PDA

View Full Version : ToDE exhibition match, Jarian vs Toptomcat

Jarian
2010-10-11, 08:45 PM
Changed my mind slightly.

Map:http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/ArenaManager/Arenas/02-lava_arena.png

I'll start on red, you start on blue.

Buff round, observers only:Activate Dance of Swords, activate Sever Gravity, fly up 30 feet. Starting location: Z-10.

Jarian
2010-10-11, 08:47 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Jarian
2010-10-11, 08:49 PM
Okay... Lucky Start, just because it couldn't get any worse. [roll0]

Toptomcat
2010-10-11, 08:54 PM
Either we're both inexplicably Large in that diagram, those are 2.5 foot squares, or we're allowed to start in any one of the four available squares. Which is it?

Jarian
2010-10-11, 08:57 PM
Any of the four.

Toptomcat
2010-10-11, 09:08 PM
I'm afraid I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get this seriously under way. Must get some sleep.

Jarian
2010-10-12, 09:51 AM
Observers:Minor changes to readied incantations before the match starts.

Disruptive Discharge -> Greater Blinkplate

Unleash the Sun -> Superior Blinkplate

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 12:45 PM
Buff round, observers only:
Persistent spells and long-term buffs are as noted on the character sheet with the exception of Greater Status, but cleric spell selection is different, as follows:
0-level: 6 (Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Mending, Read Magic)
1st level: 7 + 1 (Bless, Entropic Shield, Shield of Faith, Blessed Aim, Conviction x2, Resurgence, Magic Aura)
2nd level: 7 + 1 (Divine Insight, Guidance of the Avatar, Soul Ward x2, Close Wounds, Body Ward x2, Identify)
3rd level: 7 + 1 (Magic Vestment x2, Vision of the Omniscent Eye, Restoration, Girallon's Blessing, Crown of Smiting, Footsteps of the Divine, Dispel Magic)
4th level: 5 + 1 (Greater Magic Weapon, Spell Immunity, Delay Death, Death Ward, Freedom of Movement, Imbue with Spell Ability)
5th level: 5 + 1 (Surge of Fortune, Righteous Might, True Seeing, Swift Etherealness, Divine Retribution, Spell Resistance)
6th level: 4 + 1 (Persistent Chasing Perfection [DMM], Superior Resistance, Heal, Greater Dispel Magic, Antimagic Field)
7th level: 3 + 1 (Persistent Divine Favor, Persistant Shield of Faith, Holy Word, Spell Turning)
8th level: 1 + 1 (Persistent Stormrage [DMM], Protection from Spells)
Sophia and Logos are bound to Karsus and Focalor respectively. Sophia has the bane type set to Humanoid (planetouched), and is providing Defending and an additional +1 to enhancement bonus rather than Toxic or Assasination. That additional point of enhancement bonus is being applied to AC, not attack. Logos is providing another six points of enhancement bonus rather than Heavy Fortification or Death Ward.

Swordsage maneuvers prepared: Counter Charge, Action Before Thought, Sudden Leap, Distracting Ember
Crusader maneuvers readied:
1 Foehammer
2 White Raven Tactics
3 Shield Counter
4 Strength Draining Strike
5 Stalker in the Night
6 One with Shadow
7 Stone Vise
Stance taken: Aura of Perfect Order

Buff round:
Jeremy
Cast Surge of Fortune (standard), activate Law Devotion (swift). Law Devotion applied to AC, not attack.
Crusader maneuvers granted: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] EDIT: One with Shadow, Stone Vise, Shield Counter, Strength Draining Strike
Anias
Manifest Touchsight, augmented to 70' radius (7 pp) (standard)
Sophia and Logos
Sophia begins projecting senses aura (swift), Sophia begins focusing on Karsus' Senses (standard)
Current AC is 63 (10 +8 armor, +2 shield, +9 enhancement (armor), +3 enhancement (shield), +1 Dex, +7 Swordsage AC bonus, +4 deflection, +2 natural +7 insight +7 sacred +2 luck +1 Defending weapon)
Current saves are +24/+21/+31 Fort/Ref/Will
10/10 rounds remain on Law Devotion
10/10 rounds remain on Surge of Fortune

Initiative:
Jeremy: Attempt to cast Nerveskitter, spell failure chance (high fails) [roll4]. [roll5], possibly +5 for Nerveskitter. Edit: Success, initiative 30.
Anias: [roll6]
Sophia and Logos: [roll7]

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 01:07 PM
Jeremy concentrates momentarily, then takes off like a shot towards his opponent, legs pumping with furious activity as he skirts the north edge of the lava pool.
"I've never fought a swordmage before. This should be very interesting."
(Move to H6 from B10.)

Observers only:
Jeremy: Use Haste SLA as a standard action: move 60' from H6 to B10 as a move action: activate Necklace of Tears for three charges as a swift action.
Sophia and Logos: Logos readies action to use Focalor's lightning attack when the opponent is in range (standard): logos begins projecting Energy Shield aura (swift)

Jarian
2010-10-12, 01:25 PM
You opponent, a not-quite-old-but-getting-there human-appearing woman with just a hint of the celestial about her, is floating in midair near her starting position. She wears naught but a robe of Pelor's faith, along with the usual gaudy accessories of an adventurer. One hand holds a length of black chain that seems to twitch of its own accord every now and then. Four longswords - one ablaze, one dripping acid, one with a blade covered in frost, and one sparking madly - spin around her body in a deadly orbit.

The woman does... something - it's not quite a spell, but it's close - and a shimmering field of force briefly surrounds her before fading away. At the same time, she begins to fade in and out of the material plane. She drifts closer to you, then prepares herself for an attack.

Spellcraft DC 22:The SLA was Superior Blinkplate.

Observers:Nidra manifests without display Intellect Fortress, augmented to 11 PP.

Adison began in Z-10 +30, and flew to S-3 +40. What special vision qualities do you currently possess?

Turn complete either way.

Edit: Observers:Readied action to use Tempest Attrition if Adison is attacked.

Nidra is currently granting a +1 bonus and the Morphing, Impaling, Wounding properties. The 'chain' is a rapier at present.

