PDA

View Full Version : Campaing Brainstorming

true_shinken
2010-10-13, 09:25 PM
OK, guys. My current campaing is about to end. I have a few ideas for the next campaign, set in the same world, 100 (or maybe 200; I'm thinking 200 will be better) years in the future.
Stuff I have set:

The rod of seven parts. It was used to bind Lolth's champion and now the drow are trying to find it while other organizations (initially the Stargazers) are trying to find it before them.
Drow were not features in the first campaign. They were at war with the dwarves, but during the 'timeskip', they win the war. Drow will be the main antagonists.
In the first arc, a drow advisor (a Joker Bard) will be helping a certain Troll Prince (maybe a Half-fiend troll Duskblade) amass an army to diverge attention from the drows' search of the Rod.
Campaign starts at 1st level.
Action Points are in play.
I might feature guns and the Black Rain discipline.
I'm going for a more steampunkish/Eberronish feel. It's probably arcanepunkish, actually. We'll have airships and trains propelled by bound elementals and stuff like that. Practical magic.
Magic above 6th level is extremely rare. Think of it like artifacts.
Main races: human, elf (draconic-focused), dwarf, xeph, azurin, goblinoids (they are all naturally psionic w/o LA), elans, hengeyokai, orcs.
Other known races: shadar-kai, tieflings, aasimar, yuan-ti, half-giants, killoren. Could add others in a case by case basis via player request.

That's mainly what I have. Any suggestions for my game?

true_shinken
2010-10-14, 11:35 PM
Bump.
No suggestions? :/

Mystic Muse
2010-10-14, 11:44 PM
Not really. It looks like you've got everything accounted for. Maybe I'm just missing something but I can't tell what exactly it is you're asking for. "Suggestions" is a bit broad of a term. Is there anything specific you need suggestions for?

EDIT: Nice avatar by the way.

Knaight
2010-10-14, 11:47 PM
To put Kyuubi's point in more blunt terms: We lack the data we need to be helpful. Some clarifications on thematic elements and such you might want to include would be helpful, as would a detailed description of the world 200 years ago, and the elements changing it.

true_shinken
2010-10-15, 12:10 AM
Not really. It looks like you've got everything accounted for. Maybe I'm just missing something but I can't tell what exactly it is you're asking for. "Suggestions" is a bit broad of a term. Is there anything specific you need suggestions for?
Specific stuff the drow might do, specific interesting builds for the troll prince, which kind of monsters to fit in the troll prince's army, that kind of stuff. Practical uses of magic would also be greatly welcomed.
I'm also not sure on how to stat Lolth's champion, if it ever comes to that.

EDIT: Nice avatar by the way.
Oh, thanks a lot. ^^

To put Kyuubi's point in more blunt terms: We lack the data we need to be helpful. Some clarifications on thematic elements and such you might want to include would be helpful, as would a detailed description of the world 200 years ago, and the elements changing it.
Hm, OK.
First campaign was about how the prince of Falenia killed his fathers and usurped the kingdom. Falenia is the largest kingdom, ruled by a bloodline of aasimar (the Aesir family). Ergariel Aesir, the big bad, took the kingdom by force. His younger brother, Arikel Aesir, a player character, tries to get the kingdom back and figure out what Ergariel wants. That's the basics.
Falenia ia the only thing preventing the elf kingdom, Viser, from engaging the norse kingdom, Viken, in battle for the holy Frozen Lands. When Ergariel usurps the crown, wars breaks out. Recently, the player characters also chose to not meddle in the war so as to directly confront Ergariel - this will mean Viken will be completely destroyed in the second campign and the norse to be nearly erradicated.
A new country was created by the half-elf supremacist group the Scar during the war. How powerful this country might be in the future depends, because the players might yet crush their most powerful leaders. If the Scar leaders, survive, though, the new world will be a lot less pleasant. Think Hitler with pointed ears.
There is a Blue Desert, a land of incarnum where the azurin and the yuan-ti live. The players screwed up here - bad. They basically made it possible for a jann to farm wishes (yes, in a world with no magic above 6th level). In the second campaign, this same jann will have the Blue Empire - a completely closed, self-sufficient country. He rules it with an iron fist. Everyone is afraid of even looking at that blue wall in the horizon. Think Mordor, only blue.
The dwarves live in underground kingdom. PCs hardly contacted them in the first campaign. The second campaign will see the dwarves trying to live in the surface after being defeated by the drow. A lot of them will try to live in Falenia, which might be a problem.
Other important places - Alsatia is a flying city with elemental binding technology magic. They will have developed guns during the timeskip. The free city of Weissenacht was freed from a clan of vampires and a slaad plague by the players. One of them, an elven warlock, will be city's (now a small kingdom) ruler in the future. Weissenacht is protected by a white dome that blocks teleports and divinations from entering the city. It's also where the setting's resident archmage lives - except in the 2nd campaign, he will be the current campaign's mage.

Well, that's I can remember by now. Any help is apreciated.