PDA

View Full Version : To Slay Dragons (IC)

Zaydos
2010-10-10, 11:36 AM
The village of Falath is a village like many others in this age. Small and built beneath the cover of trees, made of wooden and thatched houses. Children can be seen playing in the village streets, but rarely do they venture outside for fear of what dangers lurk.

Falath truly is a small village, maybe a population of 60 or so people, not uncommon on this world. When mankind congregates the dragons attack, save when to stoke their ego the dragons gather mankind beneath them.

A single tavern is the second sight you see as you enter town, the first is a wall of wooden spikes you guess are meant to defend against woodland animals as it would not hinder a draconic assault in the least.

goken04
2010-10-10, 11:58 AM
A broad humanoid, bedecked in shining full plate and carrying a gleaming greatsword enters the tavern. There is immediately an air of significance and bravery all around him, as if this man is capable of great things. He takes a seat at the bar and orders himself an ale.

Zaydos
2010-10-10, 12:05 PM
The barkeeper gives you a good long look, watching you as he gets your ale.

"We don't often get strangers in these parts," he comments, "So what brings you here?"

He seems to have trouble taking in your stature.

Nanoblack
2010-10-10, 12:12 PM
A second armored figure approaches, his full plate decorated to resemble the tyrant lizards that loomed in the back of everyones mind. The horribly charred lance strapped to his back looked as if it were something quite amazing at one point in time, but has long since been ruined.

When he is within a few steps of the tavern doors, he gives his pack a loving pat and continues in. He seems surprised to see someone else wearing such heavy armor in the same building, but resigns himself to a barstool where he orders a glass of water and a loaf of bread.

Zaydos
2010-10-10, 12:14 PM
The barkeep looks surprised to see two men wearing full-plate armor. "So what purposes bring you two to this little town?"

goken04
2010-10-10, 12:49 PM
"Greetings." says Hyrex to the Bartender. "I am brought here by a deep longing in my soul. I have become a traveler and, if I am to be completely honest, I hope to protect this land from the terrible lizards that plague it."

Zaydos
2010-10-10, 12:56 PM
"I see," he says placing Schnell's food and water before the armored figure, "So how much gold you have to spend making your last days enjoyable before you try that?"

Nanoblack
2010-10-10, 01:22 PM
He removes his helm to reveal medium length brown hair and aquamarine colored eyes. The man had a youthful look about him and was smiling despite there being nothing funny happening at the moment. "I'm here to make peace. Gotta start small so I eventually want to work my way up to the big leagues."

Zaydos
2010-10-10, 01:24 PM
"Peace?" the barkeeper asks, as a child walks into the tavern. "We aren't at war, we're hunted."

The child, a young girl about 5 years old with dusty blond hair, rather raggedy clothes, and a small home-made doll, continues through the tavern and into a back room.

Ziegander
2010-10-10, 02:05 PM
Emerging from the tangle of trees and vines, Rufus Mallory brushes back some errant strands of dark brown hair and finds himself standing before a small settlement. Tall and proud, the man has a self-assured bearing about his sturdy frame. His woman had gone back to her people, and he had promised her he'd try to find some help. Convenient, he thinks at last.

Rufus smirks at the sight of children playing in the streets. Not because of the charm of it, but because of the brazenness and bravado. Still, this place is so small it isn't likely to be on any dragon's to-eat list. Noticing a tavern he walks in.

"Barkeep," his voice clear, Rufus looks himself over with dissatisfaction, "Got anyplace for a man to wash up around here?"

goken04
2010-10-10, 02:40 PM
"Peace, eh compatriot?" Hyrex says, turning to Schnell. "I, too, would like to see peace returned to this land. What is your name? I am called Hyrex the Good and I am called by Bahamut." He says, lifting his visor just enough to down his ale.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-10, 02:40 PM
A tall, thin, bald man sits at the far end of the bar, sipping on an opaque red liquid, as the obvious adventurer's walk in, he had been here for a few months, and he knew the people here, these were not people he was familiar with. He stays where he is but glances over every now and then, giving the air a sniff, trying to note anything odd about these adventurers.

He remains silent, knowing they'd likely be pointed in his direction eventually, they'd need a guide.

Zaydos
2010-10-10, 05:39 PM
Looking at Rufus the barkeep says, "There's a river you can use around back."

He then looks at the Schnell and Hyrex, "So you two don't know each other?" You can hear a note of disbelief and amazement in his voice.

firemagehao
2010-10-10, 05:57 PM
A tall, burly figure, not quite human, also in full plate enters the tavern. He walks up to the bartender, "A mug of your finest ale, if you will."

He turns to the man named Hyrex, "You wouldn't have happened to say Bahamut, would you? I come serving Chronepsis."

goken04
2010-10-10, 06:45 PM
"Indeed I said Bahamut. But who is this Chronepsis of which you speak?"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-10, 08:56 PM
"Barkeep, another blood draught." Crow calls, naming off the drink he had just finished, simply tomato juice, mead, and a thin but spicy pepper sauce.

He then turns to the adventurers, listening in on the conversation, he had never heard of the gods they spoke of, and he had heard of quite a few from the people in this region and the knowledge of those he had consumed.

firemagehao
2010-10-10, 11:00 PM
"Chronepsis is the lord of destiny. The reason, we are gathered here today, if you are truly a scion of Bahamut."

Ziegander
2010-10-11, 01:29 AM
Rufus looks ahead, and notices that the bar is quickly filling up with plate-armored men.

"What is there a beauty pageant in town and no one told me? Let me go polish up my steel!" he sneers and walks forward, then asks the barkeep, "Just through here?"

firemagehao
2010-10-11, 11:29 AM
"If this was a beauty pageant, I should hope that you would not be entering. What brings you to this town?"

blackmage
2010-10-11, 12:19 PM
A nondescript man dressed in a traveler's clothing and cloak has been idly listening in from a nearby table. With mention of Chronepsis, and Bahamut, he starts listening (and looking) more closely. Nothing to say quite yet, but plenty to hear.

Zaydos
2010-10-11, 12:24 PM
The barkeep brings Crow his drink, and returns to his place at the counter. Suddenly a scream of pain tears through the air, coming from the streets outside and a child runs through the doors screaming in terror.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-11, 12:35 PM
Crow leaves a few gold pieces and his drink behind as he runs out the door, unfastening a bone bow from his back and knocking an arrow as he went, readying a shot.

Ziegander
2010-10-11, 01:07 PM
Rufus ignores the question of the newest armored arrival continuing to head to the back and look for this river, but then he hears the screaming child. He rubs his forehead with his hand.

"Oh, no..." he says aloud, "I don't have time for this."

With a single smooth motion he slides his shield onto his left arm, and frees his sword from his sheath with his right. He immediately backpedals and heads toward the noise.

firemagehao
2010-10-11, 01:15 PM
This might get complicated:

If there is no top floor, Cadit runs out in front of the tavern.

If there is a top floorCadit runs up to it

If there are windowsCadit prepares to jump out of one, if it is facing where the scream came from

If there are no windows Cadit attempts to break through the wall:
Attack roll if needed[roll0]
damage[roll1] Then prepares to jump

Zaydos
2010-10-11, 01:19 PM
No top floor; will wait for more responses before actually posting what everyone sees.

blackmage
2010-10-11, 01:28 PM
The curious traveller stands, mutters something to himself, then walks to the door and peers out.

Turning on See Invisibility as he looks out the door.

goken04
2010-10-11, 03:27 PM
"My child, what is it?" Hyrex says adressing the girl. He draws his greatsword and, with a small effort of will, it begins to shed bright light as Hyrex prepares for battle.

Zaydos
2010-10-11, 07:45 PM
@everyone who went to the main door:
You see villagers fleeing to their homes from 7 to 9 inch tall flying creatures. They look like tiny bipedal dragons, each holding a two-handed sword the size of a dagger.

@Ziegander:
As you start to turn from the back exit an 8 inch tall dragon creature flies down in front of your face and slashes at you with its tiny sword, thankfully missing completely. It's scales are a dull brown and its eyes a bright red.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-11, 08:51 PM
"This is for you," Crow says, firing the arrow at the closest one of the creatures using one of his black-fletched arrows.

Attack: [roll0]
Crit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Zaydos
2010-10-11, 08:54 PM
Crow's arrow flies true striking a blow into the diminutive creature. It lets out a hissing screech of pain and begins flying away at top speed.

goken04
2010-10-11, 09:13 PM
Seeing Crow's attack, Hyrex rushes out to help. He charges (partial charge) the nearest creature with his illuminated greatsword.

Damage: [roll1]

Zaydos
2010-10-11, 09:15 PM
A solid blow to the creature, its eyes widen in surprise and fear and it withdraws away from you in the air.

blackmage
2010-10-12, 09:11 AM
The traveling man looks intently at the flying creatures. Now where have I seen that before...

Knowledge (Arcana) roll to see if I can identify them, assuming they're a kind of dragon.

[roll0]

firemagehao
2010-10-12, 09:59 AM
Cadit leaps into the air, attempting to strike one with his haliberd.
Jump: [roll0] (this / 5 is ft jumped in the air)
attack roll: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]

Nanoblack
2010-10-12, 10:07 AM
Schnell

With a running start and lance in hand, he leaps from the doorway and into the air, descending upon one of those foul lizards. At the peak of his jump, the flap to his pack it pried open as a creature that resembles a flying tree branch escapes and joins the fray as well.

Jump: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Crit Confirm: [roll3]
Crit Damage: [roll4]

Dragons actions-
Move toward enemy and attack with breath weapon- DC-11 Reflex vs 1d6 Fire

Zaydos
2010-10-12, 11:01 AM
Cadit leaps at another of the tiny dragons, his halberd cutting the air while missing the tiny creature. Schnell's leap stabs it, and his companion's breath scorches its wings, but the creature still lives.

The tiny dragon retreats into the air. It's three kin that you can still see, though, fly upwards towards the flying dragon (they are now 20-ft in the air) and open their mouths. The small ashwood dragon seems to be buffeted in the air by some invisible force.

the dragon companion took 6 damage; I rolled saves for timeliness

@Blackmage:
They are enyo dragons, one of the relatively benign species of dragons. They love battle and warfare, and often work as hired warriors for other dragons.

blackmage
2010-10-12, 11:08 AM
Avin makes a few gestures and mutterings, then points at the tiny dragon struck by Schnell. Two rays of angry light jump from his fingers.

Magic Missile at the dragon Schnell hit.
Spell Resistance: [roll0]

Zaydos
2010-10-12, 11:09 AM
Two missiles of force strike the diminutive creature which is fleeing, a surging feeling of victory in your heart, surely it will fall from this.

And they do nothing.

goken04
2010-10-12, 08:17 PM
If I can reach any with my greatsword, I attack:

If not, I don't do anything, but ready an action to attack if one comes in reach. Either way, I want a Know(Arcana) Check: [roll2]

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-12, 09:39 PM
Crow nocks another black-fletched arrow, taking aim and taking another shot at one more of the little dragons. Maybe i can get something off these things, i wonder what dragon jerky tastes like he thinks, grinning.

Crit: [roll1]

Zaydos
2010-10-12, 09:40 PM
As Crow's arrow flies past a dragon, the injured dragons all bolt away at top speed (120-ft).

There are still 3 overhead

(giving everyone, but Crow and Hyrez who've already acted this round, a chance to act before they do)

Ziegander
2010-10-12, 10:18 PM
[OOC: Sorry, guys, about 24 hours there without internet. I'm back.]

Rufus is taken aback by the sudden, albeit tiny, assailant, but then has to stifle a laugh.

"This is what has the children all afright? Away with you!"

Actions

Bull Rush Roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2722532/): (1d20+7+size modifiers [+8?]) 26+size

If possible I'll move with the little beastie.

Zaydos
2010-10-12, 10:27 PM
You push the dragon back up to 35-ft into the woods till it strikes a tree and splats.

I wanted one to finally die.

Nanoblack
2010-10-12, 10:30 PM
Schnell moves forward and once more leaps into the air though this time with more ferocity and skill. "Gabel! Back to your pack. You've been injured!"

Jump:[roll0]
Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]
Crit:[roll3]
Crit Damage:[roll4]
Lancet Damage:2d6

Zaydos
2010-10-12, 10:33 PM
Schnell leaps into the air, skewering a dragon upon his lance slaying it.

Imagining someone jumping at tiny dragons with a lance is an amusing image.

Ziegander
2010-10-12, 10:55 PM
You push the dragon back up to 35-ft into the woods till it strikes a tree and splats.

I wanted one to finally die.

[OOC: lol]
Damage Roll, just for kicks = 20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2722578/)

"Somebody grab one! I want to know where the little buggers came from!"

firemagehao
2010-10-13, 10:39 AM
Cadit leaps into the air once again, slashing at the dragon with his haliberd.

Jump: [roll0]
Attack Roll: [roll1]
Damage: [roll]1d10+4[roll]
confirm critical: [roll2]
Lancet damage (if it applies): [roll3]
I can't get to my books right now, so if charge adds damage, I did not include it.

Zaydos
2010-10-13, 10:45 AM
And another of the tiny dragons is skewered upon a lance.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-13, 12:39 PM
Crow pulls yet another arrow, firing at the next dragon, "Here you go yah little bugger," Crow says before letting the arrow fly.

Crit Confirm: [roll1]

Zaydos
2010-10-14, 04:10 PM
The last dragon flees as Crow launches another arrow that goes wide. The ones that fled before move another 120-ft away.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-14, 04:57 PM
Crow lowers his bow, looking for any other threats before putting it away. He then walks over to the the killed dragonling, kneeling down to examine the creature. He then picks up the creature, pulling a vial, and collecting the blood from the creature. He then cuts away the hide from muscle, and the muscle from bone. And finally collects any arrows that were undamaged and not stuck in the dragons tha hid flown away.

Survival: [roll0]
Heal: [roll1]
Knowledge (Arcana): [roll2]

Survival and Heal are for the skinning and the like to see if i can keep it intact.

goken04
2010-10-14, 05:01 PM
"Well..." Hyrex says, sheathing his glowing greatsword. "I'm glad we were here to repel those ferocious beasts. Does anyone know what they were?"

firemagehao
2010-10-14, 05:13 PM
Cadit wipes the blood off of his halberd, "I believe they were small dragons. Maybe a villager may know more about them."

blackmage
2010-10-14, 05:15 PM
The traveling man, who didn't seem to try anything useful during the fight, walks up to the group outside the door. "They were Enyo dragons, a weaker kind that often work as mercenaries. They're still usually strong enough to easily kill a human..." He trails off, looking around at the armored people, and Crow's dissection of an Enyo corpse. "Well, normal humans."

goken04
2010-10-14, 05:22 PM
"Well greetings to you, companions in arms. I am called Hyrex the Good. What are your names?'

firemagehao
2010-10-14, 06:06 PM
my dragon companion slaps me and becomes visible "This is Insultare, my companion. Do not worry, he is not evil, and will help us." Insultare flies into the sky, as directed by my OOC post.

goken04
2010-10-14, 06:34 PM
"A dragon that aids you? Well I suppose I have seen stranger things," Hyrex says, a smile in his voice. In the mirror, for example, he thinks.

Zaydos
2010-10-14, 06:36 PM
The villagers are watching you from their houses in fear. They've seen your allied dragons and seem to be truly horrified by the idea of men who would work with such beasts.

goken04
2010-10-14, 06:52 PM
"Fear not, villagers!" Hyrex says as he spreads his arms wide and moves slowly towards the villagers. "As you have just seen, Hyrex the Good and his allies are here to bolster your village and protect you from the reptiles that would do you harm. Do not worry about the dragons my companions have brought with them, for there do exist dragons with hearts of benevolence in this world and those are two of them. Believe Hyrex when he tells you we are here to procure your safety and drive away the menace that the dragons have wrought."

Diplomacy check: [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-14, 06:54 PM
"Was that comment directed at me?" Crow asks, looking at the one to identify the dragons, "I'm just a simple hunter and bowyer."

Then when Hyrex says "allies", "Just because we fought together doesn't make us allies. I have no love for dragons and have lived in this town for the past year. Now i must collect my arrows."

goken04
2010-10-14, 07:14 PM
Turning to Crow after his comment, Hyrex lowers his voice. "Have it your way then, friend. I simply thought you too would have an interest in defending this town from the dragons."

firemagehao
2010-10-14, 07:35 PM
Turning to Crow, "A simple bowman, with expensive arrows." As Cadit leaps up onto the roof of the tavern, gets out his book, and starts reading.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-14, 07:40 PM
"I'm just a hunter. While i do care for the well being of this town, i do not consider someone i fought alongside once to be an ally. Only after they have proven themselves as an ally do i call them comrade." Crow stores, the vial of blood in his waist pouch and the meat in a roll of parchment in his pack.

Then turning to the man that commented on the expense of his arrows. "I craft my own arrows, warrior. I'm commisioned to hunt certain creatures. I bring back the head and collect the money, sometimes i'm paid in metals i use for my arrows."

Nanoblack
2010-10-14, 07:56 PM
Schnell holds his pack steady as Gabel climbs into it and begins to nurse his wounds. He looks up, hoping the dragon wasn't noticed. "Like the local said, fighting together doesn't make us allies. After seeing how everyone fought, however, I can say that I am inclined to side with you."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-14, 07:59 PM
"I'm inclined to agree as well, I've stayed here to long as it is. I'm Crow Bloodfang by the way."

Nanoblack
2010-10-14, 08:43 PM
He extends a gauntleted hand for a handshake. "Schnell Boisson. Pleasure to meet you. Same goes for everyone here." He then gestures toward the stout, crocodilian dragon with skin like tree bark that was currently peeking from his pack. "This is Gabel... one of the good dragons."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-14, 08:54 PM
Crow extends his hand as well, taking Schnell's hand, his sharpened and hardened nails now obvious to even casual observation. "So you are to hunt dragons, a challenge, I have not had a challenge in a long time" and dragon's blood is something i have yet to sample.

blackmage
2010-10-15, 08:50 AM
Avin shakes his head at the hunting talk. "Hunting dragons. Now I've heard everything." He looks at Gabel. "Well, not everything. I am Avin of Skywise. Master Gabel, a pleasure to meet you, it is a gift to see a dragon I've never heard of in my travels. And I think I saw another somewhere..."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-15, 05:08 PM
"It is not much of a surprise i consider it a hunt. Every fight is a hunt for a hunter. And i happen to like being challenged, and hunting dragons offers a challenge."

Ziegander
2010-10-15, 06:29 PM
Showboats. Gonna get themselves killed that way, Rufus thought to himself as he shook his head at their tactics.

As the others discussed amongst themselves and attempted to assuage the fear of the villagers, Rufus decided to make for that river behind the tavern. After a short bath, not bothering even to remove his armor, he returned to find them all still engaged in conversation.

"And not a one of you grabbed one of the damned things. Now they've gotten away, and that means dragons, probably much bigger ones, know about this place. Everybody here's gonna have to evacuate."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-15, 06:52 PM
"I think they'd more likely send after us, most of you are adventurers, i'm the only local that fought. And dragons have known of this area and vilage for ages. And catching the buggers is more difficult than killing them, besides, they flew out of range before i could get another good shot." He takes a bowstring from his pack, replacing the one currently on his bow, "I need to make more arrows."

blackmage
2010-10-15, 07:00 PM
Avin gets a little nervous after hearing Rufus and Crow. "They might come back, or they might go after the people that fought. Either way I'm in some trouble: I can't do anything to Enyo, they're completely immune to my magic!"

Ziegander
2010-10-15, 07:07 PM
OOC: Ugh... internets ate my post.

Nanoblack
2010-10-15, 07:08 PM
"And not a one of you grabbed one of the damned things. Now they've gotten away, and that means dragons, probably much bigger ones, know about this place. Everybody here's gonna have to evacuate."

Schnell raises an eyebrow at the implication of the comment. "If it was possible to stop them, why didn't you? It's easy to criticize from the sidelines." His tone took that of someone attempting to teach a lesson or perhaps one ready to nag a child. He sighs and begins walking toward the tavern.

Ziegander
2010-10-15, 07:14 PM
"Didn't seem that hard to kill to me," Rufus adds quietly, "Anyway, the little brats fought us here, where else would reinforcements come to find us? This village is done for and it's best we warn them now while we still can."

Then he takes note of Schnell for perhaps the first time and scoffs, "You lot had already chased them all away! Oh, and chide me then walk away all smug and arrogant. Nice."

Rufus crosses his arms and narrows his eyes. Amateurs.

"Look, we all know what the dragons are gonna do when they find out about this place. The question is: what are we going to do to stop it now?"

firemagehao
2010-10-15, 10:19 PM
"What are we going to do? We could have a super-magical training montage, and learn the secrets of an unknown martial art, allowing us to defeat evildoers with pure awesomeness. Or we could set up some defenses, sharpen our weapons, and hope for the best."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-15, 11:45 PM
Crow raises an eyebrow, "I've never heard anyone speak like that, and where i come from people have many strange ways of speaking." Crow says, looking at the human dragoon, "But i must agree that it's impractical to think we can find something that will defeat dragons quickly. I do believe that we should leave here and get the villagers out of the line of fire. Regardless of what w do, we need to move quickly. Now let's get moving." Crow turns and quickly runs to a house just down the street, returning a minute later with a pack, a pair of gloves, and a second quiver of arrows. "We need to get to the headman, he'll get everyone moving. Follow me."

Ziegander
2010-10-16, 11:12 AM
"At least someone's starting to make sense," Rufus says falling in line right behind Crow, "So you're from here then?"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-16, 11:25 AM
"I've lived here for a year, i know my way around. The people here are good, but ill prepared to take on any force larger than a few orcs, and they hold a much greater fear of dragons. Can't say i blame them. What brings adventurers here? Other than a comfortable inn?"

Ziegander
2010-10-16, 01:55 PM
Rufus swallows hard, clenches his jaw, and says nothing. For a man usually possessed of something snippy to say, his situation has him in a muddled grasp. This woman of his and the promise he made her. Has he gotten himself in over his head?

goken04
2010-10-16, 02:46 PM
"I was called here by Bahamut to start my quest to transform these lands to a place where men can be free and live in harmony with the dragons that would do so." Hyrex says, eager to answer Crow's question.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-16, 03:17 PM
"A noble dream, but a dream none-the-less. I do not trust in the gods, I simply align with mine. The gods don't stop tragedies from occuring, and yet people put faith in them. But your views are your own," Crow says, he very much disliked gods, even his own patron he barely tolerated.

firemagehao
2010-10-16, 03:56 PM
Cadit walks up to Crow, "I come to end the reign of evil over this land. It is our destiny to do so. As for gods, they let bad things happen. But a person must put forth effort himself to do something, not just rely on gods to do it for him."

blackmage
2010-10-16, 04:06 PM
Avin begins following Crow. "Quite an interesting crossroads this place seems to be. I am here for nothing so grandiose, simply a traveling scholar looking for the next place of interest. For now, that place seems to be with all of you."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-16, 04:58 PM
"When your god is the Predator you learn to be self reliant," Crow comments turning to Cadit, "And if you want something interesting traveller, wait until we get in a real fight," He says, showing elongated fangs.

firemagehao
2010-10-16, 05:19 PM
"Is that an invitation?" Cadit asks, tightly grasping his halberd.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-16, 06:01 PM
"That last comment wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at him," Crow says, pointing at Avin, "I don't believe i got your name," Crow says, turning back to Cadit.

firemagehao
2010-10-16, 06:33 PM
Cadit turns to Crow, "I go by Cadit. I am pleased to meet you, but am wondering wonder about your fangs. What might your name be?"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-16, 07:29 PM
"Crow, Crow Bloodfang. The fangs are a thing i was born with," or at least reborn with

firemagehao
2010-10-17, 11:34 AM
"Now, where is this headman?"

Zaydos
2010-10-17, 11:50 AM
The headman's house is a building much like the others in town. One of the larger, but not the largest, house in the village it is made of wood and near the outer wall and the farms. The door is still closed tight from the dragon attack.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-17, 01:01 PM
Crow walks to the door and knocks a few times "Hamasim, it's Crow. We need to talk."

Zaydos
2010-10-17, 01:04 PM
A minute passes without reply.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-17, 01:23 PM
Crow sighs, testing the door to see if it's locked, "Hamasim the dragons are gone, now get your but out here before i turn your window into a door!" He yells the last part.

Zaydos
2010-10-17, 01:28 PM
You can hear movement inside, something being moved away from the door, and then Hamasim opens it. He looks at your group, and you can tell their is suspicion, fear, and something of hatred in his eyes.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-17, 01:36 PM
Crow steps aside, showing the travellers, "The dragons are gone, but likely bigger ones are coming, the town needs to evacuate. Now." Crow has a look of annoyance, then he sighed before whispering, "What was it that made everyone in this town hate me in the first place."

Ziegander
2010-10-17, 01:39 PM
"Anyone who stays here after that little attack will soon be dead, Rufus says coldly matter-of-factly, "I figure you'll have to make sure the townsfolk understand this."

firemagehao
2010-10-17, 03:58 PM
Cadit adds in, "This town will not be left standing when the dragons are done with it. It would be best if innocents were not killed in the process."

Zaydos
2010-10-17, 04:02 PM
"You're right, I'll start an evacuation," he says, "But who brought the dragons here in the first place?"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-17, 04:09 PM
"Possibly a dragon looking to take another's territory. The lizards may be smart but they're still driven by instinct."

Ziegander
2010-10-17, 10:39 PM
"Hell, it might have been me, if finding someone to blame will help you sleep at night. I've run afoul of more than one dragon in my day."

Rufus smiles patronizingly and crosses his arms.

Zaydos
2010-10-17, 10:40 PM
The headman shoots Rufus an angry glare, So you brought 'em here.

Ziegander
2010-10-17, 11:16 PM
The headman shoots Rufus an angry glare, So you brought 'em here.

"Careful there, mister," Rufus' hand floats over the handle of his well-crafted longsword ready to pull it from its sheath as he matches the headman's glare with a steely gaze, "What's more important to you? Starting a fight with a man that has dragonblood spattered all over his shield or getting yourself and your villagers the hell out of here before its your blood spattered across a dragon's jaws?"

Zaydos
2010-10-17, 11:18 PM
Keeping my people safe, but if you knew dragons were after you why'd you go where there were people you could endanger?

Ziegander
2010-10-17, 11:27 PM
"Well, would it help if I told you I don't even know the name of this little town? I don't know where the hell I am, and I sure don't know for sure if there're any dragons after me," Rufus shrugs before continuing, "Not that it would surprise me if they were."

He sighs and ruffles his hair heavily for a few brief moments while he thinks. I guess this is it. I hate having to do this.

"I was on a job, and it turns out the job was for a dragon, only I didn't know at the time. The job was to kill some kinda wolf monsters, but they turned out to be a peaceful tribe of werewolves and the dragon just wants their territory. So I turned tail. I got myself good and lost. I promised one of the females I'd return to help them. And, so in a round'bout answer to your question, that's why I came here instead of steering clear. I... need help."

Rufus looks ashamed of himself.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-17, 11:51 PM
Crow raises an eyebrow, "A shewolf?" He shrugs, "Eh, I'll help yah. Once we get this town evacuated. Now let's get these people evacuated."

firemagehao
2010-10-18, 06:01 PM
Cadit looks at Rufus, "You betrayed a dragon for a shewolf. I wouldn't be surprised if this attack was because of you shaming the dragon."

