PDA

View Full Version : The Slaying Stone (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Viracocha
2010-10-13, 09:01 PM
A cold wind whips sleet at you and tears at your cloaks. The moon is shrouded behind a gray haze, and you hear wolves baying in the dark woods all around. Against the dusty sky, you can make the shadow of a low tower. A lantern burns in one of its windows and begins to sway, beckoning you toward the safety of shelter.

You start off as a band of adventurers on the travel after getting word of a prospective job. You were directed to this tower by a middle aged servant at the last town you went through. You don't know much about this task though you were promised just reward, and the person seemed honest enough.

Take a moment to introduce yourselves and we'll get going. Don't worry if it seems like it's starting slow, walls of text will soon be incoming I'm sure.

Gillric
2010-10-13, 09:16 PM
Nebusa stands and peers at the lantern, I think I can see our destination, but the howls of those wolves make me nervous.

Nature - [roll0] | Does it appear that the wolves are close?

Leewei
2010-10-13, 09:17 PM
Kravnuik

The broad-chested human looks about into the darkness suspiciously. "We should hurry," he states, "I've been attacked by a wolf before. Those bites can get infected and take a while to heal," he continues ominously.

At times, it seems like Kravnuik has been stung, bitten, clawed or mauled by just about everything. His matter-of-fact commentary on such things was originally disturbing, but after a long trip, it seems merely monotonous. Most things in this world have hidden dangers, and Krav seems to know of far too many of them first-hand.

Zaydos
2010-10-13, 09:19 PM
Zalderius

The githzerai's spirit ally, a gray-furred wolf spirit, forms beside him as he looks out into the wilderness. "Personally I've quite a liking for wolves, he says.

Are they close? Nature [roll0]

RebelRogue
2010-10-13, 09:31 PM
Morgran Duskhammer

I don't fear wolves!, Morgran states boldly. Wolves may be dangerous, but at least they're honest, natural creatures. I'd rather face a pack of those than having to sleep for yet another night! The dwarf puts on a grim frown. You know he's having terrible nightmares each and every night. I'm sorry..., he interrupts himself. I'm doing it again, am I not? Speaking way too much of my troubled dreams. It's my burden to bear, so I'll just stop now. My point is: if those wolves close in, my hammer is ready for them! He pats his trusty weapon, a mordenkrad.

Morgran is a relatively young dwarf, driven into exile, now living as an adventurer. He has a pitch black beard and deep brown eyes. You've all noticed the smoke that surrounds him when he moves, lightly obscuring him. Usually he suppresses it, but you're all aware that he harbors some kind of arcane power. Those of you who knows about the arcane arts would usually label him as a warlock, but Morgran doesn't approve of the term, referring to himself as but a warrior.

Dekkah
2010-10-14, 08:24 AM
Gael
The tall and slim Deva face shows a wild smile at the wolf howls, A good sign my lady Melora, I can hear it.
On the druid forehead, his Melora tatoo glimmer in the moonlight.
"Fear not the wolves, for they are not evil creatures, but Melora's childrens. They might attack to eat, but thus is the circle of life."
The druid then shift into a wolf form, something you have seen a lot since you've met him, and howl back at the wolves. He look at you all, point the tower with his nose and walk toward it, still in his wolf shape. On the wolf forehead, you can see the same Melora marks in his fur.

Gael Status
HP :...28/28...TEMP HP :...0
Surge Value :...7
Surge left/surge per day :...10/10
AC:...15...FORT:...13... REF:...13...WILL:...15...
Main Hand : Staff
Off Hand :

Powers :
Wild shape
Savage Rend
Gasping Tide (Druid)
Swarming Locust
Action point (1/1)
Second Wind
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Scattered Form
Healing Word
Form of the Primeval Bear
Primeval Bear Attack

Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Ter'Yav :

Effects on Ter'Yav :
Wild shape (wolf form)

Items Carried :
Ritual Book
Backpack (empty)
Bedroll
Belt Pouch (empty)
Climber's Kit
Flint and Steel
Hempen Rope (50 ft.)
Trail Rations (10)
Waterskin
Sunrod (2)
Staff
Hide Armor
DAgger
Rare Herbs (Nature) (40)

Riches :
7 GP

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Purify Water

Languages
Goblin
Common
Giant
Draconic

Viracocha
2010-10-14, 08:45 AM
The lantern swinging in the window ahead reflects off several eyes in the forest around you. You hear low growling as wolves emerge from between the gray tree trunks. Most of the wolves look half-starved, and they charge towards you.

In the OOC thread, please roll initiative and place yourselves on the bottom two rows of the trail.

Here's the map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-1.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-1-Large.jpg)

The map is clickable for a larger view.
All the map is difficult terrain except for the bridge. The entrance to the tower is at C16. Let me know in OOC thread if you have any other questions.

Leewei
2010-10-14, 08:46 AM
Kravnuik

The scale-clad human shrugs as he continues towards the tower. He is clearly still ready for the worst.

Zaydos
2010-10-14, 08:47 AM
P9
Initiative: [roll0]

Leewei
2010-10-14, 09:06 AM
Starting position: O9
Initiative:[roll0]

Gillric
2010-10-14, 09:34 AM
O10 Initiative - [roll0]

RebelRogue
2010-10-14, 09:52 AM
P8 for Morgran. Initiative: [roll0]

Viracocha
2010-10-14, 10:11 AM
Gael is quick to react as the wolves stare down at you, drool slowly dripping to the ground.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-2.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-2-Large.jpg)

Initiative is:
Gael
Gray Wolf
Ravenous Wolf
Morgran
Nebusa
Kravnuik
Zalderius

Gael is up.

Dekkah
2010-10-14, 10:24 AM
Gael
They are too close, we wont make it to the bridge first. So you want to test us my Lady.
Gael move toward the wolf closest to the bridge and wildly charge it. As he come into melee range, he swing his paw with strenght to force the wolf to the side.

Move : Move to M10
Standard : Charge (Savage Rend) Ravenous Wolf 2 (end in K7)
Attack VS Reflex (+1 Charge)) :[roll0]
Hit : [roll1] damage and slide the wolf 1 (to L7)

Gael Status
Off Hand :

Powers :
Wild shape
Savage Rend
Gasping Tide (Druid)
Swarming Locust
Action point (1/1)
Second Wind
Scattered Form
Healing Word
Primeval Bear Attack

Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Ter'Yav :

Effects on Ter'Yav :
Wild shape (wolf form)

Items Carried :
Ritual Book
Backpack (empty)
Bedroll
Belt Pouch (empty)
Climber's Kit
Flint and Steel
Hempen Rope (50 ft.)
Trail Rations (10)
Waterskin
Sunrod (2)
Staff
Hide Armor
DAgger
Rare Herbs (Nature) (40)

Riches :
7 GP

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Purify Water

Languages
Goblin
Common
Giant
Draconic

Viracocha
2010-10-14, 11:33 AM
Gael strikes savagely at the ravenous wolf, drawing blood and pushing it aside.

Gray Wolf 1:
Seeing its companion get struck by a strange wolf, circles around to flank it, then lunges at Gael, biting him at the neck and pushing him down to the ground.
Move: J7
Standard: Attack: (1d20+9)[25] vs 15 AC; Damage: (2d6+5)[12]
Deals 9 damage to Gael and knocks him prone.
Gray Wolf 2:
Prey in view, the wolf rushes forward.
Move: Double move to O11
Ravenous Wolf 1:
The sickly looking wolf engages his closest prey, attempting to take a chunk from Mordran but failing to do so.
Move: P7
Standard: Attack: (1d20+6)[12] vs 14 AC; Miss
Ravenous Wolf 2:
Yelping after being struck, the wolf exacts revenge, grasping the fallen wolf in its fangs and biting hard.
Standard:Attack (1d20+8)[16] vs 15 AC; Damage (1d10+3)[12]
Deals 9 damage and Gael is grabbed and bloodied.
Ravenous Wolf 3:
Another wolf comes into view from behind the bridge, surely intent on helping its pack mates slaughter the intruders.
Move: Double move to H10

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-3.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-3-Large.jpg)

RebelRogue
2010-10-14, 12:03 PM
Morgran Duskmallet

Your sorry soul - assuming beasts like you possess one at all - will regret you ever met me, Morgran whispers through his teeth followed by a few ominous words of power. He proceeds to bring the mordenkrad down on the ravenous wolf.

Morgran places his Warlock's Curse on Ravenous Wolf 1 (minor action), then uses Eldritch Strike on it (standard action) [roll0] vs. AC, damage [roll]2d5+9[roll] plus curse damage [roll1]. In case this kills it, he will place yet another Warlock's Curse on Gray Wolf 2 (another minor action).

Edit: botched the damage roll, but I doubt I hit it anyway.

Dekkah
2010-10-14, 12:10 PM
Gael
As the wolves bite Gael, some swarm of insect crawl up his body, absorbing part of the animal bites. Still, the second bite manage to open a bleeding wound on Gael.

Gael is a swarm druid, reducing every melee or ranged attack by his con mod (3).
So he takes 9 and 9 damages. is prone and grabbed.
Gael Status
HP :...10/28...TEMP HP :...0
Off Hand :

Powers :
Wild shape
Savage Rend
Gasping Tide (Druid)
Swarming Locust
Action point (1/1)
Second Wind
Scattered Form
Healing Word
Primeval Bear Attack

Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Ter'Yav :

Effects on Ter'Yav :
Wild shape (wolf form)
Prone
Bloodied
Grabbed (Ravenous Wolf 2 )

Items Carried :
Ritual Book
Backpack (empty)
Bedroll
Belt Pouch (empty)
Climber's Kit
Flint and Steel
Hempen Rope (50 ft.)
Trail Rations (10)
Waterskin
Sunrod (2)
Staff
Hide Armor
DAgger
Rare Herbs (Nature) (40)

Riches :
7 GP

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Purify Water

Languages
Goblin
Common
Giant
Draconic

Gillric
2010-10-14, 12:14 PM
Nebusa turns to the wolf that has approached him and unleashes a wave of thunder towards it.

Thunderwave | At-Will | Close Blast 3 | [roll0] vs Fort | [roll1] damage

Viracocha
2010-10-14, 12:43 PM
The ravenous wolf feels more vulnerable to Morgran's attacks but nimbly dodges the enormous hammer as it swings down.

A wall of force lashes out from the ground but the gray animal manages to avoid its effects.

Both misses. Unless you want to move (and I understand that moving is pretty hard since you can't shift much, it's Kravnuik's turn.

Leewei
2010-10-14, 12:53 PM
Kravnuik

Conflicted at the idea of leaving his nearby companions, Krav slogs ahead to defend Gael where he fell.

Minor Action: Ready longsword.
Move Action: Advance to M9.
Standard Action: Charge to K8, attacking the Gray Wolf. [roll0] for [roll1] damage, and marking it.
Action Point: (Contingent) If the Gray Wolf is still alive, Cleave the Ravenous Wolf as a primary target [roll2] for [roll3] damage, marking it and damaging the Gray wolf for an additional 4hp on a hit.

Viracocha
2010-10-14, 01:12 PM
Unsheathing his sword, Kravnuik hurries to help his companion. He charges at the wolves and unleashes a flurry of blows, harrying them, but unfortunately all swings go wide of their mark.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-4.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-4-Large.jpg)

Zalderius is up.

Zaydos
2010-10-14, 02:38 PM
Raising his totem above his head, Zalderius calls his spirit companion into existence across the ravenous wolf from Kravnuik. It's snaps at the wolf with deadly teeth trying to distract it from its prey and Kravnuik. Then Zalderius will say a small prayer beseeching the spirits to aid Kravnuik's wounds. Finally his spirit companion will bite again wrenching at the foes throat, trying to open a chance for Kravnuik to make an attack of his own.

Minor Action: Call Spirit Companion into square M6.
Standard Action: Use Stalker's Strike on Ravenous Wolf 2 [roll0] versus Fortitude, [roll1] damage on a hit; also if it hits Kravnuik is now flanking.
Minor Action: Use Healing Spirit to allow Gael to spend a healing surge (the extra 1d6 can't come in since no one is adjacent to his wolf spirit and only Gael is hurt anyway).
Spend an action point to use: Ironbreaker Claws (fluffed it as a bite cause it's a wolf not a panther) [roll2] versus Reflex (if Stalker's Strike hit it gets Combat Advantage from Flanking increasing the roll by 2) for [roll3] damage and on a hit Kravnuik can now make a Melee Basic attack with a +4 bonus to hit (and CA from flanking).

Viracocha
2010-10-14, 02:59 PM
The spirit summoned by Zalderius attacks the wolf that has Gael in its jaws, but fails to do any damage. Healing energies course through Gael's body leaving him rejuvenated. The spirit once more lunges at the wolf, this time its fangs connecting, tearing flesh and leaving it in a sorry state. Distraught by this savage attack, the wolf leaves its defenses open to an attack by Kravnuik.

Gael is no longer bloodied.
Ravenous Wolf 2 is now bloodied, and Kravnuik can do a melee basic attack with +4 bonus (no flanking as the first attack didn't connect.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-5.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-5-Large.jpg)

Leewei
2010-10-14, 03:18 PM
Kravnuik

Krav lunges at the new opening.

Basic Attack: [roll0] (+8 Basic Attack +2 CA +4 Misc) for [roll1] damage.

Viracocha
2010-10-14, 03:26 PM
Kravnuik's sword strikes true and impales the wolf, blood and gore spilling onto the ground. With its dying breath the creature releases Gael and lets out a pitiful yowl.

Ravenous Wolf 2 is dead. Gael is no longer grabbed, but still prone.

Gael's turn is up.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-6.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-6-Large.jpg)

Dekkah
2010-10-14, 03:37 PM
Gael
The prone druid jump back on its paws. He look at the remaining wolf close by and raise its head high and start to holw. From the ground in front of Geal, a swarm of locust raise biting the wolf in the area. After the intial assault, the locusts remains to keep disturbing Gael enemies.

Regain 7 HP from the heal.
Move : Stand up.
Standard : Swarming locusts, close blast 3 on J7/H9
Attack Gray Wolf 1 :[roll0]
Hit :[roll1] damage
Effect: The blast creates a zone of swarming
locusts that lasts until the end of Gael next turn.
While within the zone, enemies grant combat
advantage.

Gael Status
HP :...17/28...TEMP HP :...0
Surge left/surge per day :...9/10
Off Hand :

Powers :
Wild shape
Savage Rend
Gasping Tide (Druid)
Swarming Locust
Action point (1/1)
Second Wind
Scattered Form
Healing Word
Primeval Bear Attack

Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Ter'Yav :
Area J7/H9 : Swarming locusts : Enemies in the area Grant CA UENT

Effects on Ter'Yav :
Wild shape (wolf form)

Items Carried :
Ritual Book
Backpack (empty)
Bedroll
Belt Pouch (empty)
Climber's Kit
Flint and Steel
Hempen Rope (50 ft.)
Trail Rations (10)
Waterskin
Sunrod (2)
Staff
Hide Armor
DAgger
Rare Herbs (Nature) (40)

Riches :
7 GP

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Purify Water

Languages
Goblin
Common
Giant
Draconic

Viracocha
2010-10-14, 06:29 PM
The locusts fail to penetrate the wolf's fur, but baffle the canine and make it drop its guard.

Posting the wolves turn momentarily.

Viracocha
2010-10-14, 07:02 PM
Gray Wolf 1:
The wolf barks a command at the approaching companion, and stands ready to bite at Kravnuik.
Standard: Ready an action.
Gray Wolf 2:
Enraged by the wall of thunder, the creature bites Nebusa, creating a serious injury.
Standard (Bite): Attack (1d20+7)[23] vs 15 AC; Damage (1d6+5)[11]
Nebusa is bloodied.
Ravenous Wolf 1:
Smelling the blood and going into a frenzy, the wolf recklessly circles around to flank Nebusa and going for the kill. However, it gets smacked in the muzzle by Morgran's hammer and gets thrown back.
OA from Morgran: (1d20+7)[19]; Damage: (2d5+9)[14] + curse damage (1d6)[2]. Ravenous Wolf 1 is bloodied.
It goes around again, this time more carefully and bites Nebusa viciously.
Move: O9
Standard (Bite): Attack (1d20+8)[19] vs 15 AC; Damage (1d10+3)[10]
Nebusa is unconscious
Ravenous Wolf 3:
Listening to his pack mate, it circles around Kravnuik to provide a distraction. As it reaches a flanking position, the other wolf goes for the fighter's thigh, managing to get through the armor, giving him a nasty wound and knocking him down. Through the opening thus created, the ravenous wolf takes another bite, grabbing Kravnuik in his jowls.
RW3 Move:Move to L9
GW1 Readied Action (Bite): Attack (1d20+9)[29] vs 19 AC (crit); Damage 17 and Kravnuik is knocked prone
RW3 Standard Action (Bite): Attack (1d20+8)[22] vs 19 AC; Damage (1d10+3)[13]; Kravnuik is bloodied and grabbed

Morgran's turn is up.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-7.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-7-Large.jpg)

RebelRogue
2010-10-14, 08:23 PM
Morgran Duskhammer

Determined to get rid of the wolf for good this time, Morgran mercilessly swings his mordenkrad once more.

Eldritch Strike on Ravenous Wolf 1 [roll0] vs. AC, damage [roll1] + curse damage [roll2] and slide it to N10 on a hit. If I miss I will take no further actions.

If I hit but do not kill the wolf, I move to N7 (adjacent to the spirit) and curse Ravenous Wolf 2.

If I hit and do kill it, I curse Gray Wolf 2 instead, but still move to N7.

Gillric
2010-10-14, 08:30 PM
Nebusa - Death Saving Throw [roll0]

Viracocha
2010-10-14, 08:39 PM
Morgran avenges his fallen fellow, swinging with all his might. The wolf's skull explodes in a shower of brains and blood.

Didn't need the curse damage so I didn't apply it (being a once per round thing it could potentially be helpful later.)

Unless RebelRogue is doing something extra, Nebusa needs to make a death saving throw, and then it's Kravnuik's turn.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-8.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-8-Large.jpg)

Viracocha
2010-10-14, 09:01 PM
Morgran finds a reserve of energy and, even though the flames he conjures fail to do what they intended, they still leave the wolf's fur singed.

9 damage to the ravenous wolf. It's Kravnuik's turn as Nebusa already saved.

Leewei
2010-10-14, 11:00 PM
Kravnuik

"That wasn't as bad as I'd feared," Krav states offhandedly as blood pours down his rain-slicked face. He then stands and slams his sword into the gray wolf adjacent to Gael.

Move Action: Stand.
Standard Action: Lasting Threat on the Gray Wolf at J7. [roll0] (+2 included for CA) vs AC for [roll1] damage. If the attack hits, the wolf is marked for the rest of the fight.

Healing Surges 10 / 10 unused.
Grabbed
Bloodied

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 07:17 AM
Kravnuik stands up and strikes a mightly blow, spilling some of the wolf's blood. It reels from the attack but recovers, a bit shaky on its paws but still ready to bring down its prey.

Kravnuik is no longer prone, but still grabbed.
Gray Wolf takes 19 damage and is just barely bloodied.

Zalderius' turn is up.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-9.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-9-Large.jpg)

Zaydos
2010-10-15, 07:36 AM
Zalderius

Zalderius lifts his totem over head and with a fiery glare at the wolf standing over his dying ally calls spirits of death and misery towards it.

As they strike it Zalderius will move behind the Ravaging Wolf to aid Kravnuik in fighting it and his companion will move beside Kravnuik. Then with three syllables he will call upon spirits to heal Nebusa.

Standard: Spirit of Grief's Shadow [roll0] vs Will; hit target is dazed and slowed and takes ongoing 5 psychic damage (save ends all); miss target is dazed until the end of my next turn and slowed (save ends); effect target takes a -5 to saves while adjacent to my spirit companion.

Move: Move to M10 and move spirit companion to L8

Minor: Healing Spirit allows Nebusa to spend a healing surge and heals Kravnuik 1d6 hp.

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 08:03 AM
The wolf visibly buckles under the haunting of the spirits, looking more sluggish.

Gray Wolf 2 is now dazed, slowed and has 5 ongoing damage. Kravnuik heals 4 hps and Nebusa goes up to 5hp and is prone.

Gael's turn is up.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-10.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-10-Large.jpg)

Dekkah
2010-10-15, 08:38 AM
Gael
Gael, seeing that the wizard is in trouble, mightyly swing his paw at the wolf, hoping to finish it off or push it away at least. Not waiting to see if he did the deal, he rush to the fallen wizard help, charging the wolf, going for its throath, shaking itviolently and releasing it to send it backward.

Standard : Savage Rend on Gray Wolf 1
Attack VS Reflex (+2 (CA - Swarming Locust)) :[roll0]
Hit : [roll1] damages and slide Gray wolf 1 to I8
Move : Move to N8 (possibly triggering an OA if I miss my first attack - note that this would trigger Krav mark ;), possibly saving me some pain )
Free : Action point
Standard : Charge Gray Wolf 2 (end in N10 - Savage Rend )
Attack VS Reflex (+2 (CA - Dazed), +1 Charge) :[roll2] (+3 for MOTL = 15)
Hit : [roll3] damages and slide Gray wolf 2 to N12
Free : Memory of Thousand Lifetimes to boost Charge on Gray wolf 2, rolled in OOC = +3 to attack roll

Gael Status
Surge left/surge per day :...9/10
Off Hand :

Powers :
Wild shape
Savage Rend
Gasping Tide (Druid)
Swarming Locust
Action point (0/1)
Second Wind
Scattered Form
Healing Word
Primeval Bear Attack

Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Ter'Yav :
Area J7/H9 : Swarming locusts : Enemies in the area Grant CA UENT

Effects on Ter'Yav :
Wild shape (wolf form)

Items Carried :
Ritual Book
Backpack (empty)
Bedroll
Belt Pouch (empty)
Climber's Kit
Flint and Steel
Hempen Rope (50 ft.)
Trail Rations (10)
Waterskin
Sunrod (2)
Staff
Hide Armor
DAgger
Rare Herbs (Nature) (40)

Riches :
7 GP

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Purify Water

Languages
Goblin
Common
Giant
Draconic

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 09:13 AM
Gael swipes at the wolf in front of him, pushing it away. He then charges across the battlefield and barely manages to do the same to the wolf that had felled Nebusa, having to recall from memories of his past lives to do so.

A voice calls out from the tower, shouting over the pouring rain and snarling wolves. It sounds like an old woman yelling, "Get inside my tower! You'll be safe in here!" Seeing the sorry state of the adventurers in front of her, she decides to help from a distance. She moves a bit closer and lobs a ceramic jar that explodes near the closest wolf, blinding and disorienting it.

Gray Wolf 1 takes 14 damage and gets pushed to I8, Gray Wolf 2 takes 5 damage and gets pushed to N12.

Old Woman moves to C12 and uses Flash Powder on Gray Wolf 1 at 25 vs Fort. Gray Wolf 1 is blinded.

Doing wolves' turns next.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-11.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-11-Large.jpg)

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 09:59 AM
Gray Wolf 2:
First surprised by seeing his victim come to life, then enraged at being pushed away from it, the wolf moves back to try to put an end to Nebusa. It still feels groggy from the deathly spirits, so it doesn't manage to strike this time.
GW2 takes 5 damage, moves to O11, fails save so still dazed/slowed/5 ongoing psychic.
Gray Wolf 1:
Blind and confused, the creature sniffs its way back to Kravnuik, then fails to bite him.
Move:J8
Standard (Bite): Attack: (1d20+2)[7] vs 19 AC; Miss
Ravenous Wolf 3:
The beast keeps its jaws tight on Kravnuik, trying to bite further but not being able to get through his armor.
Standard (Bite): (1d20+7)[16] vs 19 AC; Miss

Morgran's turn is up.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-12.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-12-Large.jpg)

RebelRogue
2010-10-15, 10:33 AM
Morgran Duskmallet

Completing the line his allies are forming, Morgran slouchs through the mud to use his hammer on yet another wolf.

Move to M9, attacking Ravenous Wolf 3, carefully avoiding its OA (is that cursed by me? I don't recall cursing it, but if it is not, I do so now). I use Eldritch Strike on it: [roll0] vs. AC, damage [roll1] + Curse damage [roll2].

Edit: not using the curse damage, and Cursing Gray wolf 1 instead.

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 10:40 AM
Morgran brains another wolf with his mordenkrad, adding more gore to it. The wolf falls limply to the ground, releasing Kravnuik from its jaws.

Ravenous Wolf 3 is now dead. Kravnuik is no longer grabbed.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-13.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-13-Large.jpg)

Gillric
2010-10-15, 10:49 AM
Nebusa climbs back to his feet and again sends a wave of thunder at the wolf in front of him

Thunderwave | [roll0] vs Fort | [roll1] damage

Gillric
2010-10-15, 10:57 AM
Finally seeing his attacks hitting home, Nebusa uses Promise of Storm (minor) then (action points) sends a third wave of thunder at the wolf

Thunderwave | vs Fort | [roll]1d6+8+1d8 damage (17 damage, rolled in OOC)

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 10:57 AM
Still tormented by the haunting spirits, the wolf doesn't managed to avoid Nebusa's spell. Blood drips slowly down its leg and starts pooling on the ground.

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 11:06 AM
As it sways it gets hit by a more brutal wave of thunder. It can barely stand up on its legs and it's obvious it's not long for this world.

Kravnuik's turn is up.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-14.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-14-Large.jpg)

Leewei
2010-10-15, 11:35 AM
Kravnuik

"It is ever my destiny to find salvation at the hands of old women. My thanks, Grandmother!" the badly wounded man shouts above the rain and sounds of fighting. He then slashes at the nearby gray wolf.

Standard Action: Crushing Surge on the adjacent Gray Wolf [roll0] (+2 CA included) for [roll1] damage. If the attack hits, Krav gains 1 THP.

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 11:46 AM
Kravnuik's sword slices cleanly through the wolf's neck, severing it. The head drops to the ground, tongue lolling out, soon to be followed by the beast's body.

Gray Wolf 1 is dead.

Zalderius turn is up.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-15.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter1-15-Large.jpg)

Zaydos
2010-10-15, 11:50 AM
Zalderius

The githzerai's spirit companion rushes to the side of the last wolf tearing into it with a quick darting bite, radiating an aura of predatory awareness to bolster its allies.

Move Action: Spirit companion moves to N10.

Standard Action: Watcher's Strike [roll0] vs Reflex; hit: [roll1] and allies adjacent to the spirit companion gain +1 to melee and +5 to perception for 1 turn. Miss: nothing.

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 11:57 AM
The ghostly wolf makes its way over to the last gray canine and attempts to strike. In a desperate move, the wolf manages to dodge, but it used up its last energy doing so and falls down lifelessly.

And we're done! Not going to bother with a map.

The old woman beckons, "Come, get out of the rain. You'll be safe inside." She makes her way into the tower, leaving the door open.

Zaydos
2010-10-15, 11:59 AM
Zalderius

Zalderius lowers his head and silently asks the spirits of the woods and of the fallen wolves for forgiveness, slowly stroking his own wolf spirit.

Gillric
2010-10-15, 12:13 PM
Seeing the last of the wolves fall, Nebusa lets out a sigh of relief and heads across the bridge to thank the old woman. Thank you for your assistance with the wolves, could we get in out of the weather?

Dekkah
2010-10-15, 12:15 PM
Gael
Gael let out a long howling sound.
Accept these wolves spirit Lady Melora.
The druid shift back in his Deva body and looks at the two grey wolf, picking up the biggest one and slinging it over his shoulder.
"Melora provided us with nourisment."
With a smile he approach the old lady and ask her,
"Wants to share this meal with us?"

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 12:18 PM
"I'm an old woman set in her ways, and eating wolf meat is not one of them. But do come in, you can rest in the sitting room." She directs you with a wave of her arm.

RebelRogue
2010-10-15, 12:27 PM
Morgran Duskhammer

Morgran is careful to concentrate on suppressing the sulphorous fumes as he moves closer to the woman and the house. So, do wolves have souls? - he asks himself again as he walks through the rain. He tries to ignore this thought and its unpleasant implications. Instead, he nods and says a simple Thanks to the old woman as he enters the hut. If only he had a good night's sleep to look forward to...

Dekkah
2010-10-15, 12:31 PM
Gael
The druid walk up to the tower and stop outside. Not wanting to get blood all over in the tower, Gael hang his wolf outside and open it up to let it get drained of its blood while they rest in the tower.
We will eat you later.
He quickly wash himself before entering the tower as best as he can.

Zaydos
2010-10-15, 12:32 PM
Zalderius

Zalderius follows the others in the hut in a silent bout of melancholy brought on by killing wolves. He agrees with Gael that it would be a waste to just let the wolf rot out of respect for the spirit at least its death should serve a purpose.

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 12:37 PM
The old woman navigates her way around the staircase that leads to the other floors in the tower and sits down on a chair in the sitting room. A fire roars in the hearth. "Welcome, my name is Treona."

Gillric
2010-10-15, 12:44 PM
Thank you for welcoming us into your home, my name is Nebusa. Nebusa walks into the room and moves to stand next to the fire and attempt to get dry.

Zaydos
2010-10-15, 12:49 PM
Zalderius

Yes, thank you for your kindness and your assistance, Zalderius says before turning to stare back out over the recent battlefield.

Dekkah
2010-10-15, 03:08 PM
Gael
Once the druid thinks he is clean enough to enter, he follows the others. He goes by the fire to warm himself and say,
"Thank you, this fire is nice. Will you mnd if I cook our meal on this fire later?"
Gael is obviously refering to the wolf.
He put his hand over the fire to warm them and continues his questioning,
"Are you the one that is offering some job? We have been directed here to get more informations."

Leewei
2010-10-15, 03:46 PM
Kravnuik

Briefly expressing his gratitude, Krav will stop just inside the entrance and begin to methodically clean his injuries. Once the bleeding has staunched, he removes his muddy armor and boots and begins to clean them as well. Only after the better part of an hour does he rejoin his companions' company.

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 06:48 PM
A regal man in his mid forties descends the stairs to join you. Treona introduces him, "This is Kiris Alkirk. We've been keeping an eye on you, and the display of bravery outside this tower convinced us that you're the people we need. There's an object that we must recover and we need your help doing so. Alkirk is the last heir in the Kiris line, the rulers of the fallen town of Kiris Dahn. I'm not sure if you're familiar with its history, but eight years ago, Alkirk, I and everyone were forced to abandon Kiris Dahn. In the face of an overwhelming goblin invasion, the populace scattered to other settlements or secluded lives. The goblins took over Kiris Dahn and live there still."

She takes a jug of water, picks up a cup from a tray and pours some for herself.

"Before the goblins came, the Kiris line had exhausted its supply of slaying stones, powerful items that used magic to kill the town's greatest enemies. The town had eight of them, and all had been spent to destroy various threats. The goblins came in great numbers, and there was no stone to frighten them off. While studying obscure historical texts, I found references indicating that there were originally nine slaying stones, not eight."

The man finally speaks in a cultured voice, "The stone must be destroyed, it cannot fall into the wrong hands. Treona has devised a ritual to destroy the stone but first it must be fetched. As I'm sure you realize, that task is easier said than done as Kiris Dahn is overrun with goblins. We need you to infiltrate the town, preferably without letting your presence known, and retrieve it for us. You will be justly recompensed. What say you? If you'll do this for us, we'll give you further information and help in any way we can."

Leewei
2010-10-15, 06:52 PM
Kravnuik

"A town overrun with goblins?" Krav asks, a strange light in his eye. Saying nothing further, he begins to shrug into his armor.

Zaydos
2010-10-15, 06:54 PM
Zalderius

Once we get the stone wouldn't it be better to use it to liberate Kiris Dahn from the goblins by using it?

Gillric
2010-10-15, 07:07 PM
Finally feeling the warmth return to his bones, Nebusa speaks up, If we manage to recover the stone, we can decide what to do with it then. The hard part will be avoiding the vast amounts of goblins and locating the stone itself.

RebelRogue
2010-10-15, 07:11 PM
Morgran Duskhammer

This sound like a chance for me to make some good use of the powers for which I have paid so dearly, Morgran thinks to himself. He speaks up after having been silent for most of the time he's spent in the house: As you may know, the horrible green pest that constitues the goblinoid races are ancient enemies of my people. If I can help, I will gladly lend you, and any other refugees from Kiris Dahn for that matter, the help my hammer may provide. Again, he pats the mordenkrad which has now been painstakingly cleansed from the blood and viscera from the wolves.

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 07:29 PM
"The threat of the slaying stones is much more potent than its actual effects. While it is devastating when used against one creature, that's where its power ends. As soon as it is expended it breaks down and cannot be used again. Thus while it is useful to scare an army into running away when you utterly annihilate their commander, it wouldn't be as useful in the situation where the enemy already controls the town."

"Treona, tell them more about its origins."

Treona nods, "Very well, but to explain that we must start with the town of Kiris Dahn. When the town was at the pinnacle of its power, its wealth and prosperity made it a target for nearby settlements and thieves. To guard against any invasion by powerful forces, the then-ruler of Kiris Dahn sought out tiefling weaponsmiths known as the Architects of Victory, who were experts at deadly magic passed down from the last days of Bael Turath. For a hefty price, they created a set of magic weapons capable of slaying Kiris Dahn's enemies. They placed a limit on the weapons, though, to ensure that they would be used for their stated purpose and couldn't be used against the tieflings. The items worked only in and near the town of Kiris Dahn. The slaying stones were created many decades ago. The rulers of Kiris Dahn originally commissioned nine stones though Alkirk and his parents believed there were only eight. Seven of these were used to slay leaders of various invading forces, and one was stolen by a courtier and used in an aborted attempt at a coup." She takes a sip from her cup. "The Kiris family has always held the secret ritual that can destroy a stone. I mastered the ritual after I discovered there was still one stone left. I will not be teaching this ritual as we want proof of its destruction."

She falls into silence as if inviting any questions you may have.

RebelRogue
2010-10-15, 07:40 PM
Morgran Duskmallet

Are there any clues of where we might find this last stone, and how do we recognize it?, Morgran asks. Also, on the same note, do you have a map of the city?

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 08:00 PM
"In the belongings I managed to bring with me I do have a map." He stands up and reaches for a scroll on a nearby cabinet. He returns and opens it up on a low table for all to see.

http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/map.jpg

Treona takes over, "As for where you might find it, we have reason to believe it likely rests within the old library", and she points at the section of the map labeled 3, "one of the temples", pointing at section 4, "or the Kiris estate", pointing lastly at section 9. "The goblins live primarily on the northern sections of the town, so it should be easier for you to travel through the southeast. All those locations are outside the areas the goblins usually live in."

Alkirk takes over, "There's also a significant population of kobolds in the southern area", pointing at section 2, "which they converted into slums. In fact the whole town is quite run down as goblins just scavenge materials from everywhere. These kobolds are bullied by the stronger goblins, so some languishing rancor may be an exploitable option to drive a wedge in between them."

"As for how you can find it, I have three ritual scrolls that I can give you. These are attuned to the slaying stone, and shows a ghostly image of the item if it's nearby. It's best to use the ritual at the center of a building to search the whole area thoroughly. They require the use of some alchemical reagents, but I will provide those before you depart."

Dekkah
2010-10-15, 08:26 PM
Gael
The druid have been keeping silent all this time by the fire. He take a look at the map. So my Lady, you want me to slay some green skinned scum., wonders Gael.
Returning his attention to the old couple, the druid ask,
"I can understand that these stone wont work against an army, but why destroy it and not just use it to slay one enemy leader? Even taking care of one lowly kobold would be better use of it than simply destroying it."

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 08:38 PM
"If it comes to that, you must return to me the remains of the stone. I'll be able to determine if it is indeed the stone, but I'd prefer it if I could destroy it myself."

Dekkah
2010-10-15, 09:33 PM
Gael
The druid was staring the old couple, then suddenly shrug and become more relaxed, "You are the one hiring us, it is as you wish I guess."
He then turns to his compagnons and says,
"What do you guys say? This sound fun, and I would like the chance to clean this land of some green slimes, if we are lucky and encounter some small isolated groups."

Zaydos
2010-10-15, 09:36 PM
Zalderius

Zalderius nods, There's no telling what or who the goblins might choose to kill with this stone once they find it, it would be best to prevent that.

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 09:41 PM
"We're not so much afraid that goblins will find it, as they are quite stupid creatures, but that someone else may get their hands on it". Treona explains, "They could potentially learn how to create more of them, perhaps even without the restrictions imposed on them by the tieflings."

Alkirk nods, "Indeed, we cannot incur that risk. Is there anything else you may want to know that we can provide the answer to?"

Zaydos
2010-10-15, 09:43 PM
Zalderius

Exactly how powerful of a being could one of these stones kill?

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 09:45 PM
Treona responds, "We're not exactly sure. All I can say is that every time it has been used, it has never failed to obliterate its target."

Leewei
2010-10-15, 09:48 PM
Kravnuik

"Upon daybreak, I will be prepared to leave."

Dekkah
2010-10-15, 09:51 PM
Gael
The mention of a possible third party interested in this stone return Gal attention to the old woman,
"Who else might know about this?"

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 09:54 PM
"We had a report of someone asking about the slaying stones, but no one could provide a description. It's like their memories were magically erased."

Gillric
2010-10-15, 09:59 PM
Magically erased memories, and yet they didn't erase the fact that someone asking about the stone as well, just the description. It is odd that they covered up part of it while leaving the rest of the information there as a lead.

RebelRogue
2010-10-15, 09:59 PM
Morgran Duskhammer

Erased memories, huh?, Morgran grumbles. I'd surely like to erase some myself, he thinks with a smidgen of hope. In any case, as I said before, I'm in!

Viracocha
2010-10-15, 10:31 PM
Treona stands up, "If you have no more questions for now, you may rest in the rooms upstairs. I hope they'll be adequate accommodation, though it is rare that I have guests." She smiles at Alkirk, "I don't consider Alkirk a guest anymore, we've been through much together."

Leewei
2010-10-15, 10:34 PM
Kravnuik

Bowing to his hostess, the warrior retires for the night.

RebelRogue
2010-10-15, 10:45 PM
Morgran Duskhammer

Morgran looks rather depressed at the prospect of going to bed now. At least it's better than to sleep in the wilderness. I'm not all that tired, to be honest..., he pauses, looking down. But my friends could surely need the rest. In any case, thank you for the hospitality, he says to Treona. As ready as he can be to face his dreams, he climbs the stairs to find a suitable place to sleep.

Dekkah
2010-10-15, 10:52 PM
Gael
"Thank you, I'll go prepare our dinner now."
Gael goes outside and start to cut some meat from the wolf.
He then returns inside to cook it and eat his meal.
Thank you Melora for this meal.
He share to with those who wants some.
When he is done, he shift into his wolf form and cuddle beside the fire to get some sleep.

Zaydos
2010-10-15, 10:53 PM
Zalderius

Thanks their hosts and joins Gael in the meal of wolf meat. His spirit companion finally fading back to the spirit world.

Gillric
2010-10-16, 10:33 AM
Nebusa stands by the fire long into the night. I just can't seem to get warm tonight. Its been a rough night for him with nearly dieing in the fight with the wolves. Finally when he can't keep his eyes open any longer he drags a chair over next to the fire and falls asleep there.

Viracocha
2010-10-16, 11:10 AM
The night passes eventlessly. At daybreak, the sun shines through the windows, it's a beautiful day. Treona comes downstairs to the kitchen and starts preparing breakfast. Alkirk is nowhere to be found.

This is an extended rest of course.

Gillric
2010-10-16, 11:13 AM
Awakened from his spot in front of the hearth by the aroma wafting out of the kitchen, Nebusa rises and joins Treona. Good morning, what is that delicious aroma?

Viracocha
2010-10-16, 11:22 AM
"It's from the blueberry scones. I'll bring them over shortly", she replies. "There's some mead in a pitcher on that table, or you can grab some water from the well outside. It's always nice and cool."

Gillric
2010-10-16, 11:32 AM
Why thank you, I think I will have some water. Hmm, I haven't seen Alkirk yet this morning, is he sleeping late?

Viracocha
2010-10-16, 11:46 AM
"He'll be back soon. He went to get the reagents for the ritual scrolls."

Zaydos
2010-10-16, 11:48 AM
Zalderius

Thank you for the food and place to rest, Zalderius says as he goes to the well. He pulls up water to take a drink and then sits in meditation outside of the building.

Dekkah
2010-10-16, 11:55 AM
Gael
Gael wakes up still in beastform. He stand up and strech his body.
He walks outside, noding to Nebusa as he pass by him.
The druid then get into water to clean himself, swim for a few minutes and comes out of the water, shaking himself to dry his fur. He then revert to his human form and proceed to clean his equipment.
When he is done, he return inside to join his compagnons.

Viracocha
2010-10-16, 12:01 PM
Alkirk opens the front door and enters, taking his cloak and placing it on a hanger. He meets Treona in the kitchen and hands her a package. "When you are done breaking your fast, please join us in the sitting room. We have some last advice and requests for you." She takes one scone with her and takes a seat by the hearth. Alkirk follows her.

Dekkah
2010-10-16, 12:08 PM
Gael
Gael walks into the kitchen,
"Good morning. Melora granted us a nice warm day to start our quest."
He takes some food and goes into the sitting room.
He take a seat, apparently not confortable while sitting in a chair.
When everyone is gathered, Gael ask, apparently being more to the point than the patient type,
"What are your advice and request?"

Gillric
2010-10-16, 12:17 PM
Nebusa finishing his meal follows into the sitting room and returns to the chair next to the hearth. I hope your morning endeavors went well Alkirk, what advice and requests do you have for us?

Leewei
2010-10-16, 03:19 PM
Kravnuik

Krav leaves his chamber shortly after sunrise, then performs some simple stretches and calisthenics in the front of the tower. Following this, he cleans his mostly-healed injuries and checks for signs of infection. Satisfied that the bites are largely superficial, he busies himself with menial chores for the tower that require far more muscle than creativity.

Viracocha
2010-10-16, 07:09 PM
"Come everyone, please sit down with us."

Zaydos
2010-10-16, 07:15 PM
Zalderius

Zalderius comes in to sit with them, still contemplating on the beauty of this world.

RebelRogue
2010-10-16, 07:17 PM
Morgran Duskhammer

After a relatively quiet night by Morgran's standards, he's in a pretty good mood - comparatively of course. He looks pleased to see the muffins and if needed fetches a pail of water from the well, silently greeting everybody as he sees them, even hinting at a smile. He eats his breakfast outside with his brothers-in-arms before going to the sitting room, re-checking his gear before the final briefing.

Leewei
2010-10-16, 07:20 PM
Kravnuik

After dousing himself with a bucket of water, Krav towels off and joins the briefing.

Viracocha
2010-10-16, 07:42 PM
Treona smiles at everyone in turn, "I hope everyone had a good sleep. I'm sure in the near future it won't come as easy. As for the task ahead, like I promised, here are the reagents you need to use for the ritual scrolls to help with the location of the stones". She takes three parcels and hands them to Nebusa. "You have three chances, please be careful with its use. Like I said yesterday, try using it at the center of a building to make sure you get as much use out of them as possible."

"Kiris Dhan is now known as Gorizbadd. The goblins renamed it after taking over. It sits on the western edge of the Nentir Vale, roughly 10 miles due west of the Ogrefist Hills and 10 miles south of the old trade road. The goblins consider most of the town their land, except for the parts inhabited by dangerous beasts. They don't venture into the kobold's slum, but still claim ownership over it. Realize that your presence there is very precarious. There are enemies everywhere, and you surely don't want them to know you're around if you can help it. While you may be able to defeat the odd patrol or intimidate a weakling, in the end your task may be compromised if they decide to come looking for you. Please be careful, and especially so as you travel through the town". You can tell from the expression on his face that he is genuinely concerned.

Treona speaks up, "I also have one request. With the haste of our departure I had to leave some magical tomes behind. Don't let them distract you from your main task, but if you come across them, I'd love to have them returned."

Gillric
2010-10-16, 08:34 PM
I have a couple of questions for you. First, is there anything that would allow us to move around the town without drawing attention to ourselves? Underground tunnels or anything of that sort? Second, these books you mention, how will we recognize them if we do happen accross them? Nebusa takes the reagents and stows them carefully in his pack.

Viracocha
2010-10-16, 08:38 PM
"I have no knowledge of tunnels, but I can't say that they do not exist. Even if they did, I have no idea what state they'd be in with the goblins just defacing everything."

"As for the books, you'll be able to recognize them by my symbol on its spines. It's a blue swan inside a green circle."

Leewei
2010-10-16, 10:06 PM
Kravnuik

"Is anything known of the goblin town's mayor or guard?"

Viracocha
2010-10-16, 10:08 PM
"Goblins are never too organized, but I'm sure there will be patrols. I have no knowledge of the leader, but most likely it took the Kiris estate for himself."

Dekkah
2010-10-16, 10:33 PM
Gael
Dangerous beasts? Lady Melora, is this an other test? Maybe a sign.
Coming out of his revery, the druid ask,
"You says there is dangerous beast in some area? What are these beast?"

Viracocha
2010-10-17, 08:05 AM
"We haven't been able to get a good description, just that the goblins avoid certain areas. Be wary."

Viracocha
2010-10-17, 12:24 PM
Treona and Alkirk say their farewells to everyone and watch as they leave towards Kiris Dahn. The trip takes a few days and nothing out of the ordinary occurs. You travel during the day and always keep a watch at night. You take this opportunity to forge stronger bonds in between yourselves.

