiggrin:

Kassie
2010-10-08, 12:23 PM
Okies, wasn't sure. Alrighty, rolling for the torch craft from my previous post:

[roll0]

And nope, no Artisan's Tools here.

EDIT: Bwahahaha, oh dear god that's a terrible roll. At least it wasn't a 1, I'd hate to set myself on fire this early in the game. =P

"Who said that? Why I did silly!" Malykai squeaked, "Ohh, right right you were late to the party! Malykai Thistlebrook, at your service. You can call me Mali for short." The gnome performed a short bow, even though without light the human wouldn't be able to see it.

"Of course I can cast dancing lights, every good gnome does! Hm, other than that I could cast Light, but I didn't prepare that spell today. Plus then I'd need to find a firefly to finish it."

MageofMystra
2010-10-08, 12:32 PM
Barric looked around, and turned to face some random direction.
Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mali. I'm Barric Greycirque. Some call me Barry. I take it from the lack of light appearing, you didn't make much good on a fire? May I take a crack at it?

Kassie
2010-10-08, 01:03 PM
"Hm, yes it seems like the storm managed to soak through my pack, everything's a bit wet. Here, have a go at it." Mali grumbled, glaring at the offending items. She passed the flint and steel along with the wood to Garric.

MageofMystra
2010-10-08, 01:38 PM
Thanks.
I don't think there's a penalty for crafting blind by RAW... this could be amusing.

Come on, come on..., Barric muttered under his breath.
Craft roll:
[roll0] Craft roll, untrained, improvised tools
Also doing this by the day, since a torch is like one copper.
I hope this'll suffice...

Garwain
2010-10-08, 01:55 PM
After checking the west door, Archibald comes watching how Barric tries to fabricate a torch. Murmuring some pointers on the way, giving some good and sometimes not so good advice.
Aid Barric check
I'll lend a hand for a +2 Aid bonus.
EDIT: Apparently I can't take 10 on Aid Another, so rolling it is. If making torch is craft, then succes. If it is survival, then no succes.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-08, 01:57 PM
Reanna sighs, I swear some days being a paladin makes things harder.
"Now that we've got something to burn, IO'm going to sit in the corner, if anyone but the gnome attempts to bother me I will now and always being angry at you for this." Reanna then sits betweent he entry and east doors

dzukelica
2010-10-08, 02:08 PM
"Is that fire over yet gentleman ? Do you need some help ? By the gods, i miss my sight terribly "

MageofMystra
2010-10-08, 02:14 PM
Barric fumbles for a little with the flint and steel in the darkness, but manages it eventually, and starts striking the metal on stone. Small sparks can be seen.
No clue. Thing won't catch for some reason. Probably too wet. I'll keep trying.

dzukelica
2010-10-08, 02:51 PM
"You do that, this gdamn storm catched me completely unaware, i hope at least it wont bring something foul with it, trouble never comes alone and i think we have enough of it now as it is" Wilhelm said nervously, trying unsucesfuly to discern any movements in dark of the tower..
All he sees is countours of his temple companions, resting around him. He turns to Barric who is still trying to light the torch :
"Barric, is it ? If you get tired, please pass me the the torch and tools, i wont sleep anymore here.. under this .. conditions. By the way, i am Wilhelm, Wilhelm Gurd from Barowsdale, and im pleased to meet you " Wilhelm said firmly, offering his handshake to Barric.

I see sparks, so, i kinda see you better than rest of them.
PS: I gaved compliments before in posts to young lady paladin, but didnt quite realized we are in complete dark. Let`s say it was just before night falled ?

Redman
2010-10-08, 03:42 PM
One question... what do you make the torch of ?

MageofMystra
2010-10-08, 05:41 PM
I believe the idea was to scavenge for some fallen wood or timber outside. It'd be wet of course, but I believe there oughta be some methods of drying.

Kassie
2010-10-08, 05:44 PM
One question... what do you make the torch of ?

OOC:
I had flint and steel in my pack. Archibald wrote above that he had found a piece of broken furniture. (I assumed that was from the search he performed?)

Redman
2010-10-10, 03:52 AM
Archibald finds a broken piece of furniture and one of you offer some miraculously still dry cloth and get the improvised torch going. There is no telling how long it will last.

Now the you all can see the room that it is 18 x 18 squares with a door in approximately the middle in each wall. You have entered from the south side through something that looks like an old main entrance, but there no door, just scattered stones.

