PDA

View Full Version : [D&D]Sourcebook for burglarizable buildings?

Muz
2010-10-12, 04:00 PM
Quick question for the forums:

Can anyone recommend a good sourcebook (or website) that would have a bunch of city buildings (homes, shops, etc.) with floorplans and little details (lock strengths, traps, loot inside) suitable for a thief campaign? I've got players wanting to pull some burglar jobs, but I'm not so great at coming up with places they can break into. Everything I design winds up being roughly the same.

Plus if I can just find something pre-made, obviously that cuts down on my workload. :smallsmile:

Morithias
2010-10-12, 05:37 PM
Quick question for the forums:

Can anyone recommend a good sourcebook (or website) that would have a bunch of city buildings (homes, shops, etc.) with floorplans and little details (lock strengths, traps, loot inside) suitable for a thief campaign? I've got players wanting to pull some burglar jobs, but I'm not so great at coming up with places they can break into. Everything I design winds up being roughly the same.

Plus if I can just find something pre-made, obviously that cuts down on my workload. :smallsmile:

Legendary book called "Ptlous" a 721 page book.....that is nothing but a very detailed guide to ONE city.

Get it, download it, whatever. You could run a part from level 1 to epic easily with only half the stuff in it.

Unrest
2010-10-13, 12:43 PM
Ptolus, hell yeah.

Muz
2010-10-13, 03:20 PM
I'm told by someone who's got the book that there are no maps for noble dwellings/mansions. (Are they mistaken? That's a large part of what I'm looking for.)

I've done some looking for a web resource/page that has an assortment of such maps, but most of what I can find is all ruins/towers/dungeons/caves and such.