PDA

View Full Version : Report not acted on, am I allowed to ask why?

Asthix
2010-10-07, 07:48 AM
Hi. I reported my 1st post the other day. I considered them to be advocating criminal activity, as well as soliciting funds in the same post. (also breaking the three post rule repeatedly) I was offended by these things and only reported it after checking the specific wording of the rules so as not to seem like I was flaming just because we were on opposite sides of an argument. However, no action was taken against the person I reported.

So this thread has two questions.

1: Am I entitled to an explanation if I PM a mod and ask why my concerns were not considered against the rules?

2: I'm sure the three post rule has been clarified to death, but is it only for silly message board games?

I certainly don't want to bother Alarra or Zeb with all those I find, so I just don't report 3 post violations there because, well, they're silly.

In regards to this issue, the person I reported must have subscribed to the thread, because there was a string of posts over a page long where one or two people would say something, then the person in question would post a wall of text in the anti position.

IMO they veered toward "Your argument is useless so why are you making it?" several times and the amount of posts by them (coupled with the walls of text) created an oppressive environment that killed the thread.

I'm trying to be objective though and want to know if excessive posting is something I should bring to a mods attention. Thanks in advance -Ast.

Dogmantra
2010-10-07, 07:50 AM
I can't answer question 1, but I can tell you now that the three post rule is only for SMBG.

Roland St. Jude
2010-10-07, 07:57 AM
Sheriff:
1. No. But you're welcome to ask a mod for that section via PM. Whether and how they respond is a matter of their discretion.
2. Yes.