PDA

View Full Version : Cool Expressions for use in Roleplay

The Oakenshield
2010-10-13, 08:28 PM
-Note: these are also good for DMs/GMs, of course.

1: Today is a good day to die.

2: All is dust.

3: I came, I saw, (insert Deity name) conquered.

I stole that last one form the Polish king after the Siege of Vienna.:smallbiggrin:

Have any others?

Siosilvar
2010-10-13, 08:37 PM
See also: Baldur's Gate I & II.

There is safety in numbers. And I'm two or three at least.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, watch it! I'm huge!

Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!

I am become death, destroyer of worlds.

Butt kicking for goodness!

I grow tired of shouting battle cries when fighting this mage. Boo will finish his eyeballs once and for all, so he does not rise again! Evil, meet my sword! SWORD, MEET EVIL!

Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend!

Feel the backhand of Justice!

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but we have a real good one.

I will be the last! And you will go first...

Is it just me, or is the world filled with wackos? Okay, Mr. Psycho gnome, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but we're really not interested in your rock garden.

Dr.Epic
2010-10-13, 08:38 PM
If you're a little immature, just about anything Finn, from Adventure, says.

Lord_Gareth
2010-10-13, 08:47 PM
"I will not speak of justice to you; a craven wretch like yourself wouldn't understand. Instead, know now that you will taste righteous vengeance!"

NARM-tastic paladin player. Baddest guy in the party for sheer RP value.

Shyftir
2010-10-13, 09:53 PM
Seriously? 4 posts, on this website before somebody mentioned,
I prepared Explosive Runes this morning.

RndmNumGen
2010-10-13, 10:11 PM
Reputation is what others know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself.

Courage is not the absence of fear; courage is knowing fear but not letting fear control you.

Honor is not diminished by being shared.

It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power.

Drakevarg
2010-10-13, 10:23 PM
After dispatching a dwarf bounty hunter or something:

"Looks like there'll be no money for you, crazy round man."

Cookie for source. :smalltongue:

Siosilvar
2010-10-13, 10:32 PM
Seriously? 4 posts, on this website before somebody mentioned,
I prepared Explosive Runes this morning.

To be honest, all of those are given.
I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!

Kaje
2010-10-13, 10:37 PM
Courage is not the absence of fear; courage is knowing fear but not letting fear control you.Is... is that a quote from Animorphs?

Zaydos
2010-10-13, 10:39 PM
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

One Step Two
2010-10-13, 10:47 PM
"You want to know what Monsters have Nightmares about? Me!"

"Run if you dare coward, but I promise, if you ever feel you may forget my face, all you ever need do is look over your shoulder."

Drakevarg
2010-10-13, 10:51 PM
"Run if you like, but expect a sharp and fatal pain between your shoulder blades."

Or, for some actual original material:

"When I first became a Paladin, I thought in terms of black and white. I see now that it's really a spectrum of greys, and that plenty of people stradle my arbitrary line between good and evil.

But you know what? Those people aren't my problem. My job is to sniff out those who live their lives far enough away from that ...line that I need to squint to see any light, and then kick their ass in a manner most righteous."

GoatToucher
2010-10-13, 11:16 PM
"Winter is coming."

It's a book quote, but a pretty badass one, if you know the context.

Drakevarg
2010-10-13, 11:18 PM
"Winter is coming."

I don't even know the context and it sounds incredibly badass. Might be the way I read it in my head, though.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-13, 11:32 PM
"I hear the clash of iron! War and anger reign!"

Katana_Geldar
2010-10-13, 11:34 PM
"Is he wearing any pants?"

Hat-Trick
2010-10-13, 11:43 PM
To alter the above line just a bit: "Piss me off again and, So help me, I will steal your pants off your goddam legs!!"

and, most likely from a caster to a non caster: "What? You mean you can't- Aww, I feel sorry for you."

AslanCross
2010-10-13, 11:45 PM
"I am <charname>. I am your worst nightmare."

Katana_Geldar
2010-10-14, 12:08 AM
To alter the above line just a bit: "Piss me off again and, So help me, I will steal your pants off your goddam legs!!"

The rogue in my group is that good that he'll actually do this with a natural 20. Happened in our first session. So now he has the bad ass boast "I'm so good a thief, I can steal your pants while you are wearing them."

TheThan
2010-10-14, 12:28 AM
I feel I must quote (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR_A-OwSajQ) Porthos ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpjiW8r9LM8)

Ryu_Bonkosi
2010-10-14, 04:18 AM
"One of us will leave this alive, and I have no intention on dieing."

"The difference between you and me is that at the end of the day, I will still have my head on my shoulders."

One Step Two
2010-10-14, 04:41 AM
"I'm a sword for hire. The fact I need to waste my time thwarting your pathetic attempt to kill me is money I'm losing, so I am going to make sure this hurts a great deal."

Galileo
2010-10-14, 05:08 AM
Here's a few of my favourites from Discworld.

(About a debate on the nature of sin.)
"It's not as simple as that. It's not a black and white issue. There are so many shades of grey."
"There's no greys, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself."
"It's a lot more complicated than that-"
"No. It ain't. When people say things are a lot more complicated than that, they means they're getting worried that they won't like the truth."
(I know a dialogue isn't very good for using ingame, but you can probably adapt the core part. I'm certainly readying it for my Paladin to verbally beatdown the BBEG with.)

Not a quote, but damn if it isn't a perfect description of every adventurer ever:
If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards.'

"Oh, you think you're so clever, so in-control, so swave, just because I've got a sword and you haven't!"

"Gods, elementals, demons, spirits... sometimes it's hard to tell 'em apart wi'oot a map."

Iku Rex
2010-10-14, 06:59 AM
Army of Darkness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3tHASQj8sU .

Ravens_cry
2010-10-14, 07:27 AM
"May the Gods have mercy on your soul, I will not."
"If by my life or my death I can aid you, I will."

Morph Bark
2010-10-14, 07:44 AM
"The battle is not over yet, for our life is our battle!"

"Winter is coming."

Considering winter is coming, I am all the more piped up for the upcoming Game of Thrones series on HBO.

...which I will only be able to watch on DVDs. :smallfrown:

Emmerask
2010-10-14, 07:53 AM
"Winter is coming."

Song of ice and fire is always good for quotes :smallwink:

"Never forget who you are, for surely the world won’t. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Trodon
2010-10-14, 08:03 AM
Inigo Montoya: Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die.

Inigo Montoya: He's right on top of us. I wonder if he is using the same wind we are using.

Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Man in Black: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.

dsmiles
2010-10-14, 08:03 AM
Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!

Ahhhhh...the classics...

And now for something completely different:

"Not knowing what I'm getting myself into has been the latest trend for me."

"Who says the undead don't know how to party?"

"Death. The eternal blink. The capricious dance of Now Ya Stop Movin' Forever. Well contrary to popular belief, death isn't just for dead people. It can happen to anyone. I know, it's news to me too. And it's not just people either, it's all kinds of stuff. Horses, fiddler crabs. Did you know that even a potato... can die?"

"Another urban legend dispelled. Ninjas don't bounce."

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat plenty of fresh vegetables."

"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit."

"Destiny's powerful hand has made the bed of my future, and it's up to me to lie in it. I am destined to be a superhero. To right wrongs, and to pound two-fisted justice into the hearts of evildoers everywhere. And you don't fight destiny. No sir. And, you don't eat crackers in the bed of your future, or you get all... scratchy."

"I don't know the meaning of the word "surrender". I mean, I know it, I'm not dumb... just not in this context."

(All from external sources. Yes, I once played The Tick in a Champions game. Good times. Gooooood times. :smallbiggrin:)

grarrrg
2010-10-14, 08:05 AM
See also: Baldur's Gate I & II.

Minsc Boo for the win!
www.minscandboo.com/quotes.php (http://www.minscandboo.com/quotes.php)

If you can't guess from the URL, it has pretty much every Minsc Boo quote ever. A few Siosilvar missed:

My hamster does not like your tone. Away with ye.

Make way evil! I'm armed to the teeth and packing a hamster!

Boo is small and evasive, and there is ever so much of Minsc to search.

Il_Vec
2010-10-14, 08:19 AM
"Your soul better belong to <insert patron deity here>. Because your life, it belongs to me!"

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-14, 08:49 AM
VECNA'S TESTICLES!! (Expletive I use often in games, replace with other body parts if anyone gives you dirty looks).

big teej
2010-10-14, 07:11 PM
VECNA'S TESTICLES!! (Expletive I use often in games, replace with other body parts if anyone gives you dirty looks).

one's my character's have used

By Grimnir's tatooed arse!
Tymora's left buttock!!!!
Sigmar's bollocks
Grungi's beard!

and then of course, there's all the things :durkon: says

'by Thor's liver!!!'

and so forth.

comicshorse
2010-10-14, 07:48 PM
" Death is a feather, duty is a mountain. "

" I'm here to kick ass and chew gum and I'm all out of gum."

" Here is where we stand or fall
We hold them here, or not at all."

" Don't think of it as being outnumbered, think of it as having a large target selection."

Cerlis
2010-10-14, 08:31 PM
"I am willing to die for my country, but i'm much better at killing for it"
-Magic the Gathering.-Good for a rogue who is about to play defensive by going offensive all Hit Girl style

I'm gunna light you up sweetcheeks -Milhouse Manastorm-A nice line whispered with contempt for a warlock or mage who is being interrogated and just figured out how to cast a firespell

I'm not trapped in here with you. Your all the ones trapped in here with me!-Raushack-Good for a barbarian or fighter who just locked the door to buy time for his party via martyrdom

....or possibly a mage who does the same and uses shapechange...yeesh

Fuzzie Fuzz
2010-10-14, 09:02 PM
"Winter is coming."

A FREEZE is coming! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRH-Ywpz1_I)

Carry on, then. :smallbiggrin:

Weezer
2010-10-14, 09:21 PM
For a nice vengeance oath/threat when you have time to be a little wordy:

"Upon him i will visit famine and a fire.
Till all around him desolation rings
And all the demons in the outer dark
Look on amazed and recognize
That vengeance is the business of a man."
-Patrick Rothfuss "The Name of the Wind"

Human Paragon 3
2010-10-14, 09:47 PM
Been on an anti-authoritarian streak lately:

Tigranes Levantus: If you looked into a magic crystal, you saw your army destroyed and yourself dead. If you saw that in the future, as I'm sure you're seeing it now, would you continue to fight?
Spartacus: Yes.
Tigranes Levantus: Knowing that you must lose?
Spartacus: Knowing we can. All men lose when they die and all men die. But a slave and a free man lose different things.
Tigranes Levantus: They both lose life.
Spartacus: When a free man dies, he loses the pleasure of life. A slave loses his pain. Death is the only freedom a slave knows. That's why he's not afraid of it. That's why we'll win.

Also:

To the priest who says these men are enemies of religion, to the judge who says they are enemies of law, to the fat parliment who says these men are enemies of order and decency, to all these I will reply "You are false kings, but you are true prophets. I am come to destroy you and fulfill your prophecies."

Notreallyhere77
2010-10-14, 09:51 PM

I once tried to do the inverse of this by chewing gum right after a combat...
Never got a good setup, though.

hiryuu
2010-10-14, 09:54 PM
I have a slang dictionary (https://sites.google.com/site/aescaworld/adventurers/roadslang) for my campaign. In fact, I tend to do one for each setting I throw together (https://sites.google.com/site/armoredgpu/slang-dictionary).

Dienekes
2010-10-14, 10:59 PM
If you enjoy ole Julius Caesar and being a bit meta.

"The dye is cast" Ahh the worst of gaming puns

Or if you're playing evil, or just being a good GM.
"A naked man has few secrets, a flayed man has none."

CockroachTeaParty
2010-10-14, 11:26 PM
"I may be a half-orc, but I'm more of a man than you."

Oh, and some Soul Reaver for over-dramatic vampire monologues.

"Answer me, little brother, before I beat an answer from your horrid lips!"

"Step forward, morsel!"

"But tell me, before I tear your soul from it moorings..."

"Use your hatred to reave their souls. I can make it possible. Become my Soul Reaver... my angel of death."

Scow2
2010-10-14, 11:30 PM
Hmm... I'm trying to think of one that would make a nice comeback for my Camp Gay Catfolk Barbarian that questions the masculinity/virility of those who mock him and subsequently get their asses kicked.

Jallorn
2010-10-15, 12:14 AM
"Big big mistake, really huge. Didn't anyone ever tell you? There's one thing you never put in a trap, if you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never ever put in a trap. Me."

Magic Myrmidon
2010-10-15, 02:24 AM
Before charging into battle:

"Let's show them our hearts. And then show them theirs."

I'm sure plenty of you know what that's from, of course. Perhaps knowing makes it even cooler, though.

Cespenar
2010-10-15, 02:33 AM
Another from our dearest Minsc I found in wikiquote, which I weirdly haven't ever encountered despite playing through the game god knows how many times:

"My anger is under complete control! COMPLETE! I'll control it as I rip limb from limb, I WILL control it as I pound head after head!"

And let's carry on with an Edwin:

"Greetings. I am Edwin Odesseiron. You simians may refer to me merely as "Sir," if you prefer a less... syllable-intensive workout."

Grimlock
2010-10-15, 02:37 AM
With a gleefull/sinister look, the simple phrase,
"BURN!"
Works wonders!

Morph Bark
2010-10-15, 03:55 AM

"I'm here to kick ass and do other stuff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZnQxEhnsBc) and I'm all out of ass."

Shpadoinkle
2010-10-15, 04:41 AM
"They started this, and I'm going to finish it. They came to our lands and started killing our people with no warning or reason. The actions of these few have damned their entire city, and I am the one who will carry out their punishment. Neither my people nor yours are safe as long as they are able to fight, and they have shown time and again they cannot be trusted then they claim to surrender. If you can't stomach killing their women and children, feel free to leave, and I'll do it myself. Just remember, if we'd offered to surrender, they would have slaughtered or enslaved us without mercy like they have others who have surrendered. So go home and worry every day for the rest of your life about them returning, but I'm staying here and stopping the problem now, with or without your help."

"Maybe others of their kind will take a lesson from this, and stop from their marauding ways. But these people have proven themselves beyond forgiveness, and I refuse to stand by and let them hurt anyone else."

Also:

"I've been dead before, it's not a big deal. It's not so much being dead that sucks as it is the act of dying that's unpleasant."

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-15, 05:13 AM
"After I kill you I'm going to wear your face!!"

Technically the guy who said this was a doppleganger so he didn't mean it literally, but the expressions from the other players were priceless.

FelixG
2010-10-15, 05:15 AM
"You have to think of all the perks, the exotic locals, the money, the sweet weapons, oh and lets not forget about the girls! You cant be an Assassin with a whole lot'a sin and twice as much ass!"

The Oakenshield
2010-10-15, 08:46 AM
"You better cough up some more gold, or you won't live long enough to regret it."

Stole that from NWN.:smallbiggrin:

Duke of URL
2010-10-15, 09:01 AM
"I am the right hand of vengeance. I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me."

(Replace "God" with the name of the deity of your choice, of course.)

Tharck
2010-10-15, 09:17 AM
Talking about running away: "Ah, so in fact this is not a humiliating defeat at all, but a rare species of victory!"

Codenpeg
2010-10-15, 09:26 AM
"Zeus demands tacos!" Evil Harry Potter GURPS game, I was playing a hyper charismatic illusionist who got bored.

"Hey Goddess! I can see your **** from down here!" Some demi-goddess was locked in combat with an ally in the air above us. Lacking any decent ranged attacks my GM allowed me to use insults to try and distract her.

"Listen closely vampire, know that I will be staking you, but when I do it will be up to you. Unless you tell me what I want to know you can discover how deep this stake can go into other orifices. For Hades sake, if you still don't talk we can make a few new ones, I'm sure between myself and my comrades we could come up with quite a few creative ways of making you suffer. So why don't you just talk? I promise a quick death."

"Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am." Good for anybody with a loud gun or robot.

Worlok
2010-10-15, 09:32 AM
''Being effective does not make you evil. If anything, it makes you dangerous. Therefore, being evil and being dangerous are by no means the same thing. You, for example, you're a dragon's spawn, and a vampire, out to enslave my people and to claim world domination. That makes you evil in my book and of course, you are a very real threat. While I? I'm just a lowly soldier, a mere human, and a humble servant to my king and god. And still, right now, I'm your worst nightmare.'' (- this one came up during one session, muttered by the ranger/fighter with a paladin complex, going against a vampiric dragon disciple. Feel free to reword and use it at your leisure. :smallcool:)

FelixG
2010-10-15, 09:42 AM
Cool expression for a ruler:

"Power does not corrupt, my friends. It merely attracts the easily corruptible."

Chapterhouse Dune-Frank Herbert

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-10-15, 09:45 AM
Before charging into battle:

"Let's show them our hearts. And then show them theirs."

I'm sure plenty of you know what that's from, of course. Perhaps knowing makes it even cooler, though.
No matter what Oghren says before the final battle, it's awesome:

"When from blades in battle
The stone is fed,
Let the heroes stand tall
And the blighters lie dead."

Come to think of it, that'd be a great line for a well-meaning mook, especially if you follow it with Oghren's next line:

"As one of the blighters, I sodding salute you."

And the other speech is even better:

"Let the Stone turn red from the blood of heroes!"

chormin
2010-10-15, 09:53 AM
Cool one I saw in a game

Villain rises from ancient blah blah blah
"Who are you? Where am I?"

"I am [Char name] and this is your tomb."

dsmiles
2010-10-15, 10:29 AM
"Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am." Good for anybody with a loud gun or robot.

Or if you happen to be playing Captain James Tiberius Kirk.
http://skepticalteacher.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/kirk-inspirational-awesome.jpg

Halaster
2010-10-15, 10:48 AM
From "The Dark Half":
"What's going on here?"
"Murder! You want some?"

Damascus
2010-10-15, 12:16 PM
Pardon the quote, but I thought it fit. ::biggrin:

"Certainty of death...

Small chance of success...

WHAT ARE WE WAITIN' FOR!?"

Comet
2010-10-15, 12:48 PM
The best of them all:

"I am [First Name]! [First Name] [Last Name]! I am the sword of [Loved One]! There is nothing I cannot cut!"
Because a guy who gives their all in every battle and refuses to accept defeat is heroic enough. Now, imagine that guy armed with the Power of Love. A cheesy, invincible fighting god is born!

Another one that I think fits:

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light"
Because poetry can be badass if you think about it long enough.

Goudaa
2010-10-15, 01:03 PM
"Red misted"

cardboardbox!
2010-10-15, 05:54 PM
From Samurai Jack:

"No, there is no escape" Jack then proceeds to destroy the robot army Aku sent.

Zhalath
2010-10-15, 09:31 PM
Just who the hell do you think I am?

Jallorn
2010-10-15, 09:32 PM
Something that I'm creating right now:

"Let me be clear about something, yes, I stand here surrounded by your men, and yes, I have absolutely no chance of getting out of this alive, but there's something you really ought to know. Neither do you." - prior to a heroic death delaying the villain before the base/ship/whatever goes boom.

Also, why hasn't this been listed yet?: For Pony!

Tvtyrant
2010-10-15, 09:41 PM
"They have us completely surrounded men. They won't be able to escape this time!"

Its Halo, but since D&D uses small numbers it fits.

This from a campaign:

"Did you know that dragons are my favorite enemy? I love the way that their scales shine when covered in blood, I love the way they bellow in rage when injured. I love the way that you can see their ancient pride shatter just before their eyes go blank." ~Groups ranger whose favored enemy was dragons.

Fuzzie Fuzz
2010-10-15, 09:41 PM
From Shakespeare's Henry V:
WESTMORELAND. O that we now had here
But one ten thousand of those men in England
That do no work to-day!

KING. What's he that wishes so?
My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin;
If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England.
God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more methinks would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call'd the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian.'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispian's day.'
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

MeatShield#236
2010-10-15, 10:06 PM
"I don't believe in Fairies!"-The Dresden Files
Use when fighting fay.

TheThan
2010-10-15, 10:25 PM
"Overkill? This isn't a game of Kick-the-Ouphe!"
—Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Walls? What walls?"
—Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

“Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."
—Jaya Ballard, task mage

“Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."
—Jaya Ballard, task mage

There are plenty more from the fiery (in more ways than one) Jaya Ballard. Ironically her actual card does not have the room for flavor text.

Raimun
2010-10-15, 10:45 PM
Red Mage: "Black Mage, initiate plan 9."

BM: "From outer space?"

RM: "The same."
-8-bit Theater

Edit: Oh, and of course the mightiest of battle cries:

"Spoon!"
-The Tick

Arbane
2010-10-16, 02:51 AM
"Go ahead and run. You'll just die tired."

"Silly Hat Rule!" (Translation: "Kill the casters first". From a game in which spellcasters tended to wear impressive headgear.)

"If (Deity) had wanted you to live, (s/he) would not have created ME!"

"This calls for a delicate blend of applied psychology and EXTREME VIOLENCE!"

kts2008
2010-10-16, 05:23 AM
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

dsmiles
2010-10-16, 08:09 AM
*Puts on best imitation Aussie accent*

"That's not a knife."

*Pulls out +4 Axiomatic Holy Greatsword of Unholy Anarchy*

"That's a knife."

:smallbiggrin:

(Crocodile Dundee (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrocodileDundee) is one of my favorite "Cowboy in the City" style movies.)

Callos_DeTerran
2010-10-16, 08:28 AM
"To crush your enemies, and see them fall at your feet - to take their horses and belongings, and to hear the lamentation of their women. That is the best life." -Genghis Khan and Conan the Barbarian

FelixG
2010-10-16, 09:31 AM
"The Cake is a Lie."

Kulture
2010-10-16, 10:23 PM
"Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him."

And

"Evidently [opponant]'s an educated man. Now I really hate him."

Also for speeches there's
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of [name here], I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."

And reply to "But they love you, lord." in reference to a populace with
"Oh, no... they FEAR me... and that is much better. "

And a personal favourite for a loyal subordinate that needs to die.
"You're an honest man, [mook], which means a bad [nationality]! Therefore, you are a traitor! Logical, hmm? Ha, ha, ha! "

If your compatriots know of the origins of the last 3 then they won't admit it, so you'll sound more original.

"We're here to wreck everything, we're here to ruin your life....god sent us."

"You wanted to kill me so you destroyed the trinkets I adorned my home with. All that glitters is not phylactery, my friends. I've ruled this kingdom for millenia as a lich and a life time before that, my phylactery is in a place you're in no place to destroy."

It should be noted that the last one was reference to the fact that the lich had turned an empire the size of a continant into his phylactery via the use of nigh-cosmic level magic.

Jallorn
2010-10-16, 10:40 PM
"We're on a mission from god."

Ramza1987
2010-10-17, 12:02 AM
Today i used some good lines, in a one shot, playing a warforged Barbarian/fighter (not made by me).

When confronted by a wizard followed by guards, telling to give him our party knight, i replied, to him.

Do you know what day is it (everyone looked at me surprised, the DM even more), and the wizard replied, is day X, month X, year... that is when i interrupt him by saying: No, this is the day you die.

Some time later, when that same wizard was almost going to send every one against us, after seeing who was in favor of giving away the knight, or protect him; and i say to him.

Think very carefully, you still have a chance to go away, if you dont, i will use your blood as lubricant for my Cogs.

That day (it was a game day, from a group of rol playing game fans) i won a price for best personality, for playing that character, so i think i was ok (not that im flaunting about it, but im seen as a power gamer, not a roleplayer).

Ryu_Bonkosi
2010-10-17, 12:06 AM
*Enemy starts to get into a long-winded speech.*

*You shoot him in the head*

"If you're going to shoot, shoot. Don't talk"

Hat-Trick
2010-10-17, 12:37 AM
"A battle of wits then, pour the wine."
*Badguy goes to uncork the wine*
*Stab through the chest*
"Op, I win."

^inspired by the scene in The Princess Bride with the poison. Quick, clean and straight to the point, much better than the tomfoolery he had to go through with Mr. Inconceivable.

Worguron
2010-10-17, 10:15 PM
"[Your name]"

When the enemy doesn't respond, asks "what?", or asks who that is, you reply, "A pity. I had hoped you might have heard of me. Then again, I suppose if you had, you'd have run by now."

-----------

As an assassin with a sniper rifle, I would sometimes walk up to a corpse after shooting it and say, "[My employer] says hello. . . Damn, I always do those in the wrong order."

PopcornMage
2010-10-17, 10:52 PM
Let Mortal Combat Begin!

RndmNumGen
2010-10-17, 11:59 PM
Is... is that a quote from Animorphs?

Hrm. They might have mentioned that somewhere in there, but I didn't get it from there. It's a pretty common quote.

Gerbah
2010-10-18, 01:15 AM
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Alternatively:
"Roses are red, violets are blue, but enough talk, have at you!"

Aside from that:
"Burn all, burn everything. Fire is bright and fire is clean!"
Sounds cheesy, but it turns out to be a quote from Fahrenheit 451.

Drakevarg
2010-10-18, 01:51 AM
"Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him."

And

"Evidently [opponant]'s an educated man. Now I really hate him."

"Oh. [Mook], I apologize; I forgot you were there. You may go now."

"Why [Opponent], you look like somebody just walked over your grave."

Doc Holliday ftw.

"You gonna do somethin'? Or are you just gonna stand there and bleed?"

"I don't think I'll let you arrest us today, [Authority Figure]."

havocfett
2010-10-18, 02:05 AM
You do not understand mortal, I am Zeruel [replace name as needed], not some pathetic demon for you to brush aside. I am unconquerable. I am implacable. I. Will. End. You. Your attacks are futile. Your gods struggles will die unheeded. I will succeed. And you, as the rest of this overrated plane, will end.

Used that for the last boss. It was technically an unwinable fight, they had to avoid him and kill the stuff around him to win.

Cerlis
2010-10-18, 03:41 AM
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Alternatively:
"Roses are red, violets are blue, but enough talk, have at you!"

Aside from that:
"Burn all, burn everything. Fire is bright and fire is clean!"
Sounds cheesy, but it turns out to be a quote from Fahrenheit 451.

"Flames! Such Beautiful Flames! Burn it all, burn everything to ASHES!" -Zhang He in Dynasty Warriors 4, when he initiates a fire attack.

Satyr
2010-10-18, 03:48 AM
"To crush your enemies, and see them fall at your feet - to take their horses and belongings, and to hear the lamentation of their women. That is the best life."

We had once a variation of this: "I will crush you, see you at my feet, take your belongings and hear the lamentation of your people."

"Shouldn't that mean 'the lamentation of your women?"

"With you people, that's terribly hard to tell apart."

---

"An army of frightened soldiers does not differ much from an army of puppies. And they are scared."

"When I die, my god will lift me to his palace, and I will feast with the greatest warriors for all eternity. When you die, nothing but oblivion awaits you. Do you think I fear death?"

"I don't fear death. I only fear the embarrassment to be killed by the likes of you."

"Superiority is not shown by cruelty but by mercy. It is below me to kill you."

"It is better to die than to be dishonored. Death is sudden, but damnation is eternal."

"There are only two societies which are worthy to belong to - the honorable living, and the honorable dead."

"If you are not ready to die for your cause, you are certainly not ready to kill for it."

Unfortunately, most of these quotes seem somewhat lacking in translation.

DementedFellow
2010-10-18, 05:48 AM
"We'll need more hemp."

(Bonus points if you get this.)

Ramza1987
2010-10-18, 10:37 AM
Told to a Beholder, with a supporting army, behind him, ready to butcher my bard and my party.

Here you have an army, and you are indeed powerful, but, We have passed, every test in this tomb, that means, that the god of this tomb, has found us worthy; and my fellow here even has the god´s armor, and his blessings; are you really sure you want to fight against the chosen ones of a god? Maybe it is a better idea to get away, you can even say you fought and survived against us, so you have a nice tale to tell to your kind.

We were 5 lvl 10 people; against a beholder, and a lot of monsters; the beholder ran away frightened after shooting a disintegration ray against to of the party member, and failing miserably. :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Ormagoden
2010-10-18, 01:46 PM
"Put your god damned pants on! Were going out there to kill THAT THING!" -Random person yells from inside a cabin at a LARP as I let loose a high pitched scream dressed as a troll at 5 am.

"If I get woken up by your bleeding incantations one more time I'm taking your spell book to the outhouse with me and its coming back with a few less pages!"- The rogue says to the sorcerer.

"Do you think I can hit his arse from here?" "You'll never know until you try." -The paladin responding to the ranger.

"Everything in this world is a sham. Death is the only sincerity."- Cookie if you know where its from.

Blackfang108
2010-10-18, 01:59 PM
"I'm Not. Dead. YET!"

(Of course, I did die in the next round, as were were completely out of healing, and I got hit hard)

Ranger Mattos
2010-10-18, 04:23 PM
My favorite expression of all time:

Foolish mortal!

MachineWraith
2010-10-18, 05:48 PM
"What goes around comes around. Sometimes you get what's coming. And sometimes you are what's coming."
— Michael, Knight of the Cross

"I find your lack of faith... disturbing."
— Lord Vader, Star Wars

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"
— Josey Wales

"You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize."
— Mr. White, Reservoir Dogs

"I'll swallow your soul."
"Come get some."
— Ash, Evil Dead

"I've drunk more beer and banged more [CENSORED] and pissed more blood and stomped more [CENSORED] than all of you numb-nuts put together."
— Gunny Highway, Heartbreak Ridge.

Some of my favorites :smallbiggrin:

Necroticplague
2010-10-18, 06:48 PM
"The arrow was lodged in very deeply, but I was able to remove it. And 14 of it's siblings. And 20 bullets. and and a dagger. And a broken off greatsword blade. and it's hilt. and 10 shuriken. And about 50 pounds worth of pure force glued to you.Unfortunately, none of them were fatal (as is anything with you)."

"Oh, don't sound so miffed. Just give me a minute or two and I'll be more healthy than you will ever be."

-Parodying adventure bros
The person who did all all the removing(my friend): lvl 10 dwarf cleric, optimized for healbotism
Person who needed all that removed (me): lvl 10 half-troll mimic barbarian,

Fawsto
2010-10-18, 07:17 PM
"Mercy is God who decides. I am just arranging the appointment."

also

"I AM <insert charname>!!!"

or more in the Beowulf's line:

"I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger. I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power! I AM <insert charname>!"