PDA

View Full Version : Epic Campaign - IC

Invelios
2010-10-12, 12:48 PM
You find yourself in a smoky bar.

The Fire is roaring, the wenches are busty, the beer is room temperature.

There are about 8 people in the bar save for the serving wenches and bar keep.

Please describe what the others see when they see your character, and where the character is.

The bar is 50'x100' with a long bar across the right side.

There are about 10 round tables with 5 wooden chairs to each.

Also there are 2 oversized plush chairs in front of the fire divided by an oaken table, with a chessboard etched into it and the pieces for the same atop it.

Chess435
2010-10-12, 01:20 PM
Bob looks like the below picture but with blue hair and no staff.
http://www.hochgreve.de/sold99/sorcerer.jpg

Bob is sitting in one of the plush chairs next to the chessboard, contemplating a strategy.

nerd-7i+e
2010-10-12, 01:38 PM
Even noticing Declogetus would be an accomplishment, for he hides himself well in the shadows of the left-hand corner. One would be much more likely to notice a certain raven standing on a rooftop outside the bar (although this too would not be without its difficulties), although you would have to be ridiculously paranoid to care. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0154.html) One who was so miraculously observant would see a winged head, only a few inches tall, composed of maggots, decorated with eight gleaming gems.

Declogetus waves his wings slightly, still adjusting himself to the feel of this new form, although the maggots respond surprisingly well to his commands.

Drakonzeta
2010-10-12, 02:19 PM
Zetar stands opposite to Bob at the chessboard, moving a singular piece. His green robes and hair are the only things distinguishing him from any other elf.

Chess435
2010-10-12, 02:27 PM
"Ah, a challenge!" Bob exclaims as he telekinetically moves a piece in response.

(I've used my first of 6 0-level spells for the day.)

Drakonzeta
2010-10-12, 02:34 PM
Hm... mumbles Zetar, proceding to manually move another piece.

shadowedsoul
2010-10-12, 02:41 PM
Andais

Andais sits with her back to the wall, sipping an amber beverage and idly people watching. Seeing the chess game begin she gives it a little more attention than most of the other patrons seem to warrant. After all, it might not be the hunt, but that was hardly the only test of skill.

Appearance (only without looking at her through tree branches and leaves):

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad191/sidhe_blooded/half_moon_by_valentinakallias-d308zt4.jpg

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-12, 03:23 PM
Daniel sits atop the bar, loudly arguing with the barkeep about whether he can sit there. He is dressed in a colorful robe and a pair of goggles sits atop his sandy brown hair, just beneath his small, white horns. His claws tap on the bar, leaving even more scratches in the wood. The redder the face of the barkeep becomes, the wider his grin grows.

NecroticPunch
2010-10-12, 04:58 PM
A small, gaunt fellow, he looks, draped in his robes of black, wizardly sigils dancing around on them. A slight smirk, too, you could see, although the rest of the face remained shrouded in secrecy. The fellow, a rare patron of the bar, who, to those who understood the magic, would see him shrouded in a magical aura, and furthermore, using more complicated magicks, one could see his true form, that of a floating skull, with necromantic sigils etched on the back of his head, and with two black diamonds in place of eyes, and six gems adorning his mouth. The fellow simply sat there, at one of the tables, observing those at their game of chess, silently counting out seconds, and making strategies in his head, ways for a move to be countered, or to null those that couldn't be.

Invelios
2010-10-12, 06:25 PM
To those at the Chess game: Redheaded Waitress approaches you,
"Hi, My name is Cayleigh. Can I get either of you something to drink?"

To Gelidus: A dark-haired, Olive-skinned Waitress approaches you,
"Hi, My name is Raananah. Can I offer you something to drink, perhaps a nice white wine, good stout dwarven ale, or any of our numerous liquors?"

To Andais: A cautious pale young man saunters up to you,
"Good evening, Madam, My name is Malin. May I offer you some refreshment this evening? We have a fine selection of wines, ales, and Liquors. Additionally, we have a visiting chef just in from Sigil able to cook the delicacies of all the known dimensions."

To Daniel: The bartender, a 7'0" approximately 350lbs half-orc, now fuming, tells you,
"My name is Uthgar the One eye, In my clan you would have been dead already, but as this is just a bar. I will ask you to either buy something and stop defacing the furniture or I will be forced to call the constabulary."

Each of these extra-ordinarily beautiful young people, save for the bartender who is in a well made leather jerkin, are wearing Dark Black Satin Blouses, and tight but well fitting black leather pants. They each appear well fed and fit. For the more observant you will see that they walk in a manner befitting an adventurer, always watchful and wary.

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-12, 06:45 PM
Mneh... Annoying you was getting boring anyway. I'll take some beer.
I take my drink and walk to the chess game, picking up and scrutinizing the captured pieces.

Invelios
2010-10-12, 06:52 PM
Mneh... Annoying you was getting boring anyway. I'll take some beer.
I take my drink and walk to the chess game, picking up and scrutinizing the captured pieces.

The Chess pieces are ornate Onyx and Ivory. At the Chess game you see a blue haired Human looking man and a nondescript elf with gray skin.

Those at the Chess game (Chess and Drakon) You see an ornery Human with Brown hair and eyes walking towards you after a small altercation with the bartender. He picks up some of the discarded pieces and examines them.

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-12, 06:55 PM
@invelios
sleight of hand check to pocket one of the pieces
[roll0]

Invelios
2010-10-12, 06:59 PM
A guttural yell comes from the bartender,
"Stop! Thief."

as he grabs a giant club from under the bar and leaps....

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-12, 07:04 PM
I reach into my backpack and pull out a small, iron sphere and throw it at the bartender.
I'm not exactly sure what to add to my roll for throwing my iron bands of binding
[roll0]

Invelios
2010-10-12, 07:12 PM
Arcane - please refer to the OOC post real fast. We need to slow down and let them catch up.

Drakonzeta
2010-10-12, 07:28 PM
Stop, winged one. Hand me that piece back

Quick OOC: Natural 20s FTW.

To the bartender:No, I would prefer my mind not to be addled in this contest of skill.

Invelios
2010-10-12, 07:52 PM
Stop, winged one. Hand me that piece back

Quick OOC: Natural 20s FTW.

To the bartender:No, I would prefer my mind not to be addled in this contest of skill.

ooc: where did you roll?

Drakonzeta
2010-10-12, 07:55 PM
Right here. I have my own d20.

Invelios
2010-10-12, 07:56 PM
Please roll in the forum roller in future kk? Makes it transparent for any who question

shadowedsoul
2010-10-12, 07:57 PM
Andais

Hello Malin. I'm afraid I've already begun to partake of your fine beverages, but if you would be so kind as to bring me a plate of grilled rothé I would be most appreciative.
She replies to the young man, holding her glass up slightly to emphasize that she already has a drink.

NecroticPunch
2010-10-12, 08:08 PM
Gelidus smiled slightly, and, keeping his hood down, said, " I suppose I'll take your finest wine. " The answer was directed at the olive-skinned, Raananah, although he kept his eyes on the fight that seemed to be about to break out. A slight chuckle escaped his lips, then, as he observed the would-be thief, the chuckle seeming to be an inhuman sound; something that shouldn't come from any living thing's mouth.

Invelios
2010-10-12, 08:19 PM
@ Shadow: No problem, madam, we will have it right out for you.

@ Necro: Would you like a bottle or glass?

@ Drako and Arcane: No problem, dear sir, just keep your pets in check in future. Says the bartender.

Drakonzeta
2010-10-12, 08:22 PM
I meant the waiter... but OK.

Invelios
2010-10-12, 08:24 PM
I meant the waiter... but OK.

can we keep the OOC to the OOC thread? I don't want to much clutter. It is my first time and I have to keep up :)

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-12, 08:28 PM
I sullenly place the piece back on the table

Drakonzeta
2010-10-12, 08:29 PM
Thank you. I may need to promote to that.

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-12, 08:37 PM
"say what now?"

Chess435
2010-10-13, 10:01 AM
To Daniel: "You apparently do not understand the intricacies of a contest of skill such as this. It would be in everyone's best interest if you were to just sit back and watch the show."

To the waiter: "No thanks, I'm quite fine."

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-13, 01:56 PM
...fine. Say...who's winning?

Chess435
2010-10-13, 02:02 PM
"Certainly not me, I haven't met an opponent so good in a very long time...."

Drakonzeta
2010-10-13, 03:19 PM
Why thank you,... Say, what's your name?

Chess435
2010-10-13, 03:33 PM
"My name's Bob. Nice to meet you."

Drakonzeta
2010-10-13, 03:40 PM
Zetar. Same.

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-13, 03:54 PM
"wait, neither of you knew the name of your opponent until the end of the game?"

Invelios
2010-10-13, 03:56 PM
Each of the waiters/waitresses return with the drinks/food.

Drakonzeta
2010-10-13, 03:57 PM
No. I merely wished to play a game, and he appeared to wish the precise same objective: So we dueled.

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-13, 04:10 PM
"some would say a game of chess is not duel. I, myself, don't know but I prefer less intellectual duels. Although simply hitting one another with sharp sticks is no fun either. What's most fun is racing through a labyrinthine, trap filled dungeon with twenty vampires and an ancient dragon chasing you."

Invelios
2010-10-13, 04:16 PM
As arcane is speaking......

The front door explodes and a gaunt tired looking young man crashes to the floor.

Drakonzeta
2010-10-13, 04:24 PM
Who goes there?

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-13, 04:26 PM
What the...*sigh* why does this always happen!?

Invelios
2010-10-13, 04:30 PM
The man looks to be breathing very shallowly and has multiple abrasions and slash marks upon all of his exposed flesh.

@ nerd: The bartender and wait staff have left the main dining area.

Drakonzeta
2010-10-13, 04:30 PM
To Arcane:I have heard rumors of a being that controls the situation. I also have heard that they are also usually jerks to those IN the situation.

To the man:Are you quite alright?

Invelios
2010-10-13, 04:33 PM
@ Drakonzeta & ArcaneMonkey: The man appears to be losing a lot of blood and his breathing is beginning to wain.

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-13, 04:34 PM
What situation are you talking about?
I carefully place the man on one of the tables and try to treat his wounds.

Drakonzeta
2010-10-13, 04:35 PM
As in this, right now. Is there a cleric anywhere?

shadowedsoul
2010-10-13, 04:38 PM
Andais

Thank you.
Andais says to the waiter as he brings her plate out. As the chess match unfolds and it becomes clear who's going to win her attention wanes somewhat as she muses on how long it's been since she's gone home.

When the young man crashed through the door she was brought out of her reverie abruptly. Looking sharply at the door and then at the young man she begins to assess the situation, mostly just trying to see how it's going to affect her.

Spot-[roll0]
Listen-[roll1]

I also have touchsight out to 120 ft.
Specifically trying to see if there's anything that threw the man through the door or if he crashed in on his own, but also just trying to get a layout of the situation.

Invelios
2010-10-13, 04:48 PM
Andais

Thank you.
Andais says to the waiter as he brings her plate out. As the chess match unfolds and it becomes clear who's going to win her attention wanes somewhat as she muses on how long it's been since she's gone home.

When the young man crashed through the door she was brought out of her reverie abruptly. Looking sharply at the door and then at the young man she begins to assess the situation, mostly just trying to see how it's going to affect her.

Spot-[roll0]
Listen-[roll1]

I also have touchsight out to 120 ft.
Specifically trying to see if there's anything that threw the man through the door or if he crashed in on his own, but also just trying to get a layout of the situation.

You know he was tossed in but by what you cannot tell...just that he did not explode through the door of his own accord.

NecroticPunch
2010-10-13, 05:13 PM
Gelidus said nothing as his drink was delivered, picking up the wine and taking a shallow drink of it. But, on the instant that the door bursts down on it's hinges, and a young, gaunt man falls into the room, Gelidus stared at him for a few seconds. And then he looked up at the missing door, and started laughing hysterically, personally thinking that the entire situations is a pure Comic to him. However, the Demilich, never letting all of his guard down, scanned the room, and the outside as well, to make sure that nothing outside of the norm was going on. And then, with a fit of boredness, Gelidus let go of his Alter Self spell, reverting to his true form, and gazing with his diamond eyes at the other patrons of the Inn, wondering if any would challenge him, and then laughing at the foolish suggestion, the appearance of the other Demilich showing that no one would even take much note at the sudden transformation.

Listen:[roll0]
Spot:[roll1]

nerd-7i+e
2010-10-13, 05:24 PM
I use my empathic link with my familiar to know whether he was thrown in or walked here, already wounded.

In case it's needed:

Familiar's Spot check: [roll0]
Familiar's Listen check: [roll1]

And in case I might see or hear anything:

My Spot check: [roll2]
My Listen check: [roll3]

If it's the former, I go outside, still keeping myself hidden. Otherwise, I stay here, moving myself a bit closer to the man.

Hide check for if I do go outside: [roll4]

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-13, 05:34 PM
You know he was tossed in but by what you cannot tell...just that he did not explode through the door of his own accord.

it might be best if you put that sort of thing in a spoiler, 'cuz now we all know it

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-13, 05:39 PM
I do what I said before, move the man to a table and try to make sure his wounds aren't serious. If they aren't I peak out the door, trying not to be seen
hide check
[roll0]
If they are, I try to patch him up
heal check
[roll1]
Finally a roll above 10

Invelios
2010-10-13, 09:18 PM
@ Nerd He was thrown in from several stories up

@ Arcane You staunch the bleeding but he is still looking weak

@ Necro & Nerd you see 5 dark shapes drawing weapons on a roof top above, one obviously wielding a giant club, and another darkened shape laughing at them from another roof top slightly further down the road.

@ Anyone still in the bar you see the human that was scratching the bar earlier is trying to patch up the young man.

nerd-7i+e
2010-10-14, 07:50 AM
I fly up to the rooftops, still hidden. My familiar doesn't come with me, though.

Hide check. [roll0]
Move Silently check (don't see why this would be needed, since you don't make much noise flying, but just in case). [roll1]

shadowedsoul
2010-10-14, 10:00 AM
Andais

After determining that the young man did not enter the bar of his own accord Andais reacts quickly, disappearing and moving quietly away from her table to try and get a better view of what threw him into the bar.

Activating Shroud of Night's Law (Greater Invisibility, Only epic spells and abilities with a caster level higher than my hit dice can penetrate it).
Hide-[roll0]
Move Silently-[roll1]

In case I need to roll again-
Spot-[roll2]
Listen-[roll3]

Invelios
2010-10-14, 10:25 AM
@ Shadow: you are able to look @ Necro and Nerd's spoiler above.

Drakonzeta
2010-10-14, 12:03 PM
Zetar casts several spells (Have to make spellcraft check to recognize if needed) and disappears
Invisibility and Spider climb

For DM eyes ONLY.
I told you , don't look!I walk out. What do I see? Spot check is 1d20+2 If nothing, I begin to climb up the building, looking for something that could have pushed him in from a higher vantage point. Ok, the forum roller still doesn't work for me.

Chess435
2010-10-14, 01:00 PM
*autosucceeds at spellcraft checks*

Bob will cast the following spell:

Quickened True Seeing

DM only:

I will also cast a Quickened Silent Stilled Greater Invisibility, using my first use of spontaneous metamagic for the day.

Bob vanishes suddenly from view.

nerd-7i+e
2010-10-14, 01:01 PM
Familiar's Spellcraft (I wasn't directly looking). [roll0]
Since you said several: [roll1] and [roll2]

Invelios
2010-10-14, 01:33 PM
@ Drako [roll0]
Drako you see several shadows on the roof top One is distinct that appears to be the bartender.

nerd-7i+e
2010-10-14, 02:19 PM
*autosucceeds at spellcraft checks*

Good point; forgot about that. My familiar also automatically succeeds the spellcraft checks for Bob's spells.

Drakonzeta
2010-10-14, 02:21 PM
OK. I climb up (Spider climb is still active... It'll be up for 5hours max.) and eavesdrop on their conversation

nerd-7i+e
2010-10-14, 02:57 PM
Initiative. [roll0]

For now I'm just going to listen to their conversation.

Chess435
2010-10-14, 03:43 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Drakonzeta
2010-10-14, 03:47 PM
Initiative [roll0]

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-14, 07:57 PM
init
[roll0]

NecroticPunch
2010-10-15, 09:29 AM
Gelidus mumbles a few words, and suddenly appears a short distance away from the men on the rooftop, and floats about forty feet above the ground, curious to see what might happen.

Cast Ghost Step and is 40 feet above the people.

Initiative: [roll0]

Best. Initiative. Ever.

Invelios
2010-10-15, 10:42 AM
You see the farthest away shadow cease laughing, and emit a mind numbing wail. Spellcraft DC 29 Wail of the Banshee

and instantly 3 of the shapes on the roof fall to the earth.

The bartender begins moving and you see a feint visible aura encompass his club. DC 50 Knowledge religion He just activated the great club version of an epic holy avenger

The male human, quick draws 2 hand crossbows an readies and action. Fire if the mage begins casting again

Ok the Next action is Shadow's if he chooses to use it. Then everyone else in the following Order:

Arcane
Chess
Drakozeta
Nerd
NPC 3
Necro

shadowedsoul
2010-10-15, 11:20 AM
Andais

Deciding that more information is required before she takes action, Andais flies up to get a better view of the conflict.

What I do next depends on what I find out now (I've only used a move action so far). I'm currently 120 ft. away from the furthest away visible combatant and have true seeing, a natural ability to see invisible creatures (there's no range limit on that one), touchsight out to 120 ft Tongues (in case they're talking some random language), Foresight (probably not real helpful right here, but it means they can't surprise me) and Greater Arcane Sight.

In case I need to make a spellcraft check (unlikely but you never know)-[roll0]

What do I find out?

Invelios
2010-10-15, 01:43 PM
@ Shadow You see a cloaked figure one roof top farther away than the Bartender (Holy Great Club), Waiter (dual Crossbows), and waitress. The other 3 waitresses have perished to a Wail of the Banshee Spell. (dang 1's)

Drakonzeta
2010-10-15, 01:59 PM
What do I hear? I'm invisible and spiderclimbed up, what do I hear?

Invelios
2010-10-15, 02:52 PM
@ Drakozeta Bone chilling scream.....Aughhhhh.....Splat, thud, Splat. *light saber noise* Stand and fight, Coward! Snick, snick (crossbows, readying)...maniacal laughter

Anything I missed?

shadowedsoul
2010-10-15, 03:28 PM
Andais

After gathering her new information, Andais marks each target as prey before revealing herself with a deafening cry and preparing herself for battle.

Free Action-Mark everyone one the roof as well as anyone within 300 ft. of Andais that was in the bar that she can see (unless there's more than 18 of them).

Free Action-Deactivate Shroud of Night's Law

Free Action-Speak (see below spoiler)

Swift Action-Hunter's Cry (everything within 150 ft. of Andais must make a DC 47 Will save or become frightened, creatures that pass the save are shaken and immune to further Hunter's Cries from Andais for the next 24 hours. (Immunity to fear does not protect against this, though creatures normally immune to fear get a +5 bonus on their save).

Standard Action-Ready a full attack should anyone attack, cast a spell at, use a non-beneficial special ability on or move to within 30 ft of Andais.

Also anyone who begins their turn within 150 ft. of Andais must make a DC 47 Will save or be affected by a bestow curse effect (I'm choosing to inflict the 50% chance of losing all your actions for the turn).

I think that's it.

What is the meaning of this?
She demands.

Chess435
2010-10-15, 04:02 PM
Bob will rush out to get a better look at the shadow, as a move action.

Invelios
2010-10-15, 04:24 PM
Bob will rush out to get a better look at the shadow, as a move action.

A cloaked figure, obviously a magic user.

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-15, 06:18 PM
presuming daniel is now outside...
hide check
[roll]1d20+34
while trying to get a look at what's going on

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-15, 06:19 PM
sorry[roll0]

Drakonzeta
2010-10-16, 06:29 AM
Zetar will continue to listen/wait, determining who exactly pushed the man through the door. As in, who he should be blasting the heck out of.

nerd-7i+e
2010-10-16, 08:23 AM
I probably have a good view of the situation since I flew to the rooftops, but if I don't I'll move to make sure I can see everything well.

Hide check. [roll0]

If my position is good, I'll delay until right after the NPC's turn.

Drakonzeta
2010-10-16, 11:27 AM
Spoiler wars...
Apparently I need to make a will save, so [roll0]

Chess435
2010-10-16, 11:57 AM
Bob will ready an action to counterspell with greater dispel magic as my standard action for the turn

Dispel Check: [roll0]

Invelios
2010-10-16, 06:21 PM
@ Arcane - You can read all spoilers written by me now :)

NPC 3 Begins Casting at the cloaked figure Spellcraft DC 29 Heal - enhanced w/reach to make it a ranged touch attack

The cloaked figure appears to be unaffected by the spell.

nerd-7i+e
2010-10-16, 07:04 PM
I'll cast Detect Good.

Edit: It's quickened by Automatic Quicken Spell

NecroticPunch
2010-10-17, 09:44 AM
DM Only
Gelidus readies an action to use Focused Necrotic Blast Nether Channel, should anyone attack, cast a spell at, or use a non-beneficial special ability on Gelidus, and they are within thirty feet of him.

Just FYI, that's [roll0] of damage. Not to shabby, eh?

Invelios
2010-10-18, 09:51 AM
@ Nerd Overwhelming good from the party on the roof, none coming from the cloaked figure.

Invelios
2010-10-19, 11:16 AM
The cloaked figure Casts twice.

Spellcraft DC 29
Quickened cone of cold

Spellcraft DC 50
Damnation (using ranged touch via feat)

The half orc disappears,.

The Human male appears unaffected, and the Human Female looks wounded.

If any of you are within a 60ft. (cone) of the cloaked figure, make a saving throw. DC 32

Human males does fire both Crossbows, but misses. and the cloaked figure vanishes.

Spellcraft DC 30
Contingent Teleport

shadowedsoul
2010-10-19, 11:58 AM
Andais

What was that all about?
Andais asks as she flies over to where the cloaked figure was and begins poking around.

DC 30 Survival check to see if I can determine where the cloaked figure teleported to-[roll0]. Oh look I passed.

I'm assuming we're not in combat rounds anymore, but if we are let me know and I can post another move action's worth of actions.

Invelios
2010-10-19, 01:04 PM
Nope no longer in combat.

Sigil - Market District.

"That was Achar. He is a foul beast from the nine hells. Though perhaps not originally. It is said that he was Human once, and that he only became what he is through corruption of a demonic entity."
Says the Cleric, now you can see her symbol of St. Cuthbert.
"We have been tracking him for 2 score years. The man that he tossed through the door of our tavern was our tracker. He was also my brother and for that I will have my vengeance! I am offering My portion and my brother's portion of the ownership of the tavern, My personal home here in Union, and 1000 Astral Diamonds to whatever person or group of persons either aids me in my quest or brings this nefarious wizard to Justice."She monologues.
"For now me and my compatriot must go and pray over the souls of our comrades. And ask that they be returned to us. The gods willing they will return."

The young man reloads his crossbows and re-slings them. "Don't worry, Cayleigh. I will also offer some of my personal wealth and my Title to see that your brother is avenged.

And they both climb down and begin to gather the 3 bodies from the streets below.

nerd-7i+e
2010-10-19, 01:15 PM
DC 50 Spellcraft check. [roll0]

Not sure if I'm close enough to necessitate a save, so but just in case...

To make sure I don't get a natural 1 (only time I'd fail). [roll1]

shadowedsoul
2010-10-19, 01:41 PM
Andais

Well I don't know about what he is, but I can tell you where he is. It has been a while since I've found a challenge as well, so if you will give me a moment to prepare I can take you to where he traveled.
She replies to the cleric.

Chess435
2010-10-19, 01:47 PM
Bob dispels his invisibility and approaches the cleric:
"So vengeance is what you seek, and you are certainly offering the right price. Looks like I've found employment once again." Bob says while letting out a grin. "Is there anything I should know before I stumble into some magical trap?"

Invelios
2010-10-19, 01:56 PM
@ Shadow It will be a few days before we are prepared to face a threat of his magnitude, but if you can gather a force to challenge him we would be very grateful. Even if all you do is delay his escape until we are able to regroup and defeat him. We thank you. says Cayleigh.

@ Chess We have told you much of the story, but not all. Achar is indeed a great wizard. He used to be one of our companions, until he turned away from the path, and killed another of our order. As far as we know he is still Human, but he may have allied himself with another creature in order to gain more power. He is also known to travel throughout the planes gaining allies and power to eventually usurp control of both Union and Sigil. Though we doubt that is where his ambitions end. We are honored that you would join our cause. She says.

Chess435
2010-10-19, 02:02 PM
I almost forgot about the cone: Reflex [roll0]
Evasion = No damage FTW!!!

shadowedsoul
2010-10-19, 02:02 PM
Andais

I can say where he's run off to now, but the colder the trail gets the harder it will be for me to follow, especially if he continues to use magical means of transport. Although if you have something that was owned by Achar that would allow me to circumvent that little hindrance.
Andais replies, smiling coldly.

nerd-7i+e
2010-10-19, 02:19 PM
Declogetus flies forward, forsaking the shadows. "I hope you don't mind if I come with you. I prefer to hunt alone, but it is always more amusing to see them who thought themselves impervious to death at another's hand be proven wrong. And this Achar seems powerful enough for such to be the case."