At 4 o'clock of the fourth day you arrive to the town now known as Gorizbadd. A short bridge across the river that surrounds most of the town leads to a rickety palisade that the goblins built at the entrance to replace the rotten timbers of the old gate. A few guards mill about here, though they don't seem very concerned with the possibility of intruders.

Now you get to decide how you want to get into the town. You can try to go through the front gates (either through force or stealth), cross the river and go in through the slums, or try to navigate the forest, which will be a bit more difficult but will allow you to chose your point of entry. You are fairly sure though that if you break through the gates, the guard's disappearance would be noticed.

From now on, when there's 3 people agreeing to a course of action I won't be waiting for others. If you disagree, you can do so through role-playing, and it's always your prerogative to split from the rest of the party, though I advise against it.

Gillric
2010-10-17, 01:28 PM
I suggest we try the forest as a first option as it gives us more freedom about where we enter, if that fails we could go in through the slums.

Zaydos
2010-10-17, 01:29 PM
Zalderius

Sounds a wise enough option.

RebelRogue
2010-10-17, 02:04 PM
Morgran Duskmallet

Morgran chimes in: My first thought was the slums - more direct I suppose - but going through the woods works too.

Leewei
2010-10-17, 02:21 PM
Kravnuik

Looking at the woods distrustfully, Krav finally nods in assent.

RebelRogue
2010-10-17, 08:01 PM
Morgan Duskmallet

Crossing the river and then sneaking into the library seems like the most obvious place to start, Morgran suggests.

Viracocha
2010-10-17, 08:06 PM
The party decides to brave the forest and the river. A short trek away they are surrounded by trees, finding it hard to find their directions.

This is a skill challenge. You need to get 4 successes before 3 failures. You must use your skills in a way that it would help you advance, so please give a brief description in how you wish to use it. There will still be eyes in the forest, so trying to avoid those is an option. As you chose to go through the forest, whenever a character makes a skill check, another one must simultaneously attempt a nature check to make sure you don't lose your way.

We'll run this first come first serve, but you don't get to go again until everyone else has gone.

Leewei
2010-10-17, 08:17 PM
Kravnuik
"Maybe a better view of our situation could help," Krav suggests. He then shrugs off his scale mail and climbs the tallest tree (with concealing foliage) nearby to get a better view of the area.

Athletics check:[roll0]

RebelRogue
2010-10-17, 08:24 PM
Morgran Duskhammer

Morgran knows that he is almost impossible to tire. So as the party progresses through the woods, he does his best to take on any task that requires exertion. Whether it is cutting down undergrowth or constantly moving ahead, checking for thorny bushes or other unpleasant obstacles or building improvised bridges over streams and ravines, the dwarf tries to do as much work for the team as he possibly can.

Endurance check: [roll0]

Gillric
2010-10-17, 08:39 PM
Nebusa studies the area the group is travelling through while trying to recall any knowledge of the surrounding area he might know to lead them to a spot where it is easy to cross the river.

History - [roll0] | Nature - [roll1]

Zaydos
2010-10-17, 08:48 PM
Zalderius

Zalderius knows his eyes are sharp and true, so he moves forward alert for observers and for the easiest path, asking the spirits for their aid as well.

Use Speak with Spirits for +4 on his next skill check this turn; Perception [roll0], Nature [roll1]

Viracocha
2010-10-17, 09:00 PM
Kravnuik spies a safe path from the height of the tree and with Gael's help to find the direction of the path, he leads the group further into the forest.

Morgran keeps everyone's spirits up, slogging ahead of everyone and encouraging them.

Nebusa fails to recall any information that would help the party find their way.

Despite Zalderius brilliant observational skills, they are not enough to help Gael get them closer to their destination.

So that's two successes from Kravnuik and Morgran, nothing from Nebusa and from Zalderius.

Eventually the band of adventurers manages to find the river and attempt to ford it.

This is an athletics check, I'll be rolling it for everyone:
Kravnuik [roll0]
Nebusa [roll1]
Gael [roll2]
Zalderius [roll3]
Morgran [roll4]

Viracocha
2010-10-17, 09:03 PM
Struggling through the river waters, slipping in some spots but keeping each other above water, the group manages to get through to the other margin. They quickly resume their trek through the forest on the other side.

That's another success. You're now sitting at 3 successes, Gael's turn is left (remember to also roll 1d20+9 for Zalderius' nature check)

Dekkah
2010-10-17, 10:32 PM
Gael
Gael, turn in beastform and start to seek some tracks, planning to use them to follow them to find the correct way to get to town, but still be be wary for patrols or sentries.

Perception to find tracks and follow them toward the town and to watch for sentries.
Perception : [roll]1D20+9[roll]
Nature since required by Varicocha.
Nature[roll0]

Viracocha
2010-10-18, 07:02 AM
Even though Gael cannot find a way closer to the town, he does notice a goblin patrol making their rounds.

No success, but the next skill check gains a +2 bonus.

Dekkah
2010-10-18, 11:08 AM
Gael
So you seek to challenge me Lady Melora?
Gael mind focus on remembering the main features from the map as he compares them the the area surrounding him and his friends. When he judge their relative position and the cardinal direction, he move toward their intended goal, first going away form the patrol not to get detected.

Nature check (+2 (bonus for previous check)) :[roll0]

Viracocha
2010-10-18, 12:34 PM
Gael's ability to translate the map into actual directions allows you to get through to the town. You come out of the forest in a relatively deserted quarter and try to make your way towards the Kiris Dahn Library. As you get near, you notice that it has been wrecked by the goblins as a symbol that they had overtaken the town. The structure still stands, but many of its walls have tumbled down, and the books and scrolls are open to the elements.

Over a dozen young goblin warriors stand in front of the entrance to the library, going through drills. Their leader, a grizzled veteran, barks orders.

You receive 20xp from succeeding the skill challenge.

You can decide what to do now, you may use skill checks to perform actions (always with a description of what you're trying to do). Depending on the description I may ask to roll a different skill or just ignore the roll completely. Imagination will always be a bonus :smallsmile: These will be individual skill checks unless I ask for them, at which point I may just roll them myself. If you have any questions, please post them on the OOC thread.

Dekkah
2010-10-18, 12:55 PM
Gael
The druid stops and from their position, looks around for some clues

Does it look like that the goblin simply were passing by and stopped to do some drills or is that place their official training grounds/barrack?
Also, do the goblins have a view into the library from their position?

Viracocha
2010-10-18, 01:01 PM
You cannot tell how long they have been there, but they do not look very tired. Most goblins are facing either away from the library, or towards another goblin, neither facing the library, though sometimes they do turn in circles. Only the leader is looking in the library's direction, but he seems to only be inspecting his troops.

Dekkah
2010-10-18, 01:13 PM
Gael
The druid shift back to his deva body and ask his allies in a hushed voice,
"What do you guys want to do? We could go for the next building and return here later. I dont see any indications that this is their barrack, so I guess they will move when they are done with their exercice."

Leewei
2010-10-18, 02:23 PM
Kravniuk

"Best not rely on our subtlety. Temples should be nearby. Otherwise, I could climb up the back of that book house."

Dekkah
2010-10-18, 02:33 PM
Gael
"I think we even could enter the building by one of the broken walls if we really want, but while they are that close, they will hear us inside. They might even hear you climb the back wall if you do so."

Viracocha
2010-10-19, 08:12 AM
The group of adventurers gathers up and tries to decide what to do about the goblins on the way to the library. They finally decide not to risk confrontation and turn to the north in direction of the temples. A couple minutes pass when they spy a band of orcs coming from an intersecting street. They meet a goblin and proceed to rough him up somewhat. Although they're far enough that you can't hear what they say, they seem to be asking questions and are not happy with the answers. You have the feeling that if you stay in the open much longer they might notice you.

Need three people to make a skill check, something relevant get cover.

Leewei
2010-10-19, 08:24 AM
Kravniuk

Unless he is restrained, Krav enthusiastically draws his sword and advances on the orcs.

Viracocha
2010-10-19, 08:28 AM
There are 9 heavily armed orcs in that party. I'll try to be more specific with numbers from now on so you can make your decisions. If you wish to get cover then I need three skill checks, if you wish to engage with them, well, don't need skill checks. :smallbiggrin:

Gillric
2010-10-19, 09:01 AM
Nebusa uses Ghost Sound to attempt to distract the orcs. He creates the sound behind the group of orcs and attempts to make it sound like a goblin insulting them.

Ghost Sound | At-Will | Standard | coupled with a bluff check for the sound of a goblin?

Viracocha
2010-10-19, 09:50 AM
As Kravnuik steps forward, sword in hand, Nebusa provides a distraction by creating voices of goblins on the opposite side of the orcs. They quickly run in the direction of the sound and enter a decrepit building nearby. They drag the sorry goblin as they go, his head bouncing against the dusty ground.

Do you wish to go after the orcs or continue to the temples?

Dekkah
2010-10-19, 10:06 AM
Gael
The druid was once more in beastform to move toward the temples, but as he sees the orcs, he revert back to his natural form and say in an hushed voice so only his allies hear,
"I dont think these orcs are allied with the goblins, nor that they should be here. If we save that goblin, we might be able to get some informations out of him, maybe even some help."
You all can clearly see by his expression and tone that he doesnt really like his own idea, disgusted by the fact of helping a goblin, but is going for the opportunity and practicality.
The druid say no more and shift back to his animal form, this time a bear, waiting for his friend decision, in the meanwhile looking of a safe way to use to not get noticed by the orcs if they decide to leave them be.

If we dont engage ...
Perception : [roll0]

Leewei
2010-10-19, 10:22 AM
Kravniuk

Glowering at the orcs, Krav slowly regains his self-control. "Let's go to the temple. We have a mission," he concedes.

Zaydos
2010-10-19, 10:25 AM
Zalderius

I say we help the goblin, and capture an orc if possible while we're at it. They might be hunting the stone as well, Zalderius says in a whisper.

Gillric
2010-10-19, 10:27 AM
We do need information that the goblin might have, if you think we can handle the orcs I am in favour of getting that information.

Dekkah
2010-10-19, 10:37 AM
Gael
The druid nod at Zalderius and Nebusa assesment of the situation and point the house where the orcs have gone to hide with his muzzle and scrath the ground in an agressive manner.

BTW, I am not sure , but I assumed that I cannot speak in beastform. It actually add some fun flavor to the character ;).

Leewei
2010-10-19, 10:45 AM
Kravniuk

Krav looks relieved, and perhaps even touched by the willingness of the group to attack the orcs. He readies his blade and faces the house. "Let us see their mettle, then," he states eagerly.

Viracocha
2010-10-19, 12:43 PM
You go into the building through the same entrance the orcs disappeared into. After a short corridor, debris of a broken door litter the floor. Through the doorway you cannot see much, at least until you get closer.

Please position yourselves in the squares between K0 and L2, and might as well roll initiative as you do so:

http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-1-Large.jpg

Leewei
2010-10-19, 12:50 PM
Kravnuik

Cautiously opening the door, Krav leads the way.

Start in L2.

Dekkah
2010-10-19, 01:03 PM
Gael
The druid follows the fighter thinking, We will clean this land of these monsters my Lady, they wont polute it again.

Initiative : [roll0]
I'll start in L1

Zaydos
2010-10-19, 01:06 PM
Zalderius

Moving beside the druid, Zalderius enters the building totem in hand and eyes alert.

