PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Trobby
2010-10-08, 06:34 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/Other/Den.png

A thin plank of wood hangs beneath the old grey sign:

Under New Management

This old warehouse by the docks and on the edge of the city slums has numerous secret passageways and tunnels leading to it. When you walk in, either from the street or below, you see a freshly cleaned interior that actually looks somewhat welcoming, however, as a seedy hive of smugglers, pirates, and home of the local wererat assassin guild; this is a rough place to have a drink.

The back half of the building has been converted into a set of rooms, used by those who need a bit of privacy, whether to have a private card game, hold a secret meeting, or just to get away from the world while enjoying a dose of some of the more exotic items the Den serves. We don't care what you do here, just don't leave a mess. Just keep in mind, the walls are a little thin back there, and can be listened through (or busted through), so be careful.

The gambling scene is lively here, with craps, three-dragon ante, and darts, among other things. There are certainly not knife-fights held in the ring in the basement. Come early for a ringside seat. Gambling is permitted. Anyone caught betting against themselves will be killed, or worse. So don't do it.

The servers are all NPC goblins. They are: Blackeye, Hooktooth, and Daggernose.
The cook is a goblin woman named Sicklewort.
The NPC bouncer is Gnarl, the orc.

The menu is as follows:

Drinks

Common Drinks
All the common drinks are available in an extremely wide range of qualities, brands, and prices. Just remember- you pay for what you get.

Absinthe
Ale
Beer
Brandy
Coffee
Hard Cider
Kumis (Fermented milk)
Mead
Rum
Tea
Tequila
Vodka
Whiskey
Wine

Specialty Drinks
The specialty drinks are either crafted here or ordered specially from other sources. Normally they are higher class and more palatable, but that is not always the case...
Black Shadow-
A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Damned Soul Nectar-
Yummy. Damned souls. Perfect for demons, devils, or anyone else lacking a conscience.
Devil Brew-
It tastes good, though drinking it will gradually corrupt your soul to evil.
Drow Spiderblood Wine-
A specialty drow wine with a strong bite, and a hint of spider venom. Alcohol isn't the only thing you have to worry about when drinking it... but it does taste good.
Firewine-
This wine is created in a way that literally leaves the top simmering and flaming. Only recommended to those who have a good fire resistance. However, it is extremely warm and has a fairly sweet taste.
Frenzywater-
You want to know what it is like to see red? Frenzywater will having you raging like a barbarian.
Goblin Thudrud Beer-
A favorite of goblins... but described by others as smelling like a rotten, flaming cow.
Hearth Brew Mead
This is a sweet mead with raspberries, rhubarb and some kind of ingredient that makes you feel warm when you drink it.
Ichor Liquor-
A mixture of blood and alcohol made especially for our vampiric friends. It can be served neat, on the rocks, or specially heated to 98.6 F.
Liquid Agony-
A drink brewed and distilled from the agony of victims, and quite sweet and tasty, but very addictive.
Mindflayer Mead-
A special brew for those squid-headed fellows. Also appropriate for Zombies, or anyoen else who likes the taste of brains.
Mushroom Wine
An Underdark drink fermented from mushrooms. It has a good deal of sugar added to it and tastes sweet, but may cause hallucinations...
Orc Kragg Liquor-
Strong. Disgusting. Manly.
Poisonbite Cocktail-
This brew is mixed of several poisons and rum. It induces extreme euphoria, and will drain the drinker's strength and mental capacities for a day or so.
Rat Mead-
This foul concoction is meant more for drinking games, and less for taste. You'll need a strong stomach to keep it down.

Aesa's Mixes
These are only available when Aesa is in, and beware if you order them... everytime it changes, and it is always dangerous.
Crazy Cocktail-
Whatever Aesa feels like putting in. Not normally fatal.
Death by Aesa-
Almost exactly like what it sounds. It has enough poisons, diseases, and energies to kill anyone with immunities to them.
Ingredients:

Essence of Disintegrate-
A clear liquid that has no taste. It gives you a pleasant tingling sensation that means your mouth, throat, and vital organs are being dissolved. Please clean up after yourself.
False Valhalla-
A drink that uses a combination of frenzywater, titan's blood (poison similar to frenzywater), happy juice, and the Wonder Trip additive. Causes insane, joyful rages that normally end in mass destruction.

Other

Food
Like the drinks, the food ranges in quality and price... the menu is currently under improvement.
Bread-
Crusty, burnt, soggy, or rotten. It's not your choice. A better bakery is "under construction" in the back. Thanks to a newly built brick oven, the bread is actually quite good now, baked fresh daily.
Dragon Steak-
This tender, extremely tasty steak is excellently prepared, but its source is undisclosed...
Fish of the Day-
The catch of the day, or yesterday... be sure to specify "fresh."
Puffer fish liver-
Tetrodotoxin, anyone? Extreme poison is ahead.
Soup-
Most common soups are available, but pay for what you want, or you'll get something else. Served in a bread bowl.

Mushrooms
Our mushrooms are well acclaimed for their taste and subtle poisons. If you have enemies, make sure they you didn't get something other than what you asked for...
Amanita-
A hallucinogenic mushroom that is fairly toxic. May cause nausea, sensory distortions, mood changes, and loss of equilibrium. Retrograde amnesia frequently results following recovery. Serious poisonings cause delirium, seizures, or comas.
Chanterelle-
An edible but unremarkable mushroom. Available pickled or dried.
Lorchel-
Also known as false morels (due to similarity in appearance), eating these raw results in extreme liver failure or death. Properly prepared, however, they are quite delicious. Available both raw and parboiled (properly prepared).
Morchella-
Also known as morels, these very prized and tasty mushrooms are available raw.
Omphalotus-
This mushroom looks the same as the Chanterelle. It is extremely appealing in smell and appearance, but has a mild toxicity that will lead to vomiting and cramps.
Oyster-
Unlike other mushrooms, this one has no confusing look alikes, and is prized for that quality alone. Served raw or stuffed.
Porcini-
Also known as Boletus ("superior"), the porcini is highly regarded and is served raw or sautéed with butter.
Portabello-
While edible, this is either described as plain or only slightly sweet. Available raw or stuffed.
Psilocybin-
This mushroom is famed for its hallucinogenic effects, while lacking dangerous toxins. Available raw and dried.
Shiitake-
These mushrooms are normally added to ordered soups. Available dried or raw.

Drink Additives
Buy them for your drink, or for someone else's drink... everything goes here.
Doze Pill-
A combination of magical energies and herbs guaranteed to put the drinker to sleep in a few minutes.
Hanger's Drop-
Ask for this in someone's drink to put them six feet under. Commonly means poison, though other methods can be bought depending on the target.
Happy Juice-
As seen in Malleo's shop. Turns the hair pink, and makes the drinker extremely happy.
Wonder Trip-
A mixture of magic and poison that causes extreme hallucinations and delirium which are not directly harmful or toxic.

Other Additives are available, you just have to ask.

Other Drugs
If it doesn't get you drunk, and it isn't a mushroom... we still sell it.
Arhtorvin
A gray powder made by different magic plants, Arthorvin is extremely calming. It is ingested, and numbs emotions and reactions.
Baccaran
A paste made of numerous, undisclosed substances, this is a mild hallucinogen that becomes more powerful as it is used in repetition and increased dosage.
Dreammist
This drug is formed into a tea, and then the vapors are inhaled. It causes incredibly beautiful and wonderful hallucinations that make the world seem dull in comparison. Overdose is extremely debilitating, as is directly drinking the substance.
Devilweed
A tobacco-like substance that is moderately addictive and makes the smoker skittish and more easily confused. Users enjoy it because it glazes over the memories of whatever happens during its effective.
Luhix
A powder made from plants grown in the abyss. It is sprinkled on self inflicted wounds- initially it causes intense pain, then numbs the body entirely. It is one of the most addictive substances known amongst the planes, but overdosing even a little may cause terrible, painful death.
Mertoran Leaf
This leaf is dried and treated. It is not very addictive, but it is cheap, popular, and boosts confidence. Ingested, not smoked.
Redflower Leaves
These leaves are only moderately addictive, but are known to give a boost to hand-eye coordination, making them popular among those who often engage in knife tossing or dart throwing. They are consumed raw and chewed.
Sannish
This blue liquid is made out of unknown ingredients and causes euphoria. It has a tendency to stain flesh and anything else it touches. Overdosing causes intense numbness.

This is by no means the limit of what we can get our hands on, just ask and we'll see what we can do.

Games
As a new addition to the Black Dragon's Den, there is a back room where all kinds of gaming take place. Goblins generally oversee the games and make sure things are fair... but everyone here can be bribed. Best to keep an eye on things yourself.

Card Games
-Coming Soon-

Dice Games
We provide all of the dice used here... unless you slip them out of our sleeve. "Better" dice can be bought with a quiet word and a few coin, though we don't provide protection from those who find out that you've used them.

Coin Pass
This is a simple dice game played with a pair of six sided dice, and is generally best with four or more players.
Each player puts out two coins (generally one type of coin is chosen, copper, silver, gold, or platinum) and then, in turn, each player rolls the dice.
If a player rolls a one, they take one of their coins and place it in the pot.
If a player rolls a six, they take one of their coins and pass it to the person on the left. This continues until only one player has coins, at which time they take the pot.
If a player has no coins left, they have one round to wait for someone to pass them a coin (by roll of a six), after which they can buy their way back in. You can only buy your way back into a game once.

Serpent's Eyes
This game is played with a pair of six sided dice, and a game board in the shape of the world serpent.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/Other/Serpenteye.png
Before the game begins, the number of rounds to play are determined, though the game may end ahead of time, or when one player runs out of coins/chips. Generally people play with a large number of rounds (double digits).
A round is completed once every player has rolled the dice once.
The dice start with the player closest to the seven on the board.
When a player rolls the dice, he does one of three things.
If he rolls any number 3-11, he places a coin on the corresponding number on the board, or, if the number is already filled with coins, they take the coins off of that number.
If he rolls a 2, he places a coin on every number on the board.
If he rolls a 12, he takes all coins from the board.

Warship
This game is played with five dice for each player. The person who rolls first is normally determined randomly.
The goal of the game is to create the best 'ship', where a 'ship' is a straight formed either forwards (1,2,3) or backwards (3,2,1). To create a straight, you roll the dice, and choose anywhere from 0-3 numbers from them. Your first chosen die is your starting number (IE, a number on either end of a straight), the second die chosen has to be the middle number of your straight, and the third die chosen is the last of your straight.
You have three rolls of the dice to form a straight. Whenever you choose one of these die, you remove it from the dice you roll to get the next number.
The game progresses like this:
1) Each player places an amount of money agreed on when the game starts.
2) Each player rolls the dice once, chooses any dice from their roll that they want, then either adds in the money first agreed on again, or passes from the game, but leaves any money they first bet in the pot (Note that everyone can see what die you have chosen, if you have chosen a die already).
3) Repeat the second step once more, then every player rolls the dice once more, and the person with the ship with the highest straight wins. If someone creates a ship one the first or second roll, they still bet, but do not have to roll until the last round (which is only done in case of ties).

If no one has a straight, the winner is based on the person with the highest number set aside (with only players with dice set aside competing). If there is a tie in highest numbers, they go to the second die set aside (with only players with two dice competing). If there is a tie between set aside die, they proceed with the same process into the dice they last rolled (excluding those set aside)

If two people have the same straight, they compare the numbers rolled on their last turn (not including the ones placed into their "ship"). The person with the highest numbers wins.

The winner takes all money in the pot. Generally, more than one game is played at once.

Other Games
These may be more or less 'games' as such... but are just as entertaining.

Darts
Bet on how well someone will throw, whether they can do it with their eyes closed... with their left hand... or if they can dodge a knife- it's all good. There are a few different dart boards, so any number of rings and scoring areas can be played with.

Knife Fights
We hold knife fights here every once in a while, down in the basement. To surrender or death. Place your bets, folks.
-No current list of PC fighters. Contact management to arrage something 'formal.'

Previous Threads

The Black Dragon's Den (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165827)

ApeofLight
2010-10-08, 06:38 PM
" Xabaresh Chaeron is the full name but most surface dwellers seem to have a hard time saying it so, Xar'Cha is easier to say. " Teb gives the waiter some gold to pay for the drinks and the future drinks. Tebtranlyn slowly sips his wine.

Tebtranlyn then looks at Magtok. " I did not through it. And if I did you would probably be dead by now. That or unconscious. "

Repost from previous thread.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-08, 06:44 PM
Anyu accepts the more expensive wine. It really is good.

"But you haven't told me much about it, have you?" she says to Teb.

She looks at Maggy. "So they pay well, huh? Color me interested."

ApeofLight
2010-10-08, 06:48 PM
Tebtranlyn shrugs. " There isn't much more to say. I'm an agent that has been sent here to the surface for various tasks. We could just use some help. The pay is good and we will contact you when we have need of your skills. Though that doesn't mean you can't contact us for... " Teb just lets it hand there and waves his hand to show he means whatever she wants to contact them about.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-08, 06:50 PM
"Well, you can contact me anytime. Doesn't mean I'll respond, though."

She turns to Maggy. "And you?"

ApeofLight
2010-10-08, 06:53 PM
Teb shrugs. " Ah well, your lose if you don't answer then. " Teb says and sips his wine again. The waiter then comes around again with another glass of wine for Anshu.

Lord Magtok
2010-10-08, 07:11 PM
Magtok rolls his eyes at the mention of a knife killing him. Like one little clone would make a difference.

We're dedicated to generally taking what's rightfully ours and declaring stuff to be rightfully ours before taking it and my head feels weird. Our base is built into a valcano, and not some smelly, moist, mushroom-filled cave. I just got back from kidnapping a little while ago, we're thinking of ransoming him back to his employers after shaving AMEN's name onto the back of his head and we won a war against France once...I think. Feeling kinda woozy...bartender, get the lady an even fancier drink than the last, please.

Magtok wobbles a bit closer to the edge of the table.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-08, 07:21 PM
"Awww, man. I wish I could help you out with that stuff. Sadly, I'm a lot better at making things bleed than making them stop bleeding." She reaches into her pocket and pulls out a vial, then picks up a few drops of the blood. After that, she pours in some of the drink. "I'll have use for this later. Well, then." She drinks the rest. "Ah, this is really good stuff. Shall we go?"

Lord Magtok
2010-10-08, 07:47 PM
Magtok takes a step forward, falling right off the table. Instead of landing on his face though, he ends up standing horizontally, hovering in mid-air with his nose perpendicular to the floor, before he grabs a chair and pulls himself back up.

Sure. Let's just hurry this up, though. I'm going to die soon, and I'd rather leave my body somewhere away from the general public so another me can pick it back up and dispose of it properly and keep all the fancy gadgets away from any smelly scavengers. Oh right, forgot to mention that, there are other Magtoks.

The cyborg floats towards the door, with a hand over the bleeding side of his mouth. All of this talking is just making his wound even worse.

VampireRot
2010-10-08, 07:49 PM
Cyborg has cloning technology.

Merrak makes a mental note. He's compiling everything he learns in a report to send back to his drow superiors. Detailing the various organizations and the members of note.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-08, 07:49 PM
"Very well, then. Let's get going!" They leave.

Leaving Teb with the whole bill.

Off to AMEN!

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-08, 10:28 PM
Age old repost thanks to deadtime!

Probably good for Gordon that you weren't.

Kara grins, and cracks her knuckles.

I'd have had something...emphatic...to say to him, had you been.

Would you like to have a sample of House Xar'cha wine? On the house!

She giggles and winks, her face splitting into an absolutely Sunnish grin.

Sophistemon
2010-10-08, 10:33 PM
He turns to the Gentleman. "Oh, me? I'm retired. Have been for quite some time." He takes another swig of whatever's in that amber bottle. "I used to do this whole 'Herald to the Black' gig, but I don't really bother anymore."
The Gentleman nods. "Coincidentally enough, I too am retired. I used to run a store here, once, a long time ago. I did good enough business to pursue other, more personal interests." He sighs. "Tell me, though, do you sometimes miss having a constant purpose in life? A reason to get up every morning, put on your hat and go out into the world? I have found myself becoming increasingly lethargic as of late and it has begun to worry me."

Artemis97
2010-10-08, 10:42 PM
Raril chuckles and shakes his head. "No, thank you. I actually don't have time to stay for a drink. I only wanted to drop in and make sure the place was still in one piece, not that I doubt your management skills, my dear, but that gas-bomb has me a tad paranoid." The drow explains.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-08, 10:45 PM
Kara pouts at Raril. The fact that she's listening to the Gent at the same time rather aids her in this.

But I wanna talk to you!

She stares at him, with puppy-dog eyes. The fact that hers are yellow, like some breeds of dog, will help this.

Murkus
2010-10-08, 10:56 PM
The Gentleman nods. "Coincidentally enough, I too am retired. I used to run a store here, once, a long time ago. I did good enough business to pursue other, more personal interests." He sighs. "Tell me, though, do you sometimes miss having a constant purpose in life? A reason to get up every morning, put on your hat and go out into the world? I have found myself becoming increasingly lethargic as of late and it has begun to worry me."

