PDA

View Full Version : possible subforum?

littlebottom
2010-10-13, 07:15 PM
i can understand if this isnt going to change anytime soon, but i thought i would just mention this for consideration.

in the roleplaying games section, ive noticed that small and slightly more obscure games occasionally get a thread made about them, but dissapear really quickly due the mass amount of D&D or other more popular RPGs, this made me wonder, since certain threads were being made about an entire system would get pushed into the second and third pages really quick, meaning not many people actually noticed them, leading to them dying quickly, and yet loads of threads are made in reguards to only a small part of a system, usually D&D, a queery, or advice about certain things in the system as their own threads. i can understand this due to its popularity but it causes smaller systems to go un-noticed.

im just curious if its possible to seperate D&D+general roleplaying queerys etc and other RPGs into a subforum or somesuch, so that a thread about an entire system doesnt disapear so quickly just becuase its less popular.

theres a system i quite like and GM reasonably regularly in my gaming club, called "Anima" but i dont feel i can make a thread on it in the roleplaying games section since it would get hardly any replies since its not on the first pages long enough for someone who might want to post in the thread to actually get to see it.

i have made a thread about anima in the past, which after a couple of days of posting promptly began falling down the pages extremely quickly. i then, a couple of weeks later, saw another thread about the same system, doomed to the same fate... what im trying to get at, is i feel too guilty starting up a new thread about the system everytime i want to talk about a bit of it, and would rather (since its a less popular system) put it in 1 thread devoted to that system, (which feels useless at the moment since it will likely not get noticed in the current roleplaying forums) if its in a thread devoted to the system in a sub forum, its more likely to be in the first couple of pages, and get noticed, thus making it get posted in more often too.

there are a lot of roleplaying systems out there, many of which dont get a look in at the roleplaying forums. i just thought this would be a possible solution to that.

thank you for taking the time to read this.:smallredface:

Maxios
2010-10-13, 07:18 PM
Good idea.
:smallbiggrin:

littlebottom
2010-10-13, 07:21 PM
thank you, the fact someone else thinks this is a good idea makes me feel much better:smallsmile:

im only trying to help my fellow playgrounders :smallredface: i feared that i would be shunned for a stupid idea heh.

arguskos
2010-10-13, 07:27 PM
This has been asked more than a few times, and the consensus from the mod staff has been "this is not going to happen any time soon". I'd provide a link, but I can't find one atm, sorry.

Maxios
2010-10-13, 07:31 PM
Still, smart idea. Hopefully, the mods like your suggestion.

Rawhide
2010-10-13, 07:34 PM
This has been raised before several times, but the threads have been pushed back from the front page. Thank you for the suggestion, but we need to carefully control the number and arrangement of forums for performance and usability reasons. When we have in the past made changes to the forum layout, it was only after a long period of consideration by Rich, the administrators and the moderators.