PDA

View Full Version : Random Character Generation [3.5]

Hallavast
2010-10-08, 11:48 PM
Good evening, friendly crunchers. I find myself in need of some crunch for a 14th level character. A friend of mine who played 3.0 way back in the 3.0 days has abruptly joined my gaming group. The trouble is that he doesn't want to try to re-learn all the rules again at once, and he needs a character by noon tomorrow. He's asked me to pretty much make his character from the ground up.

To fill that order, I will be spending some time writing up several character concepts/backgrounds fluffwise. What I need in the meantime is some crunch. A 14 level by level build with feats skills spells and gear would be nice, but I'll take anything you can give me. Book list is: core, 1st 4 completes, complete mage, complete scoundrel, libris mortis, and tome of battle. We also cherry pick from the pathfinder stuff (like a consolidated skill list some classes/feats. Feel free to use 3.5 or pathfinder material but specify what you're using if there is deviation.) If you must use something from another book (please no 3rd party or Dmagazine), please post the source of that content (book and page number plz).

The goal is to get a lot of quality content I can pick from and fit to match the fluff. The character is to be played in an actual game alongside a blaster wizard, dread necromancer, and reaping mauler. Please try to build something that can fill in roles not covered and maintain that basic level of balance (tier 3-4).

The more content the better. Have fun!

Lhurgyof
2010-10-09, 12:28 PM
Flaw: Unreactive or Murky-eyed.

Human Monk 1 - Feats: Improved Initiative, Scorpion's Instincts (Sandstorm 53), Serpent Fang (Sandstorm 53) Bonus: Stunning Fist.
Monk 2- Bonus: Combat reflexes.
Rogue 1- Ascetic rogue (Complete adventurer?)
Monk 3
Monk 4
Monk 5-Scorpion Sense (Sandstorm 53) or Craven (Champions of Ruin, was it?)
Monk 6- Improved Trip
Rogue 2
Rogue 3- Improved Natural attack (Monster Manual)
Rogue 4
Rogue 5
Rogue 6- Whatever the unarmed ambush feat is (Complete Scoundrel)
Rogue 7
Rogue 8

Sound good?

Lhurgyof
2010-10-09, 11:58 PM
Human Sage Bard (SRD Variant) 1- Feats: Obscure Lore, Open-Minded (SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm))- Pick up every language in the PHB, as well as many other monster languages you can. Knowledge is important, as is other rogue skills. Make sure to take ones that the DM will make important. Int is probably your most important stat here, with Charisma being important for your DC's.
Bard 2- Skill trick: Collector of Stories (Complete Scoundrel p. 83)
Bard 3- Jack of All Trades (Complete Adventurer p. 110). Use this to pick up weird skills normal people won't have... Auto-hypnosis, for example.
Bard 4
Bard 5- Skill Trick: Point it Out (Complete Scoundrel p. 83)
Bard 6- Feat: Extend Spell
Bard 7 - Skill Trick: Assume Quirk
Bard 8
Bard 9- Feat: Disguise Spell (Complete Adventurer 108) . Skill trick: Magical Appraisal. (Complete Scoundrel p. 83)
Bard 10- Skill Trick: Clarity of Vision or Swift Concentration.
Bard 11- Skill Trick: Pick up the one you lost last level.
Bard 12- Feat: Subsonics (Complete Adventurer 112)
Bard 13- Skill Trick: Easy Escape
Bard 14

How's that one look? He's a sage, so he's very book-smart and is a noble-type. He should have expensive things. He's a great diplomat and has many divination spells.

Hallavast
2010-10-10, 02:32 AM
Two great builds so far. The game actually got postponed until tomorrow (today rather). Thank you for posting these, and please feel free to keep them coming!

Amphetryon
2010-10-10, 09:10 AM
Fire Shugenja 6/Divine Oracle 2/Sacred Exorcist 2/Contemplative 4.
Order of the Impenetrable Crucible

1)Skill Focus: Knowledge (religion)
3) Empower Spell
6) Enlarge Spell
9) Extra Turning
11) Extend Spell (free with Planning Domain)
12) Persistent Spell

Finishes out with 2 more levels of Contemplative and 4 levels of Paragnostic Apostle. :smallbiggrin: