PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Minor Creation

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-10-07, 03:36 PM
So I’m looking at psionic minor creation for my Shaper, and I’m looking for good uses to make of it. Unfortunately, the best thread I’ve found on this board discussing that quickly degenerated into all sorts of advanced chemistry and physics applications, which, dear Heironeous, I want to avoid.

So, with that one caveat: Anyone have any ideas to contribute?

The Glyphstone
2010-10-07, 03:45 PM
-Make absurd amounts of Black Lotus Extract and dump it all over people.
-???
-(Don't) Profit!

tyckspoon
2010-10-07, 03:47 PM
Poisons are the traditional power-play; there's a number of them that are basically plant extracts or oils. Grab Craft (Alchemy) or Profession (Herbalism) or similar if you think your DM will rule them to be 'complex objects' or question your ability to know about them.

Fax Celestis
2010-10-07, 03:53 PM
Poisons. Play a jungle halfling (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/environmentalRacialVariants.htm#jungleHalflings) or poisondusk lizardfolk for easy Poison Use, then create vegetable-based toxins (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#tablePoisons), such as any of the following:
{table=head]Nitharit | Contact DC 13 | 0 | 3d6 Con | 650 gp
Sassone leaf residue | Contact DC 16 | 2d12 hp | 1d6 Con | 300 gp
Malyss root paste | Contact DC 16 | 1 Dex | 2d4 Dex | 500 gp
Terinav root | Contact DC 16 | 1d6 Dex | 2d6 Dex | 750 gp
Black lotus extract | Contact DC 20 | 3d6 Con | 3d6 Con | 4,500 gp
Striped toadstool | Ingested DC 11 | 1 Wis | 2d6 Wis + 1d4 Int | 180 gp
Id moss | Ingested DC 14 | 1d4 Int | 2d6 Int | 125 gp
Bloodroot | Injury DC 12 | 0 | 1d4 Con + 1d3 Wis | 100 gp
Blue whinnis | Injury DC 14 | 1 Con | Unconsciousness | 120 gp[/table]
...as well as many other plant-based toxins that are found in CAdv, CScn, and Dungeonscape, as well as any you and your DM are willing to look up.

EDIT: Also stuff like darkwood/bronzewood/ironwood quarterstaves and clubs.

Hague
2010-10-07, 05:08 PM
Use it to corner the market on Soarwood and drive the Aerenal elves out of the airship woodmonger game.

Yes, that's right, I said "woodmonger"

Gnorman
2010-10-07, 05:36 PM
Burning pitch.

Zaq
2010-10-07, 08:32 PM
If you have an easygoing GM, a few ranks in the right Knowledge skill can help out. Case in point... I had a mechanism that needed some good greasing, and I had a Minor Creation ready to do the job. Now, I have no idea what kind of plant matter is good at lubing things up, but I turned to my GM and said "I don't know what would be appropriate here, but with a [rollrollroll] 32 K:Nature check, I'm pretty sure my character knows some kind of appropriate plant-based oil. I make something slippery."

Depending on your GM, your mileage may vary.

Snake-Aes
2010-10-07, 08:56 PM
If you have an easygoing GM, a few ranks in the right Knowledge skill can help out. Case in point... I had a mechanism that needed some good greasing, and I had a Minor Creation ready to do the job. Now, I have no idea what kind of plant matter is good at lubing things up, but I turned to my GM and said "I don't know what would be appropriate here, but with a [rollrollroll] 32 K:Nature check, I'm pretty sure my character knows some kind of appropriate plant-based oil. I make something slippery."

Depending on your GM, your mileage may vary.
While this is all kind of awesome, I have experienced a fair number of people that refuse to acknowledge that making the character know about something the player doesn't is "all sorts of wrong".

KaganMonk
2010-10-07, 09:01 PM
Then there's probably a lot more people playing high Int or high Wis characters than really should be.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-10-07, 09:03 PM
While this is all kind of awesome, I have experienced a fair number of people that refuse to acknowledge that making the character know about something the player doesn't is "all sorts of wrong".
So, then what’s the point of the Knowledge skill?

Do these people expect the players to know how to swing a sword or turn a ball of bat guano into a 20-ft. radius fireball, too?

Snake-Aes
2010-10-07, 09:18 PM
So, then what’s the point of the Knowledge skill?

Do these people expect the players to know how to swing a sword or turn a ball of bat guano into a 20-ft. radius fireball, too?

That's why I consider it a problem. It's a double standard.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-10-08, 02:33 PM
Say, while we’re at it: are there any Prestige Classes that help a shaper focused on the creation and fabricate lines?

Wings of Peace
2010-10-08, 02:44 PM
Say, while we’re at it: are there any Prestige Classes that help a shaper focused on the creation and fabricate lines?

The Constructor (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625b) is the closest thing that comes to my mind but it's focus is centered mostly around modifying the Astral Construct power.

shadow_archmagi
2010-10-08, 02:51 PM
Poisons
Coal
Oil

Wait

Coal is crushed up dead plants
Diamonds are crushed up coal

:D (no seriously this is almost certainly awful science and metagaming and your DM will cover your bed with vinegar-soaked caltrops if you do this)

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-10-12, 02:09 PM
Just did the math. At ML 2, I can get 1152 ft. of 1-inch thick hemp rope. That could prove useful, I think. :smalltongue: