PDA

View Full Version : Warlock (Pathfinder)

Pezmerga
2010-10-06, 10:31 PM
Warlock
{table=head]Lvl|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Invocations
1|+0|+0|+0|+2|Eldritch Blast-1d6, Invocation (Least|1|
2|+1|+0|+0|+3|Detect Magic at Will|2|
3|+2|+1|+1|+3|Eldritch Blast 2d6, DR 1/Cold Iron|3|
4|+3|+1|+1|+4|Deceive Item|4|
5|+3|+1|+1|+4|Eldritch Blast 3d6, Energy Resistance 5|4|
6|+4|+2|+2|+5|New Invocation (Least or Lesser), DR 2/Cold Iron|5|
7|+5|+2|+2|+5|Eldritch Blast 4d6, HellFire Infusion|6|
8|+6/+1|+2|+2|+6|HellFire Blast (+ 1d6 to Eldritch Blast, take 2 damage for Every Hellfire Die), Fiendish Resilience 2|7|
9|+6/+1|+3|+3|+6|Eldritch Blast 5d6, Damage Reduction 3/Cold Iron|7|
10|+7/+2|+3|+3|+7|Energy Resistance 10, HellFire Blast (+ 2d6)|8|
11|+8/+3|+3|+3|+7|Eldritch Blast 6d6, New Invocation (Least, Lesser, or Greater), Imbue Item|9|
12|+9/+4|+4|+4|+8|Hellfire Blast (+3d6) Damage Reduction 4/Cold Iron|10|
13|+9/+4|+4|+4|+8|Eldritch Blast 7d6, Fiendish Resilience 4 (Immediate Action)|10|
14|+10/+5|+4|+4|+9|HellFire Blast (+ 4d6), Hellfire Shield|11|
15|+11/+6/+1|+5|+5|+9|Eldritch Blast 8d6, Damage Reduction 5/Cold Iron, Energy Resistance 15|12|
16|+12/+7/+2|+5|+5|+10|HellFire Blast (+ 5d6), New Invocation (Least, Lesser, Greater, or Dark)|13|
17|+12/+7/+2|+5|+5|+10|Eldritch Blast 9d6|13|
18|+13/+8/+3|+6|+6|+11|HellFire Blast (+6d6), Fiendish Resilience 6, Damage Reduction 6/Cold Iron|14|
19|+14/+9/+4|+6|+6|+11|Eldritch Blast 10d6|15|
20|+15/+10/+5|+6|+6|+12|HellFire Blast (+ 7d6), Energy Resistance 20, Damage Reduction 7/Cold Iron, Hellfire Mastery (No Longer Take Damage from Hellfire Blast.)|16|[/table]

Hell Fire Shield - As an immediate action, attack someone who attempts to strike you with a Hellfire Blast. This attack automatically hits, but target can attempt a reflex save for half damage. You take 2 Damage per Hellfire Die used. DC = 10 + 1/2 Warlock Level + Cha Modifier.

Hell Fire Infusion - Can infuse Charged Magic Items (such as staffs or wands) with one of the following Metamagic abilities: Empower, Enlarge, Widen or Energy Substitution. Usable a number of times equal to your Charisma Modifier per day.

Hellfire Blast
Whenever you use your eldritch blast ability, you can change your eldritch blast into a hellfire blast. A hellfire blast deals your normal eldritch blast damage plus an extra 1d6 at 8th level, and an additional 1d6 for every two levels up to level 20. If your blast hits multiple targets (for example, the eldritch chain or eldritch cone blast shape invocations), each target takes the extra damage. For each die of hellfire blast you use with this ability, you take 2 point of damage. Because the diabolical forces behind the power of hellfire demand part of your essence in exchange for this granted power. You can choose not to use all the dice you would normally be entitled to lower this damage each time you use this ability.

Pezmerga
2010-10-07, 12:26 AM
Change Level 13 Fiendish Resilience to 4 and level 18 to 6. Just saw that they were both 5 :)

The Tygre
2010-10-07, 02:20 AM
Gaaah! Table! Use table! Get real table!

Pezmerga
2010-10-07, 09:57 AM
Added in table. Sorry about the Excel Photo :)

I kinda like the idea of the warlock trading something of himself for more power...

Could change the Hellfire Blast to take hp damage instead of Con Damage..and maybe make it usuable con or cha/day to balance that.

Another option is to maybe make the hellfire blast a class option and instead of the con damage each use, make it usable CON (or CHA) mod/day and when you select it as a class option you lose 1 hp per level and gain 1 hp less per level permanently. Of course we could come up with other options too. Of course I don't have any other options cooked up yet. To make this viable we would have to cook up more powers....Or maybe just make a Defensive/Control option too and let the class branch into two different paths, kinda like the ranger.

Hell maybe even make some abilities that they can buy with permanent HP loss, and put a level restriction? Could almost do away with the invocation system completely then! or Just let you "buy" new ones with hp and go back to the old Invocations per level. Just have to restrict how many powers you can buy per each level and such.

This is a little more radical of a change though..

Maquise
2010-10-07, 10:36 AM
I like the idea of the Warlock. I think it would be nice if they had different pact options available, like the sorcerer's bloodlines.

Then there's the whole witch/warlock appellation problem. Technically, they have the same meaning, but there's a separate Witch class.

Mulletmanalive
2010-10-07, 11:51 AM
Then there's the whole witch/warlock appellation problem. Technically, they have the same meaning, but there's a separate Witch class.

Actually, Warlock is a Scottish word fo Waylayer or Bandit and Witch is Old English/Anglo-Saxon for either "of power" or "Old Woman" depending on who you ask. As wherever i've seen it, the term is usually Wicked Witch is used, i tend to assume that the "of power" bit is actually what became Wicked [Wicce], while Witch is simily Wightch, which is the feminine for "strange old man" in a "of the hills" kind of sense.

Warlocks were burned, but that was the standard punishment for trespass at the time so i suppose it was just convenient.

The Witch Class in pathfinder has a more "wicked witch" flavour than the warlock, which is more of a "Disney/Anastasia baddy" than anything else [and don't we love it for it].

I like this version slightly better than the Necromancer Games version, which used the school powers from the Wizard list. It works surprisingly well, though. Tome of Secrets, that one.

Pezmerga
2010-10-07, 06:22 PM
Edited Class in first post

Kurtmuran
2010-10-10, 01:54 AM
what do hell fire infussion?