PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Adventure

Captainocaptain
2010-10-12, 10:08 PM
Okay, I had an idea for a Halloween adventure that I think is fantastic, but I need help fleshing it out.
Its a multi-step half survival horror, half mystery conspiracy.

Basically, I want it in 5 parts.
Part 1- Survival Horror Zombie Apocalypse: the players start in a post-apocalyptic, zombie infested Left for Dead style world. At a certain point, they end up in the near death, I'm going to be killed right now moment. Then...
They wake up.
Part 2- Mystery: You have had the strangest dream... But there are clues and maybe it was not a dream. You discover ... something ... which leads you to discover that it was not a dream. (I'm thinking of making all the players co-workers at the same company, they exchange stories which leads to the whole look for clues thing.)
Part 3- Conspiracy: the players go on an adventure etc. to discover what the dream really was, who was behind it, etc. Sort of a part of the previous phase, but yeah. but suddenly, they end up in horrible situation #2, stuck in phase 4, whatever that is. Basically OMG I'm going to die moment and then... boom, part 4.
Part 4- No idea what I want to do for this one, help me out here
Finally Part 5- Back in Zombie Apocalypse: Players wake up or whatever back in part 1. OMG GAAHHH!!! for a while, then the explore, and are lead to a building. Describe building in great detail, they go inside. Describe the room you are playing in, including all the players and the GM. Then, "So, you're finally here. You have finally reached the end. Do you know who was behind it all?" .... "It was us. BWHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!"

Okay thats all I have so far, can you guys help me flesh it out more?
I need a Phase 4, a system to use, (They only need 1 character sheet even though they have a few different characters. Basically they will never change stats or anything.), and just more story than I already have. Help me out guys.
If you like the idea, feel free to use it. If you dont like the idea, you dont have to tell me so, just dont write. Thanks. You playgrounders are the best.

dsmiles
2010-10-13, 04:31 AM
Basically, I want it in 5 parts.
Part 1- Survival Horror Zombie Apocalypse: the players start in a post-apocalyptic, zombie infested Left for Dead style world. At a certain point, they end up in the near death, I'm going to be killed right now moment. Then...
They wake up.
So far, so good...

Part 2- Mystery: You have had the strangest dream... But there are clues and maybe it was not a dream. You discover ... something ... which leads you to discover that it was not a dream. (I'm thinking of making all the players co-workers at the same company, they exchange stories which leads to the whole look for clues thing.)
...also sounds good...

Part 3- Conspiracy: the players go on an adventure etc. to discover what the dream really was, who was behind it, etc. Sort of a part of the previous phase, but yeah. but suddenly, they end up in horrible situation #2, stuck in phase 4, whatever that is. Basically OMG I'm going to die moment and then... boom, part 4.
...oooh, conspiracy, me likey...

Part 4- No idea what I want to do for this one, help me out here.
...um...

Finally Part 5- Back in Zombie Apocalypse: Players wake up or whatever back in part 1. OMG GAAHHH!!! for a while, then the explore, and are lead to a building. Describe building in great detail, they go inside. Describe the room you are playing in, including all the players and the GM. Then, "So, you're finally here. You have finally reached the end. Do you know who was behind it all?" .... "It was us. BWHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!"
...M. Night Shyamalan much?

Okay thats all I have so far, can you guys help me flesh it out more?
I need a Phase 4, a system to use, (They only need 1 character sheet even though they have a few different characters. Basically they will never change stats or anything.), and just more story than I already have. Help me out guys.
If you like the idea, feel free to use it. If you dont like the idea, you dont have to tell me so, just dont write. Thanks. You playgrounders are the best.
Personally, I'd go with CoC (6e or d20, doesn't matter). Alternatively, you could try Mutants and Masterminds at a low power level if you want normal humans for characters. Can't help much with Phase #4, I'm no good at writing horror/suspense plots.