PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Trivia!!!

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-10, 02:30 PM
Post any interesting 3.5 facts here.

1. Stone Dragon is the only martial discipline usable by all three initiator classes.

Eloel
2010-10-10, 02:40 PM
2. Rogue is the only base class in core with Sneak Attack.

Trouvere
2010-10-10, 02:47 PM
3. The Archmage has Search as a class skill.

Shademan
2010-10-10, 02:55 PM
fighters who might be expected to have had guard duty dont have listen or spot as class skill

Shadowleaf
2010-10-10, 03:04 PM
Book nerds are often more dexterous than people who have trained for combat their entire lives.

Shademan
2010-10-10, 03:07 PM
Book nerds are often more dexterous than people who have trained for combat their entire lives.

years of dodging bullies and thrown objects while said warriors just rely on their HP :smalltongue:

Greenish
2010-10-10, 03:10 PM
Sleeping characters aren't unconscious, and vice versa.

An unconscious character is immune to Sleep.

Myth
2010-10-10, 03:11 PM
4. Artificer is the name for a Prestige Class for Arcane spellcasters as well as a full progression class in Eberron.

Pie Guy
2010-10-10, 03:15 PM
Pelor is actually LE.

Andraste
2010-10-10, 03:23 PM
Pelor is actually LE.

Why's that?

Zaydos
2010-10-10, 03:25 PM
5. A great wyrm red dragon's SR is only 6 above its CR; or a great wyrm red dragon gains better SR by using its HD and Awaken Spell Resistance than through its natural SR +2 from Awaken Spell Resistance.

Mordokai
2010-10-10, 03:28 PM
Pelor is actually LE.

CE, actually. Here. (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19558798/Pelor_the_Burning_Hate)

Shademan
2010-10-10, 03:34 PM
I thought that wasa just "an interpetation"?
Imean, I can prolly easily say that hextor is good. Or that Gruumsh is good!

Tavar
2010-10-10, 03:37 PM
But such allegations don't have evidence to back them up. This one does have some.

Shademan
2010-10-10, 03:38 PM
isnt gruumsh all about protecting orcs and ensuring their survival? sounds good to me.
but yeah...pelor is evil. funny.

Mordokai
2010-10-10, 03:38 PM
I agree with you. Hell, most of the so called "evidence" is circumstancial at best. But the way it is put, Pelor is put as CE, not LE, as Pie Guy claimed. I just wanted that little mistake corrected.

Shademan
2010-10-10, 03:40 PM
NONE OF US know the alignment of any of the base characters (lidda, regdar etc etc)
for all we know....they can be evil!
think about that!
imean, is pelor is evil now, Jozan must be evil... now what about the other guys?
...and girls?

Tavar
2010-10-10, 03:47 PM
isnt gruumsh all about protecting orcs and ensuring their survival? sounds good to me.
but yeah...pelor is evil. funny.

Protecting and ensuring the survival of something is not automatically good. I mean, if you look at a god who's goal is the protection and survival of murderer's, is he good, or evil? Never mind the fact that he's less about the protection and survival of the species than the domination of that species over everyone else.

Plus, at least in the standard setting, Orcs are evil, bloodthirsty conquerors. Plus, Gurmish is all for the genocide of other races. While the same could possibly said for some good deities, in the standard setting it's largely a reaction to said other races intent.

Shademan
2010-10-10, 03:49 PM
but pelor is all about how Justice and freedom are brought about through charity, modesty, perseverance, and self-sacrifice.
how can that be twisted to evil?

imean, sure...evil pelor is amusing, but the so called proof of his evilness is... not compelling

Last Laugh
2010-10-10, 03:51 PM
If you read the link to Pelor, The burning hate all will be revealed

Claudius Maximus
2010-10-10, 05:17 PM
There are rules for attacking kneeling or sitting characters: they get +2 AC vs ranged attacks and -2 vs melee attacks.

If trained for war, riding dogs get the wolf's trip attack.

Empty 8 oz flasks weigh more than full ones.

Ice Devils are immune to fire, but not cold.

Fireball is a spread effect. I bring this one up because it seems that a lot a people think it's a burst.

Tavar
2010-10-10, 05:55 PM
Being above an opponent gives you a bonus on attack rolls. This includes being mounted, if appropriate.

Dubious Pie
2010-10-10, 06:02 PM
Empty bags weigh more than ones with stuff in them.

Snake-Aes
2010-10-10, 06:12 PM
You can attack with multiple weapons without TWF penalties if you don't claim the offhand-attack array.

gorfnab
2010-10-10, 06:22 PM
Here's a thread with a listing of similar 3.5 specific trivia: You Might Be Playing 3.5 If... (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=9314.0)

LOTRfan
2010-10-10, 06:26 PM
Ice Devils are immune to fire, but not cold.

I have not realized this before... at least they have cold resistance.

Anyway, humanoids that live on the Outer Planes go to the Outer Planes when they die. Usually, this is the same Outer Plane they were native to in life.

AslanCross
2010-10-10, 08:08 PM
NONE OF US know the alignment of any of the base characters (lidda, regdar etc etc)
for all we know....they can be evil!
think about that!
imean, is pelor is evil now, Jozan must be evil... now what about the other guys?
...and girls?

Actually, I believe somebody posted statblocks for them somewhere. I do remember seeing an explicit reference in the "Description: Alignment" section of the PHB saying that Tordek, while being LG, has a greedy streak.

For the rest, I think it's easy to assume they're the 'typical' alignments for their class.

I now recall that the adventure "The Lord of the Iron Fortress" has their statblocks as premade characters, but I'm AFB.

GoatBoy
2010-10-10, 08:20 PM
Bahamut, the king of good dragons, unstoppable in combat, possessing knowledge of all existence, probably would have trouble shuffling a deck of cards (due to his dexterity score of 10).

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-10-10, 08:25 PM
If you are below 0 hit points, drowning can heal you by RAW.

Unfortunately, there is no RAW way to stop drowning.

Xefas
2010-10-10, 08:46 PM
Your average Mohrg, a big undead monstrosity that appears as a skeleton covered in reeking, fanged, intestines is just as Intimidating as your average Gnome, small, decidedly docile hill-dwelling midgets with big noses.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/0Intimidate.jpg

DarthCyberWolf
2010-10-10, 08:46 PM
Tiamat is the patron god of adventurer's.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-10, 08:56 PM
Tiamat is the patron god of adventurer's.

To Elaborate, her dogmas include adquiring power and riches, which are most adventurers motivations (yes even exalted characters want power and riches to further their exalted motives).

I also thinks it has something to do with the fact she endorses killing to further the adquisition of both of them.

Also this is more of a rumor, than an actual fact, btu I recall reading somewhere that one of the Key developers of 3.5 hated sorcerers and that is one of the reasons that they were so much shafted at the beggining of 3.5 lifespan.

Zhalath
2010-10-10, 09:34 PM
Truenamers are the only casting class based on a skill roll.
Barbarian is the only core class with a d12 HD.

There is a total defense rule. You get +6 AC but you can't attack.

Galsiah
2010-10-10, 09:54 PM
You can't put on full plate by yourself, so unless you have a buddy around you're either going naked or getting fatigued in the morning.

On a related note, you don't actually have to sleep to get the effects of resting, so feel free to wear heavy armor all the time, there are no repercussions for not sleeping either.

Kosjsjach
2010-10-10, 10:07 PM
There is a total defense rule. You get +6 AC but you can't attack.

According to the SRD, it's a +4 dodge bonus to AC (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsincombat.htm#totalDefense).

Zaydos
2010-10-10, 10:08 PM
According to the SRD, it's a +4 dodge bonus to AC (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsincombat.htm#totalDefense).

+6 if you have at least 5 ranks in Tumble.

Snake-Aes
2010-10-10, 10:11 PM
You can't put on full plate by yourself, so unless you have a buddy around you're either going naked or getting fatigued in the morning.

On a related note, you don't actually have to sleep to get the effects of resting, so feel free to wear heavy armor all the time, there are no repercussions for not sleeping either.

Correction: You can put full plate by yourself, but it must be done in the hasty manner. Hastily added armor has 1 less ac and 1 more penalty, if I recall correctly.

Scow2
2010-10-10, 10:12 PM

Actually, you can put Full Plate on by yourself, but it reduces its AC and increases ACP by 1 each

KillianHawkeye
2010-10-10, 10:17 PM
Bahamut, the king of good dragons, unstoppable in combat, possessing knowledge of all existence, probably would have trouble shuffling a deck of cards (due to his dexterity score of 10).

This has less to do with his Dexterity score and more to do with the fact that dragons lack opposable thumbs. Also, he would hardly be able to pick up a normal size deck of cards without tearing them to shreds and/or dropping them all over the place, due to his incredible size.

If Bahamut used his divine powers to assume the shape of a normal human, however, I don't think an average Dexterity would prevent him from shuffling cards.

Lhurgyof
2010-10-10, 11:17 PM
With a DC 75 tumble check you can climb walls matrix-style.

Dr.Epic
2010-10-10, 11:18 PM
It's possible to make a lawful monk with the rage ability.

Lhurgyof
2010-10-10, 11:19 PM
It's possible to make a lawful monk with the rage ability.

Orc paragon?

Dr.Epic
2010-10-10, 11:23 PM
Orc paragon?

Yes, and also...

-LN druidic avenger that takes only one level in druid and then goes monk
-Yuan-Ti broodguard template in Savage Species gets the ability

Kaje
2010-10-11, 09:48 AM
In Dark Sun, all the core races, including humans, are, bizarrely, +1 LA.

Amphetryon
2010-10-11, 09:51 AM
Yes, and also...

-LN druidic avenger that takes only one level in druid and then goes monk
-Yuan-Ti broodguard template in Savage Species gets the ability

Half-Orc Paragon
Singh Rager - OA 3.0, still legal for 3.5.

Kurald Galain
2010-10-11, 10:00 AM
The sling is a crappy weapon in 3E because the designer who wrote that hadn't heard of military slings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sling_%28weapon%29) and was thinking of a Dennis the Menace sling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slingshot).

Lhurgyof
2010-10-11, 02:06 PM
Monk is the only core non-caster that can heal itself.

Yora
2010-10-11, 02:48 PM
The Caster Level listed with magic items is not a prerequisite to create them. Almost all items can be crafted at a lower caster level without any change to its traits, except resistance to dispelling.

Akal Saris
2010-10-11, 02:57 PM
Some prestige classes exist which do not follow the normal +1, +3/4, or +1/2 BAB progression. Zhentatim Skymage, for example, goes +0/+1/+1/+2/+3.

Eloel
2010-10-11, 03:04 PM
Some prestige classes exist which do not follow the normal +1, +3/4, or +1/2 BAB progression. Zhentatim Skymage, for example, goes +0/+1/+1/+2/+3.

Either War Hulk or Hulking Hurler (can't remember) gains no BAB. At all.

Lhurgyof
2010-10-11, 03:07 PM
Either War Hulk or Hulking Hurler (can't remember) gains no BAB. At all.

Survivor from Savage Species doesn't get any either.

Zaydos
2010-10-11, 03:25 PM
Living constructs are the only subtype that exclusively uses class levels to determine their HD, skills, saves, and BAB.

Sinfonian
2010-10-11, 05:48 PM

In a closely related bit of trivia: if a fighter is wearing heavy armor and is then affected by a sleep spell, he becomes fatigued, but not until the next day.

AslanCross
2010-10-11, 06:05 PM
The ToB maneuver Wolf Fang Strike, which allows you to attack with your main hand and offhand weapon, imposes its own penalty on attacking with two weapons and overwrites the regular penalties for fighting with two weapons. As such, you do not need the Two Weapon Fighting feat in this case--and by extension, with Wolf Fang Strike, you can actually use a one-handed weapon and still only get the -2 penalty instead of the whopping -4.

Susano-wo
2010-10-11, 06:08 PM
The ToB maneuver Wolf Fang Strike, which allows you to attack with your main hand and offhand weapon, imposes its own penalty on attacking with two weapons and overwrites the regular penalties for fighting with two weapons. As such, you do not need the Two Weapon Fighting feat in this case--and by extension, with Wolf Fang Strike, you can actually use a one-handed weapon and still only get the -2 penalty instead of the whopping -4.

Damn, never thought of that! Its probably one of those if you are going to take WFS, you are going to be doing normal TWF, but still, that's funny!

Innis Cabal
2010-10-11, 06:09 PM

Considering 10 is average, I don't see your point.

Susano-wo
2010-10-11, 06:13 PM
I suppose one could assume a dex of 11 necessary to shuffle cards (and perhaps means professionally?), though I wouldn't. (I don't think I have 11 dex, and I can bridge-shuffle)

Augmented Lurk
2010-10-11, 08:42 PM
The Tarrasque and high level monks can actually hit incorporeal creatures.

Quietus
2010-10-11, 09:02 PM
Your average Mohrg, a big undead monstrosity that appears as a skeleton covered in reeking, fanged, intestines is just as Intimidating as your average Gnome, small, decidedly docile hill-dwelling midgets with big noses.

Sadly for the loss of amusing, this isn't true. Intimidate takes size into account. Therefore, the Gnome is actually at a -4 compared to the Mohrg.. until someone casts Enlarge Person on them. In which case, this is valid.

Akal Saris
2010-10-11, 09:18 PM
Bahamut has claws, so he'll have difficulty shuffling cards anyhow.

Zaydos
2010-10-11, 09:27 PM
Bahamut has claws, so he'll have difficulty shuffling cards anyhow.

Not in 3.5; dragons can use their claws for fine manipulation as easily as humans their hands.

Starscream
2010-10-11, 10:25 PM
A 20th level Rogue can be better at dodging a fireball than a 20th level fighter even if the rogue is unconscious.

The fighter, if he has a Dex of 10 and relies on his armor for AC, will have a Ref save of +6 (not counting magic items).

The unconscious rogue's Dex score doesn't matter; when knocked out you are helpless, and helpless characters are treated as having a Dex score of 0 (-5 modifier). Since the Rogue's base Ref save is +12, this leaves him with +7 (again, without magic items). Other than the zero Dex score, your ability to make Ref saves is technically unimpaired.

Of course, a Ref save is supposed to mean you dodge out of the way, and being helpless is supposed to mean you can't move at all. But the description for being helpless does not mention any effect on your Ref saves (except for the indirect one caused by your Dex score).

Shame evasion doesn't work when helpless. It would be pretty kickass to see a sleeping rogue do some sort of Matrix-like dodge as a fireball roars past, only to wake up afterward and wonder what just happened.:smallbiggrin:

raitalin
2010-10-12, 05:21 AM
Bards are proficient with whips. Aside from Monks, they are the only core class that gets an exotic weapon proficiency.

This is the most awesome thing about Bards in Core.

Also, Beguilers are proficient with Hand Crossbows.

Eloel
2010-10-12, 05:28 AM
Bards are proficient with whips. This is the most awesome thing about Bards in Core.

Of COURSE they are. Who else?

Trouvere
2010-10-12, 06:01 AM
A 1st level Str 18 Fighter with a greatsword needs to roll a 13 to hit a tiny grig so he misses it 6 times in 10. But if he wants to knock the tiny short sword from its hand, he has an overall +15 advantage on the disarm roll - so will succeed better than 96% of the time.

gorfnab
2010-10-12, 07:09 AM
Bards are proficient with whips. Aside from Monks, they are the only core class that gets an exotic weapon proficiency.

Rogues are proficient in Hand Crossbows. Hand Crossbows are exotic ranged weapons.

Monks are not proficient with Unarmed Strikes.

Eldan
2010-10-12, 08:46 AM
Sadly for the loss of amusing, this isn't true. Intimidate takes size into account. Therefore, the Gnome is actually at a -4 compared to the Mohrg.. until someone casts Enlarge Person on them. In which case, this is valid.

However, you have to take into accounts that gnomes are nice and charming, while Mhorgs are ugly. Which would make a bit of a difference.

FelixG
2010-10-12, 08:49 AM
However, you have to take into accounts that gnomes are nice and charming, while Mhorgs are ugly. Which would make a bit of a difference.

I would rather give the Mhorg a hug and punt the gnome like a football :P

Spiryt
2010-10-12, 08:55 AM
A 1st level Str 18 Fighter with a greatsword needs to roll a 13 to hit a tiny grig so he misses it 6 times in 10. But if he wants to knock the tiny short sword from its hand, he has an overall +15 advantage on the disarm roll - so will succeed better than 96% of the time.

Heh, that one actually kinda made me lol.

I guess that since nobody really often tries to disarms the midgets, it's not really bothering, but still.

Siegel
2010-10-12, 12:11 PM

Aren't there likem modifikators for beeing intimidatingly looking ? He may not be good at actively scaring people but he is scary...

erikun
2010-10-12, 01:53 PM
A 10-foot pole fits comfortably in a 5-foot space, or in a 2.5-foot cube if the holder squeezes into it. There is nothing preventing them from leaving the 10-foot pole in the 2.5-foot cube, either.

An 8-foot tall creature has not problem standing up in a 6-foot tall corridor.

Optimator
2010-10-12, 02:34 PM
Aren't there likem modifikators for beeing intimidatingly looking ? He may not be good at actively scaring people but he is scary...

Well, turns out there's a difference between scaring someone and Intimidating someone. Intimidate is a social skill that uses fear and threats to coerce someone into actually doing something you want, temporarily raising their attitude toward the intimidator to friendly. Requires a lot more... finesse than just going "Boo! Snarl!"

Togo
2010-10-12, 03:07 PM
Unlike their real-world counterparts, AD&D elephants can jump. In fact they can jump better than horses. They're also far better at climbing trees than, say, a housecat.

A blanket is enough to block line of effect, thus being an effective defence against most spell turrets, since they almost never target objects. If hung up, it can be used as cover from any spell effect that needs to target you directly. It also blocks emenations, such as antimagic field, maw of chaos, and any other effect that doesn't harm objects.

Tavar
2010-10-12, 03:31 PM
The fastest method of movement is forming a dog pile.

Aron Times
2010-10-12, 03:39 PM
Succubi have a bonus to Use Rope for bindings.

Peronally, I prefer handcuffs.:smallbiggrin:

KillianHawkeye
2010-10-12, 09:48 PM

:smallsigh::smallsigh:

That's just skill synergy from their ranks in Escape Artist, not anything inherent to Succubi. Get your mind out of the gutter!

Zaydos
2010-10-12, 09:49 PM
Use Rope is a class skill for Succubi because they have a modifier for it listed under skills in the Monster Manual even though the sample succubus has no ranks in that skill. :smalltongue:

Morithias
2010-10-12, 11:03 PM
The rogue is the only class in PHB with forgery as a class skill. Although it can be used untrained, this does mean that almost any NPC the same level as you that isn't rogue or expert can be fooled with it.

Tiktakkat
2010-10-12, 11:12 PM
If you have Handle Animal, Ride, or an applicable Profession, you can train animals to perform astounding feats, ride down enemies with abandon, or make millions in animal husbandry.
Of course if you don't have at least one 1 rank in Knowledge (nature), you will have absolutely no clue what those strange creatures you are training, riding, or breeding actually are, as you will be completely unable to identify them.

Morithias
2010-10-13, 12:39 AM
If you have Handle Animal, Ride, or an applicable Profession, you can train animals to perform astounding feats, ride down enemies with abandon, or make millions in animal husbandry.
Of course if you don't have at least one 1 rank in Knowledge (nature), you will have absolutely no clue what those strange creatures you are training, riding, or breeding actually are, as you will be completely unable to identify them.

Well technically magical beasts, are covered in Knowledge (Arcane), but the point still stands.