Ziegander
2010-10-18, 11:11 PM
Rufus considers thanking Crow for a moment, but before he's decided that it would make him feel weak, Cadit berates him once again. He wrings his fist as he attempts to maintain self control, his leathery skin audibly smashes against itself while he glares at the lancer with the utmost contempt.

"Wake up, orc-breath! Not all of us have the luxury of being blessed and called by the gods! You're such an arrogant bastard. I'm surprised at myself for having wasted as much time here as I already have."

And at that Rufus begins to walk off.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-19, 03:35 PM
Crow looks at Cadit, "Try not to antagonize people, it makes enemies you can't afford to have. Let's focus on a goal and not worry on the methods. And the goal now is to evacuate. Now let's move. Hamasim, we need you to announce the evac otherwise they'll just laugh in our faces."

Zaydos
2010-10-19, 03:40 PM
Of course the headman says, he shouts back to his family to grab the essentials, and then heads out to begin the process of banging on doors to get people cleared out.

goken04
2010-10-19, 07:20 PM
Hyrex will assist Hamasim in banging on doors and trying to clear people out.

firemagehao
2010-10-19, 08:22 PM
Cadit assists the headman as well, doing the same as Hyrex.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-20, 02:26 AM
After getting the others to start evacuating, Crow goes to follow Rufus, he really didn't like playing the nice guy, but he promised to help, and he stuck with any promise he made.

Once he catches up, "You still need help? 'Cause my offer still stands."

Zaydos
2010-10-20, 09:06 AM
"If you three are going to help, then help the women and children gather supplies; nobody's going to open their doors for you" the headsman says seeing Hyrex and Cadit banging on doors.

goken04
2010-10-20, 01:59 PM
Hyrex does as the Headsman says.

blackmage
2010-10-20, 02:22 PM
Avin assists with getting things packed up...he seems to have trouble with the heavier loads.

firemagehao
2010-10-20, 08:26 PM
Cadit will help the women and children gather supplies, although he will keep an eye out for any adults and young men who might help in the fight.

Ziegander
2010-10-21, 01:44 AM
Rufus sighs, massages his eyes, and without turning to look at the other man asks, "What do you want from me, huh? Ain't nothing in this world for free, certainly not signing up to fight dragons for somebody you've never met. So, what is it you want?"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-21, 10:27 AM
"I gave my word that i would help, i always keep my promises," Crow says, "Plus it's in all our interests to stay alive, and a group is able to survive more easily than a single person. I figured that out the hard way. Even if you don't like a person, if you can work together, you can get farther than if you try to get by on your own."

Crow looks down while speking the last two sentences, then he looks up. "Being on your own is not the way to help your friend, you said it yourself, you need help. The only thing i wish i will get by helping you. Now you can accept my help and I can work on getting others to help, or you don't and I walk away now. Your choice."

Ziegander
2010-10-22, 01:45 AM
"Look you seem like a nice guy and everything, so don't take this personally, but I don't trust you," Rufus says narrowing his eyes, "Regardless... you're right. I need all the help I can get and I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. For now let's get these people to safety. We can worry about the others later."

Rufus turns back and does what he can to help the evac effort, avoiding Cadit when at all possible.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-22, 10:45 AM
Crow follows and starts helping as well. He'll remain relatively silent until the evacuation is nearing completion.

firemagehao
2010-10-22, 04:20 PM
Cadit will stop for a moment, to see how the evacuation is coming along.

Zaydos
2010-10-22, 04:26 PM
The villagers direct you to carry the foodstuffs towards some caves near to town. Hopefully these caverns will prove more defensible than the open village. They're about a mile from the village, through the woods and uphill, a potentially dangerous trek.

firemagehao
2010-10-22, 04:57 PM
Cadit will load much of it into his backpack, and also try to put about 30lbs of food in a sack.

goken04
2010-10-22, 05:51 PM
"Well comrades, do we stay here in this extremely defensible position to protect the people? Or do we head back to town and fight the dragons where there is less chance of innocent casualties? What say you?"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-22, 06:45 PM
"How 'bout neither. Fighting larger dragons is suicide at this point. Let's get them in conditions where they don't have an advantage. Our best bet is to find another cave, lure the dragon in, and block it off so it can't get out. If that's not possible then fighting a dragon in an enclosed space is still our best bet."

blackmage
2010-10-22, 06:49 PM
"If we can get them on the ground, I could actually be useful. I'll ask around for other caves in the area...and a map." Avin heads off to find the headmaster again.

firemagehao
2010-10-22, 07:07 PM
"I suggest using livestock to lure the dragon down into a cave. If not that, then poultry."

