PDA

View Full Version : help with exalted feats

VarianArdell
2010-10-12, 01:55 PM
I'm playing in a modified epic-level gestalt game in a couple of weeks, and I need help. I'm building a human RevisedMonk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150122)20//DragonShaman20, with the following feats:

Standard Feats
Sacred Vow
Vow of Poverty
Fists of Iron
Esoteric Weapons Training (Longbow)
Pain Touch
Improved Ki Defense
Weakening Touch
Clinging Breath

Monk Bonus Feats
Stunning Fist
Combat Reflexes
Improved Disarm
Improved Ki Strike
Freezing the Lifeblood
Crushing Strike

In addition to these, I have chosen the Intuitive Attack feat as my 1st-level exalted bonus feat. Any suggestions for the remaining feats?

aeauseth
2010-10-12, 05:43 PM
You have 11 Exalted Feats to pick. My first pass at this and in no particular order. I'm also assuming your planning to use your monk Ki attacks.

Let me give it a try:

Intuitive Attack (OP pick)
Exalted Spell Resistance
Fist of the Heavens
Nymph’s Kiss
Vow of Abstinence
Vow of Chastity
Vow of Nonviolence
Vow of Obedience
Vow of Purity
Sanctify Ki Strike
Holy Ki Strike

If you go epic you might like this (http://aaronwiki.us/index.php?title=Epic_Vow_of_Poverty).

aeauseth
2010-10-13, 11:30 AM
I also thought I'd share the general concensus on Vow of Poverty.

Its good for a Druid in animal form becuase you keep bonus regardless of shape. Typically armor melds into animal form and is lost, wildshape claps & such start to become costly. Druid's spells make up for most of the shortcommings of VoP.

It is adaquate (barely) for a monk. Since monks can't wear armor the exalted bonuses are nice. Lack of flight, teleportation, bypassing some DR is a problem. In most cases you can do just as good (or better) without VoP. May fit well with roleplaying.

Pretty much is a horible pick for any other class.

Kylarra
2010-10-13, 11:34 AM
Since Nymph's kiss is not retroactive, you should take that one at level 1, if you plan on taking it at all.

VarianArdell
2010-10-13, 02:37 PM
Since Nymph's kiss is not retroactive, you should take that one at level 1, if you plan on taking it at all.

I actually realized after the fact that I can't take Intuitive Attack at 1st level, so I switched it with Nymph's Kiss. As of now, I have the following:

Nymph's Kiss
Intuitive Attack
Touch of Golden Ice
Nimbus of Light
Sanctify Ki Strike
Holy Ki Strike
Exalted Spell Resistance
Stigmata
Holy Radiance
Fist of the Heavens
Servant of the Heavens

Morph Bark
2010-10-13, 02:46 PM
I also thought I'd share the general concensus on Vow of Poverty.

Its good for a Druid in animal form becuase you keep bonus regardless of shape. Typically armor melds into animal form and is lost, wildshape claps & such start to become costly. Druid's spells make up for most of the shortcommings of VoP.

It is adaquate (barely) for a monk. Since monks can't wear armor the exalted bonuses are nice. Lack of flight, teleportation, bypassing some DR is a problem. In most cases you can do just as good (or better) without VoP. May fit well with roleplaying.

Pretty much is a horible pick for any other class.

Let's not forget that incarnum-users don't mind it much either, and it can also befit an Unarmed Swordsage. Myself I am fond of the idea of a VoP Druid//Totemist with Swordsage 2 on one side at the end. :smallwink:

aeauseth
2010-10-13, 03:05 PM
I actually realized after the fact that I can't take Intuitive Attack at 1st level, so I switched it with Nymph's Kiss. As of now, I have the following:

Nymph's Kiss
Intuitive Attack
Touch of Golden Ice
Nimbus of Light
Sanctify Ki Strike
Holy Ki Strike
Exalted Spell Resistance
Stigmata
Holy Radiance
Fist of the Heavens
Servant of the Heavens

Early on Touch of Golden Ice is good, later on the DC14 Fort is just too easy.

By the time you get Holy Radiance the 1d4 vs undead is pretty small.

Servant of the Heavens for a +1 luck, once per day isn't particularly exciting.

I've never run a VoP character to level 20 so I may be nit picking a bit. You may find that there just aren't enough good Exalted feats, thus leaving you with things like Servant of the Heavens.

VarianArdell
2010-10-13, 03:42 PM
You may find that there just aren't enough good Exalted feats, thus leaving you with things like Servant of the Heavens.

yeah, about that. know any homebrew exalted feats? if so, links please!

aeauseth
2010-10-13, 06:53 PM
know any homebrew exalted feats? if so, links please!

Not off hand but you could easily create your own. The easiest would be to fix some of the existing ones such that they improve as you level.

Example Homebrew:

Touch of Golden Ice: Make the DC = 10 + HD/2 + WIS bonus. Pretty much the same DC calculation as a monster special ability.

Holy Radiance: Make the damage be 1d4 per 4 character levels. So 2d4 at level 4, 3d4 at level 8, etc.

Servant of the Heavens: Make the luck bonus +WIS Bonus (minimum 1). Usable once a day. Getting 1 additional use a day for every 6 character levels.