Dark_Nohn
2010-10-13, 01:51 AM
With a DC 75 tumble check you can climb walls matrix-style.

I haven't checked the errata, but it's 50 in the ELHB, which is completely possible to take 10 on with magical aid pre-epic levels (+15 to componence to a skill with an enchantment to armor, usually one affected by ACP such as hiding, escape artist, or moving silent, but for future reference this is a +5 studded leather of the greater katamari) with 20 skill ranks at level 17, and a minimum dexterity of 20, not making mention of any feats that would give you +2 or +3 to this check. As long as you're not distracted or threatened.

On a side note, taking the rules out of context in one way or another, you can take 10 even in combat as long as you're not within a threatened square (such as between a threatened square of a longspear wielder and the wielder himself) but you can't take 10 on a craft check if you got a ransom note the morning of (because you're threatened, in a manner of speaking.)

Morithias
2010-10-13, 01:54 AM
I haven't checked the errata, but it's 50 in the ELHB, which is completely possible to take 10 on with magical aid pre-epic levels (+15 to componence to a skill with an enchantment to armor, usually one affected by ACP such as hiding, escape artist, or moving silent, but for future reference this is a +5 studded leather of the greater katamari) with 20 skill ranks at level 17, and a minimum dexterity of 20, not making mention of any feats that would give you +2 or +3 to this check. As long as you're not distracted or threatened.

On a side note, taking the rules out of context in one way or another, you can take 10 even in combat as long as you're not within a threatened square (such as between a threatened square of a longspear wielder and the wielder himself) but you can't take 10 on a craft check if you got a ransom note the morning of (because you're threatened, in a manner of speaking.)

RAW I could see the second, but that's just taking it too far. I mean if you take quantum physics, anything could happen at anytime. So in theory you're ALWAYS threatened, by say...a black pudding randomly appearing above you even if you just looked above you 1 second ago before looking away.

And no that is not me being cheap with rule 0, that is an actual quantum theory in real life.

ranagrande
2010-10-13, 02:16 AM
If you have one level of Exemplar, you can take 10 even if you are threatened.

Morithias
2010-10-13, 02:19 AM
If you have one level of Exemplar, you can take 10 even if you are threatened.

Only on skill checks though, not for things like spells.

Dark_Nohn
2010-10-13, 02:53 AM
Bards, whom dance as their preferred perform skill, are still limited to language dependency for some of their effects.

Bakkan
2010-10-13, 04:34 AM
Ultimate Magus (Complete Mage) has Use Magic Device as a class skill even though neither of the two Core classes it is designed for get it.

Full plate armor is custom-made for the individual wearing it

Both Warlocks (at level 4) and Artificers (at level 13) gain the ability to Take 10 on Use Magic Device checks

nyjastul69
2010-10-13, 04:47 AM
Well technically magical beasts, are covered in Knowledge (Arcane), but the point still stands.

Well technically magical beasts are covered in Knowledge (Arcana), but the point still stands.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. :smallbiggrin:

Greenish
2010-10-13, 04:54 AM
There is a total defense rule. You get +6 AC but you can't attack.Total Defense is a Standard Action, and thus you can claim the AC bonus and still move. The AC bonus from Total Defense is Dodge bonus, and thus doesn't work when flat-footed, such as when balancing without 5 ranks in Balance.

If you have one level of Exemplar, you can take 10 even if you are threatened.A 6th level Devoted Spirit stance allows you to take 11 on any one d20 roll each round.

Morithias
2010-10-13, 04:54 AM
Well technically magical beasts are covered in Knowledge (Arcana), but the point still stands.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. :smallbiggrin:

Clever. Sorry for the mistype.

hmmm trivia trivia....

I'm not 100% sure this is true but.

A character with the vow of peace can one shot a construct by being attacked?

AslanCross
2010-10-13, 04:56 AM
There are, in fact, undead warforged. There is a single reference to them in The Forge of War. They are called "woeforged" and appear rusted and pitted. However, no stats for them are not given, so what they exactly are is up to the DM. The only clear description is that they are actually healed by negative energy and damaged by positive energy.

Morithias
2010-10-13, 04:58 AM
There are, in fact, undead warforged. There is a single reference to them in The Forge of War. They are called "woeforged" and appear rusted and pitted. However, no stats for them are not given, so what they exactly are is up to the DM. The only clear description is that they are actually healed by negative energy and damaged by positive energy.

...Undead Elemental I could see, but how the hell does one make an undead machine? The only thing weirder than that is an undead outsider (you know, no corpse, elemental can be semi-justified via pollution or whatever).

Trouvere
2010-10-13, 04:59 AM
There is a +2/+2 feat for every skill with the exception of Concentration (and the subdivided skills such as Knowledge and Perform).

Dark_Nohn
2010-10-13, 05:03 AM
Clever. Sorry for the mistype.

hmmm trivia trivia....

I'm not 100% sure this is true but.

A character with the vow of peace can one shot a construct by being attacked?

I would say their manufactured natural weapons (fists and arms) would blow off as though they were sundered, but that's all rule 0.

Morithias
There is a +2/+2 feat for every skill with the exception of Concentration (and the subdivided skills such as Knowledge and Perform).

There's actually a feat for craft that effectively doubles your check if you make it. I forget what it's called, but I know it does exist.

Poison is the only mundane item in dnd that is crafted in gold pieces instead of silver.

(assume weekly checks)

AslanCross
...Undead Elemental I could see, but how the hell does one make an undead machine? The only thing weirder than that is an undead outsider (you know, no corpse, elemental can be semi-justified via pollution or whatever).

Considering they're found in the Mournland, where anything goes, it's not really surprising. They could simply be powered by negative energy (like the Shadesteel Golem), and positive energy disrupts their structure. The brief description says they're "not quite undead" as warforged are "not quite living."

Keith Baker has described material being pulled off a warforged body as decaying very rapidly. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20050627a) This seems to be part of how they are 'alive.' The woeforged could have a negative energy system instead.

Morithias
2010-10-13, 05:05 AM
Considering they're found in the Mournland, where anything goes, it's not really surprising. They could simply be powered by negative energy (like the Shadesteel Golem), and positive energy disrupts their structure. The brief description says they're "not quite undead" as warforged are "not quite living."

I suppose I can kinda see that. Sort of like an electronic device that was damaged by a power surge but still functions on some level.

Dark_Nohn
2010-10-13, 05:14 AM

If they're "not quite undead" would that mean that they were created as Woeforged instead of being created as a Warforged? As for the existance of undead LIVING constructs, would the same go for those with the Incarnate Construct template? What's worse, there's undead augmented oozes, so could a Living spell become an unliving spell? WHAT HAVE SCIENCE ARCANA DONE?

nyjastul69
2010-10-13, 05:16 AM
Total Defense is a Standard Action, and thus you can claim the AC bonus and still move.

That's something that slipped under my radar. Thanks. I'm sure my Factotum will use that.

Snake-Aes
2010-10-13, 05:34 AM
That's something that slipped under my radar. Thanks. I'm sure my Factotum will use that.

If you have extra standard actions, you can use total defense and an attack/spell/whatever, indeed...
But you can't make attacks of opportunity. Total Defense denies you that for the round.

Greenish
2010-10-13, 05:54 AM
That's something that slipped under my radar. Thanks. I'm sure my Factotum will use that.It's also handy if you sport Uncanny Dodge and are afraid of an ambush.

There was a Commoner I heard of, who used Total Defense each round and his move action to Handle Animal. Probably the best a low level commoner can do in a fight.

AslanCross
2010-10-13, 06:06 AM
If they're "not quite undead" would that mean that they were created as Woeforged instead of being created as a Warforged? As for the existance of undead LIVING constructs, would the same go for those with the Incarnate Construct template? What's worse, there's undead augmented oozes, so could a Living spell become an unliving spell? WHAT HAVE SCIENCE ARCANA DONE?

Seems like something of a logic leap. Undead are almost always created off the vestiges of something alive. I think they weren't made that way--the Mourning changed them somehow.

nyjastul69
2010-10-13, 06:07 AM
Rule 0 doesn't state that DM's can house rule. That's implicit.

Rule 0. CHECK WITH YOUR DUNGEON MASTER
Your Dungeon Master (DM) may have house rules or campaign standards that vary from the the standard rules. You might also want to know what character types the other players are playing so that you can create a character that fits in well with the group.

This is from the 3.0 PH, but unless 3.5 specifically rewrites any given 3.0 rule, they are all still valid. It's also invoked so often on these boards I thought it worthy of mention.

Edit: The thing I find odd is that rule 0 makes it the players obligation to ask about house rules. The DM is not required to actually state them upfront.

Greenish
2010-10-13, 06:24 AM
Crusader is the only martial adept class with Ride as a class skill.

AslanCross
2010-10-13, 06:28 AM
Crusader is the only martial adept class with Ride as a class skill.

Yes, unfortunately.

In that same vein, Warblades have neither heavy armor proficiency nor ranged weapon proficiency.

Lhurgyof
2010-10-13, 11:35 AM
With a 100 climb check, you can climb a perfectly smooth ceiling.

Also, if you're really good at convincing yourself, you can gain fast healing.

Notreallyhere77
2010-10-13, 12:27 PM
The antitoxin is the only item in core that give an "alchemical" bonus to anything.

Even if you make the first save against poison, you still have to roll the second a minute later. This doesn't sound like trivia, but is sometimes forgotten during play.

Drow poison is a non-evil poison, because it does not deal ability damage. Only poisons that deal ability damage are considered evil because they cause pain. Other poisons are just dishonorable.

Signal whistles are the only equipment with a 1/10th lb weight. Most other small items like that have "no weight worth noting."

Cheering crowds can give combat bonuses to gladiators, but only if they like you. If you like playing the heel, you're out of luck.

It is possible to steal your own pants without noticing with a sleight of hand check, (but the DC is so high, even gods have difficulty with it).

With enough people helping, a 10th-level character should have no problem squeezing through a weak point in a wall of force, as per the epic uses of escape artist.

PersonMan
2010-10-13, 01:04 PM
If two abjuration effects are active within 10 ft of eachother for 24 hours, the DC to notice them drops by 4, as they create energy fluctuations.

This is stated in the paragraph describing the school, but isn't mentioned anywhere else.

ScionoftheVoid
2010-10-13, 03:18 PM
The Genius Loci, a monster which is massive, (practically?) immobile and which captures prey by pretending to be a piece of the landscape, has Jump as its only listed skill. Though it may not have ranks in Jump, it is still a class skill for the creature.

Morithias
2010-10-13, 05:07 PM
The Genius Loci, a monster which is massive, (practically?) immobile and which captures prey by pretending to be a piece of the landscape, has Jump as its only listed skill. Though it may not have ranks in Jump, it is still a class skill for the creature.

Could it's version of "Jump" actually be more of a "Cause earthquakes" skill?

Eloel
2010-10-13, 05:10 PM
Genius Loci doesn't jump. Earth bounces under its feet. Since it looks like it's jumping from the outside, it's simulated with Jump.

AslanCross
2010-10-13, 06:42 PM
Even if you make the first save against poison, you still have to roll the second a minute later. This doesn't sound like trivia, but is sometimes forgotten during play.

Darn, now THAT I didn't know. I thought making the first save was enough to negate it. D:

Starscream
2010-10-13, 08:36 PM

I remember when I was a newb looking through the SRD for the first time. I didn't know how skill bonuses worked, so when I saw that Nymphs are especially good with bindings, I just assumed the writers were being kinky.:smallamused:

Zhalath
2010-10-13, 08:41 PM

That's...actually pretty cool. Like reverse flesh golems.

Fun fact: if a party member rolls 4 crits in a row with a scythe, there is a 95% chance he is cheating.

Morithias
2010-10-13, 08:45 PM
That's...actually pretty cool. Like reverse flesh golems.

Fun fact: if a party member rolls 4 crits in a row with a scythe, there is a 95% chance he is cheating.

If you have improved critical which is 19-20 and can hit on every roll except one there's only a 10% chance to crit each time, which is 10000 to 1 chance to get all 4. I'd say the chance is even greater.

Chaos117
2010-10-13, 09:18 PM
In order to make your character stronger, you can die and apply the ghost template. or any number of other undead templates.

Zhalath
2010-10-13, 09:22 PM
If you have improved critical which is 19-20 and can hit on every roll except one there's only a 10% chance to crit each time, which is 10000 to 1 chance to get all 4. I'd say the chance is even greater.

He didn't have Imp Crit, and no keen weapon either.

Also, 72% of statistics are made up.

Zaydos
2010-10-13, 09:24 PM

He didn't have Imp Crit, and no keen weapon either.

Also, 72% of statistics are made up.

Also since it was 4 crits in a row, the first one could have taken 20+ tries so it shouldn't be included in the calculation which makes it a 1 in 1000 chance to get 3 consecutively after the first. Now to actually turn that into "chance they are cheating" requires info I don't have.

Also:
No creature has the Extraplanar subtype on transitive planes (including the Ethereal).

Morithias
2010-10-13, 11:55 PM
Also since it was 4 crits in a row, the first one could have taken 20+ tries so it shouldn't be included in the calculation which makes it a 1 in 1000 chance to get 3 consecutively after the first. Now to actually turn that into "chance they are cheating" requires info I don't have.