K1

Gillric
2010-10-19, 02:06 PM
Nebusa enters the building and brings up the rear (L0)

Initiative [roll0]

Viracocha
2010-10-19, 02:45 PM
As Kravnuik peers through the smashed door, he sees a 20-foot-high room with a glowing circle of runes inscribed on the floor. Beyond it, the floor falls away into a gaping pit. Rickety scaffolding built around the pit supports a 10-foot-high wooden platform, atop which stands a powerfully built orc wearing a leather hood. She turns to face you, raises her greataxe, and screams.

Zalderius' turn is up.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-2.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-2-Large.jpg)

Zaydos
2010-10-19, 02:51 PM
Zalderius

Zalderius moves cautiously into the room, summoning his spirit companion beside the orc and ordering it to perform a lunging assault.

Move: to L6.
Minor: call spirit companion into G7.
Standard: Use Watcher's Strike on Krayd [roll0] vs Reflex, [roll1] damage and allies adjacent to my spirit companion gain +1 to hit and +5 to perception until my next turn.

Viracocha
2010-10-19, 03:06 PM
Zalderius reacts quickly and goes through the doorway, summoning his spirit companion and instructing it to attack the orc on top of the platform. It does so willingly, tearing a gash on her thigh.

Krayd takes 7 damage.

Since right now there's only one enemy on the board and she's going last, feel free to take your turns in whichever order you prefer. I also assumed Morgran wanted to be as close to the entrance as possible since he's mostly melee, but let me know if you want to change that RebelRogue.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-3.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-3-Large.jpg)

Dekkah
2010-10-19, 03:23 PM
Gael
The wolf move forward, going around the symbols on the floor and charge wildly the enemy on top of the stairs. Her swing his big paw to force the enemy back some to make some clearence for his allies.

Since the DM allows, if you guys dont mind, I'll go first, in hope to move the enemy so we all can move on the platform.

Move : Move to K7 (around the circle)
Standard : Charge Krajd (end in G6) (use Savage Rend)
Attack VS reflex (+1 Charge)) : [roll0]
Hit : [roll1] damage and slide Krajd to E6

I am not sure If I get the attack bonus from the spirit, if so, add 1 to the attack roll.

Also, If I miss (only if I miss), I'll spend my action point to savage rend again in hope to clear the path :
Standard : Savage Rend on Krajd
Attack VS reflex : [roll2]
Hit : [roll3] damage and slide Krajd to E6

Gael Status
Off Hand :

Powers :
Wild shape
Savage Rend
Gasping Tide (Druid)
Swarming Locust
Action point (0/1)
Second Wind
Scattered Form
Healing Word
Primeval Bear Attack

Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Ter'Yav :

Effects on Ter'Yav :
Wild shape (wolf form)

Items Carried :
Ritual Book
Backpack (empty)
Bedroll
Belt Pouch (empty)
Climber's Kit
Flint and Steel
Hempen Rope (50 ft.)
Trail Rations (10)
Waterskin
Sunrod (2)
Staff
Hide Armor
DAgger
Rare Herbs (Nature) (40)

Riches :
7 GP

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Purify Water

Languages
Goblin
Common
Giant
Draconic

Viracocha
2010-10-19, 03:29 PM
The druid charges ahead, swiping at the orc in an attempt to push her back. With a nimble dodge, the orc sidesteps the attacks and then returns to her attack stance.

That's two misses. Not making a new map, it's the same except for Gael being at G6. Also, I thought you were in bear form now :smallsmile:

Gillric
2010-10-19, 04:03 PM
Nebusa moves forward to L6 and calls lighting down upon the foe.

Arc Lighting | At-Will | [roll0] vs Ref | [roll1] lightning damage

Leewei
2010-10-19, 04:16 PM
Kravnuik

With a grim expression, Krav positions himself.

Move Action: Move to G6.
Standard Action: Move to E6.

Viracocha
2010-10-19, 07:15 PM
The orc howls in pain as lightning strikes her, the smell of singed hair and flesh permeating the air.

As Kravnuik circles the orc, she takes a swing with her greataxe but it fails to meet its mark.

Krayd takes 12 damage.

Morgran is left.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-4.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-4-Large.jpg)

RebelRogue
2010-10-19, 10:24 PM
Morgran Duskmallet

Morgran has been preoccupied with his own dark thoughts, but now, he looks up, realizing danger is imminent. He dashes into the battlefield, trails of hellish smoke forming around him to cover him. He points at the orc. Foul abomination, I curse you to a fate worse than even being you in the first place!, he shouts as he opens his mouth in a scary-looking grin. Those close to him, think he looks grisly pale for a moment, his teeth growing fangs as the orc seems to wither a little, her life force being sucked away by some invisible magick. A moment later, Morgran is back to normal, but looking grimly satisfied and battle-ready as a result of whatever just happened. You're not sure you want to know!

Move to H8, gaining concealment through Shadow Walk. Curse the orc as a minor action, and use Vampiric embrace on it. [roll0] vs. Will, [roll1] necrotic damage + [roll2] curse damage if necessary. I also gain 7 temporary hp on a hit.

Viracocha
2010-10-20, 08:02 AM
Despite the weakness of Morgran's attack, it still manages to get past Krayd's defenses as her mental resilience is very poor.

Krayd is cursed and takes 19 damage. Morgran can't get to that location as he has to go around the door, and in any case the brown squares are on a platform 10 feet high so you couldn't get there without climbing, or going up the stairs. Left you at I6, let me know if you want to be elsewhere.

Krayd goes into a rage, gripping her greataxe. She swings it in a semi-circle, the blade biting into Gael and Kravnuik. With a boost of energy after seeing some blood, she whirls around with her axe. Kravnuik and the spirit barely manage to avoid the spinning blade, taking small knicks, but Gael is slow to react and gets hit squarely in the chest. As a last effort, Krayd tries to kick Kravnuik off the platform but he sees it coming and blocks it against his shield. Finally, she moves away temporarily to recover her energies.

Standard (Gratuitous Violence): Gael and Kravnuik take 10 damage and are dazed until the end of Krayd's turn.
Action Point (Axe Whirl): Gael takes 7 damage, Kravnuik takes 4 damage. Damage is less than 10 so spirit is safe. Gael is bloodied.
Minor (Brutal Kick): Miss
Move: E7

Let's go back to free for all, do it in whichever order you wish.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-5.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-5-Large.jpg)

Leewei
2010-10-20, 08:36 AM
Kravniuk

Krav slams into the orc with his shield.

Standard Action: Tide of Iron on Krayd. [roll0] vs AC for [roll1] damage. If successful, push Krayd to F8 and shift to follow.

Edit: Krayd is now marked as well.

Dekkah
2010-10-20, 08:39 AM
Gael
The druid takes both attack, but some swarm of insects appears over his body each time and absord some of the damage.
His head spinning a bit and seeing the monster away, he let loose a growl and a swarm of locust appear filling the area where the orc fled to bitting at the green skinned enemy and staying to disturb him afterward.

Reduce both damage by 3 (took 7 and 4)
Gael is dazed.

Standard : Locust swarm on area F7/D10
Attack VS Reflex :[roll0]
Hit : [roll1] damage
Effect : The blast creates a zone of swarming locusts that lasts until the end of your next turn. While within the zone, enemies grant combat advantage.

Gael Status
Off Hand :

Powers :
Wild shape
Savage Rend
Gasping Tide (Druid)
Swarming Locust
Action point (0/1)
Second Wind
Scattered Form
Healing Word
Primeval Bear Attack

Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Ter'Yav :

Effects on Ter'Yav :
Wild shape (bear form)
Dazed UENT (Krayd)

Items Carried :
Ritual Book
Backpack (empty)
Bedroll
Belt Pouch (empty)
Climber's Kit
Flint and Steel
Hempen Rope (50 ft.)
Trail Rations (10)
Waterskin
Sunrod (2)
Staff
Hide Armor
DAgger
Rare Herbs (Nature) (40)

Riches :
7 GP

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Purify Water

Languages
Goblin
Common
Giant
Draconic

Viracocha
2010-10-20, 08:57 AM
Krayd ducks just in time to avoid Kravnuik's shield to the face.

The locusts don't manage to pierce Krayd's skin but she gets annoyed and distracted by them.

I keep forgetting that you take less damage. It's a good thing you have that as somehow you always keep getting hit :P

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-6.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-6-Large.jpg)

Zaydos
2010-10-20, 09:18 AM
Zalderius

Escape from the hunting wolf is not that easy, the shaman says as the spirit moves back into range to lunge and bite at the orc. Zalderius himself walks towards the other to call upon the spirits to heal the injured Kravnuik.

Move Action: Move spirit to F6 and Zalderius moves to I7.
Standard Action: Watcher's Strike [roll0] vs Ref, damage [roll1] and if it hits allies gain +1 to hit and +5 perception while adjacent to my spirit until the end of my next turn.
Minor: Healing Spirit (Kravnuik can spend a healing surge and Gael heals [roll2] hp.
I Figured there wasn't a real good reason to wait till they were bloodied and take the chance the enemy gets a lucky crit.

Edit: Forgot CA so I should have had a +7 to hit, for a total of 18 vs Ref

Viracocha
2010-10-20, 10:17 AM
Zalderius' companion moves close to the orc, its strike leaving a mark on Krayd's leg.

Krayd takes 5 damage. Kravnuik heals 9 hp and Gael 2.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-7.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-7-Large.jpg)

Gillric
2010-10-20, 10:28 AM
Nebusa, feeling the need to cause harm to his for, moves to G7 and calls forth Lightning to strike at his foe.

Minor : Promise of Storm
Standard: Arc Lightning | [roll0] vs ref | [roll1] plus [roll2] damage

Edit: I don't think I could have rolled much worse there, lol

Viracocha
2010-10-20, 10:36 AM
Nebusa calls lightning once more, but it fizzles harmlessly.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-8.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-8-Large.jpg)

RebelRogue
2010-10-20, 05:12 PM
Morgran Duskmallet

Morgran, decides it's time to go face to face with the orc. He rushes up the stairs, into the swarm of locusts, and slams his mordenkrad down on her.

I hope it's my turn... :smalleek: Otherwise ignore this (or postpone it if possible). Move to F7 Eldritch Strike on Krayd [roll0] vs. AC, [roll1] damage + [roll2] curse damage and slide her into E8 (that's off the platform, right?). Once again, I have concealment from Shadow Walk and a +1 AC bonus from being adjacent to Krav since he's marked the orc (at least, I think that's how it works).

Viracocha
2010-10-20, 06:49 PM
Morgran strikes Krayd squarely in the face, pushing her back. At the last moment, the orc regains her balance and manages to cling to the platform.

Posting her turn in a sec

Viracocha
2010-10-20, 07:19 PM
With a roar, Krayd springs back to her feet. Her greataxe cleaves the air, which Kravnuik manages to avoid, and bites into Morgran's shoulder. Prepared after seeing her moves before, everyone around the orc manages to evade her spinning attack. She attempts to kick Morgran off the platform but he sidesteps it.

Kravnuik takes advantage of the opening to slice her arm with his longsword. She tries to react but he is too nimble and dodges her greataxe.

Standard (Gratuitous Violence): Miss on Kravnuik, Hit on Morgran. Morgran takes 11 damage and is dazed until end of her next turn.
Action Point (Axe Whirl): Miss on everyone. Kravnuik and Morgran take 4 damage.
Minor (Brutal Kick): Miss

OA from Kravnuik: Hit on Krayd, she takes 11 damage and is now bloodied.

Triggered action from Krayd: Misses Kravnuik.

Move: D6

Back to FFA.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-9.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-9-Large.jpg)

Leewei
2010-10-20, 08:30 PM
Kravniuk

Krav unimaginatively slams the brute with his shield.

Standard Action: Tide of Iron [roll0] (+1 power; +2 CA) vs AC against Krayd for [roll1] damage. If successful, push Krayd to C7 and shift into her original position (D6). Mark her again.
Move Action: If Krayd was pushed, shift to C6.

Viracocha
2010-10-20, 08:42 PM
Kravnuik digs his feet down and rams into the orc shield first. He manages to push her away, then quickly follows.

Krayd takes 5 damage. There was no CA as she was out of the locust swarm, but it hit anyway.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-10.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-10-Large.jpg)

Dekkah
2010-10-20, 11:42 PM
Gael
Regainng her spirit some, Gael move toward the pit and jump over its corner, looking bellow to see how deep it is.
"Oh lady Melora, you provided us with a nice pit to catch our prey!"
As he clear the pit, the druid change direction and close on the enemy and get an advantageous position. As he comes by the orc, he attacks slaming his paw to force it to move closer to the pit.

Move : Move to F6 -> E7 -> jump accross E8 -> land on D9 > C8 (got a running start, so I need 5 to jump one square (auto success, but here is the roll [roll0]))
Standard : Savage rend on Krayd
Attack VS Reflex (+2 (CA - Flank)) :[roll1]
Hit : [roll2] damage and slide Krayd to D7

Gael Status
Off Hand :

Powers :
Wild shape
Savage Rend
Gasping Tide (Druid)
Swarming Locust
Action point (0/1)
Second Wind
Scattered Form
Healing Word
Primeval Bear Attack

Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Ter'Yav :

Effects on Ter'Yav :
Wild shape (bear form)

Items Carried :
Ritual Book
Backpack (empty)
Bedroll
Belt Pouch (empty)
Climber's Kit
Flint and Steel
Hempen Rope (50 ft.)
Trail Rations (10)
Waterskin
Sunrod (2)
Staff
Hide Armor
DAgger
Rare Herbs (Nature) (40)

Riches :
7 GP

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Purify Water

Languages
Goblin
Common
Giant
Draconic

Viracocha
2010-10-21, 06:22 PM
Gael jumps nimbly over the pit, then reverses directions and swipes at the orc. She stumbles on her feet and gets pushed to the side.

Krayd takes 12 damage and gets pushed to D7.

Luckily the version I had at home wasn't corrupted, on we go :smallsmile:

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-11.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-11-Large.jpg)

Gillric
2010-10-21, 07:06 PM
Nebusa is enraged that he missed the orc with his last bolt of lightning so he calls down one more.

Arc Lightning | [roll0] vs Ref | [roll1] plus [roll2] damage

Viracocha
2010-10-21, 07:15 PM
Krayd moans in pain as lightning courses through her body.

Krayd takes 12 damage.

RebelRogue
2010-10-21, 07:51 PM
Morgran Duskmallet

Temporarily distracted by the pain of the axe to his shoulder, Morgran decides that it's time for the orc to taste fire! Hurt me again, and you will only destroy yourself!, he yells as he makes a complicated gesture with his left hand, calling forth flames to engulf Krayd.

I'm dazed, so one action only: Hellish Rebuke on Krayd. [roll0] vs. Reflex, [roll1] fire damage and 1d6+5 fire damage more if I take damage before then end of my next turn.

Edit: I forgot curse damage, but I guess it won't be needed... :smallfrown:

Viracocha
2010-10-21, 07:54 PM
Krayd grunts as she is enveloped in flames. As they die down she shakes her head, "Hur hur hur, puny dwarf make me look pretty? It don't hurt at all."

That's a miss.

Zaydos
2010-10-22, 05:00 AM
Zalderius

Zalderius directs his spirit to move to the enemy and then his spirit howls as it lunges forward pulling the orc off balance to give Kravnuik an opening to strike.

Move: Move spirit to D6.
Standard: Use Ironbreaker Claws [roll0] vs reflex; damage [roll1] and on a hit Kravnuik can make a free melee basic attack at a +4 bonus.

Viracocha
2010-10-22, 08:15 AM
Zalderius' spirit companion closes in on its prey and inflicts a nasty wound on the orc's leg. She is so distraught that she lets her guard down and Kravnuik manages to get through for a tear on her arm.

I assume you wanted to move it E6 because D6 causes an opportunity attack and isn't flanking. You hit regardless.

Krayd takes 19 damage.

Her turn will come up shortly.

Viracocha
2010-10-22, 09:12 AM
Krayd falters and falls on one knee. She draws up every remaining once of energy, and with a bloodcurdling scream, she leaps up and swings her axe sideways. Gael is surprised and takes a nasty cut across his muzzle but Kravnuik manages to avoid it.

She once more goes into a spin, her axe whirling about. Kravnuik manages to dodge and duck most of it, but Gael's reactions are slowed from the previous hit. He takes blow after blow until he falls unconscious. The spinning blade also manages to cleave Zalderius' companion, returning it to the spirit world.

Krayd roars, "Now you know power of Krayd! You die!" With this lashes out with her foot, hitting Kravnuik squarely in the face and knocking him off the platform. He falls on his back with a thud.

Standard (Gratuitous Violence) Gael takes 6 damage and is dazed (remembered the -3!)
Action Point (Axe Whirl): Gael takes 13 damage and is unconscious. Kravnuik takes 4 damage. Spirit companion is gone and Zalderius takes 5 damage.
Minor (Brutal Kick): Kravnuik takes 6 damage and is bloodied. He gets pushed and falls prone in B5, taking 6 more damage.

Finally a decent round for her.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-12.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-12-Large.jpg)

Dekkah
2010-10-22, 09:37 AM
Gael
The druid fall flat on his belly unconcious from the pain.

Took 9-3 = 6
Took 16-13 = 13
This put me to -2

Gael Status
HP :...-2/28...TEMP HP :...0
Off Hand :

Powers :
Wild shape
Savage Rend
Gasping Tide (Druid)
Swarming Locust
Action point (0/1)
Second Wind
Scattered Form
Healing Word
Primeval Bear Attack

Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Ter'Yav :

Effects on Ter'Yav :
Wild shape (bear form)
Bloodied
Dying
Prone

Items Carried :
Ritual Book
Backpack (empty)
Bedroll
Belt Pouch (empty)
Climber's Kit
Flint and Steel
Hempen Rope (50 ft.)
Trail Rations (10)
Waterskin
Sunrod (2)
Staff
Hide Armor
DAgger
Rare Herbs (Nature) (40)

Riches :
7 GP

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Purify Water

Languages
Goblin
Common
Giant
Draconic

Leewei
2010-10-23, 10:59 AM
Kravnuik

Krav stands and cracks his neck, shoulders and back.

Move Action: Stand.
Standard Action: Second Wind.

Viracocha
2010-10-23, 12:09 PM
Kravnuik takes a moment to rest and recuperate after standing up from that nasty fall.

RebelRogue
2010-10-24, 03:19 PM
Morgran Duskmallet

That's IT!, Morgran shouts at Krayd. Nobody does that to a friend of mine and lives to tell the tale, he yells, advancing to bring the mordenkrad down hard!

Shift to E7 followed by Eldritch Strike. [roll0] vs. AC (unless I've missed/forgotten some modifiers), [roll1] damage + [roll2] curse damage.

Viracocha
2010-10-24, 06:35 PM
As Morgran's hammer swings down, Krayd falls into a crumbling heap. She tries to get up once more, but she falters, falling onto her knees and then forward like a log.

And that's it! You gain 100 xp.

Zaydos
2010-10-24, 06:40 PM
Zalderius

Zalderius calls his spirit back into existence and says, "If you need healing gather together."

RebelRogue
2010-10-24, 06:58 PM
Morgran Duskmallet

Nah, I'm good, Morgran says while moving over to check on Gael. After making sure he's as ok as he can be, he turns to removing the worst bits of orc from his hammer. Take your time to catch your breath. In the meantime, I'll keep watch.

Leewei
2010-10-24, 07:23 PM
Kravniuk

"If she yet lives, we should ask her what she knows of this village, and what her kin were seeking here."

Krav will begin a short rest and spend another healing surge.

Dekkah
2010-10-25, 08:39 AM
DM
As Gael regain conciousness, he quickly stand back on its paws, and look at the orc. Relaxing a bit as he sees that she is dead and everyone is apparently alright, Gael starts to really feel his injuries. The druid in bear form, sit down and start to lick his wounds.
A worthy challenge my lady.
After roughly 5minutes, feeling better, he shapeshift back into his real body and ask,
"Did anyone search the room and this scum corpse?"
Gael the proceed to search the orc body.

Short rest, will spend 3 healing surge an gain 10 hps from Zeldarius healing powrrs . This put Gael to full HP.

Gael Status
Surge left/surge per day :...7/10
Off Hand :

Powers :
Wild shape
Savage Rend
Gasping Tide (Druid)
Swarming Locust
Action point (0/1)
Second Wind
Scattered Form
Healing Word
Primeval Bear Attack

Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Ter'Yav :

Effects on Ter'Yav :
Wild shape (bear form)
Bloodied
Dying
Prone

Items Carried :
Ritual Book
Backpack (empty)
Bedroll
Belt Pouch (empty)
Climber's Kit
Flint and Steel
Hempen Rope (50 ft.)
Trail Rations (10)
Waterskin
Sunrod (2)
Staff
Hide Armor
DAgger
Rare Herbs (Nature) (40)

Riches :
7 GP

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Purify Water

Languages
Goblin
Common
Giant
Draconic

Viracocha
2010-10-25, 09:40 AM
As Gael searches the corpse, he finds 180 gp, some leather armor, a greataxe and 4 hand axes.

Dekkah
2010-10-25, 10:35 AM
Gael
The deva take a look at the orc purse quickly, and says pocketing it,
"We will split this later if you guys dont mind, lets move after the other orcs. There is also some axes if you needs some more."
Gael then inspect the orc corpse looking for any clan mark or any indication that could tell him where these orcs are coming from or who they work for.

Gael Status
Surge left/surge per day :...7/10
Off Hand :

Powers :
Wild shape
Savage Rend
Gasping Tide (Druid)
Swarming Locust
Action point (1/2)
Second Wind
Scattered Form
Healing Word
Primeval Bear Attack

Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Ter'Yav :

Effects on Ter'Yav :
Wild shape (bear form)
Bloodied
Dying
Prone

Items Carried :
Ritual Book
Backpack (empty)
Bedroll
Belt Pouch (empty)
Climber's Kit
Flint and Steel
Hempen Rope (50 ft.)
Trail Rations (10)
Waterskin
Sunrod (2)
Staff
Hide Armor
DAgger
Rare Herbs (Nature) (40)

Riches :
7 GP

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Purify Water

Languages
Goblin
Common
Giant
Draconic

Group Loot :
180 GP

Viracocha
2010-10-25, 10:40 AM
Gael notices some tribal markings in the shape of a slit eye.

Dekkah
2010-10-25, 10:43 AM
Gael
This look familiar...
Did Gael see this clansmark before or know anything about them?
History :[roll0]

If you judge it should be a nature roll, Add 2 to that roll (got a +11 mod).

Viracocha
2010-10-25, 11:21 AM
You have heard of The Severed Eyes, a small band of orc mercenaries. You do not know why they're here.

Dekkah
2010-10-25, 11:26 AM
Gael
Gael point at a slit eye shaped symbol on the orc and says,
"This orc belong The Severed Eyes clan. That clan is some sort of mercenary band. I can only guess that they are not affiliated with the goblins from the way they treated the small scum they captured. This is only an assumption, but it is possible they are here for the same reason we are."

Leewei
2010-10-25, 11:12 PM
Kravnuik

Once certain his companions are recovered and again ready for battle, Krav advances to the stairs.

Viracocha
2010-10-26, 09:15 AM
With a running start, almost everyone barely manages to get past the pit. Nebusa in particular almost seems to hang in the air as he glides past and lands neatly on his feet. Zalderius, though, crashes with a thud against the farther pit wall and slides down. He gets a hand up and climbs up the pit walls.

When they get to the door, they find it locked.

Zalderius loses a healing surge for that fall.

Leewei
2010-10-26, 09:19 AM
Kravnuik

Pointing at his armored boot, Krav mouths "Kick pick the lock?"

RebelRogue
2010-10-26, 10:46 AM
Morgran Duskmallet

No need for that Krav, Morgran whispers as he pulls out a set of thieves' tools and begins to pick the lock. I know what you think, but no, I am not a simple thief!, he assures the rest of you. But when you've been as... let's call it misunderstood, by your fellow clansmen as I have been, you sometimes need a diverse set of skills to get by!

Thievery check to pick the lock (with a +2 from the tools): [roll0]

Dekkah
2010-10-26, 10:49 AM
Gael
Gael transform again his bear form, walking beside Krav, ready for anything beyong that door.

Viracocha
2010-10-26, 10:55 AM
*click* The lock opens.

Gillric
2010-10-26, 11:11 AM
With the door no longer locked, Nebusa casts mage hand and commands the hand to open the door without putting himself to close to the melee fighters.

Viracocha
2010-10-26, 11:33 AM
The magical hand tugs and pulls at the door, but fails to move it.

The stone door is too heavy for the mage hand to move it.
If you want to open the door, please position yourselves in the following map.

http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Encounter2-door.jpg

Leewei
2010-10-26, 12:32 PM
Kravnuik

Krav positions himself at the door and prepares to open it.

Position at F13 with shield ready but sword sheathed. When the party is ready, open the door.

Zaydos
2010-10-26, 12:51 PM
Zalderius

Readies himself, watching the doorway

Dismiss Spirit Companion if it is still there (so I can move it into position easier) and move to E10

Viracocha
2010-10-26, 12:54 PM
Setting Morgran at H13 so we can move no.

As Kravnuik opens the door, he can see some dimly lit stairways going down.

Leewei
2010-10-26, 12:56 PM
Kravnuik

Readying his sword, Krav descends the stairs.

Gillric
2010-10-26, 12:57 PM
Krav, would you like some light?

Leewei
2010-10-26, 01:00 PM
Kravnuik

Krav nods briefly, then proceeds further.

Gillric
2010-10-26, 01:01 PM
moving to the top of the stairs, Nebusa casts Light on Krav's sword causing it to emit a bright light.

Dekkah
2010-10-26, 01:05 PM
Gael
The druid, follow the fighter.

Viracocha
2010-10-26, 01:06 PM
As Kravnuik illuminates the stairway with his shining sword, he notices that the walls and ceiling are in disrepair. The stairs seem to lead to a small room, a broken down wooden door littering the ground.

I'm assuming you all follow him in the following order: Kravnuik, Gael, Morgran, Zalderius, Nebusa, unless you tell me otherwise.

Viracocha
2010-10-26, 01:30 PM
Once Kravnuik reaches the bottom of the stairs, a twang can be heard and a dart flies in from the room. Kravnuik manages to react in time and dodges it, but it strikes Gael squarely in the nose.

Dekkah, please roll an endurance check, DC 20.

Viracocha
2010-10-26, 01:40 PM
Gael starts feeling woozy, but with a shake of his head he manages to clear his mind.

Nice roll :smallwink:

Dekkah
2010-10-26, 01:43 PM
Gael
Shaking his massive bear head, Gael regain his focus. He look into the room for the source of this dart.

Viracocha
2010-10-26, 01:48 PM
From his vantage point, Gael does not manage to find where the dart came from.

Gillric
2010-10-26, 04:18 PM
Nebusa advances into the room and looks around

Perception: [roll0]
Arcana: [roll1] to detect any latent magic or traces of magic on objects

Leewei
2010-10-26, 04:37 PM
Kravnuik

"Dart trap? More of a goblin trick than anything an orc would do."

Gillric
2010-10-26, 04:43 PM
Yes, the gobins probably trapped the building. Hopefully the orcs will trip some of the traps for us and they will get the brunt of the damage as well.

Zaydos
2010-10-26, 04:45 PM
Zalderius

If the orcs are after the stone as well it could even be an indication we are in the right place. If only we knew how thoroughly the goblins had occupied this building.

Viracocha
2010-10-26, 08:34 PM
A bit to the left of the entrance is the corpse of a goblin. It looks like the one you saw in the distance. A small trail of blood leads to the western wall. Large footprints go from that wall, around the corpse and to a door set on the opposite wall. Daylight filters through the cracked door and the barricaded windows. A broken chair and a desk by a corner is all that is left of the furniture.

Leewei
2010-10-26, 10:07 PM
Kravnuik

Krav positions himself by the door and looks through the cracks for signs of trouble.

"We may want to check out the desk - and the orcs' handiwork," he states, glancing at the dead goblin.

Viracocha
2010-10-26, 10:17 PM
The door leads to the outside, it seems to be on the opposite side of the building from which you entered. Right now there's no one in sight. You can see some temples nearby.

Dekkah
2010-10-27, 09:55 AM
Gael
The druid slowly walk toward the exit and try to spot the orcs tracks to learn which way they went outside, not going outside himself yet.

Gillric
2010-10-27, 10:01 AM
Nebusa walks over to examine the desk and begins checking it for traps

Perceptions: [roll0]
Theivery: [roll1]

Viracocha
2010-10-27, 10:11 AM
The desk does not seem trapped, but it does not yield anything useful either. Tracks are very hard to distinguish from Gael's vantage point as there's several crisscrossing on the road.

Gillric
2010-10-27, 10:27 AM
Well, it appears this building is clear. Do you want me to try one of the three rituals here? Or save it for a more likely building?

Leewei
2010-10-27, 11:28 AM
Kravnuik

"I can't imagine anyone stowing a relic in here. Let's proceed to another site."

Dekkah
2010-10-27, 02:13 PM
Gael
Shifting to be able to speak, Gael say,
"I cannot see where the orcs tracks leads form here, we will need to go in the open if we want to track them, but my first guess would be over there if they seek the same thing as we do."
He point at the temples nearby.
"I would wait Nebusa, our employer told us that being at the right spot is important. I dont beleive we are at the right spot. When we are in the temples area over there, maybe."

Gael revert to his animal form and wait patiently by the door the others.

Gillric
2010-10-27, 02:34 PM
Aye, we will wait, I just thought it should be a group decision instead of just me deciding.

Viracocha
2010-10-27, 06:25 PM
You come out the door and see a street heading to the temples. You follow the cobblestone road and come up to a plaza. There's a small shrine to Sehanine straight ahead, a larger temple to Pelor on the left side, and another shrine to Avandra on the right side. You hear no sound but some birds off in the distance.

Leewei
2010-10-27, 06:32 PM
Kravnuik

"The sun shines on us. Head to Pelor's temple?"

RebelRogue
2010-10-27, 06:37 PM
Morgran Duskmallet

I don't know. Too obvious! Isn't it a better idea to search the small ones first to get them out of the way?

Zaydos
2010-10-27, 06:39 PM
Zalderius

We go to the center. These are one of the three areas the stone is supposed to be in, correct? We have three scrolls, one for each, correct?

Leewei
2010-10-27, 07:01 PM
Kravnuik

Krav shrugs, "By the highway or the winding path, we reach our destination. It looks like there are a few temples here in the heart of the village. We can head to a smaller one as well."

Dekkah
2010-10-27, 09:05 PM
Gael
Gael return to his humanoid form to be able to join the discussion, with lucidity that isnt usual for the druid he says,
"We do have three scrolls, but there is actually 5 spot to check now. The old ones told us either the library, the temples or the mansion. Since there is 3 temples, that mean we dont have enough scroll to test in all the buildings. I think we should search the area first, starting with the smaller shrines which will take less time. In my humble opinion, if the priest had it, I would go for the Shenanine shrine. It is more like Sehaninians followers to hide things. Pelorians would had worked to protect the people, thus using the stone. I also think Avandrians would had used it to protect the people from goblin oppresion."

RebelRogue
2010-10-27, 09:27 PM
Morgran Duskmallet

Makes sense to me! Let's go to Sehanine's temple, then.

Viracocha
2010-10-27, 09:52 PM
You walk into the Shrine of the Moon. You notice that, like the rest of the town, it's in disrepair. Some columns have crumbled down and there are cracks on the walls. In front of you, you see a portcullis, and through it you notice a disheveled man that wears what looks to have been at one point quite fine clothing. He attempts to hide when he first notices movement, but stops when he sees you're not goblins. He looks at you questioningly.

I took the liberty of positioning you, let me know if you want to change your spots.

Map:
http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Temple.jpg (http://www.mossdragon.com/slayingstone/Temple-Large.jpg)

Leewei
2010-10-27, 10:12 PM
Kravnuik

"Sir, are you hurt or in need of aid?" Krav asks earnestly.

Viracocha
2010-10-27, 10:16 PM
Man

"No. Who are you, what are you doing here?"

Leewei
2010-10-27, 10:19 PM
Kravnuik

"I would ask the same. This place is a goblin town. We are here on an errand for an alchemist. She wishes to obtain some relic thought to reside here."

Viracocha
2010-10-27, 10:20 PM
Man

"If you wish to speak, come closer. I will not risk detection by raising my voice."

Leewei
2010-10-27, 10:22 PM
Kravnuik

The warrior shrugs, then approaches with weapon sheathed, but shield readied.

Dekkah
2010-10-28, 09:16 AM
Gael
The bear shaped druid approach the man, keeping an eye on him, finding him suspicious, Is this a traitor to its kind....
Gael stay a few feet away and keep looking into the mans eyes.

Geal gauge the mans intentions.
Insight : [roll0]

Gillric
2010-10-28, 11:08 AM
While the others are talking, Nebusa begins to look for a way to raise the portcullis if the opportunity arises.

Viracocha
2010-10-28, 01:10 PM
Gael:

The man looks a bit nervous.

Gillric:

There doesn't seem to be a mechanism to open the portcullis, but you may be able to push it up. You can also see a corridor to your right, and past the portcullis there's a closed door on the right, and double doors on the other side of the room opposite you.

Gillric
2010-10-28, 01:27 PM
Nebusa whispers to his companions, It looks like there is no mechanism for lifting this portcullis but we may be able to force it. First, I am going to take a look at this corridor. He then walks over and looks down the corridor to the right of the portcullis.

Viracocha
2010-10-28, 01:28 PM
The corridor turns to the left, in the direction of the room beyond the portcullis.

Leewei
2010-10-28, 02:07 PM
Kravnuik

Krav will head down the corridor.

Viracocha
2010-10-28, 02:08 PM
Kravnuik makes his way to the closed door between the corridor and the room where the stranger is.

Gillric
2010-10-28, 03:24 PM
Nebusa again whispers to his allies, Do we think that man to be a threat? If not we can attempt to enter but if he is, we could attempt to eliminate him first.

Dekkah
2010-10-28, 03:58 PM
Gael
Te druid return to his natural form and reply to Nebusa, in a hushed voice,
"I find him a bit ... nervous. Could be explained by the goblins prsence all around... still we should be carefull."
The druid follows the fighter.