PDA

View Full Version : O-Chul Jokes

Welknair
2010-10-09, 10:09 PM
O-Chul doesn't make a fortitude save, fortitude makes an O-Chul save.

O-Chul had a BAB of +15. At level 14.

O-Chul killed the Tarrasque with his bare hands.

When an invisible stalker sees O-Chul, it makes a will save or dies.

O-Chul always takes non-lethal damage. ALWAYS.

Admittedly, those were awful. But you get the idea.

Blue Ghost
2010-10-09, 10:12 PM
There is already a thread for this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150570). :smallsmile:

Welknair
2010-10-09, 10:16 PM
Thank you, my good man. I just recently started posting and as such am not aware of several ongoing threads.

It appears as locking is not an option on these boards... Oh well.

Dr.Epic
2010-10-10, 12:00 AM
O-Chul had a BAB of +15. At level 14.

He had it at level 1.

O-Chul always takes non-lethal damage. ALWAYS.

We can't know that. He's never taken damage (period).

faustin
2010-10-11, 04:19 PM
Sorry, i donīt see any special in O-chul. Itīs kinda stereotypical asian honorable samurai (or paladin), and part of the comic fun is the twist in stereotypes (Roy, the warrior is the most inteligent in the group, Belkar the halfling is an evil sadistic killing machine (aka shoeless sexy god of war), Miko the paladin was a fanatic consumed by hubris, etc...).
I give more value to Hinjo as a paladin because his balance between responsability and easygoing personality.

Maximum Zersk
2010-10-11, 04:24 PM
Sorry, i donīt see any special in O-chul. Itīs kinda stereotypical asian honorable samurai (or paladin), and part of the comic fun is the twist in stereotypes (Roy, the warrior is the most inteligent in the group, Belkar the halfling is an evil sadistic killing machine (aka shoeless sexy god of war), Miko the paladin was a fanatic consumed by hubris, etc...).
I give more value to Hinjo as a paladin because his balance between responsability and easygoing personality.

This is why. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0542.html)

King of Nowhere
2010-10-11, 04:41 PM
That was the beginning, but there's much more. What I like more of O-Chul is his fairness: when, after breaking the cage, he says he'll make sure to weep for the loss of the cagemaster's masterpiece, he mean it. He thanks Belkar for delivering him to the bad guys and an year of daily tortures.

Anyway, I don't think this thread has any reason to exist, sadly to say. Everything that needed to be written on O-Chul has already been written.

Stmr5000
2010-10-11, 08:24 PM
after breaking the cage, he says he'll make sure to weep for the loss of the cagemaster's masterpiece, he mean it.

I'm not sure if you were being serious, but I'm pretty sure that was just him being snarky. Everything else is true though.

Dr.Epic
2010-10-11, 08:33 PM

A) What's this Asian you speak of?
B) These jokes come from the fact O-Chul has survived a bunch of stuff that should have killed him and has shown of being bad ass, not to mention he plays a paladin how it should be played (aka anti-Miko).

Leecros
2010-10-12, 12:08 AM
B) These jokes come from the fact O-Chul has survived a bunch of stuff that should have killed him and has shown of being bad ass

Lots and lots of Con with many lucky rolls in his favor i don't doubt.

plot armor helps too.

JonestheSpy
2010-10-12, 12:36 AM
Anyway, I don't think this thread has any reason to exist, sadly to say. Everything that needed to be written on O-Chul has already been written.

But has anybody written about all the magic items O-Chul has in his POT OF GOLD?

Wait, I...never mind. Every now and then something weird pops into your head and you just have to put it out there.

Dr.Epic
2010-10-12, 01:19 AM
But has anybody written about all the magic items O-Chul has in his POT OF GOLD?

Wait, I...never mind. Every now and then something weird pops into your head and you just have to put it out there.

The less said about his "pot of gold" the better.

edit: Although I bet Haley would want to get her hands on it.:smallbiggrin:

faustin
2010-10-12, 03:27 AM
These jokes come from the fact O-Chul has survived a bunch of stuff that should have killed him

Redcloak healing arts made sure he didnīt die or get insane as long as he needed him (to obtain clasified information about the Gates or because it justified to keep Team Evil of leaving the city ).
Although i must recognise his strong will to endure that horrible experience for a year and donīt kill Belkar for abandone him.

Welknair
2010-10-12, 08:09 AM
I believe that the paladin ability that adds your cha to all your saves is notable. Maybe he just has great saves, instead of massive health.

JoeSkull
2010-10-12, 10:01 AM
I believe that the paladin ability that adds your cha to all your saves is notable. Maybe he just has great saves, instead of massive health.

he said he had low char due to starting as a fighter.

Welknair
2010-10-12, 05:18 PM
Oh yeah...

Hey, did we see Miko ever cast a spell? We haven't once seen a secondary spellcaster (Someone who doesn't get their spells until level 4) actually use spells at all. Sure Belkar has an excuse, but you'd think that the paladins would have used something at least once...

King of Nowhere
2010-10-12, 05:58 PM
In the Giant's description of MIko's figth with the order at the inn, she cast cure ligth wounds at a point.
For the rest, no, we've never seen a secondary spellcaster casting anything as far as I recall.
By the way, since O-Chul has many figther level, we've never seen his mount, and we've never seen him smiting evil more than once per day, there is the suspect he don't have many paladin level.
[Stop serious part]

Of course, O-Chul is first level. He could never find anything challenging enough for him to give any xp.

DukeGod
2010-10-13, 09:53 PM
Redcloak healing arts made sure he didnīt die or get insane as long as he needed him (to obtain clasified information about the Gates or because it justified to keep Team Evil of leaving the city ).
Although i must recognise his strong will to endure that horrible experience for a year and donīt kill Belkar for abandone him.

He didn't just not kill Belkar,he thanked him for abandoning him

Leecros
2010-10-13, 09:58 PM
Hey, did we see Miko ever cast a spell?

does Lay on Hands count?

Zain
2010-10-13, 10:01 PM
Also, I believe that belkar did cast some healing scrolls after V cast owls wisdom on him, not sure when thought.

Juggling Goth
2010-10-14, 01:22 AM

The only time we see Redcloak healing him is afterwards, though. He still could've died at any point when he was in the tank with the shark and the acid and the spikes. That's what Team Evil were betting on, and Tsukiko at least thought it should kill him.

O-Chul doesn't have scars from being tortured. O-Chul adopted his scars because he felt sorry for them.