PDA

View Full Version : songmancer?

kgsoloman
2010-10-06, 01:59 PM
a while back i was looking on the webs and i found a prestige class that i really wanted for my bard. it was one that as a class ability you could take and elemental spell (example fireball) and switch it to sound based (as in soundball yes odd name)

it was a homebrew of this i am almost certain, however i cant remember anything else about it. if no one can find it or remember it i will be happy to look at any sound based magic user classes that are out there. I really like the idea of it for my bard.

thank!

Lix Lorn
2010-10-06, 04:53 PM
I'm sure you could make something up. Even a feat might be able to do it.

One problem though; Bards learn very few offensive spells.

Innis Cabal
2010-10-06, 04:56 PM
They're called bards.

Southern Cross
2010-10-07, 03:44 AM
Just take the Energy Substitution (sonic) feat from Complete Arcane.

Lev
2010-10-07, 06:28 AM
There are real life sound cannons, aimed sonic blast devices that can wind and deafen you.

Zakaroth
2010-10-07, 02:56 PM
It may be from my Energon Evoker. Which has the following ability:

Arcane Adaption (Ex): The Energon Evoker learns to adept energy spells to match his chosen type. As a result, whenever he learns new spells known, he may choose up to two damage dealing spells with one of the following descriptors: cold, electricity, fire, negative or sonic. This spell can’t match his chosen energy descriptor. He may then add the spells to his spells known list (with DM’s approval). It has its energy type permanently changed to match his chosen descriptor. The energy damage the spell deals is converted to match his type. However, secondary affects that are part of the original spell’s energy type, and are associated with that type, are lost (for example a cold spell that would freeze its target would lose this effect when converted to another type).
Any lower level spells which are gained prior to this ability, but would qualify for it, may be converted in the same way.

Edit: Cant find the post on Gaintitp though, strange.. If you want, and its the right class, I could repost it for you. As I have it in a .docx. The post was a beta version of the class anyway.

Lord Vukodlak
2010-10-07, 05:35 PM
Could you be thinking of Seeker of the Song?

kgsoloman
2010-10-08, 04:15 PM
read all the comments (thanks) and after talking with my group about it my crew said that it was ok if i just took and spell that was elemental and made it sound i could add it to my spell list. was really happy about that until i realized that bards dont get many big spells, so i just died inside :'(

so i came up with a bard that uses wands overly so. has about 12 on his chest bandoleer style and 'shoots from the hip' with them. and hes going to be singing constantly while shooting all over the place.
in my head its Jack Sparrow with wands instead of pistols and thanks to obtain familiar is going to have his monkey still

thanks all for your help anyway! sorry if it seemed like a waste