Chess435
2010-10-19, 02:22 PM
"A demilich, eh? You'll make an...... interesting companion for our job. We should begin our pursuit immediately."

nerd-7i+e
2010-10-19, 02:30 PM
"Much more than just a demilich." Quietly to himself, "If only it had ended there."

To help you notice the fact that I'm not just a demilich, I would like to remind you of my a) tentacles, b) wings, and c) composition of living maggots.

Chess435
2010-10-19, 03:41 PM
"I've never seen an individual quite like you. I have no doubt you have extensive knowledge of necromantic rituals and undead. You could be a valuable ally on this quest, so long as you conceal your true self in public, for the sake of staying out in trouble. I've no quarrel with the guards, but I prefer to stay out of any conflict I'm not being paid for."

nerd-7i+e
2010-10-19, 04:13 PM
"My knowledge of necromancy is much less than you might expect, although in my opinion too much. At any rate, I cannot turn into anything passable; I shall simply remain in the shadows."

Chess435
2010-10-19, 04:26 PM
"Yeah, you'll be able to blend in fairly well, as long as there isn't anyone else who can see through your illusions." Bob replies as he winks through his rose-colored glasses.

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-19, 04:59 PM
Reflex save
[roll0]
I also have evasion
"I'll help if I can"

NecroticPunch
2010-10-19, 05:49 PM
" I suppose I'll help in this pursuit. Though, I would prefer some artifacts of magic, over your... Astral Gems. Though, I would like to have all of you wait for me, so that I can prepare spells for this endeavor. " Gelidus says, as he floats down to be closer to the others.

Immunity to magic and supernatural effects FTW.

Let me prepare spells. OR DIE IN THE FROZEN PITS OF HELL!

nerd-7i+e
2010-10-19, 05:52 PM
"Yes, I also must prepare a few spells."

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-20, 07:36 AM
"what's wrong with diamonds? They're as good as money and if you want artifacts there's a place to buy just 'bout everything if you know where to look"

Invelios
2010-10-20, 03:22 PM
@ Shadow You feel the trail going colder as you wait. You approximate 24 hours before you will no longer be able to pinpoint where Achar went after Sigil. So you have that long for everyone to shop and prepare.

The cleric turns to Andais, and hands her a small symbol of a trowel. "This was his many years ago. It used to be a symbol of our companionship. It may aid you part of the way, as long as he has not strayed to far from humanity."

@ Everyone else, Shadow has the trail of Achar, please post what you are doing before you are ready to leave. Once everyone is ready and transport has been detailed we will progress the plot.

Also, For the experience Give yourselves 2500xp.

shadowedsoul
2010-10-20, 03:33 PM
Andais

Andais takes the trowel from Cayleigh.
Thank you, this might be most helpful.
She says, closing her eyes for a moment and concentrating.

Using one daily use of Discern Location to test if the object still has a strong enough connection to Achar to be useful.

Just in case he's thrown up a Mind Blank-Spot Check [roll0] (If the result is higher than the higher of Achar's hit dice or caster level then my casting of Discern Location punches through any Mind Blank effects on him).

Invelios
2010-10-20, 03:43 PM
Andais

Andais takes the trowel from Cayleigh.
Thank you, this might be most helpful.
She says, closing her eyes for a moment and concentrating.

Using one daily use of Discern Location to test if the object still has a strong enough connection to Achar to be useful.

Just in case he's thrown up a Mind Blank-Spot Check [roll0] (If the result is higher than the higher of Achar's hit dice or caster level then my casting of Discern Location punches through any Mind Blank effects on him).

This may not be cannon, but here is what happens
You detect feint traces of Achar on the trowel. Enough to get a mild reading on him but nothing definite. You can detect the plane or demiplane of existence he is in but cannot narrow it down farther. Currently his transponder is still blinking in Sigil (to mix my metaphors :smallbiggrin:)

Chess435
2010-10-20, 03:57 PM
"So, do we know where to find him? If that is the case, I'm ready to leave at any time."

nerd-7i+e
2010-10-20, 04:28 PM
"If we are going to wait for him to prepare spells, I will do so as well, but my need is far from urgent," Declogetus says, gesturing at Gelidus.