Zaydos
2010-10-22, 07:26 PM
There are two other caves nearby, both too small for staying in a siege, but if you lured the dragons into them you might have the advantage. I can draw you a crude map in the dirt. Hamasim volunteers, doodling a crude map in the ground.

blackmage
2010-10-22, 07:35 PM
Avin studies the map intently for some time, gets the gist of the direction from Hamasim, then returns to the others. "We've got two possible locations nearby."

Autohypnosis check to memorize the map, taking 10 (10+13=23). Yes it's nigh-pointless, but Avin likes to memorize.

firemagehao
2010-10-22, 08:38 PM
"Do we know if the caves are occupied by anything?"

Ziegander
2010-10-24, 02:13 PM
"Honestly," Rufus scratches his head, "What are we doing sitting here mapping out battle strategies against dragons for? Let's get out of here while the getting's good."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-24, 07:02 PM
Crow shrugs, "Fighting a dragon is a challenge, but I'd be inclined to agree. The dragon's we fought are some of the weakest. Larger dragons would be much harder to kill. I do, however, think that after working to get the town evacuated, we should make sure they don't die."

firemagehao
2010-10-24, 07:32 PM
"I simply do not want to walk in with a dragon waiting."

Ziegander
2010-10-24, 10:21 PM
"Fair enough," Rufus answers and then turns to the headman as if all ears.

Zaydos
2010-10-24, 10:26 PM
"Well those caves would stop all but the smallest and most agile of dragons from flying, but they might stop you from using numbers to your advantage. Also how do you plan to get them into the caves? Dragon's aren't going to follow livestock like animals you know. The headsman says.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-24, 10:33 PM
"Aim for their pride, just call them an 'oversized flying lizard' and you can piss off even the most levelheaded dragon"

Zaydos
2010-10-24, 10:38 PM
The headsman's face turns white with fear at the idea of insulting a dragon to its face. "I-I can't say I've ever seen anyone try that... And live, he mumbles.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-24, 10:52 PM
"Where do you think i got the idea. I know it works from experience. Can't say it doesn't hurt but it works. Luckily it was one of the smaller breeds." He shrugs, pulling up a sleeve, revealing three long jagged scars down one arm, "A token of its gratitude for my comment."

firemagehao
2010-10-25, 10:19 AM
"If that is a token of gratitude, I would hate to see what would happen if they did not apreciate your effort."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-28, 07:09 PM
"So, either the caves or move on. Which would you prefer?" he asks his current 'compnions'

firemagehao
2010-10-28, 07:57 PM
"Move on, I would rather not be trapped in a cave with a dragon." Cadit replies to his 'companion.'

Ziegander
2010-10-28, 10:28 PM
With his eyes narrowed Rufus watches Cadit and merely nods and grunts in agreement, a dour expression playing over his rough features.

firemagehao
2010-11-01, 08:52 AM
"So, when do we leave?"

goken04
2010-11-01, 07:16 PM
"Are we really going to leave this town cowering in a cave from a draconic rage we helped provoke. Do you not think it best we 'finish what we started' so to speak?" Hyrex says, concern in his voice.

EdroGrimshell
2010-11-01, 07:26 PM
"I doubt it would make a difference, if it's one of the more powerful breeds we'll likely find ourselves in its gullet. Let's live to fight another day. We do more good while alive."

firemagehao
2010-11-02, 02:47 PM
Cadit turns to Hyrex, "Would you rather we left them out in the village? They will be safer in the caves. We can fight off the dragons."

blackmage
2010-11-02, 02:54 PM
Avin Hmmms. "How long do we think it would take retaliation to arrive? It's taken us this long to get out here...would we even have time to get out of this area before the dragons catch up with us? All together, in a fortified position, wouldn't this be our best chance?"

firemagehao
2010-11-07, 01:17 PM
Cadit presses his palms down upon the ground.
Making a heal check to this thread: [roll0]
Edit: he tries again, this time taking 10 for a total of 12

EdroGrimshell
2010-11-07, 01:24 PM
Cadit presses his palms down upon the ground.
Making a heal check to this thread: [roll0]
Edit: he tries again, this time taking 10 for a total of 12

I don't think it will work. It's to far gone.

firemagehao
2010-11-08, 05:00 PM
"Someone get a cleric! Quickly!"

firemagehao
2010-11-09, 04:42 PM
"A necromancer! Anyone! Oh Chronepsis, why have you forsaken me to die in this way? Lost in a world alone. Is it truly my destiny to be lost in the never ending folds of time!" Cadit yells.
He then sits down, and reads.