PDA

View Full Version : Bloodlines

DragonsAion
2010-10-06, 05:06 PM
If I understand the system right if you take a "major" bloodline by the time you hit "20th" lvl you've gained a +3 lvl adjustment due to you taking 3 lvls of bloodlines.

Does that sound right?

Demons_eye
2010-10-06, 05:14 PM
Yes and no. You gain no skills or HD for those levels but still gain class features and due to wording all your classes level up not just the last one.

Darrin
2010-10-06, 08:38 PM
If I understand the system right if you take a "major" bloodline by the time you hit "20th" lvl you've gained a +3 lvl adjustment due to you taking 3 lvls of bloodlines.

Does that sound right?

No.

Bloodlines are sorta like "reverse level adjustment". The bloodlines description explicitly states they are not the same as level adjustment, I suspect mostly to prevent people from using the "buying off LA" rules to counter the disadvantages. However, the rules for them are so mind-numbingly badly explained that no one is entirely sure how to calculate XP for them.

JaronK
2010-10-06, 09:54 PM
Bloodlines do not, IIRC, increase character level. Thus, while you need as much exp as a 23rd level character to hit level 20, your level has actually been lower through most levels, and as such you've gotten more exp per encounter for a VERY long time.

JaronK

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-10-07, 02:26 AM
This will tell you everything this thread needs (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7167.0)