PDA

View Full Version : Tanuki Town - Zombie Apocalypse RP - IC

NineThePuma
2010-10-12, 07:22 PM
The six adventurers, having been Teleported home in thanks by the Archmage of the Red Order, stand in the center of Bahamut's temple courtyard, aghast at the corpses of clerics scattered around.

Though not all of the party follows the Platinum Dragon, it was a good choice of landing, and was familiar to the Archmage.

Exactly what was going on became readily apparent after only a few minutes of searching: the City was infested by Zombies. They were strong, contagious, and had already infected many. Only the prior actions of the Pelorian Church slowed the infection, and while there are still several hundred survivors, the city's quarantine cannot be broken while the disease exists.

But the journal of the now dead priest tells little more, as there are pages missing and the cover is stained in blood.

Ryuk01
2010-10-12, 08:07 PM
"Stay." Darux's voice is crisp and clear in the minds of Celyn, Braith, and Ajax. Darux walks to the stiff, cold bodies of the dead clerics, kneels, and whispers a swift prayer to each and every one of them. Satisfied that their journey to Bahamut's side will be safe, he rejoins his companions. "Let us find food and shelter in this town," Darux announces in his baritone voice,"Maybe then we can think of a plan. Move quickly before the zombies find us." Darux and Ajax scout in front, constantly watching for any signs of danger.

jywu98
2010-10-12, 08:20 PM
"Reading the poor cleric's book will tell us more.", Chargron says as he picks up the book, bringing it along. "Perhaps if you would not stop to say prayers to every dead person, we might be able to get out of here.", Chargron added with a smirk.

Ryuk01
2010-10-12, 09:23 PM
"I am assuring that their passage to the other side will be safe," Darux replied to the aberrant man. "Do the followers of Ehlonna not cherish life enough to be saddened by the loss of good men?" Without another word, Darux's scales turn into black fur and his draconic face morphs into a wolf-like head. Slowly, Darux transforms into a large bat-like creature and unfurls his leathery patagiums. Flapping his wings with powerful muscles, Darux flies high above the party, looking as if he was swimming through air. He carefully observes the town from above.

What do I see, Dyth?

By the way, I wildshaped into a Desmondu Hunting Bat.

Starsign
2010-10-12, 09:56 PM
In a corner of the courtyard, a monk was giving a prayer to his fellow cleric who had died before his arrival. The monk was interesting however in that he wasn't human, he was in fact a werewolf. Standing nearly 7' tall, Lawrec finished his prayer and walked over to the two dragonborn, posing a sort of smile on his face. "The prayers are important dragonborn," he said to Chargron. "We are to oversee their passage to heaven while we stay and protect those who's time has not come yet." Lawrec was focused, concentrated on his job as it felt out of place to start cracking the jokes yet.

He took a look up to see Darux taking a view of the city in his bat form. Lawrec jumps up to the highest point nearby to take a look for himself.

Starsign
2010-10-12, 09:59 PM
[roll0] Might as well make a jump check. What do I see too?

NineThePuma
2010-10-12, 10:18 PM
The city is mostly unharmed. You can only see a short ways, but there are a number of bodies, and the church to Wee-Jas is aflame. The scent of death and rotting flesh abounds above the walls. In the murky distance, huge walls stand, taller than any structure save the Arcane Tower. There are only a few spots aflame, and most are distant. The temple ward seems mostly deserted, though you spy a single humanoid figure walking aimlessly, it's head down as it walks away.

Okay, I'm just telling you all in one post instead of sectoring it off.

Ryuk01
2010-10-12, 10:37 PM
Darux swoops back down towards the party and lands gracefully on a nearby beam. Hanging upside down and tucking his wings in, he reports the condition of the city and describes what he saw to the rest of the party.

Sorry, short post. Just a heads up, I'm going to put my OoC posts in the spoiler until Grendus sends in his stat block. Can I assume that Graian has my pack? It weighs 3 lbs max. Also, Lawrec, you are supposed to have 66 health, not 36.