MageofMystra
2010-10-10, 07:50 AM
The torch began to burn in the hands of a very surprised Barric.
Light! Light! Oh, sweet sweet light, how I've missed you ever so much!
Barric took the time to quickly survey the room, and the people inside once more. He then noticed the three doors.
Hmm. Does anybody know anything about the doors? Any magical auras, or something?
Without further ado, he moved up to each door, and did a quick inspection of them all.
[roll0] Search (eastern door)
[roll1] Search (northern door)
[roll2] Search (western door)

dzukelica
2010-10-10, 11:52 AM
Wilhelm followed the torch holding rogue he spoked to just a minute before, still blinkin as his eyes from almost a day spent in darkness adapted quickly to torchlight. While he saw the doors and wandered what could have gotten out of them while they were asleep, drawn his sword and followed rogue, his eyes searched surroundings for anything unusual, altough he know that if anything is strange, his companion with his keen eyes would notice before him

search :
east door [roll0]
north door [roll1]
west door [roll2]

Kassie
2010-10-10, 02:43 PM
"Huzzah, we have light!" Malykai cheered, clapping her hands together in glee. "Alrighty, now let's see what we've got here."

The gnome peered at the doors, "Well I don't particularly see anything off about them, but I'll cast detect magic to see if anything pops up."

[roll0] - Detect Magic (I don't remember, do I add the WIS modifier to this? If so, add 3 to that haha)

EDIT:
PFFFFT, not that it matters! Dear me, what is with my rolls so far. ><

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-10, 02:54 PM
Reanna sighs loudly "Whats with everyone and exploring?"

Garwain
2010-10-10, 02:56 PM
Suddenly there was color in the room. The fire made flickering shadows on the walls, but at least the party scattered to search the stone doors that attracked Archibald a while now. Although not the sharpest observer of the lot, Archibald gives it a try as well.

Spot check to see if nothing unusual about the left (west) stone door.
(1d20)[20]
Spot for north door
[roll0]
Spot for east door
[roll1]

These doors look like stone doors....

A bit frustrated that his spot efforts did not pay off, Archibald lets his natural talent get the upper hand. Standing next to the eastern door, he tries to open it. With brute force if needed.

strength check if needed: (rolled 22 in offgame thread)

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 08:44 AM
I missed your asking for Reannas help derp :D

Reanna gets up rolling her eyes and moves to help Archibald

[roll0]

MageofMystra
2010-10-11, 09:31 AM
Are you really sure it's a good idea to try and open heavy stone doors in an unknown place like this, without inspecting them for any writing or something like that first?
Barric turned around to look at the scene behind him, while searching the doors.
Doors like this are usually to hold something back, you know.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 09:33 AM
"True but in keeps and castles they're also used because they're reinforced. Either way I should look for any evil upon them."

Reanna uses! Detect Evil!

Redman
2010-10-12, 05:38 AM
After exploring every inch of the main room, you find out that doors are made of wood, they have simple handle.
And that are not even that faintest touch of evil in the room
There is no writing in the room.
the only features are the scattered broken furniture, from which you have made the torch, there is nothing more of interest in the room.

Garwain
2010-10-12, 05:50 AM
Archibald does not see any danger in opening these plain looking doors. With the handle in one hand, an eye on Reanna and his hopes on great treasure, he janks the handle and opens the door.

Doors like these must hide treasure!

Redman
2010-10-12, 06:21 AM
A small hall way (2 squares wide) stretches 10 squares, there you see a door opening leading to a room

Garwain
2010-10-12, 09:20 AM
Archibald draws his greatsword and waves it in front of him. With a joyfull silly voice he is taunting the others.

"See! Me still alive, no dangers here. A room is in front, who wants to go exploring?"

Kassie
2010-10-12, 11:38 AM
"Oh, oh, me, me!" Malykai giggled, waving her hand excitedly. Her canine companion wuffed, giving her a pointed stare. "What? Would you like to sit in that cruddy ol' room, twiddling our thumbs until the storm blows over? Oooooorrrr...we could go exploring!"

The gnome followed the half-orc, staying a few paces behind. She draws her scimitar, just in case their adventuring happens to wake someone, or something, that lives here.

"So, uh, anyone know *anything* about this place? I'm not terribly familiar about the area, and with the storm, I've got no bleedin' clue where we're at now."

MageofMystra
2010-10-12, 02:28 PM
I believe this place is called Hightower or something. I wish I could tell you more, but I appear to be completely drawing a blank.
Barric also follows the gnome and half-orc for some good ol' adventurin' fun time. He draws his shortsword, and keeps it near him, in case of fun surprises.
"Better the half-orc be in front than in the back. Pincushions are their best specialty.", Barric thinks.

Now, let's find some treasure!

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-12, 03:15 PM
Reanna sighs thinking Men and their treasures and then follows along, hand on her sword, but not drawing it.

