PDA

View Full Version : Exalted Spirit Question

golentan
2010-10-06, 02:06 PM
So, in Exalted, I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer for.

Spirit's singular essence pools: Do they count as personal or peripheral? In short, do spirits have anima displays when they work their divine mojos? 'Tis vitally important plot point for my campaign.

The Rose Dragon
2010-10-06, 02:11 PM
Normally, only Exalts have anima banners. Deathlords form a special exception to this rule, as they have peripheral Essence pools. Other spirits only possess personal Essence pools and lack anima banners.

golentan
2010-10-06, 02:18 PM
Darn it, that's what I thought.

Okay. I'll do a workaround.

Yuki Akuma
2010-10-06, 02:59 PM
There's a specific spell that can give people without anima banners a psuedo-anima banner as part of its effect, although I don't remember the name or what it does aside from that.

Kylarra
2010-10-06, 03:29 PM
There's a specific spell that can give people without anima banners a psuedo-anima banner as part of its effect, although I don't remember the name or what it does aside from that.There's an ink monkeys charm that can do that now, but I don't remember the spell.

Yuki Akuma
2010-10-06, 03:54 PM
There's an ink monkeys charm that can do that now, but I don't remember the spell.

(It may have been a Martial Arts charm - I file them both under the same heading of "stuff anyone can learn".)

golentan
2010-10-06, 04:12 PM
Nah, the problem I have is an exalt posing as a god, to people who should know the difference if there are obvious discrepancies. It's getting rid of anima flaring that's the problem, since it can't just be explained away.

I've got a work around, it just means the bad guy is more powerful than he was already. :L

Yuki Akuma
2010-10-06, 07:35 PM
Take charms that grant you extra essence and take backgrounds and charms that upgrade your essence regeneration. Bingo! No anima flaring.

Reluctance
2010-10-06, 08:26 PM
Doesn't the night caste special ability cover exactly this? Although to be frank, anima flare is probably less of a drawback in front of a skeptical audience than a permanently corporeal nature is. And in front of a believing audience, keeping them believing shouldn't take more than the occasional cool trick that can easily fit within personal essence budgets.

Yuki Akuma
2010-10-06, 08:30 PM
This is why any Solar posing as a god should be an Eclipse. Then you can take Dematerialise!

golentan
2010-10-06, 11:55 PM
This is why any Solar posing as a god should be an Eclipse. Then you can take Dematerialise!

Got it in one. Infiltrating Yu Shan, of all the maniac schemes.

I've also decided that Essence Plethora adds to personal pool, and since he's already taken the other spirit charms of the fellow he's impersonating...