PDA

View Full Version : Persistent Attacker Feat Question

Jobin
2010-10-10, 07:06 PM
Can you use persistent attacker feat in CSco over and over again? For example after your first attack you give up d6's making the your first attack next round a sneak attack, give up d6's again to get it on your next round.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-10-10, 08:55 PM
It doesn’t forbid using Ambush feats on the subsequent sneak attack. I’d say it’s possible.

I don’t think it’s broken either. You lose 4d6 damage, and any miss will break the chain, making you have to re-establish regular sneak attack conditions. I’d go for it.

Jobin
2010-10-11, 09:00 AM
Thanks.. now I have to figure out if its worth it or not :)

Coidzor
2010-10-11, 11:23 AM
Yeah, generally the greater damage and bonus to hit from flanking is preferable. As then the thing being flanked has to prioritize which of its flankers to target.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-10-11, 12:00 PM
Yeah, generally the greater damage and bonus to hit from flanking is preferable. As then the thing being flanked has to prioritize which of its flankers to target.
If the sneak attack hit, it’ll probably go for the rogue. Not that hard, really. :smallamused:

Obviously, this feat is most useful if for some reason the victim actually targeted the rogue’s flanking buddy and actually dropped said flanking buddy. Without a flanking buddy, it will be a decision between gimped sneak attack or no sneak attack.

Jobin
2010-10-11, 03:23 PM
Obviously, this feat is most useful if for some reason the victim actually targeted the rogue’s flanking buddy and actually dropped said flanking buddy. Without a flanking buddy, it will be a decision between gimped sneak attack or no sneak attack.

I was thinking of combos to use with it such as Maiming Strike or Staggering Strike and Craven will be there to deal extra damage while im taking away d6's