Garwain
2010-10-12, 03:24 PM
With at least 2 arms covering his back, Archibald has a growing sense of confidence. He is well aware of possible danger should there be indeed treasure to be found. After a quick search for traps in the hallway, he walks cautiously forward untill he can see the next room, but trying to remain undetected for what may lie ahead.

checks: spot + hide
[roll0]
[roll1]

If nothing of interest happens, Archibald peaks into the next room.

checks: spot
[roll2]

MageofMystra
2010-10-12, 04:11 PM
Barric looks in alarm as Archibald inspects the hallway.
"This is a death by traps waiting to happen. The question now is whether I want death by trap, or death by trusting the orc to be behind me... though, I think they're really the same cause."

Now, Orc, I'm not quite sure if leaving you to do the searching is quite the best idea. Perhaps you ought to let me or the gnome do scans before we all waltz on through.

Though, since Archibald was already walking, Barric couldn't quite search for traps there.

If there is something interesting in the hall, save the below until after it resolves.
Barric also attempts to take a look into the next room, as lighting may permit.
Spot: [roll0]
Oh jeez, if this rolling keeps up, there's definitely going to be death by trap...

dzukelica
2010-10-13, 12:24 PM
"This is something suspicious.. " Wilhelm muttered and drawed his greatsword.. "not even rats crawl this place.. please, be careful. I dont want to leave my hide hanging here"

Redman
2010-10-13, 01:07 PM
Checking the hallway you notice nothing but dust, and perhaps a few small spider webs. You reached the end of hallway and look through the door opening. This room is empty save for dust and a single, small, stone chest in the center of the floor. Evidently no one has disturbed this chamber for many years.

dzukelica
2010-10-13, 01:49 PM
Wilhelm`s eyes bulged from surprise when he saw a chest. "A chest ? Here ! It must be some trap. Good thing no one is dead yet, this tower is a foul place. I sense it"

With his sword in hands, he started to move a step by step toward chest, lookin for any signs of potential trap, stoping on every few seconds waiting for others to join him.

SPOT:
[roll0]

SEARCH :

[roll1]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-13, 02:15 PM
Reanna sees the chest sighing, "I don't like this in any way."

Detect evil on teh chest.

Garwain
2010-10-13, 02:29 PM
Archibald realises that he has been a bit reckless. Luckely nothing serious happened. On the other hand, his fellow explorers are drawn to the chest like moths on a flame. The prospect of potential treasure makes them very forgiving apparently.

Archibald carefully approaches the chest. With his untrained eye he inspects the chest.

Me hope this is not cursed. Explain me if anything is written on it.

spot check
[roll0]

MageofMystra
2010-10-13, 02:38 PM
Orc, I highly suggest you take a few steps back. Everyone.
Barric stares at the chest intently, while motioning back.
I've done trap-spotting very often.

Barric stands a few feet away from the chest, and does a spot check to see if there's something immediately and very obviously wrong with the chest.

Next, Barric does a search of the chest for traps.

If the chest is trapped, he makes a disable device check.

Spot: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]
Disable Device: [roll2]
I hope these rolls don't suck.
WONDERFUL!

Kassie
2010-10-14, 12:25 AM
Mali lowered her sword as they come across the lone chest in the room. She narrowed her eyes at it. "Oh I've got a bad feeling about this." She nodded at Barric as he goes to work on the chest. "I really do hope you don't find anything...I'm not in the mood for waking any demons today."

The gnome also does her own inspection of the chest and room, though keeping a safe distance away. Likewise, she also casts Detect Magic on the contraption.

[roll0](Spot)
[roll1](Detect Magic)

Redman
2010-10-14, 06:37 PM
I seem to have lost Mage of mystra's sheet. Please send again

And you discover that the chest is trapped with a Fusillade of Darts Trap. You deactivate is safely by blocking the trigger mechanism attached between the chest and the floor.
The chest is unlocked

MageofMystra
2010-10-14, 06:46 PM
Here is my sheet. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=244598)

Well, it was trapped. Hopefully, this'll fix it right up.
Barric thinks for a second, considering a second search of the chest.
Instead of being prudent, he pops open the chest, and begins to look through the contents. He takes anything that would not be dangerous or difficult to remove out, and lays it on the ground.
If there's anything more than one of us wants, we'll draw straws.

Kassie
2010-10-14, 06:52 PM
"Whew, good work there! Now let's see what we've got!" Mali cheers as the rogue pops open the chest. Curiosity getting the best of her, she leans in closer, trying to peer over his shoulder. Though failing miserably (being a good two feet shorter than most everyone else), she giggles, clenching a fist dramatically in the air.

"Oh curse my diminutive size!"

She pauses for a moment, then exclaims, "Oooh, I wonder what goodies are in the other rooms then? Obviously no one's been here in a long while...and *someone* thought enough of this place to trap it. We'd best be careful."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-14, 06:56 PM
Reanna sighs, "You need to be more damn careful, we got lucky this time."