"Hell no!" Jack laughs to himself, taking another swig soon after the last. "Sir, my job was a dead-end one. Retirement was the best thing that ever happened to me. And I keep myself occupied."

Artemis97
2010-10-08, 11:04 PM
That is indeed hard to resist.

"Oh fine." Raril sighs. "One glass couldn't hurt." He decides.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-08, 11:08 PM
Kara grins at him, vaulting over the bar to grab a bottle and a glass, pouring for him.

She's quite good at this.

Anything you could advise me to try? I've tried and liked mead, but I've never tried another alcohol I like.

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-08, 11:19 PM
Riv waits until Katie and Angie have been gone for a while, then sits down in his favorite seat, which they were taking up.

Artemis97
2010-10-08, 11:26 PM
The drow takes a sip from his glass, thinking. "Well, if you like sweeter drinks, you could try liquers, some wines and champagnes are on the sweet side, too." Raril suggests, whilst gently swirling the wine around in his glass.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-08, 11:37 PM
Can you suggest a sweet wine for me, then?

She smiles at him, interlocking her fingers and stretching her hands out so that her joints crack.

Artemis97
2010-10-08, 11:43 PM
The drow scans the stock of bottles on the shelf behind the bars. "Hmm... Try a bit from that one there." He point to a fat, round green glass bottle with a bit of red wax on its neck. "It's a port wine, fairly sweet, as wines go."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-08, 11:46 PM
Kara nods, taking it down from the shelf and putting it onto the bar for Raril to open.

She's not really fond of the idea of breaking some of Raril's stock.

Artemis97
2010-10-08, 11:59 PM
Raril flicks his wrist and an odd set of tools appears in his hand. Another flick and he's selected a corkscrew from the set and uses it to open the bottle. The cork slides out with a light pop and the drow reaches for a fresh glass, pouring a small measure of the port wine into it. He then slides the glass to Kara.

"Here, try a sip."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-09, 12:01 AM
Kara picks up the glass, giving it a sniff.

Well, here goes.

She, in a single movement, tips all of the glass into her mouth. She then moves it around in her mouth, sticking her tongue out a few times so she can taste it on the back of her tongue.

This seems odd.

Artemis97
2010-10-09, 12:03 AM
Raril watches all this, a strange expression on his face. "That... wasn't a sip..."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-09, 12:09 AM
Kara swallows the port, and beams.

I like it!

Raril should probably remember that Kara is genetically programmed for quaffing.

Artemis97
2010-10-09, 12:14 AM
He chuckles and slides the bottle over to her. "Enjoy it, then. You deserve it." He also recalls that with her heritage, it would be nearly impossible for her to get drunk, and so sees no problem with giving her the entire bottle.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-09, 12:16 AM
Kara smiles, and picks up the bottle, taking a swig.

Anything you'd like to eat? I had a steak earlier, but I'm still kinda hungry.

"Steak" is a bit of a misnomer. What she had was more like half a cow.

But then, we don't know WHERE the Den gets its meat...

Artemis97
2010-10-09, 01:09 AM
Let's just say it probably wasn't cow.

"Sure, I could eat something." Raril decides. "Thanks."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-09, 01:13 AM
Kara nods, and pokes her head into the kitchen for a moment.

Two bowls of a hearty mushroom stew, guys. One's for Raril.

She's hoping that the mention of their boss will encourage them to cook well.

She also takes another swig of her drink.

Artemis97
2010-10-09, 01:23 AM
Probably won't, actually. Well, they might put enough care in to make sure they don't poison him. But he's pretty resistant to that stuff, right?

Either way, two bread-bowls full of steaming mushroom stew are put up into the window from the kitchen.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-09, 01:26 AM
Kara takes them with a smile, and sets one down in front of her, and one down in front of Raril.

I know you like mushrooms.

Artemis97
2010-10-09, 01:37 AM
"Thanks, Kara." Raril says again, smiling. He takes a deep breath of the steam rising off the stew before picking up a spoon and taking a bite. A strange expression of utter fear crosses the drow's face as he chews. The spoon falls from his fingers, landing in the bowl with a wet plop, dark brown liquid splattering up onto Raril's favorite blue shirt. He doesn't seem to notice.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-09, 01:39 AM
Kara watches Raril, raising an eyebrow.

When she sees that he's kind of zonked out, she reaches over, concerned, and puts a hand on his shoulder.

Raril?

Artemis97
2010-10-09, 01:44 AM
The Drow doesn't respond, but Kara will feel that he's shaking.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-09, 01:47 AM
Raril will find that Kara has, almost faster than his eyes can detect, moved away from her bowl and her side of the bar, and is at his side, trying to give him a hug.

Sophistemon
2010-10-09, 10:18 AM
"Hell no!" Jack laughs to himself, taking another swig soon after the last. "Sir, my job was a dead-end one. Retirement was the best thing that ever happened to me. And I keep myself occupied."
The Gentleman nods and, for just a moment, wonders if he does that very often. "I see," he says. "You are a luckier man than I, sir. I find that restlessness has become a standard thing for me. I move often, never content with where I am for very long." He looks mournful. "I left on personal business," he explains. "And by the time I came back, so many things were different; they had changed while my back was turned, you see, while I had blinded myself to them. And now the OmniShop is in ruins, or would be if it could decompose, and I cannot run it anymore. Things are too different now to accommodate it."

He conjures another snifter of brandy.

"Sometimes I regret leaving at all."

Murkus
2010-10-09, 10:38 AM
"That," Jack says of the Gentleman's restlessness, "Is a trait found very often in sentient beings. Something we all experience at one point or another." Jack shrugs passively.

"Now, if you aren't running your shop any more, what are you doing?" Jack looks quizzical. "I mean, you can't just be drinking and regretting all day. You've got to keep yourself busy."

Sophistemon
2010-10-09, 10:43 AM
The Gentleman looks at Jack, and then down at his brandy, and then back up at Jack. "Oh," he says. "No, I just like the flavor, I am not..." He chuckles. "I do not get inebriated unless I allow myself to." The snifter shifts, its form warping as it reconfigures into a glass of water. "I apologize, I must have appeared as a drunkard." He pauses. "Keep myself busy? Yes, I thought the same. But I have had a devil of a time finding a way to get myself back into the normal flow of things. For example, all these little tags all over the place now - I have no idea what they mean. Of course, some of them I can guess at, but for the most part..." He throws up his hands. "Omniscience makes things boring. I do not want to poof the information directly into my head." He takes a drink of water. "And I worry that I do not belong here anymore. Too much has changed."

Murkus
2010-10-09, 10:53 AM
Jack snorts, leaning back in his chair and letting his arms droop limply over either side. "See, that's where you have me beat. I can't get drunk at all."

"And please, don't apologize. Even if I had thought that of you, not all drunkards become the way they are without good reason." He tilts his head as he speaks, that tophat of his threatening to slide off.

He thinks for a long moment before speaking again. "You know, you could just ask people." He quirks a brow. "About the new things, I mean."

Artemis97
2010-10-10, 10:11 PM
Raril will find that Kara has, almost faster than his eyes can detect, moved away from her bowl and her side of the bar, and is at his side, trying to give him a hug.

The drow panics and struggles to get away from the hug. He seems to think he's under attack, rather than ebing comforted. His eyes are unfocused, not seeing the reality of things around him.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-10, 10:12 PM
He will find it very difficult to get out from the hug. Kara's being gentle, but even then, her arms may as well be made of steel.

Raril...Raril. Calm down.

Artemis97
2010-10-10, 10:20 PM
Raril stops struggling, but still has that faraway look in his eyes. "No..." He whispers. "Run... Save yourself... leave me..."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-10, 10:22 PM
RARIL. There's no one here. There's just me. You're safe.

Kara gently picks him up, holding him tightly, and then gently puts him down on his back.

Artemis97
2010-10-10, 10:34 PM
Slowly, the drow's eyes come to focus on the girl holding him.

"Kara? What... Why am I on the floor?" Raril asks, breathless.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-10, 10:36 PM
Because you freaked out.

She gently moves away, extending a hand to help him up.

You went crazy when you ate some of your mushroom stew and I held you down so you wouldn't hurt yourself.

Artemis97
2010-10-10, 10:43 PM
Raril accept the hand up and frowns, thinking back. He'd just been sitting there, and went to take a bite...

The drow stiffens a bit, his blood going cold.

"I... I need a drink." Absently, he reaches for a random bottle off the bar and wanders towards the back. "The foods fine, though. Not poisoned or anything." he pops the cork off the bottle with a thumb and takes a swig, grimacing as the rot-gut alcohol pours down his throat.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-10, 10:45 PM
Kara nods, takes a swig of her port, and then digs into her stew, looking at Raril over her bowl.

But are you okay now?

Artemis97
2010-10-10, 11:01 PM
Raril nods. "I'll be alright. Just, need a few minutes." He says, turning the corner and walking to an empty back room. if Kara is perceptive, she'll see that he's just barely holding it together.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-10, 11:02 PM
Kara is very perceptive indeed.

However, at the moment, she's being very perceptive of the various types of mushrooms in her bowl and how good the stew tastes.

She's hungry.

Artemis97
2010-10-10, 11:12 PM
in that case, Raril will return about the time she finishes her stew, carrying with him the empty bottle of alcohol. He collapses into the barstool he had previously occupied and places the bottle on the bartop with a dull thunk. The drow stares down at the bowl of stew in front of him for a moment, before sliding it towards Kara.

"Here, you can have that, if you want it." He says, not looking up at her.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-10, 11:14 PM
Thank you.

And so Kara gets to eating Raril's stew, wolfing it down amazingly quickly.

As soon as she's done, she's over sitting in Raril's lap, hugging him gently, but firmly.

While I'm here, you're safe. You know that, right?

Artemis97
2010-10-10, 11:18 PM
"Yeah, little one, I know." Raril smiles sadly at her. This close, she'll be able to see his eyes are bloodshot. "But you can't save me from myself."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-10, 11:21 PM
Kara nods, sadly, hugging him some more.

She wishes she could. But she can't.

ApeofLight
2010-10-11, 08:53 PM
Tebtranlyn undeadtimes and looks around while trying to remain inconspicuous.

McBish
2010-10-11, 11:21 PM
Angie walks into the bar checking behind her to make sure she isn't followed by zombies. She had never been very good at dealing with zombies, she can't use her healing to hurt them, or use her empathic powers to manipulate them, and a knife isn't very good with dealing with them.

She heads over to the bar her hands shaking a bit and a small shiver running through her as she takes her seat.

Reinholdt
2010-10-12, 09:02 AM
Blue Kitty Reinholdt enters the tavern and takes a seat.

McBish
2010-10-12, 10:51 AM
Angie orders her Luhix and sits waiting impatiently at the bar for it to be delivered.

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 11:07 AM
Teb is undeadtimed and goes over to where Angie is sitting.

McBish
2010-10-12, 11:14 AM
Hey there Teb how are you doing today? Angie anxiously grabs the small package the bartender sets in front of her and stuffs it into her purse.

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 11:42 AM
" Fine, fine, and it looks like your not doing to great right now. " He says with a slight smirk taking out a vial of something and spinning it between his fingers.

McBish
2010-10-12, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I'm OK though, or will be soon. What's that you got there? She says her curiosity overriding her bodies need of Luhix, for now.

Reinholdt
2010-10-12, 11:45 AM
Reinholdt watches Angie and Teb with mild interest.
Probably cause they're the only other ones here right now. Plus Reinholdt's met Angie and she seemed alright to him.

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 11:50 AM
" A paralytic drug. Makes a person go completely numb and unable to move except for there head. That way they can steal scream and tell there secrets and what not. " He says with a small smile holding it in between his fingers.

McBish
2010-10-12, 11:52 AM
Angie frowns a bit at this. But if they are really numb you wouldn't be able to hurt them. Though I suppose you could still mess with their mind.

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 11:55 AM
Teb nods with a smirk. " Exactly, think of your worst fear and then not being able to do anything as it descended upon you. And I do believe I have poisons that do just paralyze a person but there more rare and expensive. " He says and shrugs. He tosses the vial and then catches it making it disappear up his sleeve.

McBish
2010-10-12, 11:58 AM
It doesn't take much work for Angie to imagine that. Not a pleasant feeling, that's for sure. So you been finding ways to use your potions to help with your mission?

Reinholdt
2010-10-12, 11:58 AM
Reinholdt frowns. Whoever Angie's talking to, he can already tell he doesn't like him. Why would anyone do such a horrible thing? :smallyuk:

Ok, he knows why, he just doesn't think it's the right way to go about... anything really.

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 12:01 PM
Teb smirks and puts a finger to his lips. " Sorry, trade secret that cannot be talked about in the open. Maybe if I trusted you more and not in such an open place. " He says and then shrugs. The drow then takes a seeming relaxed position in his chair leaning back.

McBish
2010-10-12, 12:04 PM
Oh yeah, and how would I get you to trust me more?

Angie smiles at him a bit.

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 12:11 PM
" Oh, I don't know. " He says with a shrug.

" Maybe by trusting me? You know Luhix is very dangerous. Though I can think of a possible combination that if properly administered would increase the experience but also increase the dangers. It would have to be properly administered so as to not kill. " Teb says, leaning back and tilting his head as if in thought.

McBish
2010-10-12, 12:16 PM
Sounds interesting, what do you have in mind?

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 12:26 PM
" Have it mixed with a slight hallucinogen and a little bit of Sannish along with a delayed numbing agent should greatly increase the pain but make the total numbness afterwards last longer and be... interesting, to say the least. " Teb says with a smirk directed at Angie.

McBish
2010-10-12, 12:33 PM
Sounds pretty interesting indeed. It just so happens I was looking forward to trying some of my Luhix out. Think you could mix this up in one of their back rooms?

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 12:35 PM
" Oh, I probably could but it might take me a minute. And what would I get if I do this anyways? " Teb asks with a smirk leaning over towards Angie a bit with a hand held out for the bag of Luhix.

McBish
2010-10-12, 12:40 PM
Besides the joy of playing with some cool chemicals and seeing how they work on a willing subject? I don't know, maybe we can see after seeing the effects of the drug, I mean it is risky.

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 12:43 PM
Teb thinks for a second and nods. " Sounds fair enough to me. " He says and stands up. He pays for a backroom and then looks at Angie with a smirk. The drow then walks back there and starts to pull out various bags and vials with different contents.

McBish
2010-10-12, 12:46 PM
All right then. Angie smiles and gets up following behind him. Before heading into the backroom she glances around, a look of nervousness passes over her face for a second before heading back.

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 12:51 PM
When she gets back there Teb is already carefully measuring out the different poisons into a mortar. He turns to Angie. " Would you give me the Luhix? " He asks with an outstretched hand.

McBish
2010-10-12, 12:58 PM
Angie pulls it out and hands it too him taking a seat on one of the couches in the room watching him carefully. While she doesn't know much about the other drugs he is using she is an expert on using Luhix and she is making sure she doesn't get an overdose from that.

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 01:07 PM
[Back Room]

Teb pours in a completely safe amount of the Luhix with the other drugs. He then starts to mix them all together making a white-turquoise like paste. Teb inspects it making sure it is the proper constancy and sniffs it. He then gives an approving nod.

" Alright, it's ready. Do you want to inflict the wounds yourself or...? " Teb takes out a small spoon and takes a small amount of the paste out.

McBish
2010-10-12, 01:14 PM
[Back Room]

Angie pulls out a small knife and rolls up one of her pants legs. She takes the knife and slowly makes a cut on her thigh.

There you go, if you don't mind applying it.

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-12, 01:18 PM
Reinholdt watches Angie and Teb with mild interest.
Probably cause they're the only other ones here right now. Plus Reinholdt's met Angie and she seemed alright to him.

(Incorrect, Riv is here, and has been for several days)

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 01:22 PM
[Back Room]

Teb nods. He then carefully takes a cloth and wipes the drug mixture on it. He then takes the paste mixture cloth and rubs it in the wound.

Intense pain time, very, very painful!

Then psychedelic euphoric numbness.

McBish
2010-10-12, 01:31 PM
Angie's entire body stiffens and she whimpers in pain, but doesn't scream or yell. Eventually she relaxes and her eyes half close as she sits there enjoying the numbness.

Wow, that is different. And good. She giggles a bit.

Reinholdt
2010-10-12, 01:31 PM
(Incorrect, Riv is here, and has been for several days)

Well when you aren't doing anything, you might as well be an NPC. I mean there's always NPCs in the bar, but who ever looks at them? :smalltongue:

I want it on the record that I'm reasonably sure that Reinholdt was maybe possibly the first ACRO masochist. Probably.
*notes a sharp increase lately from one to about four*

happyturtle
2010-10-12, 01:39 PM
Hannah was a masochist before then, back when she was an Enup character named Happy, but Reinholdt is the first one I remember seeing in the Nexus.

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 01:52 PM
[Back Room]

Teb smiles." Good. Now, just lay back and enjoy. " Teb smirks and gives her a gently nudge to push her down onto the coach.

He then steps back and watches her and how she reacts.

McBish
2010-10-12, 01:59 PM
((While Angie wasn't always a masochist she was built to become one with her power to take away other peoples pain. And she has been around in one form or another for about 2 to 3 years now first appearing in Modern Town here before ACRO existed, then moving to Enup, then coming back here aged after spending some time in hell.))

Angie lays back and stares up at the ceiling smiling. She slowly moves her hands from the side of her body up to her stomach.

She turns her head slowly to look at Teb.

This stuff is weird. Everything looks different, like it is melting very very slowly.

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 03:46 PM
Teb nods with a small smile. " That's expected, considering the hallucinogen. "

McBish
2010-10-12, 05:37 PM
Wow I think you are going to need to give me that recipe. This is intense. She runs her hands through her hair.

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 05:40 PM
" Maybe I will, maybe I won't. I mean if I give you the recipe you just might leave and I'll never see you again. " Teb says letting just a bit of false sadness slip in there.

McBish
2010-10-12, 05:44 PM
Ah but one day you'll be gone and then where will I be, back to just plain old Luhix?

She sits up suddenly and sways a bit smiling at nothing in particular.

Besides I'm sure you can find another reason for me to stick around.

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 05:48 PM
" Hmm, then maybe I should write it down and seal it. Then you can't open it until I leave? " He offers before taking a seat on the floor among some of the fluffy cushions.

Then Teb raises an eyebrow as she stands up. " Oh, and what might that be? "

McBish
2010-10-12, 05:51 PM
He, you don't even deny that you'll leave one day. I like that. And I don't know, I don't think I am as creative as you. I mean look at what you through together in just a few minutes.

She starts to walk around the room, watching how her feet move very carefully.

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 05:56 PM
" Well, when you run out of the poison you need and you only have a minute to make something just as good, well, you learn some stuff. " He says and shrugs.

He watches her walk around the room. " And what would lying about leaving ever get me? " Teb then pauses thinking.

McBish
2010-10-12, 05:58 PM
My point exactly. You think more stupid people would figure that out. But no people always like to make grand promises. Even if they break them the very next day. It is ridiculous.

Angie stumbles a bit as she is walking almost falling into the cushions by Teb, but she catches herself and keeps pacing.

((Deadtime for a bit.))

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 06:03 PM
" Better to not make promises, I think. " Teb says and nods. Then when she almost stumbles he sticks his foot out to trip her with out her noticing. " If you want we could try other combinations and variations and different drugs. "

McBish
2010-10-12, 06:15 PM
Angie does indeed fall, and doesn't seem to notice that she was tripped. Fortunately there are all these soft cushions for her to fall on.

Oh I don't know. I think I am good right now. Though in the future...

Hehe, do you know what I am right now? I am a floating being of pure consciousness and emotion. Do you have any idea how that feels?

((Probably gone for the night.))

ApeofLight
2010-10-12, 06:20 PM
" Oh, I can imagine. Though you need to be careful, you might hurt yourself like this. " He says talking about her falling.

Teb holds out a finger in front of Angie and moves it a bit. " So, you can't feel anything? Anything at all? " He says moving the finger to touch the bridge of her nose. He then moves it across her face and down to her chin lifting it up a bit.

McBish
2010-10-13, 04:50 PM
Well that sort of tingles.

She says looking up into his eyes and leaning a bit closer to him.

ApeofLight
2010-10-13, 07:44 PM
" What sort of tingly? " The drow asks leaning in a little bit himself.

McBish
2010-10-13, 07:50 PM
Hm... pins and needles. Like... with having a leg being asleep.

She closes her eyes and hums a bit.

ApeofLight
2010-10-13, 07:53 PM
[Back Room]

Teb decides this will probably be a good time to press his lips lightly to hers. Almost a kiss but not quite. Teb then leans in to whisper into her ear. " And what about that? "

McBish
2010-10-13, 07:58 PM
[Back Room]

Angie smiles. Hm... Nope not like pins and needles. Much better.

Angie leans forward nuzzling his neck slightly.

Hm... still floating.

ApeofLight
2010-10-13, 08:18 PM
[Back Room]

Teb smirks and runs his hands down Angie's sides. " Do you want to know what it feels like while floating? " The drow asks her mischievously.

McBish
2010-10-13, 10:19 PM
[Back Room]

I don't know, think you can trust me?

She leans forward to kiss him.

ApeofLight
2010-10-13, 10:24 PM
[Back Room]

" I can trust you enough. " He says and kisses her back. He then grabs her shoulder and starts to pull her clothes off as the curtain falls.

McBish
2010-10-13, 10:30 PM
[Back Room]

And when the curtain rises Angie is curled up next to him hugging a pillow. Her eyes closed and being very quiet.

ApeofLight
2010-10-13, 10:34 PM
[Back Room]

And Teb is lying there, flexing his warforged like arm and watching it.

McBish
2010-10-13, 10:41 PM
[Back Room]

Angie sits up slowly putting her clothes back on. She glances over her shoulder at Teb and smirks at the flexing of his arm.

That was fun, thanks.

ApeofLight
2010-10-13, 10:47 PM
[Back Room]

Teb smirks. " Oh, it was my pleasure. " The drow says and then runs his hand through his hair to help straighten it out a bit.

" And if you ever want to do it again... with or without drugs... " He just lets it hang there as he closes his hand and tightens it, watching the false tendons stretch and relax beneath the plating.

McBish
2010-10-13, 10:54 PM
[Back Room]

I'll keep that in mind. I guess I'll see you around Teb. She smiles and waves goodbye to him as she leaves the back room and quickly leaves the Den.

ApeofLight
2010-10-13, 10:57 PM
[Back Room]

Teb smiles and stands up. He starts to pull on his clothes and makes sure everything is in it's place. " Hmm, now, what might I be able to get from her? " The drow says pulling up his hood and walking back out into the den.

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 04:22 PM
Blue kitty cat Reinholdt enters the tavern again and takes a seat somewhere, ordering some milk with a touch of bourbon in it and some sushi.

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 04:24 PM
Merrak, for lack of better place to put him, is brooding in the corner!

Sometimes the drow thinks that the whole drow plot thing was forgotten about by the matrons, or an excuse to get the more important members of the expedition away.

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 04:28 PM
Or it could just be Art is busy with school and can't run a large scale plot like that at this time, though probably still intends to.
*looks at Inside*
Though I don't know why you'd want it now.

Anyways, Reinholdt looks at Merrak. Because brooding in a corner is the perfect way to get attention. "Hey. What's with all the drow lately?" :smallconfused:
Raril and Teb and now Merrak.

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 04:33 PM
"Hm? Reinholdt, right? We fought those abomination twins.

I really can't comment on the increase of drow."

Teb and Merrak were made at the same time, though Raril is the oldest active one. :smalltongue: I think.

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 04:37 PM
Oh I know. Reinholdt doesn't.
Yes we know that's confusing.

"Right. Abominations..."
Reinholdt frowns. It was little wonder he didn't really recognize the guy. He was trying to block those memories!

"There was another one here recently talking about paralyzing people and breaking their minds or something like that." :smallyuk:

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 04:40 PM
"Hm. That does sound like a drow..."

Merrak's expression gives nothing away, though he does mentally assume that it is Teb. Some drow have to have subtly. The fact that its the one with the bash-your-head-in style of fun is... distressing.

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 04:46 PM
Well... there's... errr...
Nadas can be subtle!
... I don't think it counts either.

"You're such a conflicting race, you know that? So what do you do around here?"

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 04:52 PM
"... Nothing much. I usually just watch... Kinda boring, but it beats having to fight off assassins every other light-cycle."

Merrak is still all mysterious and stuff! Also he has a kickass scar across his eye. Which works perfectly fine still.

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 05:00 PM
"I take it assassins are the cause of your eye scar? Or did you self inflict that to get all the girls?" Reinholdt would not be shocked.

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 05:05 PM
*Checks Merraks bio to see if there is anything in there about scar. Nope! Time to Make Stuff Up™!*

"... The assassin one. Drow girls aren't exactly people you want to mess around with."

Merrak has the same bored and barely-contemptin-all-life expression as always!

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 05:12 PM
"Oh right. All... angry and vicious and femmenazis. Well it's good to see that SOME things don't change between universes." Reinholdt shrugs and grins a little.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 05:15 PM
A plotclone of Raz appears out of nowhere, stepping up to the bar. He loos around for people he recognises

((Is Reinholdt in kitteh form?))

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 05:15 PM
"I suppose.

Not very fun if you had to live with em for the first seven-eighths of your life though. Some things could use changing."

Merrak's expression stays the same! Isn't Reinholdt supposed to be the mopey "my life sure does suck" one? :smallconfused::smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 05:17 PM
Blue kitty cat Reinholdt enters the tavern again and takes a seat somewhere, ordering some milk with a touch of bourbon in it and some sushi.
Yes, he's in kitty form.

And Reinholdt has many different emotions! He's not the same all the time. That'd just be silly. :smalltongue:
You have good days and bad days too, don'tcha?

"Err... I have an idea of what you mean, but I still don't envy you."
*nod nod*

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 05:19 PM
Raz frowns. He's heard that voice ...

'Scuse me. Have I met you? There's something familiar about you ...

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 05:21 PM
"Well I sure don't envy you..."

Merrak glances at Raz. Reinholdt's life is a bit worse than Merrak's, methinks.

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 05:23 PM
Raz frowns. He's heard that voice ...

'Scuse me. Have I met you? There's something familiar about you ...
"Probably."
Reinholdt laps at his bourbon laced milk, not elaborating.

"Well I sure don't envy you..."

Merrak glances at Raz. Reinholdt's life is a bit worse than Merrak's, methinks.
And eyes Merrak. Hmm... Must've heard the story from the Watchtower people or something. Oh well.

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 05:27 PM
Merrak eyes him back! Drow can match kitteh's in staring contests! :smallmad: Especially the scary drow with eyescars.

There was also that whole documentary thing on TV. And Merrak is always spying/information gathering whenever he's offscreen! That's mah justification! :smallyuk:

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 05:28 PM
Rude Kitteh is Rude! Although that was probably the cat's worst day ever, so I guess he has an excuse.

Raz shrugs, and furrows his brow anyway

'Eh, I just think your voice sounds familiar. Names Raz, sorry'

He mutters to himself

So many talking cats here

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 05:36 PM
Ohhh... that documentary certainly doesn't seem to imply little talking cat as compared to demonic cat general of doom.

"I know. I have your card." With a flick, he pulls it out of hammerspace. Ta-da!

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 05:40 PM
Merrak is still looking grumpy. And really can't contribute.

Did the documentary mention him by name? Because Merrak learned his name when the apoco-fighting team was introducing itself.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 05:41 PM
Raz pauses for a second ... He's only given two of those out. One to DC, and one to ...

Ah, your the guy who saved my ass from that demon chick thing. I still owe you for that.

when did you become a cat?

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 05:46 PM
Oh yes. Names were without a doubt mentioned. He's had NPCs fleeing from bars before at the mere mention of his name. :smallannoyed:

"I've always been a cat. I just look like a human sometimes just to confuse people. And to walk outside without getting shot. Not that it really helps..."
Doesn't help that you never stop using your name either Reinholdt. :smallannoyed:

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 05:50 PM
Raz nods.

'OK, makes sense. Sorry, I'm just from a predominantly human world, so I tend to just assume. Why'd people wanna shoot ya?'

He pauses

''Anything I could help with?'

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 06:03 PM
"We didn't have any humans where I came from. And people want to shoot me for a variety of good reasons. No you can't really help. Thanks anyways." Reinholdt goes back to staring at Merrak. That was fun.

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 06:04 PM
Merrak isn't blinking!

Spooky! Drow!

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 06:11 PM
Raz shrugs

Ah well. That favours still hanging if you want it though.

He buys a beer and drinks it pensively

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 06:17 PM
Reinholdt talks while he stares. Staaaaare.

"Of course. So what do you do again?" Wouldn't help to call in a carpentry favor from a retail salesman.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 06:21 PM
Raz grins.

I'm a thief and cat burglar, basically. Damn good. I'm a mage too. Focus on space manipulations mostly. Teleports, pocket dimensions and stuff. I'll show you. Throw something at me

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 06:29 PM
Staaaaare.

"Magtok's gay and I want to be his pimp daddy." Reinholdt says while staring at the drow.

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 06:29 PM
Raz may now find a golf ball whizzing straight toward his head at high speeds from the direction of Merrak. The drow is still staring at Reinholdt though. And I really don't know where he got the golf ball...

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 06:34 PM
Raz smirks again

Funnyman

And then inclines his head ever so slightly as the golf ball misses. It would have appeared to be on target until the very last moment, when it wasn't.

Space tweaking. Well, and perception affecting and Matter manipulating, but mostly Space tweaking

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 06:36 PM
Merrak gives no sign of even following the golfball's trajectory, though he is quite impressed. Also, he's inwardly horrified by what Reinholdt said. *Nightmares*

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 06:38 PM
Nice shot

Raz adds, nodding at Merrak

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 06:39 PM
"Well you didn't say throw something physical."
Reinholdt looks away. He figures that though he didn't win the staring contest, he won the war.

"You ever create a black hole before?"

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 06:39 PM
Merrak simply waves a hand at Raz and grunts. Throwing a golf ball ain't so hard.

The whole staring contest with Reinholdt was getting creepy, and the drow is glad its over.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 06:43 PM
That's 'spatial' manipulations more accurately. Not celestial phenomena

He pauses and smirks even more

I know a guy who can though. Not too hard with enough Forces and Matter

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 06:46 PM
"He didn't... you know... die horribly? Cause making a black hole is only cool once. And then you get sucked in and die while time around you goes all wonky." :smallannoyed:
Reinholdt recommends against black holes.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 06:49 PM
I said can, not not has. I could technically open a portal to the sun. Wouldn't be a good idea though

He pauses and thinks for a sec

Although, a master of Forces should be ok in both those set ups

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 06:54 PM
"And is that the power you were trying to barter for?"

Poor lonely sun.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 06:57 PM
Poor lonely sun.

:smallbiggrin:

Raz shrugs.

I was gonna see what she could offer, and what she wanted in return

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 07:00 PM
"Hmm."
Is all Reinholdt has to add before falling silent and poking at his food.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 07:06 PM
Raz is less smirky, and seems to feel the need to explain himself more. He lowers his voice a bit.

The main problem was how overpoweringly alluring she was. I have a slight issue with resisting lust ... I had a run in with the Goetic demon of that emotion in me and kind of ... lost

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 07:09 PM
"Oh, I wasn't judging you." Yes you were, you horrible, horrible, rat thing.

"Goetic demon?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 07:12 PM
Yeah ... As a Mastigos mage, I can create a manifestation of one of my vices. We have this thing where we're supposed to confront out inner demons, only literally? Well, I confronted mine in my dreamscape and then ...I failed I guess

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 07:15 PM
"... You... did it with yourself?" :smallyuk:
Ewww...

"So what, now you're vulnerable to that vice until you finally defeat it or something? Do you have to do all seven?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 07:19 PM
'Yeah basically. Sort of. I don't have to confront the others, but if I do, then I've got them under control, right. I'm currently trying to get better at Mind magic before I give it a shot again. Till then ...'

He shrugs, and swigs from his pint

'**** it.'

'Often literally'

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 07:22 PM
Reinholdt rolls his eyes, having been turned off from curtains by Tanker.

"The idea is to not to. You're never going to defeat your demon if you don't actively work against it."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 07:28 PM
Raz nods
Yeah, I know, I know. Hell, the reason I'm stuck here is cause some vampire bird has her hooks in me. That's not strictly my fault though. 600 years of experience and mind control. Bleh

He shakes his head

It's just hard I guess. I like women. A lot. 'S'like quitting smack or something

He finishes his beer in one swig and gets another one

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 07:31 PM
"Smack?" :smallconfused:
"You know what, that's ok. Don't tell me." Reinholdt doesn't want to know! And doesn't really understand. But then he's not had very healthy relationships in the past.

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 07:35 PM
Merrak is still there! Scowling!

Playing an unsocial character isn't quite so fun, is it? :smalltongue: Drow need plot bad!

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 07:36 PM
'Smack ... Heroin, man. Not my gig. Just making an analogy.

He pauses

I'd thought it might be easier here, with no complicated stuff like sodding Monica ... she's the bloodsucker.

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 07:44 PM
"The Drow over there looks like he needs something to do. Maybe you could hire him out to go after Monica for you?"

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 07:46 PM
Merrak seems quite surprised by this, and actually lets a twinge of emotion get into his expression of perpetual grumpiness.

"What?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 07:50 PM
Ehh, well thats the problem. I don't know if its her magic or what, but I actually like her. I want her to leave me alone, but I don't really want her dead.

For those familiar with Vampire the Requiem, Raz is bloodbound. Yay!

He looks at Merrak

Also, no offence man, but you'd stick out like a sore thumb in Oslo.

Edit: Double no offence oops

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 07:56 PM
"None taken. My skin is black and I have pointy ears."

Merrak's expression becomes a mask once more! He'd probably complain about the fact that "no offense" doesn't magically make any offensive statements okay if the drow actually cared what other people think. But you can't go on random rants all the time.

Whoops.

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 07:56 PM
I have no idea what bloodbound means!
"Sounds like you're her enthralled sleeper puppet to me." Trust Reinholdt! He knows of these things!

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 08:00 PM
Raz shrugs. He's decidedly less cheerful than when he started the conversation.

