PDA

View Full Version : Class ideas.

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-09, 01:57 PM
Premise of character: He is very old, he grew up in the typical D&D world, surrounded by misery, death, joy & everything else that goes with it.

And it's not that he hates the world as it is, it's just far too wild and unpredictable for his taste, the negatives outweigh the positives (I think of it like a kid looking at another kid's extremely intricate Lego house that they spent hours building; it's perfectly nice and even impressive, just not how he would have done it).

And so he set out on his mission to basically gain the power to manipulate the multiverse and (stretching the Lego metaphor) break it down to it's component parts and put it back together how he wants to see it. He's not malicious, he doesn't want to destroy the multiverse, he just believes that he can do it better than the Gods did (since he's actually lived in the world and knows what is needed, rather than the Gods who were working from a blank slate).

I'm looking for classes that would fit this theme of rebuilding reality.

Rules:
- NO Vancian casters or Manifesters (it's an Epic game but they're all capped at 6th Level spells so it's not worth it).
- The top level (case by case at DM's discretion) is barred. You can take the extra levels but you have to fill your high power slots eg. Warlock Invocations with lesser abilities.
- It's Epic Gestalt, I'm currently Truenamer 30 // X 30.

I'm using a base of homebrew Truenamer (since Truespeech basically rearranges reality on a microscopic level), and I'm probably going to use some Incarnate unless I get a good idea from you guys. I was maybe going to use Binder (talking to beings from outside reality to see what it looks like from the other side) but that's changeable.

Thoughts, feelings, ideas?

K-B

Eloel
2010-10-09, 02:03 PM
Rules:
- NO Vancian casters or Manifesters (it's an Epic game but they're all capped at 6th Level spells so it's not worth it).

I have nothing useful to say other than:
6th level spells are worth it over being a melee, if you're going for more power.
And more so with psionics, since they can augment lower level powers upto their ML, effectively creating higher level powers.

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-09, 02:06 PM
I have nothing useful to say other than:
6th level spells are worth it over being a melee, if you're going for more power.

Not going melee, more of a 5th-man role.

I know 6th level spells are still good, but I'd playing an Epic Theurge in another game so I'd like to steer clear of casters altogether.

Thanks though :smallsmile:

Eloel
2010-10-09, 02:10 PM
Not going melee, more of a 5th-man role.

I know 6th level spells are still good, but I'd playing an Epic Theurge in another game so I'd like to steer clear of casters altogether.

Thanks though :smallsmile:

For a 5th wheel limited at 6th level spells, Bard is golden. Add White Raven maneuvers to taste.

Edit: Now that I read the premise;
Maybe, you help people help you disassemble the universe?

Greenish
2010-10-09, 02:10 PM
Not going melee, more of a 5th-man role.He didn't say the 6th level spells are worth it if going melee, he said they're worth it over going melee.