PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Good League of Good LIX: Now With Trees!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Trobby
2010-10-06, 10:35 PM
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!

The Good League of Good is an ACRONYM organization devoted to the redemption of evildoers and the care and support of those in need. If you are looking to smite evil, please check out HALO or WATCHTOWER.[/SIZE]

If you are new to Acro or ffrp, please come to the Nexus OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154770) and introduce yourself first. :smallsmile:

Our IC leaders:
President Emeritus: Happy Amakirr (player: Happyturtle)
President: Daisuke Hayashi (player: Horngeek)
Acting President/Head of Pastoral Care: Quinn (player: Bushranger)
Treasurer: Jazirian (player: KidKris)
Chief Warden/of Security: Susan (player: Billtodamax) and Judy (player: Lex-kat)

More positions open

OOC: All players are welcome to make a character to join GLoG. The post-in-ooc-thread-first request is only so we know who is around. We aren't running auditions or anything. :smallsmile:
IC: Your character may be refused entry to the premises or asked to leave if they cause trouble in-character.

Membership form:

Name:
Current Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
Desired Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
Profession:
Race:
How can you contribute to help support this organization's goals?
Any other important information:
Preferred room assignment:

((see room list and choose))

Character room assignments:
{table=head]Location|Character|Player|Room|Notes
Main Lodge - Willow|Happy Amakirr, President|Happyturtle||
|Charity Evans|Happyturtle
|Otaso|Hyozo
|Phoenix|KidKris
|Anshu|Iames
|Nimai|Iames
|Tomris Nafisim|Je dit Viola
Cabin 1 - Oak|Jazirian, Khiansa|KidKris|
A|
|Susan, Head of Security|billtodamax|
C|
Cabin 2 - Sycamore|Amadeus|Happy Days Falgorn|
A|
|Thierry|Snares|
B|
Cabin 3 - Redwood|Crodelus|Hyozo|
A|
Cabin 4 - Maple|Shania|Lex-Kat|
D|broken windows
Cabin 5 - Apple|Coplantor|Coplantor|
A|Visitors Cabin|
Cabin 6 - Cherry|Marley|ThePhantom|
A|
|Kris|Introbulus|
B|
|Rose|Horngeek|
C|
|Butler?|Reinholdt|
D|
Cabin 7 - Chestnut|Helykaan|Je dit Viola|
A|
Cabin 8 - Birch|Koyuki|Piggyebil|
A|
|Krysta|Lex-kat|
B|
Cabin 9 - Dogwood|Coma Nothing|Beans|
A|
|Vashal|Quinsar|
A|
|Yamako|iElf|
B|
Cabin 10 - Elm|Brendan, Ashna|Bushranger, Recaiden|
A|
Infirmary - Cedar|Eko|Earl of Purple|
[/table]

Each cabin has rooms A-D. The main lodge has plenty of bunk space, but there are no separate rooms.

Cabin 5 - Maple is reserved for visitors who do not want to stay at the lodge. They are requested to check in at the main lodge, where any member can give them permission to stay for a few days. Longer than that, and unless they are in need, they would be requested to either join or move to their own place or one of the local inns.

New cabins can be added as the plot demands it. Here is a list of unused tree names:

Linden, Larch, Ash, Pine, Hickory, Poplar, Magnolia, Olive, Rowan, Fir, Spruce, Holly, Cottonwood, Cypress, Hemlock, Teak, Ebony, Pear, Fig, Date, Mahogany, Palm, Lime, Acadia, Gumbo Limbo…

Description of the new GLoG setting:
After the original GLoG building was destroyed by an army of catpeople, the survivors took out a mortgage and purchased Phoenix Lake Campground. Facilities include the main lodge house, a bathhouse with separate male and female sections, a stable (no horses present), various picnic shelters, and a few scattered cabins. It's set in the foothills of the Acro mountains, and mainly surrounded by woods. There are many hiking trails nearby leading to mountaintop vistas, waterfalls, seacoves, and various other locations, both within this thread, and in the Outside thread. The campground is also within easy walking distance of the Taverna Generica and the city of Inside.

At the lake, there is a small dock with a little shed nearby where a few canoes and paddleboats are stored. (They probably should be inspected first before trying to put them in the water.) The swimming area has a GIANT slide and a rope swing. Because GIANT slides and rope swings are awesome. :smallbiggrin: There is also a playground under the trees, set back from the lake somewhat, and a set of horseshoe pits.

Having been built on a Generic Ancient Burial Ground, Phoenix Lake Campground is haunted by various ghosts. They are generally harmless, and for the most part glad to have some company, though pranks and hijinks may occur. Ghosts, like the drones of old, can be NPC'd by anyone. They tend to speak in Gray.

Speaking of drones, there are very few remaining, all of which are the basic hospitality drones rather than the war-ready Security drones. They can still be NPC'd by anyone, but there should never be more than one per player in the area. No more drone swarming. :smallfrown:

Surroundings:

South, by Neon Knight:
[Lake, Southern Shores]

Our descriptive tour starts here, because NK has jurisdiction here.

The southern shore is a gentle slope descending into the waters of the lake, sandy here and there, and perfect for waders and swimmers. There are no high banks along the water, which is normally quite pleasant. Being winter, of course, it is rather chilly. The foliage around the lake isn't prickly or harsh at all, and a free trees provide shade for those inclined to lounge nearby.

[South Meadow]

Immediately south of the central shoreline is a rather nice meadow. Although winter has robbed it of some joy and vitality, [South Meadow] will be a lovely spot for picnics when warmth returns, with soft grass, pretty blooms, and an arrangement of surrounding trees that lets in just enough wind to cool you off in the summer but blocks enough so that the windchill doesn't freeze you.

[South Forest]

As the tree line thickens, conifers and deciduous trees grow in thick clumps, making a patchy canopy overhead. Hiking trails wind through it here and there, but it is mostly overgrown; the southern woods are a more remote and neglected part of the campground.

The bare wooden limbs of the deciduous trees contrast sharply with the continued vitality and life of the firs and other conifers. The elevation gently slopes up the deeper south you go, wit forested hills rising and eventually the great peaks of the mountains forming the southern part of the valley.

North, by EleventhHour:
[Once in a lifetime, you get a new beginning]

GLoG, was blown apart and torn down, those who visited it mourned the loss of such an extravagant building, and for the loss of a landmark they grew up with. When they heard word of it being rebuilt, from almost the ground, people came to see, and to work. The following is an excerpt from a journal of a woman who came to see the new place...

On the northern shores of the lake, 'tis easy to see why they pick such a place. To the south it one range of mountains, sandy beaches and old forgotten trails, on the north side, things are rockier. For example, even as I write this, I stand on the head of a short cliffside some six feet above the glistening blue waters, well they are frozen over with ice at the moment, glittering in the sun, but I can imagine the summer view...

To look around, turning in an eastward fasion, it's easiest to notice the grey mountain peak of the beginning of the northern range, the massive waterfall feeding the lake shining white even from here, there are the forested groves and the low growing holly bushes, some dead for the winter, others still a vibrant green as thier sort dictates. To the north, I will have to travel through the woods, to be looking upon the sights. Coming back 'round to the west, you can see the battered place of old, where a graveyard must have stood, some pitted old pillars and laystones of granite grown over with moss, and pushed aside by saplings.

Upon starting the climb up the hillsides about the mountainous locale, I noticed that where some rockslides had taken the face away from the lower mountain revealing black, midnight cracks into the roots of the world, leading who knows where, and sealed for who knows how long. Ah! I have reached a merry pinnacle, about halfway up those imposing peaks. Oh, 'tis cold, certainly, but any who dare venture up this far are surely in for a treat of wonder. Looking down across the forest, you can see the blackened trees to the west, and the breaks in the treeline where the cabins and lodges stand empty, with the little cleared roads drawing snaked pathes between them.

Up here, you can taste the frigid air, and only the lowest growing bushes are able to grow at all. Miraculously, when I stopped in a little enclave on the side of the hill, heading back down now, there were blueberries growing! In the middle of winter, no less! Unfortunately, there was a storm brewing, and I had no time to stop and wait. One thing did catch my eye though, on the way down, that somehow I couldn't see from the peak, and I have yet to drop by the main lodge itself to see, but from here I could see a tree, massive beyond reason of twisted branches and a trunk easily as large as a house, I would say it was a blue ash, but they couldn't possibly grow so tall...

Island: (by Rebonack)
In the midst of the lake there is a small island. Getting here is a bit of a swim unless other means of transportation are available.

It's generally sandy with more than a few alder trees quite happy to take advantage of the water. Everything is powdered with a light application of snow, disturbed by only the occasional bird footprints. Isn't exactly the sort of location large animals come to.

The place is largely wooded with the occasional granite boulder sticking out of the snow, strange swirling petroglyphs etched into them. And in the middle of the island is a structure of decent size. A low, squat building of stacked stones. Looks to be a crypt of some kind.

Should one step into the barrow...

It's dark inside. And kinda wet. The walls are carved with the same odd swirling sigils that were found on several of the stones outside. In the middle of the ruin lies a huge stone table, ancient glyphs ringing the edge. The slab appears to have broken ages ago, split right down the middle. Several windows allow sunlight to filter in, causing the various stone to cast long shadows.

Or at least they do when the skylights aren't covered in snow.

Buildings:
Main Lodge: This large building contains an industrial kitchen with a cafeteria style serving area, and an open space that was once used as the dining hall. The space is warmed by a massive fireplace. Bunk beds are lined up on one end of the hall, opposite the kitchen, and a few comfy chairs and sofas are beginning to appear around the fireplace as they are procured. The building itself is made of stone.

Bathhouse: This building is divided into the men's and women's bathhouses, with entrances at either end. It has shower stalls, a line of sinks, and toilet stalls in each. By now, the shower curtains have been replaced and the whole area has been scrubbed to cleanliness and usability.

Cabins: Each cabin has 4 rooms, each with shelves and space for three bunk beds. The ones nearest to the lodge have been cleaned out and are habitable, though they lack furniture and any source of heat.

Infirmary:
The outside of the infirmary looks just like all the rest of the buildings. Nothing distinguishes it at all.

But inside, everything is white, with silver highlighting. Even though it doesn't seem possible, when looking from outside, sunlight filters inside. Giving the place a warm feeling with natural light.

A soft, soothing music filters through the whole building and words can barely be heard saying words of healing and comfort, like: "You are going to be okay." "We'll take care of you." "You are dear to us." and so on.

Each room is walled off for a limited amount of privacy, because the pixies know that humans seem to need this. Strange. But it is limited. There are no doors.

Kinda looks like this:
|_\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\_|
|__\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\|

Except the angles are more severe, so that people on the other side of the hall can't see into anyone's room. Only someone intentionally looking in, can see you.

There is also a small living area in the back which includes a small kitchen and bedroom among a few other things.

Ghosts:

{table=head]Ghost|Player|Notes
Teenage Prankster|Hyozo|Seems to enjoy tormenting Charity
Bloody gentleman|Hyozo|
Ironbeard|Happyturtle|A dwarven gentleman rake
Lady Anastasia Miranda Ophelia Stuart|Happyturtle|former royal courtesan
Nurse Piper|NPC|Former camp nurse, thinks of the GLoG infirmary as her domain
Lady Phoenix|ThePhantom|the lady in the faded red dress
Vidalia|Lex-kat|Former member of old GLoG
Heather|Happyturtle|Drowned teenage girl
Jase|Happyturtle|teenage boy
[/table]

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1001/d10/1026/f540261.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/33956942)

Attention villains:
Conflict is great! It's the heart of any story, and there isn't much to roleplay without it. However, as a player to player courtesy, please check in with the players who are active at any given time before launching an attack. Not everyone wants to roleplay combat scenes, and sometimes there are other things going on (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0497.html) that players don't want to interrupt for a random fight. Either a PM/IM to players, a short post in thread to say ((Mind if I introduce a villain here?)) or a longer post in the OOC thread if it's a larger plot is appreciated.

Also, please don't plan any villainy that will result in destroying the base or having the same effect (poisoning the lake, burning down the forest, etc.)

Base Defences:
So Khiansa goes around the grounds, casting alarm spells around the surrounding woods, and wards against the weaker classes of undead, devil or demon (eg. Those least likely to be PCs :smallwink:), weak wards to limit the strength of destructive magic, and other such weak fields of protection, in order to make things a bit safer in general, before he can eventually go back over and make stronger, more selective wards.
After setting up the wards, he'll start the considerably harder work of magically fortifying the buildings themselves, especially the lodge, weaving spells of protection and strength in between and through the building materials, so that they may better withstand attack.

NB: As part of a continuing effort to move away from DnD and become more freeform, there is no longer any inbuilt organizational capability of 'alignment detection'. Individual PCs may or may not have this ability.

Reference images:

Main lodge:
http://www.campgreenville.org/myimages/img_1464.jpg

GIANT slide:
http://www.campgreenville.org/myimages/historical_4.jpg

The lake:

http://www.campgreenville.org/myimages/img_1545.jpg

***When this thread reaches 50 pages, anyone can make a new GLoG thread, which grants them the right to choose the title and (optional) theme song. Please be willing to keep the cabin list updated, and check that the link to the Nexus OOC thread is current. If you anticipate being away from the forums much during the lifetime of the thread (each thread usually lasts a few weeks) then please let someone else do it.***

This Thread's Theme song: Jessica - The Allman Brothers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oidm5Zfw_SA)

Trobby
2010-10-06, 10:38 PM
"Ooooooh, really? That's awesome!" Jamie grins. "I'm kinda self-taught, I guess. Discovered what I could do by accident? But I've learned a lot from Nimai and Mara too."

"Heh...well that works too I suppose...what sort of things DO you do? I'm mostly just a fighter, though I can also channel the power of Ki."

The Bushranger
2010-10-06, 10:40 PM
[Infirmary Bedroom]

"Well, right now, I can give people headaches," Jamie says with a giggle. "And do things like bust locks with sonic blasts! But if I transform I can do all kinds of cool druid-elemental things."

Reinholdt
2010-10-06, 10:41 PM
Now you just need to name all the cabins. :smalltongue:
Or at least cabin 6.

"But then you couldn't clean things. Why don't you spend half your time there, and half your time here. People like you around, and there's plenty to clean here."

Here we go again, Marley. Using your brain for Butler.

(I like "Now With Trees!")

"I don't really spend half my time there sir. But if I spent half my time there and half my time here... I think... I think that wouldn't leave any time left to go to Trog's or the Taverna or that new bar that opened up or AMEN or PACK or the Magcave sir." :smallconfused:
He's pretty sure the math on that is right.

"Besides, I already cleaned this place sir. And I like giving tours sir." Butler has pretty much become freelance already. And it's not like he won't be around. He's been here for a couple of days now.

((deadtime))

Trobby
2010-10-06, 10:43 PM
[Infirmary Bedroom]

"Well, right now, I can give people headaches," Jamie says with a giggle. "And do things like bust locks with sonic blasts! But if I transform I can do all kinds of cool druid-elemental things."

"Ooh...you can transform?"

"Can I see?"

ThePhantom
2010-10-06, 10:44 PM
Now you just need to name all the cabins. :smalltongue:
Or at least cabin 6.

"I don't really spend half my time there sir. But if I spent half my time there and half my time here... I think... I think that wouldn't leave any time left to go to Trog's or the Taverna or that new bar that opened up or AMEN or PACK or the Magcave sir." :smallconfused:
He's pretty sure the math on that is right.

"Besides, I already cleaned this place sir. And I like giving tours sir." Butler has pretty much become freelance already. And it's not like he won't be around. He's been here for a couple of days now.

((deadtime))

"Wait, you've been to AMEN?"

Marley looks very interested in that fact.

The Bushranger
2010-10-06, 10:45 PM
"Sure!"

Jamie nods, and hops up onto the bed, grabbing a dowel from next to it, and raising it into the air.

"I am the Druid Princess Mikani, defender of nature's beauty and leader of pure hearts!" she calls out - as a gust of wind from out of nowhere swirls through the room!

And when it finishes, she's standing there, looking...rather different.
(See pics in the character thread. :smalltongue:))

"So! That's how I transform!" Mikani says, giggling.

Trobby
2010-10-06, 10:49 PM
"...Oh damn that is flamboyant."

Kris giggles, because even saying that, she rather likes how it looks.

"I've certainly never seen anything like that before...how do you do it?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-06, 10:52 PM
Mikani shrugs, grinning.
"I dunno. I just know that I can!" she says, hopping down off the bed to sit on it. "And it's pretty neat. Nimai and Maralah can change too, there are kinda different though!"

Lord Iames Osari
2010-10-06, 11:00 PM
" Wow " Balin is pulled along and into the cabin.

He looks around getting a little feeling of homesick.

"Come on through here," Nimai says, going over to the other door and opening it to reveal a hallway that by rights should not be there.

Jamie, spotting Mara looking back, waves through the window at her.
A 'come join us, if you want!' kind of wave. :smallsmile:

Mara glances at her sister and Balin, and decides to head on over.

Trobby
2010-10-06, 11:08 PM
Mikani shrugs, grinning.
"I dunno. I just know that I can!" she says, hopping down off the bed to sit on it. "And it's pretty neat. Nimai and Maralah can change too, there are kinda different though!"

"Oh? And who are they?"

If Mara enters the room, she'll back up and tilt her head, and offer a greeting.

((Not sure if she's entering the infirmary, or following Nimai and Balin.))

billtodamax
2010-10-07, 06:31 AM
Hey! Goblin! We never did get that drink, did we? Bellows the dwarf from some distance away, having just finished covering the hole infront of the infirmary. He's grinning happily under that beard, and Reelshka's in danger of being heartily slapped on the back.

Repost for four pages and a new thread. :smalltongue:

Morty
2010-10-07, 06:45 AM
Repost for four pages and a new thread. :smalltongue:

Reelshka is slapped on the back and staggers a bit. Well, we didn't. I suppse we might as well have it now. She's not sure if she'll like dwarven beer - then again, these dwarves seem to live underground, unlike the ones in her homeworld - but it'd be impolite to refuse.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 06:46 AM
Rose, suddenly, yawns sleepily.

ApeofLight
2010-10-07, 08:04 AM
"Come on through here," Nimai says, going over to the other door and opening it to reveal a hallway that by rights should not be there.

Balin blinks and takes a step back in surprise. Then he sighs as he realizes it must be some sort of magic that he isn't entirely used to. " Okay, easy enough I guess. " Balin says before going over to walk through the magical door.

Murkus
2010-10-07, 08:56 AM
Praetorious shrugs at Krystal's comment. "I'm not sure anyone does. People can try to make up theories to make sense of all this, but no one can really understand it."

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 10:15 AM
"Wait, you've been to AMEN?"

Marley looks very interested in that fact.

"Yes sir. I liked PEACE better sir. It was much cleaner sir. Though it had a meanie-mean face living there sir. So I guess I like AMEN better sir. I'm an honorary exchange member sir. Oh, that's right sir! Gordon said he was looking for you and wanted to meet you sir. Said you were famous sir. I told him I'd see if I could arrange a meeting for you two sir. I think he wants your autograph sir." :smallwink: :smallsmile:

Lord Iames Osari
2010-10-07, 10:19 AM
"Oh? And who are they?"

If Mara enters the room, she'll back up and tilt her head, and offer a greeting.

((Not sure if she's entering the infirmary, or following Nimai and Balin.))

((Entering the infirmary))

"Hello," she says.

Balin blinks and takes a step back in surprise. Then he sighs as he realizes it must be some sort of magic that he isn't entirely used to. " Okay, easy enough I guess. " Balin says before going over to walk through the magical door.

And so they step through to the Celestial Embassy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9500611#post9500611).

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-07, 10:36 AM
[Somewhere.]

Jazirian watches Dag's *cough* 'impersonation' of a human.
"Uhm... Close enough, I guess. Maybe you should try somethig a bit more like, simple?" :smallsmile:

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 05:44 PM
"Yes sir. I liked PEACE better sir. It was much cleaner sir. Though it had a meanie-mean face living there sir. So I guess I like AMEN better sir. I'm an honorary exchange member sir. Oh, that's right sir! Gordon said he was looking for you and wanted to meet you sir. Said you were famous sir. I told him I'd see if I could arrange a meeting for you two sir. I think he wants your autograph sir." :smallwink: :smallsmile:

:smalleek:Marley goes wide eyed, and tries to shake Butler.

"Gordon is EVIL! And he doesn't want my autograph, he wants my blood!"

Gordon scares Marley, far more than Cal ever did, likely because Cal mostly ignored Marley and didn't do much to torment him.

billtodamax
2010-10-07, 05:50 PM
Reelshka is slapped on the back and staggers a bit. Well, we didn't. I suppse we might as well have it now. She's not sure if she'll like dwarven beer - then again, these dwarves seem to live underground, unlike the ones in her homeworld - but it'd be impolite to refuse.

Excellent! He says. Come on, I think the wife just brewed a fresh barrel. He says, walking towards the wide hole in the middle of camp. Upon closer inspection it appears to be a ramp leading deep into the earth. It's wide and tall enough for a wagon to get down.

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 05:54 PM
:smalleek:Marley goes wide eyed, and tries to shake Butler.

"Gordon is EVIL! And he doesn't want my autograph, he wants my blood!"

Gordon scares Marley, far more than Cal ever did, likely because Cal mostly ignored Marley and didn't do much to torment him.

Butler is shaken! :smalleek:
"... Why would he want your blood sir? Doesn't he have his own sir?" :smallconfused:
Butler certainly can't imagine what anyone would need someone else's blood for.

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 05:56 PM
"I don't know! But the second to last time I was there, I was in a tube, with tubes in me to take it!":smalleek:

Marley starts breathing a lot heavier than he normally does.

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 05:58 PM
"... You lost your blood taking a bath sir?" What? :smallconfused:

"Please calm down sir. Everything's alright sir." :smallfrown: Gordon's not here or anything.

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 05:59 PM
Marley slowly calms down.

"I'm alright, alright. Sorry Butler."

Marley lies back down.

"Its just that he's very bad."

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 06:11 PM
[Infirmary]

"I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding sir. But you don't have to meet him sir. I'll just tell him that you'd rather not meet sir. It's no trouble sir." Sometimes people just want to be left alone!

"Can I get you anything sir?"

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 06:20 PM
[Somewhere.]

Jazirian watches Dag's *cough* 'impersonation' of a human.
"Uhm... Close enough, I guess. Maybe you should try somethig a bit more like, simple?" :smallsmile:

"Like what?" The human asks, tilting his head, but soon dissolves back into the hatchling shape. "How come you smell like Daddy?"

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 06:28 PM
[Infirmary]

"I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding sir. But you don't have to meet him sir. I'll just tell him that you'd rather not meet sir. It's no trouble sir." Sometimes people just want to be left alone!

"Can I get you anything sir?"

"Thank you. And can you get me a chalkboard, and some chalk?"

Marley relaxes, Butler would be fine, and so will I.

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 06:34 PM
[Infirmary]

"Certainly sir." Butler heads out!
Several minutes later he comes back with the required goods.
No I don't know where he got them either.

"Here you go sir." :smallsmile:

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 07:07 PM
"Thank you Butler. Now, go and get me as members of GLoG as you can, we have some planning to do."

Marley takes the chalk and starts drawing.

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 07:10 PM
[Infirmary]

"Errr... ok sir." :smallconfused:
Butler isn't really sure how to do that.

So he goes out and puts up signs saying Marley wants to speak to you in the Infirmary!
Literally. That's exactly what it says. Quote marks and everything.

[Entering the grounds]

Butler leads Emily to the campgrounds. "This is GLoG ma'am. It's a good place ma'am. Didn't always use to be outside ma'am. But there are lots of nice people here ma'am."

Lix Lorn
2010-10-07, 07:18 PM
Emily looked around in awe.
"W...wow..."

billtodamax
2010-10-07, 07:19 PM
Bill sees no quote marks.

Nevertheless, the message is carried to the female dwarf and Susan, who both arrive in the infirmary.

Hey, it's you! Ha ha ha. She sighs, her baby gurgling happily. Nice work on that pathway.

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 07:24 PM
"Really, cause something going wrong with the arc is why I'm lying in a bed with casts on my legs."

Marley keeps drawing.

"Got any experience with tunneling while there's lava nearby?"

billtodamax
2010-10-07, 07:29 PM
That just causes the dwarf to laugh more. Nice, really. Then he asks her if she can dig with lava nearby. Don't insult me. Of course I can. She says. She goes up on her toes and tries to peer at whatever it is Marley's drawing.

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 07:33 PM
Marley is drawing a mountain in chalk. A number of lines inside the shape, show hallways and rooms inside.

"Sorry, I wasn't sure. But that will come in handy."

Trobby
2010-10-07, 07:36 PM
[Entering the grounds]

Butler leads Emily to the campgrounds. "This is GLoG ma'am. It's a good place ma'am. Didn't always use to be outside ma'am. But there are lots of nice people here ma'am."

Kris follows behind them. She has a slightly glazed-over look in her eyes, her nose twitching a little. The long walk from Trog's Tavern gave her quite a bit of time to take in the "special bell"'s scent, and now she's feeling a little...

"Geheheehe...I like it here too~"

...Silly.

She is perfectly fine. NO THAT NEVER HAPPENED. :smallmad:

"Heh...I can't get over how pretty this place is..."

There. Perfectly Appropriate College for Kids response.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 07:37 PM
Rose follows Kris, but keeps yawning a bit. "Kris, I'm going to go check out our cabin, 'kay?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 07:38 PM
Emily looked around in awe.
"W...wow..."
"It is pretty ma'am. There's a lake over there ma'am. With a giant slide ma'am. And a swinging tire is over there ma'am. And the main cabin is there ma'am. And the infirmary is there ma'am. And I sleep in that cabin over there ma'am." Butler leads her around to all the different places.

Kris follows behind them. She has a slightly glazed-over look in her eyes, her nose twitching a little. The long walk from Trog's Tavern gave her quite a bit of time to take in the "special bell"'s scent, and now she's feeling a little...

"Geheheehe...I like it here too~"

...Silly.