Reinholdt: destroyer of worlds, universes, and moods.

Probably. But does that make any difference? I still feel the way I feel right? Anyway, the situations too politically messy. Don't wanna spark a Mage vs. Vampire war. Sounds like some crappy film.

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 08:08 PM
He's good at what he does.

"Right right. Your problem not mine. Didn't mean to intrude." It's your own fault for talking so much! Reinholdt twitches his tail.
*twitch twitch*

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 08:12 PM
In Vino Veritas I guess. This plotclone has been drinking since the Zombie apocalypse.

Nah man, I appreciate the advice. Good to get another viewpoint.

He stops and thinks

Oh, I never actually asked. What's your name?

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 08:21 PM
"Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire." Reinholdt gives his flourish.

As if Raz were the only catburgler around here. Ha!

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-14, 08:27 PM
Heh. Well, enjoy your Sushi there. I've got some stuff to think about. If you need any help, you've got my number there

Raz finishes his beer, and goes to teleport away. Presumably to puke and sleep.

Artemis97
2010-10-14, 09:08 PM
And behold, the owner of the bar is awake. And he's also hungover.

You really shouldn't drink so much, Raril. It's not healthy.

ApeofLight
2010-10-14, 09:09 PM
Lo and behold! There is a note with his name on it on the counter. Uh, wonder how many of those he gets. And with such flowy fancy writing too.

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 09:12 PM
Oooh. Raril. Merrak does nothing, but somehow backs into the shadowy corner even more. Not wanting to be confronted by the "good" drow.

Artemis97
2010-10-14, 09:14 PM
Fancy notes? Not too many. Perhaps the occasional lady who hoped to draw his attention, although the sort who left notes also understood he was still in mourning. As such, this was an unusual find.

Curious, the drow picks up the note and examines it for any clues as to who the sender might be. and should it be the single sheet of paper type note and not the folded up or stuck in an envelope type note, he sets to reading it.

Merrak goes unnoticed by Raril. Lots of people in shadowy corners in this place. It didn't raise any alarms.

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 09:18 PM
The place is probably built out of shadowy corners.

Reinholdt noms his food in silence for now.
So quiet. How dreadful and foreboding.

ApeofLight
2010-10-14, 09:21 PM
Hmm, no clues really, it's just a plain white envelope. It can easily be opened and a white piece of paper folded up neatly inside.

When unfolded Raril will be able to tell that it's written in drow and simply says,
" It's a late night. Do you know where your daughter is? Meet me in the park near the center of town so we can have a proper discussion.
From,
Your Nephew "

Dun-dun-dun!

Artemis97
2010-10-14, 09:37 PM
Raril sighs heavily when he reads the note. He sets it aside and begins to dig through his bag, pulling out a large, silver hand mirror. Raril didn't know where she was now, but he soon might be able to. Putting the mirror flat on the bartop, he starts casting a scrying spell, looking for Ilpholin.

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 09:39 PM
Why Ilpholin is just reaching the front door of AMEN, with a strange belt draped over her arm.

I suppose it's a good thing she didn't buy those anti-scrying candles right away after all. Though I'm certain hilarity would ensue. Or tears. Probably tears.

ApeofLight
2010-10-14, 09:47 PM
Hmm, seems Teb didn't think this through thoroughly enough.

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 09:53 PM
Indeed, Merrak would facepalm greatly if he could read notes and look into scrying mirrors from across rooms. But he can't, so the drow just stays hidden in the shadows.

Artemis97
2010-10-14, 09:56 PM
Raril smiles, seeing Ilpholin was alright. He cancels the spell and puts the note and the mirror away in his bag before getting up and heading for one of the back rooms.

In a few moment, Raril returns, dressed in shades of black and grey. His usual, flamboyant headgear has been traded for a dark cloth, hiding his white hair. The patrons of the bar will briefly see the drow carries more than a half-dozen weapons, before it's all concealed when he throws the edge of his piwafwi cloak over his shoulder.

He pauses before he leaves the bar to cast just one more scrying spell. Using the note as a focus, Raril searches for Teb.

ApeofLight
2010-10-14, 10:03 PM
Teb seems to be standing under a tree, probably the park. He seems to be hardly armed and is leaning against the tree in a relaxed position.

VampireRot
2010-10-14, 10:04 PM
Merrak watches Raril with interest, albeit out of the corner of his eye. Getting caught staring by someone like Raril wouldn't be a good thing. Not that the drow doesn't think he could handle the bard, he just doesn't want to bother at the moment. Teb's petty squabbles were not part of his major orders, though he has to follow the noble fool's orders when he gives them.

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 10:04 PM
Reinholdt raises... oh wait. I don't think cats have eyebrows. Still, he watches with a fair degree of interest. He admits he knows not much about Raril beyond being a bard, a drow, and occasionally mentally ill. But who isn't around these parts?

"Field trip?" :smallconfused:

Artemis97
2010-10-14, 10:24 PM
Raril grins wickedly, a dangerous gleam in his red eyes. Reinholdt's seen that look before.

"Family business."

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 10:36 PM
Reinholdt shrinks down a little.
"Have fun." :smalleek:

He was considering doing what he always does and sticking his nose where it doesn't belong by following Raril.
He has been distinctly dissuaded from that course of action.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-14, 10:38 PM
Kara yawns her way out of deadtime, and begins preening her wings.

She's very much into having clean wings.

Artemis97
2010-10-14, 10:45 PM
The drow's expression softens and he chuckles. "I'm going to try. Hopefully my nephew will learn his lesson this time."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-14, 10:47 PM
Kara's happily preened her wings clean.

She then wanders over to hug Raril.

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 10:48 PM
Reinholdt busies himself with poking at his food, not wanting to show anything more than he has.

"Oh? Bit of a troublemaker?"

The blue cat then eyes the strange girl with wings going to hug Raril. Huh.

Artemis97
2010-10-14, 10:52 PM
"He's only sworn to kill me and two of my children and... oh, hello Kara. Be careful." Raril warns her when he notices he's being hugged. He was carrying an awful lot of blades.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-14, 10:54 PM
Kara nods her face into his chest; she's evidently out of it.

I'm gonna go to one of the back rooms and sleep, 'kay?

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 10:57 PM
"Err..." Ow. Family squabbles were... terribly awful. Especially with death on the line.

"I see. Need any help?"

Artemis97
2010-10-14, 10:58 PM
"Okay." Raril agrees. "Just promise me you'll lock the door." He didn't want anyone sneaking up on her while she was asleep. "I'll be back later." He says, returning the hug.

Raril looks up at Reinholdt. "If you want. It never hurts to have backup. And I'd have to say you're well suited for it." Cats are all quiet and sneaky.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-10-14, 11:00 PM
Kara nods at him, moving herself off to one of the back rooms, shutting and locking the door before flopping herself face down on the bed, stretching herself out.

Reinholdt
2010-10-14, 11:07 PM
"Well alright. The place here was kinda empty anyways." Reinholdt hops down after dropping off some coins. "Point the way."

Reinholdt claims he wants a simple life and yet he goes and does things like this and then I'm not so sure.

Artemis97
2010-10-14, 11:11 PM
"Alright then." Raril leads off out of the bar.

To Inside!

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-15, 10:41 PM
Riv teleports out of the bar just as another one teleports in, this one covered in scars and with massive burns on his right hand. Bartender, get me something very, very lethal.

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-16, 08:36 AM
Oooh! A wretched hive of scum and villainy! That seems more like Kazia's scene. So it's here that she arrives, outrageous cleavage and all, and sits down at the bar, ordering a glass of Damned Soul Nectar. Yummy. I guess that's how you can tell she's Chaotic Evil.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-16, 08:39 AM
Given that the arena is temporarily dead, and the plot he's in is delayed, a plot clone of Raz ports in near to the door and approaches the bar. He catches a glimpse of Kazia out of the corner of his eye, smirks and orders a drink

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 08:40 AM
Blue kitty Reinholdt enters as well. Cause the two plots he's involved in are stalled for the time being.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-16, 08:42 AM
Raz nods at Reinholdt, looking more sober this time.

Hey man

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-16, 08:45 AM
Kazia doesn't seem to notice Raz or pay him any attention. The cat however, is practically a celebrity, and therefore gets... A WHOLE GLANCE! OH MY GAWD! A raised eyebrow as well! :smallwink:

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 08:49 AM
"Cat. Hello as well." He feels someone glancing at him and glances back, giving a curious look. "And hello to you also." He says before hopping up to his table and ordering a drink.

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 09:02 AM
Merrak is here, brooding in the corner as always. The drow pays no attention to anyone, or at least doesn't seem to be. Heck, he doesn't even have a drink. Silly paranoid and antisocial dark elves.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-16, 09:03 AM
'Man's not species specific. It's just verbal punctuation.'