Also:
No creature has the Extraplanar subtype on transitive planes (including the Ethereal).

You're correct actually...my mistake. Thank you for correcting my mistake tactfully. Either way since it was 20 to 1 to roll, it's still 8000 to 1, not counting confirming rolls. Possible but very rare.

Zaydos
2010-10-14, 12:10 AM
You're correct actually...my mistake. Thank you for correcting my mistake tactfully. Either way since it was 20 to 1 to roll, it's still 8000 to 1, not counting confirming rolls. Possible but very rare.

I've seen four twenties in a row happen... I started fudging the dice after the 2nd one to stay away from TPK.

Morithias
2010-10-14, 02:16 AM
I've seen four twenties in a row happen... I started fudging the dice after the 2nd one to stay away from TPK.

Like I said. POSSIBLE but not likely.

dobu
2010-10-14, 04:20 AM
Haste is the only spell, that gives a dodge bonus to a saving throw (and thus stacks with everything else).

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-14, 04:55 AM
Gelatinous Cube's are not immune to acid, and therefore slowly kill themselves just by existing.

Also, if you're really good at convincing yourself, you can gain fast healing.
Howzat? :smallconfused:

PersonMan
2010-10-14, 05:58 AM
Howzat? :smallconfused:

Epic Autohypnosis, I think.

B1okHead
2010-10-14, 06:19 AM
You don't have to actually sleep for 8 hours a day; It only says resting.

Eldan
2010-10-14, 07:20 AM
There are also, as far as I know, no rules for sleep deprivation.

Which means that sleeping in armour will make you more tired than just staying awake and standing in it :smallbiggrin:

Morithias
2010-10-14, 07:51 AM
There are also, as far as I know, no rules for sleep deprivation.

Which means that sleeping in armour will make you more tired than just staying awake and standing in it :smallbiggrin:

RAW one can argue that, but unless you're playing a game with Hal 9000 as the DM you'll never pull it off. ^_^

Eldan
2010-10-14, 07:52 AM
"I want to play a kobold psion/paladin!"
"I can't let you do that, Dave."

One Step Two
2010-10-14, 07:55 AM
Actually, I have had my DM break into the song "Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer true." It was really quite terrifying.

grarrrg
2010-10-14, 07:57 AM
RAW one can argue that, but unless you're playing a game with Hal 9000 as the DM you'll never pull it off. ^_^

HAL 9000 would be a perfect GM for a Paranoia game.
He's emotionless, slightly crazy, and VERY homocidal.

Lhurgyof
2010-10-14, 08:03 AM
Epic Autohypnosis, I think.

Yep, indeed.

I always found that quite odd.

Saintheart
2010-10-14, 09:17 AM
Mielikki is the only god in the multiverse who allows her druids to wear full plate armor and not violate their spiritual oaths.

Eldariel
2010-10-14, 11:45 AM
Mielikki is the only god in the multiverse who allows her druids to wear full plate armor and not violate their spiritual oaths.

Goddess? :smallwink:

Lhurgyof
2010-10-14, 06:07 PM
Returning weapons teleport back to you- at the end of the round.

Morithias
2010-10-14, 06:16 PM

Well not really. Since they are only banned from touching metal, technically once could make it from an exotic material, like dragon skin or that special type of stone from Arms and Equipment. Since 'full plate' is more a design, than what it's made out of.

Greenish
2010-10-14, 06:18 PM
Well not really. Since they are only banned from touching metalThey're not banned from touching metal, merely from wearing metal armour. (They can still use metal weapons no problems.)

The 3.5 "plate made of stone", along with a few other non-metal armours, can be found in Races of Stone.

Dark_Nohn
2010-10-18, 05:07 PM
The defending weapon quality stacks with all other AC bonuses, which would imply that it stacks with itself. This would mean that any munchkin worth their splatbooks will automatically request that their armor, and shield, always be spiked so they can add +5 and defending to both sets of spikes for an extra 10 AC that, RAW, stacks with everything (and thus gives more than the +5 that it would normally give if the defending quality didn't stack with everything.)

Characters can only effectively wear TWO magic rings, no matter how many arms they may (or may not) have, however, theoretically you still need one digit to wear them on.

Eldariel
2010-10-18, 05:55 PM
Well not really. Since they are only banned from touching metal, technically once could make it from an exotic material, like dragon skin or that special type of stone from Arms and Equipment. Since 'full plate' is more a design, than what it's made out of.

Dragonhide is actually a core material and Dragonhide Fullplate is a specific armor in Core.

mikeejimbo
2010-10-18, 06:10 PM

Would that be your garden variety gnome?

Also, has anyone mentioned that two 10-foot poles are more expensive than a 10-foot ladder, yet? I didn't see it but I might have missed it <_<

dgnslyr
2010-10-18, 07:12 PM
The usual answer as to why ten-foot poles are expensive is something along the lines of because it's a sturdy pole, treated to be mold-resistant and water-resistant, weighted at both ends with a metal cap.

At any rate, a ten-foot pole is much more than just a long stick.

A ladder, on the other hand, isn't made with as much quality.

Not in 3.5; dragons can use their claws for fine manipulation as easily as humans their hands.

Regardless of how nimble his fingers may be, an ordinary sized deck of cards is still too small for the Platinum Dragon to shuffle in his godly form.

Greenish
2010-10-18, 07:14 PM
The usual answer as to why ten-foot poles are expensive is something along the lines of because it's a sturdy pole, treated to be mold-resistant and water-resistant, weighted at both ends with a metal cap.

At any rate, a ten-foot pole is much more than just a long stick.If it's off such quality, then why is it so much cheaper than a Masterwork Quarterstaff? Or, more comparably, MW longstaff?

Zaydos
2010-10-18, 07:14 PM
Regardless of how nimble his fingers may be, an ordinary sized deck of cards is still too small for the Platinum Dragon to shuffle in his godly form.

Not by RAW, which is silly but half the point of this thread.

Greenish
2010-10-18, 07:16 PM
That reminds me: making a very good quarterstaff is way more expensive than making a very good sword. :smallcool:

Zaq
2010-10-18, 09:23 PM
Racial bonuses stack. Yes, really.

Source: PHB p. 171.

The SRD's entry on dodge bonuses (namely, that spells and magic items never grant them) is incorrect and conflicts with DMG p. 21, which explicitly states that spells and magic items occasionally grant dodge bonuses. This should be obvious from the fact that spells like Haste exist, but still.

Valameer
2010-10-18, 09:53 PM
# Rogues can do non-lethal damage with a sneak attack delivered with a sap or unarmed strike. Unfortunately they aren't proficient in either.