Catnip is supposedly temporary! Like wax on, wax off! Or something. I dunno. The smell is miniscule enough that Butler isn't obviously affected, though I'm sure he probably is.

billtodamax
2010-10-07, 07:42 PM
What's that mountain made out of? Likely to be any valuable ores or gems? She asks. Oh, yeah, and why am I digging into it?

Trobby
2010-10-07, 07:44 PM
Rose follows Kris, but keeps yawning a bit. "Kris, I'm going to go check out our cabin, 'kay?"

"Oh? Alright then. I'll come with you."

This of course, is a totally different Kris...

In fact, I think there are three right now.

Kris 1: Following Rose to the Cabin
Kris 2: In the infirmary with Jamie
Kris 3: With Butler and Emily

"It is pretty ma'am. There's a lake over there ma'am. With a giant slide ma'am. And a swinging tire is over there ma'am. And the main cabin is there ma'am. And the infirmary is there ma'am. And I sleep in that cabin over there ma'am." Butler leads her around to all the different places.

Catnip is supposedly temporary! Like wax on, wax off! Or something. I dunno. The smell is miniscule enough that Butler isn't obviously affected, though I'm sure he probably is.

Oh? Huh...Let's just say um...well...it never happened!

*Rewrites history*

"I sleep in that cabin too, silly cat." Kris giggles. "Or did you mean a different cabin? 'Cuz I thought we were going to share."

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 07:46 PM
[Infirmary]

"Its a volcano, and I'm not sure what's it made out of. They might be gems in it."

Marley keeps drawing.

"And you might not have to dig into it, but we may need a way to get inside without getting hit by rocks, bullets, missiles, or other things of death."

horngeek
2010-10-07, 07:47 PM
Rose will go with Kris to their cabin, then!

Where she'll look around, placing her sword by her bed.

{{Hmmm... should we say they sleep in seperate rooms, or the same one?}}

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 07:49 PM
Oh? Huh...Let's just say um...well...it never happened!

*Rewrites history*

"I sleep in that cabin too, silly cat." Kris giggles. "Or did you mean a different cabin? 'Cuz I thought we were going to share."

You need to look up catnip on wikipedia or something.
Personally I'd imagine Kris to be more affected than Butler anyways, being far more catlike than him, so it was a reasonable response.

"Well yes, you sleep in that cabin too as far as I'm aware ma'am." :smallconfused:

Trobby
2010-10-07, 07:56 PM
Rose will go with Kris to their cabin, then!

Where she'll look around, placing her sword by her bed.

{{Hmmm... should we say they sleep in seperate rooms, or the same one?}}

((Think that was the idea. Though they can hang out in the same room for awhile.))

"Hmm...a little sparse...but roomy!"

Kris grins, hopping over to Rose's bed and bouncing up and down on it a little, taking a seat.

"Heh...I guess this'll be your room, and I'll take the one across from it.'

You need to look up catnip on wikipedia or something.
Personally I'd imagine Kris to be more affected than Butler anyways, being far more catlike than him, so it was a reasonable response.

"Well yes, you sleep in that cabin too as far as I'm aware ma'am." :smallconfused:

((D= I...buh..Argyle. ;w; I believed you. That's why. And Wiki doesn't help as much as it could. You just said it was more subtle than that, so I'm going to assume it would wear off if they were traveling together and not necessarily just standing in the same place for a long time because she wouldn't get enough of a dose to affect her.

There, it's explained now. *Siiigh* D: ))

"Right." Kris grinned, starting to smell the catnip again, getting a toothy grin on her face. "Heh...no peeking in my room, K?"

horngeek
2010-10-07, 07:58 PM
Rose nods. "Yeah, that sounds good to me."

Rose sits on the bed next to Kris. "It'll be good to have a permanent home... and not being alone all the time."

billtodamax
2010-10-07, 07:59 PM
[Infirmary]

"Its a volcano, and I'm not sure what's it made out of. They might be gems in it."

Marley keeps drawing.

"And you might not have to dig into it, but we may need a way to get inside without getting hit by rocks, bullets, missiles, or other things of death."

Good, that's enough for me. Just tell me when you need me. She says, humming happily. Oh, and if there's some silver ore, that would be good too. Haven't found any silver yet. She says, tapping her chin. Still, I don't suppose it would be very likely. Ah well.

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 08:01 PM
((D= I...buh..Argyle. ;w; I believed you. That's why. And Wiki doesn't help as much as it could. You just said it was more subtle than that, so I'm going to assume it would wear off if they were traveling together and not necessarily just standing in the same place for a long time because she wouldn't get enough of a dose to affect her.

There, it's explained now. *Siiigh* D: ))

"Right." Kris grinned, starting to smell the catnip again, getting a toothy grin on her face. "Heh...no peeking in my room, K?"
The subtle thing was directed only towards Butler.
How the stuff affects you is entirely up to you, silly, regardless of science! Besides, different species of catpeople probably react differently anyways. I know Butler's been up and down the spectrum. :smalltongue:

"Well... alright ma'am, but how am I going to clean it then ma'am?" :smallconfused:
Butler totally misses that innuendo/flirting/whatever it was.

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 08:02 PM
Good, that's enough for me. Just tell me when you need me. She says, humming happily. Oh, and if there's some silver ore, that would be good too. Haven't found any silver yet. She says, tapping her chin. Still, I don't suppose it would be very likely. Ah well.

"Thank you. Now, I need to rest."

Marley lies down and goes to sleep.

(deadtime)

Trobby
2010-10-07, 08:02 PM
Rose nods. "Yeah, that sounds good to me."

Rose sits on the bed next to Kris. "It'll be good to have a permanent home... and not being alone all the time."

"..."

It is totally time for another hug. Kris wraps her arms around Rose's waist, squeezing her tightly.

"I'm...glad too..I'm glad I can help you, to not be alone anymore."

The subtle thing was directed only towards Butler.
How the stuff affects you is entirely up to you, silly, regardless of science! Besides, different species of catpeople probably react differently anyways. I know Butler's been up and down the spectrum. :smalltongue:

"Well... alright ma'am, but how am I going to clean it then ma'am?" :smallconfused:
Butler totally misses that innuendo/flirting/whatever it was.

Teasing. She's teasing him.

And I've determined that the longer she stays around it, the more it affects her.

"Heh...not what I meant Sir...just knock fiurrrst...mh...do you...is there a minty smell in the air?"

horngeek
2010-10-07, 08:03 PM
Rose hugs back! Smiling. "Thanks, Kris."

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 08:12 PM
Teasing. She's teasing him.

And I've determined that the longer she stays around it, the more it affects her.

"Heh...not what I meant Sir...just knock fiurrrst...mh...do you...is there a minty smell in the air?"

And he'll never know!

Butler sniffs deep and gives a silly grin. "A little ma'am. But it's smelled kinda like this all day I think ma'am." Butler has no idea what causes it! He just figured everything started smelling nice. Keeps him in a good mood anyways.

Trobby
2010-10-07, 08:20 PM
Rose hugs back! Smiling. "Thanks, Kris."

"Heh...anytime, Rose. So, what do you think of the GLoG so far?"

And he'll never know!

Butler sniffs deep and gives a silly grin. "A little ma'am. But it's smelled kinda like this all day I think ma'am." Butler has no idea what causes it! He just figured everything started smelling nice. Keeps him in a good mood anyways.

"Heh...it...it kinda reminds me of the time that Sue had a buncha catnip and hid it in a ball. It made me act funny all day and had juuust that kinda minty smell~"

Kris's tail wiggles back and forth, her face curling into a :3 sort of smile as she leans a little closer to Butler.

"Youuuu kinda smell like it, Sir~"

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 08:24 PM
"Heh...it...it kinda reminds me of the time that Sue had a buncha catnip and hid it in a ball. It made me act funny all day and had juuust that kinda minty smell~"

Kris's tail wiggles back and forth, her face curling into a :3 sort of smile as she leans a little closer to Butler.

"Youuuu kinda smell like it, Sir~"

Butler leans back a little, mostly cause of the strange slurring, but not much, his tail twitching erratically.

"I do ma'am?"
Butler sniffs his hand. "I guess I do ma'am. Odd ma'am."
He gets an idea and leans closer again to Kris to sniff her.
"But so do you ma'am."
:smallconfused:

horngeek
2010-10-07, 08:26 PM
Rose nods. "I like it, I'd say."

Trobby
2010-10-07, 08:31 PM
Kris tilts her head, and sniffs a little more. She giggles, feeling very lightheaded.

"I thinksh its from your dingly balls~"

She...bats one of them, making it jingle, and giggles a bit.

Rose nods. "I like it, I'd say."

"Gonna stick around?" She asks, leaning back on the bed and pulling her feet up.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 08:34 PM
Rose pulls her shoes off, then starts shifting to lie on the bed next to Kris. "Yeah, I am."

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 08:35 PM
Kris tilts her head, and sniffs a little more. She giggles, feeling very lightheaded.

"I thinksh its from your dingly balls~"

She...bats one of them, making it jingle, and giggles a bit.

"Really ma'am? I just got this one today ma'am." :smallsmile: He points at the newest one. There's also a gold one, and a mithril one that makes sort of angelic sounds when it rings.

Trobby
2010-10-07, 08:40 PM
Rose pulls her shoes off, then starts shifting to lie on the bed next to Kris. "Yeah, I am."

"Heh...good. I'm glad I'll be staying with a friend while I'm here."

Kris lies back too, taking up considerably less room.

"Mm...say, I got a funny question for you. Do you like dogs?"

"Really ma'am? I just got this one today ma'am." :smallsmile: He points at the newest one. There's also a gold one, and a mithril one that makes sort of angelic sounds when it rings.

Do they...do they ALL have catnip?! :smalleek:

"Oohhh?" Kris grins, and then facefaults, and half-grin-facefaults. She's realizing something but having a hard time keeping it in her head.

"Y-y'know, I thiiiiinkish' got catnips inside..." She sniffs at it very carefully, getting uncomfortably close to Butler's person.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 08:42 PM
Rose looks at her, as they lie next to each other. "Don't really have a preference on that. Why?"

Trobby
2010-10-07, 08:44 PM
Rose looks at her, as they lie next to each other. "Don't really have a preference on that. Why?"

"Well, if we're gonna be friends, I want to know more about you. But I wasn't sure where to start, so I asked the first thing I could think of."

"...Admittedly this is not the most effective method, but it used to amuse Sue all the time."

horngeek
2010-10-07, 08:45 PM
Rose chuckles. "I see."

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 08:46 PM
Do they...do they ALL have catnip?! :smalleek:

"Oohhh?" Kris grins, and then facefaults, and half-grin-facefaults. She's realizing something but having a hard time keeping it in her head.

"Y-y'know, I thiiiiinkish' got catnips inside..." She sniffs at it very carefully, getting uncomfortably close to Butler's person.

No, just the one.
"Really ma'am. That would explain some things ma'am."
Butler reaches up to scratch her ears.
'Uncomfortably close'. Like there's such a thing with Butler.

Trobby
2010-10-07, 08:50 PM
Rose chuckles. "I see."

"Heh...well, your turn then. Ask me something."

No, just the one.
"Really ma'am. That would explain some things ma'am."
Butler reaches up to scratch her ears.
'Uncomfortably close'. Like there's such a thing with Butler.

Ah...well the one bell is pleeeenty.

"You should prrrrrraahh~"

Her words melt into nothingness as she herself melts at the scratching behind her ear. It quirks to the side cutely, as she pushes her ear into his hand, eyes half-closing as she purrs with delight.

"H-h-heeee~ That's niiiicee~"

But oh boy will she be embarrassed about this later. :smalltongue:

horngeek
2010-10-07, 08:50 PM
"Well... how did you meet Butler?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 08:56 PM
Ah...well the one bell is pleeeenty.

"You should prrrrrraahh~"

Her words melt into nothingness as she herself melts at the scratching behind her ear. It quirks to the side cutely, as she pushes her ear into his hand, eyes half-closing as she purrs with delight.

"H-h-heeee~ That's niiiicee~"

But oh boy will she be embarrassed about this later. :smalltongue:

Pfft. Enjoying ear-scritches isn't embarrassing.
Butler grins.
And moves to scratch the other ear!
"I thought your ears might be sensitive ma'am. I haven't met a catperson who didn't like their ears scritched ma'am." :smallsmile:

The Bushranger
2010-10-07, 09:00 PM
[Infirmary Bedroom]

"Oh? And who are they?"

"Hello," [Mara] says.

"Hi Mara!" Jamie smiles broadly, and hurries over to give her pale friend a hug. "Have you met Kris yet? Kris, this is Maralah. She's my friend and part of our team!"

Trobby
2010-10-07, 09:06 PM
"Well... how did you meet Butler?"

"Oh! Almost immediately after arriving in the Nexus, actually. I showed up in the Nexus and he gave me a tour, no questions asked!"

And I forgot to leave breadcrumbs of Kris's trail! D= So much for being able to keep track of their story. ;w;

"He took me on a tour of the WATCHTOWER, then here to GLoG."

Pfft. Enjoying ear-scritches isn't embarrassing.
Butler grins.
And moves to scratch the other ear!
"I thought your ears might be sensitive ma'am. I haven't met a catperson who didn't like their ears scritched ma'am." :smallsmile:

"Eheeh...they're veeerry sensytive." She giggles, curling onto her knees as Butler scratches both ears, purring and pawing at the air. She has a bit of a blush on her face.

