PDA

View Full Version : The Slayer

The Oakenshield
2010-10-09, 09:01 PM
This is a class I have been thinking of. It is most likely not balanced, but I still want to know what you think of it.

THE SLAYER

HD: d10
Good Saves: F,R,W
Proficiencies: Light, Medium and Heavy Armour, Simple and Martial Weapons, and Shields (not Tower Shields)
Skills: 2+ Int modifier

Slayer's Foes: A slayer deals an extra 2 damage to aberrations, undead, outsiders, dragons and anything that can cast spells or spell-like abilities.
This damage increases to 4 at 4th level, 6 at 7th, 8 at 10th, etc...

Slayer's Spite: Slayers have spell resistance equal to 10+their level of Slayer.

Bonus Feats: Slayers get a Fighter bonus Feat at their 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th levels.

Deathblow: Once per day, a slayer can automatically hit with a melee attack or ranged attack that would normally have no range increment penalties. This attack causes a critical threat. It can affect all creatures except Constructs, even those normally immune to critical hits.

Whaddaya think?:smallsmile:

Flickerdart
2010-10-09, 09:22 PM
Er...it doesn't...do anything. It has a bunch of flat bonuses, but there's nothing interesting or engaging about this class. Taping a Ranger and a Fighter together doesn't accomplish anything.

Aran Banks
2010-10-10, 12:13 AM
Er...it doesn't...do anything. It has a bunch of flat bonuses, but there's nothing interesting or engaging about this class. Taping a Ranger to a Fighter with monk's saves doesn't accomplish anything.

Fixed.

Also, this class is No. There's nothing that makes me want to play it, especially since it's chock full of dead levels.

Do you want this class to walk around stabbing things in the face all the time? Then play a fighter or a warblade. Do you want it to deliver deathblows? Use a rogue, or I have an excellent homebrew assassin you can toy around with. Are you interested in killing ugly-looking things? Then pick a standard adventurer and kill ugly things.

Cidolfas
2010-10-10, 11:43 AM
Another alternative is to find a ranger that isn't blessed with suck. This basically seems to be a ranger with the emphasis on specific foes, except the preference for magic-using creatures is never really explained and there's really no choice involved, which kind of puts a damper on the appeal of the class from the perspective of making it versatile and adaptable.

firemagehao
2010-10-10, 10:45 PM
With the exception of HD-skills, this seems like a high LA race.