Grendus
2010-10-12, 10:39 PM
Ellis wakes up from his hiding place behind a pile of bodies in the temple. Or rather, he'd call it a hiding place, it's really just where he passed out after clearing the area for the night. He stretches, reaching down to pat brains on the head. "Must be mornin' then. It don't smell like a sewer anymore, zombie corpses rot faster'n anythin'." He draws his swords carefully, making as little noise as possible before peering over his makeshift barricade.

He notices the other survivors immediately, and jumps up with barely the sense of mind to sheathe his swords before running after them yelling "Hey, wait up. Holy crap, how the heck aren't you dead yet?"

Starsign
2010-10-13, 04:33 PM
Lawrec takes a look around from his post before heading back to the two dragonborns. He simply stayed silent until Darux finished his seeings. The werewolf simply replied, "That's about what I saw too, were completely quarantined, though I bet I could climb those walls in about an hour." He gave a wink to the two.

Lawrec turned to the new guy and puts himself in the way between the dragonborns and the human. He had a more vicious tone in his voice as he told the human, "And what do you happen to be? A psycopath? A murderer? You ought to know to put away your weapons in times like this!" The werewolf immediately made a grab for the swords in an attempt to disarm the new guy.

I attempt to grab both swords with both of Lawrec's claws. I believe I get -3 penalty to attack because I have the Two-Weapon Fighting feat and my claws are Natural Weapons. Did I do this right considering my +10/5 attack bonus?
Mainhand: [roll0] [roll1]
Offhand: [roll2] [roll3]

DefenderDT
2010-10-13, 05:21 PM
Shendiro stepped forward from behind a few deceased clerics and placed a hand on Lawrec's shoulder, while he grabbed at the weaponry, muttering to him;

"We'd be wise to not ruin an ally before an ally can be ruined to us." He gave a small glint of a nod, underneath his overly-sized hat. His voice was deep and raspy, sounding as a man who's known his fair share of life, and would not fall into agression as easily as his compatriot.

jywu98
2010-10-13, 05:41 PM
"Aberrant man, and what are you, a silver colored stunted draconian.", Chargron mutters as he walks. "Let's head towards the Arcane Tower. We might find some useful items there."

C_Lee_B
2010-10-13, 06:30 PM
It might be a good time to take a look at that journal." Says the the second Dragonborn, quit until now. "My fallen brother could have obtained useful intellegence on what we are up against." Graian looks expectantly at is aberrant companion, disregarding the remark about his kind.

jywu98
2010-10-13, 06:32 PM
"Sure thing. And you do seem to be a lot nicer.", said Chargron as he hands the dragonborn the dead cleric's journal.

So, Dyth, what's in it?

C_Lee_B
2010-10-13, 06:36 PM
Quickly praying for good news to be inside this journal, he opens the journal. His scaled hands shake with anticipation.

jywu98
2010-10-13, 06:53 PM
"What is in it?" Chargron asks eagerly as the cleric opens the book. He himself, usually kind of reckless, also hoped that the journal contains good news.

C_Lee_B
2010-10-13, 07:30 PM
Angrily, Graian snaps the book shut. "Nothing more than what the Archmage already told us."

Starsign
2010-10-13, 07:38 PM
Lawrec stopped himself at the request of Shendiro, and said, "My apologies... Don't start running at us with those okay? Last thing you need is your sight being lost together with your marbles, hah!" The monk turned to the two who were arguing over the book and shrugged his shoulders. "If we can't make anything out of the book, shall we take a look around for the missing pages? Better doing something than welcoming the undead with open arms."

Ryuk01
2010-10-13, 07:41 PM
Darux, sensing combat, calls Ajax, Celyn, and Braith over. Together, they surround Ellis, with Darux flying overhead. Ellis hears a deep voice enter his head, "Sheathe your weapons, human. You couldn't take on all of us."
Upon listening to Shendiro's words, Darux and his animal companions back away, giving Ellis some room. However, he still carefully watches Ellis, prepared to cast Luminous Armor on himself if he makes any threatening moves. Ajax also readies to pounce on this warrior in case fighting ensues.

jywu98
2010-10-13, 07:46 PM
"Calm down, okay." Chargron says, "He's a survivor."