NecroticPunch
2010-10-20, 04:59 PM
" I would personally say that it is unnecessary for me to prepare new spells but... I strongly recommend that you allow me to; if it is too much, then I can wait, otherwise... Just tell me. " Gelidus says

ArcaneMonkey
2010-10-21, 07:34 AM
Daniel heads into the stables and walks out with a pseudodragon on his shoulder.
My familiar. Forgot about him before but let's just say that he was in the stables as well.

Chess435
2010-10-21, 09:15 AM
"So do we want to catch him with his guard hopefully down, or will we let both sides prepare for the coming conflict?

nerd-7i+e
2010-10-21, 10:37 AM
"Well, we have one advantage that he probably doesn't: we know we're after him. If we prepare, we'll be preparing to fight him specifically, but any preparations that he makes won't be out of the ordinary, so we'll be optimized. That being said, we ought to press our advantage while it lasts. Perhaps we ought to spend only an hour of preparation, and then seek him out?"

Chess435
2010-10-21, 01:15 PM
"So we are agreed. 1 hour to prepare spells and arm ourselves for battle. Prepare your spells accordingly. Meet back here when we are ready to depart."

shadowedsoul
2010-10-21, 02:01 PM
Andais

Very well. While you prepare I shall follow Achar in order to keep the trail fresh. Perhaps I will be able to find a more recent item that the wizard owned as well.
Andais says, frowning slightly at the trowel that Cayleigh had given her before disappearing for a moment and reappearing with her hounds at her side.
I shall meet you here in 1 hour's time.
She says, disappearing in the same spot that the wizard vanished.

Using Ride the Storm to go to the stable, retrieve hounds and use Ride the Storm to return.

Then using Ride the Storm a third time to follow Achar to Sigil (god I hate Sigil sometimes) and attempting to pick up the trail there.

Hounds are assisting in the tracking (each one gives me a +2 to my survival check).

With a trail this fresh the only thing I don't auto-succeed on is tracking through the air, and if part of the trail is through the air then the hounds have scent and will follow the trail that way until it hits the ground or becomes teleport-y again at which point Andais will resume being the primary tracker.

At no point am I going to approach within 300 ft. of Achar, should we catch up to him then I will simply tail him normally until it's time to come back and meet the group.

I will also have Shroud of Night's Law active on Andais on the off chance that someone notices the incredibly stealthy freedom of movement hounds with hide in plain sight.

Hide Check (Andais)-[roll0]
Move Silently Check (Andais)-[roll1]

Hide Check (Edric)-[roll2]
Move Silently Check (Edric)-[roll3]

Hide Check (Perchta)-[roll4]
Move Silently Check (Perchta)-[roll5]

Hide Check (Arawn)-[roll6]
Move Silently Check (Arawn)-[roll7]

Hide Check (Guthlac)-[roll8]
Move Silently Check (Guthlac)-[roll9]

Hide Check (Valdemar)-[roll10]
Move Silently Check (Valdemar)-[roll11]

Hide Check (Fionn)-[roll12]
Move Silently Check (Fionn)-[roll13]

Hide Check (Herla)-[roll14]
Move Silently Check (Herla)-[roll15]

Invelios
2010-10-21, 02:25 PM
@ Shadow His trail leads to the Lady's Ward towards the palace of the Lady of Pain herself.

nerd-7i+e
2010-10-21, 02:37 PM
Declogetus only has time to prepare his wizard spells (see character sheet).

Chess435
2010-10-21, 03:59 PM
I will spend a bit buffing myself with the following spells right before the hour is up:
Moment of prescience (30 hours),
arcane sight (30 min.),
shield (30 min.),
mind blank (24 hours),
true seeing (30 min, meaning it ran out halfway through the hour)

Spell slots remaining:
0-level: 6/6
1st: 11/12
2nd: 12/12
3rd: 11/12
4th: 12/12
5th: 12/12
6th: 9/12
7th: 12/12
8th: 9/11
9th: 12/12

Invelios
2010-11-22, 11:47 AM
Time to finish up the hour....once Shadow completes the one off we will resume.

Thanks for the patience guys.

Chess435
2010-11-22, 12:14 PM
Yay, we can move on!