MageofMystra
2010-10-14, 07:02 PM
Now now, Mali, being small has numerous advantages. Garl has seen fit to keep his people the size they are, and I am sure He knows quite a bit!
Good man, he is.
Barric continues sifting through the items, then hears the paladin.
Fortune favours the bold! The bear is not feared for its meekness, I'll tell you that.
Barric smiles.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-14, 07:05 PM
"Bold and caution can go hand in hand"

(This is my first cautious person XD)

Garwain
2010-10-15, 02:56 AM
The first succes! Archibald joyfully looks if their would be anything of interest for him between the found items.

Thank you Barric. Me follow you in other rooms and protect you. Better and safer to do what you do best.

Redman
2010-10-15, 04:00 AM
the room is 10 x 7 squares, the long part is from north to south, the room itself is uninteresting.
you open the chest and find a head band, two pearls and a small bag that looks like it containing a 100 gold pieces.

MageofMystra
2010-10-15, 02:36 PM
Hmm. Headband, pearls, and gold.
Barric stands, contemplating them.
Before I take a good look at them, I think I want the headband, and maybe a few gold pieces so I can gather some essential stuff next time we're in town.

I'm so glad that the chest didn't have two traps or something crazy like that.

Now then, should I start doing an appraisal on these items? I can't guarantee the accuracy out on the field, but I hope we can keep the sword in the armoury.

Barric begins by looking at the two pearls, the headband, the bag the gold came in, then one gold piece, in that order. If we have to get moving, Barric will attempt to finish his current appraisal if at all possible, then save the rest for later.
[roll0] Appraising the first pearl.
[roll1] Appraising the second pearl.
[roll2] Appraising the headband.
[roll3] Appraising the bag.
[roll4] Appraising one gold piece.
I hope I roll well!
Ooo, delicious.

Kassie
2010-10-15, 09:54 PM
"Ooh, shinies! What do you think we would be able to get for 'em?" Malykai watches as Barric investigates their recent loot, her eyes curiously following his movements. After a moment, she turns back to the hallway from where they entered. "So where do you all think we should look into next?"

Garwain
2010-10-16, 02:25 AM
Archibald

Lets do other doors also! Barric leads.

dzukelica
2010-10-16, 07:24 AM
"Huh, gold ! " Wilhelm`s lips widened into a smile," ok guys, let`s share it.. equally".

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-16, 01:21 PM
"Men and their gold"

dzukelica
2010-10-17, 11:07 AM
"You dont want it, miss paladin ? " "I guess faith has a way of feeding you when you`re hungry " Wilhelm smiled and turned his head back to loot.

"Come on guys, what are we waiting for ?!"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-17, 11:11 AM
"I'm not saying I wouldn't mind a share, I'm just saying it's not such a big deal."

Garwain
2010-10-17, 04:02 PM
Archibald smiles excited, shifting his weight from the one leg to the other.

Come on, there should be more in other rooms!

Redman
2010-10-18, 06:59 AM
which door would you like to proceed by?

Garwain
2010-10-18, 08:34 AM
Archibald returns to the main entrance area, and is looking in doubt to the 2 remaining doors. He tries to do a tic toc trick but he cannot remember the words. Since the doors seem al the like, Archibald reacts on his impulses and hangs around anxiously at the western door.

Here this one, let's go this way, k? If you ready, me ready!

MageofMystra
2010-10-18, 02:55 PM
Barric finishes appraising the items.
We've got a pretty good haul here. I'm estimating at least 300 gold's worth.

The gold coins are just gold coins. The pearls I'm estimating to be around 100 gold pieces each. The bag's a few copper, but it looks nice enough. I have no idea about how valuable the headband is.

The question now is, who gets what?
Barric smiles.
Also, that door seems nice enough. You go first.

Kassie
2010-10-19, 12:49 AM
"Ohhh, we can figure out all that accounting business afterwards! We may yet find more in these rooms!" Malykai insists, urging the party onwards. She pauses for a moment though, and adds, "Though I wouldn't mind one of those shiny little pearls, hee."

The little gnome practically bounces off following the others towards the western door. "It's a good a door as any...Lead on, big fella!"

Redman
2010-10-19, 02:00 AM
Going through the door in the west side of the main room. You see a hallway two squares wide and eight squares ahead until reaching a hallway leading into a another room. You cannot see into the room because it is out off the radius of the torch. (which is starting to burn a little lower).

Garwain
2010-10-19, 03:42 AM
Endouraged by Barric and Malykai, Archibald sneaks through the hallway, trying to get a glimps of the other room.

Me go. Better keep light away untill me see it is safe.

Hide and Move Silently check
[roll0]
[roll1]

If next room is reached safely look around with Darkvision:
spot check [roll2]

Redman
2010-10-19, 05:59 AM
The only object of interest in this chamber is a statue at the far end. It resembles a sarcophagus standing upright, except that the head of the figure carved upon its lid looks distorted and seems to have tendrils instead of hair.