"Heheh...T-this is shoo embarasshingy~"

[Infirmary Bedroom]
"Hi Mara!" Jamie smiles broadly, and hurries over to give her pale friend a hug. "Have you met Kris yet? Kris, this is Maralah. She's my friend and part of our team!"

"Heya!" The non-Catnipped Kris waves to the new friend! "Nice to meet you!"

horngeek
2010-10-07, 09:07 PM
Rose looks at her. "Well, your turn."

She rolls onto her side, facing Kris.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-07, 09:11 PM
There are Kris' everywhere!

Krystal undeadtimes in the infirmary office. Not sure if that's in sight of where Jamie and friends are.

If so, she'll give Jamie a wave.

Trobby
2010-10-07, 09:14 PM
Rose looks at her. "Well, your turn."

She rolls onto her side, facing Kris.

Kris rolls that way too, grinning her usual silly Kris grin.

"Alright then. What's your favorite color?"

Kris is not quite as good at this. :smalltongue:

There are Kris' everywhere!

I blame the people who encouraged me to make plot clones.

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 09:15 PM
"Eheeh...they're veeerry sensytive." She giggles, curling onto her knees as Butler scratches both ears, purring and pawing at the air. She has a bit of a blush on her face.

"Heheh...T-this is shoo embarasshingy~"

"Really ma'am?" :smallconfused:

Butler pulls his hands away and stops scratching. "I'm sorry ma'am. I didn't mean to embarrass you ma'am." :smallfrown:

horngeek
2010-10-07, 09:15 PM
"Hmmm... green."

She looks at Kris. "How come you've got cat ears and a tail?"

Trobby
2010-10-07, 09:27 PM
"Really ma'am?" :smallconfused:

Butler pulls his hands away and stops scratching. "I'm sorry ma'am. I didn't mean to embarrass you ma'am." :smallfrown:

Awww...poor Butler.

"Aahh...it's okay s-sir..." She purrs a little bit one last time as his hands leave her ears. "Could you um...c-could you maybe cover your nip bell pleeeease?"

"Hmmm... green."

She looks at Kris. "How come you've got cat ears and a tail?"

"...Because I was born with them?"

"Er...I'm a catfolk. We're all born with them actually...do you not have catfolk where you come from?"

horngeek
2010-10-07, 09:28 PM
"Well, there are some Lunar Exalted who look a bit like that.. but I don't think there are actual catfolk where I come from."

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 09:31 PM
Awww...poor Butler.

"Aahh...it's okay s-sir..." She purrs a little bit one last time as his hands leave her ears. "Could you um...c-could you maybe cover your nip bell pleeeease?"

"Of course ma'am."
How on earth is he going to do that?!
Well... he takes it off and puts it in his pocket. Hopefully that'll help.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-10-07, 09:33 PM
[Infirmary Bedroom]

"Heya!" The non-Catnipped Kris waves to the new friend! "Nice to meet you!"

Mara nods quietly. "It's nice to meet you, too."

Trobby
2010-10-07, 09:40 PM
"Well, there are some Lunar Exalted who look a bit like that.. but I don't think there are actual catfolk where I come from."

"Huh...I guess that makes some sense...what's an exalted though? You didn't actually tell me what those are."

"Of course ma'am."
How on earth is he going to do that?!
Well... he takes it off and puts it in his pocket. Hopefully that'll help.

It...does actually...though she's still a little goofy, she seems to be getting back to normal.

"Thanks..nhg...catnip does some strange things to catfolk...kinda makes us dopey you could say...s-sorry if I did anything to embarrass you..."

"Jamie tells me you fight evil with her. Is that true?"

This is assuming she's the right person. Which Kris wouldn't know.

FireFox
2010-10-07, 09:41 PM
Tony shakes off the deadtime and steps into the infirmary to get himself a cup of coffee.

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 09:43 PM
It...does actually...though she's still a little goofy, she seems to be getting back to normal.

"Thanks..nhg...catnip does some strange things to catfolk...kinda makes us dopey you could say...s-sorry if I did anything to embarrass you..."

"No ma'am. You didn't embarrass me at all ma'am."
Butler doesn't get embarrassed easily, unless he doesn't know something and knows he doesn't know it and knows that if he were smarter like all his friends, then he'd actually know it. But he doesn't know that very often.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 09:43 PM
"We're mortals who have been empowered by one of the Celestial Incarnae. I'm a Solar Exalted, empowered by the Unconquered Sun, with the ability to excel... although for me, only in the art of death.

Lunar Exalted are empowered by Luna with the ability to change their form."

Trobby
2010-10-07, 09:53 PM
"No ma'am. You didn't embarrass me at all ma'am."
Butler doesn't get embarrassed easily, unless he doesn't know something and knows he doesn't know it and knows that if he were smarter like all his friends, then he'd actually know it. But he doesn't know that very often.

If Kris ever knew he felt that way though, she'd have to give him a big hug so that he'd know she likes him just the way he is.

...Maybe he should tell her that sometime. I bet Butler likes big hugs. :smallredface:

"Good...Mrr..." Kris curls up a little, knees pulled to her shoulders. "I...it's not so bad just with the ear scratching...but...well, not ALL catfolk are sensitive to it...and I am. I'm VERY sensitive to it, and if any of the other catfolk found out, they'd probably tease me about it too."

"We're mortals who have been empowered by one of the Celestial Incarnae. I'm a Solar Exalted, empowered by the Unconquered Sun, with the ability to excel... although for me, only in the art of death.

Lunar Exalted are empowered by Luna with the ability to change their form."

"Ohh...I don't know anything about the Celestial Canines, but they sound like gods to me. I'm...kind of not big on gods myself..."

"But...I guess that's okay...and well...maybe your power isn't just 'death', but the ability to defend, y'know? I mean, I'm a fighter, but I always use my abilities to protect those who cannot protect themselves. Maybe that's your destiny."

horngeek
2010-10-07, 09:56 PM
Rose smiles. "...maybe."

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 09:56 PM
If Kris ever knew he felt that way though, she'd have to give him a big hug so that he'd know she likes him just the way he is.

...Maybe he should tell her that sometime. I bet Butler likes big hugs. :smallredface:

"Good...Mrr..." Kris curls up a little, knees pulled to her shoulders. "I...it's not so bad just with the ear scratching...but...well, not ALL catfolk are sensitive to it...and I am. I'm VERY sensitive to it, and if any of the other catfolk found out, they'd probably tease me about it too."

"Oh... well I like it ma'am. All Felinians are sensitive to it ma'am. I didn't know it'd be different for you ma'am. But I won't tell anyone ma'am."
Butler frowns and sits next to her, wondering why she was curling up so.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-10-07, 09:58 PM

Mara nods again. "That's correct," she says softly.

Trobby
2010-10-07, 10:01 PM
Rose smiles. "...maybe."

"Definitely...in fact, if you like I could teach you some of my techniques for non-lethal takedowns. Would you like that?"

"Oh... well I like it ma'am. All Felinians are sensitive to it ma'am. I didn't know it'd be different for you ma'am. But I won't tell anyone ma'am."
Butler frowns and sits next to her, wondering why she was curling up so.

"Mrr...thanks, Butler...Sir Butler." She smiles at him, and unfolds her legs a little. "I...I guess I'm a little more sensitive than most, and I kind of try to keep it a secret so nobody will try to embarrass me with the stuff."

"I...thank you. You're a really understanding guy."

"Oh good! She said that you could tell me a little more about how her powers work I think."

"So um...could you?"

horngeek
2010-10-07, 10:01 PM
Rose nods. "Yes, please."

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 10:04 PM
"Mrr...thanks, Butler...Sir Butler." She smiles at him, and unfolds her legs a little. "I...I guess I'm a little more sensitive than most, and I kind of try to keep it a secret so nobody will try to embarrass me with the stuff."

"I...thank you. You're a really understanding guy."

"Don't worry about it ma'am, though I don't think anyone would try to embarrass you on purpose ma'am."

"I am ma'am?" :smallconfused:
"I usually don't understand much ma'am. KR and Magtok and Wenomir and Decker and Marley are much smarter than I am ma'am."

Lord Iames Osari
2010-10-07, 10:06 PM
"Oh good! She said that you could tell me a little more about how her powers work I think."

"So um...could you?"

Mara nods. "What did she already tell you?"

Trobby
2010-10-07, 10:11 PM
Rose nods. "Yes, please."

"Heh...we can start tomorrow, K? I'll train you ever day so you can learn all the basic techniques."

"Don't worry about it ma'am, though I don't think anyone would try to embarrass you on purpose ma'am."

"I am ma'am?" :smallconfused:
"I usually don't understand much ma'am. KR and Magtok and Wenomir and Decker and Marley are much smarter than I am ma'am."

"Heh...thanks Butler...you're a really good friend."

"And...maybe all those people are smarter than you, but being smart and understanding things are completely unrelated. And I think you probably understand a lot of things that smart people never could."

"Uh..let's see, I think she said that she could create headaches and make wind, and that she had a number of powers she could use when transformed. Is that about right?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 10:14 PM
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]"Heh...thanks Butler...you're a really good friend."

"And...maybe all those people are smarter than you, but being smart and understanding things are completely unrelated. And I think you probably understand a lot of things that smart people never could."

"... Unrelated ma'am?" Bwuh, huh, what? :smallconfused:
"I'll just take your word for it ma'am."

horngeek
2010-10-07, 10:16 PM
She nods. "All right. But tomorrow."

Trobby
2010-10-07, 10:17 PM
"... Unrelated ma'am?" Bwuh, huh, what? :smallconfused:
"I'll just take your word for it ma'am."

Don't try to think too hard about Kris's logic.

But be warned that it is very easy to overthink it. :smalltongue: Even for Butler.

"Sure. You understood that I needed to be comforted by a friend right away, right? You didn't even have to think about it."

She nods. "All right. But tomorrow."

"Definitely tomorrow." Kris nods, though it would be a "sideways" nod because she's on her side.

"Hmm...I think you and I are gonna be good friends, Rose."

Lord Iames Osari
2010-10-07, 10:18 PM
"Uh..let's see, I think she said that she could create headaches and make wind, and that she had a number of powers she could use when transformed. Is that about right?"

"The headaches and wind are Jamie's alone. But yes, we do have other powers when transformed. For one thing, our transformed state serves as a minor disguise, although it doesn't seem very effective in this universe. We gain certain attack abilities, such as shooting beams, and combining our powers into a larger, more effective attack. And each of us can use a signature weapon, and is harmonized with a specific magical essence."

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 10:22 PM
[Near the Lake]

A bunch of people are suddenly teleported by Coralie into the thread.

Coralie herself faints from magic use overload as soon as they arrive. She's also covered with cat scratches and is godmoddable. Any healer will be able to tell that she's basically unharmed and just needs rest, and perhaps a bit of antiseptic.

FireFox
2010-10-07, 10:24 PM
Toby is standing there, looking completely shocked. What... Why did we leave...? We were... He was...

Reinholdt
Don't try to think too hard about Kris's logic.

But be warned that it is very easy to overthink it. :smalltongue: Even for Butler.

"Sure. You understood that I needed to be comforted by a friend right away, right? You didn't even have to think about it."

"But... how can I understand something I didn't think about ma'am?" :smallconfused:

[Near the lake]
Reinholdt comes out of a teleport, pink and clinging in a very poofy way to the back of Zamira's shirt as he floats there.
"-irOhNeirianOhE..."
He slowly opens one eye.
"Oh."
He carefully disentangles his claws from Zamira's shirt.

Unless Zamira didn't make it. In which case... awkward.

horngeek
Zamira heads to catch Coralie. "Sorry, Tobias. But we needed to retreat and regroup."

She looks at him. "We'll go pretty much straight back, but this time, we'll bring other allies, and we'll take him down."

FireFox
2010-10-07, 10:26 PM
The Druid looks at Zamira... and then explodes. We didn't need to retreat, you stupid b****! He angrily tries to punch her square in the jaw. Did I look like I was losing to you!? :mad:

horngeek
2010-10-07, 10:28 PM
Zamira takes it in the jaw, and goes flying.

...also, Coralie may get dropped, now. Nice one, Tobias.

The Bushranger
2010-10-07, 10:31 PM
[Infirmary Bedroom]

"So um...could you?"

"The headaches and wind are Jamie's alone. But yes, we do have other powers when transformed. For one thing, our transformed state serves as a minor disguise, although it doesn't seem very effective in this universe. We gain certain attack abilities, such as shooting beams, and combining our powers into a larger, more effective attack. And each of us can use a signature weapon, and is harmonized with a specific magical essence."

Jamie listens, smiling happily as her friends talk. "The headache thing I can't do when I transform," she adds.

--------

Quinn would talk to Tony, but she hears Toby's yell and darts outside...

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-07, 10:32 PM
Krystal hears the talkings in the infirmary, and gets a little curious. She turns the monitor off, gets up from the desk, stretches a little, and heads down the hall.

She finds the little group and leans against a wall near them, listening.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 10:34 PM
Zamira looks up, rubbing her jaw. "No, it looked like a stalemate."

It also wasn't her plan, but Zamira doesn't want either of the others to be punched.