DefenderDT
2010-10-13, 07:54 PM
Shendiro stepped back from his friend and then walked to Lawrec's Side. His sandals clomping down like wooden slats banging together against the stone floor.

"Stranger, I would bear thine name, my party does not seem as patient as I. Be you friend or enemy? ""

He looked upwards through his covers to get a good glimpse at this new person, taking mental notes about their form and joints.

Ryuk01
2010-10-13, 07:55 PM
Darux shivers, remembering the first time he witnessed Chargron's manifested form. Ever since then, Darux has always felt uncomfortable around the sorcerer and often avoids him. Darux resumes his attention towards the new survivor, "Tell us your story first, and maybe then will we tell you ours."

C_Lee_B
2010-10-13, 08:04 PM
"Personally, I welcome any extra compainion to help us survive this hell," the cleric states.

DefenderDT
2010-10-13, 08:32 PM
"I agree with the man who speaks, but have only one concern. Does Poision blood run in his veins o cleric? If so I shall rend him in twain now, to save us the trouble later..."

jywu98
2010-10-13, 09:06 PM
"He looks innocent enough. He is not an undead creature either. And plus, he could've slit our throats then if he wanted to. My vote, if it counts at all," Chargron said while smiling, "is to help this poor man and pray he does not have any diseases instead of praying to dead bodies." Chargron' smile now turns into a grin. And now he turns to the newcomer, and trying to match his accent, says:"Now don't mind those folks o'er there. They're just kinda spooked out by the undead and them dead clerics. By the way, ma name's Chargron. Nice tha meet you. And tha answer your question, we just got teleported here by an Archmage. Now everybody get acquainted. We ain't got no time to waste."

Ryuk01
2010-10-13, 09:38 PM
"You make little sense, Chargron. How could he have slit our throats? We just met him, and he seems just as surprised as we are. Also, Graian, look in my pack and take out the wand. That wand removes disease of any kind, so use it on the fellow to purge him. While you're at it, could you hand me the rod? I need to cast some spells to prepare for this apocalypse."

For Chargron:
You hear Darux's furious voice inside your head. "Enough with these constant insults. If you disregard me and my honor again, I swear, by Bahamut's claw, that you will suffer for it!"

jywu98
2010-10-13, 09:40 PM
"How could've he have not. He was behind us. It was he who rushed up to us while he could've easily just snuck behind us and "Whoosh" the job is done. Just let me help you get that, Darux." says Chargron as he reaches into Darux's pack and pulls out a wand. "It would also be better to detect poison first, too." He throws the wand into Darux's claws.

Starsign
2010-10-13, 09:49 PM
As the dragonborns argued on the human, Lawrec went to check around the courtyard, seeing if there were any valuable items or equipment.

Search check: [roll0]

Ryuk01
2010-10-13, 09:50 PM
"And have to deal with Ajax, Celyn, Braith, and the rest of us all at once after he takes down person? I think not." Darux turns away from the ozodrin, indicating that this conversation is over.

Grendus
2010-10-13, 09:50 PM
I did sheathe my weapons, but I mentioned it offhand. Guess I should have been clearer.

Ellis shakes his head as he catches up to the group, catching his breath. "Nah, I ain't a rogue. Well, I coulda got one of you, I guess, but I'd rather live. Asides, I ain't that low on supplies. Sorry 'bout scarin' ya like that though. It's just most survivors nowadays hide or move all-quiet like, on account of the zombies. Well, and the clerics, they ain't exactly makin' everyone feel welcome. I was surprised ya had the guts to stand out in the open," he says. "The zombies aint that bad, but they got a bite that's lethal if you ain't tough, and the temples'r either overwhelmed or overrun. If ya' get bit, unless you can cure it yourselves you're screwed. And then there's the lich, if you even hear he's in your part of the city you de-ass the area and look for a change of pants, if ya know what I mean. "

He looks back at the corpses in the temple. "One of my last party members got bit yesterday, s'why I'm here. We went to the temple of bahamut to see if they could cure the disease - it's hit or miss, ya know, whatever's causin' this is tougher'n a dwarf barbarian. Some other survivors were sayin' this temple was still runnin'. Lots of 'em 'av been overrun, too many people get in the same place and the zombies are on ya like a pack of dogs on a one legged cat. Some said this place had a silence spell over it though, made diagnosis and treatment hell but kept the zombies down. Apparently they were wrong.

Anyways, we get here and it's quiet. Scary-like quiet, like it gets before a fight or when there's a cougar nearby. The bitten man starts yellin' for help. And of course we're shushin' him, but he keeps yellin'. Calls every zombie from here to fifth street, includin' the zombies of the clerics here. We got through it ok, the zombies ain't that tough, but most of us got bit. I didn't catch it, but most of the others did. They either ran or died, I been up half the night making sure they stay dead, after the sickness gets em, of course."

He shuffles his feet, then extends his hand towards them. "I'm Ellis. You can call me Ell... but I wish you wouldn't. 'Cause Ell's a girls name. Oh yea, and save the wand, I ain't sick. I know what it's like, I was bit durin' the first week'a the outbreak, back when the temples were workin'. A cleric of Moradin got me through it, took him six castings but he managed it. You'll need all the charges of that thing you can get, it resists spells, scrolls, and potions pretty damn well."

jywu98
2010-10-13, 10:03 PM
Chargron, attempting to make a conversation, shouts out to Darux: "Whatcha see up there? Any zombies?"

Starsign
2010-10-13, 10:06 PM
"You're quite a talker, eh Ellis?" Lawrec mentioned while searching. His voice now being more sincere. "I've seen many of my subordinates and acquaintances get bit. They are either put down by us, or by the paladins upon meeting, it's never an enjoyable sight..." The werewolf just releases a sigh of sadness.

NineThePuma
2010-10-13, 10:11 PM
At Chagron's shout a low moan emanates from the street, carrying quite far apparently, a signal...

Stealth, my friends. It isn't your strong suit, is it?

jywu98
2010-10-13, 10:12 PM
"Ah crap. Run!"

Grendus
2010-10-13, 10:20 PM
Hide Check:[roll0]
Swift Action: Change to Assassins Stance.
May as well roll initiative, for grins. [roll1]
Ironically, I considered snapping at Chargron for that same thing.
"Get down!" Ellis whispers, stepping into a nearby hiding place. He swiftly draws his swords, shifting his grip to make it easier to go for the soft points on the zombies. He motions to Brains, who joins him.

Starsign
2010-10-13, 10:20 PM
Lawrec hears the moan come from across the street. "Everyone, hurry!" he cries as he starts jumping to the roof of a nearby building, then try to blend in with the rooftop.

Jump check to get to a higher place: [roll0]

Starsign
2010-10-13, 10:22 PM
Oops, forgot to make a hide check. [roll0]

DefenderDT
2010-10-14, 05:30 AM
Seeing all the fast commotion made by his comrades, Shindiro follows suit and ducks behind the shadow of a building, trying to blend in.

Hide is a total +4, 1d20+4 [13]

jywu98
2010-10-14, 04:13 PM
Chargron runs to the nearest pile of corpses and tries to hide there.
Hide: [roll0]
I also ready an action.

NineThePuma
2010-10-14, 04:29 PM
Ready an action to what? =\ You gotta specify.

Ryuk01
2010-10-14, 05:18 PM
Darux swoops down to the ground and closes his eyes, murmuring strange words. Completing his incantation, he watches in satisfaction as a misty vapor arises around him. He flies out of the stationary vapor, glad that they are now totally concealed against the zombie's prying gaze.

Obscuring Mist.

Ryuk01
2010-10-14, 05:31 PM
Hide Checks:
Darux:[roll0] (Actually a 10, Desmondu Hunting Bats get a +4 bonus to Hide)
Ajax: [roll1]
Celyn:[roll2]
Braith:[roll3]

NineThePuma
2010-10-14, 05:47 PM
The stumbling shambling walking corpse let's out a louder moan as it wanders into the courtyard. Despite the mist, you realize it can't actually see you. Right up until it settles down about ten feet from Chargon to attempt to eat one of the bodies, mechanically ripping into flesh and consuming the corpse.

That mist kind of ruins the ambush, I would think. Also: please try to only post once per 'round' in combat. I have school, homework, and other such trappings. Coming home to a page and a half is annoying.

jywu98
2010-10-14, 08:18 PM
Chargron, afraid that the zombie will notice him after a while, manifests his form. He then attacks with all his features.
I move till I see the zombie, manifest form and attack.
Sickle: [roll0]
Claw: [roll1]
Tentacle: [roll2]
Tentacle: [roll3]
Mouth: [roll4]
Touch Attack to Grapple(Bizarre Grappler): [roll5]

jywu98
2010-10-14, 08:37 PM
Attack Rolls
Crit Threat:
Sickle Damage: [roll]4d6+8

jywu98
2010-10-14, 08:42 PM
Sickle: [roll0]
Tentacle: [roll1]
Tentacle: [roll2]

jywu98
2010-10-14, 08:55 PM
Sickle Damage: [roll0]
Just take 1d6 out of first roll.

NineThePuma
2010-10-14, 09:32 PM
The zombie gives a high pitched shriek as it's ripped apart, the shriek cut off as the scythe punches through the unfortunate's skull.

DefenderDT
2010-10-14, 09:45 PM
Stepping quickly from out of the shadows, Shendiro clomps towards the newly slain Zombie, keeping a few feet distance.

"That death bellow was as loud as a swan's song.. We need to find cover before we are discovered...We should travel as the birds and keep our feet off the ground.

Shendiro nodded towards a set of rooftops headed the direction the party was going to anyways. "There's our point..."

Starsign
2010-10-14, 10:05 PM
Chargron's sudden form change had surprised Lawrec. He had heard that the draconic human was somewhat aberrant, but he had no idea Chargron was some sort of abomination.

But that did not matter. Chargron was willing to help them survive, and that's what mattered. Lawrec comes out of hiding so the others could see him on the roof. He gave a smile of approval to them, as to not attract his voice to the zombies.

Grendus
2010-10-15, 02:50 PM
"Rooftops ain't exactly easy on those without thumbs," Ellis says, motioning to his dog. "A'sides, when runnin' from zombies, speed's the thing. Some of 'em can climb." He points one of his swords down an alley. "I vote we de-ass the area that way."

jywu98
2010-10-15, 05:57 PM
Chargron turns back to his normal self. In a flash, his tentacles and mouth suddenly disappear. "Well that was easy." he said. "Only two of us have wings, and the truth is, we'll slow down, and who said there weren't any flying zombies?" Chargron says as he walks towards Ellis.

Ryuk01
2010-10-16, 10:28 AM
Darux ignores the conversation of his fellow party members, instead choosing to stand next to Ajax. He focuses on the image of marked sticks inside his head, and begins chanting the words of power. Feeling the divine energy leave from his body, Darux patiently waits for the answer to his Omen of Peril.

NineThePuma
2010-10-18, 06:21 PM
As Darux performs the divination, he is suddenly barraged with feelings of dread and danger, forcefully terminating the spell a moment later. The spell gave no sense of safety, and no feeling of even moderate peril. It was all danger, and in that moment, everywhere his mind sought for safety screamed danger.

Only a flash of a fleshless skull grinning, eyes glowing a faint blue, told him anything useful: somewhere a Lich walked. And that Lich had sensed the divination.

Sorry for the delay. I went a bit far with the descriptor, but I thought it would be better that way. Sense of foreboding.

jywu98
2010-10-19, 05:46 PM
"C'mon, let's go already." says the ozodrin impatiently.

Ryuk01
2010-10-19, 07:15 PM
Darux tumbles back, mind reeling from his divination. Cold sweat drips down his face as he catches his breath, the picture of the grinning skull still fresh in his mind. He prays to Bahamut for strength, but the intense feeling of fear and despair cloud his mind and make him trip over his prayers. Darux looks at the rest of the party with a haunted face, the true implications of the apocalypse finally sinking in. He will die, his friends will die, the thousands of people in this city will all succumb to this disease and walk this world forever in undeath. The lich knows that he was here, and now it would only be a matter of moments before he found them. The lich would ensure that Darux's soul would never find its way to Bahamut's side, that he will be forced to serve the lich for millenia, and that Ajax, Celyn, and Braith will suffer too. He sits down near his forest companions, distressed after the horror he witnessed. Celyn and Braith feel his pain and stand next to him protectively, growling whenever someone gets too near. However, Ajax, having an empathic link with Darux, fares the worst, shivering from the immense danger present. After a few minutes, Darux manages to calm down slightly and gets ready to inform his party members of the foreboding news.

Starsign
2010-10-19, 07:27 PM
Seeing the intense horror in his acquaintance's eyes, Lawrec jumps down from the roof to Darux. He gets on his knees and holds his hand to Darux's forehead to check for a fever or symptom of some sort. "You alright?" he asks.

DefenderDT
2010-10-19, 07:57 PM
Stepping over to his quivering friend, Shendiro placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled.

"Worry not of the future my friend.. as we make it not live it..."

He backed up slightly and listened to the area for any discrete noises, taking a low stance and placing his hand on the ground for reverb balance.

d20 roll of 12 +10 for Listen skill.

Ryuk01
2010-10-19, 08:22 PM
"I'm fine." Darux's usually clear voice is gruff. He takes a deep breath, and tells the party in a soft voice, "I cast a divination to sense the danger around us and... it was horrible! The spell screamed of great danger and fear everywhere. There is no safety in this town; only danger after danger after danger. I was forced to end my spell before I went mad..." Darux's voice fails him. He continues in a quivering voice, "A lich walks the streets of this town. And he sensed my divination. What will we do now? What future can we make? Survival is impossible; even if we manage to kill all the thousands of zombies in this town, we still have a lich hunting us down! We will all die in this hellhole, and our bodies will walk this land in undeath forever, unable to truly rest in peace." Darux slumps down, defeated.

DefenderDT
2010-10-19, 08:26 PM
Shendiro looked up, and stepped in front of Darux, holding his blade handle forward in front of him.

"I would not let one man live that life if I could help it..."

He popped the blade out somewhat, the metal shining in the sunlight. "Do not fear that what you cannot have."

Grendus
2010-10-19, 09:21 PM
Listen check if applicable: [roll0]

"Not to be disrespectful or nothin', but I strongly suggest we de-ass the area in this direction here," Ellis says, pointing down a side street. "Unless your divination says that's where the lich is. If we're gonna stay here, we might as well start shamblin' and moanin' brains."

Ellis listens for any nearby zombies, or any sign of the lich.

Starsign
2010-10-20, 08:26 AM
Lawrec gripped his partner tightly as he told what he saw. "Keep it together! Now's not the time to freak out like this!" Despite being vigilant, the monk knew that Darux was right, they wouldn't be getting out of this. After a minute, Lawrec let go of Darux and thought for a minute, thought of what would happen, if anyone still alive could get out of this alive. He didn't want this entire population to die, but...

Lawrec got up after thinking, turning to Ellis, he says, "You're right, we should get to safety. The more we dawdle, the more danger we'll get in. He turns to Darux and gives his hand, "Come, let's hurry."

jywu98
2010-10-20, 06:04 PM
"Hey, Ellis. You're familiar with this town, right? Are there any more survivors? More people means higher rate of survival." Chargron says.

Ryuk01
2010-10-20, 07:16 PM
Darux lets out a shrill, almost hysterical laugh. "Hah! Better survival rate? Our survival rate is at zero and will stay there. More people will just mean more zombies..." Darux returns to his forlorn state. "Why do we keep on doing this? Why do we still try to survive? Fate will get us one way or another, so why don't we end the struggle and accept our deaths? Give me one good reason."

jywu98
2010-10-20, 07:34 PM
"I'll give you one reason, ya damn bastard. We are not done yet. Who cares if there's a Lich after us. You're the strongest in the party, but I don't care. It's survival of the fittest out there, and you're getting to the bottom of the food chain. We've fought zombies before, haven't we? It is still the same game! The rules have not changed, it is just a bit harder. If we stick together, it will help. If you wanna become zombie food, go ahead. I'm sure nobody will honor you any more. Please," begged Chargron, "We need you. Remember what you told me the last time I lost hope? You said: There is light at the end of the tunnel, it all depends on you yourself, and your will to reach it."

Ryuk01
2010-10-20, 08:18 PM
Darux looked upon the ozodrin with new eyes. No longer was he the ignorant, stupid man that infuriated him; Darux realized that under his harsh words and aberrant nature, he was really trying his best to help. "Maybe you are right," Darux said, slowly regaining his noble bearing. "We aren't done with. There is light and the end of the tunnel, and even a thousand liches will not stop me from reaching it! Ajax, scout the side street with Celyn. Braith, watch for signs of danger. I will watch from above." Darux quickly unfurls his wings and flies above the party. He grins, "Let's de-ass the area and find some food and shelter."

Grendus
2010-10-20, 09:14 PM
I presume that since we're sneaking through the town we should roll hide and move silently checks?
Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Ellis shakes his head and leads the group down a side street away from any dead end alleys. "Mos' people ain't that at survivin' in a zombie infested town. It's not exactly the kind of thing you learn if you ain't in the business of killin' anyhow, but whatever's causin' this don't seem to need strong corpses to make strong zombies. We had a couple thousand of 'em in less than a week, after that most of the city was a loss. Only safe place nowadays is if you can find the paladins, but they tend to wander. Even the lich don't seem to wanna mess with them."

"Best ya' can usually do is find some place where you'd have warnin' if they try to get ya'. Usually means settin' up barricades, or if you're lucky enough to have a wizard around an alarm spell. As for food, well, I hope you brought some. The city's quarantined, most of the food's been eaten by now. What's left's mostly rotten, but edible if you know how to get it clean." Ellis leads the party through a maze of side streets and back alleys towards an old safe house he had been using a few nights ago.

jywu98
2010-10-20, 09:24 PM
"Perhaps the dear Druid had prepared Purify Food and Water? If not, I can Rope Trick and let us rest, and hopefully Darux will prepare it."

Ryuk01
2010-10-21, 07:21 AM
"I do not have Purify Food and Water, but now that Chargron mentions it, we won't need to build any shelter to sleep in. Rope Trick will keep us safe from anything." Darux furrows his brow in concentration. "Remember when we were in Quelasoth's dungeon? Graian had a spell that created Food and Water!" Darux looks expectantly at Graian.

Starsign
2010-10-21, 07:24 AM
Hide check: [roll0]
Move Silently check: [roll1]

Lawrec had his mouth mostly shut, but this one time he had to speak up. "I have some contacts among the paladins, we used to meet at our special place on off-hours across the city." He took a quick look around before continuing, "If we can get to them, I can convince them if we can stay among them. We'd be much safer than as we are now."

jywu98
2010-10-21, 04:09 PM
"He sure did, but it is a spell of high level, so we should try to stick with Purify Food and Water. But, of course, it is up to you."

Ryuk01
2010-10-21, 04:29 PM
"Where are they, Lawrec?"

Starsign
2010-10-21, 05:41 PM
Lawrec stopped walking and gave a nod before getting on the roof to see where he could see the paladins.

Search check: [roll0]

Ryuk01
2010-10-21, 09:09 PM
Darux, seeing Lawrec jump on the roof, flies above him and keenly searches for any paladins in the area.

Spot: [roll0]
Search checks are used when you are within 10 ft of the object or surface.

Starsign
2010-10-22, 09:49 AM
Crap, sorry!
Spot check: [roll0]

NineThePuma
2010-10-24, 11:57 AM
Unfortunately, you see no paladins immediately, though you see a great deal o movement to the west, what appears to be a large swarm of zombies shuffling toward you. They're slow moving, but there are too many to count...

Ryuk01
2010-10-24, 08:21 PM
Darux, a little bit panicked, regains his composure and assesses the situation. He furrows his brows in concentration. What would he do here? Suddenly, an idea pops into his head and he smiles. "Follow me," he confidently tells the others. Darux moves along with Celyn, Braith and Ajax, and faces the zombie horde. Quickly, he casts a spell, and a greenbound wolf appears in front of him. Issuing several commands, he watches in satisfaction as Celyn, Braith, and the wolf each cast a spell and construct 3 layers of Wall of Thorns in front of the mass of zombies. And finally, Darux touched Ajax, imbuing him with a pale green aura.

Spells used: Summon Nature's Ally 1 in place of Omen of Peril, Wall of Thorns, and Venomfire.

Starsign
2010-10-24, 10:02 PM
Lawrec follows Darux, watching the wall be constructed. Standing beside him, the werewolf asks, "Planning a last stand already? We ought to save heroics for the foolish that follows the fool." He gave a smirk as he spoke.

Ryuk01
2010-10-26, 06:53 AM
"The walls are just a simple spell to stop the zombies," Darux says,"while the spell I cast on Ajax will last us most of the day." Darux realizes the arrogance in his voice, and changes his tone, "I see your point though. Perhaps I am overreacting too much?"

jywu98
2010-10-26, 05:52 PM
"The wall will probably just delay the zombies. I think we should force the zombies into a narrow pass, then take them out one by one."

Starsign
2010-10-26, 07:55 PM
Lawrec looked concerned, but said, "If that's the best idea than let's go with it, I have nothing better anyway."

Grendus
2010-10-27, 11:15 AM
"I do. What part of 'de-ass the area' is hard to understand," Ellis says, jogging down a side street. "You can save the heroics for the dungeons, here it's about survival."

Ryuk01
2010-10-27, 04:58 PM
Darux growls slightly, a little angry about his companions responses to his efforts, "Weigh your words before you speak, human. I do believe that stopping this mass of zombies is helping us survive. I would not live long if all my actions were based on your 'heroics'. I have braved the glacier's darkest, coldest crevasse for three days. I have journeyed through the 9 hells of the Demon King Tatharok. Do not accuse me of your simple heroics. I do this for survival, and survival only." Darux unfurls his wings and flies 120ft above the zombies to see their reaction to the Wall of Thorns.

What do I see, Dyth?

DefenderDT
2010-10-28, 09:33 PM
Standing still Shendiro places a hand on his Katana, waiting for any weakness to sign from the wall, and ready to strike anything that may pass through.

Grendus
2010-10-30, 04:20 PM
"Oh, I didn't realize I was in the presence of such a hero," Ellis says sarcastically. "And what, my well versed champion, do you plan to do if the lich shows up? You know, the one that sensed your divination and is headed here." He spits, then starts walking down the alleyway again.

"Maybe you can take a few hundred zombies, maybe you can't, but I ain't seen nothin' to suggest you got enough firepower to take on a lich half his strength. I seen a paladin smite him three times and he didn't even flinch. Even if'n we got a good 30 second head start, I don't think we could smash his body, plus he'll just get a new one in a few days anyways, unless he carries his phylactery on his person."

Starsign
2010-10-30, 07:20 PM
Lawrec was getting anxious with all this discussion. He said rather sarcastically "Have your minds stopped quarreling by controlling your lips?" He looked on at the horde, at least as best as he could see. In a more serious tone he said, "Come on!" grabbed Ellis and Shendiro with his hands and started to run away from the advancing horde, dashing down the side street.

NineThePuma
2010-10-30, 11:43 PM
The swarm of zombies starts pressing up against the wall, struggling against it and scrabbling over each other, climbing higher, trying to go over it. In the far distance a massive explosion of ice erupts, casting chunks of buildings into the sky. Apparently a paladin found the lich.

Ryuk01
2010-10-31, 08:25 PM
Darux immediately pales. He whips around and says, "Run Ajax! Celyn and Braith, follow Lawrec!" He takes one last look at the walls of thorns, then flies like a madman away from the explosion. Darux and his nature companions disappear down the side street.

jywu98
2010-11-12, 08:45 PM
Chargron, seeing his companions flee immediately grabs the cleric and runs as fast as he could toward his companions.

Ryuk01
2010-11-13, 09:31 AM
Darux breathes heavily from the flying and looks around for a suitable hiding spot in the side street.

DythWhat do I see around me?