PDA

View Full Version : Some ramdom musings about Rogues and manoubers.(3.5)

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-10, 09:29 PM
Tier and Power wise, how much would it change if the rogue had the Warblades manouber progression, access to Shadow Hand and Diamond Mind Disciplines, and instead of having +1d6 SA every two levels, +1d6 every three levels?

HunterOfJello
2010-10-10, 09:35 PM
Well, if you're trying to make a ToB version of the rogue then I would start with the Psychic Rogue (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723b) (a rogue mixed with psion stuff), remove all the psionic stuff and then do a slow progression of maneuvers with 3 or 4 schools and the swordsage + Adaptive Style method of renewing maneuvers.

Shadow Hand, Diamond Mind and Stone Dragon could be appropriate.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-10, 09:47 PM
Not really, I was just thinking on how to boost one of my favorite classes to tier 3.

I actually read the psychic rogue before posting to check it's SA progression since I recalled it had it slower than normal rogues.

Also if you give access to three schools, which ones do you suggest? in my mind Shadow Hand (obviously) and Diamond Mind (the idea of concentrating to make the best out of an oponent seems pretty similiar to what I flavor my rogues as) are the most fitting.

SurlySeraph
2010-10-10, 10:04 PM
Something like this? (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Tome_of_Battle_Core_Class_Update) I have no experience with it myself, but Fax's stuff tends to be pretty balanced.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-10, 10:05 PM
:facepalm: now I know where I got that idea from, someone linked to that in a recruitment thread a few weeks ago...:smallredface:

Thanks anyway, now I need to book mark that.

KillianHawkeye
2010-10-10, 10:09 PM
Unrelated question: what's up with "manoubers"? :smallconfused:

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-10, 10:10 PM
Unrelated question: what's up with "manoubers"? :smallconfused:

:smallsigh: Apparently me, not knowing how to spell properly.

KillianHawkeye
2010-10-10, 10:18 PM
:smallsigh: Apparently me, not knowing how to spell properly.

I dunno, I swear I've seen that spelling somewhere else recently. Unless you've made multiple threads about the subject?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-10, 10:20 PM
I think I have always spelled it like that, and since I am quite pro Tome of Batltle, I usually post on threads about it, so it is a big possibility that you have seen my posts on the subject.

Mongoose87
2010-10-11, 12:08 AM
I dunno, I swear I've seen that spelling somewhere else recently. Unless you've made multiple threads about the subject?

I've seen it before, as well.

jpreem
2010-10-11, 06:43 AM
B is next to V on most keyboards. ( Cpt. Obvious to the rescue).
Other part is probably because maneuver is spelled wrongly as manouver.
( Manouver actually looks quite legit doesn't it( for at least to me as a non-native speaker))

KillianHawkeye
2010-10-12, 08:15 AM
B is next to V on most keyboards. ( Cpt. Obvious to the rescue)

Sorry, I have little sympathy for people that don't know how to type. The Internet's been around for 20 years! Unless there are extenuating circumstances*, there's no reason you can't look over your post before hitting "submit" to make sure you haven't typed anything crazy or stupid.

*NOTE: Includes English not being one's native language.

P.S.: I am drunk right now and I looked over this post 3 times to make sure everything was typed correctly. Do what you gotta do, people!

Person_Man
2010-10-12, 08:41 AM
You can pretty much accomplish that with Human Rogue 1/Warblade or Swordsage 19 with Able Learner and Craven.

Gnorman
2010-10-12, 09:46 AM
Also, ramdom? (not to be a total jerk or anything, but just imagine the thread title being read by Will Ferrell doing an impression of Harry Caray and it's really funny)

true_shinken
2010-10-12, 09:50 AM
Actually, if you're doing something like this, I'd get Rogues some custom discipline. Every ToB class has their 'unique' disciplines (Swordsags get two!), Rogue should get it too.