FireFox
2010-10-07, 10:35 PM
I fought him for what, five minutes!? He snarls down at her, then turns around and starts running for a tree. I'm taking him out!

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 10:36 PM
[Near the lake]

"Except killing Ebon Mirror is secondary now, if he's any sort of player that I think he is."

Reinholdt goes over to check on Coralie, shifting painfully to human form in order to be able to pick her up should she need to be taken to the Infirmary.

"Whatever he's planning happens in mere hours. Shrike's missing. And there are giant zombies being built. Even if we did kill Ebon Mirror right then, it wouldn't have stopped zombies, immaculately known for carrying out orders to the letter, from doing what they're going to do. I failed though. I have no idea what he's planning. Only that it's happening very soon."

"... Good luck Tobias." Reinholdt glances at Zamira. "Let him go." No point in arguing now.

It's a shame Tobias doesn't mention the devices, cause that's key info.

Recaiden
2010-10-07, 10:37 PM
An unfortunately totem-animalled Lunar will be arriving, led or accompanied by its Solar (or a plot-clone thereof), up to GLoG. Riace looks around, though he of course wouldn't recognize Zamira.

((Clearly, clone- Mediani went to GLoG after she and Summer left, or came back to Summer afterwards.))

The Bushranger
2010-10-07, 10:38 PM
Krystal is more than welcome to listen in. Jamie would even invite her to join the talk, if she knew she was outside. :smalltongue:

Quinn emerges just in time to see Toby running for a tree.
She figures either he just got out of the car after a nine-hour drive, or he's running away again already.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 10:39 PM
Zamira nods. "Good luck. We'll try to stop whatever else is going on."

She means the good luck, bit.

----

Meidani sees the scene, and points to Zamira. "There. I think something's going on, though."

FireFox
2010-10-07, 10:42 PM
Toby stops to listen to Reinholdt, albeit very grudgingly. Thankfully, he hasn't had the chance to get into a full rage yet, and is able to vent his current anger. He does so by whirling around and punching the wall of a cabin. There's a faint crunch, and when Toby turns back to Reinholdt, the cat may recognize the hint of a masochistic smile on his face before a deep scowl replaces it. Okay, so what are they going to do? Blow out the power grid? He said we couldn't stop these devices he put around the city...

Recaiden
2010-10-07, 10:42 PM
"I see. When they are done speaking. I have no great hurry." He looks again at the painting-carrying roll at his side, and shakes his head to clear it.

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 10:44 PM
[Near the lake]

"Devices? Wait, what devices? There are devices?"
Reinholdt picks up Coralie and starts carrying her to the Infirmary. She'd be alright from what the posts say.

Trobby
2010-10-07, 10:44 PM

"I don't really understand the last part, but that all sounds pretty useful to me."

"But... how can I understand something I didn't think about ma'am?" :smallconfused:

"You just do. You just did, in fact."

Kris is grinning again. She feels a lot better now, and in fact...

*HUG FOR BUTLER*

"You might just be one of the wisest people I've ever met, Sir Butler."

And yes, she is totally serious about that.

Jamie listens, smiling happily as her friends talk. "The headache thing I can't do when I transform," she adds.

"So you couldn't do it right now then? Huh...I guess that's a LOT different than Ki, and also a lot different than Sue's magic."

No, Kris hasn't told them who Sue is yet, or what Ki is.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 10:47 PM
Meidani nods, and stands just outside the conversation. Zamira notices her, and gives a short nod, but apart from that, continues watching Tobias. "...Reinholdt, did you tell the people you contacted to gather anywhere in particular?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-07, 10:47 PM
Jamie de-transforms, since her player forgot she had transformed.
>_>
<_<
And sticks her tongue out.
"Now I can!" she says, nodding. "But I wouldn't. Who's Sue, anyway?"
Jamie, studying, knows a bit about the theory of Ki, at least.

---

Quinn stands on the doorstep of the Infirmary, looking concerned/worred/relieved, and looks at Reinholdt as he arrives. "What happened to her?" she asks, reaching to take Coralie.

FireFox
2010-10-07, 10:48 PM
Toby keeps pushing his broken fingers together, the pain helping him focus and clear his head. I don't really know, I was busy kicking his ass. Something about devices.

Recaiden
2010-10-07, 10:50 PM
Riace waits just beyond the conversation as well. "I thank you for all your help, Meidani."

Lord Iames Osari
2010-10-07, 10:50 PM
"It is useful," Mara nods.

Trobby
2010-10-07, 10:53 PM
Jamie de-transforms, since her player forgot she had transformed.
>_>
<_<
And sticks her tongue out.
"Now I can!" she says, nodding. "But I wouldn't. Who's Sue, anyway?"
Jamie, studying, knows a bit about the theory of Ki, at least.

"It is useful," Mara nods.

"Heh...please don't give me one, Jamie." She's joking, of course.

...As a monk, she would make her will save with ease. <.<;

"Ah! Sue's probably the best witch who ever existed. His magic channels itself through his familiar Asra, and it enables her to tap into incredible arcane powers."

And yes, she did say "he" and "witch" together.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 10:55 PM
Meidani looks at him. "It's all right. I'm not keen on leaving someone to Chimeraism."

The Bushranger
2010-10-07, 10:56 PM
[Infirmary Bedroom]

Jamie sticks her tongue out, then ponders...

"So...then...he's a boy named Sue?" she asks.

:smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-10-07, 10:58 PM
[Infirmary Bedroom]

Jamie sticks her tongue out, then ponders...

"So...then...he's a boy named Sue?" she asks.

"...I swear if you make fun of him for it that you and I will never, ever be friends again, Jamie."

:smalleek: Do not taunt Sue for his name. Kris is VERY protective of her best friend ever.

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 10:59 PM
"You just do. You just did, in fact."

Kris is grinning again. She feels a lot better now, and in fact...

*HUG FOR BUTLER*

"You might just be one of the wisest people I've ever met, Sir Butler."

And yes, she is totally serious about that.
Butler gives her hugs back! He thinks she's crazy, but she gets hugs back all the same!

Meidani nods, and stands just outside the conversation. Zamira notices her, and gives a short nod, but apart from that, continues watching Tobias. "...Reinholdt, did you tell the people you contacted to gather anywhere in particular?"
"Not really. I told them to move in on the area and start doing stuff. Not sure if anyone listened or not."

Quinn stands on the doorstep of the Infirmary, looking concerned/worred/relieved, and looks at Reinholdt as he arrives. "What happened to her?" she asks, reaching to take Coralie.
"Overuse of Goddess powers. Needs rest and something for those cuts." Suspiciously catlike those. Reinholdt hands her over.

Toby keeps pushing his broken fingers together, the pain helping him focus and clear his head. I don't really know, I was busy kicking his ass. Something about devices.
"I don't like it. Could be a trap. But we don't have anything else to go on, so that's what we need to work on. Whatever these devices are, they have to get shut down. There's a diviner in the city. Tobias, can you talk to him and see if he can't find the devices quickly? Zamira, you go help Anshu out at the Embassy. Quinn, if you can, Magtok. If anyone here has contacts with the Empire, state so now. We need to get them on it ASAP as they have the best chance of finding things quickly. I'll deal with Watchtower. Keep in touch." Reinholdt tosses out various phones. "Quinn, you use psychics to keep us connected if you can. This is our back-up. It's about time we properly co-ordinate the shutting down of one of these things."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-07, 10:59 PM
Krystal ponders the same thing.

Recaiden
2010-10-07, 11:01 PM
Despite her assurances, he wilts and looks away under such a gaze. "Of course."
Darn it Riace, I have enough depressed characters. Lighten up! :smalltongue:
((One more post tonight.))

horngeek
2010-10-07, 11:02 PM
Zamira nods, and looks at Meidani. "Meidani, can I ask you to come along with me?

Meidani nods. And looks at Riace. [COLOR="Blue"]"I'll tell her about you, okay? It's probably better for you to wait here or back at HALO for now, though."

Zamira, meanwhile, is heading... towards Cabin 6. Where she knocks. She caught the phone, by the way.

----

Rose starts at the knocking. "Who is that?"

Lord Iames Osari
2010-10-07, 11:03 PM
"...I swear if you make fun of him for it that you and I will never, ever be friends again, Jamie."

:smalleek: Do not taunt Sue for his name. Kris is VERY protective of her best friend ever.

"What's wrong with being named Sue?" Mara asks.

The Bushranger
2010-10-07, 11:04 PM
[Infirmary Bedroom]

Jamie eeps, and jumsp back a little, raising her hands.
"Oh, OK, sorry! It's just that there's that song and it was the first thing that came to mind. I'm sure he's a great guy, and I'd like to meet him if he's a friend of yours!"

---

[Infirmary]

Quinn nods, and carries Coralie to an infirmary bed, where she starts doing doctor-y stuff. :smalltongue:

FireFox
2010-10-07, 11:04 PM
Toby catches the phone, with his unshattered hand, and looks at it blankly. What diviner? Why don't you deal with that and let me go to Watch. I've already been in contact with them, and they don't like you much. Besides, I need to check if my Plan B for Shrike is done yet.

Recaiden
2010-10-07, 11:12 PM
"Yes. I will wait there for you. For her to be ready, rather." Riace takes off running away from GLoG, tripping and falling, and getting back up to run again, until he falls exhausted, deadtimed and lost somewhere in the forest.

Trobby
2010-10-07, 11:12 PM
Butler gives her hugs back! He thinks she's crazy, but she gets hugs back all the same!

She probably is. but she's also incredibly sweet.

"Heh...alright then Sir Butler, now that you've embarrassed me and nevertheless totally made my day, how about we do something together? I think there might be just enough sunlight left in the day to take a swim. What do you think?"

Zamira, meanwhile, is heading... towards Cabin 6. Where she knocks. She caught the phone, by the way.

----

Rose starts at the knocking. "Who is that?"

"Hmm? I dunno...let's go check."

Kris hops out of bed, heading for the front door to the Cabin, and opening it for whoever's on the other side.

"Hello?"

"What's wrong with being named Sue?" Mara asks.

[Infirmary Bedroom]

Jamie eeps, and jumsp back a little, raising her hands.
"Oh, OK, sorry! It's just that there's that song and it was the first thing that came to mind. I'm sure he's a great guy, and I'd like to meet him if he's a friend of yours!"

Kris's anger goes down immediately when it turns out there wasn't any teasing made at her friend.

...But...

"Song? What song?"

horngeek
2010-10-07, 11:14 PM
Rose looks out... then sees Zamira. "Zamira?"

Zamira nods. "We need to take out an Abyssal..."

Rose sighs. "All right. I'll come.

Sorry, Kris... I need to go."

The Bushranger
2010-10-07, 11:15 PM
[Infirmary Bedroom]

"...you've never heard Johnny Cash?" Jamie asks, surprised.

Of course, Mara probably hasn't either. :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-10-07, 11:16 PM
"What's going on, Rose? Is...there anything I can do to help?"

[Infirmary Bedroom]

"...you've never heard Johnny Cash?" Jamie asks, surprised.

Of course, Mara probably hasn't either. :smalltongue:

"...Right, and I'm sure you've heard of General Ruvyn of the First and Second Great Wars of Mattia." She replies, with a -w-; Face indicating frustraaaation. "You forget, I'm from a different world than you. I don't know who Johnny is or why he has so much cash."

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 11:17 PM
Toby catches the phone, with his unshattered hand, and looks at it blankly. What diviner? Why don't you deal with that and let me go to Watch. I've already been in contact with them, and they don't like you much. Besides, I need to check if my Plan B for Shrike is done yet.

"That's fine by me. No one here had contacts with the Empire? Well shoot. While you're at Watchtower, see if any of them have contacts with the Empire. I don't keep tabs on who does and doesn't. Feel free to ask Magtok too Quinn. He's the type to suck up to them."

"Right. Well I'm off back to the Diviner." Reinholdt's only heard of him, never actually met him. But he should be able to find him easily enough with the right couple of questions. Reinholdt turns to zoom off, flying as fast as he can.

She probably is. but she's also incredibly sweet.

"Heh...alright then Sir Butler, now that you've embarrassed me and nevertheless totally made my day, how about we do something together? I think there might be just enough sunlight left in the day to take a swim. What do you think?"
"That would be fine ma'am. I like swimming ma'am. We used to have a giant pool back at the old place ma'am." It was Dani's room.

horngeek
"...probably not. I'll be back, though. Okay?"

Rose smiles.

Lord Iames Osari
((What is Rose, anyway?))

"Who?" Mara asks.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 11:18 PM
{{Dawn Caste.}}

FireFox
2010-10-07, 11:21 PM
Toby pockets the phone and, flexing his broken hand, sets out for WATCHTOWER.

The Bushranger
2010-10-07, 11:22 PM
"...Right, and I'm sure you've heard of General Ruvyn of the First and Second Great Wars of Mattia." She replies, with a -w-; Face indicating frustraaaation. "You forget, I'm from a different world than you. I don't know who Johnny is or why he has so much cash."

((What is Rose, anyway?))

"Who?" Mara asks.

Jamie blushes, and giggles, and nods. "Um, good point. He's a musician. I guess he had lots of cash, but that's just his name. He made a song called 'Boy Named Sue', it's kinda famous on a coupla worlds, so that's what I thought of!"

Trobby
2010-10-07, 11:22 PM
"That would be fine ma'am. I like swimming ma'am. We used to have a giant pool back at the old place ma'am." It was Dani's room.

"Cool. Let's go over to the lake then and dive in!"

For reference, this Kris is ahead of time compared to the Kris who is present to receive the knock at the door with Rose, so by the time they'd get there, everyone should be gone from the lake.

...Yes it's confusing.

"...probably not. I'll be back, though. Okay?"

Rose smiles.

"...Okay...Take care out there, alright?"

Kris squeezes her friend's hand, hoping she'll be alright.

Jamie blushes, and giggles, and nods. "Um, good point. He's a musician. I guess he had lots of cash, but that's just his name. He made a song called 'Boy Named Sue', it's kinda famous on a coupla worlds, so that's what I thought of!"

"Ooohh...well okay, but as long as HE isn't making fun of Sue, then It's okay...HE'S NOT, RIGHT?!"

horngeek
2010-10-07, 11:23 PM
Rose nods. "I will.

...I'm leaving that sword behind. Take care of it for me, will you?"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-07, 11:24 PM

Krystal walks into the room now. If it makes you feel better, I know of Johnny Cash. Not that song, but I know of him.

Trobby
2010-10-07, 11:27 PM
Rose nods. "I will.

...I'm leaving that sword behind. Take care of it for me, will you?"

"I will...take care out there, Rose."

She lets go of her hand, a little sad, and hoping with her whole heart that she'll be okay.

Krystal walks into the room now. If it makes you feel better, I know of Johnny Cash. Not that song, but I know of him.

Kris turns around on her heels at he new approach.

"Oh, um...hi there."

Reinholdt
"Cool. Let's go over to the lake then and dive in!"

For reference, this Kris is ahead of time compared to the Kris who is present to receive the knock at the door with Rose, so by the time they'd get there, everyone should be gone from the lake.

...Yes it's confusing.

My recommendation is to not try and RP with everyone at once, no matter how awesome everyone is and merge a few together. :smalltongue:

"That's fine by me ma'am."
Butler heads over and puts his catnip bell down next to the ladder by the giant slide so he knows where it is and it doesn't fall out of his pocket.

The Bushranger
[Infirmary-Bedroom]

"No, not at all!" Jamie says, shaking her head emphatically.
Then jumping a bit in surprise as Krystal walks in, and grins. "You do? Really? Wow, that's neat! Oh, this is Krystal, she works with my mom. Krystal, meet Maralah and Kris!"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-07, 11:29 PM
Krystal waves. Hi, nice to meet you. Her eyes are pure white, and her hair kinds of resembles fiber optic strands.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 11:29 PM
Zamira, Rose and Meidani head to the Celestial Embassy!

Trobby
2010-10-07, 11:32 PM
My recommendation is to not try and RP with everyone at once, no matter how awesome everyone is and merge a few together. :smalltongue:

"That's fine by me ma'am."
Butler heads over and puts his catnip bell down next to the ladder by the giant slide so he knows where it is and it doesn't fall out of his pocket.

((Well I am about to push one forward in time to when she saw Butler in the Tavern. That'd be the one at the cabin. By then we'll be down to just two.))

Zamira, Rose and Meidani head to the Celestial Embassy!

((In fact, we'll do that right now!))

*FWOOSH!*

((There, one less Kris. :smalltongue: ))

Kris follows after him, very carefully avoiding the catnip ball, and following him over to the lake.

"Are you particularly good at swimming, Sir Butler?"

[Infirmary-Bedroom]

"No, not at all!" Jamie says, shaking her head emphatically.
Then jumping a bit in surprise as Krystal walks in, and grins. "You do? Really? Wow, that's neat! Oh, this is Krystal, she works with my mom. Krystal, meet Maralah and Kris!"

"Heya, Krystal. Nice to meet you."

The 4' 6" tall catgirl curls her tail and waves as she greets the newcomer. She likes the girl's unique eyes and hair, but doesn't immediately comment on them.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-10-07, 11:33 PM
"Hello, Krystal."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-07, 11:37 PM
So, let's see if I got this right... She turns to Maralah. You and Jamie have similar powers. Kind of like an alter ego sort of thing going. She turns to Kris. And...I'm guessing you have some cat-like abilities?

The Bushranger
2010-10-07, 11:38 PM
Jamie grins happily. "So! Whatcha been up to besides listening to us?" she asks Krystal with a grin.

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 11:38 PM
((There, one less Kris. :smalltongue: ))

Kris follows after him, very carefully avoiding the catnip ball, and following him over to the lake.

"Are you particularly good at swimming, Sir Butler?"

YOU KILLED HER! :frown:

"I wouldn't say particularly good ma'am. But I'm alright ma'am. About normal ma'am." Average. Regular. Can do some strokes and some paddling and some floating, but certainly won't beat anyone in a race.

Trobby
2010-10-07, 11:44 PM
So, let's see if I got this right... She turns to Maralah. You and Jamie have similar powers. Kind of like an alter ego sort of thing going. She turns to Kris. And...I'm guessing you have some cat-like abilities?

"...Ssssoome. I won't deny that..." I mean, even if the Mr. Muffin was uncooperative, she's technically able to speak with cats as if they knew how to talk back. "But most of my power has nothing to do with that. I'm trained in martial arts, and in channeling Ki.

YOU KILLED HER! :frown:

"I wouldn't say particularly good ma'am. But I'm alright ma'am. About normal ma'am." Average. Regular. Can do some strokes and some paddling and some floating, but certainly won't beat anyone in a race.

((Noooo. She's fine. In fact, she hung out in the cabin for awhile, got a key from somewhere, locked it up, and went to the Tavern to check up on Butler.

In a parallel universe that runs about half an hour behind our own, she's still alive and doing things much more slowly than we do!))

"Heh...I'm not that good either." She explained, starting to take her shirt off as they walked. "But I can beat at least two out of my three brothers in a swimming race, so I'm not bad either. Besides, swimming is about fun, not sport."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-07, 11:50 PM
Krystal answers Jamie first. Not a whole lot. Just working.

She turns to Kris. Martial arts? How long have you been training?

Reinholdt
2010-10-07, 11:51 PM
((Noooo. She's fine. In fact, she hung out in the cabin for awhile, got a key from somewhere, locked it up, and went to the Tavern to check up on Butler.

In a parallel universe that runs about half an hour behind our own, she's still alive and doing things much more slowly than we do!))

"Heh...I'm not that good either." She explained, starting to take her shirt off as they walked. "But I can beat at least two out of my three brothers in a swimming race, so I'm not bad either. Besides, swimming is about fun, not sport."

She's deeeeeeeeeeeaaaaddddd!!
*wails*

"... I thought swimming was a sport ma'am?" :smallconfused:

Butler starts climbing up the steps to the giant slide.

Trobby
2010-10-07, 11:57 PM

"Technically I studied for only a few years, but I've been practicing ever since I was like, ten years old!"

Which sounds impressive, until you realize that it only means she's been practicing for five years. :smalltongue:

She's deeeeeeeeeeeaaaaddddd!!
*wails*

"... I thought swimming was a sport ma'am?" :smallconfused:

Butler starts climbing up the steps to the giant slide.

((No she is noooot. ;w;
"I'm really not. I'm fine."))

Does the slide go down into the lake when it dips off?

Because if it does, Kris will follow him up.

"Well it is, but we don't have to make a sport out of it. We're just enjoying ourselves."

Lord Iames Osari
2010-10-07, 11:59 PM

Mara sits quietly.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-08, 12:00 AM
Huh. You'll have to show me some time.

She turns to Mara. You have any hobbies or anything?

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 12:02 AM
((No she is noooot. ;w;
"I'm really not. I'm fine."))

Does the slide go down into the lake when it dips off?

Because if it does, Kris will follow him up.

"Well it is, but we don't have to make a sport out of it. We're just enjoying ourselves."

Oh Kris. You weren't the shortest lived character ever, but you came close. :smallfrown:

"But we can't make something a sport that's already a sport ma'am! It just is ma'am!" Butler would flail, but this isn't optimum flailing time.

I have no idea where the slide ends. Obviously it changes depending on who's using it. It's a magic slide.

Butler goes down and lands with a big sploosh!

Lord Iames Osari
2010-10-08, 12:03 AM

Mara pauses thoughtfully. "I like to read," she says finally.

The Bushranger
2010-10-08, 12:04 AM
"Reading's good! You can learn a lot that way. Like - um, interesting things about history!"

...nice catch and save, Jamie. :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-10-08, 12:06 AM

Kris nods, and listens in, wanting to hear what Mara has to say.

And she did!

"Reading IS totally good. What sort of things do you read?"

Oh Kris. You weren't the shortest lived character ever, but you came close. :smallfrown:

"But we can't make something a sport that's already a sport ma'am! It just is ma'am!" Butler would flail, but this isn't optimum flailing time.

I have no idea where the slide ends. Obviously it changes depending on who's using it. It's a magic slide.

Butler goes down and lands with a big sploosh!

(("But I'm not-wait, I'm second-place? Aww man...wait, can I go back and die sooner so that I can come in first?"))

Yay for magic slides! Also, yay for fur! Because that's all that Kris has! convenient censoring at work though, but Kris does not have a bathing suit *Yet*, so yeah.

Probably won't bother Butler...or it might. :o Which is why I am mentioning it. I'm a responsible narrator!

((Aren't you the narrator who ran off to get coffee when Tobias came into the Tavern one too many times?))

...You know I could just leave this to you. -_-; I've got other things...

((Fine fine...resume.)

Right. Anyway, Kris follows down with a biiig sploosh of her own!

"Hah...that was aaawesome!"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-08, 12:07 AM
Krystal nods a little. What kind of books?

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 12:14 AM
Right. Anyway, Kris follows down with a biiig sploosh of her own!

"Hah...that was aaawesome!"

I can assure you, Butler is not modest. He pulled the curtain in front of people watching. Crazy times. But they were all in jail together. It was bound to happen.

Butler's just wearing his shorts for his swimsuit.
"Yeah, the slide is very slippery ma'am." :smallbiggrin:
He's never managed to climb back up it!

Trobby
2010-10-08, 12:18 AM
I can assure you, Butler is not modest. He pulled the curtain in front of people watching. Crazy times. But they were all in jail together. It was bound to happen.

Butler's just wearing his shorts for his swimsuit.
"Yeah, the slide is very slippery ma'am." :smallbiggrin:
He's never managed to climb back up it!

Iiintereesting...why was Butler in jail? :smalleek:

Well, that's neither here nor now . Kris swims around a little, going a bit closer to Butler.

"Heh...I've never been on a slide. Well, not one like that anyway. Only one I've ever even seen was a mud slide. That was WAY better."

The Bushranger
2010-10-08, 12:20 AM
[Infirmary Bedroom]

"I like history the most. That and botany, Jamie says with a smile.

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 12:24 AM
Iiintereesting...why was Butler in jail? :smalleek:

Well, that's neither here nor now . Kris swims around a little, going a bit closer to Butler.

"Heh...I've never been on a slide. Well, not one like that anyway. Only one I've ever even seen was a mud slide. That was WAY better."

Wouldn't you like to know?
Gee... I wonder what news-like thread might contain pretty much every exploit of all of Reinholdt's characters gathered together over long periods of toil and labor?
Hmm... I can't think of ANYTHING. :smalltongue:

"A mud slide ma'am? How do you make a slide out of mud ma'am?" :smallconfused:

Butler floats around, keeping gently adrift.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-08, 12:28 AM
Botany? You garden?

The Bushranger
2010-10-08, 12:31 AM
"Not really. But it's my magic - I can control plants and stuff," Jamie explains. "Among other things."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-08, 12:33 AM
Really? You know, I've heard of a couple people back home who could do that, too. I didn't know them, but I heard about them.

And deadtime.

Trobby
2010-10-08, 12:36 AM
Wouldn't you like to know?
Gee... I wonder what news-like thread might contain pretty much every exploit of all of Reinholdt's characters gathered together over long periods of toil and labor?
Hmm... I can't think of ANYTHING. :smalltongue:

"A mud slide ma'am? How do you make a slide out of mud ma'am?" :smallconfused:

Butler floats around, keeping gently adrift.

Bah, I'll get around to reading it. ;p Whatever this mysterious thing is. I'm trying to cram as much Nexus in as possible before I have to go away for the weekend.

Keep your non-existent pants on, Reiny. :smalltongue:

Also, against all odds, Butler is actually imagining exactly what Kris meant to say.

"Well you gotta get water first, then you find a nice steep hill and sorta dig it out to make a slide shape. Then, when you pour the water down, you get a nice slippery slide made of mud!"

Kris is sorta treading water, since she's juuuust short enough so her feet don't touch the surface.

"Not really. But it's my magic - I can control plants and stuff," Jamie explains. "Among other things."

"I'm not a huge reader myself, but I occasionally read things if they're not too long."

Kris turns to Mara.

"What about you? You're the one who said she likes reading."

The Bushranger
2010-10-08, 12:36 AM
"Really? That's cool!" Jamie nods. "I can do other stuff too, like controlling water, but I'm not as good at it..."

((and, BR needs to head off. 'Night.))

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 12:39 AM
Bah, I'll get around to reading it. ;p Whatever this mysterious thing is. I'm trying to cram as much Nexus in as possible before I have to go away for the weekend.

Keep your non-existent pants on, Reiny. :smalltongue:

Also, against all odds, Butler is actually imagining exactly what Kris meant to say.

"Well you gotta get water first, then you find a nice steep hill and sorta dig it out to make a slide shape. Then, when you pour the water down, you get a nice slippery slide made of mud!"

Kris is sorta treading water, since she's juuuust short enough so her feet don't touch the surface.
Shorts. :smallannoyed:
Where you going?

"Oh... That'll work ma'am. But then you have to get wet all over again to wash it all off, don't you ma'am?"

((deadtime))

Trobby
2010-10-08, 12:41 AM
Shorts. :smallannoyed:
Where you going?

"Oh... That'll work ma'am. But then you have to get wet all over again to wash it all off, don't you ma'am?"

((deadtime))

What shorts? <.<
Wedding for my cousin.

"Yes, but you'd be surprised how much fun it can be. Me and my brothers used to do it all the time."

((Well, looks like I should get getting sleep too. *DT*))

Morty
2010-10-08, 05:07 AM
Excellent! He says. Come on, I think the wife just brewed a fresh barrel. He says, walking towards the wide hole in the middle of camp. Upon closer inspection it appears to be a ramp leading deep into the earth. It's wide and tall enough for a wagon to get down.

Reelshka follows, somewhat curiously. She wants to see how the tunnels compare to the ones Krugzim and his miners dig.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-08, 09:05 AM
Emily had mumbled at the use of the word ma'am, eye twitching silence, and she lapsed into silence. She followed the two cats throughout their incessant Cuteness, and was on the bank of the lake, staring at them.

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 09:06 AM
What shorts? <.<
Wedding for my cousin.

"Yes, but you'd be surprised how much fun it can be. Me and my brothers used to do it all the time."

((Well, looks like I should get getting sleep too. *DT*))

"I think I'll take regular water slides ma'am." Butler is a butler! And while he's not the cleanest butler around (come on, his wife is Decker the dirty socks eater), he still prefers stuff to be clean. Mud is like his polar opposite.

Though I'm sure you'd get him laughing it up once he was there.

He doesn't mention Kris' brothers! Butler had his own siblings before.

Emily had mumbled at the use of the word ma'am, eye twitching silence, and she lapsed into silence. She followed the two cats throughout their incessant Cuteness, and was on the bank of the lake, staring at them.

"Why don't you come in and join us ma'am?" :smallsmile:

Recaiden
2010-10-08, 09:29 AM
Riace has crept back to GLoG and is skipping rocks over the lake.

Trobby
2010-10-08, 09:34 AM
"I think I'll take regular water slides ma'am." Butler is a butler! And while he's not the cleanest butler around (come on, his wife is Decker the dirty socks eater), he still prefers stuff to be clean. Mud is like his polar opposite.

Though I'm sure you'd get him laughing it up once he was there.

He doesn't mention Kris' brothers! Butler had his own siblings before.

"Why don't you come in and join us ma'am?" :smallsmile:

"Eh?" Kris turns in the water and realizes that Emily is there...

In fact she was probably there for the whole catnip incident, and Kris was just waaaay too out of it to notice.

...Gawd that's embarrassing.

Trying to hide most of her head in the water, she opts out of calling out to the girl at the moment, instead hoping beyond all hope that deadtime kept her from actually SEEING that incident.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-08, 10:15 AM
"I don't have any swimming clothes." she said, despite the fact that she could easily get some.
She then grinned very brightly at Kris, making it very clear with her sparkling eyes that she had seen... everything.

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 10:20 AM
Riace has crept back to GLoG and is skipping rocks over the lake.

Hey watch it! There are people swimming in there! :smalleek:

"That's no problem ma'am. I didn't bring any swimming clothes either ma'am."

Trobby
2010-10-08, 10:21 AM
Well, it's not like Kris had swimming clothes ei-

Oh...THAT everything...

Kris sinks a little further into the water, despite this seeming to be impossible.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-08, 10:25 AM
"I hoped you'd say that." she said with a wide smile, before diving into the lake.
Her clothes melted away about a few moments before hitting the water,

Trobby
2010-10-08, 10:29 AM
Kris paddles away from the new swimmer to avoid an entanglement, feeling a little better now that they're all swimming together.

...Though she does have to make sure...

"You're not going to tell anyone about the er...catnip incident, are you?"

Lord Iames Osari
2010-10-08, 10:36 AM
Krystal nods a little. What kind of books?

Kris turns to Mara.

"What about you? You're the one who said she likes reading."

"I like books on magical theory. And stories with happy endings," Mara answers.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-08, 10:36 AM
She giggled.
"No, not unless I have good reason."

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 10:43 AM
"I hoped you'd say that." she said with a wide smile, before diving into the lake.
Her clothes melted away about a few moments before hitting the water,

Err... Butler is wearing shorts though. :smalleek:

As for Butler, he treads water and tries to comprehend the idea of melting clothes.
He fails miserably. It just doesn't fit.
So he's a little twitchy as his head hurts.

Trobby
2010-10-08, 10:45 AM
"I like books on magical theory. And stories with happy endings," Mara answers.

"Ooh...like when the courageous catgirl and her friend finally defeat the evil Paladin who has been evading responsibility for his actions, and all the people of New Mattia agree to live in harmony together?"

...To be fair, that IS a happy ending, but probably not one any of them have ever heard about.

She giggled.
"No, not unless I have good reason."

"You'd better not find one then." She glared at her...but in spite of herself giggled, and proceeded to splash at her because hey, when in water...

Oh, but she does notice Butler having problems...

"What's wrong, Sir Butler?"

It's also worth noting that Butler is currently the one with most clothes here. An event not likely to repeat itself in the near future.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-08, 10:51 AM
She giggled, and splashed back, with a spray of water that caught both of the felines.

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 10:52 AM
A mermaid swims up next to Emily, keeping her head underwater, and shakes her finger scoldingly. Her voice can be heard easily though.

"My son lives in this lake! And the walkers have children on land! Show some decorum!" :smallannoyed:

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1010/d08/1045/229c218.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/40056744)

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 10:55 AM
Should catch you mean.

[Lake]

Butler shakes his head, promptly forgetting the incident. "Fine ma-blpthh!" Water splashes!
Butler grins and splashes back.
If only he still had super strength. But then he might drain the whole lake.

Oh no. Seems like a bad idea.
"We didn't bring any decorations for you ma'am. Sorry ma'am." Butler feels the need to apologize, despite not being responsible. Because he didn't bring the mermaid any decorations. Or rather because she's scolding.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-08, 11:01 AM
"Hm?" she said. "Oh, sorry..." she said, grinning widely.
She released a burst of blue and white mana, and the water around her clouded, until no-one could see through it.

Recaiden
2010-10-08, 11:03 AM
Hey watch it! There are people swimming in there! :smalleek:

[Lake]

That's okay. The rocks aren't going far enough to hit anyone. Barely skipping at all, really. He's never skipped rocks before, you see, and isn't very good at it. Plus he's throwing them too hard.

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 11:05 AM
[The Lake]

"Don't let it happen again. Tell the walkers who run this place that I won't allow skinny dipping!" Merlina says, addressing all three of them with the latter comment.

Poor Butler... >.<

Trobby
2010-10-08, 11:07 AM
"...I guess there's a rule against swimming without stuff on in this world? Weird..."

None of her brothers ever bothered her about that. But then again, they don't have proper swimwear anyway in her world.

"Er...so what IS proper swim wear anyway? Like, the shorts that Butler's got on?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 11:09 AM
[Lake]

That's okay. The rocks aren't going far enough to hit anyone. Barely skipping at all, really. He's never skipped rocks before, you see, and isn't very good at it. Plus he's throwing them too hard.
You could kill the mermaids though!

[The Lake]

"Don't let it happen again. Tell the walkers who run this place that I won't allow skinny dipping!" Merlina says, addressing all three of them with the latter comment.

Poor Butler... >.<
If by poor Butler you mean, he has no idea what Merlina means by skinny dipping, you'd probably be right. Otherwise, he's pretty laid back.

"We don't have anybody with walkers that I know of ma'am." That's old people stuff! "And we certainly don't dip skins in anything ma'am." :smalleek:

He doesn't even know her name yet!

Lord Iames Osari
2010-10-08, 11:14 AM
"Ooh...like when the courageous catgirl and her friend finally defeat the evil Paladin who has been evading responsibility for his actions, and all the people of New Mattia agree to live in harmony together?"

...To be fair, that IS a happy ending, but probably not one any of them have ever heard about.

"I've never read that one, but it does sound good." Mara smiles a little.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-08, 11:15 AM
"I'll make sure to make sure nobody can see anything." said Emily.

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-08, 11:16 AM
"Like what?" The human asks, tilting his head, but soon dissolves back into the hatchling shape. "How come you smell like Daddy?"

"Um... He donated some blood to me, I think? Saved my life."
Hopefully they're not anywhere near the lake. Poor Jazirian's eyes would melt right out of his skull at the sight of nekkie peoples.

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 11:16 AM
[Lake]

"Something that covers your primary and secondary sexual organs, whatever your species," Merlina says. She apparently considered Kris's fur as good enough for that purpose. Then turns to Butler. "Who is in charge on land?"

"Um... He donated some blood to me, I think? Saved my life."
Hopefully they're not anywhere near the lake. Poor Jazirian's eyes would melt right out of his skull at the sight of nekkie peoples.

Comedy demands that they now be right by the lake. "Oooh, that means you can be my new daddy!" :smallbiggrin:

Trobby
2010-10-08, 11:20 AM
"I've never read that one, but it does sound good." Mara smiles a little.

"Oh, well I don't think they wrote about it yet, but I'm sure they'll get to it eventually."

"What sort of legends HAVE you read about?"

"I'll make sure to make sure nobody can see anything." said Emily.

[Lake]

"Something that covers your primary and secondary sexual organs, whatever your species," Merlina says. She apparently considered Kris's fur as good enough for that purpose. Then turns to Butler. "Who is in charge on land?"

Actually, it probably isn't quite enough for some censors to accept. We will have to get her a proper swim suit at some point.

"I'll um...I guess I'll get something from a clothing store then...only I haven't got a lot of money to spend anymore."

Most of it was probably spent on um...actually, what HAS she spent money on lately?

"Oh! And I think that Miss Quinn said she was acting president here in GLoG."

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-08, 11:23 AM
But Emily's already got her obscuring cloud thingy covering her! It doesn't work anymore!
"Wait, WHAT!? I- bwah- no! I'm not going to be anyone's daddy!"
Parenting is for losers!

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 11:24 AM
[Lake]

Butler... doesn't get to answer the question! As Kris eagerly jumps in and makes him unuseful. How rude.
Butler pouts and nods to confirm Kris' statement.

"I'm Butler B. Butler ma'am. What's your name ma'am?" Butler asks the mermaid.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-10-08, 11:30 AM
"Oh, well I don't think they wrote about it yet, but I'm sure they'll get to it eventually."

"What sort of legends HAVE you read about?"

"Solar Queen Merela's defeat of a Primordial in single combat, the Scarlet Empress saving Creation from the First Balorian Crusade, and..." she smiles again, "My parents and their friends stopping the second one. And lots of other totally made-up ones."

Lix Lorn
2010-10-08, 11:33 AM
"I'll make sure to use this cloud then." she smirked.

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 11:35 AM
[Shore]

Dag makes the dragon equivalent of puppy eyes and does the dragon equivalent of having his lip wobble. "But... you'll teach me stuff, right?"

[Lake]

"I am Merlina," the mermaid says.

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 11:37 AM
D'awww... how can you say no to that puppy-dragon face?

[Lake]

"A pleasure to meet you ma'am." :smallsmile:

"You're a mermaid, aren't you ma'am? I didn't know anyone lived in this lake ma'am. We're sorry for intruding ma'am. Next time we'll be sure to ask before coming in ma'am." He wasn't intending to break into someone's home! I'm surprised he knows what a mermaid is though. Guess he watched the Little Mermaid.

Trobby
2010-10-08, 12:00 PM
[Lake]

Butler... doesn't get to answer the question! As Kris eagerly jumps in and makes him unuseful. How rude.
Butler pouts and nods to confirm Kris' statement.

"I'm Butler B. Butler ma'am. What's your name ma'am?" Butler asks the mermaid.

((Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Clearly Kris has a massive crush on Butler. -w-

OW!

"I DO NOT!"

;w; Sorry Kris.))

"Solar Queen Merela's defeat of a Primordial in single combat, the Scarlet Empress saving Creation from the First Balorian Crusade, and..." she smiles again, "My parents and their friends stopping the second one. And lots of other totally made-up ones."

"Heh...those sound like incredible stories. You have to share some of them with me sometime."

"I'll make sure to use this cloud then." she smirked.

[Lake]

"I am Merlina," the mermaid says.

[Lake]

"A pleasure to meet you ma'am." :smallsmile:

"You're a mermaid, aren't you ma'am? I didn't know anyone lived in this lake ma'am. We're sorry for intruding ma'am. Next time we'll be sure to ask before coming in ma'am." He wasn't intending to break into someone's home! I'm surprised he knows what a mermaid is though. Guess he watched the Little Mermaid.