Garwain
2010-10-19, 06:28 AM
Archibald returns to the lot and reports what he saw, which is not much.

Me see ehm... statue, thing, box. Standing upright. Nothing else. Scary, but interesting.

And with that said, Archibald throws an inviting look towards Barric who already proved successfull in finding traps.

MageofMystra
2010-10-19, 02:30 PM
Barric raises an eyebrow. "Can I trust this green?", he thinks.
Statue, hmm? I'm not quite sure how to proceed, then.
He fakes a moment of contemplation. Barric's not a good actor.
I suppose we should advance slowly. I'll scan the hallway and such for traps. If anyone else is good at spotting, they should do so as well. If I may make a suggestion to the rest of us, you should have your weapons-- Barric pauses, about to say "out", before realizing how undesirable he thinks that is with Archibald behind him. --sheathed. We gotta look out for traps, and each other, right?

Barric makes a quick glance at the hallway, looking for anything very obviously suspicious, before looking back the party.
[roll0] Spot
I predict my first natural one is going to be a hilarious one.

I've been getting good luck with my rolls... of course, I'm jinxing it.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-19, 02:34 PM
Reanna waits for everyone else to proceed as they do down the hall way, then follows behind, sword drawn but no in a fighting stance.

Kassie
2010-10-19, 02:37 PM
Malykai gives Barric an odd look when he pauses mid-sentence, but she shrugs it off. Sheathing her scimitar, she follows along, peering into the dark room. "Hm, seems like it's wider at the far end..."

Moving forward, she also looks around for anything out of the ordinary.

[roll0](Spot)
[roll1](Search)

Assuming that they reach the statue with no interruptions, Mali also casts Detect Magic.

[roll2](Detect Magic)

MageofMystra
2010-10-19, 03:03 PM
Proceeding with most of the party, Barric begins giving the hallway a nice scan.
[roll0] Search
Hopefully, I don't need to make more rolls.

Redman
2010-10-19, 03:47 PM
The moment Barric enters the room the head of the statue comes alive with a pair of batlike wings that extends from its temples. Suddenly, its eyes open, revealing the glow of green flames, and the head flies forward to attack Barric!
roll iniative

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-19, 03:54 PM
"OH COME ON!"

init [roll0]

Kassie
2010-10-19, 04:03 PM
"Oh dear. Looks like we woke Mr. Happy."

[roll0] - Init for Mali
[roll1] - Init for Faustus (Riding Dog)

MageofMystra
2010-10-19, 05:16 PM
What in the!?

[roll0] - Initiative

dzukelica
2010-10-19, 06:08 PM
Oh ****..

[roll0]

(Could use some advice on pm when its my turn, how to atack, do i have any special moves or something, thank you. Il get back to thread tommorow at this time or lil earlier)

Redman
2010-10-20, 02:09 AM
Initiative order
{table]1|Flying Head
2| Relanna
3| Wilhelm
4| Faustus (riding dog)
5| Barric
6| Mali
7| ??? Archibald ???[/table]
we still need Archibald's check

Garwain
2010-10-20, 03:46 AM
ARrrggggg...

Archibald sees the menace and responds with drawing his greatsword and moving towards to front of the party.

Little head, not hurt friends or Archibald will hurt you!

Initiative roll:
[roll0]

Redman
2010-10-20, 04:12 AM
Initiative order
{table]1|Flying Head
2| Relanna
3| Wilhelm
4| Faustus (riding dog)
5| Barric
6| Archibald
7| Mali[/table]
I made a extra roll between Barric and Archibald
Suddenly the head opens its grim mouth and lets out a terrifying shriek that cuts through the air like a razor.
everybody roll fortitude save

Garwain
2010-10-20, 04:42 AM
Fort save:
[roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-20, 07:09 AM
Opposed For Save
[roll]1d20+4[roll]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-20, 07:10 AM
Opposed fort save
[roll0]

dzukelica
2010-10-20, 11:10 AM
[roll0]

hope it`s nice

MageofMystra
2010-10-20, 02:24 PM
[roll0] - Fortitude save.

I predict bad ending for Barric.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-20, 04:17 PM
[roll0] - Fortitude save.

I predict bad ending for Barric.

Run, run far.

Redman
2010-10-20, 06:16 PM
While the stalwart warrior shak off the shierk, Barric finds himself paralysed for [roll0] rounds, hearing an echo that seems coming further and further away while standing with his eyes wide open.

Kassie
2010-10-20, 08:09 PM
Rolling Fortitude Save

[roll0] - Mali
[roll1] - Faustus

Redman
2010-10-21, 02:25 AM
The gnome does also shake off the effects of the shierk äs his trusted companion at his side. Relanna have the turn

Redman
2010-10-29, 01:43 PM
A long hallway (two squares wide) you see it stench out into the dark. Not even the gnome keen sight (reaching 60ft-80ft) can see its end.

