PDA

View Full Version : Dervish Equipment

McClintock
2010-10-06, 01:13 PM
I have Built a Swash3/Fight 2/Derv 10 trying to decide on 5 levels of tempest or finishing out with swash/fighter mix). Anyway on to my question:

I have read the Xanadu Dervish Handbook front to back and inside out. I have yet to see a good list of Equip that would be recommended for a Dervish TWFer.

Any suggestions?

Here is my Character so far: (32pt buy) Tiefling
S: 14
D: 18
C: 14
I: 14
W: 14
Ch: 6

FEATS: Dodge, Mobility, WF: Scimitar, 2-Weapon Fighting
FLAW: Shaky

Help...Please!

Eldariel
2010-10-06, 01:32 PM
First, you need Expeditious Dodge over Dodge. It's just better for a Dervish. Also, I'd go 12 Wis, 16 Int since you get Int to damage. And Deadly Defense [MiC] seems more or less a must, as well as Melee Weapon Mastery [PHBII] (by going Fighter +2 after Dervish).

Anyways, equipment is easy. You need:
- Two enhanced weapons; prefer damage enhancements over flat enhancement bonus and ask your party Wizard for Greater Magic Weapon.
- Ask your DM if Greater Truedeath and Demolition Weapon Crystals [MiC] would enable all precision damage with the weapon. That'd be useful for Swashbuckler Int.
- Scabbard of Keen Edges is somewhat decent if your DM allows you to use them as free actions. As standard actions, they're never worth it.
- Celestial Armor is key armor. See if you can further enchant it with Nimbleness [MiC] and Flight more times per day.
- If not, get Winged Vest [MiC]; it's a solid swift action flight item.
- Belt of Battle [MiC] increases your versatility greatly.
- Some item of teleportation could help.
- Stat boosters, obviously.