"Heh...yeah, I guess we didn't really know this was your realm...sorry ma'am."

Ack! Now she has the "Ma'am!" going! She's becoming a female Butler!

Wait...is there already a Female Butler? :smallconfused:

Lix Lorn
2010-10-08, 12:02 PM
"I'm new here." said Emily, by way of explanation.

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 12:07 PM
[Lake]

"I don't mind people swimming in the lake, just not naked," Merlina says. And then she dives down into the murky depths.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-08, 12:11 PM
Emily rolled her eyes, making sure the water underneath her was cloudy as well.

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 12:12 PM
[Lake]

I don't think there's a female Butler. There was Irene for a bit that technically spun off the idea of a female Butler, but very much isn't.

"Bye ma'am." :smallsmile:
Butler calls to the leaving mermaid.

Trobby
2010-10-08, 12:30 PM
[Lake]

"I don't mind people swimming in the lake, just not naked," Merlina says. And then she dives down into the murky depths.

Emily rolled her eyes, making sure the water underneath her was cloudy as well.

[Lake]

I don't think there's a female Butler. There was Irene for a bit that technically spun off the idea of a female Butler, but very much isn't.

"Bye ma'am." :smallsmile:
Butler calls to the leaving mermaid.

((Kris was not intended to be a female Butler either...

And she definitely isn't. You wouldn't catch her cleaning up after anyone! :smalltongue:))

"Huh...well I guess as long as she's wiling to share it's fine." Though Kris's furrowed brow (cute!) suggests that she doesn't really think it's that fine at all.

"Butler Sir, what sort of place would I go to to find swimming clothes?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 12:48 PM
[Lake]

"Well we used to have this closet ma'am. But now I suggest you just go shopping Inside ma'am. They've got lots of shops there ma'am."

Trobby
2010-10-08, 01:03 PM
"Oh! That might work! I....oh..."

Kris frowns. :smallfrown:

"Except...I don't think I have any money that they'd take. Just Mikerian dollars and a little gold."

<.<; Yes, I know I was calling it Matteria before. I was incorrect. D: STOP BADGERING ME. ;-;

Beans
2010-10-08, 01:07 PM
A pale greyish figure (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9508225&postcount=217) is coming up the path toward GLoG.
Not walking. Sort of... hovering. Just above the ground, but still hovering.

It gets closer and one can see that this is a silver-haired young woman in a grey zippered cloak of some odd fabric. She will wave cheerfully to the first person she sees. And the second and the third.

The Bushranger
2010-10-08, 01:10 PM
[Infirmary Bedroom]

Jamie, having totally listened in to the conversation between Kris and Mara, is smiling happily. "I like stories with happy endings too. Although I don't like stories where somebody has to kill a dragon." She frowns a bit. "Some dragons are nice!"

And she could totally go shopping with Kris! :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 01:10 PM
[Swimming in the Lake]

"Oh! That might work! I....oh..."

Kris frowns. :smallfrown:

"Except...I don't think I have any money that they'd take. Just Mikerian dollars and a little gold."

<.<; Yes, I know I was calling it Matteria before. I was incorrect. D: STOP BADGERING ME. ;-;

"I'm pretty sure they accept all types of money ma'am. And I know for a fact they accept gold ma'am." ACRO must have nightmarish currency exchange rates.

Trobby
2010-10-08, 01:25 PM
[Infirmary Bedroom]

Jamie, having totally listened in to the conversation between Kris and Mara, is smiling happily. "I like stories with happy endings too. Although I don't like stories where somebody has to kill a dragon." She frowns a bit. "Some dragons are nice!"

And she could totally go shopping with Kris! :smalltongue:

Unfortunately, this Kris is furthest in the past, so she doesn't know that she needs to go shopping yet. :smalltongue:

But she seems to smile at Jamie's sentiment.

"I agree with that, Jamie. In fact, sometimes dragons are really god princesses who have the power to control your mind but are really just very sweet girls who have been a bit sheltered. Not creepy in any way at all."

...Kris, that is a very specific example. :smalleek:

[Swimming in the Lake]

"I'm pretty sure they accept all types of money ma'am. And I know for a fact they accept gold ma'am." ACRO must have nightmarish currency exchange rates.

I wonder if they accept electrum?

"Do you think you could take me to a shop when we're done swimming, Sir Butler?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 01:28 PM
[Lake]

"Certainly ma'am. We can go whenever you're ready ma'am." Butler says before swimming some more in laps and getting more wet and smexy.

Beans
2010-10-08, 01:30 PM
The cloaked girl continues toward GLoG, ready to wave at people.
She likes waving at people!

The Bushranger
2010-10-08, 01:32 PM
Unfortunately, this Kris is furthest in the past, so she doesn't know that she needs to go shopping yet. :smalltongue:

But she seems to smile at Jamie's sentiment.

"I agree with that, Jamie. In fact, sometimes dragons are really god princesses who have the power to control your mind but are really just very sweet girls who have been a bit sheltered. Not creepy in any way at all."

...Kris, that is a very specific example. :smalleek:

"...that's a very specific example," Jamie says, looking at Kris wide-eyed.

-----

Quinn would emerge to be waved at, but BR is running outa time. :smallfrown:
He'll be back in a couple hours or so though.

Trobby
2010-10-08, 01:44 PM
[Lake]

"Certainly ma'am. We can go whenever you're ready ma'am." Butler says before swimming some more in laps and getting more wet and smexy.

...Eeep.

Kris may be a very sweet catgirl, and she might've ignored it for awhile, but she cannot deny that Butler is indeed a smexy cat.

...She can try though. And she will try, damnit!

"Eheh...alright, I think I'm ready to go." She says, pulling herself out of the water and shaking her fur off. "I think there's some towels in our cabin, so we can head there to dry off."

Of course, being polite to ALL the characters involved, she also turns to Emily and smiles, offering her a hand out of the water.

"You coming too, Em?"

"...that's a very specific example," Jamie says, looking at Kris wide-eyed.

"It is entirely possible that it happened." Kris grinned, winking at Jamie. "If you ever need someone who knows the basics of Draconian, well, you know who to ask."

Davidson, because he's an expert at foreign languages and Kris is just fluent in one. :smallannoyed:

Snares
2010-10-08, 02:03 PM
Thierry is out wandering, constantly looking over his shoulder for any saber-tooth tigers that might jump out at him out of nowhere, when he sees the woman in the grey cloak waving at him.

He raises a hand, a little awkwardly, and says "Hello?"

Beans
2010-10-08, 02:05 PM
Hi there!
This is GLoG, right?
She smiles.

Snares
2010-10-08, 02:11 PM
"Yes." Thierry is a slightly tall man with grey hair and a slightly shabby pinstripe suit. He should probably go out and get a new suit soon. This one's seen multiple tiger pouncings and the various strains of the Nexus so far.

"Are you new here too?" he asks. "And are you hovering?" :smallconfused:

Beans
2010-10-08, 02:14 PM
Yes and also yes. So that's yes twice.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-08, 02:18 PM
Emily smiled, taking Kris' hand and emerging from the water. Clothes seemed to appear on her at the exact instant she left the water, giving absolutely no-one a Nice view.

However, she had forgotten to dry off first.
"Aww, my clothes are all wet!"

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 02:21 PM
Butler crawls out of the lake and will sun dry along the way whenever they're ready to go. He brushes his hair down at least.

Snares
2010-10-08, 02:22 PM
"How'd you do that?" :smallconfused:

"And if you're here to join, then someone in the infirmary will give you a form thing." He points in the direction of the infirmary.

Beans
2010-10-08, 02:25 PM
... I just sorta hover.

Infirmary? Thanks!
And toward the infirmary she goes!

Trobby
2010-10-08, 03:30 PM
Emily smiled, taking Kris' hand and emerging from the water. Clothes seemed to appear on her at the exact instant she left the water, giving absolutely no-one a Nice view.

However, she had forgotten to dry off first.
"Aww, my clothes are all wet!"

Butler crawls out of the lake and will sun dry along the way whenever they're ready to go. He brushes his hair down at least.

Kris will have to sun-dry too, and put her clothes back on in the manual way.

"Alright then, let's break on through to the INSIDE! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170625&page=7)"

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 03:39 PM
Kris will have to sun-dry too, and put her clothes back on in the manual way.

"Alright then, let's break on through to the INSIDE! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170625&page=7)"

What's stopping her from getting a towel and drying off that way? :smallconfused:
*shrugs*
Butler follows.

Beans
2010-10-08, 03:41 PM
The odd girl hovers right up to the infirmary, ready to wave at more people.

The Bushranger
2010-10-08, 03:41 PM
[Infirmary, Bedroom]

"It is entirely possible that it happened." Kris grinned, winking at Jamie. "If you ever need someone who knows the basics of Draconian, well, you know who to ask."

Davidson, because he's an expert at foreign languages and Kris is just fluent in one. :smallannoyed:

Jamie giggles. "Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! So, um, what else do you like to do?"

---

[Infirmary, Main Room]

Quinn is busy checking on Coralie.

Trobby
2010-10-08, 03:47 PM
What's stopping her from getting a towel and drying off that way? :smallconfused:
*shrugs*
Butler follows.

Her player is TOO IMPATIENT! D:

Well..maybe she did that first then. <.<; *cough*

[Infirmary, Bedroom]

Jamie giggles. "Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! So, um, what else do you like to do?"

"Tell stories, talk to my friends, exercise in every way possible, I LOOOVE to run!"

"What about the rest of you? Are you all athletic?"

Beans
2010-10-08, 03:55 PM
The girl knocks on the 'firm'ry door and I dropped some parts of that word.

In

a
Oh, there they are.

Anyway, she knocks.

Recaiden
2010-10-08, 03:56 PM
Riace walks up to the infirmary, cat ears hidden again, and stops by the floating girl in the doorway. "Hello." He remembers to wave then.

Beans
2010-10-08, 03:59 PM
Riace walks up to the infirmary, cat ears hidden again, and stops by the floating girl in the doorway. "Hello." He remembers to wave then.

Hi there! I'm Vata and I'm new. What's your name?

The Bushranger
2010-10-08, 04:01 PM
[Infirmary, bedroom]

"Well, I do run a bit. I don't exercise too much, though," Jamie admits. Thankfully her magical abilities burn off those cookies fairly well. *nods*

[Infirmary, not bedroom]

Did she knock three times? :smalleek:
Quinn, anyway, steps over to open the door. Unless she'd be interrupting. In which case, she doesnt (but the F.W.M.U. starts its picket line again :smalltongue:).

Recaiden
2010-10-08, 04:11 PM
"I'm Riace. How do you manage such graceful floating over the ground?"

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 04:11 PM
[Infirmary]

Coralie sits up and rubs her eyes.

Beans
2010-10-08, 04:13 PM
"I'm Riace. How do you manage such graceful floating over the ground?"

Oh, this? It's just 'cause my basic element is Air.
I guess the door opens?
Oh, hiya there!

The Bushranger
2010-10-08, 04:14 PM
They get a smile from the brunette paladin.
"Hello, welcome to the Good League of Good."
And Quinn, just as the door opens, has to hurry over to check on Coralie. :smalltongue:
"Come in, come in both of you...how are you feeling dear?"

Trobby
2010-10-08, 04:16 PM
[Infirmary, bedroom]

"Well, I do run a bit. I don't exercise too much, though," Jamie admits. Thankfully her magical abilities burn off those cookies fairly well. *nods*

That IS a good thing for her! ;p

Kris will wait for the others to get a chance to reply.

Recaiden
2010-10-08, 04:19 PM
"Hello, and thank you for your hospitality." He steps inside the infirmary, and looks around, studying the primitive medical supplies.

Beans
2010-10-08, 04:20 PM
Vata floats inside, looking around with interest at the stuff. Yes, the sssssssstuff.

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 04:22 PM
[Infirmary]

"Where's Reinholdt?" the little girl asks.

The Bushranger
2010-10-08, 04:29 PM
[Infirmary]

"It's a pleasure to meet both of you. I'm Quinn Druid, but please, just call me Quinn," says Dr. Quinn, Medicne Woman, as she turns her attention back to Coralie, checking her over for any injuries. "He's right here, I think...?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 04:32 PM

"Not really. I told them to move in on the area and start doing stuff. Not sure if anyone listened or not."

"Overuse of Goddess powers. Needs rest and something for those cuts." Suspiciously catlike those. Reinholdt hands her over.

"I don't like it. Could be a trap. But we don't have anything else to go on, so that's what we need to work on. Whatever these devices are, they have to get shut down. There's a diviner in the city. Tobias, can you talk to him and see if he can't find the devices quickly? Zamira, you go help Anshu out at the Embassy. Quinn, if you can, Magtok. If anyone here has contacts with the Empire, state so now. We need to get them on it ASAP as they have the best chance of finding things quickly. I'll deal with Watchtower. Keep in touch." Reinholdt tosses out various phones. "Quinn, you use psychics to keep us connected if you can. This is our back-up. It's about time we properly co-ordinate the shutting down of one of these things."

Did Quinn miss the part where Reinholdt came to the infirmary, handed Coralie over and then directly talked to her?