MageofMystra
2010-10-29, 02:29 PM
Barric rubs his head a bit, and moans.
Ooh, that was awful.

Upon looking down the long hallway, he scowls. I hope nothing like that happens again. First, though...

Barric takes a nice long look at the sarcophastatuethingamabobber.

Search: [roll0]

Redman
2010-10-29, 02:37 PM
You find a ring in the remains of the head that have been turned into dust.

MageofMystra
2010-10-29, 04:57 PM
Barric looks at the ring with interest, and reaches down to grab it, before remembering his fit of paralysis. He tries to find some scrap cloth in his pack, and picks up the ring with said cloth.

Look, a ring. Given where it was, I'm a bit worried. Or it could be magical! Could we wait for a moment while I try and figure out how much it's worth?

Barric inspects the ring thoroughly for anything odd (writing, etc.) He also appraises it.

Search: [roll0]
Appraise: [roll1]

I get the distinct feeling I'm going to roll amazingly everywhere except combat, given the trend thusfar.

Mali, you can detect magic, right? The next time you're able to, and it's not too much trouble, could you also take a look at this ring?

After inspection (assuming nothing nasty happens), Barric drops it in a pocket or backpack or something, taking care never to touch it with his skin, and makes it a point to place it in a place where he wouldn't touch it by accident.

Kassie
2010-10-29, 08:19 PM
Malykai nods, stepping closer to inspect the ring. She also begins to cast Detect Magic. "Hmm, yeah, I'd definitely be careful with that thing. Not a fan of being a statue for the rest of my life or anything like that."

[roll0] - Search
[roll1] - Detect Magic

Garwain
2010-10-30, 05:36 AM
Archibald is quite impressed about the progress there are making. 2 simple rooms visited, and already some loot. What could lie ahead?

His skills extend not much further than raw power in battle, that's why he slips behind Barrics back. With his looming presence so close, he kind of pushes Barric onwards. Sometimes you need no words if you know nothing that says more than an urging posture.

Kassie
2010-11-09, 05:13 PM
Upon finishing her inspection of the ring, Malykai looks up at Barric, nodding slightly.

"It seems it's enchanted with a basic language spell. It gives the wearer the ability to speak and understand Greenskin and Gnomish. Anyhow, shall we keep moving then?"

OOC:
*pokes the others* Did y'all die? *sadface*

MageofMystra
2010-11-09, 10:04 PM
Green and gnome, eh?
Barric smiled.
That's surprisingly useful, truth be told. I can already speak greentongue, but not gnomish. Still though, someone else ought to take it.

Redman
2010-11-10, 01:21 PM
If us choose you can join you half-orc companion at the middle door in the first room, it leads to a halfway that extends even his vision that pierces shadows.

Garwain
2010-11-11, 04:40 AM
Archibald opened the middle door, only to reveal a corridor so long that his darkvision could not penetrate to the end of it.

Being backed up by Barric and Malykai, Archibald advances forward untill something noticable comes up.

Redman
2010-11-11, 05:37 AM
I believe someone is still carrying the torch

The long stone hall ends in a stone chamber furnished only with cracked, moldering tables on which lie rusted implements of iron. Rain falls into the middle of the room from a shaft in the ceiling that must run all the way to the top of the tor. From the bottom of the shaft dangles a rope, swinging slightly. A drain in the center of the floor allows the water to escape, but old, dark stains suggest that it was used to carry away other fluids long ago.

Suddenly, from a doorway on the far side of the room step two burly humanoids. Each stands more than 6 feet tall and has feral eyes and flat facial features. With a roar, the two draw their weapons and charge.

they charge Archbald as I understand he enters the room first, uploading a picture of the room. You have entered from the southhttp://imgur.com/kzeF0.jpg

Atk for enemies

[roll]1d20+3
Damage [roll1]
[roll2]

Redman
2010-11-11, 05:38 AM
posting missing atk roll
[roll0]

Redman
2010-11-11, 05:52 AM
Now it is just silly

[roll0]
if it succeeds double the dmg (I know it is not standard, but the dice rolling for me is terrible today).

Garwain
2010-11-12, 05:02 PM
I don't quite get why the hobgoblins won auto initative as then ran towards Archibald across the room.

Is it confirmed that Archibald drops? So I understand correctly that unless anyone succeeds a heal 15 DC check, I will loose hp each round I do not throw 10 or less on a 1d100 untill -10?

MageofMystra
2010-11-12, 07:14 PM
I'd assume the hobbos went on a surprise round. There's the fact they shouldn't actually be able to do a charge on a surprise round (I don't think they were in 30 feet or less from you), but at any rate, c'est la vie. Maybe they had more surprise rounds than normal? Depending on how deep in the negatives you are, it's more how long it'll take for us to finish the encounter. I'm sure some of us took ranks in Heal... right, guys?

Barric thinks he hears the sound of Archibald hitting the ground. And the weapons being drawn.
Oh cripes, I think we're in trouble.

Kassie
2010-11-12, 08:57 PM
When the half-orc falls, Malykai's dog rushes forward at the closest hobgoblin in order to Bite him.

[roll0] (To Hit)
[roll1] (Damage)

"Oh dear, that's not good." Mali blinks at the fallen half-orc. "I'll get right onto a healing spell!"

OOC: When it is Mali's turn...

The gnome moves forward towards Archibald, casting a Cure Light Wounds spell.

[roll2]

Redman
2010-11-14, 03:31 PM
Barric first. Then Mali.

MageofMystra
2010-11-14, 07:19 PM
I have no actual clue where the hobbos are in the room, though I'll assume they're somewhere near the south end...
Barric looks at the situation, and quickly tries to size it all up.

If the hobbos are within 0 to 25 feet, and it doesn't look like Barric can squirm around to find enough room to go ranged, then do the following.
Here goes nothing!
Barric draws his shortsword.
If an enemy is already in reach, skip ahead to attack roll.
If any enemy is 5 feet out of reach, then I five foot step on over to smack him. Skip to attack roll.
If any enemy is 10 feet away from Barric, then he'll ready an action to stab when they enter a threatened square. Use attack roll ahead in case of that.
If any enemy is between 15 and 25 feet from Barric, then he'll stay put, and ready an action to stab. Use attack roll ahead if needed.
[roll0] - Quite possibly the greatest attack roll ever.
[roll1] - In case of a threat.
[roll2] - The most damage, bar none.
[roll3] - In case I can get sneak attack die, or a critical.

Oh, dice roller, how you mock me.

If all enemies are 25 or more feet away...
Barric draws his shortbow, then takes a shot at whatever hobbo. Preferably the closer of the two.
Just use the above rolls (adding +2 instead of +0 for my attack bonus.) It's not like the damage die are different.

Redman
2010-11-15, 05:06 AM
For BarricI'll say the enemy is 5 feet away, but you small your weapon into one of their shieldsMali heals Archibald (not provoking an AoO), that will have his turn now just before the attackers.

Garwain
2010-11-16, 11:43 AM
Archibald is barely standing on his feet thanks to the most welcome healing from Malykai. But the pain that the attackers caused fuel his inner rage. With his greatsword in hand, he yells a terrifying screem out the top of his lungs. Being an half-orc, this yell is quite impressive, but it only indicates how much he loses his senses.

Driven mad by seeing his own wounds, Archibald gathers all his strenght to give a mighty blow to the nearest oponent.

Rage: AC -2, hp +2, 8 rounds, +2 Will
Melee with Rage:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Redman
2010-11-17, 11:17 AM
While the attack of Barric is distracting the hobgoblins, Mali infuses her healing power into Archibald that rises with a roar and cleaves one of the hobgoblins outright.

I am giving the other two players a chance to interact with their PC, by not posting for a day or two.

EDIT: I going to PM the folks

Kassie
2010-11-19, 05:57 PM
Faustus the Dog growls again and launches himself at the other hobgoblin trying to Bite it.

[roll0] - To Hit
[roll1] - Damage

Garwain
2010-11-30, 08:33 AM
Still raging on, Archibald directs his temper towards the next foe. His eyes are wide open, and his breathing is loud. Both hands grab the hilt of his greatsword firmly and give it a mighty swing.

Melee with Rage:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Redman
2010-12-03, 07:23 AM
The last of the hobgobs splatters his inside on the walls, you are now alone in the room.

Kassie
2010-12-05, 12:03 PM
Malykai sighs in relief as the hobgoblin falls. She looks around the room to see if the goblins were carrying anything. She nods at the half-orc and says, "Whew, that was close. How are you holdin' up? Not sure if we oughta keep going deeper into this tower or not."

Garwain
2010-12-05, 02:26 PM
Archibald is bleeding from the surprise hits of the hobgobs.

I would need some rest to get better. Or have some magical aid. he sais and sits down. Maybe you guys search to room for anything valuable while I tend my wounds.

How bad am I damaged actually?

Redman
2010-12-06, 06:25 AM
Archibald is bleeding from the surprise hits of the hobgobs.

I would need some rest to get better. Or have some magical aid. he sais and sits down. Maybe you guys search to room for anything valuable while I tend my wounds.

How bad am I damaged actually?you got [roll0] now. I know I am doing it in an unortodox way, but i'll work this time

Garwain
2010-12-06, 07:50 AM
Is that 1HP after my 2hp from rage wears off, or do I have 6 more turns before the 2 rage hp will be gone, and I drop unconsious?

Anyway, I need a serious source of healing and a nice bedrest isn't going to be any good.

Kassie
2010-12-06, 07:22 PM
Malykai nods and casts Cure Minor Wounds on Archibald. "That's about all I've got left in me, sorry."

[+1 HP to Archibald!]

MageofMystra
2010-12-06, 09:57 PM
Barric looks on in slight alarm as the two hobbos drop before him. And of Reanna being one-shotted by one of them, but that doesn't matter quite as much.

That's rather... Barric stops for a moment. ...impressive, half-orc. I suppose there's a bit more orc in you than man, but, I can't exactly complain now, can I?

Barric then regards Archibald's injuries. Perhaps we should consider some sort of rest? Or does anyone practise any sort of medicine, or maybe botany? I remember hearing about some sort of medicine you could make with a root and flower.

Meanwhile, Barric does a search around the room.
Search: [roll0] Big money!

Redman
2010-12-07, 04:55 AM
Now that you have better lighting you can see that the long stone hall ends in a stone chamber furnished only with cracked, moldering tables on which lie rusted implements of iron. Rain falls into the middle of the room from a shaft in the ceiling that must run all the way to the top of the tor. From the bottom of the shaft dangles a rope,swinging slightly. A drain in the center of the floor allows the water to escape, but old, dark stains suggest that it was used to carry away other fluids long ago.

search check
you search the room high and low and find:
a heavy leather kidney belt features brass studs and large buckles on both sides.

The hobgobs are carrying
2 short swords
3 javelins
1 cure light wounds potion
2 small wooden shields
2 Studded leather armor
and [roll0] silver pieces

MageofMystra
2010-12-07, 09:51 PM
Barric sifts through the corpses of the hobbos, and holds up the potion.
There's some armour, shields, some silver pieces--I think maybe 11?, and some mysterious potion that I have a hunch is a healing potion. Someone else might want to give it a look over. Might be good for the half-orc.

Barric also stumbles upon the heavy leather kidney belt. This looks nice. Mind if we stop for a little so I can take a good look at this?

[roll0] - Appraise.

On another note, I'm a bit confused about this belt. Is this belt made of heavy tanned kidneys? :smalleek:

Redman
2010-12-08, 04:45 AM
sample kidney belt
http://www.mrmotorcycles.co.nz/images/kidney%20belt.jpg

For Barric's check
It appears to be magical, al though not greatly powerful, that is easy course of the small inscriptions and the treads layout. You would guess transformation magic is involved, but only of the lesser kind.

Garwain
2010-12-10, 02:40 PM
Archibald grins to Barric: "Got them good eh, too bad they jumped me and hit hard! I could indeed use some rest"

As good as he can, Archibald cleans his wounds to aid their healing, but clearly only magical aid would speed up the proces. When Barric finds a strange magical potion on one of the defeated hobgoblins, Archibald only hesitates a moment. He raises an eye, realises he is far too uneducated to assess the content and then chucks it down anyway.

"Ah. Now that wasn't all that bad." says Archibald, and he feels stange magic flowing.

OOC:
So I have 1hp + 1 from Mali + x from potion + 1 from resting?

Redman
2010-12-11, 06:57 AM
when you rest you get you class + con mod in hitpoints' back

For does that do not know there is a door in north in of the room. And a ladder in the middle leading up

Kassie
2010-12-12, 02:49 AM
Malykai is obviously none too thrilled at being in the tower now, especially with their main line of defense as hindered as he was. She turned to the rogue and asked, "Any traps or the like? I'm not too sure this place is as dormant as I'd hoped it was..."

The gnome cautiously makes her way toward the ladder, trying to see if anything is visible from down here.

[roll0] - Spot Check

MageofMystra
2010-12-12, 09:09 AM
Any traps? That's a good question.
Barric scans around the room.
[roll0] - Search
[roll1] - Spot, in case there's something glaringly obvious

Barric also reaches for the kidney belt. Also, I think this is magical. You want to take a look over it?

Kassie
2010-12-12, 03:34 PM
Malykai nods and begins casting Detect Magic on the belt.

[roll0]

Redman
2010-12-13, 08:26 AM
Malykai nods and begins casting Detect Magic on the belt.
For Malykai
It has a faint conjuration aura, but since it is a common magic item you know that anyone wearing it gains a +1 enhancement bonus to Strength for the purpose of determining his carrying capacity. The belt does not alter the wearer’s actual Strength score, nor does it change his Str modifier. This effect does not stack with that provided by any other bonus to Strength.
You have hear of these belts of lifting. There were use by the Lotus Queen's bearers, cause of her weight and still insisting on only four bearers.