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 02:02 PM
I have two creatures looking out of the same set of eyes, both of whom are able to make independent Spot checks at +10 and +17 for what is seen, Touchsight out to a 70' radius, low-light vision, and darkvision 60'. Midround I also begin to have my 30' start-at-round-2 Detect Magic radius sense.

The woman feels an iron grip wrap around her, stifling her movements and pinning her arms to her sides.
(Telekinetic grapple attempt: [roll0])

Jeremy himself briefly prays to the Dark-Eyed Lady, bolstering himself once more- then suddenly shoots upward, moving at remarkable speed.

(Cast a spell, then fly to M3+40.)

Spellcraft DC 16
The spell cast is Conviction.

Turn complete.

Observers only:
Anias manifests Sense Link, augmenting to 7 pp to share both sight and touchsight: he then uses Quicken SLA to telekinetically grapple as a swift action. Jeremy casts Conviction, then moves up with his Haste-boosted flight speed. Sophia begins focusing on Karsus' Senses.
Current saves are +28/+25/+35 Fort/Ref/Will
9/10 rounds remain on Law Devotion
9/10 rounds remain on Surge of Fortune

Jarian
2010-10-12, 02:12 PM
"A-aah!"

Opposed grapple: [roll0]

"Foul... nngh! Foul! Fight me like a man you coward!"

The woman barks a short command, instantly disappearing from the clutches of the invisible grasp only to reappear ten feet closer to you.

(Activate Anklet of Translocation, teleport to Q-3 +45.)

Turn not complete.

Jarian
2010-10-12, 02:28 PM
You feel something try to rip away any magical defenses you may have.

Dispel checks, use in order as needed:[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]

Observers:Manifest without display Dispel Psionics, augmented by 9 pp, overchanneled by 3 for [roll21] backlash damage to Nidra.

Also note that you're within range of my Ring of Spell-battle, making me automatically aware of any casting (and, with the transparency rules, manifesting too, I assume) that goes on within 60 feet of me, even if I could not normally detect it.

Turn not complete, waiting to see if there are any visible changes after the dispel attempt.

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 04:26 PM
A 30 or more is required to dispel any of my buffs (Ring of Enduring Arcana), except for my GMW from the Tooth of Leraje, for which a 31 is required. The seventh and eleventh dispel attempts succeed. My buffs, in order of spell level:

1 Stormrage 8th
2 Divine Favor 7th
3 Shield of Faith 7th
4 Greater Resistance (24 hours) 6th
5 Chasing Perfection 6th
6 Surge of Fortune 5th
7 Greater Magic Weapon (on Halberd) (+5 bonus) (twenty-hour) (from Tooth of Leraje) (CL 20) 4th
8 Magic Vestment (on full plate) (+3 bonus) (fifteen-hour) 3rd
9 Magic Vestment (on shield) (+3 bonus) (fifteen-hour) 3rd
10 Haste 3rd
11 Divine Insight (fifteen-hour) 2nd
12 Iron Silence (on full plate and companions' armor) (fifteen-hour) 2nd
13 Undetectable Alignment (24 hours) 2nd
14 Conviction 1st

Greater Magic Weapon and Divine Insight dispelled.

Nothing visible changes.

Jarian
2010-10-12, 05:00 PM
The woman disappears again, only to reappear directly in front of you, already plunging a dagger of force toward your face.

Spellcraft DC 17 reveals:Blink Dagger.

Appearing in N-3 +45.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] force damage.

The chain in her other hand writhes as if alive, striking out toward you with two lightning fast attacks. At the last moment, the links at the end meld together to form a viciously barbed point.

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
If it hits:You take one point of constitution damage.

Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

If the attack or teleport is not impeded in some way:The longswords whirling about her body attack you once each as they spin about the woman's body. These attacks take no action on the woman's part.

Fire longsword: [roll6] for [roll7] force damage, plus [roll8] fire damage.

Ice longsword: [roll9] for [roll10] force damage, plus [roll11] cold damage.

Acid longsword: [roll12] for [roll13] force damage, plus [roll14] acid damage.

Electric longsword: [roll15] for [roll16] force damage, plus [roll17] electric damage.

Additionally, she conjures a pair of spiked gauntlets from thin air and strikes at you with them.

Spellcraft DC 17 reveals:Bleed Out.

[roll18] for [roll19] force damage.
[roll20] for [roll21] force damage.

If both attacks hit, you take continuing damage equal to half the total damage dealt each round until you succeed on a DC 23 fort save.

The chain continues to attack you.

Attack: [roll22]
Damage: [roll23]

Attack: [roll24]
Damage: [roll25]

If that attack goes off without issue:With a flick of her wrist, the woman summons a bar of liquid fire, quickly spinning in place to attack all around her.

Spellcraft DC 18 reveals:Burn.

Take [roll26] fire damage, or half that on a DC 24 reflex save.

The chain attacks you again.

Attack: [roll27]
Damage: [roll28]

Attack: [roll29]
Damage: [roll30]

If that attack goes off without issue:The woman conjures a needle-thin rapier of force and offers you a warrior's salute. As she does, the chain in her other hand dissipates into a thin mist.

Spellcraft DC 20 reveals:Tempest Attrition.

Turn complete if you reached this point.

Edit: Chain attacks deal magic and piercing damage.

Observers:Activating Arcanized Weaponry on Tempest Attrition.

Edit2: All attack rolls should be 1 higher for having higher ground.

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 05:52 PM
The young man takes a hand off his polearm for an instant and takes care of the dagger with a swift forearm block. He brings the heavy head of the halberd up to deflect the barbed chains with one hand, and dodges all four of the longswords with a beautiful little aerobatic maneuver. The spiked gauntlets come out of nowhere but crash on a field of magical force inches from his face, and the chain finds its renewed attack stymied as his animated shield interposes itself. The bar of flame washes across him completely harmlessly: the barbed chain propels itself at his face for one last time, and he waits until the last possible instant before slipping his head to the side. When the salute comes, he jauntily returns it.

"What an extraordinary martial technique! I'm almost sorry to have shut all that down, it was a thing of beauty- but my Lady of Book and Bone would be most upset if I let my handsome face be marred. I'm sure you understand."

(All of those attacks miss my AC, except for the fire, which I am immune to.)

Jeremy kicks off of one of the floating swords, sending him drifting upwards: then, with a mighty battle cry, he streaks back down at his opponent, seeking to finish the fight in a single blow.

(Swift action: use Sudden Leap to move back 20 ft (auto-success on Jump). Full-round action: charge, use Law Bearer strike. Attack is Crusader smite. Turning attempt burned: Divine Fury activated. Turning attempt burned: stance set to Leading the Charge as a swift action. Power Attacking for -15 AC (Heedless Charge). Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] slashing)

Jarian
2010-10-12, 06:00 PM
Firstly, Tempest Attrition parry attempt: [roll0] <- Failed.

"No."

That simple word is all the woman has time for before wings of force sprout from her back, closing around her just in time to turn aside the blow. They disappear an instant later, leaving her unscathed.

Spellcraft DC 20 reveals:Daggerwing.

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 06:31 PM
(Burn a turn attempt for the swift action to activate my Belt of Battle.)
Jeremy turns and smiles, pleasantly surprised to see his opponent still alive and upright.
"Extraordinary!"
Like a bolt of lightning striking twice, he returns along the same axis-reaching the woman again before the last feather from her sudden wings has faded. His halberd moves like quicksilver...
Reallocate bonus from Law Devotion from AC to attack.
(Charge and Pounce-full attack. Since this doesn't come from a jumping descent onto my target, my Battle Jump damage multiplier doesn't apply, nor does my of Vaulting multiplier or my Leap Attack PA multiplication. Power Attacking for -15 AC (Reckless Charge).
Attack 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3] Damage: [roll4] + [roll5]
Attack 3: [roll6] Damage: [roll7] + [roll8]
Attack 4: [roll9] Damage: [roll10] + [roll11]

Jarian
2010-10-12, 06:33 PM
...Oh.

Parry for your LIFE, Adison!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Edit: I'm blinking, as the Greater Blink spell. Do you have a way to totally bypass the miss chance?

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 06:34 PM
(It looks like Attack 2 gets through, and is a critical threat to boot. Confirm: [roll0] Additional damage: [roll1])
EDIT: Would Ghost Touch do it?

Jarian
2010-10-12, 06:39 PM
I don't believe so. You need a force effect to reach the ethereal plane, or a weapon such as an Ethereal Reaver.

50% miss chance, or 20% if you can see invisible creatures. Blind-fight and the like don't help, since I cease to exist on the material plane briefly during each blink.

I believe this negates touchsight as well, as ethereal creatures are insubstantial.

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 07:33 PM
Then there's nothing for it but to roll. 51-100 misses.
[roll0] Edit: Lucky little...

Jarian
2010-10-12, 07:47 PM
Rapier darting in a flurry of defensive stabs and parries, the woman just barely manages to avoid a nearly fatal blow as her armor shifts her to another plane for the merest of moments. Upon returning, she responds with a flurry of her own attacks: first a bronze-tipped quarterstaff aimed at her opponent's stomach, then a shield of rubies and quartz, and finally a shuriken that seems to rip the air itself into a tempest, delivering a tornado-force blast.

Attack 1:

Spellcraft DC 21:Stun

Damage: [roll1] force damage
Regardless of whether it hits or misses: [roll2] electric damage, reflex DC 27 half, and a fort save DC 27 or be stunned for one round.

Attack 2:

Spellcraft DC 23:Ruby Prison

Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] force damage
On hit:You are trapped inside a ruby-colored Forcecage effect, as the windowless cell version, except that it is perfectly sized to fit you. You have no line of sight or effect out of the cage.

Attack 3 (only if attack 2 misses):

Spellcraft DC 20:Winter's Breath

Attack:[roll5]
Damage: [roll6] force damage + [roll7] cold damage.
On hit:Reflex save, DC 26, or be affected as if you failed a save against a Huge Air Elemental's whirlwind.
On miss:[roll8] checking...

Which, if any, hit?

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 07:52 PM
As the first attack closes in, Jeremy's eyes widen as he finds himself caught thoroughly off-guard-but just before the staff touches his stomach, he winks out with a flash of light, reappearing ten feet above his present position.
(On the first attack, he Abrupt Jaunts out as an immediate action. Can your flurry continue following that?)

Jarian
2010-10-12, 07:54 PM
I can, with different attacks. Assuming the modifiers are the same, should I keep the same rolls, or roll them again?

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 08:00 PM
Go ahead. I'll Jaunt them too- I've got two more Abrupt Jaunts in the tank, and I'll generate the actions I need to use them with Divine Impetus, leaving me at two turn attempts left.

Jarian
2010-10-12, 08:45 PM
Piercing Spear and Winter's Breath were the attacks I would use.

My turn then?

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 09:01 PM
That full attack was your turn, wasn't it?
EDIT: OH. Those were the counterattacks from my charge? Good Lord.
Okay, rather than Jaunting the other two I'll have Anias Intellect Fortress them, eat the other half of the damage and make my save.

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 09:10 PM
Aaargh. I keep using those nonexistant [dice] tags.
Reflex save: [roll0]

Jarian
2010-10-12, 09:12 PM
In that case, Piercing Spear damage, replacing attack 2, as you were too far away to hit with that one: [roll0]

Attack ignores all DR other than epic, though I don't think that applies to Intellect Fortress.

Edit: And that makes it my turn then, yes?

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 09:17 PM
Yeah, Intellect Fortress isn't DR. It is indeed your turn.
Observers:
21 damage dealt: 3 temporary Hit Points remain.
Anias: readied action to telekinetically bull rush Adison away the moment she starts her first attack.

Jarian
2010-10-12, 09:40 PM
You are subjected to another round of dispelling.

Dispel checks, use as needed:[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

Observers:Nidra manifests without display Dispel Psionics, overchanneled by 3 ([roll16] backlash), augmented by 9 pp.

Turn not complete. Any visible change?

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 09:46 PM
Nope.

Observers:
Ouch. The second, third, fifth, seventh, eighth, and eleventh dispel attempts succeed. My buffs, in order of spell level:

1 Stormrage 8th
2 Divine Favor 7th (dispelled)
3 Shield of Faith 7th (dispelled)
4 Greater Resistance (24 hours) 6th
5 Chasing Perfection 6th (dispelled)
6 Surge of Fortune 5th
7 Magic Vestment (on full plate) (+3 bonus) (fifteen-hour) 3rd (dispelled)
8 Magic Vestment (on shield) (+3 bonus) (fifteen-hour) 3rd
9 Haste 3rd
10 Iron Silence (on full plate and companions' armor) (fifteen-hour) 2nd
11 Undetectable Alignment (24 hours) 2nd (dispelled)
12 Conviction 1st

Jarian
2010-10-12, 10:05 PM
Something I've been failing to note so far: Adison strikes as an invisible creature while blinking, denying your dex to AC. I don't want to retcon the match if it would have made a difference, though. Too much of a hassle.

Adison ascends slightly toward her foe, pursuing even as he attempts to flee her ferocious counter strike (5-ft step diagonally upwards toward you). Raising her arms skyward, she brings them down in a mighty overhead swing - and a blade of clearest crystal appears in them, just in time to shatter against her foe. At the same time, the longswords whirling about her body slash toward her enemy, seeking flesh.

Longswords attack.

Fire longsword: [roll0] for [roll1] force damage, plus [roll2] fire damage.

Ice longsword: [roll3] for [roll4] force damage, plus [roll5] cold damage.

Acid longsword: [roll6] for [roll7] force damage, plus [roll8] acid damage.

Electric longsword: [roll9] for [roll10] force damage, plus [roll11] electric damage.

Spellcraft DC 22:Blade of Fate.

All attacks after this point are against flatfooted AC unless you can see invisible creatures or have an ability that allows you to retain dex to AC when flatfooted. Subtract 2 from all attack rolls if you can see invisible creatures.

Attack: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]

The chain lashes out of its own volition, seeking to strike true where it failed before.

Attack: [roll14]
Damage: [roll15]
If it hits:You take 1 point of constitution damage.

Attack: [roll16]
Damage: [roll17]

If the attack goes off without hinderance:Adison then conjures a shield of quartz and ruby, backhanding it toward her foe.

Attack: [roll18]
Damage: [roll19]
On hit:You are trapped inside a ruby colored version of the Windowless Cell Forcecage. You have no line of sight or line of effect out of it.

Provided the above attack misses, the chain lashes out again.

Attack: [roll20]
Damage: [roll21]

If the shield attack missed and Adison's attacks were not hampered in some way:Adison makes a throwing gesture, and an emerald net buzzing with arcane power streaks toward you.

Spellcraft DC 21:Return to Dust

Touch attack: [roll24]

If that hits: You are Entangled for the rest of the round and take [roll25] damage at the end of the round, or take [roll26] damage on a DC 27 fort save.

The chain continues its assault, seeking the heartsblood of Adison's foe.

Attack: [roll27]
Damage: [roll28]

Attack: [roll29]
Damage: [roll30]

If nothing goes awry:Adison calls forth another needle-thin rapier of force, flourishing elaborately before taking up a defensive aerial stance.

Spellcraft DC 19:Tempest Attrition.

Turn complete if you reach this point. Adison ceases blinking.

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 10:13 PM
As the first attack begins, you are telekinetically bull rushed away from Jeremy. [roll0]

Jarian
2010-10-12, 10:16 PM
Is there any warning sign that that's coming? Spellcraft, Psicraft?

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 10:19 PM
Hmmm. It's a ghost's spell-like ability, so I think you're out of luck. No verbal or somatic components.
I did bollocks up the roll, though- the bonus is only +4, and the result only 19.

Jarian
2010-10-12, 10:20 PM
Activate Fickle Finger of Fate, forcing a reroll.

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 10:23 PM
A reroll it is.
[roll0]

Jarian
2010-10-12, 10:26 PM
...:smallannoyed:

...:smallsigh:

You know, that just figures.

Free action: Spin Destiny, +4 points.

Opposed strength: [roll0]

Success. Continue with attack routine.

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 10:42 PM
Adison sees each of the four swords hit home, biting deeply into the cocky youth: the crystal blade slices into him as well, and the barbed chains bury themselves deeply in his sides. The ruby shield blindsides him, successfully trapping him in its prison of force.
Do you do anything else before Jeremy's turn?

Observers:
Current AC 35. Swords hit, doing a total of 30 force damage (still halved by Intellect Fortress): crystal blade hits, dealing 13 damage (halved then DR 10 applied): the chains deal 0 damage (DR applied) and 2 Con: the shield does 0 damage (halved and DR 10 applied), but successfully traps him in a Forcecage. Current HP 76/117.

Jarian
2010-10-12, 10:54 PM
Skip the third attack, go straight to the fourth. Turn complete.

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 11:36 PM
Observers:
Jeremy: Delay until after Anias' action. Anias: Cease to possess Jeremy. Manifest. Drop Amulet of Second Chances. Jeremy: Drop Amulet of Tears, don Amulet of Second Chances, use.

Time has regressed to the beginning of Jeremy's last turn, the one in which he charged and full attacked. We're moved back to the positions we were back then, have all the expendable resources back that we've spent since then, have our old HP totals, etc. You have full knowledge of everything that has occurred since then. The effect is caused by the use of a magic item and is similar to Time Regression, (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/timeRegression.htm) but not identical, and not subject to Spellcraft, Psicraft or counterspelling.

"So that's how a swordmage fights. Fascinating. This has been a truly amazing experience: thank you from the bottom of my heart."
As the last feathers from his opponent's wings of force fade, the head of Jeremy's halberd takes on a beautiful, translucent appearance, like a puddle of crystal-clear water miraculously formed into the shape of a blade: Adison feels a sudden heat behind her, and glances back at the flickering fire elemental just in time to be impaled by Jeremy's lightning-bolt charge in front.

(As a swift action, White Raven Tactics up a turn for Sophia, who removes Smoking bonus and Defending from the halberd and adds Metalline (FR: Underdark). As a standard action, she changes the material from steel to Riverine (Stormwrack). Burn a turn attempt for a swift action to activate the Distracting Ember maneuver.
Charge and Pounce-full attack. Since this doesn't come from a jumping descent onto my target, my Battle Jump damage multiplier doesn't apply, nor does my of Vaulting multiplier or my Leap Attack PA multiplication. Power Attacking for -15 AC (Reckless Charge).
Attack 1: Damage: [roll1] [roll2] Miss chance: [roll3]
Attack 2: [roll4] Damage: [roll5] + [roll6] Miss chance: [roll7]
Attack 3: [roll8] Damage: [roll9] + [roll10] Miss chance: [roll11]
Attack 4: Consume Surge of Fortune to treat as natural 20. Confirmation: [roll12] Damage: [roll13] + [roll14] Additional damage in the case of a crit: [roll]1d10+66) Miss chance: [roll15]
All of these attacks hit ethereal creatures, thus only a 20% miss chance applies for concealment. 81-100 misses.

Jarian
2010-10-12, 11:41 PM
...Oh.

Parry for your LIFE Adison!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

"YYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGH!!!"

Adison drops to somewhere around the -300 range.

The game is not yet over. Do you have anything else to do?

Toptomcat
2010-10-12, 11:50 PM
Observers:
Anias: Manifest Synesthete (feel light) without display.

End turn.

Jarian
2010-10-12, 11:56 PM
Adison's broken body, gore spilling from the gaping wound in her middle, begins to fall backward. Her already glazing eyes are locked on those of her foe, implacable hatred present even in death.

Without sign or warning, her wounds seal in the blink of an eye. She still bleeds heavily, but life again courses through her veins. Righting herself, she whirls about in midair and unleashes a retributive flurry of attacks.

"You will pay for that one, scum!"

Observers:Nidra manifests without display a Quickened Psionic Revivify (Overchanneled +3, backlash [roll0]). She then manifests Mend Wounds, healing 55 points of damage to Adison. HP total: 54/179

Attacks to come in next post, provided nothing happens to prevent this.

Edit, observers:Nidra regains psionic focus as a move action. She automatically succeeds on the concentration check.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 12:01 AM
"Please relax, madam- this is a match, not a holy war. I was going to do that if you weren't."
(Nothing to interrupt that with.)

Jarian
2010-10-13, 12:10 AM
Raising her arms skyward, Adison brings them down in a mighty overhead swing - and a blade of clearest crystal appears in them, just in time to shatter against her foe. At the same time, the longswords whirling about her body slash toward her enemy, seeking flesh.

Longswords attack.

Fire longsword: [roll0] for [roll1] force damage, plus [roll2] fire damage.

Ice longsword: [roll3] for [roll4] force damage, plus [roll5] cold damage.

Acid longsword: [roll6] for [roll7] force damage, plus [roll8] acid damage.

Electric longsword: [roll9] for [roll10] force damage, plus [roll11] electric damage.

Spellcraft DC 22:Blade of Fate.

All attacks after this point are against flatfooted AC unless you can see invisible creatures or have an ability that allows you to retain dex to AC when flatfooted. Subtract 2 from all attack rolls if you can see invisible creatures.

Attack: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13] force damage

The chain lashes out of its own volition, seeking to strike true where it failed before.

Attack: [roll14]
Damage: [roll15]

Attack: [roll16]
Damage: [roll17]

If the attack goes off without hinderance:Adison then conjures a shield of quartz and ruby, backhanding it toward her foe.

Attack: [roll18]
Damage: [roll19] force damage
On hit:You are trapped inside a ruby colored version of the Windowless Cell Forcecage. You have no line of sight or line of effect out of it.

Provided the above attack misses, the chain lashes out again.

Attack: [roll20]
Damage: [roll21]

If the shield attack missed and Adison's attacks were not hampered in some way:Adison makes a throwing gesture, and an emerald net buzzing with arcane power streaks toward you.

Spellcraft DC 21:Return to Dust

Touch attack: [roll24]

If that hits: You are Entangled for the rest of the round and take [roll24] damage at the end of the round, or take [roll25] damage on a DC 27 fort save.

The chain continues its assault, seeking the heartsblood of Adison's foe.

Attack: [roll26]
Damage: [roll27]

Attack: [roll28]
Damage: [roll29]

If nothing goes awry:Adison calls forth another needle-thin rapier of force, flourishing elaborately before taking up a defensive aerial stance. The chain disappears in a fine gray mist.

Spellcraft DC 19:Tempest Attrition.

Turn complete if you reach this point. Adison ceases blinking.

Jarian
2010-10-13, 12:11 AM
If you reached the third attack:Messed up that attack roll big time.

[roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 12:14 AM
Though it never actually happened in the first place, Adison remembers the way Jeremy winks out with a brilliant flash of yellow light anyway. It's a very odd sensation.

(Abrupt Jaunt out of the way of the first strike. What does that change?)

Jarian
2010-10-13, 12:14 AM
Where are you jaunting to, relative to her?

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 12:23 AM
'Downwards' numerically or 'south' on the map 10'.

Jarian
2010-10-13, 12:33 AM
Continue with attack 3, attack bonus +5. Do not proceed with attack 4 yet. Does anything happen?

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 12:37 AM
I'm sorry, that would be Return to Dust? All the sub-attacks these attacks have are confusing me.

Jarian
2010-10-13, 12:39 AM
Yep. I'm not really sure what your spellcraft mod is, so I've been keeping the names spoilered. Not that it's really important, but eeeeh.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 12:42 AM
So the attack is at +5 rather than +48? How did that happen? And my Spellcraft is +19, which is high enough that I've felt comfortable just unspoilering them as we go without rolling, though to be strictly honest I should probably be seeing if I roll a 1 or 2 on some of them, but sheesh. :smallbiggrin:

Jarian
2010-10-13, 12:49 AM
Sorry, I should have been clearer.

That attack is my second iterative, so add 5 to the attack roll. It was originally the 3rd.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 12:51 AM
Abrupt Jaunt away in the same direction.

Jarian
2010-10-13, 12:56 AM
Follow with a composite greatbow attack: [roll0] for [roll1] force damage.

What happens?

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 12:59 AM
The arrow hits, dealing fifteen force damage.

Jarian
2010-10-13, 01:00 AM
Cast Tempest Attrition, cast Dancing Guards.

Your move.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 01:10 AM
Adison feels the invisible grasp of Anias' telekinetic assault once more, this time threatening to pin both of her arms behind her back in an awkward and painful double hammerlock.
(Two grapple attempts, both trying for pin. [roll0] [roll1])

Jarian
2010-10-13, 01:14 AM
Grapple 1: [roll0]
Grapple 2: [roll1]

Jarian
2010-10-13, 01:15 AM
Resist Fate, reroll grapple 2.

[roll0]

Well, she's grappled, but not pinned yet afaik. You need to win an opposed grapple check while already grappling to pin someone.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 01:41 AM
Going to bed. Need to get some sleep. What square are you in presently?

Jarian
2010-10-13, 01:43 AM
I'm honestly not sure. We've just sort of been winging it. I'm ten feet north and five feet east of you, though, on an equal level.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 01:46 AM
Call it a coin flip whether we're flying over the lava or not?

Jarian
2010-10-13, 01:47 AM
Heh, no. We only moved east and west over the middle of the top section. I believe your AJ was the first southward movement thus far.

I can try to give you a "best guess" estimate by tomorrow morning if you like.

Jarian
2010-10-13, 11:58 AM
As far as I can tell, I've only pursued you 15 feet. At best, that puts me in the 6 row, between K and P.

You're ten feet further south of wherever I am.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 12:24 PM
What special vision qualities do you currently possess?

Jarian
2010-10-13, 12:26 PM
Darkvision. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: I also have a Blindfold of True Darkness on, giving me Blindsight to 30 feet.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 12:57 PM
I don't know how that happened, and I don't know if she can do it again. I can keep slugging and keep putting her down, but for all I know she'll keep getting back up. Time to change it up.
Jeremy's fingers blur into a swift, strange gesture, and he vanishes in a wisp of smoke- his faint smile the last to go.

Spellcraft DC 20:
The spell cast is Swift Etherealness.

Observers:
By this point all crusader maneuvers are granted except for Law Bearer, which is expended. Swift action to cast Swift Etherealness, fly to H11+40 and hide in a cranny of the rock pillar as a move action (Hide check: [roll0]), cast Divine Retribution as a standard action

Jarian
2010-10-13, 01:18 PM
If you can see Adison:Adison's wounds continue to close; the flow of blood ceases altogether, leaving only bruises and scars. She does not yet appear to be at her peak, but she's getting there.

She closes her eyes and performs a brief breathing exercise, seeming to prepare herself for whatever is to come.

The longswords whirling about her disappear, but she once more begins blinking in between the material and the ethereal.

Observers:Defensively regain incantations. Cast Superior Blinkplate.

Nidra activates her Amulet of Retributive Healing and manifests Mend Wounds on Adison, restoring 55 hp to both of them.

Turn complete.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 01:28 PM
Can you do all that while still grappled?

Jarian
2010-10-13, 01:33 PM
Yes to the recovery, aaand...

[roll0] Hm. I forgot to give myself a masterwork concentration tool. Depending on whether you want to allow me to have it, I either lose or keep the superior blinkplate.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 01:38 PM
Let the Dice Gods decide. On a 1, you have one, on a 2 you don't.
[roll0]

Jarian
2010-10-13, 01:39 PM
Force reroll!

Oh wait. :smalltongue:

Thanks. In that case, it all goes off.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 02:25 PM
Observers:
Anias: Cease possessing James, manifest Control Sound as a standard action on James to transform any verbal components from casting a spell to the same noise, but coming from L15+10, move through stone pillar to interrupt line of effect.
Jeremy: move stealthily to H9+45, cast Holy Word. Hide check: [roll0]
Making the assumption that Adison is in M6+45, the midpoint of her earlier estimate.
A voice rings out suddenly, and you feel a sudden stab of psychic distress from your everpresent companion.
(Your cohort is now blind for [roll1] rounds, deaf for [roll2] rounds, and must make a DC 26 Will save at a -4 penalty or be banished.)

Listen check, DC 5:
You hear a voice casting a spell.
Spellcraft check, DC 22:
Holy Word.

Listen check, DC 10:
You hear a voice casting a spell in the general direction of down.
Spellcraft check, DC 22:
Holy Word.

Listen check, DC 15:
You hear a voice casting a spell in the general direction of down and 'south'.
Spellcraft check, DC 22:
Holy Word.

Listen check, DC 20:
You hear a voice casting a spell in the general direction of down, 'south', and very slightly 'west.'
Spellcraft check, DC 22:
Holy Word.

Listen check, DC 25:
You hear a voice casting a spell that you can pinpoint to L15+10.
Spellcraft check, DC 22:
Holy Word.

Additionally, start making Spot checks to see Jeremy- he is now mundanely detectable, though not easily.

Jarian
2010-10-13, 03:08 PM
Is this spellcasting occurring within 60 feet of Adison?

Edit to clarify: Adison's listen check is garbage, but if that's Holy Word/Dictum like I think it is, you should be within range of her Ring of Spell-battle, automatically allowing her a spellcraft check to identify. Confirm/deny?

Jarian
2010-10-13, 03:51 PM
Actually, her listen check isn't as bad as I thought it was. I was pretty sure I had a negative modifier on it.

Listen: [roll0]
Listen for cohort, before the deafening: [roll1]

Edit: Cannot fail that spellcraft check.

As an immediate action, Adison activates the granted power of her Ruby Master rank, counterspelling the Holy Word.

"We will not be parted before our appointed time!"

Jarian
2010-10-13, 03:55 PM
Derp. Forgot spot. Triple post go!

Adison spot: [roll0]
Nidra spot: [roll1]

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 04:20 PM
Yes, you're within range to auto-Spellcraft it, but I don't think you can counterspell anything without freeing yourself from the grapple.

Edit: actually, since you have to mirror the spell and Holy Word only has a verbal component, I think you're in the clear so long as you make the necessary Concentration check.

