PDA

View Full Version : Templated characters

Orzel
2010-10-06, 05:33 PM
We have seen multiclassers (Belkar, Miko, and Thog) and people with prestige classes (Elan) as major characters. The only major templated characters so far is Big X (Enor hasn't done enough for me to count as a major character).

So here's hoping Roy or Durkon gets bitten by a werebear, werepanther, or wereorca.

I'd love to see Belkar get one but he's gonna stop breathing soon so he can't get one... >_>

So let's give major characters templates and laugh. Create explanations for extra funny.

Crisis21
2010-10-06, 06:27 PM
I'm willing to place a bit of money on the possibility of Haley being a templated character. The reason for this is that way back in Book 1, Rich let on that there was another way in which Haley and Sabine were opposed, but he was not prepared to reveal just what that was. Haley's younger self in this comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0681.html) also said that '[her] mommy went to heaven last year'.

Based on this evidence, I'm prepared to wager that Haley has a half-celestial template of some sort.

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-06, 08:13 PM
I'm willing to place a bit of money on the possibility of Haley being a templated character. The reason for this is that way back in Book 1, Rich let on that there was another way in which Haley and Sabine were opposed, but he was not prepared to reveal just what that was. Haley's younger self in this comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0681.html) also said that '[her] mommy went to heaven last year'.

Based on this evidence, I'm prepared to wager that Haley has a half-celestial template of some sort.
Yay, this debate again!

*gets popcorn*

mootoall
2010-10-06, 09:59 PM
Well naturally I'd throw a half-tarrasque template on Mr. Scruffy. Not that he needs it.

Crisis21
2010-10-06, 10:01 PM
Before said debate begins in earnest, I'd like to go on record saying that I'm well aware that there are holes in my preferred side that we could fit a dragon through.

I said I was prepared to wager on the possibility, not that I was prepared to wager heavily.

cdstephens
2010-10-06, 10:35 PM
Maybe Belkar can become undead after he stops breathing?

Crisis21
2010-10-06, 10:36 PM
Maybe Belkar can become turn undead after he stops breathing?

Fixed for lulz.

cdstephens
2010-10-06, 10:43 PM
Fixed for lulz.

I approve.

Ancalagon
2010-10-07, 04:20 AM
Maybe Belkar can become undead after he stops breathing?

Ah, another of those "unresolvable debates" just within only a few posts of each other. ;)

Let's propose that Haley'S Father is actually Lord Tyrinar or so and we have a third one.

Nimrod's Son
2010-10-07, 05:00 AM
Before said debate begins in earnest, I'd like to go on record saying that I'm well aware that there are holes in my preferred side that we could fit a dragon through.
Like Haley being listed as "female human rogue" on the NCftPB cast page, for instance?

Ah, another of those "unresolvable debates" just within only a few posts of each other. ;)

Let's propose that Haley'S Father is actually Lord Tyrinar or so and we have a third one.
Preposterous. Everyone knows that Tyrinar is Elan's father. Girard is Haley's father. :smallwink:

Orzel
2010-10-07, 06:38 AM
Are there templaes that could turn Belkkar's type to elemental?

suszterpatt
2010-10-07, 07:10 AM
Are there templaes that could turn Belkkar's type to elemental?Negative energy plane, here we come!

Kondziu
2010-10-07, 07:32 AM
Preposterous. Everyone knows that Tyrinar is Elan's father. Girard is Haley's father. :smallwink:

Huh? Tarquin = Tyrinar = Girard in disguise. Haley is obviously Elans half-celestial sister.

EDIT: Oh, well, that's actually pretty compatible to what you wrote.

curtis
2010-10-07, 12:01 PM
Like Haley being listed as "female human rogue" on the NCftPB cast page, for instance?

Not that I think that Haley IS half-celestial, but if she is the Giant's hardly likely to reveal it on the cast page of one of the books, of all places. It'll be at the most dramatically appropriate moment possible.

Kondziu
2010-10-07, 12:36 PM
The point was, probably, that it would contradict what we already know by the Word of Giant.