# The single feat Power Attack gives more damage output with more versatility than Two Weapon Fighting, Improved Two Weapon Fighting, and Greater Two Weapon Fighting combined.

# (from another thread) The average commoner does not know what a cow is, or what they can do. It requires a knowledge: nature check DC 15. Chickens are DC 11. Remember you can't make untrained checks against DCs 10 or less.

# in total darkness, casting a darkness spell will allow you to see.

# regular oil can do the same thing as alchemist's fire for 0.5% of the cost, but it takes a full round to light first and has a 50% failure chance.

# an empty flask weighs more than a full one (that might have been mentioned already, sorry)

# in a poorly lit room with rubble on the floor (your standard dungeon), gnomes and halflings are limited to 5' movement.

# a badger can't claw through a glass window, but they can bite through it.

# a racing horse cannot damage a wooden wall, but a heavy warhorse could kick through a stone wall, given enough time. In fact, regular humans will have a very tough time ever damaging wooden objects without an axe or saw.

# you can crit and do double damage with enervation, ray of enfeeblement, searing light, scorching ray, inflict light wounds, and many other spells that require a roll to hit.

# 30% of magical weapons shed light like a torch.

# magical garments and armor almost always resize themselves to their current owner, with a few exceptions. Non-magical fullplate must be custom built.

# in a fight between a housecat and an elven warrior, the housecat has the advantage.

# an 8 gp mule is a better mount than a 30 gp pony, and arguably still better than the 100 gp war pony.

# a fighter is more intimidating than a wizard, cleric or druid :smallsmile:

# it's impossible to run a proper chase scene since everyone tends to stop dead at the end of their turn, and would take too many AoOs by continuing to move.

# although non-magical fire seems to only do around 1d6 damage per round elsewhere, the orb spells are capable of conjuring non-magical fire that does as much damage as full immersion in lava.

# a 400 lb statue falls off a second story balcony (10') and lands on you. That's ok, it was 2d6 damage. Someone drops a 1 lb gauntlet from 1400', though, and that does 20d6 damage (also as much as full immersion in lava).

# the clone spell requires a cubic inch of flesh (not dead skin, hair, nails, etc) from the person to be cloned. Ouch.

# the old folk's home is filled with the wisest, most charismatic and most intellectual slice of the population.

# slings, javelins, and heavy crossbows are simple and straight-forward to use, but a whip or hand crossbow is an enigma few will ever master.

# if you have a BAB of +1 or higher, you can unsheathe a weapon as a free action during part of a regular move. Hah, quick draw...

Akal Saris
2010-10-19, 12:29 AM
If it's off such quality, then why is it so much cheaper than a Masterwork Quarterstaff? Or, more comparably, MW longstaff?

I blame the unions and the Adventurer's cartels.

AslanCross
2010-10-19, 12:59 AM
# Rogues can do non-lethal damage with a sneak attack delivered with a sap or unarmed strike. Unfortunately they aren't proficient in either.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Rogues are proficient with all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword. Rogues are proficient with light armor, but not with shields.

As a matter of fact, they are.

Valameer
2010-10-19, 01:22 AM
As a matter of fact, they are.

Huh, that's a relief. My PHB doesn't include sap on the list, but I never noticed it wasn't there 'til last week! Scratch that one off then. :smallsmile:

AerykVyrion
2010-10-19, 01:30 AM
The harder it is for a character to hit something, the more likely it is they'll critically hit when they do.

Zaydos
2010-10-19, 01:50 AM
The harder it is for a character to hit something, the more likely it is they'll critically hit when they do.

Not true; if you need a 3 to hit with a longsword 1 in 10 of your hits will be critical hits. If you need a 4 to hit with a longsword it is still 1 in 10 of your hits that will be critical hits, in fact the same proportion will be critical hits (1 in 10) for any number equal or less than your critical threat range since while the number the proportion that are critical threats goes up (if you need a nat 20 to hit 100% of your attacks will be critical threats) the proportion that confirm said critical threat goes down (if you need a nat 20 to hit only 5% of your critical threats will be critical hits).

Conversely if you are wielding a keen rapier (30% critical threat chance) and require a 16 or higher to hit (25% chance of hitting) 100% of your hits will be threats, but only 25% of those will be critical hits; meanwhile if you need a 9 to hit 50% of your hits will be critical threats but 60% of those will be critical hits (or 30% of your hits will be critical hits, compared to 25% with needing a 16 to hit).

Edit: On the other hand it is true for every edition that does not use critical confirmation rules (i.e. 4e, and I think 2e and earlier all only had critical confirmation as an optional variant rule).

Edit2: Note though the percentage of your hits that are successful critical hits is always equal to your percent chance of getting a critical threat on a d20 (as a critical threat not only has to roll within the threat range but also hit to be a threat).

SilverLeaf167
2010-10-19, 02:06 AM
-snip- wielding a keen rapier (30% critical threat chance) and require a 16 or higher to hit (25% chance of hitting) -snip-
Actually, keen rapiers have a threat range of 15-20. Normally, it's 18/19/20, so three numbers. Keen doubles the amount of numbers that cause a critical hit, so it's six numbers: 15/16/17/18/19/20
Catch my drift?

# Mielikki is a Finnish name (though rarely used these days)
# Loviatar is the name of an old Finnish goddess of the Underworld

AerykVyrion
2010-10-19, 02:15 AM
Not true; if you need a 3 to hit with a longsword 1 in 10 of your hits will be critical hits. If you need a 4 to hit with a longsword it is still 1 in 10 of your hits that will be critical hits, in fact the same proportion will be critical hits (1 in 10) for any number equal or less than your critical threat range since while the number the proportion that are critical threats goes up (if you need a nat 20 to hit 100% of your attacks will be critical threats) the proportion that confirm said critical threat goes down (if you need a nat 20 to hit only 5% of your critical threats will be critical hits).

Conversely if you are wielding a keen rapier (30% critical threat chance) and require a 16 or higher to hit (25% chance of hitting) 100% of your hits will be threats, but only 25% of those will be critical hits; meanwhile if you need a 9 to hit 50% of your hits will be critical threats but 60% of those will be critical hits (or 30% of your hits will be critical hits, compared to 25% with needing a 16 to hit).

Edit: On the other hand it is true for every edition that does not use critical confirmation rules (i.e. 4e, and I think 2e and earlier all only had critical confirmation as an optional variant rule).

Edit2: Note though the percentage of your hits that are successful critical hits is always equal to your percent chance of getting a critical threat on a d20 (as a critical threat not only has to roll within the threat range but also hit to be a threat).

