PDA

View Full Version : Strange attack

zyborg
2010-10-10, 01:33 PM
I heard a story from an older relative that she and her friends were playing Dungeons and Dragons (don't know what version). One of the characters was a dwarf that somehow lost his weapons, and was forced to fight something. The player asked, "what am I supposed to do, pee on it?" The dungeon master replied, "If you want to..." Surprisingly, he did, and it damaged the dragon.

Could this happen with regular rules, or was the DM 'bending' them for comedic effect and to keep a friend in the game?

Starbuck_II
2010-10-10, 01:33 PM
I heard a story from an older relative that she and her friends were playing Dungeons and Dragons (don't know what version). One of the characters was a dwarf that somehow lost his weapons, and was forced to fight something. The player asked, "what am I supposed to do, pee on it?" The dungeon master replied, "If you want to..." Surprisingly, he did, and it damaged the dragon.

Could this happen with regular rules, or was the DM 'bending' them for comedic effect and to keep a friend in the game?

What?
No, I'm pretty sure Dwarf pee isn't harmful to dragons.

OracleofWuffing
2010-10-10, 01:36 PM
Well, this was a Dwarf, so the urine was alcoholic, so conceivably...

Long story short, yeah, the DM was bending the rules.

zyborg
2010-10-10, 01:39 PM
Thought so. But I did find it funny.

EDIT: Oh, and... wow. Just... wow. Those were the fastest replies I've ever had.

Shademan
2010-10-10, 01:45 PM
depends...what kind of dragon was it?
if it was linked to a element/metal that is "weak" agains amnoiac...

Zhalath
2010-10-10, 08:54 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not very effective, unless the dwarf has some sort of ability. Hmm...

Trait: Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
Benefit: You may urinate on a target for 1d3 acid damage.
Drawback: This damage applies to you, whenever you urinate, which will be at least once a day.
Special: If you are Frank Zappa, you do not suffer the drawback of this trait. Unless, of course, you want to.