He pauses

'And I'm like 30 years too young to refer to people as 'cat'. Wanna drink on me?

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-16, 09:04 AM
Kazia stops glancing and moves on to the full on staring. May be slightly unnerving, what with the red eyes and lack of pupils. And though it's been overdone at this point, she may or may not seem SUSPICIOUSLY FAMILIAR to Reinholdt. Probably Merrak as well. Raz, not so much.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-16, 09:05 AM
Raz isn't looking at her face anyway.

360 vision is the best superpower

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-16, 09:06 AM
:tongue:
Maybe it's all part of her CUNNING PLAN?
Her cunning plan being 'get laid, kill stuff.'

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 09:07 AM
Merrak immediately notices the suspicious familiarity! Because he's not the sort of person to ignore something like that. The drow cannot quite think of why she's so familiar, though.

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 09:08 AM
Reinholdt sighs and rolls his eyes.
"I... know. Though for the record, no one's too young I don't think. And alright."

He looks back at Kazia.
"Are you another KR clone perchance?" :smallconfused:

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-16, 09:08 AM
It's not that cunning to distract Raz with boobs. It's like his default state

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-16, 09:10 AM
Reinholdt sighs and rolls his eyes.
"I... know. Though for the record, no one's too young I don't think. And alright."

Raz shrugs and buys whatever Reinholdt wants

'I know you know. I thought that's what we were doing? Ironic misunderstandings of each other' :smalltongue:

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-16, 09:13 AM
*looks up Kazia's speech color*

"Well that's a weird question. I wonder how many clones you have to run into before you start having to ask that question."
She does look sort of like KR though. If you ignore the fact that she's a good deal taller and has boobs and generally looks nothing like KR at all.

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 09:16 AM
Aha! The cat was right! She does look a bit like KR! Merrak contemplates this, but generally remains boring to play and stays where he is. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 09:16 AM
"Well it's no fun if someone does it back!" :smallannoyed:
Reinholdt's so silly sometimes.

He glances back at Kazia. "Just one. Sorry. You just looked familiar to me and that's the only person I could think of that might be why."

"My apologies. I've been losing manners lately. I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire." Reinholdt gives his flourish. "And you are?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-16, 09:25 AM
Raz smirks, and mentally adjusts the mental score board 1 in his favour. Raz 1, Snarky Cat 4 odd

You mean the flourish is rehearsed? I feel all cold and used :smallamused:

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-16, 09:25 AM
"Kazia-the-Slayer." She says, with no flourish. She contemplates saying 'YOU'RE MY HERO' but suspects that Reinholdt might not appreciate that. Or indeed, the reason why he's her hero. So she continues to stand there with the delighted and slightly dumbfounded expression of someone who's met... their... uh... hero. >.>
"Flourishes usually are. It's rare to find someone do a different flourish every time, disappointingly enough." :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 09:30 AM
"You can only do so many flourishes as a cat." Reinholdt lies, feeling threatened about his flourishing. He quickly shifts to a flaming hawt person, wincing. Then performs four different flourishes. These are all variations on the original. He was working on trying to get a human version of his kitty flourish and it took quite a bit of practice, so he ended up learning a few unneeded extras.

"So there!"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-16, 09:35 AM
The point gap closes ...

Raz smirks :amused:

Bit ... derivative

He gives *five* capoeira assisted flourishes, all unique in their own way.

But don't let me put you off, cat :smallbiggrin:

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-16, 09:38 AM
Raz's capoeira antics may get interrupted though, as Kazia watches and analyzes for the first three, then attempts to sneak a fist into Raz's face during the fourth one.
"He shouldn't. Capoeira is for sissies."

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 09:40 AM
:smallamused:
"Pfft. If you don't have trademarks, how'll people notice you? Did Team Rocket sing a different song every time? No. Did Indiana Jones ever say it belonged on e-bay? I don't think so. Does Batman ever use the Ratmobile? Please. My flourish has more sale-." :smalleek:

"... You punched him in the face!" Or tried to anyways.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-16, 09:42 AM
Aha! Raz is the king of dodging!

Inspired by the AMEN thread, he incorporates the dodge into an epic flourish, with a no hands cartwheel jump.

Kazia may notice that her punch seemed to be redirected in any case. Magical shielding, ooh yeah.

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-16, 09:46 AM
"I'll get over it. Cheat." At which point an unseen Force attempts to grab Raz mid-cartwheel and send him crashing into the ground in EPIC FAILure. Kazia takes a sip of her Damned Soul Nectar. Should have accepted the punch.

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 09:50 AM
Reinholdt watches as Raz does some sort of epic flourish dodge attempt. And makes up his mind.
Eh. He deserved it. Like those untouchable Exalted.
He doesn't say anything though.

"So I've never met you before it seems. What do you slay? Dragons? Giants? Eldritch beasts? Vampires?" Gotta slay something to be called a slayer!

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-16, 09:53 AM
Given she has to recover from the missed punch and speaks two short sentences first, Raz has basically landed when the force hits, knocking him over. He falls for a second, before turning it into a roll, and an EPIC RECOVERY.

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-16, 09:58 AM
Don't you know? Talking is a Free Ac- *is shot*
"Him, for starters." Says Kazia, jerking a thumb at Raz. "General stuff. Beasts. Eldritch Abominations. Devils and Demons both. Exalted. Magical Princesses. Things that don't have any right to live, really."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-16, 10:01 AM
Raz has returned to his seat.

You what? I'm not a magical princess. You slay people who know how to dance fight? That seems a bit harsh :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 10:02 AM
Reinholdt shrugs a little, grinning a little more. Raz did earn it after all. That punch came out of absolutely nowhere and he still dodged it. Some people deserve to be shot. In the leg. He doesn't think Raz should actually die or anything.

"General purpose. Very nice. Well you'll find plenty of work around here, I'm quite sure." Especially if Reinholdt's player ever gets that assassination guild up finally.

VampireRot
2010-10-16, 10:05 AM
Merrak would probably happily abandon WATCHTOWER for an assassin's guild! *jumps up and down waving arms* The drow simply watches and listens to the entire conversation, not even smirking.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-16, 10:08 AM
Yeah, the leg shot would probably miss too. Being very hard to hit is kind of Raz's thing :p

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-16, 10:20 AM
"Dance fighters, like Magical Princesses, Exalted, Demigods, Sorcerers, the whole lot share the same weakness in that they're all a bunch of grandstanding flashy showoffs who ultimately couldn't hurt a fly. Me? I hit things. I hit them hard. And if they get back up, I hit them again. They usually don't get back up a second time."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-16, 10:22 AM
It's all a bit moot if you can't hit something though, isn't it

Raz grins wide.

I prefer guns and knifes personally.

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 10:23 AM
All the more reason he deserves to be punched in the face.

"There is something quite valuable in the straightforward approach." Humanholdt nods.
... Yeah that's not going to work.

"Not that some of us are strong enough to use it mind you." Reinholdt hits like a little girl! And when he's a cat, he hits like a little kitty girl!

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-16, 10:42 AM
Reinhuman? Reinman? Dudeholdt? Reinhawt? The Man?

Kazia smiles and nods, choosing to ignore Raz. She's already got him marked down on her personal hit-list, anyway. She's petty like that.
"I'm glad you understand. So many people don't. Flashy powers and magic are overrated."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-16, 10:50 AM
Apparently someones been limiting their slaying to paraplegic apprentices then

This is of course said loud enough for Kazia to hear

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 10:55 AM
"Oh they have their uses." Reinholdt says as he conjures a quick flash right in front of Raz. For the purposes of shock value and temporary blindness. Like getting hit with a strong camera flash you didn't expect.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-16, 11:03 AM
'Gah!'

Raz lurches back

Stupid cat ...

Raz attempts to project a very horribly piercing pitch into Reinholdt's mind at a high volume. If it works, it should cause slight pain and disorientation

Ashen Lilies
2010-10-16, 11:05 AM
"True, I suppose."
She'd retaliate to Raz's mean comment of meanness, but her player is sleepy now, so not now. Later, perhaps. A shame, too. Lighting people on fire is always a nice laugh.

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 11:07 AM
"OW! Bloody..."
Reinhawt grips the table edges to keep the dizziness from taking over.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-16, 11:09 AM
Raz smirks, and cuts the noise off while rubbing his eyes

Reinholdt
2010-10-16, 11:12 AM
"Awww..." Reinholdt complains when the pain goes away. That's not nice. :smallfrown:

happyturtle
2010-10-16, 11:13 AM
Darcy, who was TOTALLY HERE the whole time, smirks and watches to see if Raz is going to do fancy showoffy stuff again.