Jarian
2010-10-13, 04:24 PM
How do you figure on that? The Ruby Master ability requires no movement - heck, no action - on your part aside from saying "I want to cancel that spell" once per day.

Ah. Spin Destiny, +3 points. Automatically pass concentration check on a 1.

Was that the extent of your turn, or does something else happen to abuse my poor, defenseless cohort? :smallfrown:

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 04:26 PM
But it doesn't change anything else about the counterspelling process. It makes it a non-action and waives the requirement to have the spell memorized, but doesn't say anything about Stilling or Silencing it.

Also, Nidra Spots me at H9+45 >.<

Observers: The appropriate twin readies an action to use Focalor's 3d6 lightning on the opponent's next attack
Turn complete.

Jarian
2010-10-13, 04:31 PM
Well, if we're abusing cohorts...

Observers:Nidra manifests without display Psionic True Seeing.

Nidra now has True Seeing. What does that reveal about your cohorts?

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 04:32 PM
That Anias isn't actually possessing Jeremy anymore. He can't be seen anywhere, actually. Besides that, nothing out of the ordinary.

Jarian
2010-10-13, 04:35 PM
Adison Blink Daggers out of the grapple, reappearing at G-9 +50. She couldn't see you with her spot I take it, but does Blindsight reveal you?

Also, does Nidra see anything new from here?

Edit: Auto-pass concentration check to cast Blink Dagger.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 04:40 PM
I had assumed the stone pillars went all the way to the ceiling, which would put you right in the middle of one at G9+50.
And no, blindsight does not reveal Jeremy.

Jarian
2010-10-13, 04:41 PM
Judging by the other Arena maps, any wall in this place is twenty feet tall. Having them go all the way to the ceiling doesn't bother me, though. Adison simply appears while ethereal.

Anything seen on the ethereal plane?

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 04:43 PM
Edit: okay, they go to the ceiling. Can you see through Material Plane objects in the Ethereal? The long and short of it is that Anias is somewhere like G10, hiding inside the pillar and hoping not to be discovered.

Jarian
2010-10-13, 04:46 PM
Nope. I'm fine with the walls going all the way up. See edit above.

Edit: Edit wars!

One second, grabbing relevant ethereal plane info.

The Material Plane itself is visible from the Ethereal Plane, but it appears muted and indistinct, its colors blurring into each other and its edges turning fuzzy.

The Ethereal Plane is mostly empty of structures and impediments.

So basically, the ethereal plane is just an empty gray void where you can float around as you like due to no gravity.

Adison's attack misses Jeremy completely, since she cannot phase to the material plane inside an object due to Greater Blink.

Followup attacks coming in the next post.

Jarian
2010-10-13, 04:57 PM
"Fair's fair. After all, he started it."

Attack #2 against Anais: Return to Dust.

Touch attack: [roll0]

On hit, entangled for the rest of the round, and take [roll1] damage at the end of the round, or [roll2] damage on a DC 27 fort save.

Attack #3 against Anais: Piercing Spear

Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] force damage.

Holding off on attack #4 until I know if Anais is still alive. Well, undead. Whatever.

Jarian
2010-10-13, 05:01 PM
Potentially still around. Not taking any chances.

Attack #4: Spear/Longspear, depending on the distance between us.

Damage: [roll1] force damage.

Anias's status?

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 05:06 PM
Barely hanging in there with Intellect Fortress, actually.
Augmented to a two-round duration, since it's the last I'll see of it for a while!

Jarian
2010-10-13, 05:18 PM
Have a Mind Thrust then.

[roll0] damage, will DC 22 negates.

Observers:Overchanneled +3 (backlash [roll1]) quickened mind thrust.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 05:26 PM
That'll do it. Is your turn over?

Jarian
2010-10-13, 05:30 PM
Not quite, but he should get a save nonetheless, shouldn't he? It's not will half, it's will negates.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 05:31 PM
Ah! Quite so.
[roll0]
Edit: Well, what do you know. What new horror do you have for me to negate this unexpected blessing?

Jarian
2010-10-13, 05:33 PM
Fickle Finger of Fate.

Reroll.

So help me, I am -going- to get this kill!

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 05:36 PM
[roll0]
Roll dem bones.

Edit: Wow, these rerolls really aren't working out for you.

Jarian
2010-10-13, 05:37 PM
Well, so much for rerolls having any effect on this game. :smallwink:

5-ft step to F-10 +55. Turn complete.

Stop touching Adison, or next time I'm gonna make your head explode, you pervert!

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 05:52 PM
Anias makes a panicked flight back to Jeremy, straining against the mystic net and finally vanishing back into the young cleric's body.
(Anias moves back from G9 to H11 and repossesses Jeremy. Can you interrupt, AoO, anything?)

Jarian
2010-10-13, 06:03 PM
Yup.

AoO with glaive: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] force

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 06:11 PM
(Wait, really? A mundane AoO? Is it Greater Blink that lets you do that- threaten flawlessly on both the material and the Ethereal?)

Jarian
2010-10-13, 06:13 PM
Since you spend about half your time on the Ethereal Plane, you can see and even attack ethereal creatures. You interact with ethereal creatures roughly the same way you interact with material ones.

Greater Blink offers no chance of interfering with your own attacks, so yes, a mundane AoO.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 06:16 PM
Okay, I didn't get that. Since creatures know when they're threatened, would you let me choose a different action?

Jarian
2010-10-13, 06:18 PM
Sure. :smallsmile:

We're even for allowing me to retcon the masterwork concentration tool now.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 06:30 PM
Anias' instinct is to flee- but Adison's threatening glaive prevents it. Instead, he makes one final attempt to pin her down in the hope that Jeremy can exploit the momentary weakness.
Observers:
Anias uses his last Quickened attempt at TK.
Two TK grapple attempts: [roll0] [roll1]

Jarian
2010-10-13, 06:35 PM
[roll0] [roll1]

Also, I believe each of those attempts suffers a 50% misschance for Blink? <- Irrelevant

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 06:39 PM
Would you agree that with a weapon that strikes ethereal targets and two observers with Sense Link active, one on the Ethereal, one on the Material, Greater Blink would offer no miss chance?

Jarian
2010-10-13, 07:22 PM
I almost said yes, but then I read the Sense Link power.

Once sense link is manifested, the link persists even if the subject moves out of the range of the original manifestation (but the link does not work across planes).

So I'm afraid not.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 09:01 PM
Well spotted. Working...
Observers:
Well, I'm out of maneuvers to be granted to me- they're all either granted or exhausted. If I'm reading the Crusader recovery mechanism again, that means it's time to roll the dice again. Let's see what I get: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] Edit: Shield Counter, One with Shadow, Strength Draining Strike, Stalker in the Night. No White Raven Tactics yet, but I think I can work with this.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 09:17 PM
Still working. My apologies that I have to keep doing this, but I have behind-the-scenes rolls I want to know the result of before typing out the rest of my post, and you can't edit dice rolls in or preview them in a post >.<
Observers:
Knowledge Devotion attempt (K:TP, Collector of Stories used:) [roll0]

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 09:43 PM
Just as Adison prepares to deal the finishing blow to Anias, Jeremy spirals around the pillar and above her, braces his feet against it, and kicks off to add momentum to another powerful charge- but where the previous two were heedless, headlong affairs, this time he attacks methodically and with defensive soundness. Plainly he has learned some respect for her skill.
(Fly to F8+60, brace against the stone pillar and jump downwards on Adison for a Battle Jump charge.
Attack 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]+[roll2], miss chance [roll3]
Attack 2: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]+[roll6], miss chance [roll7]
Attack 3: [roll8] Damage: [roll9]+[roll10], miss chance [roll11]
Attack 4: [roll12] Damage: [roll13]+[roll14], miss chance [roll15]
Attack can still hit Ethereal targets, only a 20% miss chance applies for concealment (81-00). If one of the earlier attacks in the sequence succeeds in dropping Adison to zero, attack the Kusari-gama with the remaining full attacks: if it is destroyed and attacks remain, they will be directed to the space the kusari-gama occupied before its destruction, which will now contain your ethereal cohort. A 50% miss chance (51-00) will apply to these attacks, since they will be made blind.
Reallocate Law Devotion bonus to AC.)

Jarian
2010-10-13, 09:56 PM
Adison smirks as her opponent manages to miss her completely with his first attack, but quickly becomes somber once more as the weapon is aimed straight for her heart. Moving her fingers in a lightning-quick imitation of a puppeteer, she guides her two dancing rapiers to turn the blow aside.

[roll0] <- Successful parry on dancing guard #1
[roll1]

Blinking back and forth between the planes rapidly enough to confuse her attacker, she just barely ducks beneath the followup swing. The final attack catches her completely off guard, but the weapon meets arcane-charged steel as her Blinkplate phases into being just in time to turn the blow aside.

"You are finished. Accept your end."

(Turn complete?)

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 10:14 PM
"And you're arrogant, uptight and getting a little ahead of yourself."
(Yes.)

Jarian
2010-10-13, 10:43 PM
"Oh, I wasn't talking to you..."

Where did Jeremy end up?

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 10:45 PM
Say ten feet 'east' of you.

Jarian
2010-10-13, 10:46 PM
Wouldn't that be through the wall?

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 10:48 PM
Quite so. Ten feet 'south'?

Jarian
2010-10-13, 11:02 PM
"Although, you do pose more of a threat at present. Very well, I shall deal with you first."

Adison drifts closer to her opponent, then abruptly spins in place and delivers a vicious slash with the crystalline greatsword that appears in her hands midway through the rotation. The blade shatters, and in the reflections of the future she sees within, she plots a course for her enemy's end.

5-ft step south and up, Blade of Fate on Jeremy.

Add 2 to all attack rolls if you cannot see invisible creatures, and subtract your dex bonus if you would be denied dex by an invisible attack.

Damage: [roll1] force damage

The chain around Adison's arm strikes out with renewed vigor, apparently seeking revenge for Jeremy's attempt at banishing its inhabitant.

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] piercing + 1 con

Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5] piercing + 1 con

If that goes off successfully:Whirling in place again, Adison brings about a shield of quartz and rubies, shattering it like the sword before.

Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] force damage.
On hit, Jeremy trapped within a ruby forcecage, with neither line of sight nor line of effect outside.

On a miss, the chain attacks Jeremy twice more in rapid succession.

Attack: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9] piercing + 1 con

Attack: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11] piercing + 1 con

If you reached this point, turn incomplete, but I need to know what all happened.

Toptomcat
2010-10-13, 11:21 PM
Observers:
AC 60 with Dex removed. Ironward Diamond absorbs 10 damage, 40 remaining.
Everything misses outright except for the 64, 64, 63 chains, which are all completely bounced by damage reduction, including the Con damage as per the rules on DR. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm)

Jarian
2010-10-13, 11:56 PM
I wrote up a huge post with like thirty rolls, and then the forum was too busy and deleted it. Ugh.

I'll continue this tomorrow.

Toptomcat
2010-10-14, 12:04 AM
I have to say I was not expecting such a slugfest. Whoa.

Jarian
2010-10-14, 12:05 AM
Heh. I haven't even used my belt of battle or White Raven Tactics yet.

Give me a free swift action for once! :smalltongue:

Toptomcat
2010-10-14, 12:10 AM
White Raven Tactics? I didn't think that build had martial manifesting levels.

Jarian
2010-10-14, 12:43 AM
Martial Study.

Toptomcat
2010-10-14, 01:01 AM
Martial Study.

Did you fulfill the maneuver prerequisites?

Jarian
2010-10-14, 01:20 AM
"One White Raven Manuever" and IL 5, or character level 10 without levels in an initiating class.

Don't worry, I know how ToB works. :p

Toptomcat
2010-10-14, 01:22 PM
That's cool. Sorry for jumping on you about it: I had an opponent pull a one-feat WRT on me three levels before they would've been eligable, and ever since then I've been a bit of a stickler about it :smallbiggrin:

Toptomcat
2010-10-19, 10:19 PM
Did you up and die on me?