PDA

View Full Version : [Start of Darkness] Hidden Cameo?

Koretsu
2010-10-13, 09:14 PM
So, I was rereading Start of Darkness the other night, and noticed something interesting... :smallredface:

Check out the second panel on page 21... The back of that head on the far right looks awfully familiar... :smallconfused:

Do you think this'll ever come up again in the story?

Xykeb Zraliv
2010-10-13, 09:34 PM
I doubt it. It looks like just a neat little cameo. Nice find, though. I hadn't noticed that before.

NerfTW
2010-10-13, 09:42 PM
Check out the second panel on page 21... The back of that head on the far right looks awfully familiar... :smallconfused:

So who does it look like? I don't have the books nearby at the moment.

Innis Cabal
2010-10-13, 09:45 PM
Going to guess V because it's been mentioned like 100 times already :smallsmile:

Nimrod's Son
2010-10-13, 09:46 PM
It's Vaarsuvius, in Fyron's museum. He looks as he does in the first panel of this strip. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0483.html)

Dr.Epic
2010-10-13, 11:21 PM
Going to guess V because it's been mentioned like 100 times already :smallsmile:

Yeah, this has been suggested many times before. We have no way of knowing if it is him. I think the Giant is just toying with us.

Nimrod's Son
2010-10-14, 02:39 AM
Yeah, this has been suggested many times before. We have no way of knowing if it is him. I think the Giant is just toying with us.
Rich has said before that the main purpose of his art is communication, and that image communicates nothing but "Vaarsuvius".

Greyscale or not, he used the EXACT same template he uses when we see V from behind (as in the comic I linked above, or here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0427.html)), and didn't change it at all. We know he doesn't particularly care for unwarranted speculation, either, so he would be well aware that most people would see it and think it's V.

I doubt it's going to be particularly plot-centric though, just a little "easter egg" for folks who are paying attention.