PDA

View Full Version : (PF) The Half-Drow Noble

The Bushranger
2010-10-08, 12:30 PM
I'm trying to whip up a Half-Drow Noble character for a high-powered Pathfinder game, and I'm pondering creating a homebrew race instead of just converting the Drow Legacy feat from Drow of the Underdark...

Thoughts on this? I kinda mashed together the Half-elf and a gimped version of the full-blooded Drow Noble stats:

Half-Drow Noble Racial Traits

+2 to Dexterity; +2 to Charisma or Wisdom: Half-drow are nimble and have strong personalities, with their human blood strengthening them as opposed to pure-blooded Drow.

Medium: Half-drow are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Normal Speed: Half-drow have a base speed of 30 feet.

Low-Light Vision: Half-drow can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.

Drow Blood: Half-drow count as both drow and humans for any effect related to race.

Drow Immunities: Half-drow get a +2 racial bonus to saves against sleep effects and enchantment spells.

Keen Senses: Half-drow receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.

Light Sensitivity: Half-drow are dazzled as long as they remain in an area of bright light.

Spell-Like Abilities: A half-drow can cast Dancing Lights, Deeper Darkness, Feather Fall, Levitate and Faerie Fire each once per day, and has Detect Magic as an at-will spell-like ability, using her total character level as his caster level.

Languages: Half-drow begin play speaking Common and Undercommon. Half-drow with high Intelligence can choose bonus languages from the following: Abyssal, Aklo, Aquan, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Elven, Gnome, or Goblin.

It loses the Skill Focus and Multitalented that the half-elf gets, and changes the Drow Noble's spell-like abilities - those that were "at-will" become once per day, "constant" becomes at-will, and the "once per day" SLAs get dropped completely. In addition, the Drow Noble's skill bonuses get chopped (by half for Dex, only one of the full-blooded's Cha or Wis bonuses; the Con penalty get dropped due to the human blood...)

Thoughts/PEACH?

Avyctes
2010-10-08, 01:38 PM
Hmm.. Seems pretty balanced to me, but I haven't played a Pathfinder game yet.

The only question I have is do drow nobles exist in that setting? I only know of that drow variant (or whatever you want to call a few extra spell-like abilities) from Forgotten Realms.

The Bushranger
2010-10-08, 03:04 PM
Thanks. :smallsmile:

And, indeed they do exist in PF - there's a canon Drow Commoner and Drow Noble, and a homebrewed Drow Warrior in the Pathfinder SRD (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary).