PDA

View Full Version : Druid Help

Tavar
2010-10-13, 09:31 PM
I'm currently running a Mounted Druid, exchanging Favored Enemy, swift tracker, and the track feat for wildshape. I'm level 10 right now, and, well, I'm stuck. My sheet's here (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=9353), but I'm not really sure where to go from here. This is a combat heavy campaign. Well, scratch that, it's all combat, and anything from core is okay. Outside of core is only with the DM's permission.

Right now, my 10th level is another level in druid, but that can easily be changed. In fact, so can my 9th level, but I really can't think of anything that I should change it too. I haven't picked out either my 6th or 9th level feats, and I also have 18500 gp to play around with. Suggestions?

gorfnab
2010-10-14, 02:56 AM
Pretty much core only...
For feats Extend Spell, Trample, or Quicken Spell.
For gear look into increasing your AC. Ring of Protection, Amulet of Natural Armor, upgrading your Dragonhide, etc. Also consider getting armor and gear for your animal companion.

aeauseth
2010-10-14, 11:15 AM
All the Druid's I have seen leverage wildshape. May I ask what your typical contribution to the party is? I'm guessing divine spellcasting + boosting your animal campanion for melee. Your AC is a bit low for melee yourself.

If your asking about a PrC then your going to want to stick with the ones that continue to progress your spells and animal companion.

Tavar
2010-10-14, 11:40 AM
Yeah, though since we have another druid it's turning more and more to buffing my animal companion a bit, and riding it into battle.

Only hic-up is that Evard's Menacing Tentacles can't be used on Animal Companions or the like anymore.

bokodasu
2010-10-14, 11:41 AM
Hey, are you in my campaign? If so, get some cold resistance on your armor (unless the white dragonhide takes care of that and if it does hey how come I didn't get that?) and some way to do electric or sonic damage. Also: bring snacks.

Otherwise better armor + speed and try to boost spellcasting, or better armor + something that will do damage. You can also try getting those summoning feats and concentrating on buffing your summons, but I didn't have much luck when I did that.

What's your mount right now?

(Edit: Dude, you are totally in my campaign. I'm serious about the snacks thing, it's the best xp booster there is.)

Tavar
2010-10-14, 11:45 AM
I don't think it does, unfortunately. I think there are a couple ways around the damage, but if it's worse than Endure Elements can shields against I don't think there's much anyone can do at the moment.

And I've brought snacks pretty much every session. It really does help.

bokodasu
2010-10-14, 11:55 AM
Ok, so it only costs 4950 to get a single energy resistance 10 added to your armor if you get the mage to do it; a cloak of resistance +3 will boost all your saves for the same price.

But decide first if you want to do hit things, cast blasty spells, or let your nature buddies do it all for you, and then build out into that direction. Oh, and amulet of natural weapon (from savage species) has been ok'd if you want a bit of a boost for your mount for not too much money.

OrionFaarlane
2010-10-14, 02:10 PM
Which edition are you playing?
It makes all the difference.

Greenish
2010-10-14, 02:33 PM
Which edition are you playing?In which edition can a druid swap Wildshape for Track, Favoured Enemy and Swift Tracker?

(Hint: it's 3.5.)

Moriato
2010-10-14, 04:59 PM
I've said it before, but I'm a big fan of the Lion of Talisid (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031004b) prc (it's available as an excerpt on WotC's site, click the link).

It's from Book of Exalted Deeds, so you'd have to run it by your DM, but you get to keep all your spellcasting, and you get Pounce, a Haste effect 10 rounds/day, and Exalted companion.

Exalted companion gives you a small list of celestial creatures to add to your choices of animal companion, or you can just add the Celestial template to any of the other companion choices.

The celestial template adds darkvision, a little DR, a little SR, and and some resistance to cold, acid, and electricity, which sounds like it might be helpful to you. It also turns your companion into a magical beast, which has some interesting side effects, such as giving it an int 3 which, by RAW, means it now understands at least one language, so no more need of "tricks", simply tell your companion what you'd like it to do.

The downsides are that you have to be exalted (bleh), so you'll have to be NG to enter the prc, and you have to take a feat that's otherwise pretty useless. The only things you'd miss out on compared to going full druid are timeless body, and thousand faces.

Tavar
2010-10-14, 05:33 PM
Also, animal growth, which is just awesomesauce.