PDA

View Full Version : Jello

dargo83
2010-10-08, 04:09 PM
What do you get when you take a party of five, all 3rd level, and add a DC13 reflex save and a gelatinous cube? You get the epic fail of the century and a lot of dead people (well, four out of five).

Last night my friends and I were playing a Pathfinder module named Crown of the Kobold King. It's a 2nd level dungeon but I started them at 3rd to make it a little easier since there are several CRs 4, 5, and 6 plus a few of my own touches. I read the mod before we played it and took note of all of the encounters above CR4. When I read the one with the cube in room 4 I didn't think about it because it was a CR3, but when three out of the five members of the party failed a DC13 Reflex save against its Engulf attack I almost cried from laughing so hard (mind you one of them rolled a natural 1).

After being engulfed they all failed the DC20 Fort save and were paralysed for 8 rounds. The cleric, thinking on her feet, used her wand of restoration but didn't know that she would get engulfed as well and was paralysed for 6 rounds. The only one safe was the monk who with my good grace took 20 and killed it (I didn't feel like them rolling up new characters). The monk had 1 hp left and the others were down to -9.

If anyone wants to comment on this I'll read them next week. Thanks.

Nanoblack
2010-10-08, 04:24 PM
That paragraph is so jumbled and devoid of punctuation as to make it unreadable. Was there anything in particular that you would like help with?

Starbuck_II
2010-10-08, 04:37 PM
What do u get when u take a party of 5 all third level add a dc13 reflex save and a jello cube?
You get the epic fail of the century: and a lot of dead people (well 4 out of 5)

Last night me and my friends were playing a pathfinder module named crown of the kobolt king (a 2nd level dungen). I started them at 3rd to make it a little more easer for them b'cause there are several cr4, 5, and 6s and I added a few of my own touches. I read the mod before we played it and took note of all of the encounters above 4. When I read the one with the cube in room 4 I didnt think about it b'cause it was a cr3. But when 3 out of the 5 members of the party failed a dc 13 relex save, I almost cried from laughing so hard mind you one of them rolled a natural 1.
The save was for its engulf attack then they all failed the dc 20 fort save they where paralized for 8 rounds. Then the claric thinking on her feet used her wand of restoration, but didnt know that she would get engulfed as well and was paralized for 6 rounds. The only one safe was the monk who with my good grace took 20 and killed it (I didnt feel like them rolling up new charcters), they all where down to -9 and the monk had 1 hp left. I would like to have any one coment on this i am going to read the replies to them next week.
thanks

Okay I cleaned up your grammical errors. So others can understand your post. Too many "u" and "i"'s.

But that was a bad situation (lol). Glad they survived. So explain me why they all had to roll a Reflex? Oh I see: they were all engulfed... wait why did they all walk into it?

Prime32
2010-10-08, 04:38 PM
That paragraph is so jumbled and devoid of punctuation as to make it unreadable. Was there anything in particular that you would like help with?I think what he wanted to say was:

What do you get when you take a party of five, all 3rd level, and add a DC13 reflex save and a gelatinous cube? You get the epic fail of the century and a lot of dead people (well, four out of five).

Last night my friends and I were playing a Pathfinder module named Crown of the Kobold King. It's a 2nd level dungeon but I started them at 3rd to make it a little easier since there are several CRs 4, 5, and 6 plus a few of my own touches. I read the mod before we played it and took note of all of the encounters above CR4. When I read the one with the cube in room 4 I didn't think about it because it was a CR3, but when three out of the five members of the party failed a DC13 Reflex save against its Engulf attack I almost cried from laughing so hard (mind you one of them rolled a natural 1).

After being engulfed they all failed the DC20 Fort save and were paralysed for 8 rounds. The cleric, thinking on her feet, used her wand of restoration but didn't know that she would get engulfed as well and was paralysed for 6 rounds. The only one safe was the monk who with my good grace took 20 and killed it (I didn't feel like them rolling up new characters). The monk had 1 hp left and the others were down to -9.

If anyone wants to comment on this I'll read them next week. Thanks.

Zeofar
2010-10-08, 04:40 PM
The guy said that he ran the "Crown of the Kobold King" module and every character but one got taken out by a (Gelatinous Cube?). The monk, who survived, only just defeated the cube, which was mostly thanks to the DM fudging the rolls. I don't know what he wants us to say, but I assume this was meant to just be a funny story that was supposed to go into the Roleplaying Forum so we could laugh at it.

averagejoe
2010-10-08, 09:50 PM
The Mod They Call Me: Moved to roleplaying games.