PDA

View Full Version : Fighter Build

Dyzon
2010-10-06, 02:49 PM
Hey I'm a bit green around the pathfinder schemes. Thus I need some help improving my fighter build, any suggestions and/or advice appreciated...

- We're on a slow XP progression and I am nearing my 5th lvl ( 20pts away :annoyed: )
- We're also using the APG too, I've taken the "2 handed feat tree" (and we must take all the feats that are in the APG that we've taken/considered...I currently have these abilities and feats...

*ABILITIES*
STR: 20/+5
DEX: 17/+3
CON: 16/+3
INT: 7/-2
WIS: 10/0
CHA: 10/0
*FEATS*
>> Power Attack
>> Cleave
>> Dodge
>> Mobility
>> Weapon Focus - Falchion
>> Weapon Specialization - Falchion
>> Shattering Strike*APG*
>> Overhand Chop *APG*

- My party consists of a lvl 6 ranger and cleric, lvl 4 fighter(me), wizard and barb, lvl 3 wizard. I currently do the most damage @ minimum 19 - 25 crit at 21 - 33 (I average with 24 norm and 28 crit)
- So my question is whats the easiest way to become better at attacking/damage without losing AC

- Any suggestions is appreciated, THANKS! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ruinix
2010-10-06, 03:55 PM
there is'nt good ways to enhance the to hit with out lose AC, but AC is the brainless cousin of concealment, look ways to get conceal, partial at least. and off course there is the DR too.

thus u can drop AC, get some DR and some concealment and go all the way up in the to hit and damage road.

charger builds usually do this.

the other way to be an eficient fighter is drop damage, enhance the to hit and go on the road of lockdown builds.

Dyzon
2010-10-06, 07:40 PM
- Would I continue to use my lvl-ups for STR or dump into something else?

- What do you mean
lock down builds. are you referring to the APG? (remember I am very new to pathfinder and sort of new to DnD in general.)

- Lastly I am thinking of going multiclass into ranger or cleric for a few levels, and then again I kind of want o keep on doing a high rate of damage too.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: THANKS A BUNCH!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

dgnslyr
2010-10-06, 07:45 PM
Lockdown consists of preventing your opponent from doing anything meaningful. Generally, this is accomplished with Stand Still (prevent opponents from moving when you hit them with an AoO) and tripping people with a Spiked Chain. Combat Reflexes is mandatory for this kind of build, too. Improved Trip is good, and Knock Down means you get free trip attempts when you deal 10+ damage. I don't think Knock Down's in Core or on SRD, though.

Also, I'd dump CHA and Wis so you don't take an INT hit, because 2 - 2 skill points just doesn't go very far.

Dyzon
2010-10-06, 07:56 PM
- So get that chain of feats that you suggested...
Stand Still; Combat Reflexes; Improved Trip; Knock Down (if they have it)

- So bump up INT to 8 that will give me a -1 then next lvl pull it up again to bring me to 0...right?

:biggrin: THANKS!!! :biggrin:

Greenish
2010-10-07, 03:42 AM
I don't think Knock Down's in Core or on SRD, though.It is in SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#knockDown). The thing is, it's not in PF, as far as I know.

Also, PF Spiked Chain is useless.

Wings of Peace
2010-10-07, 04:47 AM
If you're allowed to re-build I would recommend taking the Magical Training background feat. While it won't help you now it will later on let you take levels in Arcane Duelist (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030224a) which at it's third level lets you subtract damage and add it to your ab.

You're also going to want to pick up the tactical feat Shock Trooper from complete warrior when you can. It will allow you to subtract your power attack penalty from your AC instead of your AB. This is a good thing because you're more likely to hit your target this way and dead targets do less damage than live targets.