Oh, right, confirmation rolls. I had read that factoid somewhere and just remembered it now... either they were wrong or they were speaking of a different edition. I guess that's what I get for not double-checking. :smallredface:

Eldan
2010-10-19, 02:44 AM
# Mielikki is a Finnish name (though rarely used these days)
# Loviatar is the name of an old Finnish goddess of the Underworld

According to On Hallowed Ground, Mielikki is also a finnish godess.

SilverLeaf167
2010-10-19, 02:49 AM
Hmm, can't remember that one.
Google...
Oh, right. She was the wife of Tapio, the king of the forest. Well, not really one of the big three:
Ukko Overgod of Thunder
Ahti God of Water
Tapio God of Forests

PopcornMage
2010-10-19, 02:54 AM
They're all in the Finnish section of Deities and Demigods.

SilverLeaf167
2010-10-19, 02:58 AM
Great, now I really have to read the book. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Argh, it's in some older edition of the book.

Eldariel
2010-10-19, 03:22 AM
According to On Hallowed Ground, Mielikki is also a finnish godess.

Correct, she's even mentioned in the Nightwish song "Elvenpath". She was the wife (or daughter-in-law, depending on the version) of Tapio, king of the forest, and was the goddess of forests and hunt. Indeed, hunters had to sometimes sing and speak loudly in an tempting fashion to Mielikki for her to grant them prey. She was especially prayed for for small game. Apparently she also had a hand in the creation of bear (Tapio's title is "Bearking").

And yes, as "Elvenpath" suggests, she was also healer of some kind though closer to the herbalists than any faith healers; she tended to animals, and humans who knew well enough to ask for her help. And yeah, her healing powers were apparently all in knowing the herbs; "song" was apparently not even involved. Apparently her name derives from "mielu", "luck" (funny how that root has nowadays basically just come to mean "pleasant", "delightful" or such). And again, as the song suggests, "bluecloak" was her title. Also "delightful hostess of the forest" as it would be directly translated.

And umm, this has been your daily unwanted information bomb. Have a nice day.

@Silver: Might want to give Kalevala a runthrough at some point. Ilmarinen and Vellamo could probably count up there too, for example :smallbiggrin: And of course, you could make a case for Seppo, given he forged the sky and all. Though amusingly enough, some versions of the myth see him as a mortal.

PopcornMage
2010-10-19, 03:28 AM
EDIT: Argh, it's in some older edition of the book.

I'd taunt you by flaunting my copy around, but I got the edition that's even better than the regular one.

Sure it only cost me 9 bucks, but...it's too precious to sully.

Koury
2010-10-19, 03:50 AM
Amongst other things, a spell component pouch contains hair pieces and/or nail clippings of everyone in the multiverse, including deities.

Runestar
2010-10-19, 05:44 AM
The Tarrasque and high level monks can actually hit incorporeal creatures.

No they can't. Their natural weapons only count as magical for purposes of overcoming dr, you need an actual +1 weapon to be capable of hurting incorporeal foes. This is why allips are so potent against tarrasques. :smallamused:

My contribution - in the "Bastion of Lost Souls" module, Ashardalon's hoard contains a +5 dragonbane sword. Only problem that as a half-fiend red dragon, he is an outsider, and so the sword is no as effective against him. Oddly enough, the weapon does help against ammet, the half-dragon balor (which is of the dragon type). :smallbiggrin:

Zaydos
2010-10-19, 07:51 AM
Actually, keen rapiers have a threat range of 15-20. Normally, it's 18/19/20, so three numbers. Keen doubles the amount of numbers that cause a critical hit, so it's six numbers: 15/16/17/18/19/20
Catch my drift?

Yep hence I said a 30% chance of a critical threat, but only a 25% chance of hitting; as each number on a d20 is the equivalent of a 5% chance and you quoted the example for when your accuracy was less than your threat range.

Lhurgyof
2010-10-19, 11:26 AM
With a high enough balance check, you can walk on a cloud.

Diplomacy only works on NPCs

You can preform by making a sleight of hand check to juggle.

Fascinate can't be done in combat.

The more attack chances you have, the more grapple checks you can make to deal damage.

You have to beat a jump check DC by 5 or more to be standing at the end of it.

No matter how much nonlethal damage you deal somebody, they won't die.

Hydras and Trolls aren't susceptible to heat conditions, because they deal nonlethal damage, which they are immune to. (Even nonlethal fire damage)

Zaydos
2010-10-19, 11:37 AM
You have to beat a jump check DC by 5 or more to be standing at the end of it.

Only if you are untrained in Jump, if you have one rank you just need to beat the DC.

Hydras and Trolls aren't susceptible to heat conditions, because they deal nonlethal damage, which they are immune to. (Even nonlethal fire damage)

No they aren't. Trolls are fully susceptible to nonlethal damage (its just they convert non-fire/acid damage to non-lethal damage) and hydras have absolutely no resistance to nonlethal damage. Also note there are heat conditions (presented in Sandstorm) which deal lethal damage.

Lhurgyof
2010-10-19, 11:50 AM
Only if you are untrained in Jump, if you have one rank you just need to beat the DC.

No they aren't. Trolls are fully susceptible to nonlethal damage (its just they convert non-fire/acid damage to non-lethal damage) and hydras have absolutely no resistance to nonlethal damage. Also note there are heat conditions (presented in Sandstorm) which deal lethal damage.

Well, you know what I meant, how the nonlethal heat damage doesn't work for stopping regeneration.

Morithias
2010-10-19, 11:52 AM
HAL 9000 would be a perfect GM for a Paranoia game.
He's emotionless, slightly crazy, and VERY homocidal.

.....Best...idea...ever....

Someone program a Hal 9000 AI.

Zaydos
2010-10-19, 12:04 PM
Well, you know what I meant, how the nonlethal heat damage doesn't work for stopping regeneration.

The funny thing is hydra's ability doesn't say it has to be lethal so RAW nonlethal damage works if it is fire.

Lhurgyof
2010-10-19, 12:05 PM
The funny thing is hydra's ability doesn't say it has to be lethal so RAW nonlethal damage works if it is fire.

Wow, that sure is trivia. xD

n00b killa
2010-10-19, 02:58 PM
-You allways have a better chance of hitting someone if you activate Rapidshot than if you don't (Except if you need an 18 to hit on regular attack)

Eloel
2010-10-19, 03:12 PM
-You allways have a better chance of hitting someone if you activate Rapidshot than if you don't (Except if you need an 18 to hit on regular attack)

Only relevant if you're not full attacking.

Tavar
2010-10-19, 03:14 PM
Only horses/animal's with hoof attacks can damage someone by using the overrun action, and even that takes a feat. So, you, a medium sized humanoid, can get overrun by a Colossal Great Wyrm dragon, and only be knocked down. In fact, you just might be able to damage it instead.