PDA

View Full Version : Horror adventures

~Nye~
2010-10-08, 08:47 PM
Hi guys,
It's coming upto halloween now and I am finally going to unleash a horror adventure to kick off a new campaign. Can anyone give me a few pointers on horror dungeons and ideas? I have read heroes and horror cover to cover, and it's an awesome book, but there are a few Niches that I find myself falling into.
I have come up with concepts for horror campaigns before, but they always end up being quite predictable from my perspective, I ask my friends who don't play D&D they either think my characters are too complex or not conceipted enough.
My idea is a mix of Silenthill mixed with Alien

This is my current Idea:
-Town cursed by souls slaughtered in a masacre years ago.
-Strange things have always happened here, but recently things have turned dark.
- Bodies of those killed in the massacre were used in the building of the town church. (think gruesome stories of tarmacing over shallow graves)
-Souls hunger for revenge.
-Villagers dissapear act strangely/go mad etc.
-Souls and bodies manifest into a foul creature which tries to kill the PCs.

Please if any of you guys have ideas or suggestions about horrifying looking landmarks, please say. Or if anyone wants to tell me some memorable moments which they have had with their horror adventures, feel free. I look forward to reading them.

Or, if there is a similar horror thread or the like... Please re-direct me.:smallbiggrin:

averagejoe
2010-10-08, 10:04 PM
The Mod They Call Me: Duplicate thread. Locked.